2014/08/20 - Stranded in the Dessert

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

Re: 2014/08/20 - Stranded in the Dessert

Post by Dissension »

valerio wrote:funny, because it was clearly stated that Tarot is the avatar. And unless contrarily stated, there cannot be TWO avatars per player.
Only the avatars would be engaged in combat, since this is the duel. Tarot tag-teamed with her apprentice.
Gamewolf67 wrote:Am I the only one who sees a relationship between Karishad and Dragon? Am I?
Yes. You'll notice Karishad's texting Tarot, not Spirit Dragon.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Okay, quasi-irrelevant question (I'm probably missing a vital point here): where are Pete and Dragon in all of this? I would surmise that they would be baffled by the abrupt disappearance of their pawns and promptly storm the scene to investigate... Unless they are already there...

All Karishad and no food make Daryl a dull wolf.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So a legal question. If King does have to turn back into Joel permanently, would that mean that King and Bailey's marriage would be annulled by default since it was under false pretenses? (King being a dog when he wasn't)
Of the possible outcomes when that came to mind, yours oddly didn't cross my mind. I was thinking that it would simply not be recognized because it would be a human/dog relationship, but the fact it was a false identity is new.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

D-Rock wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:So a legal question. If King does have to turn back into Joel permanently, would that mean that King and Bailey's marriage would be annulled by default since it was under false pretenses? (King being a dog when he wasn't)
Of the possible outcomes when that came to mind, yours oddly didn't cross my mind. I was thinking that it would simply not be recognized because it would be a human/dog relationship, but the fact it was a false identity is new.
I think it was mentioned a while back, or at least implied.

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

ConvoyWolf wrote:I retract my previous statements about illusion/shapeshifting. I dont want to cause an aregument.

And ill most likely keep my muzzle shut for now till next update.
You haven't yet told me how it is you know so much about the subject!

I've got my eye on you!
That would make the Kingley fans utterly sad.

Let's do it!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Pet marriages have no legal meaning anyway.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gren

Post by Gren »

I don't get it. Why can't they just forfeit their roles as avatars and let others take care of the duel?
Neither Pete nor Dragon is plotting no evil. Not even the equalizing-thing bears any ill will.
The thing is they've already tasted the tempting rewards for being on their side but don't want to do the things they are asked to do in order to obtain them permanently and well deserved.
Appearance. Power. Love. They want it all for free. No strings attached. Who are the selfish brats now? If you want the prizes so badly then shut up and keep playing. If you want to do the right thing then don't be egoistic and leave behind both the role as avatar and the rewards.

Sure, I acknowledge they have been tempted and not all were their choices. But since when temptation is a crime? If you ask me I would say that is a valid resource like any other. How can you expect cooperation or even credibility if they don't have a little taste beforehand?
Silly Zealot wrote:That would make the Kingley fans utterly sad.

Let's do it!
WATCH OUT! ********* COMING!
Argent wrote:
Pet marriages have no legal meaning anyway.
Exactly, that was just propaganda.

Mod Edit: Do not attempt to evade the filters. Completely obscure unclean language
ImageImage
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Silly Zealot wrote: You haven't yet told me how it is you know so much about the subject!

I've got my eye on you!
Im dropping the subject. I really dont know much about it. I spoke mostly out of my perception on the situation.

You wanna keep an eye on me fine but dont get your hopes up.
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

It amazes me how we've been so emotional about this arc than any other. And we're not even at the climax yet! ;)
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Miles the Wolf wrote:It amazes me how we've been so emotional about this arc than any other. And we're not even at the climax yet! ;)
I've noticed that we get this emotional with just about every King arc. I think I recall a thread had to be temporarily closed because it was getting way overheated.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

D-Rock wrote:
Miles the Wolf wrote:It amazes me how we've been so emotional about this arc than any other. And we're not even at the climax yet! ;)
I've noticed that we get this emotional with just about every King arc. I think I recall a thread had to be temporarily closed because it was getting way overheated.
Mainly the arcs revolving around him have usually stirreed up emotions. I guess its just about King adjusting to be a dog. Kinda heart warming.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

D-Rock wrote:
Personally, I'm use to King's situations cause I watch Anime. I however get emotional with the more casual drama, I guess it's a downside to watching anime... or is it...?
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

I know right! This whole arc has been so thought provoking and emotional and I love that we're all so involved! Man, I love this community!
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

That would make the Kingley fans utterly sad.

