HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

~\Rook/~

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

xhunterko wrote:"Oh good! We are mostly currently trying to fish our furniture out of the lake and see what is still usable," he said, "Come come, I'll show you the way!" With that and a wave he began to walk back in the forest.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Jess followed right after the panda.
hypernovatic wrote:"Hey, wait up." Matatabi said, running after Jessica and the panda.
xhunterko wrote:"Oh, sorry sorry, you get used to traveling faster on your own," Valsward said, slowing down, stopping, and waiting for Danni.
Danni had drifted off into her own thoughts before she was jolted by Matatabi calling out to the panda. She sighs and runs up to Valsward.
"Well? Lead on then.." She says irritably as she reaches him.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch went with his partners motions as he tripped. Not skipping a beat.

"Now, this is fun for couples too! Some like to rub shoulders, tails, or wrap a foot around a partner's foot, it's all fun! Now next, I'm gonna keep holding your hand on my right Mikey. Then your gonna stay in place, and I'm gonna dart forward, and perform a half spin so when I'm done, I'm at your side, okay, now!" And Mitch placed his right foot slightly close to Mikey's, then he pirouettes around so that he's at his side.

"Now, again, except," and here Mitch faced forward, "Instead of my back, you spin around to my front, and grab my right hand, and we hold our arms out."

Watching Lance and Mikey dance is gonna be fun! Mitch thought, already planning on getting the two to practice together.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once everyone was caught up, Valsward continued to head to where the village had been.

"It is a very short walk, very short, short," he said, "But long enough to talk. Can you tell me a little about yourselves?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Momma had best not have a new shawl otherwise his mate will not let you sleep at night, heh," Borues said, walking on, heading towards what seemed like a rather odd clump of trees.

"But yes, I DO have a way of dealing with him," he said.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

By now the heat had spread to more than just Mikey’s ears, and by the time the dalmatian completed the move Mitch had shown him the dog seemed to resemble the pink panther more then anything.

“Umm Mi… Mitch? Perhaps Rikki might be a better partner for you,” the poor dog stammered.
------------------------------------
Tara sheathed her claws, her gaze turning from protective to merely worrying.

“I trust ya darlin’. Now, where are ya taking us?”
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki applauded to the Dalmatian's words. "Finally someone speaking with good sense! I was beginning to think Mitch wanted to court *you*"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh pleeease you two. You were my pick because you're a dance instructor, and are already accustomed to learning new dances, and can easily teach everyone else, but honestly if you insist. Not that Rikki isn't or couldn't be, you just logically seemed the best choice," and here, Mitch half pirouettes again so that he was at Mikey's left, still holding his paw, "I think it's time to include everyone else, so. Rikki, my tián love, if you will please take my left paw, and stand like I am. Bel and Valiant, you two should face us with the same pose. And Mikey? I think Lance should, if he wants to, take your right paw in his left."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Heh, that square clump of trees up ahead," Borues said, "Other then it being square, does it remind you of anything?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

The three animals did as instructed. "give me your best shot, my prince!" the ferret said
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will looked around at the squarish area. "I-is this the cornhole f-field?" As he continued looking, he added, "It looks empty."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

"Alright, what do you say Mikey." Lance said putting out his left paw for Mikey to take.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey’s tail tucked as he looked at the ground, heat still pouring from his cheeks.

“I un… understand your logic. It’s just, my sis is better at learning and teaching the more, um… intimate dances.”

Mikey looked down at the ground for a while longer, not raising his head until he heard Lance’s words. “Um, well, okay,” Mikey said, taking the doberman’s paw as his tail slowly began to untuck.
-------------------------------------------
“I dunno, kinda reminds me of the baseball field the boys used to play in down in Tennessee, but I don’t see no bases sugga. What is it?”
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Hey, Mitch: Can this dance be danced between three participants?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"No, it's not, but take a gander here," Borues said, walking up to the tree clump. To the casual eye, it looked like it might be an old shed that a small group of trees grew around.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitch nodded.

"Actually, a whole village can dance to it! What we're doing here is switching partners. You don't have to switch partners of course, but when we all dance together, it's part of the fun!" Mitch said.

