HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Alex

Re: Pet Friendly-In Character

Post by Alex »

caelei wrote:Magnus smiled grandly at the two cats, and shook both of their paws with one of his own. "Sooo...." he said, drawing the word out, "what'cha doin'?" Before they could answer, though, he remembered something and he felt compelled to tell them. "There are crazy wild animals in the forest and I think they eat people. And pets. They steal pets. And they're going to take over the planet. Or that's what Pavelle thinks, anyways." He smiled even wider, his tail wagging fast back and forth, back and forth. "What if they're zombies? Do you believe in zombies? I do. I saw them on TV, comin' out of the ground. Yuk."
Wooooooah! Zombies! That's soooo cool! I wanna go into the forest!
Uhm... this dog seems confused... or... he's playing tricks on us. It definitely looks like he played too many games. We're new here in town, so we don't know much about that.... although, I really doubt that there are zombies.....
Alex couldn't help but to laugh at the idea of zombies..... *cough* *cough*- He tried to cover the laughter with coughing. It seemed very impolite now. So..... uhm.... who's Pavelle? After these words, Mai turned to him, with an exited look on her face.
Now that doesn't matter! I wanna know more about the forest! She turned to Magnus. Tell us more! Can you take us into the forest? And th..... She stopped, interrupted by a loud sound coming out of her belly. She pressed her paw against it.
Uhm.. actually.... could you show us a restaurant or something? I'm hungry.
Oh sure, but do you have any money? Asked Alex, with a sarcastic expression. Mai turned to him. Her ears folded back.
Noooo...... do you?
Of course not. I didn't bring anything with me, except my collar. Let's go home- I'm sure dinner's ready. Alex started walking, but Mai grabbed his collar and pulled him back.
I don't wanna go home! We just met Magnus!
I heard your stomach. You need to eat as soon as possible.
Mai smiled at him, and her ears erected again.
I'm not hungry at all! We don't need to go home yet! Although her face was determined, her voice was unsure and silent. Alex sighed, and put his paw on his face, while looking at the ground. Once he talked, his voice was still, but angry.
Don't you dare to even think about hungering! You have avoided meals for playing multiple times, and you know you usually end up at the vet! I'm taking you home now! Come on!
Yet again, Alex pulled her shoulders and started walking, but Mai was against it. Once she saw that she can't withstand his strength, she knelt down, buried her face into his belly, and started shaking him violently.
Pleeeeeeeeeeease lemme stay! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........
Alex sighed again, while trying to pull her up on her feet again. After a couple of failed tries, he turned to Magnus.
I'm sorry to ask, but do you have any food in the house? I can't let her hunger, and she obviously doesn't want to go home... *sigh*

(OOC: I'm at a friends house, my internet is dead. Sorry for the short post. EDIT: And I edited the post a little.)
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

steel_wing

Post by steel_wing »

(Ha! I'm back!)

Paragus wakes up perched on a limb in the woods. He's been searching for his home for a few days and has found not even the vaguest of hints as to where to go. As he takes off to go to Rav's house again, being the only place where he knows anybody, he overhears something in the woods and decides to swoop down to find out.

Landing on a nearby tree branch he spies multiple animals, training with crude weapons or their own body in a fighting way. A little unsure of what's going on he decides to just take off and ignore it. No need to go butting in where he didn't belong after all.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

well, that was informative, i guess he thought he looked around wondering what to do. he decided to go ask Sekhmet, "Hey wait! Sekhmet!" he said waving his hand and running after her "What is it now?" she said with a Exasperated sigh. "well i was wondering what i should do until tonight" "Oh i don't know! go find some one to talk to! Go look at what you're going to be doing tomorrow! the sun is almost down! it shouldn't be hard to find some thing, just go bother some one else" she said walking away again. he stood there still confused as to what to do, he looked around again. he saw a cat and a dog talking in a corner near Griffins hut he started walking over trying to look confident. "uh, Hi" he said nervously they both glanced at him but other wise gave no indication that he was there. "Well, i don't see how you let them get away" the cat said "Com'on Freyja! one of them was throwing rocks at us!" said the dog "you should be better at handling stressful situations" scolded Freyja "Griffin was the one to give the order" said the dog with a low growl. "What are you two talking about?" Interrupted Octavian "leave us alone" said the dog and walked away "Sorry" Freyja whispered to Octavian and walked after the dog.
"Don't mind him" said a voice behind him Octavian turned around to see a completely Black dog sitting on a tree stump.
"Name's Surtr, the dog was Rosta he is always in a bad mood. any way, so you're the new guy huh?" the dog got up and walked around Octavian a few times, he stopped in front of him and said "huh, not many foxes that'll join up, although you don't look or smell like any fox around here" "Well, uhm... My uh, breed is from Russia, a certain 'Tame silver fox' to be exact" Octavian said feeling a bit nervous "and, uhm, me and my owner moved here from Russia not long ago... well my old owner but you get the idea" he said fiddling with his collar. "That would explain the smell" Surtr said "com'on follow me" he said walking into the bushes.

((OOC: Sorry about taking so long with that, my arm and all ;) i should be posting a bit more soon))

what what? Jolly good time.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle felt slightly self-conscious under Rav's inspection, and she fidgeted a little bit. She also felt strange listening to this weird 'preference' conversation that Rav and Balbaroy were having. Very awkward. She cleared her throat, and answered Rav's question. "Uh...sure. I guess. What do I do, just wack people with sticks?" She gave out a nervous laugh.

Meanwhile...
Magnus couldn't believe what he was hearing. First, they didn't know who Pavelle was. He couldn't imagine anyone not knowing his sister. She was just so... knowable. Even if she didn't associate with other pets very often. He wondered briefly if there were any other pets around who didn't know her. He frowned, thinking. Oh yeah! New cats! They wouldn't know her if they were new, would they? Probably not. He gave a goofy grin. "Pavelle is my sister. A 'coon."
Now that doesn't matter! I wanna know more about the forest! She turned to Magnus. Tell us more! Can you take us into the forest? And th..... She stopped, interrupted by a loud sound coming out of her belly. She pressed her paw against it. Uhm.. actually.... could you show us a restaurant or something? I'm hungry.
He thought for a second about the forest question. Hadn't someone told him not to go back in there? His brain strained under the pressure of remembering. Umm... forest was bad? Why? All that was in there was Grif and his friends at a party. A party! Wasn't he supposed to go? He'd been invited. And that solved the second question too, that the cats had had. About food. Wasn't there food at parties? And Grif wouldn't mind if he brought a couple of new friends, would he? Well, that was, if they agreed to go. But who wouldn't want to go to a party?

He came out of his thought process to find the second cat, not Mai but Alex, asking again about food.
I'm sorry to ask, but do you have any food in the house? I can't let her hunger, and she obviously doesn't want to go home... *sigh*

Mag thought for another moment. "I don't know about food in that house. It's not mine. Mine is there." He pointed towards his own home. Then his finger drifted direction until he was pointing at the trail they could just barely see running into the forest. "But I know there's going to be a party in there. And don't parties always had food? So we could go to that." He looked earnestly at the trees. He wanted to go to that party, but something kept nagging at his brain about the woods. About how he shouldn't go in there. He shrugged off the feeling. There was nothing in the woods that could hurt him. "Oh. But watch out for those shiny rocks in there. They make gravity turn off and then you fly into a tree."
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Alex

Post by Alex »

Aleeeeeeex......
Alex looked down. Mai was looking at his face. She didn't have to say anything. Her big, puppy eyes and folded ears were telling it all. She wants to go on the party. Alex knelt down beside her, and put his paw on her shoulder. When he talked, his voice was barely a whisper, trying to avoid the dog's sensitive ears.
Look, Mai.... you don't even know if there is a party. And if there is one, you don't know how far away it is from here. Walking through the forest costs a lot of energy, which you currently don't have. Do you really want to end up at the vet again?
Mai's ears folded back even more, if that was even possible, and her eyes got bigger.
But... but! It's a great opportunity to meet more pets! New friends! She didn't even try to talk quietly.
Alex' eyes followed Magnus' finger to the forest. It was getting dark. He also talked about "shiny stones that make gravity go away", and that can only mean rope traps. It definitely wasn't a good idea to go into the woods, but how could he explain it to Mai? He turned back to her, and opened his mouth to say something, but once she saw her, now begging with her arms, he changed his mind.
Alright, fine! We can go only if you promise me to STICK TO ME. You will not go anywhere on your own, and try to be quiet! And we will go home as soon as possible.
Just as pressing a switch, she turned the sad face off, replacing it with her usual smile. Her ears folded back up, and she gave Alex a big hug.
Yaaay! I promise! Thank you!
*sigh* She will kill me one day with this....
Alex stood up and pulled Mai back on her feet, too. They both turned to Magnus, and Mai said "Let's go! You lead!".
Richarson Valley

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:Pavelle felt slightly self-conscious under Rav's inspection, and she fidgeted a little bit. She also felt strange listening to this weird 'preference' conversation that Rav and Balbaroy were having. Very awkward. She cleared her throat, and answered Rav's question. "Uh...sure. I guess. What do I do, just wack people with sticks?" She gave out a nervous laugh.

Rav goes into his closet, digging into the back to retrieve his fighting staff, cleverly disguised as a wizards staff.. He pulls the dragon totem off the top of the staff.
See? pets can walk about with staffs like this, an no one will ever question it. well much.
Yes it's pretty basically wacking people with sticks.. or keeping them a healthy distance away from you, or blocking there attacks. it has many uses. Is there a fighting arts Dojo in this town the humans go to? if not we will have to try to find a lumber yard to get you a fighting stick that wont break in combat..

