HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch's mouth fell. He glared at the wolfdog.

"Your lucky she's between us," he said.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

Mikey fairly jumped out of his fur with joy as he heard Lance’s reply, bounding over to the dog and giving him a big hug. “Yay! I promise it will be superultramega fun.” Mikey looked over at Mitch a moment later, his head cocking curiously. He didn’t quite understand what was going on between him and Valiant, but he decided perhaps a distraction was in order. “Alright Mitch, let’s dance. I’ll just follow your lead,” the dog said, padding over and taking the panda’s paw.
-------------------------------------
Tara approved of how Paige looked after his smaller nephew; even her eyes were smiling as she looked at the two boys. Something inside simply told her that these were good males, just like Mikey.

“So sugga, have you applied to any space programs?”
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Thankfully a distraction! Mitch thought.

"Ah hem, right, to begin, this is a dance of synchronization and partnership. Whatever you are doing, your partner is doing the same, or the exact opposite. This isn't like tango or ballet or something else," Mitch said, "And for the most part, it's supposed to be fun! Now first. Hold your arm up to your face to greet your partner like so." And Mitch brought their paws up to eye level, and then he bowed lightly with his body and his head.

"Now that you've greeted your partner, the fun can start," Mitch said with a smile, "First lower the hands and let go like so, then, dart away backwards about an arm's length as your partner does the same!" And Mitch demonstrated, by almost running backwards away a bit. He was also bent over in the same position as his earlier bow. He waited for Mikey to mirror his movements before continuing.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki walked toward Valiant and threw him a fiery eye. "Next time I will kill *you*! Of all the times to start playing nosy--" she whispered, only to be interrupted. In the meantime, she kept smiling at Mitch and waved at the panda.
"I'm worried for you, ok?! That vermin left you on the verge of...well, you were sick for weeks!" he too smiled at the dancing panda. "He seems a nice guy enough, but remember, he's royalty and you never know what happens with politics."
"Perhaps. But at least he's not a criminal. Do that stunt again and you may kiss your tail goodbye."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Paige shook his head. "Not yet. So far, all of my knowledge is from books." His eyes lit up a bit as he added, "However, I'm trying to talk Dad into letting me go to a camp next summer. It's one off the higher tech ones, so it's kinda expensive, but he's thinking about it."

Will piped up from beside him, as he felt the soft crunch underneath his feet. "I-it'd be the first time I'd b-be without him for an e-extended period. If it does h-happen, I hope y-you write."

Paige bent down and patted his nephew lightly on the head. "Of course I would! I'd never leave you out to dry like that."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch didn't like what was going on. But he smiled and waved back nervously at the two then turned his attention back to his partner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Good, you should keep in touch if you can," Borues said, "Feel anything under your feet by the way?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance smiled and blushed a bit as Mikey hugged him. "Heh,I just hope I'm strong enough to keep up with him." Lance muttered under his breath as a sly smile played on his lips.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey couldn’t understand what Rikki and Valiant were talking about, but his eyes showed concern. Hiding it like he had learned to hide everything else Mikey focused on the panda in front of him, mimicking Mitch’s motions after a short pause.
-----------------------------
Tara went all daww as Paige spoke to Will, her eyes nearly tearing up. Kneeling down in front of the two Tara locked her eyes on the smaller male, her eyes displaying a mix of kindness and sincerity.

“Sugga, if you ever get lonely without your uncle Paige here you just come on over to momma Truesdale’s house. I promise you won’t have to worry about a thing.”

As she knelt Tara felt something under her knee, picking it up with a claw before rolling it over her paw.

“Looks like the squirrels missed one.”
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch didn't like the look in Mikey's eyes either, but at least he was paying attention.

"All right, now lean back about half way, as if you were surprised or attacked, and hold your arms up and out too!" Mitch said, doing the movements.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Borues chuckled to himself watching the three.

I should do this more often. He thought to himself.

But then he nodded.

"Yep, they actually miss quite a few," he said, sweeping his paw over a small clump of leaves revealing, a small clump of walnuts, "But really, there's plenty for everyone. This is a good mushroom spot too."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

hypernovatic wrote:
~\Rook/~ wrote:Danni rolled her eyes and sighed. Oh, dog, one was just enough.. She thought. But she decided to try and talk to them anyway..

"Hi, i'm Danni and ah, this is, uh.. Jessica! She was.. Well, she and I, were gonna head to the uh, park.. You can, come along too.. If you want.." She said, straining to think of the right words.
"It's nice to meet both of you." Matatabi replied. "And sure, I'd like to join you two."
Jessica then led the two other pets to the park.
"here we are," She said. "The woods over there have a few landmarks, like a lake and apparently a village of red pandas and the park is great for running and fetch and such."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"There's a lake?" Matatabi asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Mushrooms? Any idea what species they are?" Will giggled as his uncle went into what he secretly called his 'Science Mode,' going toward the bear and asking all sorts of questions.
The mink turned to Tara gave her a questioning glance. "S-so, Miss Tara... why d-do you like making Uncle P-paige blush so much?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

A buzzing noise emanated from Paige's collar with this message:
Khun: In a stick fight with cat. He's pretty good. 1 to 1 so far.
"Oh, generally the kind you can eat," Borues said, "Morels."
zephyrtobiaswolf

It was weird; every so often Mikey would pause just before copying a move, his eyes seeming to unfocus before snapping back to clarity. The moments came and went in a heartbeat though, and the dog continued smiling as he mimicked Mitch’s movements perfectly.
Tara stayed on her knees as she listened to Will, leaning forward just a bit and cupping her paw to her muzzle as she whispered to the mink.