"Don't be to hard on yourself Mikey, your doing great! And your sister might not always be able to teach others to dance you know? And besides, how can you expect to court a mate without knowing how to be intimate? And besides, this dance is hardly intimate, now the 'Rose Firefly', however that is intimate," Mitch said to him.

"Now everyone, we're gonna have a little face off with our new partner here. This is also why the 'Harvest Dance' can be confused with fighting sometimes. Now, the partner on the right, in our case, me. Let's go of their old partners paw, spins, and faces their new partner, joining their left hands together, and holding them up," Mitch said and did so, looking in Rikki's eyes.

"Now, take a small step, so that about half your body's cover each other to the right, and let go of your paws. Now I'm going to show you what you do next, cause we're supposed to be doing it at the same time, sort of. First raise your paws up high in a half v shape. Then, I will lean to my right, and my partner will lean to their left. Then I will lean to my left, and my partner will lean to their right. We do that twice. Then the second time, I grab my partner's left paw and we switch," Mitch said, "That might be a lot to take in, so, I'll show you what I mean." Then Mitch did so, going through the motions with Rikki standing there, stopping before he got to the last step.

"If that was good, and everybody knows what to do, I'll count to 3 and then we'll all start at the same time," Mitch said, "And remember, if you do trip, just act like nothing happened and keep going. And of course, to keep your eyes locked with your partner's." He added, keeping his own steady with Rikki's.
valerio

Post by valerio »

For some reason, Rikki felt as if she was trying to get in synch with a fighting snake...something in this dance would stimulate ancient hunting rituals! She found herself moving with Mitch as if wanting to catch him.
Belisarius and Valiant locked eyes with each other, not uttering a word, their hearing and smell doing their job for them as their bodies moved in synch to each other's just as Mitch had instructed, and both moving toward Mickey and Lance...and at the last moment, both wolf and dog split, the wolf locking eyes and movement with the Dalmatian, moving with a grace never seen before in such powerful body.
Valiant smiled at Lance. "Funny...never had the chance to try a dance with you since we've known, pup. Up t the challenge?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"You were supposed to just watch love, and be my opposite, tián. Excuse me a moment, " Mitch said, giving her a kiss, then he walked to the guys.

"Guys guys, stay with your partners, you don't switch yet," he said, making shooing motions with his arms, "You are to stay in your spot as well, otherwise the dance will get out of sync, and the other dancers will get annoyed with you. Go on you two back!" And the last he pointed with a finger. All in play, with his smile giving him away.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Three pairs of ears drooped with disappontment. "Aww," Valiant whined, much puppy-like. Belisarius did the same, shuffling his feet. Rikki snorted. "Meanie!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Go on yous, they need to learn it proper just like you do," he said, then he stepped back over and began rubbing Rikki's nose.

"Go on now, back in place," he said with a smile, "And besides, that isn't the proper way to do the Switch-Swatch either. I'll show you guys that one later."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

xhunterko wrote:Once everyone was caught up, Valsward continued to head to where the village had been.

"It is a very short walk, very short, short," he said, "But long enough to talk. Can you tell me a little about yourselves?"
"Well, I sometimes make bad puns." Matatabi replied.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance nodded "Heh, that will be a fun time for sure." he said playfully with a smirk as Valiant went back to Belisarius and he returned to Mikey ready to try what Mitch had showed them once the count down started.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

xhunterko wrote:"No, it's not, but take a gander here," Borues said, walking up to the tree clump. To the casual eye, it looked like it might be an old shed that a small group of trees grew around.
At first Will couldn't see anything special about the shed, but his eyes widened as he had a thought. "I-is it a secret entrance to s-something?" he asked, getting excited. "Do all of th-the animals actually l-live underground?"
zephyrtobiaswolf

Intimacy, now there was a thought that made Mikey go red in the ears. Quickly shifting his focus to the steps being described the dalmatian Mikey locked eyes with Lance, a shy smile on his muzzle. Easily matching motions with the doberman Mikey was still a bit surprised when Belisarius took his place, but still the dalmatian didn’t miss a beat. It wasn’t until Mitch spoke up that Mikey realized he hadn’t exactly been following instructions.

“Oh, um… yeah. I guess we should learn all the steps first.”

