2013/11/25 - Certainty Certainly

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Re: 2013/11/25 - Certainty Certainly

Post by max7345 »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:I really think the GODC should change their name to the "Canines Against Cats Coalition." Or maybe the "We're Run By a Madman Club".
xD The latter sounds more fitting.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Finally, King is going to tell Fox...... THAT HE'S ALSO A CAT LOVER! HE'S CLEARLY BEEN HOLDING THAT BACK FOR YEARS!!! :lol:
What? NO! it's his "other" dark secret.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

It may be the right moment for King to tell Fox about his own secret. Fox cannot fall much deeper as he is already. And he is presently questioning himself if Fido didn't had good reasons not to tell and trust him. Even if it would be a shock for Fox if he hears this. It might also give him something as King shows how much he trusts him by telling this secret which is obviously much bigger then Fido's.

max7345 wrote:I think that might've been Peanut who voted for Fido to stay in, given that Fido was there to let him back in when Bino kicked him out and tends to kind of relate to Fido in this matter (his crush on Grape). Not to mention that he already knew and given his personality in general, Peanut seems like a pretty open-minded character. So I figure it could've been Peanut trying to return a favor, a genuinely open-minded decision, or a bit of both.
I can't believe that Peanut is in the council of the club, he is barely in the club itself. This can't be his vote. Who might be in the Council? Bino, Fido, and Fox, and I think also Dutchie-Poo - why else should she be at the council meeting - then at least two more. Maybe Rex? Maybe Yeltsin?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

What kind of scumbag turns on his own brother like that? Bino is the worst character ever. That is why I delight when he receives savage beatings.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Frank

Post by Frank »

Yes, King. He's not going to hate you for nearly getting him smothered, he's going to hate you for not telling him you nearly got him smothered.
Though seriously, poor Fox. If this broke him like that, I don't want to imagine what the truth about King would do.

And the dissenting vote has to be Rex's.
Gbr23 wrote:Is that a ring on King´s hand ??? It looks good on him !
I can't beleive I totally missed that! You made me go back to check!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Bino is the worst character ever.
Bino's not really bad, he's just naive. In terms of moral standing, Bino's not even the worst there. Bittersweet Candy Bowl still has Mike.
gameangel147 wrote:I can hear Phoenix Wright in the club yelling "Objection!"
Toplel.jpg
If you want my number, it's #804080.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

I would love panel 2 as a poster :)

Also, I believe it is incredibly unlikely that King's secret would be out anytime soon, or even at all.
Many King strips are based upon his awkward position in life, and while I think that the reveal would result in an awesome arc, I don't think its gonna happen, since that removes the element which makes King such a unique character.

However, King's secret will most certainly be played with a lot for the purposes of humour, like in this strip for example.
(don't we all love dramatic irony!)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Ninkurou

Don't Worry...

Post by Ninkurou »

Nothing will be solved now... We still have one year until the ending of King's Quest.
By Now King can't tell the truth, or else he will lose his soul.

Lets wait until the end of 2014.
And then we will see the final confrontation, Kings revealing that he is a human, the dragon and pete going away, the wizard pets losing their powers and humans and pets becoming equals in housepets universe.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Is this it? Is this really it? It can't be it. No way is it it. But I wish it was. OH DARN IT KING SAY IT ALREADY.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Ryusuta wrote:Is this it? Is this really it? It can't be it. No way is it it. But I wish it was. OH DARN IT KING SAY IT ALREADY.
Say what? That he saw Fido & Sabrina together at the Christmas Party last year?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Personally, I think it would fit better if King wrote a letter for Fox's eyes only, and hand-delivers it to him here.
In verbal conversation there is always the opportunity for interruption. Such has been the case every time King has tried to explain himself. Remember his argument with Bailey? There was constant interruption by Bailey because she was misunderstanding what King was trying to say. If King had been able to explain himself in full before Bailey responded, then it's likely that Bailey would have better understood the message King was giving.
In addition to the lack of interruption, there is also the element in writing that allows for correction. When you say something aloud it is difficult/impossible to correct yourself if you say something you didn't mean, or something you said with the wrong tone or facial expression. Even the most well-rehearsed speeches can be thrown completely off-track by a slip-of-the-tongue or a misread expression on the part of the listener.
But in writing, you can easily press the Backspace key a few times, or scratch out words with an eraser. You can review what you've written and ask how your audience would react to this.

If King has these effects of written language figured out, he can be very powerful in his explanation without being very offensive. And since we forumites use written language all the time, I think most of us will understand the points I'm making.

I really hope King uses the written format (insert 4th wall joke here) to explain his situation to Fox. Otherwise he probably won't get past sentence 1 before Fox either zones out or attacks.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

"comforting, because , uhhh.... comforting you know... eeeehhh how about nexy week? What are you doing then?"
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Ryusuta wrote:Is this it? Is this really it? It can't be it. No way is it it. But I wish it was. OH DARN IT KING SAY IT ALREADY.
Think about it. King has been keeping a much, much, MUCH bigger secret from Fox than that.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I just hope Peanut is going to stand up for Fido too since Peanut and Grape have known about Fido and Sabrina's relationship all along.
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Ryusuta wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Think about it. King has been keeping a much, much, MUCH bigger secret from Fox than that.
Yeeeaaaahhhh, it would be REALLY bad if he slips the tongue a slight bit too much at this moment...
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Saturn381 wrote:I just hope Peanut is going to stand up for Fido too since Peanut and Grape have known about Fido and Sabrina's relationship all along.
Fido's new best buddies, and ALSO a new member for the Imaginate session, yay! :D
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Acritic2 wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Finally, King is going to tell Fox...... THAT HE'S ALSO A CAT LOVER! HE'S CLEARLY BEEN HOLDING THAT BACK FOR YEARS!!! :lol:
What? NO! it's his "other" dark secret.
Actually, I think Fox would be a bit cross in either case. Yeah, King and Bailey saw Fido and Sabrina together (incidentally, one of my favorite images of Sabrina ever) but King's secret identity might also be an issue. King tried to tell him two years ago (our time) and Fox blew him off: Dogs Who Stare At Water.
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Ryusuta wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Which he's not dumb enough to tell anyone. he may have to use the 'Sabrina' explanation to talk his way out of any slips though.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
jaime117d

Post by jaime117d »

welp it looks like it is time for the fall of the good 'ol dogs club
let's hope that Julius Gaius Fido can bring order to the wild wacky wasteland that will be the remnants of the club
Have fun!
https://www.fanfiction.net/~jaime117d is my fanfition account, if you feel like reading my stories then don't be suprised at the rather...lackluster...sheen to them
valerio

Post by valerio »

jaime117d wrote:welp it looks like it is time for the fall of the good 'ol dogs club
let's hope that Julius Gaius Fido can bring order to the wild wacky wasteland that will be the remnants of the club
Have fun!
Oh, the irony! Between the brave catlovers who may finally decide to come out and the ones who still admire and respect Fido, at next GODC's meeting there may be a LOT of vacant seats...
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

valerio wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:I just hope Peanut is going to stand up for Fido too since Peanut and Grape have known about Fido and Sabrina's relationship all along.
Fido's new best buddies, and ALSO a new member for the Imaginate session, yay! :D
And I would have just the fanfic for that(hint: it involves a detective, a rabbit, and a scary judge).
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Kohaku Nightfang

Post by Kohaku Nightfang »

So I just read the comic. Am I the only one who realized Rick used the you're instead of your?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Kohaku Nightfang wrote:So I just read the comic. Am I the only one who realized Rick used the you're instead of your?
no, since Fox is basically saying that, despite his certainties, he just discovered he had been friends with a felinophile.
otherwise, the sentence would've sounded more or less like "Then it turns out your old friend's with the wrong side"
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Livid? Fox has such great vocabulary.
Feel my icy wrath!
mccartneytm

Post by mccartneytm »

Dissension wrote:Yay, acceptance and tolerance![/color]
Dontcha mean: LOVE AND PEACE!!!
When Life gives you Lemons, Eat them raw.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I know this arc is going to end, but I hope we will hear the Story how Sabrina and Fido became a couple.
This talking about cat lovers and anti cat lovers made me curious :(

I think in the next strip we will hear something from Max
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

what exactly does the term catlover mean? does fido like cats and dogs or just cats? or did he just pretend
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

The plot is as thick as the Milton's pudding pool.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Satsura wrote:The plot is as thick as the Milton's pudding pool.
But many times less delicious.
Feel my icy wrath!
valerio

Post by valerio »

matthew Wolf wrote:what exactly does the term catlover mean? does fido like cats and dogs or just cats? or did he just pretend
exactly that: Fido is...well, REALLY attracted by cats. :lol:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Was inevitable have Fido outside the club, with his brother always ready to go agaist him, what a... This club shouldn't be anymore called Good Ol' Dogs' Club: where are the real good dogs now? Bino, Duchess and Rex certainly aren't... Too discrimination (look also at Bino's treatment to King...) and intollerance for personal choices that go against the rules: this looks more to be a sect than a club... Better stay outside it, at this point, you too Fox, they are a bad wrong side. However, will be interesting see who gave the vote in favor of Fido.
Fox, the not confession of his secret to you and anybody else was an his choice (it was a secret), and you can't blame him for it, indeed. It's not an issue of not trusting you. It can be deluding to you, but not calm it down, sooner or later you could get the occasion to talk to Fido and show him that you're on his side, the right side (not meant as be a cat lover ;)).
King, your secret is more shocking and absurd than the one to be a cat lover, but now don't think about it and you and Bailey give support to Fox. Well, the Fox's reply comforts you if you'll ever decide to tell him your secret one day, but surely this time he will have to blame you for the fact that you're an human transformed in dog. He may risk to even go crazy, and then, how will go with your canine wife? :|
G'aunt_The_Overlord
Location: Arlandia, Vorru, Kanakra, Serus Galaxy, Dimension 7

Post by G'aunt_The_Overlord »

Hooray! We finally get King and Fox with dialogue! :D
Now King you should chose your next few words VERY carefully.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

im surprised that thay might take fido out the good ol dogs club just because he loves a cat you shouldnt be discriminated just because you love someone whether its a cat ... :| .. or a dog.....
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

valerio wrote:
matthew Wolf wrote:what exactly does the term catlover mean? does fido like cats and dogs or just cats? or did he just pretend
exactly that: Fido is...well, REALLY attracted by cats. :lol:
At least by one specific cat. We don't know about any possible previous romances.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Karl

Post by Karl »

Well, I'll just drop by and only say that today's strip brings couple things that might come up in future. And it makes me excited to think how they will be presented.
I'm a bookworm!
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Xane wrote:For someone so smart, Fox sure has let other people do most of the thinking for him.

Maybe this'll be what changes that.
Xane how do you always get second comment?
Feel my icy wrath!
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

RatHead wrote:i would be a liar if i said i didn't expect this, infact i expected someting JUST LIKE this.. wait! i guess I"M PSYCHIC!!! quick ask me something!!!
Will i kill everybody on the planet... I uh... I mean how long do you think Fox will be saddend by this? :D
I like this color/.
Join the Housepets! IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23HPRT&uio=d4 #HPRT
Rick Griffin-Pete Griffin. Brothers?
I love mods. Now shush before I drag one over here...
jaime117d

Post by jaime117d »

valerio wrote:
jaime117d wrote:welp it looks like it is time for the fall of the good 'ol dogs club
Have fun!
Oh, the irony! Between the brave catlovers who may finally decide to come out and the ones who still admire and respect Fido, at next GODC's meeting there may be a LOT of vacant seats...
housepets! reenacting the Ides of March, in a kid friendly way
Fido: "Et tu,fox!"
alternatively
Fido: " "Et tu, bino!"
really take your pick for which fits best
https://www.fanfiction.net/~jaime117d is my fanfition account, if you feel like reading my stories then don't be suprised at the rather...lackluster...sheen to them
ElementalHero

Post by ElementalHero »

4-1? Wow, I always thought the roster was larger than that.
In The Name Of The Moon, I Will Punish Yo........ Oops! Wrong Superhero!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

The leaders of the GODC were in attendance only people, minus Fido... he would not be voting on his own demotion... And Fido COfounded the club with Bino. I believe one of the bylaws was no cat lovers, though I may be confusing that with a fanfic..

Well, let us see... we have Fox, King, Bailey, Sasha, Kevin, Ralph, possibly Rex, Peanut, Tiger, Grape, Max, Marvin, Tarot, and Zach at the VERY least who would remain friends with Fido.... I don't think he will be hurting in the friends department, though his ego and sense of self took a big hit.

Also, King will not be revealing anything for a LONG while yet.... and I don't see why people are so obsessed with the confession to Fox when King has yet to tell his WIFE about it. THAT is the one I am looking forward to seeing....
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?