2014/07/18 - Whale I'll Be

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Goforit
Weather Wizard

2014/07/18 - Whale I'll Be

Post by Goforit »

[ Wahle I'll Be! ]

Title Text: "No, the power was inside YOU all along!" "That's the same thing I said but with a different inflection." "No, that's the same thing I said but with a DIFFERENT inflection!"

I wonder if heavenly sleep still gives you a sore neck if you were supposedly in a seated position the whole time...
Ask me about the weather.

Avatar by the amazing cartoonist Hukley!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: 2014/07/18 - Whale I'll Be

Post by SeanWolf »

:shock: Did...Rick...just do..what I think...he did? :shock:
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm gonna take a guess here based on what Bahamut said in the first panel. King is going to end up punishing both of them, likely somehow causing both of them to lose the game and become mortal. This most likely (as far as I can see anyway) has to do with the watch.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

No!

No! No! No! No!

No!

NO
Just an Arc
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Oh for Pe...ggrrrr....whatevers sake! More of this "Wake up" carp!

So Baileys still gone and who knows if Fox woke up too.

So now we wait through another Spot interlude i take it.

Whatever the thing Kings supposed to know hope he realises it soon. Hes got the watch back tho.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

You know what ? Im cool with what just happened ... even though I have no idea what just happened
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

*after Bailey's return*
King: It's great that you're back. I hope you weren't hurt.
Bailey: No it wasn't too bad. By the way, do you know where Fox is?
King: (internal monologue) Oh my dog, I left him in Heaven!
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

:shock: um... This is kind of bitter-sweet. King is King again, but Bailey is still gone. AND WHERE IS FOX?!?!
Also, by 'to be continued' does that mean we are going to have a PART 3?!?! And maybe another guest week, that would be cool. ;)
Last edited by Miles the Wolf on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Come on, King. Take a wild guess. XD

Edit: Wait... "To be continued?" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo okay... =(
Last edited by Ryusuta on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Samurai Jack wrote:So the question then is not where am, but when I am.
Pretty much the same here, only back to the past instead of...you know...
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Right lets look at the facts. Its clear that The reason for Kings audience with Bahamut was two fold. 1. To remined him that before he can go demanding things he needs to realise his own mistakes and 2. To inform him that he has the potential himself to undo basically what has happened having the ability to chance the flw of history which may suggest time travel.

And as for one last gift, it could be the watch or him still being a corgi or both. Either way whatever hes supposed to be able to do he better get to it!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

So, we're back to King. I still feel it would be neat for him to be Joel for resolving this. I see that Bahamut is going to let King forge his path himself. Now I'm wondering a new question; is he still taller?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

So wait.....so is king waking at the point in time where Pete woke him up as human? So is Fox gonna walk in and ask Where Bailey is?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

There's a power coming from deep inside of you
as you reach up, striving towards the light.
The strength to turn back time is yours, King,
the question is – Do you have the might?
What is the power that's held by the loop
that's taken the place of your beloved?
And what is the strength of the Corgi,
the body in which you've rightly been shoved?
Is Fox still up there, dating in heaven,
or have you split him from his green friend?
Is he still having the time of his life
or, like all contentment, did it end?
We're not going to get the answers we seek.
At least... not next week.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
TendoTwo

Post by TendoTwo »

King/Joel sure seems to be getting a lot of gifts and help from all these cosmic beings, isn't he?

Well, since everyone else is voicing their best guesses on what this latest "gift" is, I figure no harm in tossing in my two cents:

Considering how much he has been changing between being a human and corgi recently, and his confusion at waking up as a corgi again, I am wondering if they allowed him to change between the two at will considering the whole issue with him being caught between two worlds over it.

Though I admit if that is true, it feels like King/Joel is getting a few too many Deus Ex Machinas in his favor, at that point he is literally just having gods fixing his problems for him when they arise.

Course.... we could all be seriously over-thinking it and the "gift" is just something as simple as "We will let you be a corgi again without Pete so you can remain with your wife" (I assume he gave up on wanting to be human again when he married Bailey). After all, one of the gifts was simply waking up in the wolves house and living there when Pete was forced to leave as his owner.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Okay, it's official: Peanut Butter Sandwich is controlling King's life!

But seriously
Case 1: Time was sent spinning backward BEFORE King and Bailey met, so that now King can somehow "Divert History" and prepare for what'll be coming.
Case 2: Time was sent spinning backward until moments before Pete appears and King can change history and take Bailey's place.
Case 3: He's been given back his Fate so that he can stay a Corgi and stay so Pete or not Pete until Bailey is set free.
Case 3: I am going to stuff myself with aspirin because this stuff is getting more complicated than LOST. And I HATED that show :twisted:
VolkOseba

Post by VolkOseba »

D-Rock wrote:I'm wondering a new question; is he still taller?
I was wondering the same thing...
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

ConvoyWolf wrote:Right lets look at the facts. Its clear that The reason for Kings audience with Bahamut was two fold. 1. To remined him that before he can go demanding things he needs to realise his own mistakes and 2. To inform him that he has the potential himself to undo basically what has happened having the ability to chance the flw of history which may suggest time travel.