Mikey looked back to Lance, his head hanging low but his tail giving just the slightest of hopeful wags. He had enjoyed dancing with the other dog, and a part of him really wanted to impress the male with his technique. Mikey just hoped his absentmindedness hadn’t ruined things.
------------------------------------------
Tara looked at Borues, unable to piece together just what the bear was trying to show them.

“I dunno shugga, doesn’t sound like a bad idea though. So mister Borues, what are we looking at then?”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

Valiant and Belisarius kept doing their part, not without throwing the occasional glance at the canine pair.
"Now that's a ship we should encourage," Valiant suggested.
The big wolf nodded. "They *are* cute together, we-- then he tripped against his mate, both ending up in a heap at the ground. "heh, sorry?"
Rikki facepawlmed.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"All right, now, if everyone is ready, we're gonna to the (and here Mitch quoted in the air with his fingers) fight sequence again," Mitch waited til he got the animals attentions and they got in their proper positions.

"All right, now, eyes on me and Rikki, and we do this all at the same time," Mitch said, "All right, 3, 2, annnnnnnnnd 1!" He then raised up his arms, looking at Rikki's eyes all the way, and performed the moves.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Not all the time no," Borues said, moving into the center of the tree cluster, and lifted up a trap door. Inside, was what looked like a bottom of a well, about twelve feet deep, with a ladder leading down. The masonry walls of the pit reinforced the idea of it being an old, big well. On either side of the ladder were two tunnels. And on the wall in front of the ladder was another single, though much bigger tunnel. On the right and left hand walls of the well, were two statues of two saints, the one on the left had his face to the wall. The other had animals and trees around her.

"Also, keep it down, or the robin nuns will start chanting," Borues said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Good good, good good, good that you've something you like to do, to do to do," Valsward said, leading the small group to the previous site of their village.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

xhunterko wrote:"Good good, good good, good that you've something you like to do, to do to do," Valsward said, leading the small group to the previous site of their village.
"I really like to help people," Jess said to the panda.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

[quote="xhunterko"]"All right, now, if everyone is ready, we're gonna to the (and here Mitch quoted in the air with his fingers) fight sequence again," Mitch waited til he got the animals attentions and they got in their proper positions.
"All right, now, eyes on me and Rikki, and we do this all at the same time," Mitch said, "All right, 3, 2, annnnnnnnnd 1!" He then raised up his arms, looking at Rikki's eyes all the way, and performed the moves./quote]
...and this time, by the occasional miracle, Belisarius went through the steps without even faltering, as if he was born for this. And Valiant avoided speaking so not to distract the wolf.
"This is going to be a great success at your school!" Rikki said to the Dalmatian.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

hypernovatic wrote:"Well, I sometimes make bad puns." Matatabi replied.
xhunterko wrote:"Good good, good good, good that you've something you like to do, to do to do," Valsward said, leading the small group to the previous site of their village.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I really like to help people," Jess said to the panda.
Danni just rolled her eyes and kept walking, not taking part in 'idle chit-chat'..

(Ooc: Short post, sorry..)
Character Reference
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance nodded to Mikey and began to do the steps just as Mitch had showed them. His steps were a bit unsure at first but after a few seconds he began to get a hold of it. "Well now this isn't that hard." He said flashing a smile at Mikey.

(OOC: sorry about the late-ish post here I got wrapped up in work and family things.)
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey took a step towards Belisarius and Valiant, concern showing on his muzzle as the pair collapsed. The two males seemed alright however, and while he still worried about them the dalmatian took his place by Lance, giving the doberman a sheepish smile as he worked to focus on Mitch. Still as they began to dance Mikey couldn’t help but have most of his attention dragged to his partner.

~He’s pretty good. I hope he comes to dance at the studio~

Matching Lance’s motions easily Mikey threw a bright smile at Rikki as he caught her comment, his head nodding furiously. As soon as he could teach it to Tara and his dads Mikey would make sure it was put into their demonstration, at least so long as the pandas thought it was okay. Perhaps some of them might even join in. The dog’s tail began to wag even as that thought crossed his mind, and at least for this moment the dalmatian was completely at peace.