“To tell you the truth sugga I’ve been all over the world, and it’s rare to find a male not caught up in his own ego. Your uncle Paige is really sweet, and on top of that he’s pretty cute too, especially when he blushes. Besides, it’s fun.”

Tara stuck out her tongue as she said this last part, giving Will a conspiratorial wink.

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

hypernovatic wrote:"There's a lake?" Matatabi asked.
"Yeah. I haven;t seen it yet, but I heard about it," Jess replied
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Jessica then led the two other pets to the park.
"here we are," She said. "The woods over there have a few landmarks, like a lake and apparently a village of red pandas and the park is great for running and fetch and such."
hypernovatic wrote:"There's a lake?" Matatabi asked.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Yeah. I haven;t seen it yet, but I heard about it," Jess replied
Danni Looked around, not saying anything.

Hm, this place is nothing special.. She thought to herself, crossing her arms. Not as good as the park near our old apartment..

(Ooc: Late, Sorry)
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"All right, now, turn to your left, and spin on one heal! Lowering your arms to almost sweep the ground!" Mitch said, excited. After finishing the move, he returned to his previous position.

"And now again, only spinning to the right!" he said, spinning again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello there ladies," a voice called out from behind the trees to the three newcomers at the park. A moment later, a panda scout approached them. He wore the usual panda equipment bags, and had on a yellow neckerchief. His crossbow was behind his back. He waved friendly.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki was biting her lower lip, her eyes glued to the panda. "Face it, boss: You *want* to be able to dance like him."
Valiant's and Belisarius' eyes were glued to the dancing canine. They both nodded, tails wagging in frantic unison.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will nodded, with a smile on his face. "I-i've never seen him blush that much b-before. I th-think he really likes you, t-too."

Paige nodded, as he pulled his collar's screen off to check it. "That makes sense," he replied. "I guess if they'd been poisonous, you would've warned us before I asked." As he read his screen, he grinned. "Oh! Khun messaged me! It's been awhile!" He sent a small message back to his friend.
Paige Turner wrote:So, a challenge? Cool. What style do you both use?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Borues nodded, then after Paige had finished his text, spoke.

"Coon? Is he an actual raccoon? Or is that a pet name?" Borues asked.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

xhunterko wrote:"Hello there ladies," a voice called out from behind the trees to the three newcomers at the park. A moment later, a panda scout approached them. He wore the usual panda equipment bags, and had on a yellow neckerchief. His crossbow was behind his back. He waved friendly.
"Hi." Matatabi said as he waved back.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey’s attention was completely on the panda in front of him, not even noticed the appreciative stares the pair of them were getting. His tongue lolled out of his muzzle as he panted happily, his tail beating a drumbeat against the air that helped him keep in sync with Mitch.
“We’ll just have to see what happens sugga. For now I’d be much obliged if I could at least call both of ya’ll friends.”

Tara threw a curious glance Paige’s way as the male spoke about his friend, giving a slightly musical laugh at Borues question.

“I think Khun might be their actual name, although wouldn’t it be something if that described them as well? A coon named Khun, now that would be delicious.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance sat back and watched the dancing going on around him. He began tapping his foot a bit in time with the dancing getting the rhythm down.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Now, this next bit can be real fun for couples," Mitch said, winking at Rikki, "Mostly, cause you can get really close. Now Mikey, you should probably know I'm right handed by now. I'm telling you that cause we're going to run at each other, with a hand outstretched. The male, or the dominant male, or female, whichever the case, takes their partners opposite hand and intertwines their arms for a moment. Bringing us both close together for the next move. Go!" Mitch ran forward holding out his arm.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Borues grinned.

"That would be delicious," he agreed, licking his lips, "But ehem, this part of the woods goes on for a mile at least east. Then it thins out and thins out and turns to plains. Now, we head farther north. To our cornhole field."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

xhunterko wrote:"Hello there ladies," a voice called out from behind the trees to the three newcomers at the park. A moment later, a panda scout approached them. He wore the usual panda equipment bags, and had on a yellow neckerchief. His crossbow was behind his back. He waved friendly.
Danni was perplexed. A Panda? In America? Is this.. She thought.
hypernovatic wrote:"Hi." Matatabi said as he waved back.
Danni looked at the other cat with wide eyes. Okay.. So I'm not dreaming.. She composes herself and looks to the panda. "Uh, Hi.."
Character Reference
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Now, this next bit can be real fun for couples," Mitch said, winking at Rikki, "Mostly, cause you can get really close. Now Mikey, you should probably know I'm right handed by now. I'm telling you that cause we're going to run at each other, with a hand outstretched. The male, or the dominant male, or female, whichever the case, takes their partners opposite hand and intertwines their arms for a moment. Bringing us both close together for the next move. Go!" Mitch ran forward holding out his arm.
"Remember not to trip when *I* will come running at you, big oaf," Valiant said jockingly to his timber wolf. It was odd, imagining that the dog could be the 'dominant' figure of the two.