And as for one last gift, it could be the watch or him still being a corgi or both. Either way whatever hes supposed to be able to do he better get to it!
Well, it was apparently both. But to me it seemed like a waist of time to bring King and Fox to heaven just so that Bahamut could pull a Wizard of Oz ending and say "you've always had the power in you". And were the heck is Fox?!
Also I saw the Miles car: SOO COOL!
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Miles the Wolf wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:Right lets look at the facts. Its clear that The reason for Kings audience with Bahamut was two fold. 1. To remined him that before he can go demanding things he needs to realise his own mistakes and 2. To inform him that he has the potential himself to undo basically what has happened having the ability to chance the flw of history which may suggest time travel.

Well, it was apparently both. But to me it seemed like a waist of time to bring King and Fox to heaven just so that Bahamut could pull a Wizard of Oz ending and say "you've always had the power in you". And were the heck is Fox?!
Also I saw the Miles car: SOO COOL!
Believe me im shaking from confusion. And glad ya like the car!

But looking at the empty pillow i see a noticible dent where a head would have been so im guessing this is just after Pete took Bailey
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

D-Rock wrote:Now I'm wondering a new question; is he still taller?
The ultimate question of what's going on...
is not where he his, or who has gone.
The question here to face, my friend,
Is this back to the beginning,
Or the beginning of the end?

All the world's a stage,
And our cast merely players.
Outside we have the shippers,
And, of course, the Bino haters.
And though the sun may be setting dark
on our beloved cast,
Time is fickle and bended be,
For the future's now the past(?)

My two cents on when King was sent is that it must/should be after his wedding, considering that his wedding ring is on his finger. (Toe?)
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
TheCactipus

Post by TheCactipus »

Funny, I ask myself the same thing every morning...
Gbr23 wrote:You know what ? Im cool with what just happened ... even though I have no idea what just happened
This is my feeling about most everything that ever happens in anything ever
"Votes for women, step in time!"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:Okay, it's official: Peanut Butter Sandwich is controlling King's life!

But seriously
Case 1: Time was sent spinning backward BEFORE King and Bailey met, so that now King can somehow "Divert History" and prepare for what'll be coming.
Case 2: Time was sent spinning backward until moments before Pete appears and King can change history and take Bailey's place.
Case 3: He's been given back his Fate so that he can stay a Corgi and stay so Pete or not Pete until Bailey is set free.
Case 3: I am going to stuff myself with aspirin because this stuff is getting more complicated than LOST. And I HATED that show :twisted:
I don't think that Time Travel has been involved yet, given what Rick said about time not being wasted in heaven on earth he has likely been gone maybe a day or so; maybe a bit longer. I think he might be able to go to the duel and somehow (maybe time travel when he messes up or something?) beat both Pete and Dragon winning as a Third Party therefore causing both of the Nerds to lose and become mortals.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

IceKitsune wrote:
valerio wrote:Okay, it's official: Peanut Butter Sandwich is controlling King's life!

But seriously
I don't think that Time Travel has been involved yet, given what Rick said about time not being wasted in heaven on earth he has likely been gone maybe a day or so; maybe a bit longer. I think he might be able to go to the duel and somehow (maybe time travel when he messes up or something?) beat both Pete and Dragon winning as a Third Party therefore causing both of the Nerds to lose and become mortals.

I approve of your theory!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

King, you cant hide-what's inside, and you know that deep down that you indeed... are a Corgi. You have Corgi powers King, AND THOSE ARE THE MOST POWERFUL POWERS OF ALL TIME!!! NOW GO AND FIGHT FOR YOUR LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

... oh... to be continued... well, it's okay guys! We where able to wait a whole mini arc, what's another one right! Where a civilized people! Heheh... heh.........................

ImageImageImageImage
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:King, you cant hide-what's inside, and you know that deep down that you indeed... are a Corgi. You have Corgi powers King, AND THOSE ARE THE MOST POWERFUL POWERS OF ALL TIME!!! NOW GO AND FIGHT FOR YOUR LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

... oh... to be continued... well, it's okay guys! We where able to wait a whole mini arc, what's another one right! Where a civilized people! Heheh... heh.........................

