2014/07/09 - So It's More of a Ceasefire

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Argent

Re: 2014/07/09 - So It's More of a Ceasefire

Post by Argent »

IceKitsune wrote:Wait, so why didn't he just bring King along anyway? If it was because the spell would expire then he could have extended it, its his spell after all. King would have clearly agreed to help out since, you know its his wife in trouble. I don't see why he couldn't have agreed after the fight started what difference would it make at that point, heck Pete could have explained before the match started and Bailey signed the contract, or while she was signing it or when she was transforming, or when they were saying good bye to each other. I think its pretty clear Pete is terrible at this game and planing in general.
I think Pete's just not very good at this game.

Remember, they're playing the version Dragon demanded. He just missed the bit about the relief. And he's clearly more interested in pranking the NPCs than winning.
GameCobra wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Keene should be their relief
If he ends up being the relief, I have a hunch it won't just be him. Go Go Milton Ferrets.
valerio wrote:I just HOPE that the powers-to-be give King the green light AND the power to go help Bailey and KICK TAIL!
This needs to happen!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

valerio wrote:King is a third party or even an enemy player. So far, Sabrina's 'plan' is not help King relax while Bailey is suffering, rather a way for Dragon to have King away without Dragon trying to intervene directly in this as per rules.
I just HOPE that the powers-to-be give King the green light AND the power to go help Bailey and KICK TAIL!
Eh, why i it that people want Bailey to win this? I mean, that's the same as cheering for Pete. I mean sure Bailey isn't an atagonist, but at this point she is cause she's working for Pete.
Argent

Post by Argent »

It's probably because Tarot's a bit of a jerk.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Argent wrote:It's probably because Tarot's a bit of a jerk.
Plus, she works for a cosmic stalker. Creepy.
Also, if Bailey wins she can save her marriage with King, so YES I must indirectly root for the top jerk in that game, but not because of his hunk factor
Argent

Post by Argent »

The ideal solution would be for King to make some kind of deal with the court that ends up with both Dragon and Pete losing.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

SuperStar wrote:
valerio wrote:King is a third party or even an enemy player. So far, Sabrina's 'plan' is not help King relax while Bailey is suffering, rather a way for Dragon to have King away without Dragon trying to intervene directly in this as per rules.
I just HOPE that the powers-to-be give King the green light AND the power to go help Bailey and KICK TAIL!
Eh, why i it that people want Bailey to win this? I mean, that's the same as cheering for Pete. I mean sure Bailey isn't an atagonist, but at this point she is cause she's working for Pete.
I don't think people got a clear grasp of how freaking evil Tarot, Dragon, and Sabrina are in this comic. I sure haven't realized it until about now. Looking back... yeah, they're massive jerks, too. Not forgiving anything Pete's done, but... yeah, it's kind of surprising how nasty Team Dragon have been...

King and Bailey really seem to be the only ones that have ANY form of scruples here... I suppose that's by design, but... GEEZ. A SUCKER PUNCH!? Okay, I know I'm dwelling, but really what WAS that!?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Ryusuta wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
I don't think people got a clear grasp of how freaking evil Tarot, Dragon, and Sabrina are in this comic. I sure haven't realized it until about now. Looking back... yeah, they're massive jerks, too. Not forgiving anything Pete's done, but... yeah, it's kind of surprising how nasty Team Dragon have been...

King and Bailey really seem to be the only ones that have ANY form of scruples here... I suppose that's by design, but... GEEZ. A SUCKER PUNCH!? Okay, I know I'm dwelling, but really what WAS that!?
Tarot, Sabrina, and Dragon have been jerka, but not nearly as jerky as Pete. And a sucker punch ain't anything yo get upset over, Bailey is the enemy.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Argent wrote:The ideal solution would be for King to make some kind of deal with the court that ends up with both Dragon and Pete losing.
That would be so awesome! 8-)
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

I like this.. since its a rp I guess the goal is to reduce the opposing avatars hp to zero? Even then I think Sabrina is going to kill Bailey through exhaustion.

What happens to Avatars that lose?o.o
Turkledurk

Post by Turkledurk »

SuperStar wrote:Tarot, Sabrina, and Dragon have been jerka, but not nearly as jerky as Pete. And a sucker punch ain't anything yo get upset over, Bailey is the enemy.
mmmmmmmmmmm I'm starting to see both sides here. I'm rooting for the "No one wins" idea...
Attachments
1310581525531.jpg
1310581525531.jpg (2.36 KiB) Viewed 8023 times
Cincinnati Tradition Contrabass 2014
"Hey guys look at the" *(insert what everyone is already looking at here)*!!!
valerio

Post by valerio »

RokukeShiba wrote:I like this.. since its a rp I guess the goal is to reduce the opposing avatars hp to zero? Even then I think Sabrina is going to kill Bailey through exhaustion.

Bino has been tested on Bailey's full fury. And she was NOT superpowered.
AND she has still not unleashed her full potential.
Sabrina and Tarot are in for one nasty surprise, oboy. *gets popcorn*
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Turkledurk wrote:mmmmmmmmmmm I'm starting to see both sides here. I'm rooting for the "No one wins" idea...
Gah! What is that attachment? the "Kappa in 40 years" picture?
Turkledurk

Post by Turkledurk »

Ryusuta wrote:
Turkledurk wrote:mmmmmmmmmmm I'm starting to see both sides here. I'm rooting for the "No one wins" idea...
Gah! What is that attachment? the "Kappa in 40 years" picture?
It's my "skeptical face" XD, and here's how today's comic made me feel this morning....
Attachments
tumblr_m1482mfFwP1r9t0eso1_500.jpg
tumblr_m1482mfFwP1r9t0eso1_500.jpg (15.38 KiB) Viewed 8022 times
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

That's a real dynamic entry by Sabrina :lol:
A witch called Sabrina. Nice ref Rick, nice ref ;)
To be honest I can't really be mad with Tarot and Sabrina.
I had a thought, maybe Tarot is texting with someone in heaven and arranges everything for King, so he can rescue Bailey.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Turkledurk wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Tarot, Sabrina, and Dragon have been jerka, but not nearly as jerky as Pete. And a sucker punch ain't anything yo get upset over, Bailey is the enemy.
mmmmmmmmmmm I'm starting to see both sides here. I'm rooting for the "No one wins" idea...
Hmmm... both Dragon and Pete become siblings in Bailey's first litter? That would be quite the family...
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Turkledurk

Post by Turkledurk »

TheOne wrote:Hmmm... both Dragon and Pete become siblings in Bailey's first litter? That would be quite the family...
get ready King! for a.....
Attachments
350x700px-LL-ea4fc166_maximum-over-rustle-jimmies-shaking-13537619370.gif
350x700px-LL-ea4fc166_maximum-over-rustle-jimmies-shaking-13537619370.gif (158.41 KiB) Viewed 8018 times
TendoTwo

Post by TendoTwo »

Huh, and here I thought the celestial game was an RPG... but now I see that it is more of a tag-team fighter :P
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Crimson wrote:Though Pete once did want grape as an avatar. Perhaps Grape will be involved? Then again that could lead to the whole cast fighting in this or a new arc where Peanut needs to choose between Grape an Tarot..or I am really just rambling.
Point is Grape could be, I just need to find that comic where we see the character sheet and grapes name is crossed out.
Sorry, no. Grape's name was scratched out because Pete could not use her as an avatar, leading to all this business with King and Bailey. Dragon's been training avatars for 9,000 years; it just so happens the duel started when she had both a master and apprentice handy to use. Pete does not have a second avatar. He barely got Bailey before Dragon took notice.
RokukeShiba wrote:I like this.. since its a rp I guess the goal is to reduce the opposing avatars hp to zero? Even then I think Sabrina is going to kill Bailey through exhaustion.

Do you recall the strip in which Pete fawned over, then mourned, his human avatar from another game? We don't know what the ruleset is for this particular version of U&U, or what (if any) limits have been put in place for this match, but we do know avatars die like anyone else.
SuperStar wrote:Eh, why i it that people want Bailey to win this? I mean, that's the same as cheering for Pete. I mean sure Bailey isn't an atagonist, but at this point she is cause she's working for Pete.
Some of us want Pete to win. :3

Let's not forget that, while this is a game, it's not just a game; it's training to work together against the evil in the universe. This side-quest for group leadership isn't the entire thing, nor even close.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

diss & shun wrote:
Let's not forget that, while this is a game, it's not just a game; it's training to work together against the evil in the universe. This side-quest for group leadership isn't the entire thing, nor even close.
Wait does it mean there is a big evil and the three demigods prepare to face it? :shock:
Argent

Post by Argent »

diss & shun wrote:Let's not forget that, while this is a game, it's not just a game; it's training to work together against the evil in the universe. This side-quest for group leadership isn't the entire thing, nor even close.
"Training to work together against the evil in the universe"? Where did that come from? Secret Word of Rick? According to the previous strips it's to determine who gets to lead their gaming group in another game in another universe.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

ConvoyWolf wrote:What the heck Sabrina?! I just made a frickin car for you and you do THAT?!

So really its one against two! Great! And as its all girl action im sure Pete and GK are likin this.

I am not a 100% sure about that. Remember when Pete and Great Kitsune taunted Spirit Dragon for having an interest for a "low-order being"? (https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... thing-but/)
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Turkledurk

Post by Turkledurk »

diss & shun wrote: Do you recall the strip in which Pete fawned over, then mourned, his human avatar from another game? We don't know what the ruleset is for this particular version of U&U, or what (if any) limits have been put in place for this match, but we do know avatars die like anyone else.
mmmuuuuuhhhh?
Attachments
scurred.gif
scurred.gif (51.74 KiB) Viewed 8004 times
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Argent wrote:
diss & shun wrote:Let's not forget that, while this is a game, it's not just a game; it's training to work together against the evil in the universe. This side-quest for group leadership isn't the entire thing, nor even close.
"Training to work together against the evil in the universe"? Where did that come from? Secret Word of Rick? According to the previous strips it's to determine who gets to lead their gaming group in another game in another universe.
They normally fight archdemons and I'm sure that's not the only reference to the greater purpose of the game, it's just the first that came to mind.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

SergeiTheFox wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:What the heck Sabrina?! I just made a frickin car for you and you do THAT?!

So really its one against two! Great! And as its all girl action im sure Pete and GK are likin this.

I am not a 100% sure about that. Remember when Pete and Great Kitsune taunted Spirit Dragon for having an interest for a "low-order being"? (https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... thing-but/)
I dun really get where your goin with this....sorry.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm surprised no one has done a Captain Falcon reference for Sabrina.
HundKatzeMaus wrote:
diss & shun wrote:
Wait does it mean there is a big evil and the three demigods prepare to face it? :shock:
That's what I wanna know too.
Argent

Post by Argent »

dissension wrote:They normally fight archdemons and I'm sure that's not the only reference to the greater purpose of the game, it's just the first that came to mind.
Is that because the purpose of the game is "fighting evil" or "demons make convenient Big Bad NPCs" so universes with demons in them are more fun? I didn't get the impression that there was any higher purpose to the game.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Ok, look i love Bailey with all my heart like alot of my fellow forum mates, but i also have soft spots for Sabrina and Tarot. You can go ahead if you want and say "Oh Tarot and Sab are terrible and i hope they lose" believe me ive heard more detailed versions of WORSE fates for them from one or two people. But what seems to be the forgotten part of this whole deal is this.

Sabrina...Tarot....and Bailey....have.....no.....CHOICE!

You gotta realize that they are in just as much of a bad situation as Bailey. At this moment the three of them are enemies, opposing sides in a duel, so honestly this flying kick of Sabrina's really should come as no surprise. Its no different than playing a brawler game like Street fighter or Super Smash Brothers. In this cast Bailey is Mario and Tarot and Sabrina are i guess Bowser and Pikachu. Of course the main difference between SSB and this game is that the characters or avatars are real sentient beings. Nevertheless they are nothing more than in-game representations of the dragon and gryphon ho are using them to fight in this game, a position they pretty much signed up for willingly whatever the reason. Whenever the player makes an input, the character complies, as evident by their changing eye color, so chances are that Sabrina is not exactly in full control of herself. I will say that its a bit of an unfair advantage against Bailey as not only is Dragon and thus Tarot and Sabrina more experienced but also the fact that Bailey has no relief partner. Top that off with Pete's apparent lack of skill in the game and it is clearly a one sided battle.

Believe me if they had a say in the matter, none of them would be fighting and they'd be back home snuggling with their boyfriends and husband i so guarantee. Unfortunately, here, that right to choice has been stripped upon signing the contract. Its either defeat or be defeated, kill or be killed. Its that simple. And the sad fact is that they all have pretty much accepted that fact and thus, as they each have something to fight for, they are either willing to, or more likely have no choice BUT to sacrifice whatever friendship they may have had (they sure didnt hate eachother) back in Babylon Gardens in order to survive and return home. It would be no different if it was Peanut Vs Grape or whatever. And before many of you say "Oh well Sab and Tarot dont know what its like to suffer like Bailey is" i say....really?

How bout the fact that Sabrina and Fido had to live a complete lie in front of their friends for years before they finally were able to be a couple in peace. And just when things were getting peachy she is whisked away to do battle leaving Fido alone at home worrying and waiting for her to return. Just because he isnt up in Heaven with King and Fox doesnt make his and Sabrina's relationship any less suffering. As far as Tarot goes i honestly cant really speak for her as i still cant figure her out but i honestly believe she loves Peanut and would do anything to return home to him too. Honestly, i see the big picture here and just because King and Bailey are the central couple in this arc doesn't mean that Peanut and Fido should have to suffer losing the ones they love just because two roleplaying nerds cant agree on how to play a stupid game.

Now please dont take this as a judgement on how you all view whats happening. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But seriously everyone needs to take a step back, take a deep breath and look at the situation from different angles. I noticed this a few strips ago when Bailey was first whisked away and everyone and their mother believed the outcome would be King and Bailey as humans and stuff. Honestly, im hoping that King manages to get to this battle in time to somehow stop it and save ALL THREE of the girls and bring them home safe. I see no reason for any of them to perish at all. If it so happens that one is lost, i would of course be saddened and what not but id accept it as Ricks decision. And honestly it would be really nice if the man who supplies us with this epic comic could be a part of this conversation but considering that all the drama from this particular arc as all but scared him off, were left to do nothing but speculate.

Anyways ill end this here. It wasent easy to write but i had to get this off my chest. I apologize if i offend anyone, and im sure its clear in some cases that i don't really have the grasp of the game mechanics or goals or whatever but hey this is a discussion thread after all.

~ConvoyWolf
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

ConvoyWolf wrote:Ok, look i love Bailey with all my heart like alot of my fellow forum mates, but i also have soft spots for Sabrina and Tarot. You can go ahead if you want and say "Oh Tarot and Sab are terrible and i hope they lose" believe me ive heard more detailed versions of WORSE fates for them from one or two people. But what seems to be the forgotten part of this whole deal is this.

Sabrina...Tarot....and Bailey....have.....no.....CHOICE!

You gotta realize that they are in just as much of a bad situation as Bailey. At this moment the three of them are enemies, opposing sides in a duel, so honestly this flying kick of Sabrina's really should come as no surprise. Its no different than playing a brawler game like Street fighter or Super Smash Brothers. In this cast Bailey is Mario and Tarot and Sabrina are i guess Bowser and Pikachu. Of course the main difference between SSB and this game is that the characters or avatars are real sentient beings. Nevertheless they are nothing more than in-game representations of the dragon and gryphon ho are using them to fight in this game, a position they pretty much signed up for willingly whatever the reason. Whenever the player makes an input, the character complies, as evident by their changing eye color, so chances are that Sabrina is not exactly in full control of herself. I will say that its a bit of an unfair advantage against Bailey as not only is Dragon and thus Tarot and Sabrina more experienced but also the fact that Bailey has no relief partner. Top that off with Pete's apparent lack of skill in the game and it is clearly a one sided battle.

Believe me if they had a say in the matter, none of them would be fighting and they'd be back home snuggling with their boyfriends and husband i so guarantee. Unfortunately, here, that right to choice has been stripped upon signing the contract. Its either defeat or be defeated, kill or be killed. Its that simple. And the sad fact is that they all have pretty much accepted that fact and thus, as they each have something to fight for, they are either willing to, or more likely have no choice BUT to sacrifice whatever friendship they may have had (they sure didnt hate eachother) back in Babylon Gardens in order to survive and return home. It would be no different if it was Peanut Vs Grape or whatever. And before many of you say "Oh well Sab and Tarot dont know what its like to suffer like Bailey is" i say....really?

How bout the fact that Sabrina and Fido had to live a complete lie in front of their friends for years before they finally were able to be a couple in peace. And just when things were getting peachy she is whisked away to do battle leaving Fido alone at home worrying and waiting for her to return. Just because he isnt up in Heaven with King and Fox doesnt make his and Sabrina's relationship any less suffering. As far as Tarot goes i honestly cant really speak for her as i still cant figure her out but i honestly believe she loves Peanut and would do anything to return home to him too. Honestly, i see the big picture here and just because King and Bailey are the central couple in this arc doesn't mean that Peanut and Fido should have to suffer losing the ones they love just because two roleplaying nerds cant agree on how to play a stupid game.

Now please dont take this as a judgement on how you all view whats happening. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But seriously everyone needs to take a step back, take a deep breath and look at the situation from different angles. I noticed this a few strips ago when Bailey was first whisked away and everyone and their mother believed the outcome would be King and Bailey as humans and stuff. Honestly, im hoping that King manages to get to this battle in time to somehow stop it and save ALL THREE of the girls and bring them home safe. I see no reason for any of them to perish at all. If it so happens that one is lost, i would of course be saddened and what not but id accept it as Ricks decision. And honestly it would be really nice if the man who supplies us with this epic comic could be a part of this conversation but considering that all the drama from this particular arc as all but scared him off, were left to do nothing but speculate.

Anyways ill end this here. It wasent easy to write but i had to get this off my chest. I apologize if i offend anyone, and im sure its clear in some cases that i don't really have the grasp of the game mechanics or goals or whatever but hey this is a discussion thread after all.

~ConvoyWolf
Thank you, you have put my mind at ease now since I read that. While I'll still fear for both Bailey's life and her marriage to King, your comment just managed to ease my mind a bit. Though I do wonder, what happened to that Green Watch King had and Why did Pete want it earlier in the comic (This might've been answered but I forget if it was) and could that have some impact on the game?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

SeanWolf wrote:Though I do wonder, what happened to that Green Watch King had and Why did Pete want it earlier in the comic (This might've been answered but I forget if it was) and could that have some impact on the game?
Right here. I forgot why Pete wanted it and I don't know if it would have any importance to the game though.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I love how as soon as someone pulls a "cheap shot" in a game, everyone immediately hates that character.
It's a fight. What are they going to have cookies and milk and then go nappies?
Argent wrote:
dissension wrote:They normally fight archdemons and I'm sure that's not the only reference to the greater purpose of the game, it's just the first that came to mind.
Is that because the purpose of the game is "fighting evil" or "demons make convenient Big Bad NPCs" so universes with demons in them are more fun? I didn't get the impression that there was any higher purpose to the game.
It's an RPG, so yeah, likely it's just because fighting archdemons is much more exciting than fighting dust motes (or mere mortals). :D
Saturn381 wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:
That's what I wanna know too.
No, this game is just a duel between Dragon and Pete. There is nothing further going on.
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

*looks dissapointed* I am dissapointed. Bailey should win!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

As seems, the battle continued for an entire night. Time outs are indeed needed, Bailey is so tired, but sounds a bit funny that they're present. ;) You need a time out to continue texting, Tarot (with who are you chatting? With Peanut?). :P
What a kick! Why this intromission by Sabrina? :? So, Tarot built up a team with her, or maybe it was Dragon, as alternative to the spell modifier... Yeah, Bailey hasn't a relief, it's one against two: it's not right. :( Now looks like Pete deserves to win, but would he provide for a relief, too? For now, I wait a very anger reaction from Bailey. Be careful, Sabrina! ;)
Sabrina looks cool as witch (something not so new, though). :P
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

I don't know why but when I saw the first panel of last Wednesday's strip I thought of the line from The Desolation of Smaug: "What have we done?" -Bilbo Baggins
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Keene should be their relief
A knight (I assume that's what Bailey is) and a thief vs a sovereign spiritualist and a mage. Sounds like an interesting fight.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Obbl wrote:I love how as soon as someone pulls a "cheap shot" in a game, everyone immediately hates that character.
Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not surprised by that kind of reaction here, anymore. We could always think of like Sabrina said, like a football game; opposing sides, but nothing personal. Just competition.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