Rikki just wanted to push the dalmatian aside and join the dance, but she forced herself to stay where she was and learn every move.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

~\Rook/~ wrote:
Danni was perplexed. A Panda? In America? Is this.. She thought.
hypernovatic wrote:"Hi." Matatabi said as he waved back.
Danni looked at the other cat with wide eyes. Okay.. So I'm not dreaming.. She composes herself and looks to the panda. "Uh, Hi.."
"You must be from the village," Jessica said to the panda. "sorry to hear about what happened recently, I hope everyone's okay."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey paused for a moment as he listened to Mitch’s instructions, already assuming the panda was taking the lead. Copying Mitch’s motions the dog simply hoped he didn’t trip over his paws attempting to follow a new partner.
Tara looked at Borues for minute, idly wondering if perhaps the bear was taking her words at a somewhat different meaning.

“Are we sure Peppy won’t be there?”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

As Mitch ran forward to meet the dog, he intertwined their arms and held their hands together. He then brought them down to chin level and looked into the dog's eyes.

"Now here, you can get as close as you want, far as you want, or even as intimate as you want. And it doesn't matter if you trip or not, roll with it!" Mitch said, "It's okay. It's dancing! It's fun, and it's supposed to be connecting! Now, this next move is the switch-swatch! It's fun too! Now, Mikey, while still holding hands. We're going to first, move apart at arms length, then walk back wards until our backs are touching. Okay? Now, on 3, 2, 1, go!" Mitch performed what he said, trusting Mikey to follow suit.
"Oh, I hope he's there," Borues said, "He allowed an illegal toss and he knows what's coming for him, heh. A just dessert."
"Thank you dear, and we are all well. I am advanced scout Valsward," the panda said with a head bow, "I could not help overhearing. If you are in need of something to do, we do have a recovery effort ongoing at the moment and could always use a few extra hands."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Yeah, Khun was his name; He was actually a German Shepard." Paige smiled at the memory of his friend. "He was one of the first pets I met here in Sunset, and quite possibly my closest friend."
Tara wrote:“Are we sure Peppy won’t be there?”
Boreus wrote:"Oh, I hope he's there, He allowed an illegal toss and he knows what's coming for him, heh. A just dessert."
As Will shuddered behind them, Paige responded. "Even if he is, none us will let him get to you, Will."
Last edited by Pecan on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Of that, you can be certain," Borues said, continuing North, "But first, of course, is another little secret to us back woods animals."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

xhunterko wrote:"Thank you dear, and we are all well. I am advanced scout Valsward," the panda said with a head bow, "I could not help overhearing. If you are in need of something to do, we do have a recovery effort ongoing at the moment and could always use a few extra hands."
"Sure. I don't mind helping. What do you guys think?" Matatabi asked the other two.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'd love to help," Jessica said, wagging her tail.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

hypernovatic wrote:
xhunterko wrote:"Thank you dear, and we are all well. I am advanced scout Valsward," the panda said with a head bow, "I could not help overhearing. If you are in need of something to do, we do have a recovery effort ongoing at the moment and could always use a few extra hands."
"Sure. I don't mind helping. What do you guys think?" Matatabi asked the other two.
Danni tried to look uninterested, but she did want to know more about these pandas in America..

"S-sure.. I guess we could, uh, come help.." She said, crossing her arms.
Character Reference
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Valsward was delighted and his face lit up!

"Oh good! We are mostly currently trying to fish our furniture out of the lake and see what is still usable," he said, "Come come, I'll show you the way!" With that and a wave he began to walk back in the forest.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Jess followed right after the panda.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Hey, wait up." Matatabi said, running after Jessica and the panda.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh, sorry sorry, you get used to traveling faster on your own," Valsward said, slowing down, stopping, and waiting for Danni.
zephyrtobiaswolf

The insides of Mikey’s ears turned bright red as the panda looked into his eyes, his gaze darting quickly to the ground. This had the unfortunate consequence of causing the dalmatian to trip, the dog just barely catching himself before he completely fell. Refocusing on the panda’s steps Mikey copied Mitch’s motions, not stopping until he felt his back press against the other male’s own.
------------------------------------
“Was? Has he become a coon since ya last saw him sugga?” Tara gave a teasing smile, but her eyes became sharp as Borues spoke about Peppy. Flexing her paw the feline revealed a surprisingly long and sharp set of claws, giving the bear a steady look.

“Since this is your forest darlin’ I’m sure you’ve got a plan ta deal with him, but I tell you now if Peppy even comes close to these boys mama’s gonna have herself a new shawl.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance watched Mitch and Mikey dance together and smiled as he watched the dogs embarrassment rise. A giggle left his lips as Mikey tripped a bit, as he watched Lance stood up and decided even if he didn't have a partner for the dance he would at least try some of the moves he was seeing; and began copying the motions with an invisible partner the best he could.