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Rikki and I used to work on charity advertising," Valiant said between steps. "We'd be glad to offer help to get you more pupils, Mickey. And this dance would really rock in occasion of some festivity. What do you say, Mitch?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch shrugged at the suggestion.

"It's all up to a person what they do with what they've learned. We're not one of those silly tribes that are touchy and spiritual about our dances," Mitch said, "Now, this next move set, also has a benefit of teaching part of another dance. Which kinda gets the two confused a little. But this part is fun too! So, first, both partner completely face one another, and place their foreheads to each other, and grab hands. Then, the dominant partner, in this case, me, darts to my partners left, facing their direction." Mitch then did so, letting go of the other hand.

"Then, still holding the hand, you step so your back to back, then you hold both hands again," Mitch said, getting close to Rikki as he did so, "Then you go to their other side, and pause for a moment when your at the directions. Now on the right side, you then get in front of your partner again, then they do the same thing to you!" Mitch said, ending with his forehead against Rikki's.

"It's part of a dance called the Switch-Swatch! It's really fun too!" Mitch said.

"All right, now 3, 2, annnnnnnnnnnnnd 1 GO!" Mitch said, signaling to the pupils to begin the move set.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And what does miss like to do like to do to do miss, miss?" Valsward asked Danni.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Bel and Val followed instructions by the letter, although the wolf had to bend down some, in order to touch head with his mate. But his grasp was firm and strong as his dominant moved as per instructions, their bodies almost a fluid blur.
"Wish your father was here to see, my dear 'dominant'," Rikki grinned, unseen as she found herself back-to-back with Mitch.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Paige lifted an eyebrow at this. "Robin nuns?" he asked. "You mean of the church variety?" As an afterthought, he added, "And, uh, bird variety?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch blushed.

"Oh, he'd have SOMETHING to say for sure, heh," Mitch said.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yes and yes," Borues said in a low tone, "Now, these saints have a legend to 'em. The monks wanted to farm the field above, but the ferals wouldn't let them. So like usual the monks prayed about it. They offered my ancestor, who was head of the resistance, a deal, and he offered them a counter deal. Initially they refused, and prayed some more. Meantime winter was coming on and harvest was going to be late. So, the animals themselves brought food and wood for the monks so they wouldn't have human blood on their hands. After the winter, the monks built this well shrine. St. Melangell was placed on our side, on our right. And St. Bénézet was placed on our left, facing the monks. They also built a road, and said, we're on this side, ferals on the other, because of their act of unsolicited Christian kindness. Or so the legend goes. I don't normally show this to outsiders, but it's been a while and I figured it was time for a reminder."
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey smiled as he lightly pressed his forehead against Lance’s own, his tail wagging slowly. Having been an instructor for a little while now the dalmatian didn’t even think as he automatically took on the dominant role in the dance, but at least he did so with style. The dog moved with a fluid grace that was all his own, while at the same time accentuating his partners motions as well. Here truly stood a creature who loved to dance.
--------------------------------------
Upon hearing Borues’ speak Tara paused for a moment, bowing her head as if in prayer. When she looked up the feline kissed two of her fingers, placing them first on her head, and then over her heart. Once she was done Tara looked up, smiling at Borues.

“That is an amazing tale sugga. If only more creatures understood the power of simple kindness.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The dance continued as Mikey took the lead in it, which was good anyway as Lance, while doing ok,was no where near the natural Mikey was. A light blush crept up on his muzzle as their heads touched and he went through the motions Mitch had been teaching. "This is a lot of fun." Lance said as he danced with the Dalmatian. "I hope I'm keeping up well enough."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Hopefully, Valsward's group is still with us. :)

ic:

Mitch watched happily as everyone seemed to be getting the hang of things. Once everyone seemed to be finished, he spoke up.

"All right, does everyone got that? Or do they need to try it again?" Mitch asked.
Borues nodded at Tara's comment.

"Indeed," he said, distracted for a moment.

"Now these tunnels here," he said, pointing to the two behind them, "Lead under the field and are part of the cornhole system. They also lead to forests further north. This tunnel south here, leads to areas around the lake, chapel, and connects to the chapel tunnels, and that reminds me to check to make sure it's not..." At that moment a robin flew down to his shoulder.

"Yes?" He said, slightly annoyed.