Rav hobbles out an down the hallway...
You two come on out to the back yard where we will have room to swing this around without smashing everything in sight..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

ToastyJester wrote:"Man am I glad I found you guys, a fox went into the woods a little while ago, and this dog named Rav told me I could find you here. You guys are the only pets I really know in town, so I don't know who else I could tell." Jester looks around the coffee shop after saying all of that and says, "Jeez I don't remember this place being so empty..."
It took a moment for Venison to realize that he was being spoken too. He was looking around, observing his surroundings. "So?" He walked behind the counter, beginning to snoop around, looking and shuffling though various personal items. "Aren't foxes wild anyway? They have their own wit, cunning, survival strats, and don't need looking after. And if it is anyone important, we'll get them later." Venison looked behind himself. "I wonder where this door goes to. Staircase, maybe? There's two floors to this building..."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky snaps back into reality instead of sniffing the air. "Oh, yeah. There's an apartment up there. I don't know who lives up there but I always assumed the owner of The Wall. Come to think of it I never really know who Espresso and Dee's mom and dad were. I always assumed the owner of The Wall for that too."

--------------------

Balbaroy's ears perk and he stands up. "Oh, I think I've got the perfect thing. I'm going to go get something from home, I'll be back in a little bit."
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
caelei

Post by caelei »

Magnus listened curiously to the cats' conversation, then smiled brightly as they agreed to join the party. "Yay!" he yelled, showing his joy. He started walking towards the forest, away from Rav's home. "I bet this party will be great," he chattered as he walked. "Though I hope there are no zombies there. Grif said that there would be..." his voice trailed off, uncertain. What had Grif said? He shrugged, then gave out a goofy laugh. "Actually, I don't remember, but I do bet it'll be great. Parties are always fun, don'tcha think? Maybe there'll be a pinata and games and cake and everything," he gushed, getting really excited, forgeting about his uneasy feeling earlier. He led them through his yard and towards the forest.

Meanwhile...
Pavelle followed Rav closely down the hall, unsure what to do if he should start to fall. He was looking kind of unbalanced, after all, and she wanted to have a game plan. Would she hurt him more by trying to catch him? Hard to decide whether it would be better for him to fall on the floor or on raccoon. It would be better for her if he fell on the floor, but that wasn't a nice way to think. She shuddered quietly to herself. Ugh. She was thinking nice.

She went outside, unconsciously stretching her limbs on the way out the door, preparing herself for whatever she was going to do during this training. She wondered if it was wise for Rav to be teaching her something like this in his condition, but said nothing. Her eyes automatically scanned the yard for Magnus, possibly chasing/greeting/huggling a couple cats. Nothing. No sign of him. For some reason, she got an uneasy feeling, and she looked again. And then again. No, he was definately gone. But where? Not home? Wouldn't he have told her? Unless he might have gotten distracted by the cats, and wandered off with them. That was probably what had happened. So why was she having these bad feelings? She shook her arms out, trying to get rid of the jitters. "Um, Rav? Didn't you say Magnus was with a couple cats? You didn't recognize these cats, did you? Like maybe you've seen them around the neighborhood before?" She was trying to convince herself that nothing bad had happened. If Rav knew these cats, then there was nothing to worry about. If he didn't... well, then there would be two options. Either they were just cats Rav had never seen before, considering that he was new here himself, or they could be ferals. Which would be bad. But why would the ferals want her brother so much as to creep into town and take him? Sure he would do pretty much anything you commanded and was big and strong enough to be trained to be a warrior and be very intimitading, but still... she swallowed hard, telling herself she was just being an idiot.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

After a few minutes, Balbaroy runs back to the house and around the building, holding a rather old looking knotted staff with a hook on the end, like a shepherd's. "Okay, so what are we doing again?"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:
She went outside, unconsciously stretching her limbs on the way out the door, preparing herself for whatever she was going to do during this training. She wondered if it was wise for Rav to be teaching her something like this in his condition, but said nothing. Her eyes automatically scanned the yard for Magnus, possibly chasing/greeting/huggling a couple cats. Nothing. No sign of him. For some reason, she got an uneasy feeling, and she looked again. And then again. No, he was definately gone. But where? Not home? Wouldn't he have told her? Unless he might have gotten distracted by the cats, and wandered off with them. That was probably what had happened. So why was she having these bad feelings? She shook her arms out, trying to get rid of the jitters. "Um, Rav? Didn't you say Magnus was with a couple cats? You didn't recognize these cats, did you? Like maybe you've seen them around the neighborhood before?" She was trying to convince herself that nothing bad had happened. If Rav knew these cats, then there was nothing to worry about. If he didn't... well, then there would be two options. Either they were just cats Rav had never seen before, considering that he was new here himself, or they could be ferals. Which would be bad. But why would the ferals want her brother so much as to creep into town and take him? Sure he would do pretty much anything you commanded and was big and strong enough to be trained to be a warrior and be very intimitading, but still... she swallowed hard, telling herself she was just being an idiot.

Rav swings an twirls the staff about him, getting the kinks out of his muscles an seeing how much he can move without causing himself too much pain..
He then chastises himself for showing off, when he wouldn't be wanting her to be doing that..

Rav watches the coon go to the side yards time an again, looking out front.. AHhh she is looking for Magnus, as he finally gets what she is doing..
I only know one cat in this town, an I haven't seen Milo in three days now..
altho those two cats did look like a brother an sister pair, if that helps ID them for you..
Did they wander off from being out front??
Are you wanting to go look for him, an see if he is alright before we begain?

After a few minutes, Balbaroy runs back to the house and around the building, holding a rather old looking knotted staff with a hook on the end, like a shepherd's. "Okay, so what are we doing again?"

We are learning how to protect areselves from attack..
Thats an interesting staff, have you been herding sheeps?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Alex

Post by Alex »

Although very unsure, Alex followed Magnus through his backyard into the forest. Mai, in order to keep her promise, hugged his left arm, pressing it tight with both her arms. She smiled while she was looking at the tall dog, in front of her, thinking only "party, party, party!" She didn't even pay attention to where they were going. Alex, on the other hand, inspected every inch of the forest. The ground was rough and uneven, and walking on it was very hard. It was getting darker and darker as they went deeper into the forest, trees blocking the sun.
Hmm... I haven't detected anything dangerous in this forest yet.... but who in their right mind would throw a party here? .... Whatever, the walking is exhausting me. My legs already hurt because of the uneven ground, and I don't even dare to think about Mai... Alex looked at her. She was still walking normally, with the big smile on her face. However, her belly was growling every now and then.
This is getting really annoying. I can't wait to get home. I'll take my guitar, and play a couple of riffs, then I will finish Chrono Trigger, and then I might read the rest of my book, or I'll go straight to bed....... I'll ask mom to give me a nice back-scratch.. oh yeah, that'll be so awesome. I also have to find my MP3 player, I haven't heard any good music since we left our old home. And milk... I'm so thirsty. I could drink a gallon of milk now. Yeah...
Suddenly, Alex woke up from him daydreaming by a strong pressure applied to his left arm. He turned his head only to see Mai falling to the ground, her eyes half closed.
MAI!!! Shouted Alex, as he jumped to catch her! Her body was covered in cold sweat. Once her knees made contact with the earth, she opened her eyes, confused about what she's doing on the ground.
A--Alex? Why am I on the ground? Asked Mai, with a quiet voice. She was still breathing hard.
Why?! Don't act as if you don't know! You fainted! Alex shouted at her. He didn't care what can hear them in these woods, he didn't care about Magnus who was leading them, to, it seems, an non-existing party. He was mad.
N-no... it's not like that! I... I tripped!
DON'T TRY TO SELL ME THESE STORIES! I AM TAKING YOU HOME NOW! GET UP!
N... no! Please! I'm sure it's clo.....
Just tell me, when was the last time you ate something?!
I... I had some food earlier..... Really........
DON'T LIE! I'LL TELL YOU! YOU ATE JUST BEFORE WE LEFT OUR OLD HOME, AND THAT WAS GOOD 2 AND A HALF DAYS AGO! NOT JUST THAT, BUT YOU WASTE YOUR ENERGY! GET UP!
B-but.......... Not only did he forbid her to do what she wanted, but he also shouted at her, which she didn't like at all. A tear appeared in each of her eyes, making its way over her cheeks. Her ears lowered again, but not even such a face was enough to calm Alex down.
Get up! He was pulling her up, with all of his strength, but he was exhausted, too. Somehow, he managed to get her on her feet again.
Say goodbye to Magnus! Without even giving her a chance to turn around and part with Magnus, Alex pushed her forward, but.....
"And who might you be?"
They both instantly turned to inspect the source of the voice. What came was unexpected- a dog jumped in front of them, causing them to back away. Angry, Alex didn't think anything of it, but as he tried to walk by the dog, he lifted his arm up, blocking his way.
Move!
"No." His voice was calm, unlike Alex'.
MOVE!!!
"No. Not until I ask you something."
Alex wanted to shout at the dog again, but he changed his mind. Getting into a fight would not be smart, and it would be time-consuming, too. Looking at Mai, he figured that he doesn't have enough time until she faints completely. He had no other choice but to listen to the dog.
Okay.... ask your dumb question, but BE QUICK!
"You seem like a smart cat. My name is Griffon, but you can call me Grif."
His deep, slow voice was annoying Alex even more, but he didn't say anything.
"I wanted to ask you if you'd like to join a party of mine."
A party? So there IS a party?- thought Alex. Magnus was right..... This way enough to calm him down a bit, but he was still angry.
Depends.
"On what?"-asked Grif.
Where is this party you're talking about, and is there going to be any food there?
"It's not that far away. Food? Uhm... yeah! Yeah, there will be food."
"Not far away" is probably closer than our home.... but still, the way he said "yeah"... I don't know, really. Alex looked at Mai. Her smile returned as she heard the word "party", but it was obvious that she was dizzy. A decision had to be made fast.
Okay! We will go to that party of yours. I hope for your own good that it's real.

((OOC: Wow, long post for me O_o)
Richarson Valley

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison tried the doorknob.
'Locked. Not a real surprise.'
He grabbed the tools around his neck, and had the simple lock opened with about twenty seconds of minimal effort. He tried the knob again, and this time it opened.
"All too easy."
Venison began to walk up the staircase, seemingly used to barging into private places with no second thoughts.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle looked at Rav, unsure of what to do. Go after Magnus, or not? There was really no reason to believe that he was in danger. Those two cats were probably just a couple from a block or two away, probably old 'friends' that she had already forgotten about... she felt herself relax a bit, but her stomach still felt weird. She hesitated, then made her decision. "I guess I'll... stay. For now." She looked up. Was it getting dark? "But I'll have to leave in a while to find Mag and get home, of course. Don't want to miss supper." Her stomach growled, to accentuate her statement, and she grimaced. Oops. She'd forgotten to sell the stuff she had 'found'. Not good. She'd have to do that tonight. Use Ebay, or something. Ohterwise Mag would go hungry tomorrow, or possibly the day after. She eyed Rav and Balbaroy's staffs, looking curiously at the hook on the end of the latter's. "So. On with the lesson, I suppose. If you're ready, that is."