This!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Confused? Check!
Sad? Check!
Scared? NO!
Because this is a gift straight from BAHAMUT's mouth! I wouldn't trust a gift from any of the cosmic nerds even if it came with the most failsafe legal paper one could imagine.
But this is the chance King was been given from the higher judge, this is the crossroad King must pass to save Bailey, his marriage, their future! This time it's GENUINE!
And for that I am, for once in this rollecoaster arc, grateful!
valerio

Post by valerio »

And, most important of all, King has touched the bottom, Pete has thrown at him everything he could and King is still here, ready to fight for his love and his destiny, and in full acceptance of his own feelings.
From now on, watch out Petey-birdy! You're in for one naaaasty surprise! :evil:
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

valerio wrote:And, most important of all, King has touched the bottom, Pete has thrown at him everything he could and King is still here, ready to fight for his love and his destiny, and in full acceptance of his own feelings.
From now on, watch out Petey-birdy! You're in for one naaaasty surprise! :evil:
I hope your right Val.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Xane wrote:I don't disagree with your assessment but I think the only thing genuine about Bahamut, or any of the celestial beings, is that they're genuinely nuttier than forty fruitcakes.

Yes, all of them.

(and that's terrible).
Well, look at it from this angle: This makes for Paradise a lively place with occasion for romance, and happiness in its most various, adventurous shades, rather than some dull glee club praising all day. Plus, it comes with a wider range of forgiveness. so all in all I love how Bahamut's nutty :P
CityRedFox

Post by CityRedFox »

Since he had his collar on when he woke up, I suppose the haven stuff did take place, no time rewind.

The "inflection" in alt text kind of bother me. Is it a "hint" or I just misunderstanding something?
kernymi

Post by kernymi »

I could possibly tell things wouldn't go well with King.

Oh well, what's a corgi to do.
Roll the dice for readiness.
"1"
You've fainted.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

So that whale had Cerberus get the watch (Which was King's fate) just so he could give it back to him??
Nope!!
I think I got it, Bahamut gave King a watch that looks like his fate so King could find Pete make a deal to trade his wife back for the "watch" (tricking him), and getting his life back the way he had it before minus the Pete issue.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

While I'd be just as mad as the rest of you guys about it being "To Be Continued", I'm okay with it because I feel even Rick needs a break from the whole heaven and deity for a while. Maybe there's a Spot interlude or a couple of one-offs, but maybe even a catch up with Peanut and Grape. :D

Also for those who are theorizing that King has been taken back in time (probably before King and Bailey met/got married), note that King is still wearing his wedding ring. ;)
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

Acritic2 wrote:So that whale had Cerberus get the watch (Which was King's fate) just so he could give it back to him??
Nope!!
I think I got it, Bahamut gave King a watch that looks like his fate so King could find Pete make a deal to trade his wife back for the "watch" (tricking him), and getting his life back the way he had it before minus the Pete issue.
:shock: Wow, I hope that's how it goes. Great theory though.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

gamepopper wrote:While I'd be just as mad as the rest of you guys about it being "To Be Continued", I'm okay with it because I feel even Rick needs a break from the whole heaven and deity for a while. Maybe there's a Spot interlude or a couple of one-offs, but maybe even a catch up with Peanut and Grape. :D
I agree,
It's been maybe three arcs here and I already miss Peanut's humor, Res I miss even more though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Acritic2 wrote:So that whale had Cerberus get the watch (Which was King's fate) just so he could give it back to him??
Nope!!
That's a new watch/loop thing. It is, in no way, a golden pocket watch like King had before.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Nope!!
Thinking on it with a cooler mind...I just realized that perhaps the watch/fate King is holding may be BAILEY'S
King is back as a corgi because he has fully accepted his fate and life as dog. In fact, he thinks that staying a human would be more of a punishment. So now pete cannot transform the corgi back into ape unless opnely performing an unallowed whim -and insofar, Pete has always lawyered his way into the game, that much must be handed to him.
And if King now holds Bailey's fate in his paws, it means that Bailey is no longer forced to obey Pete and put her life in danger!
And King HAS the right to hold Bailey's fate, as they're husband and wife in front of the heavens. They are one and all King must do now is make it 100% real AND DO HIS PART AS THIRD PLAYER! GO CORGI POWER!
villa

Post by villa »

when i saw the to be continued i died a little
but now to wait... or sit here worrying about a certain web-comic character.
why must i only connect to things that are fictional?!
but for now time to wait/worry in the shadows speculating about things.
i strive to put more happiness into the world then i took out of it
and hope others strive to do the same.

to the speculation mobile initiate the wild mass contingency!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

"So...does this make me a Watchd- - -"

"We already did that joke back in series one, Beloved"
kuisbright

Post by kuisbright »

So Bahamut implies that King has some sort of special power,
and now he sent him back in time so he could change his own future?