Let's do it!
As a Kingley fan, I have to say that, yes, that would make me sad. Also,
PREPARE THE LIQUID NITROGEN BOYS! SEAL THE HATCHES AND GET TO THE VAULTS!
CALL IN THE TWB FIRE DEPARTMENT, AND HOLD ON!
PREPARE FOR FLAME WAR!
I'll be buying a teleporter so that I can RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAY
Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho'(though) the soldiers knew
  Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Gren wrote:I don't get it. Why can't they just forfeit their roles as avatars and let others take care of the duel?
Neither Pete nor Dragon is plotting no evil. Not even the equalizing-thing bears any ill will.
The thing is they've already tasted the tempting rewards for being on their side but don't want to do the things they are asked to do in order to obtain them permanently and well deserved.
Appearance. Power. Love. They want it all for free. No strings attached. Who are the selfish brats now? If you want the prizes so badly then shut up and keep playing. If you want to do the right thing then don't be egoistic and leave behind both the role as avatar and the rewards.
I don't think they are going to stay there because they still want the rewards, but just to teach the two nerds a lesson by leaving them both at an impass by not letting them continue the game, neither with them as avatars nor with anyone else.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

King: "Oh great magic lantern, what must we do to avoid the all knowing eyes of two bratty demigods???"

Lantern: "Nothing..."

Karishad: "THE LANTERN HAS SPOKEN!"

(All): "ALL HAIL THE MAGIC LANTERN!"

(proceeds to do nothing)
ImageImageImageImage
Gren

Post by Gren »

Silly Zealot wrote:I don't think they are going to stay there because they still want the rewards, but just to teach the two nerds a lesson by leaving them both at an impass by not letting them continue the game, neither with them as avatars nor with anyone else.
Yeah, I get that but I'm asking why are they doing that? If it's not for the rewards then why? If they don't want to play and aren't aiming for the rewards anymore then why not forfeit? This has not anything to do with them anymore.
And what lesson could they possibly teach them by waiting around doing nothing? Subjective time, remember? They've been playing this duel for millennia. Pete was sealed in his temple for almost four thousand years. You really think they'd be troubled for that?
Besides, King already admitted it. He refuse to keep playing but he doesn't want to let go the rewards. Kinda selfish if you ask me.
The thing is they're overthinking this just like the readers do. Yes, the things they've been asked to do involve to be under greats amounts of pressure and could be kinda controversial (just like the whole equalization promise) but the rewards are equally great.
Furthermore, this is not a deathmatch. Nobody really gets hurt, letting aside the ego of the loser Nerd. And that the loser avatar won't have any reward but that's why drama's for.The uncertainty, the tension, those are the best things for the climax of a story. If the ending is so obvious then what was the point to add so much drama at the beginning?
some random people wrote:(...) emotional (...)
I think the word you meant is hysteric.
Emotional? Pfff...
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:King: "Oh great magic lantern, what must we do to avoid the all knowing eyes of two bratty demigods???"

Lantern: "Nothing..."

Karishad: "THE LANTERN HAS SPOKEN!"

(All): "ALL HAIL THE MAGIC LANTERN!"

(proceeds to do nothing)
I see what you did there.
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Gren wrote:I don't get it. Why can't they just forfeit their roles as avatars and let others take care of the duel?
Sure, I acknowledge they have been tempted and not all were their choices. But since when temptation is a crime? If you ask me I would say that is a valid resource like any other. How can you expect cooperation or even credibility if they don't have a little taste beforehand?
Should they just give it up and let others suffer the same things, THAT would be selfish. Instead, they are doing THE RIGHT THING, and that is: staying their grounds and facing all the consequences whatever they be, as long as no other innocents are involved in this torment. And since we're talking about mortals and gods, well, it hardly sounds like cowardly, eh?
The sweet irony is that Pete had, despite his intentions which were all but benevolent, offered Joel the chance to be a best individual, and King became just that, IN SPITE of Pete's intentions, not thanks to them. pete wanted a discontent-fueled avatar, not a loving pup. Bailey came as PLAN B after Pete lost his rights on King during the summit in "Dog Days of Summers".
Sabrina is getting ready to GIVE UP her prize (a better world), she just said it, and how could be that 'selfish'? Tarot even said that the current decision is better than many futures she saw, so it's objectivity against selfishness. And King didn't get anything for free, since he's still dependant on that watch to stay a dog: the love of his life is not something he 'got for free', it's something he built despite you disliking it so fervently. Blame him for wanting to keep the best thing of his tormented, although not without guilts, life.
Try to aknowledge that, too.
Gren