Meanwhile...
Magnus was trooping through the forest, following the dirt trail. Of course, he had been off trail when he had met Grif before, and he didn't even really know where this party was supposed to be, but that didn't really concern him. He had a gift for finding where he was supposed to be going. He'd just follow his feet, and eventually he'd get there. They were all traveling in relative silence, so he paused when he heard a commotion behind him. He turned, and was surprised to see Mai on the ground, being helped up by Alex. He opened his mouth to ask if she'd tripped over a root when Alex started yelling. Magnus jumped, and subconciously backed away a bit. He didn't like arguing. He remembered when his parents used to fight, a while ago, before Mom got real sick again. He hadn't liked it then, either. So he was starting to get upset when Grif suddenly materialized amongst them. "Grif!" he exclaimed in relief, nudging forward a bit towards the familiar dog. He had just noticed that it was getting darker out, the shadows stretching and deepening. The other dog held up a hand in silent greeting as he and Alex finished their conversation.
Okay! We will go to that party of yours. I hope for your own good that it's real.
Grif looked at the cat with great sincerity, letting integrity shine on his face. He could tell that this one wouldn't be as easily won over. He hoped he wouldn't have to dispose of this cat. Always a messy job. "I assure you that it's real. Now, if you'd all just step this way, we've only got about a five minute journey to go. Nearly there. The way is off path, though." He looked at Mai compassionately, taking in her conditon, sizing her up at the same time. Decent bone structure, though a bit thin. He couldn't help but observe her enthusiasm, even though she was obviously undernourished. Could be an asset, if trained properly. He gave her a warm smile to urge her on, and then turned to greet Magnus. "Hello, there, big guy. I thought that I wouldn't see you again anytime soon. But it looks like you've decided to join the party after all. Good for you! And bringing friends... the more the merrier, I always say." Three possible new recruits. Wonderful! He brandished a hand towards the side of the trail. "Now. Just this way, please. We'll be there soon."

Magnus shuffled off trail, giving Mai a concerned look and Alex a dubious one. He hoped Alex wasn't always so fast to anger. He didn't like it when people were angry. Magnus sidled next to Mai and looked down at her. "What happened back there?" He asked seriously, catching a glimpse of Grif's ears swiveling in their direction, listening to the conversation. "Are you sick?"
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:Pavelle looked at Rav, unsure of what to do. Go after Magnus, or not? There was really no reason to believe that he was in danger. Those two cats were probably just a couple from a block or two away, probably old 'friends' that she had already forgotten about... she felt herself relax a bit, but her stomach still felt weird. She hesitated, then made her decision. "I guess I'll... stay. For now." She looked up. Was it getting dark? "But I'll have to leave in a while to find Mag and get home, of course. Don't want to miss supper." Her stomach growled, to accentuate her statement, and she grimaced. Oops. She'd forgotten to sell the stuff she had 'found'. Not good. She'd have to do that tonight. Use Ebay, or something. Ohterwise Mag would go hungry tomorrow, or possibly the day after. She eyed Rav and Balbaroy's staffs, looking curiously at the hook on the end of the latter's. "So. On with the lesson, I suppose. If you're ready, that is."

Rav grips his staff in the middle.
Ok think of a staff as a defensive weapon first. you can block, parry, or deflect the opponents attack with your staff. then you can swat them with your staff.
If you have even seen how a kayak is paddled, your going to attack with your staff the same way. short quick swinging snaps, or sharp thrusts with the end of the stick, while holding it in the middle.. If you try to swing it like a club, your going to lose the defensive abilities, the enemy is going to be able to step in under the swing, or grab your staff, which would be bad!

Rav has balbaroy slowly swing his staff down like he is trying to hit rav over the his head..
Rav blocks with the middle of his staff, leaning an turning his staff to the left, he direct Balbaroy's staff off to the side, then he thrusts the end of his staff forward, stopping short of smacking Balbaroy in the nose.

See how you can turn an apponents attack away, opening them up for your own attack? An you should aim to hit them in the face or head,
Rav reverses his staff, swinging the other end up between balbaroy's legs in one smooth swift motion, stopping short of actually hitting him there.
Or crack them up between the legs, like your trying to neuter them with your stick.. smack them in the knee with the end of your staff, or sweep the staff up behind the knee, an trip them up.. with the hook you have, you can hook someone foot pretty good, an pull them off there feet.

Rav goes into the house an comes back out with several blankets, that he wraps around the trunks of two trees.. then he tapes paper plates where the head an groin are on the tree men.

Since we don't have padded weapons, we not going to practice are strikes on each other, so were going to beat up on these trees.

Rav, pokes pokes with his staff, as he shadow fights the tree, he steps up swinging his staff to the left in a quick snap with a loud CLACK! as he would have hit the treeman upside of its head.
he reverses and swings the other end around to Cerrraak the tree up in the other side..
He steps back an thrusts the end of the shaft up into the treemans face, groin, and knee in three fast sharp strikes..

that should you you two the basic idea.. lets see you two try it..

Rav hands his staff off to the coon an hobbles offan sitting down in a lawn chair with a wince, an panting heavilly..
Alex

Post by Alex »

caelei wrote:Always a messy job. "I assure you that it's real. Now, if you'd all just step this way, we've only got about a five minute journey to go. Nearly there.
Alex inspected the path Grif pointed to. The trees were tighter than on the road, so it was darker, there were grass and other plants growing everywhere, meaning it was easier to trip and harder to walk. It would be a real miracle for Mai to walk through that without completely losing her remaining energy.
caelei wrote:Magnus shuffled off trail, giving Mai a concerned look and Alex a dubious one. He hoped Alex wasn't always so fast to anger. He didn't like it when people were angry. Magnus sidled next to Mai and looked down at her. "What happened back there?" He asked seriously, catching a glimpse of Grif's ears swiveling in their direction, listening to the conversation. "Are you sick?"
N..no... I'm just.... tired. Alex' right, I really didn't have any food for more than 2 days, and this forest is exhausting me, and I was dizzy and foggy and I fell....
She bowed her head down.
Alex was right, after all. My stubborn behavior brought us here, in the middle of nowhere!
Tears showed up in her eyes again, while her ears were falling down.
I know how much he hates big crowds, and now I made him go to a party where there'll be only strangers to us. Not only that, but I brought myself in this stupid condition, and now he has to worry about me.... he always cared about me.... that's why he asked the dog if there will be food on this party.... I should really apologize to him....
Grif seemed like he's hearing every word Mai said, but Alex didn't. He either was too busy inspecting the road or he was so angry that he didn't care about what she has to say.
Please don't think bad of him.... he usually isn't like this... it's just that we just moved in, and he had to leave his band, and his only real friend he had.... although he's been called emotionless, it had its impact on him. I'm sure he'll be the old self soon, but right now..... ((OOC: Real friend except her, that is))
She wiped her tears, and walked to Alex. Another growl came from her stomach, but it was painful now. She pressed her paws against it.
Alex.... I.....-but Alex interrupted her.
Listen, Mai. I want you to hold on to me while we walk. Don't waste the rest of your energy. Watch where you step. Use me, put all of your weight on me. Come on, now.
He turned to Grif, who was still standing still, listening to the conversation.
Dog! Take us to this stupid party now!
Alex was against going to the party from the beginning, but it looked like he had no choice. Grif said that it's only about 5 minutes of walking, which was definitely closer than the town, that's now half an hour away. Grif stepped in front of him, as he lifted his arm and showed them to follow him.
Last edited by Alex on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richarson Valley

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

I'm getting too accustomed to following strangers he thought sighing and walking after the husky. "Com'on, this way" Surtr said going down a path "We're going down by the river, me and some friends made a little spot to talk and what-not" he said jumping off a small out cropping. "Oof, the reason i want to take you there so you actually know some people"
"Ah, so it won't be so *oof* Awkward?" Octavian said following him and listening to the sounds of the river. "yeah, just over there" Surtr said pointing to a medium sized clearing next to the river surrounded by trees filled with about 7 or 8 dogs and cats. most of the cats where sitting in trees and the rest where sitting on large rocks in a circle around the middle of the clearing. "Whats up guys?" Surtr said "Not much" "Just chilling" "sitting here talking" was the babble that followed. "Guys and gals, This is Octavian he is the new guy" Surtr said introducing Octavian to every one "More like the 'Newist' guy, Griffin has so many new recruits now a days, its more chaos then I'd like" said a Grey and white spotted cat. "Yeah, there's a rumor going around that Griffin might have to find some more sleeping quarters" said a dog on a rock. "Well, i have to go but these guys are real friendly, just mingle and you'll be fine" Surtr whispered to Octavian. "okay" Octavian said waving good bye as Surtr walked away.

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

"Very soon," came a voice from the front.
Pyxis smiled while looking out the window, holding his box tightly.
He had been waiting all day for this moment. He obviously couldn't keep himself contained from all the excitement that was building inside him.
"How soon?" Pyxis asked relentlessly.
"See that?" His Dad pointed at a bridge that they just crossed over. "We are in the neighborhood already."
Pyxis gazed out the window to discover he could barely see anything.
"Where's our house?" asked Pyxis while leaning over to make out what was outside.
Skipping a street, they turned right.
"On this street." Replied Dad, "At the end of the road on the left."
They drove in the driveway accidentally hitting part of the curve as they enter the driveway.
Pyxis opened the door and peered out. "Whoa!" Looking up at the two story house.
Pyxis looked around "Can i look around the neighborhood right now?" He pleaded.
"Not right now, perhaps tomorrow." said Dad yawning.
"Aw." Pyxis whined.
"I'll show you your room." Dad said smiling.
"Yay!" Running inside from the excitement, but running out as quickly as he ran in. "Oops forgot something."
He grabbed his box that was on the car seat. "Ok ready."
His Dad laughed "Always eager to examine everything."
Pyxis nodded and walked inside then looked back wondering what tomorrow would bring.
Make Pasta not war.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle accepted the staff, holding it in her hands awkwardly. She tried twirling it around like Rav has earlier and dropped it, then reached down to retrieve it with her face burning in embarrassment. She took a couple half-hearted swings at the tree, in the process jarring her own arms at the elbows, twisting her wrist. She dropped the stick again, feeling self-conscious. She just wasn't used to using weapons, not of any sort or size. She hardly ever fought anyways, and only when necessary. And then it was always just a couple quick, short jabs to buy herself enough time to find an escape route. She looked helplessly at Rav, then turned to see if Balbaroy was using his stick to whack the tree. "Um. I don't think I'm doing this right." She picked the stick up again clumsily, glad nobody else was around to see her be such a failure.

Meanwhile...
Magnus listened with interest to Mai, then watched her walk off to talk to Alex. He felt a sort of lonely pang go off within him. He wished Pavelle was here. Then he'd have someone to talk to also. He had a bright idea, and went up to Grif to consult him about it. "Hey, Grif?" he asked, giving the other dog the classic 'give-me-what-I-want-puppy-dog look', "Can we go back and get my sister? She loves parties, too." It was only a little fib. Or a big one. Pavelle wasn't really at home in parties unless there was something to steal. He saw Grif's hesitation, and added, "Pretty please with a cherry on top?" Smiling hopefully.

Grif looked at Magnus, thinking. Would Magnus join the cause without his sister? Probably, if they could get him to forget about her. But how long would that take? Weeks, months? Longer? One dog wasn't worth that time. So he could send a couple of the pack out to retrieve the sister, but then what if she wouldn't commit? Then Grif would just have to get rid of both of them, because if the sister said no, he was sure Magnus would too. And he really hated the possibility of wasting fresh talent. Because Magnus, with his low intelligence and tall stature, would make one heck of a mindless thug after a bit of time with the others. And who knew? If this sister was anything like Magnus, they could have two brainwashed troops within a week. Plus the one they had already brought in today, Octavian, who was already pratically part of the cause. And then there were the two cats... he'd have to find some way to get the male to agree to join, and then the female would probably follow suit. All in all a very productive week.

He looked at Magnus' face. "Okay. Tell you what. We'll just join the party and then I'll have a couple friends of mine go out and find your sister. But I'll need her name, and your address, and a physical description of her." At Magnus' blank stare, he revised his speech. "Okay. Her name, what she looks like, and what your house looks like. Got it?" Magnus seemed to comprehend, and nodded dutifully.

"Her name is Pavelle. Pavelle Nelson. She's a 'coon'. Gray. With black on her face and tail. And she wears a collar with a sprakly red thing in front. Our house is a big, yellow box near the edge of the woods." Magnus looked earnestly at Grif. "How long will it take to get her?"

Grif thought that maybe this was the stupidest dog he had ever seen, but said nothing of the sort, of course. Magnus was just too keen to offer all that information up to a pretty much complete stranger. he would have to get someone to teach him out of that habit. He found himself shaking his head, and stopped abruptly. "It'll take half an hour to an hour and a half." He watched Magnus' ears droop in disappointment, and reached up to lay a reassuring paw on the taller dog's shoulder. "There, there. The time will surely fly." He paused, signaling for the others to stop walking, too. "Okay," he said, smile stretching across pointed teeth, "we're here. Party time." And with that, he ushered the small group into a large, natural clearing.

At the edge of the clearing were groups of two-to-three shabbily-constructed tents, and in the middle was a small bonfire, one just small enough not to attract attention from its smoke. A large group of an assortment of animals, from cats and dogs to a coyote, couple foxes and other naturally wild animals, were either lounging by the sides of the clearing or sparring near the fire or dozing in basic-made hammocks. As the group entered, an eery silence fell on the camp, as each member of the pack took time out of their activities to give the newcomers a once over. Grif ignored this. "Make yourselves at home. There's food in that direction," he gestured towards one particular cluster of tents, "and places to sleep over there, if you feel the need. Mingle. Enjoy. Come to me if you want anything, even to leave. I'll escort you personally home, to ensure you don't get lost. We are, after all, located a bit off trail and I wouldn't want anybody getting confused in the woods." He patted Magnus once more on the shoulder, waved to Mai and Alex, and then walked off to two dogs sparring near the bonfire. "Kiko, Lynx. I want you to go find a raccoon, female, named Pavelle Nelson, and bring her here. She most likely lives in a two-story house, yellow, near the edge of the woods in the town over by our traps. Please bring her quietly, and make sure that no humans see. We can afford to deal with a pet or two, but humans are always hard to predict. Be back withing two hours, please." The two dogs nodded and skulked off into the surrounding trees.

Grif stalked over to his tent. Once inside, he pulled out a journal and marked down the new arrivals. He couldn't really hear any conversation through the material of the walls as he wrote, but he could guess that each and every one of his pack would do their part to get these new pets to convert. He had trained them all to accept the new recruits and teach them the camp's ways through casual conversation.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison began creeping up the stairs and looking around. 'Very simple apartment. Not much.' Venison snuck around looking for whatever might give him a clue to the black cat's location...

Snoring.

Venison heard snoring.

He crept through another doorway, silently opening the door. Looks like two pets were sleeping in. Dee-caff was on one bed, while the twitchy black cat was tossing and turning in his sleep. 'Well, that answers that question...But I can't very well wake them up, can I?'

Then he spotted the laptop. 'Hmm...' Venison put his face up to the screen. Not only was the computer logged in, it had some kind of admin control panel open... 'for a news blog?' Venison looked over his shoulder at the sleeping twitchy cat. 'I wonder how fast I can type without waking someone up.'

*tack*
*tickty*
*clackty*

Venison wasn't a fast typist, but as long as the point got across without anyone being woken up... 'I wonder if he'll think he wrote this in his sleep or something. It's not like my style of writing is like his...oh well.' He posted the new story, warning pets of the woods, complete with eyewitness quotes. Or at least what Venison could remember. It was a quality news story, much more serious compared to Espresso's usual fair.

Venison crept down the stairs, locking the door behind him. The two other pets were still shuffling around in the coffee shop, examining things.

"Come'on. We're good to go."

_______Back at Rav's_______

Venison peered over the fence, noting why Pavelle was dropping her stick.

"You need to tense up your arm when you strike; it levels the shock through the arm, makes for a more powerful hit and automatically tightens your grip so the staff doesn't bounce out of your hand." Venison noted that Pavelle's face was flush with embarrassment. "What? Human fighting tactics are difficult to get a hang of, but are very useful. Gives you a particular advantage over ferals that fight with a crude animal based style, very useful for those situations..."

"Oh, you really think so?"

Two dogs hopped over the fence, though they both had somewhat of a cat like appearance...

"Out of curiosity, do you guys have cat names?" Venison asked.

One of the dogs scowled. "We've been looking for that 'coon behind you. Hand her over and we'll scram."

"Oh? A couple of questions before I consider yours. First, for whom are you carrying out this order? Second, why are you carrying out this order? Third, what do you even think you can accomplish if the lot of us refuse?"

"We'll beat your ***** into the dirt. You're not fooling anyone. One's a cripple, two don't know how to fight, and you're a twig. So just hand her over."

"Hmm. I see. You wouldn't mind waiting for just a moment, while I prepare, would you?"

"It won't make a difference. Let's see what last words you have."

"Not for me, but for her. I graciously thank you for the extra time. Pavelle, listen up, if you please. Head to head fighting is usually a last resort option when your advisory can not be reasoned with or ran from, such as this case. While you would hopefully not have to use..."

"Nutcase, you're boring us. Get on with it."

"Fine. The point, Pavelle, is watch closely. You can learn a lot by observation." Venison kicked the staff upward from the ground and spun in a circle as he caught it, adopting a fighting stance with the staff as he completed his spin. "Now for some simple fighting theory. Against a real opponent, make sure you follow through for the hit, for this adds extra momentum to their fall. Your best aim is to knock them to the floor with the least hits, and leave them little time for recovery."

"You're seriously going to try to fight us with a stick."
"You were right, he is a nutcase."

"Oy, nutcase this." Venison slid his right hand to the base of the staff and did a full frontal lunge-stab, catching one of the feral dogs in the stomach, knocking the dog onto his back, and then quickly returned his hands to a neutral position on the staff. "As you can see, one of the greater advantages to a weapon like this is it's ability to be a long and short range weapon, allowing you..."

"You little...!" The other dog lunged at Venison, claws out, but Venison swiftly blocked his attack, following it with a sidestep...

"...to easily counter and perry close attacks..."

Venison brought the staff down on the center of the dog's back, sending the feral face first into the dirt. By now, the other feral was back on his feet, and approching.

"...while keeping other threats at bay and out of range."

Venison swung the staff roundhouse over his head and caught the approaching feral in his face, sending him to the floor again.

"The basic idea being to keep whatever you can at range, away from you, while laying a quick beatdown on anything that gets too close by countering. Remember that it usually takes only one solid hit to stagger someone with average endurance, so if you really need to down somebody quickly, follow up with successive hits after a successful stagger hit, then send them to the floor. Otherwise..."

The dog that Venison had hit in the back was once again up, and about to attack.

"They have this nasty tendency of getting back up."

Venison swung the lower end of the staff for an underhand hit to the feral's stomach to stagger him in place, then followed up with a right to left swing with the upper part of the staff, staggering him to the left. Venison finished off with a high aimed lauch kick to the chest, sending the dazed dog back a good 7 feet.

"A fairly standard combo, if you will. Now, on non-incapacitated, but fully stunned enemies, like this here dog on the floor that I hit with the overhead roundhouse, can be easily finished off with a well placed blow. This is generally called a...'coo-de-gra'? I don't know how to spell that, but that's how it sounds...it's French, I think."

"Ahhhhhh! Don't kill me! It's not like I wanted the 'coon! Grif wanted us to get her!"
"Who is Grif? Tell me. Now."
"The forest leader! Our pack leader! Who will hopefully kill human corrupt scum like you..."
"How smart, talking like that to the person holding a stick over your face..." Venison's ear twitched...and he roundhouse swung the staff behind him, catching the other feral who apparently wasn't quite put down by the combo.
"Lucky for you, I just took that out on your friend there. Just stay down, please. I don't get to interrogate often, and I hate being inturrupted. Now where was I...? Oh, yes. 'Human corrupt scum?'"
"We'll get rid of all the corruption set in place by the humans! Even you!"
"You plan to do this, even though a 'twig' just nailed your *** to the floor? Quite unlikely. If you really want to get back to nature, I can just pull a 'survival of the fittest' on your face right now..."
"NO! Don't kill me! We came for the 'coon because Grif needed her to keep some new guy company! Tall, brown, strong looking guy."
"..."
"Why are you looking at me like..."

*crack*
*crack*

"That should put them both out for a couple of hours. We should just lock them in the kennel for now, then we go get Mangus. AGAIN. Com'on and help. Dragging semi-alive bodies isn't easy for me."

(OOC: Whooooooooooooooo-ee! That's a long one!)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:Pavelle accepted the staff, holding it in her hands awkwardly. She tried twirling it around like Rav has earlier and dropped it, then reached down to retrieve it with her face burning in embarrassment. She took a couple half-hearted swings at the tree, in the process jarring her own arms at the elbows, twisting her wrist. She dropped the stick again, feeling self-conscious. She just wasn't used to using weapons, not of any sort or size. She hardly ever fought anyways, and only when necessary. And then it was always just a couple quick, short jabs to buy herself enough time to find an escape route. She looked helplessly at Rav, then turned to see if Balbaroy was using his stick to whack the tree. "Um. I don't think I'm doing this right." She picked the stick up again clumsily, glad nobody else was around to see her be such a failure.
Rav gets up, and staggers over, an snuggles up against Pavelle's back, grasping the staff with her.
Most of the time your going to want to keep your staff up an moving fending off there attacks.
An then there is the theory of Che', think of it as unseen energy that's all around us. you want to gather it up into a ball in your body, then when you strike, you want to feel it moving down your arms an into the staff, an traveling down to the tip to hit your enemy with extra power..

Moves up an back behind Pavelle holding her close as he moves with her to fend off the trees attacks with the staff. alt. between defending with the staff lengthwise, an keeping the tree at bay with quick jabs with the end of the staff.
now there is are opening.. an remember we want to strike hard an fast! without warning, so they can't block, or worse grab are staff.
he says. jabing the end of the shaft up into the paper plate "face", the end of the staff going THOK! up against padded tree, an making a staffed shaped hole in the plate..
He steps back, swing the other end of the staff around with a snarling growl, Pavelle feels the end of the staff cleave through an 1-1/2" branch like it wasn't there. as the broken tree branch falls, he steps back in, reversing the swing, jabing the end of the staff down into the tree mans groin. TOCK! Grrrrrrr..

You hit some one like that, there not going to be getting back up for a very long time... if at all.
What do you think, concussion? missing an eye?, broken jaw? an most deffently having a broken arm now, an is now laying on the ground, holding his scambled eggs, begging us to not hit him again..

Rav Licks Pavelle reassuringly between her ears..

holdfully we will never have to battle anyone, an if we do, you can keep people away from you until me or Venison can come an, put a major hurting on them.

Rav steps back, an lets Pavelle have at the tree again..

(OOC now Venison post above takes place.. wasn't going to trash an rewrite ..too lazy :P)

Rav retreats keeping Balbaroy An Pavelle out of the fray.. watch an learn..

After the battle, Rav checks on the layed out dogs, seeing if there alive. then helps drag the two dogs into the kennel.. after removing the PS2, remotes, an most of the padding an blankets
He then goes into his Mom's room an comes back with a different key, an locks the deadbolt to the kennel door, "Snick!"
Even venison would have a lot of problems getting out with that locked.. the only keyhole opening is on the outside of the door.

Rav hobbles up to Venison,
You going to need speed or firepower to get Magus back?
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Speed, Rav. Sorry, not this time; you've got a broken leg. I'm stealthing this one," Venison said him. "It's quite simple. I sneak in, get Mangus, sneak out...unless there's problems...Rav, do you have any extra AA batteries? Hopefully I won't need them, but..."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:"Speed, Rav. Sorry, not this time; you've got a broken leg. I'm stealthing this one," Venison said him. "It's quite simple. I sneak in, get Mangus, sneak out...unless there's problems...Rav, do you have any extra AA batteries? Hopefully I won't need them, but..."

Sure we stock pile batteries of all types.. never know when the powers going to be out.. how many do you need?.

Rav checks on the captives... before returning with a 24 pack of AA batteries.

Mom's going to be home from work any minute now. How am i going to explain are new.... Ummm roommates.. all beaten up in the kennel?
IF i or she calls animal control to come get them, they're going to take me away too.

Rav sits an thinks...

IF we kill them, then you will have to go an git rid of the bodies, instead of saving Magnus.

Or.. I could call my trainer, I trust him, an he is very understanding...BUT he is not going to believe i beat them up, an the strays are going to say you did.. an that will put animal control after you..
Unless, your going to submit to being collared by Mom. then you were just defending me, an the other pets here at your home.
An Mom will confirm that she did offer to take in a stray..
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"The problem, Rav, is that you are attempting to operate over the table, as opposed to under it. It's very simple. These two pets, when we get a chance, will mysteriously show up at an animal shelter. Nobody will know who dropped them off. They will be sheltered, and if they were former pets, go home. Or, we could work at them, un-brainwash them, and then get them to wherever they need to go, or we can just let them go. I beat the crap out of them once, and I can do it again if they get unruly. You work with the system when it works for you; otherwise you do your own dealings, keep secrets as per necessary; ask Sara to stay hush about this for the time being. Nobody cares about abducted ferals..."

"But killing is never an option, Rav. I've assisted a couple of accidents out of self-defense, but those were extenuating circumstances. Straight up cold-blooded murder doesn't sit with me. Thanks for the batteries. The only problem with a tazer knife is that it needs a power source. 'Reloading' this thing in combat is a pain."

Venison pulled out the Balishock and flipped it halfway open with a blazing speed, making Rav jump slightly. "Oh, by the way. This thing actually only works when it's completely open. Otherwise the circuit isn't complete; it's a safety feature. But if someone is hit as the circuit is completing...ouch for them." Venison exchanged the batteries, then shoved 12 of the extra batteries into his pockets.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:"The problem, Rav, is that you are attempting to operate over the table, as opposed to under it.
What can i say, i've been broken to submit to the system... well mostly..He cackles..
These two pets, when we get a chance, will mysteriously show up at an animal shelter. Nobody will know who dropped them off. They will be sheltered, and if they were former pets, go home. Or, we could work at them, un-brainwash them, and then get them to wherever they need to go, or we can just let them go.
ask Sara to stay hush about this for the time being. Nobody cares about abducted ferals..."
Mom is going to freak!!.. She zapped me out of a tree, because she thought i was chasing a cat.rolling his eyes.
An i don't see us keeping hostile feral's captive, is going to go over well with her at all..

Hey, we could drag these guys back outside an have Pavelle call animal control!.. "HELP!! there was a fight between two feral gangs! an there are two are two ferals laying hurt out in the street, come help them..!!" You think her acting could get them to believe that story?

"But killing is never an option, Rav. I've assisted a couple of accidents out of self-defense, but those were extenuating circumstances. Straight up cold-blooded murder doesn't sit with me.[/quote]
Remind me to never tell you about my deer hunting stories then..
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex turned to see Grif talking to 2 dogs, and then they all walked away in different directions. None of the animals around them had a collar. They were all serious, some of them even injured. One thing's clear: This definitely isn't a party. What was going on? He didn't know, and right now, he didn't care.
Mai. Can you walk to the tents that dog pointed us to? He said there's some food there.
Mai was looking worse than ever. Her eyes were half-closed, and she couldn't hold her back straight. She was breathing fast. No answer came from her.

Alex lifted her up, putting one hand under her knees, and the other behind her shoulders. As he walked towards the tents, most of the animals were turning their heads to get a look at them again. The tent was closer and closer, and Alex couldn't wait to get in. He hated being watched, and now all these animals' look is locked on him.
Please let the tent be empty. Please let it be empty!-thought Alex, as he finally entered the tent. To his relief, it was empty. There was a table with raw meat on it, without any tables, forks, knives or anything else that can be found in every kitchen. He lowered Mai onto the ground, and chopped a piece of the meat, bringing it to his nose.
*Sniff*
Hm.... it's not rotten, and it's not poisoned. But it's definitely raw. Mai isn't used to eat raw meat.... I don't know how her stomach will accept it, but this is the only possibility I have.
He knelt down in front of Mai, and put the piece of meat into her mouth. She was still awake, but she was hardly aware of her surrounding.
Mai! Chew it! Can you hear me!? Chew!
His efforts were useless. He quickly took the meat out of her mouth, before she choked on it, and threw it away. She needed the vet, and she needed him fast. Alex lifted her up the same way he did before, and walked outside, ready to leave. But how? Looking around the clearing made him realize soon enough that he forgot how he got here.
I was too busy worrying about Mai.... how do I get out? muffins and cookies! I'll have to ask Grif. I don't like that dog one bit.
Since there was no other choice, Alex found himself quickly in front of the tent Grif walked into, with Mai in his arms. He walked in. It was definitely a larger tent than the one with the food in it. Grif was sitting at a table to the right, writing something. There were 2 more dogs in the tent, standing at each side of the table.
Grif!
The dog turned to Alex. Once he saw Mai, he put on a concerned look on his face.
"What? What's wrong with her?" Quickly, he stood up and walked towards Alex, placing himself between him and the door.
Show me the way out! I need to take her home!
"I insist to tell me what's wrong with her. I'm sure we can help her."
Again, Alex figured that it was a bad moment to start any arguing, so he quickly explained to Grif what's wrong. Grif looked at him, with a slight disappointing look.
"And I thought you were smarter than this. Or at least, a better listener. I already told you where the tent with the food is."
These word left quite an impact on Alex. Redness covered his face, as his eyebrows lowered down.
AND HOW DO YOU EXPECT HER TO EAT WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO CHEW OR SWALLOW?! SHE NEEDS AN INFUSION!!!
Grif backed away, but he quickly recovered. It was his turn to get angry.
"HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE NEEDS?! NATURE HAS A CURE FOR EVERYTHING, AND WE DON'T NEED THAT MEDICINE CRAP THAT HUMANS COME UP WITH!"
How I know? THIS HAPPENED BEFORE, YOU IDIOT!
"Really?"- Grifs' voice was calm again. "Well, if that's the case, I will escort you out, but will you return?"
Alex looked at him. A moment of silence followed. The air was filled with anger and confusion.
Return? Why would I do that? As if there's something interesting here. Once he said this, he remembered why they came here anyway.
So wait.... tell me, what's going on here, anyway! This is definitely not a party!
"That's it. There are no more reasons to hide the truth. It's join us or be disposed now, and as I can see, these 2 cats definitely aren't able to fight currently, with one of them being unconscious and the other both paws full. Besides, there are 3 of us." -thought Grif. He inhaled deeply before he spoke again.
"Okay. Since you won't return, I guess I'll have to tell you now what's going on. We are animals, and as such, we should be able to do what we want. The humans have polluted our world, and they "domesticated" us, making us their slaves, children or whatever. We, the feral animals think it is WRONG! And we cannot watch it anymore! That's why we are planning to destroy the humans and the human corrupt scum like YOU! That is, of course, if you don't join us."
After Grif finished, Alex looked at him with a disgusted look on his face. A moment of silence came in again. Finally, Alex spoke.
You are crazy. I don't know what they did to you, but you are crazy. MOVE!
His brain was working 100 mph. If he says "Yes", they won't let him leave, but if he says "No", they'll kill both him and Mai. What should he do?
"So that's a no....." Grif sighed, and closed his eyes. "Well, if that's the case, then...."
This was his chance! With Grifs' eyes closed, Alex let Mai's legs fall to the ground, freeing his right arm. With a swift move, his claws were out, and he swung them to Grif, hitting his face with all of his strength! His blood gushed out, splashing Alex' arm. The impact was enough to bounce Grif a good meter to the side, causing him to fall to the ground. The 2 dogs that were standing at the table jumped towards him and knelt down, checking if he's alright. It was enough time for Alex to grab Mai again and run out. He heard "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! GET THEM!!!" behind him, but he didn't care. He was running with all he's got. In front of him appeared yet another huge dog. It looked like it was over...... but it wasn't, as Alex recognized Magnus, standing there where they left him. Not only that, but it was enough for Alex to remember where they came from.
MAGNUS!!! RUN!
Alex turned to the right, and ran into the forest. He didn't look behind to see if Magnus heard him, or if he started running. He didn't turn to see if Grif or his fighters followed him. He just ran.
"Run faster!"
"Where is he?!"
"He's fast!"
"He'll run out of energy!"
According to these voices, the feral pack was getting nearer to Alex. He'll have to confuse them somehow. After a couple of more seconds of running, he found himself on the road where he first met Grif.
They'll expect me to follow the road straight into the town!
With this one thought, he decided not to turn to the left and follow the road, but to continue into the forest in front of him.
But wait! What did Magnus say? "Watch out for shiny stones, they make gravity turn". The rope traps! At this speed, I might fall in one of them.
At the edge of the forest, he turned to the left after all, and all he could do is run. He sped up, if that was even possible, panting faster and faster.
"Where did he go?"
"We'll split up! Crusher, Medo, you go to the right! Me and Vechid will go to the left!"
The voices he heard were getting stiller, as the distance between him and the, apparently 4 animals who followed him, increased. That was good, they lost time by splitting up on the road. Now if Alex only could run faster......
To his advantage, it was getting dark. It was harder to notice a black cat when it's dark, but the tip of his tail was white. He hugged himself with it as he ran, placing the tip on his belly.
After, what seemed to him, a couple of hours of running, he finally found himself on the street of the town. Panting fast, he couldn't run anymore. His legs felt like jelly, and couldn't support him anymore. He fell to the ground, dropping Mai forwards.
Mai......
He lifted his head to look at her, and shocked once he saw blood. Was it her blood or Grifs' that he smeared over her?
I... have... to... get.... up.....
Alex tried to stand up, pushing himself with all of his limbs, but it was hard and painful- the running exhausted him to the max. Once he was on his feet again, hard pain hit his chest, and he started panting even faster, but to no avail. Fog covered his eyes, and he fell backwards, hitting his head on the hard street. Blood started gushing out of it, as he fell unconscious.

(OOC: The ending of the post was rushed, since my friend came and reminded me that we have to go to school today >.<. Long post O_o)
Richarson Valley

caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle stood back and watched Venison beat the crap out of the two feline-looking dogs. They had come for her. And they were ferals. And they had Magnus. She squirmed in place as Venison delievered the final blows, putting them unconscious with two sharp cracks. What to do? They way she looked at it, there were three possibilites, each tugging at her, making her divided. She could run off into the woods and do whatever she could to save Magnus, she could take a bunch of pets into the forest and hopefully muscle Magnus out of harm's way, or she could go home and tell her parents and let the humans do the rescuing. She looked up, and found that it was getting dark out. She felt her hands start to shake, and clenched them into fists, trying not to show her fear. Her eyes flickered towards the woods, the dark trees looking menacing, their shadows and arm-like branches seeming to reach out towards her. And then a figure ran from the woods onto the street, and then collapsed. Her heart skipped a beat and then she was running towards the prone figure. It had to be Magnus, it just had to. Please let him be alive, please let him be okay, she pleaded silently. She sprinted up to the figure, but it wasn't her brother, just two unfamiliar cats. For a second she felt a pang of disappointment that they were not her brother, injured or not, returned home. Then she felt concern. They weren't moving. She knelt over them, and was surprised to see blood. She shrieked and felt sick, retreating a good ten feet away, trying to keep from totally freaking out. Blood. She hated blood. "Venison, Rave, anyone! Help!" She figured that was the fastest way to get them to come to her. She looked helplessly at the two cats, shuddering, hating that she was too weak to help them. They seemed to be breathing, which was good.

Meanwhile...
Magnus was undecided. For a couple moments, he just stood there, trying to figure out what to do. To join the ones at the fire, who seemed to be playing some sort of one-on-one party game, to go to the food tent (because he was starting to feel hungry again), or to go to the sleep tent and wait for Grif's friends to fetch Pavelle. Before he could decide, however, he heard angry yelling and turned towards that direction. Just as he was completing his turn, Alex ran past, carrying Mai, and yelled for Magnus to run. Magnus followed the order immediately, but did not understand where he was supposed to run, and so took off in the wrong direction. He heard a commotion behind him and made out the words, "Don't let them escape!", and then all of Grif's partying friends turned towards him and ran at him.

Someone tackled his legs from behind at around knee height and he went down, hard. One tackle wouldn't stop him, though. He turned onto his back and kicked both his feet, knocking them squarely onto the tackler's chest, knocking the animal into the air to land a while away in some bushes. Magnus scrambled onto his feet but there were already two more of Grif's friends there, gripping him tightly, keeping him from running off. He managed to shake one of them off, but the other, during this time, had found a good-sized rock and clenched his fist around it, bringing it into Magnus' abdomen three, then four times, driving the air out of his lungs, bringing him down to one knee. Magnus swung out angrily with one large fist, catching the unsuspecting animal on the jaw, knocking him to the ground. Magnus got back onto two feet but before he could take more than five steps towards the forest, four more of the attackers attached to his body, two on his left arm and one to each leg. He pulled his arm towards him, dragging the two cats holding it in with the motion until they were close to his torso, and then wrapped his free arm around their scrawny little necks, the inner part of his elbow hooking around their juggulars, squeezing as hard as he could. They quickly released his left arm to pry at his right, so he used his newly freed limb to tighten his hold on them, until they were gasping for breath. Then he leaned forward and bodyslammed them into the ground, crushing their little forms with his big one. He rolled off them onto his back, the two animals, fox and dog, still clinging to his legs, biting and clawing. He curved his body and rocked onto his upper back, bringing his legs into the air. He brought his legs apart and then smashed the two animals together with all his might. They collided, heads smacking into each other, and crumpled to the ground. He scrambled back onto his feet but there were three more attackers already there, grabbing at him. One of them climbed onto his back and went for his neck, trying to strangle him into submission. Magnus reached back and grabbed that one by the scruff of his neck, dragging him off his back and swinging the animal like some sort of weapon into the other two, knocking them off their feet into a pile on the ground. Magnus dropped on top of them, bringing his knees into their bodies, hearing strange popping, cracking noises as he did so. He got off them but five more had arrived, three of them latching to his legs, trying to get him to the ground where he'd be easier prey. He tried to fight them off but tripped and fell, and they scrambled on top of him, hitting and kicking and biting and clawing at every part of his body that they could. More and more animals were piling on top of him and their own comrades, joining the fray. Magnus curled into a protective ball, trying to keep his stomach area safe from harm. One of the animals had the presence of mind to wrap their little arms around his neck, and started to choke him out. He tried to roll back and forth, to confuse/dislodge as many of Grif's pack as he could, but there were just too many of them to do any substantial damage. It was like trying to fight an army by himself. He couldn't breathe and his vision was blacking over, his limbs starting to slacken. This gave the animals an opening and they took it, forcing his unresponding body out of its protective position, kicking his sides and kidneys, punching his stomach. He tried to move his arms to hit back defensively, but they flopped around uselessly; tried to kick his feet but they, too, disobeyed his want for action. He felt his body relax all the way under the assault, and felt one moment of nothingness -without pain, confusion, or a sense of betrayal - and then he was unconsious.

Grif released Magnus' neck and wiped his blood away from his eyes, wincing from the sting of the nasty cut he had recieved from the male cat. He looked around, surveying the damage. Magnus had taken out at least nine of his troops alone, and who knew how many more were incapacitated in some way? He whistled once and his pack let go of Magnus' limp body. "Some fight, eh?" he asked them, smirking, and they snickered. "Now, I'd like for you guys to take care of the wounded, and would some of you drag Magnus over to a tree and tie him to it? Wouldn't want him to wake up untethered. Oh, and can two of you please watch over him? Make sure nobody goes near him and call when he wakes." Grif took one last look at Magnus and stalked off to his tent. The others did what he asked, carrying their wounded to the "infirmary" and taking care of Magnus. Then most of them, save the two guarding their prisoner, headed towards the fire to recount the day's battle and possibly get some sleep.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison heard Pavelle's yelling. "What now, I wonder?" He walked outside to see two pets lying on the asphalt.

"Why? Just why?" Venison said aloud, complaining.

Venison rushed over as he pulled out his first aid kit, but eerily stopped about 15 feet away, surveying the scene. Then he continued moving forward, after he saw no immediate danger.

"Small gash in the head for one...the other I can't tell...crap. Doesn't look like any outward injuries...both are pretty unconscious..."

Venison quickly pulled out some gauze and began applying pressure to the black cat's head wound, to slow and hopefully stop the bleeding from the gash.

"D*** it. It's so much harder to do this when dealing with fur..." The bleeding began to slow, and then nearly stop, at which point Venison began warping a bandage around the cat's head, to keep the gauze in place.

'Now for the real lifesaver...' Venison pulled out a small bottle of smelling-salts out of the first aid kit. 'Com'on, wakey wakey.' Both pets began to stir. "Now, someone has to call 911, okay? Anyone. Jester, Lucky, Rav, Pavelle, or...I still don't know your name, you blondish dog. You found four animals, passed out on the road. It looks like two pets were fighting with two ferals, and the end result was all of them passing out from some kind of injury. You found them, used some basic first aid on the severe bleeding 'hurry case' over here, and then brought them all inside. Please deal with this, while I go do something about Mangus."

Venison grabbed his first aid kit and turned tail, heading into the woods.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis yawned, not the kind of yawing when your sleepy, but the kind where your bored. He sat up on his bed, if you could call it that, basically it was a mattress without a sheet and no blanket. He yawned again, and stood up, he looked around to notice that his room was completely empty. “this is boring” he thought to himself as he paced around the room in a circle. “I just want to take a look around,” he stopped, “Why not now?” He was already conveniently next to the window when he thought that, “going out wouldn’t hurt anyone,” he quickly unlocked the window and lifted it halfway, peering outside to find a tree a few feet away from his window. Pyxis leaned out and grabbed the branch and pushed away from the window, finding himself hanging about 20 feet above the ground, he slid his hands until he reached the tree trunk, from there he climbed down with ease. At the bottom he noticed that his backyard was just as empty as his room, he shrugged and took a few steps to the street when he heard someone yelling for help. Without thinking Pyxis dashed down the street, he knew it was close, but didn’t know where, he reached the end of the street slightly panting, and scanned around to see where it could have possibly came from. Suddenly out of the corner of his vision he saw movement going into the woods. He spun to see figures in the distance, “ I better see what’s going on” he told himself, as he crept closer he could see the figures turning out to be two cats that were on the street, and a raccoon. Pyxis decided to run up to the raccoon, “Are you ok?” Until he asked that, he felt a little awkward for asking a dumb question.
Make Pasta not war.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Balbaroy, having drifted off somewhere, is now wondering in the woods with his stick, wondering just what to do with the rest of his day. He looks up at the sun, looks like it's around 7 pm. He still had a couple of hours to get home. He would wander around in the forest a little bit and then go ho- "Ooh, shiny rock!" As he bends over to pick it up he finds himself the victim of one of many of Grif's snares.

------------------

Lucky looks around nervously, and then spots it. The large white van, and for the first time in his life he did so at an inopportune moment. Just as the animal control officers (the very same two he framed) caught a loop around his neck and started dragging him towards the van, as the other pulls his collar off and throws it in the bushes. It all happens quickly and quietly, all except the van doors closing. (This all happening on the way back to the house, which is why he hasn't participated and they don't try to control the current happenings.)
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle was about to yell at Venison to wait up when Pyxis appeared out of nowhere, detaining her. She looked at him, slightly exasperated, then sighed. "Yeah. I'm fine. But these two might not be." She gestured towards the two cats on the sidewalk, picturing the blood from before, feeling squeamish. "Oh, hey. Do you have a phone. Can you call 911? Please? Thanks. Tell them that these two got into a fight with two ferals. The ferals are around here somewhere." She looked back towards Rav's house, then towards the woods. She controlled a shiver. "Now, excuse me. I'm going in there." And she ran off into the woods after Venison. Immediately after she entered the treeline, she regreted coming in alone. "Venison?" she called nervously, going forward into the trees at a slow jog, looking around for him. It was kind of hard to see through the shadows. She swallowed dryly. "Venison?"
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis, slightly confused of what’s going on, looked down at the two injured cats. “Don’t worry you two,” whispering as he started searching his back, but quickly escalated to panic, he forgot his box which contained everything he owned, including his phone. “Arg!” yelling out in frustration as he pounded his fists onto the street. “Helpless,” he thought, looking up he noticed a nearby house. “Hey!’ yelling as loud as he could, “call 911!” Looking back down at the two bloody cats, “sorry for not being much help,” standing up he walked to the edge of the woods, which started looking like death, he shuddered. “she said she was fine,” reassuring himself. He started walking a few yards in the direction of his house, when he recalled words that stopped him. “Ferals,” he said aloud, looking back at the cats. He tilted his head back and moaned, turning around, he started running into the woods muttering, “Pyxis, what have you gotten yourself into?”
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison dropped out from a tree.

"What; are you guys doing here!?! Pavelle you were freaked out by the woods earlier; what makes you think it's a good idea to go in at night."
Venison spun around.

"And you, cat I've never seen, get out of here...there's problems in the woods. Ferals. Just get out of here." (OOC: Talking to Pyxis)
He turned back to Pavelle.

"If you do decide to come, you have to promise you won't freak out, and stay quiet! If you blow our cover, they outnumber us, and then we're gonna have to hightail it without Mangus, and the last thing I want to have happen is him getting nabbed by animal control or some crap like that. I've got enough problems to deal with right now..."

"Hey guys, wait up! Oooh, shiny rock!"

"...You must be kidding me."

Venison heard Baltaroy go upsidedown into a trap.

"Ungh, forget him. You, cat, if you can get him down and get out, then good. Pavelle, come with me if you wish."

Venison jumped back into the tree.
Last edited by Buckdida on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Sara comes driving up to her house, pets seems to be running off everywhere.
She finds Rav standing in the door way of the house..

Rav was wondering just how much could wrong, so fast..
Rav face paws! when Pavelle charges off into the woods after Venison, yelling out his name all the way she goes. alerting the ferals to the fact he is back into the woods..
Don't these pets think at all, about there actions before they go off half cocked?! I'd be very tempted to Zap her, an hide her in a bushes, to keep the coon quiet an out of the way. Rav mutters to himself..
Now where has Balbaroy wondered off too?? I swear i'm going to have to chain n' leash these pets down to a tree or something to keep them from getting into harms way.

Rav was gathering up his staff an about to go after the wayward pets, when his mom pulls up into the driveway..
Rav Face paws again!!
Noooo! -.- I am not at all.. looking forward to trying to explain any of this, or the captives in the kennel!.. (sigh)
Rav slides the staff under the couch, to hide it..

Sara comes up to the door, turning back when the pets start yelling to call 911..
Alright Rav, whats going on?
Well there is.. Hey why do you think i've had anything to do with this?
Because your always getting your nose into trouble!.. Now whats going on!
Rav flats back his ears, pinning them back against his skull.
I haven't been out of the house! But from what i have been told.. the is a pack of ferals in the woods, an they have been attacking and trying to kidnap the neighborhood pets. Rav looks away an down to the floor..
I've kinda got two of the ferals locked up in my kennel..
Sara blinks!. You've got WHAT! Rav YOU KNOW YOU CAN"T GET..
Rav cringes, thinking i knew this would happen.. He throws up his paws!
Wait wait!! I didn't catch, beat-up, or restrain those ferals! I haven't so much as touched them with a finger, the other neighborhood pets did.. where just holding them in my kennel until animal control can come an pick them up!!
Rav tries to explain..
Sara looks sternly down at her dog.
An HAVE you called animal control to come get them??
Rav scruffles his foot, feeling very uncomfortable.
No, Not yet.. the other pets just locked them up in there, an went into the woods looking for the other neighborhood pets that are missing..
Rav sighs...
An i would have as much trouble convincing them i have had nothing to do with what is happening with them as i am with you. An those pets out there in the street must need medical help!!
Don't get sassy with me Rav.! Now go sit on the couch..
Sara snaps at him, as she digs out her cell phone, an makes several calls...
Rav goes an an climbs up on the couch, sitting an stewing..

Soon sirens are heard in the distance getting closer an closer..
Police an fire rescue units start arriving at the scene..

Rav watches out the window from the couch, as Sara goes out to talk with the police officers.
The fire medics go over an start to examine the injured cats in the street..

Animal control arrives.. they join the group of police officers talking with Sara.
Rav watches in Horror, as the police officers load shotguns an head off twords the woods.!
Oh Shi ... this is going down hill fast, how am i going to warn.. oh shi.. oh shi..Rav chants
As the animal control officers get there capture poles and come up the driveway with Sara.

Sara enters the house first..
Rav belly down, stay!
Rav Snorts, You've GOT to be kidding.
Sara points at the floor. Down now!
Rav mutters an grumbles.. laying down in the floor on his belly like a quad pet..
This is Soooo humillitating!

Sara leads the two animal control officers back to Rav's room.. then comes back..
where's the deadbolt key?
right here.Rav offers up the key.
Sara comes an gets the key, patting him on the head.
Good dog. She praises.. then whispers.. I'm sorry for treating you like this, I'm just trying to keep you safe.She them returns back to the kennel room.
in a few moments one of the captive feral's is carried out an put in the van. then the second one is lead away out of the house on the capture poles. Snarling an growling until there is the report of two or was it three shotgun blasts! an make both him an Rav jump!
NO!! Rav barks as he tucks up his tail, as does the feral..

Come along you, the control officer in front says. your going to be safe with us, there not hunting you.. he gently tugs on the pole an the dejected feral whimpers, an submits to being lead to the van..

Outside by now, another animal control van has arrived, along with several more police cruisers, an the mobile vet lab RV that was here before arrives, an the cats are taken inside the mobile lab to receive there medical attention.

Rav trembles as he presses up against Sara, after everyone has left the house..
Venison an several of the neighborhood pets are out there in the woods looking for the coon, Pavelle's kidnapped brother, the dog Magus.. you've got to tell them there are local pets out there!!

They know, Rav. I'm quite sure they wouldn't go randomly shooting at just anyone in the woods..
Holding her trembling dog close..
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

*BOOM*
*BOOM*
*BOOM*

"Well, ****."

*clickclickclack* Venison pulled out the Balishock.

"Sounds like we need to move. With good timing, we can use this as a distraction, and swing wide and get out. Those sound like Taser shotguns, from their sound; stun weapons. Someone called animal control, I'd say. That's a problem. No doubt the ferals are in a panic. Hmm..."

Venison thought a moment.

"The very simple problem, is, if they come in, the entire feral pack will flee, and never be seen again...thereby losing all pets that escape in the process.

Let's see if I can't make a deal with that crazy feral pack leader."
Alex

Post by Alex »

"What happened here?"
"Unwrap the black cats' head! It may be a serious injury!"
"Doctor, look at his legs! The muscles are inflamed badly! He won't be able to walk."
"Inject 2 andols! Let me see the head."
"Doctor, the other cat doesn't have any external injuries. What should we do?"
"Glucose infusion, 500 ml, IV. Let me see the head now!" Hm.... we need to clean the wound, but it's nothing serious. Give this cat an infusion, too. He should regain consciousness soon."

Alex opened his eyes. He was in a small, clean, white room, lying in a bed. What happened? How did he get here? Where was he before he got here? Where's Mai? Mai..... then he remembered! The forest, the party, Magnus, Grif, the running, the bleeding! He quickly touched his head, and sighed in relief when he felt bandages on it. Magnus! Did he manage to escape? Alex tried to get up, but a hand pressed against his chest and put him down again.
"You mustn't get up yet! Wait for the infusion to run out."
For the first time since he woke up, Alex looked around the room, to see more than its ceiling. There were 2 women and one man who pressed his chests in it, all dressed in white. Right to his bed was a stand with a bottle at the top of it, turned upside down, with a liquid that's slowly running out, going through a tube right into his right arm. On the left was another bed, and in it, lying unconscious, was....
Mai! Alex lifted his torso, but the doctor pressed him back again.
"I told you to lie down. Your friend will be fine, she should regain her energy soon. Once you're both healthy again, we'll take you to the animal shelter, where you will hopefully be happy."
These words left Alex simply in a state of shock. Animal shelter? After a couple of seconds of silence, he finally spoke again.
A.... animal shelter? But..... our home....... our parents........ His voice was unsure, and words came out hardly. He was still in shock. The terrible words "animal shelter" were the only thing on his mind, so it was hard to remember how to speak properly. The doctor smiled at him, giving him a scratch on the chest, to make him feel better.
"Don't worry. Your parents will be reported to the animal rights group, and they will be punished hard for this."
What? But they haven't done anything!"
"That's right. They haven't fed you, nor your friend over here. She fainted because of hunger, right? Who else is to blame than your parents?"
No, it's not like that! It's her fault, she didn't want to eat because she thought of it as a waste of time! She rather went playing, or whatever she was doing. There's always food in the house, and mom always gives us to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Please take us home!
The doctor smiled again.
"Don't worry, everything will be fine. You won't have to fear your parents anymore."
He obviously had a wrong image of the situation, but how is he going to believe Alex if he thinks that Alex is traumatized and threatened by his parents to lie about them? He had to do something fast, but the only thing he could do is talk.
No, doctor, it's not like that! LISTEN TO ME AND STOP SMILING! Our parents love us! They would never let this happen! It's alone her fault! - finished angrily Alex, pointing towards Mai.
"Hmm..... okay. I get it. We'll drive you home, but we will investigate your parents.
You mean you'll drive her home. - said Alex, with a grin on his face.
"What? No. I mean we'll drive you BOTH home."
I'm afraid not. Magnus is still in the forest, and I'm healthy again.
His infusion just ran out. Once it did, he pulled the needle out of his arm, jumped over the doctor, through the door, and run.
Richarson Valley

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis heard the shots and jumped, looking up to see a dog hanging by a foot, “I’d better hurry.” He loosened his collar and started climbing, he didn’t have much time left. He thought about untying him, but the height of his fall would hurt him. He gripped the rope with his left hand, and swung his right arm over the branch. He needed something to cut the rope, He pulled his collar over his head, using the pointed side of his ID tag to dig into the rope. In the distance could hear voices, he was running out of time. Cutting faster, now he was able to use it like a saw, “Come on come on,” saying over and over, until the rope finally gave way. Feeling his left arm get heavy, he used his right arm to support himself, freeing his hand Pyxis dropped his collar to the earth below, and started crawling to the trunk. The shouts and voices were getting nearer and nearer. Pyxis climbed down the tree as fast as he could with one hand, and the extra weight was not helping either, when he finally made it, he quickly untied the dogs leg, “ come on lets get out of h-” before he could finish, Pyxis felt something around his neck , he struggled and fought by tossing and turning as much as he could, letting out a gasp, “run!” before falling unconscious.
Last edited by Dylan on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make Pasta not war.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Having been shoved in th eback of the van, Lucky sighs and sits in the corner, burying his face in his hands. I knew something like this would happen, but I did it anyways. Venison gets to keep going free and I'm sitting here abducted by two insane animal control officers. And for what? I don't even know! I never even got my chance to talk to him, find out if he was worth helping. No, **** it. Helping out is always good, he may be one of the few people who can do something about the ferals in the woods. Just hope somebody notices I'm gone. He stays quiet, knowing that screaming in fury or tearfully begging is only what the animal control officers want.

--------------------

Balbaroy has no problem hanging upside down from a tree. In fact it looks as if he isn't even aware of it. He kept hold of the shiny rock and begins to gnaw on it, spitting it out almost instantly. "Hey! This is just spray paint!"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

There was a slight echoing *boom* that could be heard in the distance. "What was that?..." said one of the cats (his name was Alroy) "*snort* don't worry its probably Police or some thing" said Surtr (he walked back a few moments ago)
"but what if it's animal control?" Alroy said nervously "do they know we're in here?..." Octavian asked "I'uuno, maybe" Surtr answered "I'm going to walk back up to camp" Octavian said turning around "Alright then come back now" said Surtr.

|-----_-back at the camp-_------|

He walked back into the camp and noticed a few more Ferals in the so-called "infirmary" he looked around trying to find Griffin.
Griffin was by the fire trying to fall asleep. "Hey, Griffin!" he yelled out "Yes? what happened?" Griffin said sitting up "Well, its jus-" "oh its you, what do you want?" Griffin interrupted "its just that i heard shots in the distance and i was wondering if animal control knew where we are" there was a flash of worry on Griffins face and then said "Not as far as i know" Griffin lied back down "don't worry about it" he said. how can i not worry about it?... wait... i still have my collar! so I'm okay... wait... "aw, crap!" he said out loud.

((OOC: sorry for the messiness, rushed it ._. ))

caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle nodded silently, telling herself to notch her voice down to a whisper. Her eyes flicked from Pyxis to Venison, to the surrounding trees. She jumped at the shotgun shots, but controlled her jitters by hugging her arms around her. She reminded herself that she was doing this for Magnus and took a couple calming deep breaths. "If you're so directionally confused in the forest, how do you know where the feral camp is?" she asked Venison, "You've never even been there." She looked around for Balbaroy in the darkness and saw a shape through the shadows. "I think he's over there," she murmmured, pointing to him. "Or maybe it's just a feral wandering around." She laughed nervously, peering at the figure with evident anxiety which she hoped the dark disguised. Then she climbed up the tree after Venison.

Meanwhile...
Magnus' eyes groggily opened. He was unsure where he was. His attention focused on a cat and dog who were whispering back and forth between themselves a couple feet away. The dog looked his way and cut off the other's speech with a move of his hand. "Grif?" he yelled back, towards the fire, "He's awake." Magnus caught Grif's name and suddenly remembered everything. In an instant he was wide awake. He tried to sit up straighter but found that his arms were twisted back and tied behind the tree he was leaning against; there were ropes also wrapped around his neck and torso tying him in place, keeping his movement limited, and also some binding his feet together at the ankles. He tried moving his legs back and forth, hopefully to loosen the knots, but no luck; whoever had tied these had made no error. He would need a knife to get them off. He wiggled back and forth, trying to move into a more comfortable position, but pain gripped at his sides, driving the breath from his lungs, making him pant. He looked with helpless ferocity at the cat and dog, working a deep growl within his burning chest. They only laughed. The cat danced forward lithely to pat him on the top of the head; he snapped at her hand and she smirked at him, hardly having to crouch down to get to his sitting height. "Don't worry, pup," she told him with mock sympathy, "You'll be one of us or dead within the next couple of hours. Either way your suffering will end. But in the mean time..." she gave him a nasty grin and clicked out her claws, digging one of them into Magnus' sore side, making him shrink back from her to escape the painful touch, "you deserve this. One of the cats you took out was my mate. He's currently lying in the infirmary half-dead because of you. Has a couple broken ribs and a punctured lung, we think." Magnus snarled at her, biting at her again, and her merry face grew more desolate. "Unfortunately, I think Grif wants you to stay pretty much unharmed. If he ever changes his mind, though..." she clicked her claws together menacingly, "I'll be waiting." She backed off. Magnus looked at the dog, who had stayed silent throughout the exchange. He looked amused. Magnus felt his teeth grind together, and let loose another slow growl. A warning. The cat laughed shrilly.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)