D-Rock wrote:
Obbl wrote:I love how as soon as someone pulls a "cheap shot" in a game, everyone immediately hates that character.
Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not surprised by that kind of reaction here, anymore. We could always think of like Sabrina said, like a football game; opposing sides, but nothing personal. Just competition.
I think in this case it's a bit of a shock value as well ... after all we just finished the second longest arc pitting the sweet innocent lover of all things against the brutishly physical Jata, and then we suddenly have Sabs pulling a move that wouldn't have been out of place in the Jata vs. Wolves fight. Of course there is the factor that Dragon is controlling her, so I suppose the equivalent for Bailey would be if after all this is done and she and King are reunited, the first words out of her mouth is a Pete influenced "King...I want a divorce."
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Except that would be like a million times worse than Sabrina taking a cheap shot in a fight? :?
It's not that I don't understand that people are shocked Sabrina would do this. It's that I don't understand why. It's a duel that Sabrina has been preparing to fight for we don't even know how many years, and she has prepared to help Dragon win. It's a competition, and the best player will win. I understand being upset at a cheap shot in a supposedly fair fight, but the level of hatred that gets displayed just leaves me baffled. And it's happened so many times in the past, I keep expecting that people should be over this whole "something unexpected happened and I now hate this character" thing. Then it happens yet again. :|
And to reiterate what Sabrina said: Think of it as a football game. You can take it seriously if you want, but that's not my way... Just because there's two sides doesn't always mean they're good and evil.
I don't personally care which side wins, and I like all the characters here, so maybe I just get a little touchy when people start hatin' on the characters I like :roll:
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Obbl wrote:Except that would be like a million times worse than Sabrina taking a cheap shot in a fight? :?
It's not that I don't understand that people are shocked Sabrina would do this. It's that I don't understand why. It's a duel that Sabrina has been preparing to fight for we don't even know how many years, and she has prepared to help Dragon win. It's a competition, and the best player will win. I understand being upset at a cheap shot in a supposedly fair fight, but the level of hatred that gets displayed just leaves me baffled. And it's happened so many times in the past, I keep expecting that people should be over this whole "something unexpected happened and I now hate this character" thing. Then it happens yet again. :|
And to reiterate what Sabrina said: Think of it as a football game. You can take it seriously if you want, but that's not my way... Just because there's two sides doesn't always mean they're good and evil.
I don't personally care which side wins, and I like all the characters here, so maybe I just get a little touchy when people start hatin' on the characters I like :roll:
But unlike most football games, isn't this supposed to be a fight to the death? Is Sabrina really saying "Sorry, but I must kill you now. Nothing personal!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Obbl wrote:Except that would be like a million times worse than Sabrina taking a cheap shot in a fight? :?
it's a tad more than 'schock value'.
Much as I LIKE that a character is not constricted in cardboard characterization, and Sabrina always proved to be one funny sources of surprises, there was ONE thing we could be sure about her, and that's her attitude to NON-violence. Heck, it is in her CHARACTER BIO, alright? Sabrina wouldn't take the life of a mouse if she could help it, and Fido knows how many critters he had to take care of...and now she's an all-tailkicker?!? We don't know NOTHING about Tarot, so it stands that she uses Dragon's magic to get more aggressive. But seeing Sabrina kicking the dog feels just...SO WRONG. All of a sudden, it feels that she actually 'helped' King go to Heaven so to keep him away and not be the third party who could be of relief to HIS WIFE. How can I simply trust Sabrina's decisions since she's used to hide her previous life to her own boyfriend and now this display of violence? Perhaps -and quite possibly!- she's playing a part... But in the meantime, what if King is right and whatever the result his marriage is irrimediably compromised? Sabrina and Tarot are NOT being forced. Whatever Dragon promised them or asked them as favor, they are playing by their own free will. 'control' is conceded by free will! Bailey has been dragged there with a base trick, in a plan that aimed to have her at the cost of King's further sufference and contempt for the HEAVENS.
So, another question rises: if Tarot was so good at preventing Pete from getting to Fido, Peanut, Grape...why not try harder to save King's marriage, or at least to make sure they'd be together in this fight? Answer is: conflict of interests! Dragon wanted to 'save' peanut because she loved him, not for some ethical reason. Sabrina might as well helped King in the NOT ALL DOGS arc because she had been instructed to.
All in all, yes, so far Team Dragon is not deserving any praise since, again, they are being uncaring for other people's feelings. Pete is a total jerk, but that's his nature. I really didn't expect that from the 'good girls'
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Everyone seems to think that Bailey is an innocent civilian caught in all this, and that she was tricked, but it was with her own free will that she signed the contract. It was her decision to do all this, even if she didn't know she'd be doing it it was her decision. She's working with Pete, so she's the enemy.