Post by Gren »

valerio wrote:Should they just give it up and let others suffer the same things, THAT would be selfish. Instead, they are doing THE RIGHT THING, and that is: staying their grounds and facing all the consequences whatever they be, as long as no other innocents are involved in this torment. And since we're talking about mortals and gods, well, it hardly sounds like cowardly, eh?
The sweet irony is that Pete had, despite his intentions which were all but benevolent, offered Joel the chance to be a best individual, and King became just that, IN SPITE of Pete's intentions, not thanks to them. pete wanted a discontent-fueled avatar, not a loving pup. Bailey came as PLAN B after Pete lost his rights on King during the summit in "Dog Days of Summers".
Sabrina is getting ready to GIVE UP her prize (a better world), she just said it, and how could be that 'selfish'? Tarot even said that the current decision is better than many futures she saw, so it's objectivity against selfishness. And King didn't get anything for free, since he's still dependant on that watch to stay a dog: the love of his life is not something he 'got for free', it's something he built despite you disliking it so fervently. Blame him for wanting to keep the best thing of his tormented, although not without guilts, life.
Try to aknowledge that, too.
"Suffer"? "Torment"? See, this is why I said you're overthinking this. They have been way happier than what they could had suffered. The problem here is that you only focus on the downsides, always ignoring the bright side.
Built? They have not built anything, all of that was part of the reward. The gods allowed them to experience how happy they could be if they help them. That's temptation. The fact that Joel was turned into a dog is not of importance. Pete has shown him a happier life than the one he used to have and now he doesn't want to let it go. Bailey, his friends, the comforts, all of that was on Pete's plans and is also part of the reward. King knows that and that's why he said he doesn't want to let it go.
Tarot and Sabrina were probably seduced with promises of a better world (and perhaps, their relationships with Peanut and Fido has something to do with that too).
Now you're talking about consequences. This is just a game, why should there be consequences? There are only rewards for the winners and nothing for the loser. The only consequence I see here is that they are gonna grow old and die if they go ahead with that plan.

Valerio, try to understand. Sometimes a great prize requires a huge sacrifice. The gods know this is not easy for any mortal and that's why they offer these amazing and wonderful prizes. Otherwise no one would help them. Who would do such things for them without any kind of gratification?
All what Pete and Dragon has done was in their avatar's best interest. It may be tricky the way they have been tempted but that's how temptation works. Remember they were trying to convince normal people, not acolytes.

Also, Sabrina is kinda greedy, cause she wants "the power" to make a better world. And this "better world" would arise according to her perspective.
Tarot's visions are subjective. Just because she said it's the better doesn't mean is the better for King or Sabrina or the cosmic nerds, etc.

And last but no least, why you assume that other people would suffer if they accept to be the avatars? The nerds don't need to trick people to convince them to cooperate with them in every single case. There may be people who will accept gladly if they were straightforward with them. As I said in the previous thread, Peanut probably would accept as long as it's fun and nobody gets hurt. Fido most likely too if he thinks he's doing a noble thing. Sometimes a little push is more than enough.
ImageImage
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

It must be cold in the desert night....am i the only one who wants to snuggle against Daryls warm soft fluffy belly?
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Suffer"? "Torment"? See, this is why I said you're overthinking this. They have been way happier than what they could had suffered. The problem here is that you only focus on the downsides, always ignoring the bright side.
What help is living a heppy life for once in your life, if on one's POW everything is pulled away? "Hey, dear, for all I know you could end up wounded or worse, and the guy who is taking you away has let the magic expire despite you sacrificing yourself, so see! I've got ALL the reasons to be happy, yup!"
Built? They have not built anything, all of that was part of the reward. The gods allowed them to experience how happy they could be if they help them. That's temptation. The fact that Joel was turned into a dog is not of importance. Pete has shown him a happier life than the one he used to have and now he doesn't want to let it go. Bailey, his friends, the comforts, all of that was on Pete's plans and is also part of the reward. King knows that and that's why he said he doesn't want to let it go.
Are you sure you're reading the same comic at all?
Pete wanted King in first instance, and he wanted a discontented, angry pawn to use as Dark Paladin. BECAUSE he was forced to give up King, he started working around Bailey. The promise of reward, the tempation, was for HER, not him. King has built his happiness DESPITE Pete's plans, and Pete has SO misjudged King's will to keep that happiness that once again his plans have been seriously thwarted. he could've just been honest for once, let them fight together as a tag team, just like Tarot and Sabrina, and things would've tipped in favor of Pete's new avatar.
Tarot and Sabrina were probably seduced with promises of a better world (and perhaps, their relationships with Peanut and Fido has something to do with that too).
Quite possible. Sabrina has seen the world, together with her Dad, and must have seen so many bad things happening, it must've been easy for Dragon to convince her to join her cause.
Now you're talking about consequences. This is just a game, why should there be consequences? There are only rewards for the winners and nothing for the loser. The only consequence I see here is that they are gonna grow old and die if they go ahead with that plan.
It's just a game for the gods, but unless you have inside information, so far this game is disrupting lives, and that's bad consequences enough. Either you enjoy other people's pain or you should acknowledge that all this manipulation is not exactly 'doing the right thing'. If it was 'just a game', it would've long sufficed to explain everything to the avatars; now, it's obvious that Pete couldn't initially say anything to King because the Dark Paladin is fueled by discontent, and explanation would've deflated such emotion, but with Bailey involved he had all the time, literally, to prepare them. A thing he didn't. With the aggravating that Bailey was ready to fight for her marriage already.
Valerio, try to understand. Sometimes a great prize requires a huge sacrifice. The gods know this is not easy for any mortal and that's why they offer these amazing and wonderful prizes. Otherwise no one would help them. Who would do such things for them without any kind of gratification?
And you don't understand that Pete is not caring about this POW. All Pete knows is his own ego. He is not making it hard for a superior good, but for the fun of it, which is quite dangerous, not wise. And the proof is the fact that, AGAIN, Pete didn't even try to prepare Bailey, he just lied out to get her and toss her in a battle without a proper training against a trained TEAM.
All what Pete and Dragon has done was in their avatar's best interest. It may be tricky the way they have been tempted but that's how temptation works. Remember they were trying to convince normal people, not acolytes.
Those two nerds are playing NOT to make their avatars' life happier or the world a better place. That's a MINOR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION for them. Purpose of the game is not end up as a mortal for a lifetime. Got it? the only 'best interest' is toward themselves.
Also, Sabrina is kinda greedy, cause she wants "the power" to make a better world. And this "better world" would arise according to her perspective.
Sabrina has NOT been offered the power to make the world a better place. That's for Dragon to do. Sabrina is just playing to make Dragon win.
Tarot's visions are subjective. Just because she said it's the better doesn't mean is the better for King or Sabrina or the cosmic nerds, etc.
Again, do you have inside information about time visions? What do YOU know about the future?
And last but no least, why you assume that other people would suffer if they accept to be the avatars? The nerds don't need to trick people to convince them to cooperate with them in every single case. There may be people who will accept gladly if they were straightforward with them. As I said in the previous thread, Peanut probably would accept as long as it's fun and nobody gets hurt. Fido most likely too if he thinks he's doing a noble thing. Sometimes a little push is more than enough.
OK, this last statements makes it clear: you have been reading another comic. Yup.
dragon has been sincere, what we read so far speaks it out.
pete has lied, manipulated, tricked. So we are not talking about other characters for the time being. We are talking about the current parties involved, and King and Bailey are not getting the good end of the deal. If she loses, they both lose everything, and she had offered herself to the game to SAVE her marriage. What does that tells you? NOT 'your best interest at work' here.
But of course, the end of that marriage would be your idea of happiness so better to stop here
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

LOOK OUT! MATURE INTELLECTUAL DEBATE ON THE GOINGS ON OF A WEBCOMIC INCOMING!
Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho'(though) the soldiers knew
  Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
Gren

Post by Gren »

valerio wrote:What help is living a heppy life for once in your life, if on one's POW everything is pulled away? "Hey, dear, for all I know you could end up wounded or worse, and the guy who is taking you away has let the magic expire despite you sacrificing yourself, so see! I've got ALL the reasons to be happy, yup!"
Bailey sacrificed herself? I'll say it again, nobody is gonna die here. She just merely interceded for him and agreed to be the avatar only because King stubbornly refused to do it. Besides, she really didn't need preparation because, as Pete said, some avatars gain power quicker and plus, Pete has a bigger mana pool than Dragon.
valerio wrote:Are you sure you're reading the same comic at all?
Pete wanted King in first instance, and he wanted a discontented, angry pawn to use as Dark Paladin. BECAUSE he was forced to give up King, he started working around Bailey. The promise of reward, the tempation, was for HER, not him. King has built his happiness DESPITE Pete's plans, and Pete has SO misjudged King's will to keep that happiness that once again his plans have been seriously thwarted. he could've just been honest for once, let them fight together as a tag team, just like Tarot and Sabrina, and things would've tipped in favor of Pete's new avatar.

It's just a game for the gods, but unless you have inside information, so far this game is disrupting lives, and that's bad consequences enough. Either you enjoy other people's pain or you should acknowledge that all this manipulation is not exactly 'doing the right thing'. If it was 'just a game', it would've long sufficed to explain everything to the avatars; now, it's obvious that Pete couldn't initially say anything to King because the Dark Paladin is fueled by discontent, and explanation would've deflated such emotion, but with Bailey involved he had all the time, literally, to prepare them. A thing he didn't. With the aggravating that Bailey was ready to fight for her marriage already.

And you don't understand that Pete is not caring about this POW. All Pete knows is his own ego. He is not making it hard for a superior good, but for the fun of it, which is quite dangerous, not wise. And the proof is the fact that, AGAIN, Pete didn't even try to prepare Bailey, he just lied out to get her and toss her in a battle without a proper training against a trained TEAM.

Those two nerds are playing NOT to make their avatars' life happier or the world a better place. That's a MINOR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION for them. Purpose of the game is not end up as a mortal for a lifetime. Got it? the only 'best interest' is toward themselves.
Pete needed an avatar fueled with discontent but at the same time he wanted to make him happier. He may have manipulated him but that doesn't mean he did it with any bad intention. Same goes for Dragon. After all, that's how gods act. You'll see worst things in the bible.
Why he wanted to make him happy? Cause he is not a monster and the whole ordeal was because he wanted to teach him a lesson. Besides, he was growing desperate and that's why he had to resort to desperate measures. He gave him happiness and then he was gonna take it back in order to convince him to accept being his avatar and causing a lot of discontent on him at the same time. And about Bailey, I think you already has said it before, that in order to be a "white avenger" the requisite was to intercede for a loved one. They couldn't tag team due to that requisite. It was one or the other.

Now, I prefer to quote some parts of the comic instead cause I think these are better explanations than my mere words that no one even cares.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/12/ ... christmas/
"King, most changes don't happen in one maginal night. They don't happen in a month's time, nor do they end so cleanly as stories would have you believe. But "the journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step". And the farthest a teacher can lead is to the front door; the decision to continue is your own. I've shown you how hard it is, and you still wish to grow; I'm real proud of you."

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... details-2/
"I play in your universes cause I like you guys. I don't want you getting hurt on my acount, so I have a policy of intrinsic benevolence."
"And that means that if you're deemed part of the game, your choise can be overriden in some cases. Namely, that the action performed is for your own good."

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... ts-not-so/
"This is stupid! I don't want to play by these rules!"
"Unfortunately, you exist, and therefore you're always playing by rules you didn't agree to. That's life, deal with it for once. If you just relax and try to keep up, you might find that you actually enjoy it. Like any good game, there's plenty of rewards after you earn them."

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2014/05/ ... he-scroll/
"When I was first changed I hate it. I was confused and scared--and big bird didn't really do much to help"
"Oh yes I did. I believe character is refined through hardship"
"That doesn't give you the right to use me!"
"Are you happy with your life, King?"
"...Yes"
"Then what's the worry? All you need to do to keep your life and wife is become my avatar for a while, fight for me in brutal combat, follow my every bidding--"
valerio wrote:Sabrina has NOT been offered the power to make the world a better place. That's for Dragon to do. Sabrina is just playing to make Dragon win.
Sabrina took the power from Dragon when she accepted to be her avatar. Everyone has rewards they want to achieve. We may just not know all about it. Remember that.

Besides, we don't really know which are the reasons of Tarot and Sabrina or how they got involved into this because Rick never gave them much relevance in the plot till now.
valerio wrote:Again, do you have inside information about time visions? What do YOU know about the future?
Tarot has visions but what she thinks about is not necessarily the same for others. That's why I said it's a subjective matter.
valerio wrote:OK, this last statements makes it clear: you have been reading another comic. Yup.
dragon has been sincere, what we read so far speaks it out.
pete has lied, manipulated, tricked. So we are not talking about other characters for the time being. We are talking about the current parties involved, and King and Bailey are not getting the good end of the deal. If she loses, they both lose everything, and she had offered herself to the game to SAVE her marriage. What does that tells you? NOT 'your best interest at work' here.
But of course, the end of that marriage would be your idea of happiness so better to stop here
"Dragon intercepted with her own followers". She messed with their free will too.
And as far as I can tell, Pete was very kind with Grape when he was aiming for her. Of course he never got to tell her about what she was supposed to do because Dragon interfered but at least he didn't tricked her.

And for the last time, you are too paranoid about the whole thing. You're the only one thinking that King and Bailey will never be together.
How many times Rick has said that there's always a happy ending? He even had to put it in Pete's mouth: "No matter what, mortals always get their happily ever after". But that still is not enough for you.
If I don't give it much importance is because I trust in his words. I don't have to go crazy because I know there will be a happy ending. All I ask is a bit of drama. I want uncertainty, tension, action, not a sad ending. But it appears I'm asking too much. At least I hope this is the last time we'll see King in this kind of situations. It's a shame that people don't appreciate his potential for drama.
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

*slaps self*
I see your error. Sorry, had completely misread you. My bad.
You assume that Pete is being a good fella, perhaps somehow misunderstood. Okay. A bit on the capricious side, but a good guy.
Well, I can only hope you're right. because he did SOME good job of showing himself a complete *bleep*.
Have a good night!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gren wrote:Pete needed an avatar fueled with discontent but at the same time he wanted to make him happier.
Where do you get that from? There's been no indication in the whole strip that Pete cares about any mortal's happiness. Kitsune, probably. Dragon, possibly. Pete? I don't buy it. And I don't think his Christmas homilies change that... he coldly build King's hopes up only to dash them.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
Argent wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:It still rather blows really that basically Kings corgi self is now, quite simply an elaborate illusion activated by that watch now.
You're assuming that it's an illusion and not an actual shape shift? Why?
Because shape shifting usually (but i suppose not mandatory) requires a transformation sequence where one becomes the other and back. Plus shape shifting is often an ability that the person posesses internally and can activate at whim. In Kings case he needs an exterior source to maintain the apperance of his corgi form. But then again thats just my perception of the situation. Plus its not explained whether hes a corgi on the inside or not.

Moon Cosmic Power
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

And this, everyone, is what I was talking about when I said we tend to get emotional.

But oddly, I started thinking, why bring only Daryl along? I think I recall Miles being head of security and alpha, was there no one else? Or did they expect things not to get TOO difficult to manage?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

D-Rock wrote:And this, everyone, is what I was talking about when I said we tend to get emotional.

But oddly, I started thinking, why bring only Daryl along? I think I recall Miles being head of security and alpha, was there no one else? Or did they expect things not to get TOO difficult to manage?
Or maybe they thought they were going to starve in the dessert and they brought Daryl... :shock: ...wait bad thought.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

If a Spot interlude is next, i'm gonna explode! It's to good now for any interludes!!!
Buy a goat today!
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

You will most likely get your wish. :roll:
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

You mean there will be no interlude, or there is probably gonna be an interlude? I'm definately expecting one to come sooner or later, just not now. :mrgreen:
Buy a goat today!
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

FoxRocks wrote:i'm gonna explode!
;) :arrow: Interlude or not. :arrow: :twisted:
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Let's all remain civil.
herobrineharry wrote:LOOK OUT! MATURE INTELLECTUAL DEBATE ON THE GOINGS ON OF A WEBCOMIC INCOMING!
This does not help. If you feel a post violates the forum rules, you may use the report button to bring it to our attention.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Dissension wrote:Let's all remain civil.
herobrineharry wrote:LOOK OUT! MATURE INTELLECTUAL DEBATE ON THE GOINGS ON OF A WEBCOMIC INCOMING!
This does not help. If you feel a post violates the forum rules, you may use the report button to bring it to our attention.
I think he was making fun of how seriously people are taking the current arc, posting comments that are very well thought out (mature), as opposed to the other meaning of mature (or he could have meant the opposite, meaning that they weren't being very mature). ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Dissension wrote:Let's all remain civil.
I think he was making fun of how seriously people are taking the current arc, posting comments that are very well thought out (mature), as opposed to the other meaning of mature (or he could have meant the opposite, meaning that they weren't being very mature). ;)
Like many great pieces of literature, the approaching conclusion of this saga brings about quite a diversity of interpretations. So many valid points have been exchanged with such fervor, reflecting upon years of complicated twists and turns.

Any who, I just want to say that what Pete and Dragon are doing is quite illegal. Just think about it, they are having cats/dogs fight one another in a ring. If only someone from the ASPCA was there to report this... Just a thought... I shall return to my stupor.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

RSPCA. They're in Australia.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm a bit delayed. I just realized that "desert" was spelled as "dessert" because of Daryl's suggestion of milkshakes.