"Excuse me my lord, but we would like to begin the afternoon prayer," the robin said. Borues rolled his eyes.

"All right but quietly! I don't want you to freak the guests," he said, the robin bowed and flew back up. Soon a quiet, low, Gregorian chant began to go through the well. Borues shook his head.

"Honestly it freaks me out, but as I was saying, I need to check if it's not flooded, but not today," Borues said, "Now, let's leave these sisters to their duty and head back up top to the field itself shall we?" He began to climb back up, rather quickly.
Valsward lead his small party through the woods and to the new lake. Where there was lots of busy work going on. Furniture sorting, drying, items drying and sorting, other heavy things being pulled from the new lake. Valsward led the group to the back, where a female red panda was going through pots and pans, sorting them into stacks. He waved to get her attention.

"Hullo my dear, my dear, me dear, I've brought you some help, help," he said to his wife. The stout red panda perked her head up from the pile in a smile.

"Oh thank goodness! I was drowning! And who are they?" She asked.

"Well uh, well uh, well uh, ohhhhh," Valsward said, looking down, "Curse our immutable enemies!"

"Do forgive him dears, Valsward has trouble, remembering things," she said, "I'm Amelia."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I'm Jessica," Jess said, offering her paw. "I heard about your village's troubles and wanted to help in any way I could."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

xhunterko wrote:"And what does miss like to do like to do to do miss, miss?" Valsward asked Danni.
Danni just sighed and didn't reply.
xhunterko wrote:Valsward lead his small party through the woods and to the new lake. Where there was lots of busy work going on. Furniture sorting, drying, items drying and sorting, other heavy things being pulled from the new lake. Valsward led the group to the back, where a female red panda was going through pots and pans, sorting them into stacks. He waved to get her attention.

"Hullo my dear, my dear, me dear, I've brought you some help, help," he said to his wife. The stout red panda perked her head up from the pile in a smile.

"Well uh, well uh, well uh, ohhhhh," Valsward said, looking down, "Curse our immutable enemies!"

"Do forgive him dears, Valsward has trouble, remembering things," she said, "I'm Amelia."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm Jessica," Jess said, offering her paw. "I heard about your village's troubles and wanted to help in any way I could."
Danni just stood near Jessica with her arms crossed. Helping fold clothes? I don't even do that at home! Ah, if it gets me 'friends'.. She thought to herself.
Character Reference
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch watched happily as everyone seemed to be getting the hang of things. Once everyone seemed to be finished, he spoke up.
"All right, does everyone got that? Or do they need to try it again?" Mitch asked.
Valiant was panting happily. "Wowa! I mean, no. In fact, I should be out helping Borues to track down the culprit who set the forest on fire. Rikki, I'll be needing some intel. And of course, Bel, you'll be my tracker and help should things come down to a confrontation."
Rikki sighed, inwardly: She knew better than trying and keep her friend out of action...but she still hoped he'd just settle down. "Ready when you are, boss!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Ohhhhhhh, can we finish the dance at least? We're almost done? And besides, we need to see if you guys can do the whole thing proper too," he said with puppy eyes.
"A pleasure, a pleasure, er, er, darn you now you have me doing that! Off to help the men you go! Shoo! Before we all start speaking gibberish!" Amelia said to her partner, waving him off.

"Yes'm! Yes'm!" Valsward said, scattering off to the center of the lake to help with the furniture. Afterwards, Amelia took the paw.

"And what's your name hon?" She asked Danni.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Ohhhhhhh, can we finish the dance at least? We're almost done? And besides, we need to see if you guys can do the whole thing proper too," he said with puppy eyes.
Rikki almost swooned at the scene, and gave the same eye to her friend. "Vally, plleeeaase?"
Valiant turned his head as if protecting himself from that sight. "Ack! Va bene, va bene! Just stop that! you know how many troubles you got me into with that tactic!"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

xhunterko wrote:Valsward lead his small party through the woods and to the new lake. Where there was lots of busy work going on. Furniture sorting, drying, items drying and sorting, other heavy things being pulled from the new lake. Valsward led the group to the back, where a female red panda was going through pots and pans, sorting them into stacks. He waved to get her attention.

"I'm Matatabi. It's nice to meet you." he replied.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT