HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote: "Scotty, cute name," Belisarius said.
Scotty smiles up at the wolf bashfully. "Thanks." he writes on his pad.
valerio wrote:"So you want to see our room?
Scotty nods eagerly.
valerio wrote:"Nifty. I will also show you our den in the woods," he added with a sly grin. "Val has turned into quite the outdoor doggie since we're together.
Scotty giggles in his perculiar silent manner.
valerio wrote:"Do you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend?"
Scotty shakes his head and shrugs nonchalantly. Then, wanting to confirm the wolf's identity, he writes another note on the pad.
"You're Belisarius, right? Val speaks very highly of you."

Down in the kitchen, Frances scoops the meatballs onto the plate, laughing at Walter.
"Oh, trust me. Scotty would tell you I've had worse than that coming out of the pot before! There. That's all of them. What's next?"

--------------------
"MN-wots now? I do magic fer fun. Dad an' I 'ave a bi' of an act, yer know. I'm da Grea' Christamundo!" Chris proudly professes, making a bunch of flowers appear in her paw seemingly from thin air.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

At that moment, the group entered the room.
Lucilla started sniffing at the air like a puppy exploring the world for the first time. "Ohh, it's almost empty. It's Cozy, and one bed at the center of the room, just like in a den, cute!" She went to the round mattress and inspected it. She then threw a smirk at her pack brother.
Elio went to the only chest of drawers and opened the first drawer top, eager to change subject. "Yes, Val is just starting getting out of his...introversion phase. The only one admitted in this place, before Belisarius that is, was Rikki. Ah, the ferret he works with at the police."
Lucilla liked her chops upon hearing that. "He keeps snax with him? How thoughtful."
Wolves. "Er, not in that sense. She's his best friend, so please you guys refrain from...appetizer comments." He went to Scotty and showed him a battery charger. "here you go, boy, this should work. Val never misses keeping me updated on these gizmos.

Hlaoroo wrote:Down in the kitchen, Frances scoops the meatballs onto the plate, laughing at Walter.
"Oh, trust me. Scotty would tell you I've had worse than that coming out of the pot before! There. That's all of them. What's next?"
Cinzia handed her a pot. "here. Lesson's not over. Fill it with water and put it on the fire.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please keep in mind the family-friendly nature of these forums.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Hlaoroo wrote:"MN-wots now? I do magic fer fun. Dad an' I 'ave a bi' of an act, yer know. I'm da Grea' Christamundo!" Chris proudly professes, making a bunch of flowers appear in her paw seemingly from thin air.
SuperStar wrote:"Well, I also use the Com and 3DS. So, do you do stuff like MMOs or RPs on the com?"
Star looked in awe at the flowers, "That's amazing! I mean is safe to assume humans have them up their sleeves, and you have no sleeves! Absolutely amazing!" He applauded the trick before turning to Blay, "I don't really play MMOs anymore, can't really find any good ones."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I usually read in my spare time." Matatabi told Star.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I spend most of my time making, helping, and texting with friends," Jess explained. "talking friends through problems comes naturally when your parents are a psychologist and a psychiatrist."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

After the song, Wiggins adjusted his bowtie and stood to his feet.
Nothing like a nice, simple song to serenade your guests with. Wiggins said. In my spare time, I practice piano... That is, when my parents aren't home. They still think I can't get past the basic version of "Linus and Lucy".
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

hypernovatic wrote:"I usually read in my spare time." Matatabi told Star.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I spend most of my time making, helping, and texting with friends," Jess explained. "talking friends through problems comes naturally when your parents are a psychologist and a psychiatrist."
MrNeonShot wrote:After the song, Wiggins adjusted his bowtie and stood to his feet.
Nothing like a nice, simple song to serenade your guests with. Wiggins said. In my spare time, I practice piano... That is, when my parents aren't home. They still think I can't get past the basic version of "Linus and Lucy".
Star gently tugged at his collar, hating the feeling of what seemed to be a thousand eyes on him, even if he knew it wasn't even a dozen. He turned to Matabi, "W-what's your favorite book or s-series, may I ask?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'd have to say my favorite series is Erin Hunter's Warriors series." Matatabi said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Fanks!" Chris enthuses, folding away the paper flowers when she thinks no one is looking.
"Dat wus really grea', Wiggins! May I ask why yer don' let yer owners know 'ow good yer are?"

--------------------
Scotty somehow manages to hide his revulsion at the overpowering smell of dog in the room and turns his attention instead to learning what he can about Val from looking around the room. Sadly he's disappointed. Other than the small collection of gadgets on the desk, nothing gives away anything about the room's occupant. Thinking that the window really needs to be opened in here sometimes, he nods gratefully at Elio before testing the plug in the jack of his tablet. He's pleased to discover it fits. Now he just needs to wait for the tablet to charge enough that it can boot up again...

Down in the kitchen, Frances does as she's asked.
"What are we going to do with this?" she queries, lugging the heavy pot over to the heat.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well... he thought for a moment. The only times I feel like its just us is when we have piano practice. If I show that I'm actually a really good pianist, that would turn into another gloating show. he said.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Maybe you should tell them that you want to spend more time alone with them," Jess suggested. "then you could let them know your practice has paid off."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well, my dad's campaign is going on right now, so I don't want to bother him. But, even if I told them, our practices would turn into full blown recitals. I'd much rather not have that attention. Wiggins explained.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty somehow manages to hide his revulsion at the overpowering smell of dog in the room and turns his attention instead to learning what he can about Val from looking around the room. Sadly he's disappointed. Other than the small collection of gadgets on the desk, nothing gives away anything about the room's occupant. Thinking that the window really needs to be opened in here sometimes, he nods gratefully at Elio before testing the plug in the jack of his tablet. He's pleased to discover it fits. Now he just needs to wait for the tablet to charge enough that it can boot up again...

Down in the kitchen, Frances does as she's asked.
"What are we going to do with this?" she queries, lugging the heavy pot over to the heat.
"Val promised he'd start hanging out at the next yard sale. I saved a lot of money so that he could buy himself something."

"Take this, too." Cinzia gave her a pack of salt. "When the water boils, add a fistful of salt. Throw in the spaghetti. Let the temperature steady until cooking time is done. Take the pot and empty it in the colander."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. A secret 'obby dat yer j'st do when yer 'ome alone. Soun's kinda shady, like yer a secret agent or somefin. Sendin' messages wiv da piana maybe." Chris jokes.

--------------------
The screen of Scotty's tablet blinks back to life. Once it boots itself up, Scotty opens his speaking program again.
"You're having a yard sale? When?" he asks Elio. Then, seeing as the wolf holding him hadn't answered his question, he asks again with his tablet.

In the kitchen, Frances follows Cinzia's instructions but realises that she hasn't been told one important thing.
"How do I know when it's ready? I'm guessing boiled dry, blackened, and stuck to the bottom of the pot is a little overdone..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins jumps back on the piano quickly and plays the "Dun dun dun duuuun" from The longest day for dramatic effect.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chris follows the rabbit to the piano and begins playing the base line from the theme from "Mission Impossible" with one paw. It's one of the few tunes she knows how to play, although she doesn't know anything beyond the simple, repeating base line.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:The screen of Scotty's tablet blinks back to life. Once it boots itself up, Scotty opens his speaking program again.
"You're having a yard sale? When?" he asks Elio. Then, seeing as the wolf holding him hadn't answered his question, he asks again with his tablet.
The wolf wagged his tail. "Yup. We met in the old chapel by the woods. it was love at first smell for me; in psite of himself, Valiant exhudes self-confidence, he'd make a good alpha. When did you met? I never heard about a cat on a wheelchair from him, and he always speaks about his work. His stories are so fascinating."

Hlaoroo wrote:In the kitchen, Frances follows Cinzia's instructions but realises that she hasn't been told one important thing.
"How do I know when it's ready? I'm guessing boiled dry, blackened, and stuck to the bottom of the pot is a little overdone..."
Cinzia pointed at a small number printed on the corner of the package. "That's the cooking time. And you have a watch. If you want to make sure the cooking's perfect, just deep-stir during cooking so that nothing gets glued to the bottom
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star giggles, walks over to the piano and plays a quick two note rendition of the opening to 'Jingle Bells.' He knew he wouldn't be able to play anything more complex and he felt like he didn't want to try something and fail.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins moves over so Chris can take the deeper notes while he takes the higher one.
As she plays the base tones, Wiggins fills in the rest of the song.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Wagging her tail, Chris keeps her baseline going, tapping her footpaw in time to the accompaniment from Wiggins. She has no idea how to end the song or change to accommodate the key changes or different movements on the song so she decides to wing it and watch for any signals from the rabbit.

--------------------
"We only met this morning." explains Scotty's tablet. "Frances and I have moved here and we were just arriving this morning when he and Walter pulled up in their squad car and took us to breakfast. He ran out in the middle of our meal though, which I'm lead to believe was your fault." Although the computer can't put the proper intonation into the sentence, Scotty lets the wolf know that he's teasing and that there're no hard feelings with a cheeky grin.

"That? How is anyone supposed to read that? Do they think we have a microscope handy or something?" jokes Frances, squinting at the small text before dropping a small handful of salt and the spaghetti into the now boiling water.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

((I actually don't know how to play, soo...))
Wiggins and Chris finish the song, and at the end, Wiggins presses one of the buttons on a box to the side that lets out a quiet scream.
And thats how you end the song. he said. You did a good job at keeping the beat! He said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh, he did," Belisarius grinned back...And that expression faded quickly. "I can only hope he'll be okay, what with this new crisis. Poor pandas, when will they find peace?"

"And now, while we wait, the most importiant instruction of them all: No matter how simple or difficult is the dish you make, *awlways* weigh your ingredients and have them handy in adequate containers before starting to cook: this way, every step will be smooth, and perfectly timed with the recipe. Oh, and have this, too." She gave Frances an egg-shaped timer. "These little friends are a cook's savior. Never can do without one.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay sat up a bit in the chair, and clapped. "Bravo bravo. Not bad at all." Blay said with a smile. "Maybe I'll go as far as to say "Go Go Bravo!"." He added, making a very obscure nerd joke, that no one in the room would ever get. But that didn't bug him.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star joined in with Blay's applause, smiling, "That was really good!"
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"I e-enjoyed it, too," Will added. "It was b-beautiful."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

SuperStar wrote:Blay sat up a bit in the chair, and clapped. "Bravo bravo. Not bad at all." Blay said with a smile. "Maybe I'll go as far as to say "Go Go Bravo!"." He added, making a very obscure nerd joke, that no one in the room would ever get. But that didn't bug him.
"Hey, was that a Bravoman reference?" Jess asked Blay.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay was a bit surprised by what Jess said. "You recognize Bravoman?" He asked in awe.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Yeah," she answered. "I spend a lot of my time online because of all my long distance friends. One of them showed shiftylook to me."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins got off of the piano and stood around the other pets.
Is there anything you guys wanna do? Wiggins asked.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

MrNeonShot wrote:Wiggins got off of the piano and stood around the other pets.
Is there anything you guys wanna do? Wiggins asked.
Star tapped his chin before placing his head against the chair armrest and sighing, "The best thing I can think of is eye spy."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Or hide and seek! Just don't go in my parents room, first door at the top of the stairs. Wiggins suggested.
Winni stayed by the door. Despite there being no guards around, she still felt odd. So, she contributed.
Are you sure someone my size could hide?
Sure! There are a quite few places to hide! Wiggins replied.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star lifts his arm into the air, "Well, it sounds like a plan. Hide and seek has my vote."
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"I'd rather stay in this chair, but I guess I could coup with Hide'n'Seak." Blay said, trying to look happy.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He's sensible." types Scotty. "As to the pandas... With your pack and Val around, I'm sure their peace can't be far off."

"Thanks. That's a great tip!" Frances stirs the spaghetti briefly before setting the timer according to the packet and placing it on the counter where she can watch it and stir at the same time.

--------------------
"Fanks!" Chris' tail wags faster as Wiggins compliments her. She considers the proposed game.
"I s'pose we'll 'ave t' make da rule o' no sniffin' fer people, right? 'Coz dat makes i' too easy, innit?" she queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, probably a good idea. Wiggins replied.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I'm sure he'll be fine. He's sensible." types Scotty. "As to the pandas... With your pack and Val around, I'm sure their peace can't be far off."
"That is exactly our packleader's plan," Belisarius said.
It was an eerie scene, in the living room: 11 full-grown wolves just staying there, sitting on the pavements, the seats, the couch, taking care of leaving some room for the homeowners, not speaking a word, just waiting orderly.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks. That's a great tip!" Frances stirs the spaghetti briefly before setting the timer according to the packet and placing it on the counter where she can watch it and stir at the same time.
"very good. When you're done, we'll bake some bread slice. I hope our guests like crunchy slices like our Val. See that temperature rotating dial? Set it to 180, dear. It's in Celsius."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star sat up in his seat, "Um, might we lay out all the rules? Because some people play differently than others, mainly, do those who are found join in on the hunt and similar kind of things..." He said, tapping his fingers together nervously, "I just don't want to mess the game up by doing something wrong."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, that sounds like the rules! Wiggins replied.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Awlrigh'. 'Oos gonna count first?"

--------------------
"Oh? That's very kind of you... So... you're not the alpha then?"

"Cool! I always wondered how to bake my own bread." enthuses Frances setting the dial and wondering why it's not in Fahrenheit like any sensible American would use.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh? That's very kind of you... So... you're not the alpha then?"
"Oh, I am an equal to Valiant in our own relationship, just like Titus and Octavianus there," he pointed at 'scarred arm' and 'dobie fur'. "But, as part of the Palatinium pack, no, we are surely not alphas."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Cool! I always wondered how to bake my own bread." enthuses Frances setting the dial and wondering why it's not in Fahrenheit like any sensible American would use.
Cinzia shook her head, making a clicking sound of disapproval with her tongue. "My bad, dear. I used the wrong word: I meant 'toast'. Baking bread will come another time. Here." She handed her a big loaf of Neapolitan bread and then a long knife. Cut it all, in slices no thicker than the height of your finger, then put them in the oven. After that, I'll teach you how to reuse the meatballs you've broken."