2014/07/07 - Cause I Know I Don't Belong

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Goforit
Weather Wizard

2014/07/07 - Cause I Know I Don't Belong

Post by Goforit »

[ Cause I Know I Don't Belong ]

Title Text: it's like drinking no tears shampoo

Shedding tears in Heaven is like dividing by zero... and only Chuck Norris can divide by zero... King is Chuck Norris!
Ask me about the weather.

Avatar by the amazing cartoonist Hukley!
ConvoyWolf

Re: 2014/07/07 - Cause I Know I Don't Belong

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Ohhhh Cerb.....must you remined me why i love ya?

Just shows she really does care even if certain bits of her cant effectively show it.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

I think this is the first time the middle head expressed an emotion other than anger/slightly peeved.
Just an Arc
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I don't believe I deserve this,
a chance to experience timeless bliss.
What happens when, in heaven, you hurt?
Who can blame me when I'm just dirt?
I've been brought face to face with what I did,
and it's seen that, from my friend my face I hid
I never revealed my truth and apologised,
as, if I did, my friendship would be compromised.
I've lived a lie and never said sorry,
never cleared my conscience, just continued to worry
about my soul and the poor state it's in,
I never thought the gates would open on my sin.
I'm here for her. Let my audience begin.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I kind of get where Cerbs is coming from but really it hasn't calmed him down in six months or so why would she think it would work with any more time.
Xane wrote:Granted he doesn't know that Bailey isn't really suffering all that much. Yet, anyway, Tarot might bite her tail or something.

Of cours he could just ask if Bailey is really in trouble or not. Also I think he should ask for Pete to be turned into a Parakeet.

The amount of empty space in panel 1 around "I don't" makes me wonder...
The thing is what he does know is his wife is being controlled by someone he hates for reasons that he likely thinks were partly (if not completely) his fault. Also yeah that white space is kind of strange.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, we are promised someone who will dry our tears in Heaven. Though King still being alive may negate that privilege. And this may not the best time to mention it, Cerberus does have a point; people rarely make good decisions when really worked up.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Duster

Post by Duster »

There, there King. It'll be alright. *hugs corgi*
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

I wonder if Fox's girlfriend will wait for him when he goes back to Earth. Kind of sucks that he's in a relationship with a dog that's basically from another dimension. Maybe she'll get to somehow come back with them.
Last edited by Iceheart on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

AWWW! I find this cute and sad for some reason...
Buy a goat today!
valerio

Post by valerio »

I'd love to hug Kingy to comfort him...but how could I ever compete with lady Cerbie? DAWWW!
Yay for King caring for his best friend and for seeing himself as a canine destined to his beloved wife! You're right, pup, Heaven won't do without the one you love at your side! <3
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Xane wrote:Of cours he could just ask if Bailey is really in trouble or not. Also I think he should ask for Pete to be turned into a Parakeet.
Truly, he could ask to see how she is doing.
I am currently at a crossroads between the parakeet option or the "something with very low mobility and a long lifespan" option.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

As I've heard it both ways with multi-headed beings, I've been wondering whether Cerberus prefers to be referred to as singular or plural for some time now, I am glad to finally know which.

On a sadder note, heaven apparently defaults to the imperial measurement system. :(
Argent

Post by Argent »

So why doesn't Cerberus point out that Bailey isn't suffering, that he can be taken back to Earth the instant he left?
Silly Zealot wrote:
Xane wrote:I think he should ask for Pete to be turned into a Parakeet.
I am currently at a crossroads between the parakeet option or the "something with very low mobility and a long lifespan" option.
I recently picked up a book that I thought was SF but turned out to be, as near as I can tell, a rather poorly written attempt to create an "non-young-adult" version of the Andalite series. It had vaporous aliens that possessed people, and who had to switch to a new host when their current host died. Of course they were engaged in a secret war over the fate of the human species (what else would aliens marooned on Earth do... cooperate?) but killing each other was no-no, so you had them being forced to possess baby tortoises to put them out of commission for as long as possible.

So, how about a tortoise?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
valerio

Post by valerio »

Argent wrote:So why doesn't Cerberus point out that Bailey isn't suffering, that he can be taken back to Earth the instant he left?
Much as King could trust Cerberus, so far when it comes to trusting Heaven's denizens, he hadn't exactly the best of experiences...
Also, I guess King is suffering separation anxiety as well, much like Fido. Doggie drawbacks suck.
And I guess you wouldn't feel exactly happy if your wife was taken away right under your nose for an undefined period of time during which she has to fight brutal combats...
Not to mention he hasn't a TV, popcorn and a soda to watch her fighting! the NERVE!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Hedronal wrote:On a sadder note, heaven apparently defaults to the imperial measurement system. :(
Whuaaaa, I like the metrical system better!
Argent wrote:I recently picked up a book that I thought was SF but turned out to be, as near as I can tell, a rather poorly written attempt to create an "non-young-adult" version of the Andalite series. It had vaporous aliens that possessed people, and who had to switch to a new host when their current host died. Of course they were engaged in a secret war over the fate of the human species (what else would aliens marooned on Earth do... cooperate?) but killing each other was no-no, so you had them being forced to possess baby tortoises to put them out of commission for as long as possible.

So, how about a tortoise?
Those aliens kind of sound a bit like the ones in the "Ghosts of Mars" movie, except they lived on Mars.

I have read some types of jellyfish and lobster are theorized to being biologically immortal, I am rather skeptical, but it seems worth a shot!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Argent wrote:So why doesn't Cerberus point out that Bailey isn't suffering, that he can be taken back to Earth the instant he left?
I'm assuming that no one is telling King because either they think it's not a big deal or they don't know. Either way, it might not even help King if he was told because recent events have made him lose trust in heaven denizens and he cannot see or know where Bailey is.

To King, all he knows is that Bailey was taken against her will and is under the control of a demigod who isn't very caring of low-order beings, and if Pete did care its for his own gain.

Although I do think it's good that King decides that Fox doesn't have to go with him, Fox does deserve a break and a few ladies after what's happened to him. ;)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:
Much as King could trust Cerberus, so far when it comes to trusting Heaven's denizens, he hadn't exactly the best of experiences...
Also, I guess King is suffering separation anxiety as well, much like Fido. Doggie drawbacks suck.
And I guess you wouldn't feel exactly happy if your wife was taken away right under your nose for an undefined period of time during which she has to fight brutal combats...
Not to mention he hasn't a TV, popcorn and a soda to watch her fighting! the NERVE!
gamepopper wrote: I'm assuming that no one is telling King because either they think it's not a big deal or they don't know. Either way, it might not even help King if he was told because recent events have made him lose trust in heaven denizens and he cannot see or know where Bailey is.

To King, all he knows is that Bailey was taken against her will and is under the control of a demigod who isn't very caring of low-order beings, and if Pete did care its for his own gain.

Although I do think it's good that King decides that Fox doesn't have to go with him, Fox does deserve a break and a few ladies after what's happened to him. ;)
Basically these are all likely reasons. I also wouldn't be surprised if hes worried that Pete might just try to turn Bailey against him as one last 'screw you' on the way out.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

IceKitsune wrote:Basically these are all likely reasons. I also wouldn't be surprised if hes worried that Pete might just try to turn Bailey against him as one last 'screw you' on the way out.
Oh god that would be horrible, and I already hate Pete because he took Bailey away. O.O
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

King should ask if he could postpone his time in Heaven until after Bailey is safe and ask if she could share the time with him. It would be like the Ultimate Honeymoon, and then he could truly relax.
valerio

Post by valerio »

IceKitsune wrote:Basically these are all likely reasons. I also wouldn't be surprised if hes worried that Pete might just try to turn Bailey against him as one last 'screw you' on the way out.
Oh, Knowing Pete he WILL try that one last stunt.
Just so that Bailey can answer with her biggest FACE! ever!
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Best friends don't abandon best friends in the Other World.
Feel my icy wrath!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Hedronal wrote:As I've heard it both ways with multi-headed beings, I've been wondering whether Cerberus prefers to be referred to as singular or plural for some time now, I am glad to finally know which.
(
A couple of strips ago one of the heads said "I know what we should do."
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

DAAAAAAW! He got so fed up that he made himself normal sized again! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Hedronal wrote:As I've heard it both ways with multi-headed beings, I've been wondering whether Cerberus prefers to be referred to as singular or plural for some time now, I am glad to finally know which.
(
Which strip was that?
Feel my icy wrath!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Gamewolf67 wrote:Best friends don't abandon best friends in the Other World.
who's talking about 'abandoning'? King just stated that Fox deserves his own slice of happiness without being dragged into King's many worries. Fox is no fool, if he decided to stay at King's side, he'll be much welcome since King invited him to accompany him in the first place.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Gamewolf67 wrote:
(
Which strip was that?
When they decided what King needed was a giant ice cream sundae with cake.
Turkledurk

Post by Turkledurk »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Xane wrote:Of cours he could just ask if Bailey is really in trouble or not. Also I think he should ask for Pete to be turned into a Parakeet.
Tree. Trees have a very long lifespan and low mobility
Cincinnati Tradition Contrabass 2014
"Hey guys look at the" *(insert what everyone is already looking at here)*!!!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Turkledurk wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
Good idea, Pete was never one to leaf anything to chance.
valerio

Post by valerio »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Good idea, Pete was never one to leaf anything to chance.
Because his plans have deep roots in the mortals' lives.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

valerio wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Good idea, Pete was never one to leaf anything to chance.
If a tree falls in the forest and no ones around to hear it, does anybody care? :lol:
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

I just hope that King doesn't regret this once he realizes that he's lost no time there.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

I admire King's determination to help his wife; He'd even cut his time over the top short in the most perfect place ever to get her back. Wow, just wow. :o
I guess those vows he made at his wedding weren't just to be poetic.
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

valerio wrote:
Turkledurk wrote:Tree. Trees have a very long lifespan and low mobility
Good idea, Pete was never one to leaf anything to chance.
Good thinking, and if the order came directly from Bahamut, Pete wood have to stand still for it. Let him think they mean an elephant: "Well, you get to have a trunk..."
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Acritic2 wrote:I admire King's determination to help his wife; He'd even cut his time over the top short in the most perfect place ever to get her back. Wow, just wow. :o
I guess those vows he made at his wedding weren't just to be poetic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/05/ ... year-five/

I've never forgotten this quote.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Perfesser_Bear wrote:Good thinking, and if the order came directly from Bahamut, Pete wood have to stand still for it. Let him think they mean an elephant: "Well, you get to have a trunk..."
valerio wrote:Because his plans have deep roots in the mortals' lives.
Turkledurk wrote:Tree. Trees have a very long lifespan and low mobility
I would chime in on this, but I'm stumped. :/
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

ArcWolf wrote:I think this is the first time the middle head expressed an emotion other than anger/slightly peeved.
Seems that way. And OMG dude your avatar is bringing out the feels in me...poor Sasha.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

just before midnight, I wrote: Not that anyone will see this, but I picture Monday's comic like this:

Panel 1...*King rushing out of the doorway to the spa, with Fox shouting, "King, wait up!" behind him off panel.

Panel 2...(and possibly 3)...King rushing past several "denizens of Heaven" (including Angel?) with an "oof" or a "hey, watch it!" or a "what's your rush" coming from several.

Panel 3...King reaching the door of the Heavenly Courtroom...

*Banging on door*

King: Let me in! I need to talk to you! Let me in for the love of...

*Pete walks out, grinning.*

King: (arms folded and eyes shut) I'm not sayin' it.
Not how I thought it would happen, but still cute, nonetheless.

On the white space issue on "I don't" I just interpreted it as giving the idea more emphasis, a greater pause before and after, and more depth and meaning. The moral character shown here by King is showing that not only does he understand the fact that he doesn't deserve these great things that have been given to him, (such as his best friend, his wife, and this trip/vacation) but he's finally willing to come out and say it! Maybe I would be reading too much into two words, but that's what I see here. Another good showing by Rick that he can skillfully put so much into so little space. Well done! *applaudes*

Is the Eric Clapton reference so obvious that nobody bothered to mention it?
D-Rock wrote: Well, we are promised someone who will dry our tears in Heaven. ... ... And this may not the best time to mention it, Cerberus does have a point; people rarely make good decisions when really worked up.
The trouble is that Cerb doesn't seem to understand that it takes a certain type of thing to get King to relax. Since he's in the middle of it, King is constantly stuck in "battle mode." He can relax physically to soothe the muscles, but like a combat veteran he can't relax mentally because he's always expecting a sniper around every corner. There are two ways to relax King's mind:
1. Give him victory.
2. Give him defeat.

You may think defeat would be a bad way to get someone to relax (and it would) but King needs resolution to his problems. He needs his "story" to end so he can get either his "happily ever after" or his "eternal damnation." The first way is preferable to the second, but the second gives him stability just as much as the first.
Iceheart wrote: I wonder if Fox's girlfriend ... Maybe she'll get to somehow come back with them.
I would still like to see Angel & Jade (I didn't come up with both names) become permanent cast members. Learn their back stories and such...maybe they were opposing avatars in a previous game who became friends and forced the match to become a draw. All kinds of possibilities...
gamepopper wrote: ...Fox does deserve a break and a few ladies after what's happened to him.
Or one very truly loyal one...
Turkledurk wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
...Unless you allow for nyads and dryads, like in Narnia...
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: Good idea, Pete was never one to leaf anything to chance.
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
Acritic2 wrote: I admire King's determination to help his wife; He'd even cut his time over the top short in the most perfect place ever to get her back. Wow, just wow.
He wouldn't necessarily have to cut his time short...after he presents his case (and wins) he could finally relax mentally for a while, if he chose to do so. Was he specifically told he would have to leave as soon as his case was decided?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Off Topic, I know, but...
Well, we've seen Spirit Dragon as she really is, and probably "I already told you my name --" "I can't pronounce it." "Oh, well, okay then." Pete (gaming T-shirt). Any guesses what Cerberus really looks like?
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
valerio

Post by valerio »

Listened to Clapton's song.
beautiful. *shed tear*
Argent

Post by Argent »

Perfesser_Bear wrote:Off Topic, I know, but...
Well, we've seen Spirit Dragon as she really is, and probably "I already told you my name --" "I can't pronounce it." "Oh, well, okay then." Pete (gaming T-shirt). Any guesses what Cerberus really looks like?
Everything we've seen of Pete or Dragon have been metaphors, including their "rooms".
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @