2014/04/28 - Chain Of Memories

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2014/04/28 - Chain Of Memories

Post by Dissension »

[ Chain of Memories ]

Title Text: the most pleasant of mother pheasants

Always with the rolling hills, castles, and floating islands, replete with waterfalls...

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: 2014/04/28 - Chain Of Memories

Post by Sleet »

I'll admit I'm slightly concerned this arc will be a little... dense. As they have been in the past. But at the same time, I have faith in Rick. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

And so it begins.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

I've been waiting for this arc for almost a year. *sits down with bowl of popcorn*
Icalasari

Post by Icalasari »

Two arcs in a row

Sweet
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

This arc will be AWESOME AND EPIC AND IM ALREADY EXCITED

ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Pladim

Post by Pladim »

I am so excited for this arc! With Rick hyping it on twitter and the forum banner change, I can't help but sit and wait to see just how this will all go down ( hopefully it wont go down in flames ).
I'm Blue daba dee daba die
Steps to Enlightenment brighten the way, but the stairs are steep, take them one at a time.
----------
PIERULEZ

Post by PIERULEZ »

This seems interesting.... I wonder whats going to happen next
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

I am terrified, excited, nervous, and hopeful all rolled into one.

Whatever the case, I have a feeling this arc is going to be absolutely epic. Great stuff, Rick. :)

King, you've come too far to give up your new, happy life without a fight. FIGHT!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The dreams of heaven
stained with demons
as our Wonder Welsh
Corgi does worry.
His dream is Bailey,
his nightmare Pete
His knowledge sour
before the sweet.
He's ready to fight
the Godly evil.
He'll deal tonight
with a low battery.
His opening strike?
Insult not flattery.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Call that bluff King! Pete says he got pocket aces. But you know he's only a joker!
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hotrod

Post by Hotrod »

OMG im so scared I hope king and Bailey stay together forever. i have a lot of hope in Rick
HOTROD
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

Well, here we go! This almost gave me shivers, there's so much anticipation!
slythecat

Post by slythecat »

Yes! Yes! This is what I'm talking about! I've had this sort of hope in my head King would call the bluff. Because in my head, even with King not knowing about the Great Kitsune's "Boon," he must realize that Pete is highly self-absorbed and arrogant. So I don't exactly see "losing' in his plan. Especially when thought about it like this. If 'High and Mighty' Pete were to lose, it wouldn't be a loss just from Dragon, he'd lose because literally, his board piece refused to cooperate. That's like playing Monopoly, and your little Top Hat walks off the board and says "I'm done with this." Not only that, but losing involves living a mortal body for a full lifetime. That's an entire mortal lifetime, knowing you were humiliated by a 'pawn' and all you friends up in Diety Land are making fun of you.

So unless Pete has some other Ace in the Hole, he's basically done for. So here's my prediction. Pete loses inevitably and the last strip for this arc is King talking to whatever mortal vessel Pete ends up stuck in. My guess it's gonna be a blue....bird? Eagle? Pigeon?
CheckMate
Location: Somewhere between here and there.. the details are kind of fuzzy

Post by CheckMate »

i think this is going to be a long arc full of fells. just pray for a happy ending :|
Now that King is a dog does he cry to all dog's go to heaven???
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Dang. We're getting to the endgame here. I've always had very mixed feelings regarding King, but in time we will finally see how it finishes.

Also, I know the spirits don't view time the same as mortals, but they sure aren't in a hurry to get the fate back. The low battery thing also has me a bit worried.

Edit: Took me a minute to get the "mother pheasant" thing.
Last edited by D-Rock on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
PIERULEZ

Post by PIERULEZ »

Why does the watch thing say low battery? :?:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

PIERULEZ wrote:Why does the watch thing say low battery? :?:
Because time is running out...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Duster

Post by Duster »

Mother pheasant hmm? I was thinking more along the lines of mother goose. :P

I'm looking forward to seeing how this finale unfolds.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

This arc is gonna be super heavy and I'm not sure if I want to read it comic by comic. Tempted to wait to read it when it's done.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

slythecat wrote:
So unless Pete has some other Ace in the Hole, he's basically done for. So here's my prediction. Pete loses inevitably and the last strip for this arc is King talking to whatever mortal vessel Pete ends up stuck in. My guess it's gonna be a blue....bird? Eagle? Pigeon?

Pete loses, disappears.......and Bailey announces she's pregnant?
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
slythecat wrote:

Pete loses, disappears.......and Bailey announces she's pregnant?
Help, my Son is a Demi-god? :lol:
I can foresee King being a very tough customer for the cosmic beings this coming arc. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

So... It's finally happening. This is the arc that so many years of build-up has been leading to.

I admit it. I'm legitimately terrified and excited about this. There are so many questions that must finally be laid to rest...

Will King reveal his secret?
Will be be changed back into Joel?
Will he be Pete's ace in the hole?
What will Bailey think of it?
What would FOX think of it?
Is King going to be a father?

Now is the time. This is the chapter. Now is when it comes to a head. And... what can I say... I'm in goosebumps worrying about what comes next!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

xhunterko wrote:This arc is gonna be super heavy and I'm not sure if I want to read it comic by comic. Tempted to wait to read it when it's done.
I have to admit I'm kind of thinking of doing the same thing, but I think I will give this arc a little bit to see if I actually want to wait. Our reasons are a bit different though.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Ryusuta wrote:So... It's finally happening. This is the arc that so many years of build-up has been leading to.

What would FOX think of it?

They'd probably turn it into an animated series.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Ryusuta wrote:So... It's finally happening. This is the arc that so many years of build-up has been leading to.
Thats it ... no more gifs from my part ... at least for this topic
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Perpetualflight

Post by Perpetualflight »

slythecat wrote:Yes! Yes! This is what I'm talking about! I've had this sort of hope in my head King would call the bluff. Because in my head, even with King not knowing about the Great Kitsune's "Boon," he must realize that Pete is highly self-absorbed and arrogant. So I don't exactly see "losing' in his plan. Especially when thought about it like this. If 'High and Mighty' Pete were to lose, it wouldn't be a loss just from Dragon, he'd lose because literally, his board piece refused to cooperate. That's like playing Monopoly, and your little Top Hat walks off the board and says "I'm done with this." Not only that, but losing involves living a mortal body for a full lifetime. That's an entire mortal lifetime, knowing you were humiliated by a 'pawn' and all you friends up in Diety Land are making fun of you.

But I thought one of the ferrets (to lazy to check the name) is the new pawn of Pete (which starts with 'P' and now I'm brick'd; sorry)? Did I misinterpret that arc? (I'm going to edit this later to add a link to the one I'm thinking of)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

{awn and Avatar are not the same thing. The Avatar needs to be a cat or a dog per the rules of their game.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Perpetualflight wrote:But I thought one of the ferrets (to lazy to check the name) is the new pawn of Pete (which starts with 'P' and now I'm brick'd; sorry)? Did I misinterpret that arc? (I'm going to edit this later to add a link to the one I'm thinking of)
Keene is technically a follower of Pete as of the Temple Crashers arc, however King is the one that Pete is attempting to get to be his avatar, who is more important than any of the other followers.

I like that there is a floating island in King's fantasy land.

What's this mother pheasant thing from/mean?
Last edited by Hedronal on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hedronal wrote: What's this mother pheasant thing from/mean?
He's insulting Pete to get his attention.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Hedronal wrote: What's this mother pheasant thing from/mean?
He's insulting Pete to get his attention.
I get that part, but it sounds like a reference to something I have yet to see/read, or am I mistaken?
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

slythecat wrote:Yes! Yes! This is what I'm talking about! I've had this sort of hope in my head King would call the bluff. Because in my head, even with King not knowing about the Great Kitsune's "Boon," he must realize that Pete is highly self-absorbed and arrogant. So I don't exactly see "losing' in his plan. Especially when thought about it like this. If 'High and Mighty' Pete were to lose, it wouldn't be a loss just from Dragon, he'd lose because literally, his board piece refused to cooperate. That's like playing Monopoly, and your little Top Hat walks off the board and says "I'm done with this." Not only that, but losing involves living a mortal body for a full lifetime. That's an entire mortal lifetime, knowing you were humiliated by a 'pawn' and all you friends up in Diety Land are making fun of you.

I feel that "Pigeon" is the funnier choice for some reason. xD I can just imagine pigeon-Pete conversing with King and looking very, very unhappy about his predicament.
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

max7345 wrote:I feel that "Pigeon" is the funnier choice for some reason. xD I can just imagine pigeon-Pete conversing with King and looking very, very unhappy about his predicament.
I think he'd be a parrot or somesuch, but no matter what small bird type he could be interesting as a character bound to mortality.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

slythecat wrote:Pete loses inevitably
What if he doesn't? I'm sort of rooting for him and Keene to sort of team up and win together: they do have the same goals, after all....
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
JtGoP

Post by JtGoP »

King's back for not even a whole comic, and he is already bringing the epic
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
What if he doesn't? I'm sort of rooting for him and Keene to sort of team up and win together: they do have the same goals, after all....
I really have a feeling this is just going to end with both of them somehow losing and Dragon and Petes whole thing just not being resolved at all. Lets face it having Pete and Keene win is pretty unlikely considering what massive changes that would bring to the whole Housepets earth. If Pete wins I have a feeling it will be a thing were it will take years to happen and we never seen any of their plans come to pass making the whole thing rather pointless in the long run.

This whole thing is about King and his struggle. Pete, Dragon, Kitsune and their dumb little game and what it means is likely to end up being pointless in the end and amount to nothing. Pete wins and it changes thing far to much to much for Rick to write the comic the way he has been, or its going to end up taking for ever to happen and be rather pointless anyway for us. Its unlikely Rick will get to that point in the story. Dragon wins and ummm nothing changes from what I remember, shes not playing for anything world changing from what I recall.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
They can't team up. As far as I remember, the participants are cats or dogs only. That's why King was turned into... um... King in the first place.
FelizPanthera

Post by FelizPanthera »

Oh yeah, now we're getting to the good stuff. Is it wrong of me to say that I'm sort of hoping King becomes Pete's avatar? I'm just interested to see where the game goes once both he and Dragon have one. Either way... Bring on the arc! :D
TheWolfKin

Post by TheWolfKin »

I'm always excited to see a new King story arc.

Though, this one worries me. I mean, my heart already died when Pete threatened King during his wedding. King is among my favourite characters, has been since he was changed. I always enjoy when he comes back, and hate when bad things fall upon him (even if they do add some hilarity).

That "low battery" though, that concerns me. The watch represents his soul (Well, part of it. His FATE, technically). So, why would the battery be running out? There's the Pete ultimatum, but, well . ..

Dang it! Don't hurt King!
KingForevermore
Location: In the north eastern part of the second largest state in the US

Post by KingForevermore »

I have a very exciting feeling about this arch. I mean there are so meny diffrent ways king could get out if things go bad , and there are so meny ways things van go bad!

Rick has given him self almost a month, we'll se how the story progresses.

Countdown May 24 2014 ( although thats on a saturday )
11strips left ( more or less )
The logic!?!? Where has it gone?