Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

DarkHeartsAndSuch

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Kytes woke with a start after getting hit in the face with the yarn. He yawned, "Oh, hey there Trinket. What are yo-" then he saw Trinket's face. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:Kytes woke with a start after getting hit in the face with the yarn. He yawned, "Oh, hey there Trinket. What are yo-" then he saw Trinket's face. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."
"YES! YES-THERE-IS-A-GHOST! In that yarn ball! It's my bad luck; I awakened it! You need to get that back to its owner FAST, before that thing gets out in full! Before you ask, no, I don't know when it will get out. It will only come out when it wants to. Whether that will be 1 minute or one century, I don't know. But that's thing's chalk full of memory essence, and..."
Trinket looked sideways for a moment.
"Uh...I mean, that yarn ball has a lot of sentimental value to whomever owns it. I think a dead friend might have given it to him. Uh, so, I think it might be haunted with that spirit, just because of all the memories it has. Not entirely sure."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Sid was off remembering his last year in Detroit. "He was another cat, a third-time stray like me. We third-timers stuck together, because we couldn't get caught by AC... He always wore that purple ball of yarn around his neck..."
"Well, we can always go find Kytes and ask for it back. If not, then it'd be a good opportunity for you to beat him up for it!" Sam said the last bit with enthusiasm, trying to cheer Sid up.
"AC" Zeke tilted his head, "Whats that?"
Sid shuddered with his response, "Animal Control. We never called it by its full name, partially because we could shout it faster when we had to run, partially because the full name scared us..." His mind was still in Detroit, "I remember the night when I lost him: we got cornered by a dog named Griefer... he was terrible..." he shuddered again at the name.
Sam put her arm around Sid, rubbing his shoulder affectionately.
Zeke's Ears drooped more. "Oh. Im sorry."
"I don't know if Griefer was a three-timer, or if he'd ever even had a human home. No one ever talked to him, he was too violent.... I heard he'd attacked humans once, but I don't know if that's true, all I know is that everyone was terrified of him. That night he had some friends with him, and they cornered up in an alley. One-Ear tried to fight him, but Griefer just used him as a chewtoy, then he came after me..." Sid stared at the ground more, remembering Detroit vividly.
Sam leaned her head against Sid's shoulder lost for words.
Zeke sighed. 'I never thought I could feel sorry for this guy, but here I am, almost in tears for him!'
"Griefer was about to kill me too when AC pulled up... I guess they got a call about Griefer, 'cause they sped over with heavy equipment... I tried to grab One-Ear, but he couldn't move anymore, and AC was closing fast. That's when he gave me the ball of yarn and told me to run... I almost got caught too, but I managed to roll into a sewer-drain..."
Sam was in tears now, she couldn't believe the words that were coming out of Sid's mouth. "That's horrible, I'm so sorry..."
"S-so, you were almost K-kil-" He couldn't finish his sentence.
"A few weeks later, Griefer was killed by a cat... His name was... Vicious... He was the most revered stray in Detroit until he was caught about a week later, because he'd gotten hurt and couldn't run from AC... He was a three-timer, like One-Ear, so we never saw him again..."
Sam remained silent, wiping her tears away.
Zeke couldn't help but cry as he listened. He had read books that weren't quite as sad as this.
Sid had stopped and stood there, he stared down at the ground. A few tears hit the ground beneath him, falling from behind his thick sunglasses. "That's why..." he straightened up "That's why I need that ball of yarn, and I'm gonna beat Kytes to a pulp when I find him if he doesn't give it back."

"Well, I can see why you want it back so bad..." Sam said.
Zeke balled up a fist. "Well, I don't know if this means much, But I will help you in any way possible." He looked into Sid's glasses, with a flare in his own eye.
Sid laughed a little bit, out of his memory. "Yeah Kid, you can hold him down, I'll rearrange his face."
"I'll give him a good punch!" Sam smiled at Sid.
Zeke smiled. "Well, You just point him out for me!" He mock punched at the air in front of Sid.
Sid laughed, "Yeah, that-... Tabby doesn't stand a chance when we find him!" he punched an oak on the side of the road as they walked by it. It shook violently, despite its size, showing the fearsome amount of power Sid could put into a punch.
Zeke gaped in awe at the tree.
Sam giggled, "I Don't think the tree deserved that. Nice punch though," She hugged Sid, glad he was feeling a bit better.
Sid laughed, hugging her back with a smile, feeling better. He looked at Zeke over her shoulder, holding one of his arms out. "Free hugs!"
Zeke hesitantly moved closer to the couple.
"C'mon Zeke, it's just a hug!"
Sid waved the arm a little.
He Blushed suddenly, but joined the hug. He liked being so close to the two. It made him feel like he really belonged somewhere, remembering what Riki had told him the night before.
Sid group-hugged with Zeke and Sam, feeling better to have such good friends now. A girlfriend and her little-brother. He squeezed before he let go, turning back to the road. "Alright! Now where's this 'Cale' guy's house again?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes looked at Trinket with a puzzelezźd look. "Oookaay?" He stood up, holding the yarn in his right paw. "And I'm guessing you wouldn't happen to know where Sid would be, would you?"
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:Kytes looked at Trinket with a puzzelezźd look. "Oookaay?" He stood up, holding the yarn in his right paw. "And I'm guessing you wouldn't happen to know where Sid would be, would you?"
"I haven't the slightest...Uh...maybe you know someone popular around here that could help us find him? That ball getting back to, uh, Sid, is top priority. He has any friends? Acquaintances? Hang out spots-we-need-to-get-the-ghostball-back-to-him NOW."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Neko

Post by Neko »

(More Darin and Rikki IRC)

Rikki and Darin reached the thick bushes where the forest ended. They crawled back through and were at the Ranger's Station. Rikki pulled out his keys as he approached the door.

Darin saw the keys, his curiosity about new things kept him busy ever since he had ran into Matt. "What are those little metal things you keep sliding into the metal slabs?"

Rikki chuckled, "These? These are called 'keys', and these things, called 'doors', have things called 'locks'. See, the doors are like a barrier that opens up, like putting a rock or a piece of wood in front of a cave. The locks make it so that you can't open them, unless you have a key that was made for that specific lock. It's very important for the humans that people and animals don't go through this door unless they're allowed to, so they made it really strong with a really good lock." He slid his key in and opened the metal door, gesturing for the pup to go in first.

"Ooooo...Humans make so many weird things," he walked inside.

Rikki chuckled, "That's what they're good at. Hi Jack, have a good hand there?" Jack was sitting at the front desk, playing solitaire on the computer. "Nope," he said, annoyingly quitting, "Just lost." He looked down at the pup, reaching down and petting him, "Hey there little fella, didja have a nice time in the woods?"

Darin nodded, "It was a lot of fun! First we went swimming then we went to Rikki's home!" He smiled.

"Oh did he now!" Jack smiled, he knew about Rikki's tree: he'd carried him to it to visit his family many times during that year when Rikki couldn't walk. "So I have something for you." he turned to the desk and picked up two small collars, examining their tags, which were made of paper which was laminated and framed with plastic. He set one down and handed one down to Darin. "This is a rehab collar. It's a collar we give any animal we're taking care of so people know we're keeping them here."

Darin took the collar, sniffing and examining it. It was a very simplistic collar, white with a red stripe running down the middle. "A collar?" He didn't want to wear it, but he did owe them a lot for taking care of him and helping him so much. "So, how do I...put it on?"

Rikki came up behind him and took the collar, "It might be a little uncomfortable at first, but you'll get used to it." He ruffled and smoothed the fur on the pup's neck before gently pulling the collar around it and snapping the two buttons on. It was loose. "I'm going to tighten it a little now." he carefully tightened it until it didn't wiggle on the pup's neck, but didn't choke him either. Jack just watched, sure that Rikki would have more experience with collars than he did.

Darin felt the collar around his neck, 'It does feel weird...' He messed with the collar a bit more before finally leaving it alone. Looking up to Rikki he asked, "I'm not a pet right, or domeficated?"

Rikki chuckled, "No. You're not a pet. That's a much more complicated process. They have to make sure you know all the human rules and all that, then they make you take this whole test to see if you're domesticated. That's just a collar to tell them you're staying with a human."

"Oh, ok!" He smiled, relieved to hear that.

Rikki smiled and gave the pup a big hug before turning to Jack. "I'm gonna go check on Taku again." he turned back to the pup, "You want to come with?"

Darin nodded, taking Rikki's paw. "I hope he feels better!"

Rikki lead the pup to the vet room, going inside to Taku's cage where he slept. He opened the door and went inside, leaving the pup outside, and sat down next to Taku, stroking his son's head. "Taku? You feel like waking up?" he said softly.
Taku's eyes slowly opened, looking around the room confused for a second while he woke up. He remembered where he was and turned to his father, weakly putting out a paw. Rikki took it in his own and gently rubbed it, motioning for the pup to enter.

Darin walked into the cage, taking a seat next to Rikki. "Do you feel better Taku?"

Taku made a little noise, trying to talk again, but remembered that his mouth was tied shut. He simply tilted his head from side to side to respond. Another IV was attached to his arm now, and several bags dripped into it.
Rikki looked at him, "Do you want to go back to sleep? Should we leave?"
Taku looked at them for a second and shook his head. He held out a paw to the pup, but he was out of reach.

Darin scooted closer, taking Taku's paw in his two little paws.

Taku weakly pulled at him, trying to get him to come closer.

Darin moved until he was right beside Taku, "What is it?"

Taku put his paw on the pup's back and weakly hugged him against his side.

Darin hugged back, careful not to hurt him. He nuzzled his side, "I hope you get better soon. I don't like seeing you hurt..."

Taku closed his eyes. Rikki had snuggled up to him and was nuzzling the side of his head. The door, which was ajar, opened and Jack walked in, holding the second rehab collar. He walked over and kneeled in front of the cage. "Hey Taku. You know what this is?" Taku slowly nodded. "Alright, I'm gonna have Rikki put it on you." Taku nodded a little more and Jack handed the collar to Rikki, who timidly put it on Taku, much more morbid than he had been when he'd put the pup's on. He tightened it a little, leaving it loose and went back to stroking as Jack walked out.

Darin snuggled closer to Taku, looking up to see his face. He saw how weak he looked, and how sad Rikki looked. He stopped snuggling as a painful memory clawed its way from the back of his mind: He was in a small cave, it was raining outside. He was with his Father who was kneeling over Darin's brother, his brother who was sick. His father was had taken them out deep into the forest, showing them important things like water sources and where they should never go alone. It was a fun little trip until Darin's brother fainted, they didn't know what was wrong with him. He was panting heavily as if he had been sitting in the sun all day with no water. It was getting dark, his father picked up the sick cub and they started heading back to their den until it started to rain. They took shelter in a small unoccupied cave, the young cub's status only getting worse. His Father told him it was nothing, and to get some rest. Darin had trouble getting to sleep, but he eventually fell into a restless slumber. When he woke up the next morning he found that his brother had died during the night, and he started crying. His Father carried them both back to their den that day, only for Darin and his mother to cry . (end memory) (Side note, they were born in the same litter, a litter of two)

Darin started crying into Taku's fur, he hated remembering that day. He wish he could just forget, it hurt him so much...

Rikki and Taku looked down at the pup, Rikki leaned over to him and picked him up, pulling him into a hug. "There-there, he'll be better soon. Don't worry..." Taku reached a paw over to the pup, weakly stroking him on the head.

Darin buried his face in Rikki's fur, still sobbing. "No...No...why did you leave me brother...why..." He spoke through his tears, trapped in the memory.

Rikki and Taku looked at each other, unsure what the pup was talking about. Rikki hugged him closer, "Did something happen to your brother little one...?"

Darin looked up to Rikki with tears matting his fur down, finally hearing his words. He let his head slumped down against Rikki's chest. "My brother...he...he died...." He tried to stop crying, but his heart felt so heavy from the pain.

Rikki hugged the pup close again. "I'm sorry to hear that little one. Do you want to talk about it?"

"No..." he sniffled. "Talking about him....won't bring him back..."

Rikki sighed and hugged the pup close again, for once not entirely sure what to do. "Alright then..." he turned in to Taku so the pup was against him too, and Taku held out a paw to stroke the pup.

Darin slowly stopped crying, remembering how his father would get upset with him when he cried so much. His father was like the Dad that expected his kids to grow up fast, and to stop acting like a child. Darin was softly sniffling, "I'm sorry...I shouldn't cry so much.."

Rikki sighed, "No, but you've had a rough couple of days. Sometimes life is hard, but you just need to keep going." He hugged the pup again, "You'll feel better when you see your family again..."

Darin perked up a bit at that, "Yea, I hope they're ok.."

Rikki smiled down at him, "I'm sure they are. Right Taku?" He looked over at Taku. His eyes were closed and he had slumped back against the padded cage wall. Rikki put a paw to his head and rubbed it a bit: he had fallen fast asleep. He spoke softly, "I think we should let him sleep..."

(To be continued)
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"Oh, it's only a few more houses ahead." Sam responded to Sid.
"Alright then," Sid said, throwing down his old, beat up skateboard and jumping on, "Let's go!"
"Hold on..." Sam sat down and put on her rollerblades which she has been carrying. She stood back up, "Ok, I'm ready!"
Zeke lowered the Scooter from his shoulder, releived that he didnt have to walk anymore. "Stupid concrete!" he muttered at the ground.
Sid lazily followed Sam on his skateboard. The wooden board itself was scraped apart on every edge, but he'd kept the wheels themselves in top condition, so he didn't need to work to hard to roll around on it.
Zeke scooted along next to Sid. He was looking forward to seeing Cale again.
Sam lead the way, slowing to a stop in Cale's driveway. "Well this is where he lives. Hopefully he came back home."
Sid slowed and looked up at the two-story house. He wondered what Cale was like, hoping he wouldn't be a rich Nasty Word like Kytes...

Cale and Rocky had just gotten inside, Cale standing by the front door rummaging through the closet searching for the elbow and knee pads his mom was making him look for. "Oh, Rocky can you go get my collar? I nearly forgot about it, heh.." Rocky nodded and headed up the stairs. He had found the first elbow pad when their was a know on the door. He slowly got up, limping to the door.
Cale opened the door and saw Sam and Zeke. "Oh hey Sam, hey Zeke what's-" he stopped, seeing the same cat from earlier.
Sam gasped, "Cale, what happened to you?!"
Sid had hung back at the front walk: going up to other people's houses made him uncomfortable. When the door opened and everything was fine, he turned to walk up to it, not yet seeing who had opened the door.
Zeke's ear twiched when he saw the bandages. "Is that you Cale?"
Cale took a step further,"Yea it's me, I got hurt earlier..." He took another step towards Sid,"Do you know him?" He directed towards Sid. Sam looked at Sid, "Oh I'm sorry, this is Sid. He moved in yesterday."
"Oh hi there. So you're Cale." Sid said, walking to the door and leaning against the side of the house, "I figured you'd make it out ok. Find your collar yet? Or are you tryin' to look like a stray?" he chuckled, "No offense though. Are your brother and that lady-cat alright? They didn't look very conscious, last I saw..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Zander wrote:Felix looked saddened at Joy and Shep Holding hands. He had to think about it, so he closed the door and proceeded into the living room.

"Wh- what do you mean?" Joy asked, concerned for Shep.
"I just feel so bad after what I told Felix earlier on. You and him got together for very long before you moved here. You and I met just a few days ago. I fell in love with you and then take you away from Felix." Shep said in a nearly flustered tone. He knelt down before Joy and held her hands, looking at her with his blue and brown eyes, almost near to tears. "Joy, if you have feelings for me, I beg for your forgiveness. Will you accept my apology?" Shep asked, stuttering.
Last edited by thrasherblades on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Oh, it's only a few more houses ahead." Sam responded to Sid.
"Alright then," Sid said, throwing down his old, beat up skateboard and jumping on, "Let's go!"
"Hold on..." Sam sat down and put on her rollerblades which she has been carrying. She stood back up, "Ok, I'm ready!"
Zeke lowered the Scooter from his shoulder, releived that he didnt have to walk anymore. "Stupid concrete!" he muttered at the ground.
Sid lazily followed Sam on his skateboard. The wooden board itself was scraped apart on every edge, but he'd kept the wheels themselves in top condition, so he didn't need to work to hard to roll around on it.
Zeke scooted along next to Sid. He was looking forward to seeing Cale again.
Sam lead the way, slowing to a stop in Cale's driveway. "Well this is where he lives. Hopefully he came back home."
Sid slowed and looked up at the two-story house. He wondered what Cale was like, hoping he wouldn't be a rich Nasty Word like Kytes...

Cale and Rocky had just gotten inside, Cale standing by the front door rummaging through the closet searching for the elbow and knee pads his mom was making him look for. "Oh, Rocky can you go get my collar? I nearly forgot about it, heh.." Rocky nodded and headed up the stairs. He had found the first elbow pad when their was a know on the door. He slowly got up, limping to the door.
Cale opened the door and saw Sam and Zeke. "Oh hey Sam, hey Zeke what's-" he stopped, seeing the same cat from earlier.
Sam gasped, "Cale, what happened to you?!"
Sid had hung back at the front walk: going up to other people's houses made him uncomfortable. When the door opened and everything was fine, he turned to walk up to it, not yet seeing who had opened the door.
Zeke's ear twiched when he saw the bandages. "Is that you Cale?"
Cale took a step further,"Yea it's me, I got hurt earlier..." He took another step towards Sid,"Do you know him?" He directed towards Sid. Sam looked at Sid, "Oh I'm sorry, this is Sid. He moved in yesterday."
"Oh hi there. So you're Cale." Sid said, walking to the door and leaning against the side of the house, "I figured you'd make it out ok. Find your collar yet? Or are you tryin' to look like a stray?" he chuckled, "No offense though. Are your brother and that lady-cat alright? They didn't look very conscious, last I saw..."
Cale sighed,"Rocky's fine...wait Lady cat? There wasn't any girls their..."

"Wait, slow down. You've guys met already?"
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

"Flake!" His father yelled for him. A Few minutes later, Flake came out, "What do you want?" He looked at his dad, "We won a Vacation trip to Russia!" Flake's eyes was wide open. "Okay, I'm assuming we're leaving today?" He asked His Father, "Heh, You know it." Flake goes up stairs to pack up.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Buckdida wrote:"I haven't the slightest...Uh...maybe you know someone popular around here that could help us find him? That ball getting back to, uh, Sid, is top priority. He has any friends? Acquaintances? Hang out spots-we-need-to-get-the-ghostball-back-to-him NOW."
"No, I hardly know anyone here."

(I won't be on much today...)

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

(More Darin and Rikki)

Darin turned to see that Taku had fallen asleep. "Ok," he slipped out of Rikki's grasp and walked outside of the cage.

Rikki leaned over taku, gently nuzzling his head and adjusting his position before he walked out, latching the cage door behind him.

Darin leaned against Rikki's leg, wanting something fun to do so he could feel better. "Mr.Raccoon what do you do for fun here? This place is filled with weird stuff.."

Rikki laughed quietly as they left the room, closing the door behind him. "I was just thinking about that. Now that you've got that color, I have something really weird to show you. Let me just do something first..." He took the pup to the kitchen and went to the Freezer.

Darin stood by waiting for Rikki, "Something weird?"

"Yeah, I'll tell you about it when we go there..." Rikki opened the freezer leaning into it and pulling out another piece of the meat Darin had eaten earlier. "This is for later." he pointed to the meat, closing the door and setting it on the counter, still in its individual wrapping.

Darin looked at the meat, remembering its delicious flavor before snapping his attention back to Rikki. "Where are we going?"

Rikki took the pup out the back door "It's this weird place that the humans call a 'Visitor's Center', It has a bunch of weird things in it, and they go there to learn silly things about wild animals and ecology. You'll see when we get there..." He led the pup down the paved road to the area near the front of the park.

Darin followed, watching both directions constantly for cars. He had mentally connected that roads were full of the dangers 'cars'.

They reached an area where the forest died out and there were only fields with sparse trees shading picnic tables. Rikki finally looked both ways before crossing another street and then a sidewalk onto a dirt pathway, which was lined with the wood from trees that had been cut down to make the area. In the distance, there was a muffled sound of gunshots.

"W-what was that noise?" Darin moved closer to Rikki.

"Oh, that's just the shooting range." Rikki casually answered, "It's a place where humans go to fire guns at things. There's one underneath the Ranger's Station too, but you're not going down there, and I don't want to take you over there. This is the part of the preserve called a 'park', it's where humans who've paved over all their open fields come when they want open fields."

"Why don't they just keep their own fields?"

"Like I said, it's in their natures to instinctually do weird things like pave over fields, drive cars around, and eat weird things. Sometimes I wonder if they're really normal animals and not some weird thing from someplace... like... not Earth..."

Darin followed along quietly, not sure of what to say.

They came upon a large building which had a large loop of drive in front of it. Rikki led the pup to a back door with a sign on it, opening it up and letting them in. They were in a large hall with museum-like displays along the walls.

Darin looked around the large hall, running up to one of the displays. "What is all of this?"

The display had fake animals in it, things like Raccoon's washing fish in a stream, deer drinking from the other side, and beavers moving logs to a dam in the background. "It's what humans think lakes out in the forest are like."

Darin looked at the display before turning to Rikki. "So, a lake doesn't look like that?"

Rikki laughed, "Not really. At least, humans have a very strange idea about it, like when they're not there, all the animals of the forest suddenly congregate on its shores..." He walked over to a sign next to the display and began reading it aloud: "Lakes are an important part of the ecosystem in a temperate forest. They are a space where all animals in the ecosystem congregate to drink and fish. Here, predator's drink beside prey: water is the most important resource in the harsh world of survival. Blah Blah Blah..."

Darin walked over to the sign, looking at it then Rikki. "You can read? Jack told me earlier that reading was something humans made."

Rikki laughed. "I can't read that well, usually I have to sound things out, but I've read everything in the park so many times I don't have to..."

"Is reading hard? I thought it was something only humans did."

Rikki thought, "I guess. It's kind of a learned skill. I think most pets do it though, and I'm trying to learn how to read and write better right now."

"Write? Is that something you need to read?"

"Yeah, it's when you turn the words into letters and things so that people can read it later. I do that alot..." he pulled out a pen-and-pad from his collar, "Jack has me take these things called 'surveys' for him every season, where I have to go around in the forest and figure out how many of each plant and animal there is so he can show the state that there are things living here."

"Humans are weird..." Darin muttered, walking to another display.

The display had three large wolves in it. They were standing on top of a rock in a clearing. Rikki read the sign: "Wolves are top-level predators, staking out large territories. They have a strict pack-hierarchy, determined by the strongest fighter, which is classified from Greek letters from 'Alpha' to 'Omega'. Many people fear wolves due to their status as powerful hunters, but they are actually afraid of humans. Brookshire Forest has its own pack of wolves, all of which have been strongly conditioned to fear humans and their pets." Rikki scoffed at the end, "Such silliness..."

"strongly conditioned...to fear humans and pets? Why would they do that?" He turned to face Rikki.

"What it means is they took all the wolves aside and explained to them thoroughly what would happen if they ever killed a human or a pet." Rikki responded with crossed arms, as if the whole idea of calling it 'Strong Conditioning' was silly to him. "All the wolves in the forest know not to attack any humans or animals with collars," he jingled his own, "because the idea of a wolf attacking humans and their pets is terrifying to humans, and they might kill the entire pack if something like that happened."

"Oh," he turned and looked at the display of wolves.

They moved along to look at a few more displays before reaching the large, sunlit entrance hall. Roger was there, leaning over the front desk, hitting on the woman who worked there. Rikki took the pup out front to where a few vending machines were lined up.

Darin ran over to a vending machine, gocking at all the colorful wrapped snacks. Of course, he didn't know what they were, but they caught his attention non the less. He reached for one of the colored treats, but his hand fell against an invisable barrier. He tried again only to fail, he tapped at it. "What?" He pressed his face against the invisible barrier, getting more confused.

Rikki laughed, "That's a vending machine, humans keep food in them. There's a glass barrier on the front so you have to pay for things." he walked to one of the machines, pulling out a dollar. He reached up and stuck the dollar in, hitting a large button with his fist. The machine beeped and began to rattle, a vacuum turned on inside.

"Ooooh," Darin watched fascinated.

The machine stopped. Rikki pushed open a door at the bottom, reaching in with the other paw. He pulled out a plastic bag, opening it up to reveal a strange white item on a stick. "THIS," he said, "Is Ice-Cream. It's one of the best inventions the humans have." He took a bite, then held it out to the pup. "Try it!"

Darin sniffed at the ice cream before taking a small bite, surprised a bit at how cold it was. He slowly chewed it, enjoying the flavor. "Mmmm, Ice cream is good!"

Rikki laughed, "It's frozen milk and stuff, so it's great for a hot day like this." He sat down on the curb, his legs tucked up beside him, taking another bite, holding it back out for the pup.

Darin sat next to Rikki on the curb taking another bite. "Mmmm, can we make ice cream when we go back? The lady had milk which she got out of a big white thing."

Rikki laughed, "It's not that easy: I've tried. The humans make this stuff through some weird process in some factory, probably in Chy-na, they make everything in Chy-na..." he mused.

Darin sighed with disapointment, "Oh! Is chy-na far away?"

Rikki thought, "I'm not sure... I remember Jack showing it to me on a ball that had a map of the world on it," he took another bite, holding the Ice cream back out in case the pup wanted any, "I think it was on the other side of the world. But don't worry, humans have crazy ways of making things get places, so it probably only takes them a day to get it here."

Darin took another bite, "I bet they use cars! Matt's car was super fast!"

Rikki laughed, "They probably get a big truck, with a big freezer in the back, and drive it here from China." He pictured a giant version of the industrial-freezer in the vet-room of the station, tied to the back of a truck, filled with Ice cream.

Darin tried to imagine what Rikki described, "Wait, what's a freezer?"

"It's a big box the humans have that keeps things frozen. I put a snowball in Jack's once during the winter and hit Roger with it in the summer." he grinned, "That was funny. He spent the rest of the day trying to figure out who'd thrown it."

Darin's perkiness dropped a bit, he remembered playing in the snow with his brother... "Oh.."

Rikki patted him on the back and handed him the ice cream after taking one last bite. "Here, you finish this. Watch out for the wooden stick though, that's not for chewing."

"Thank you Mr.Raccoon!" Darin quickly, and happily finished the ice cream. "I love ice cream!" He beamed with a smile, he quickly clutched his head with both paws, dropping the stick. "Ow, my head hurts..."

Rikki chucked and rubbed the pup's head, "Oh yeah, if you eat it too fast it'll make your head cold. Just keep your mouth shut tight with your tongue against the top of your mouth and it'll go away."

Darin did as Rikki said, his head pain slowly fading away. He lowered his hands from his head, "It worked!" He hugged Rikki's side.

Rikki laughed and hugged back before getting up and holding out a paw to help the pup up, "C'mon, let's head back so you can have a real meal."

Darin got up holding onto Rikki's paw, his tail wagging. "The same meat from earlier?"

Rikki chuckled, "Oh, I thought someone had gotten into it earlier. Yep. That very same meat I pulled out for you. It should have melted by now, so it won't be a brick." He started leading the pup back to the station.

Darin followed alongside, excited to have a meal again. "This is the best! I never had two meals in one day before, and I had ice cream and milk and learned swimming and I met you!" He snuggled against Rikki as they walked.

Rikki patted the pup beside him, "Well today's your lucky day, isn't it?"

"Really lucky! I can't wait to tell Mother about everything I've seen. They won't believe all the weird things humans have made."

Rikki chuckled, "I'm sure they'll be interested..." It dawned on him that he probably shouldn't have brought the pup that far into human territory to show him such human things, but it probably wouldn't hurt in the long run. He stroked the clinging pup's fur as they walked.

Darin walked quietly for a few minutes, pondering everything that had happened for the last few days. "I wonder if Matt and Frank have ever had ice cream."

Rikki laughed, "I'm sure they have it all the time." he sighed, "Too bad we can't bring any back to Taku, he likes ice-cream, but it'd melt by the time we got there, and he couldn't eat it with his face tied shut like that..." he perked up and ruffled the fur on the pup's back, "oh well."

“When Taku gets better can we come back and get ice cream together?"

Rikki smiled, "Of course! I'm sure he'd love to do that!" He gave the pup a little hug to his side as they walked on.

"Race ya!" Darin smiled, breaking out into a run towards the ranger station.

Rikki laughed and leaped into a run on all fours, quickly overtaking the child. "Bad Idea!" he laughed to the child behind him, turning back around and sliding into a turn as he passed it, turning around near the back door to wait.

Darin turned the corner running on all fours, pouncing Rikki as he got closer.

Rikki opened his arms for the pounce and let the force knock him on his back. He rolled from side to side hugging the pup.

Darin laughed hugging Rikki back, "Your really fast!"

Rikki stopped rolling and let off his hug, ruffling the pup on top of him. He laughed back, "When you get older, you'll be that fast too. You might even be faster than me!"

"You really think so?" he smiled down at Rikki.

"Yep!" Rikki grinned, "Caesar's pups got faster when they grew up, and so did Taku and his brother." He ruffled the pup more before letting him off, getting up and walking to the door, pulling out his keys.

Darin walked to the door, "Taku has a brother? Can I meet him too?"

Rikki laughed, "No, he's long gone now. Raccoons don't stay together like Wolves do, we split up and find our own territories. When my sons were old enough to move out, my mate took my other son to a different forest, and I haven't seen them since." He sighed, "It's like how when wolves grow up, they leave their parents to find their own mates. Raccoons do that fast."

"She just, left you and Taku? I thought mates were suppose to stay together forever...."

Rikki sighed, "Like I said, it doesn't work the same for raccoons. Once we raise a litter, we move on and try to find new mates. I haven't really been looking, now that I have two sons, and I'd be competing with one of them. My old mate might come back some day though, and if she does, I'm always open for her." he sighed, remembering his mate.

Darin hugged Rikki, "I'm sure she will. Your the nicest Raccoon!"

Rikki hugged him back, "Aww, thanks little buddy," he opened the door, "Now let's have something to eat..." He took the pup inside and headed back to the kitchen...

"Yay!" Darin happily followed Rikki, his tail wagging.

Rikki climbed up on the counter and pulled out two plates, hopping down with them. He set them down on the table and went to the fridge. He pulled out a leaf of lettuce, a tomato, and an orange, closing the door behind him and setting them on his plate before picking up the ball of meat. "Ok, let me get this for you..." He unwrapped it and began ripping small pieces off with his teeth, dropping them onto the pup's plate.

Darin looked over at the different foods on Rikki's plate while Rikki was still tearing meat off. "Your going to eat plants?"

"Yeah," Rikki said through gritted teeth, "Ruhcoons don't eat just meat, we eat almost anything that's ederble."

"Ed-er-bal?" Darin questioned.

Rikki finished and was now holding a small chunk of meat which hadn't fully thawed yet. "Edible." he re-pronounced, walking to his plate and setting his meat on it. "Raccoons aren't like wolves, we don't just eat meat all the time, we eat all sorts of things, which makes it easier to survive without hunting." he gestured for the pup to sit down before doing so himself.

Darin climbed onto his chair, needing to stand up to properly eat from his plate. He took a piece of the meat and ate it slowly, enjoying it's taste (unlike earlier when he scarfed down breakfast). "Mmmm, this is good," he started eating his second piece.

Rikki grinned and leaned over his own plate, picking up the tomato and letting the juice splatter onto the rest of his food as he bit into it. He went through it, letting it splash onto his food before moving to the orange, which he did the same thing to, eating some of the skin in the process.

Darin watch Rikki eat with a raised eyebrow, now eating his third piece.

Rikki finally moved onto the ball of meat, wiping it in the juices on the plate before he started gnawing on it, ripping off little bits and swallowing them.

"You eat funny," Darin giggled moving onto another piece of meat.

Rikki chuckled, finishing his ball of meat, "Jack thinks so too. I'm just trying to make the most of all of this nice, fresh food." He swallowed the last of his meat and started idly working down the lettuce. "So how's your meat there?"

Darin nodded, finishing a piece. "It's good! Better then when they had put it in the mic-oh-wave before. I couldn't even eat it, but the lady put it in a loud thingy and it was all mushy!" He grinned and started eating another piece, almost finishing.

Rikki laughed, "I don't use the microwave anymore: it does weird things to food. This one time, I put a dead mouse I found in it to see what would happen..." He smiled at the fond memory.

"What happened to it? Did it get hot?" he said inbetween bites.

Rikki giggled, "I don't know. All I know is that it popped!" he spread his arms, gesturing an explosion, "Its guts were splattered all over the inside of the microwave! Jack was so surprised when I showed him, but I think he knew that would happen... I cleaned that up right after though." he thought, nibbling on his second leaf of lettuce, "That was before last winter, I think...."

Darin finished the last of the meat. "Woooow, microwaving sounds fun!" He smiled, ideas going through his mind.

Rikki sighed, "Yeah, but don't go trying anything. Jack told me not to do anything like that again after that, and it's his house and his microwave, so we follow his rules. So no playing with the microwave, ok?"

"Awww...Ok," He sat down in the chair, the top part of his head only being visable.

Rikki tossed the last piece of lettuce in his mouth and chomped it down, getting up and walking over to the counter. "So, thirsty?" he asked.

“Oooh, can I have milk again? I like milk!" He turned in his chair to face Rikki, tail wagging.

Rikki chuckled, "Milk? You just had Ice-Cream. You'll give yourself a tummy-ache if you have too much." he got two bowls down and began filling them with water from a water-cooler in the back of the room. "Water's good enough for now..."

"Ok.." he slumped against the back of the chair.

Rikki sat a bowl down in his place and sat one in front of the pup, then moved to his own chair. "Alright then." he stuck his face in and lapped up large amounts. He could get extra close and take in bigger gulps than he would at a lake, because this was fresh and in a bowl.

Darin stood up in his seat, leaning down and lapping up the water.

Rikki finished his quick, sticking his paws in the bowl to rub them against the sides, making a funny sound, when he was done. He let out a little giggle as he did so: he enjoyed doing that...

Darin stopped at the sound, looking over to Rikki. "What was that?"

Rikki looked up, still messing with the bowl. "That? Oh, just ignore me. I'm playing with the water that's left in the bowl." He got up and jumped down, taking his own plate and bowl to the sink before walking over to the pup. "You finished?"

Darin lapped at the water a few more times, "Now I am!" He sat back down in the chair.

Rikki cleared the pups plate, walking back over to him and picking him up, snuggling him for a second in his arms. "So, are you feeling tired now?"

"No, I wanna play more." He snuggled against Rikki, stiffling a yawn. (Partly due to his sugar crash)

Rikki chuckled, carrying him into the next room. "Oh? You sound tired."

"Maybe just a little..." he leaned against Rikki's chest, struggling to stay awake.

"Alright," Rikki said, taking him into the vet room. "Hang on a second." he sat the pup in front of Taku's cage, opening the door and going in. He shook his son gently, "Taku, wake up for a second."
Taku's eyes fluttered open, he gazed around wearily.
Rikki pointed to the pup, "Do you want him to sleep with you for a bit?"
Taku wanted to say "Yes!", but he couldn't, so he reached out his paws and made weak grabbing motions toward the pup, showing that he wanted to cuddle him.
"Alright then," Rikki said, "Come here little one..."

"Huh..." Darin was almost asleep, unaware of what was going on. He saw that he was in front Taku's cage, turning to face him. "Taku?"

Rikki took the pup and pulled him into the cage, putting him in Taku's arms so they could sleep together. Taku took him and snuggled up against him, drifting back to sleep.

Darin nuzzled Taku's fur, quickly falling asleep.

Taku snuggled back, falling into a deep sleep himself. Rikki stroked them both briefly before walking out of the cage, latching the door shut behind him. He walked out the door, turning off the main lights and quietly shutting it behind him. He wondered why Matt hadn't contacted him yet, he decided to head into town...

(The end)
Zander

Post by Zander »

thrasherblades wrote:
Zander wrote:Felix looked saddened at Joy and Shep Holding hands. He had to think about it, so he closed the door and proceeded into the living room.

"Wh- what do you mean?" Joy asked, concerned for Shep.
"I just feel so bad after what I told Felix earlier on. You and him got together for very long before you moved here. You and I met just a few days ago. I fell in love with you and then take you away from Felix." Shep said in a nearly flustered tone. He knelt down before Joy and held her hands, looking at her with his blue and brown eyes, almost near to tears. "Joy, if you have feelings for me, I beg for your forgiveness. Will you accept my apology?" Shep asked, stuttering.

"I- i accept" She stared back with her Yellow eyes.
Neko wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote: Cale and Rocky had just gotten inside, Cale standing by the front door rummaging through the closet searching for the elbow and knee pads his mom was making him look for. "Oh, Rocky can you go get my collar? I nearly forgot about it, heh.." Rocky nodded and headed up the stairs. He had found the first elbow pad when their was a knock on the door.
Cale sighed,"Rocky's fine...wait Lady cat? There wasn't any girls their..."

"Wait, slow down. You've guys met already?"

(I hate it when people control my character. now whats happening? Zeke, sid and sam are inside? outside?)

Rocky came back downstairs with Cale's collar. "Uhh- Cale i have your-" He stopped when he noticed the small group of pets.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Shep got up as he heard her reply. He smiled and hugged her, wagging his tail. "Thank you. I promise I'll take care of you from now on. And hey, I think we gotta git back to the grill too. Oh yeah one more thing...here!" Shep said, passing her a pair of goggles and ear muffs. "These are for you to use at the shooting range later. My dad asked me to bring it to you to see if they can fit. Go on." Shep said.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Zander

Post by Zander »

"oh- uh.. ok." Joy put on the glasses and ear muffs, they fit perfectly. "These fit great! How do i look?" She struck a pose for Shep.

Meanwhile,
Felix was watching through Joy's house's window. What? whats with the firearm equipment? does he like shoot guns or- Oh... joy likes "Bad" boys. Well we'll see about this...

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Last time I saw Shep, he was over at Joy's house," Jacob replied.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Dr. Prower wrote:"Last time I saw Shep, he was over at Joy's house," Jacob replied.
"Oh hey look Mr Shepard!" Enya called out to Robert, pointing in the direction of Joy's house. Joy was posing in front of Shep on the driveway while wearing her protective gear that the husky gave her earlier on. "Joy!!! Hahaha hey you look like...cute!!! Doesn't she look cute Jacob? And aww she's posing for her cute boyfriend too!!" Enya called out to her.

Zander wrote:"oh- uh.. ok." Joy put on the glasses and ear muffs, they fit perfectly. "These fit great! How do i look?" She struck a pose for Shep.

Meanwhile,
Felix was watching through Joy's house's window. What? whats with the firearm equipment? does he like shoot guns or- Oh... joy likes "Bad" boys. Well we'll see about this...
"J....Joy.....Wow, you look awesome..." Shep replied, eyes widened. "Hahaha first Enya, and now you! Any more of these hot girl poses will render me into a heart attack soon." Shep said, holding her hand and leading her to his house.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob began to laugh. "Enya, is there anything you don't think is cute?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Enya looked at Jacob. "I have been seeing nothing but sand, my father's mansion, butlers, millions of cats back home. How are they cute?! Hello!!!" Enya laughed, hugging Jacob.

"Oh yeah Jacob, try these on." Robert said, passing him a pair of goggles and ear muffs for the shootout later. "Try 'em on and see wether they fit son." he said.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob hugged Enya back, laughing with her. Once he let go of her, he took the protective gear from Robert and equipped himself with it. "So, do I look cool in these?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"In my honest opinion, you look rather dashing my handsome prince of a boyfriend." Enya said, swooning over him. Robert gave her's shortly and she put them on, snugging them onto her eyes and ears carefully. She copied the same pose as Joy did. "Good enough to be a gunslinger?" Enya said, giggling.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob grinned. "Everyone should think twice about messing with you." He kissed her and said, "You look really hot!"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Shep! Shep! C'mon man show our dear friends to the backyard!" Robert called out, grabbing his beer and heading out to the green backyard.

"Oh! Right, er Joy, let's go! C'mon!" Shep said, snapping out of his love daze staring at Joy in her hot pose. He grabbed her hand and sped off to the backyard.

"Mmmmm I so want your kitteh.....UH I MEAN!" Enya said, blushing a deep red as she looked back at Jacob. "Uh what I meant was I so want to...get some food at the uh...BBQ....OKAY LET'S GO!!!! Chris! Jessica! THIS WAY!!!" Enya said, blushing as she grabbed Jacob's hand and sped off to the backyard.

Everyone was now at the backyard of the Shepard residence. Tables were set up as well as a big giant grill filled with hot food and a cooler which contained the drinks and beer. "Alright everyone..." Robert said, grabbing a can of beer from the cooler and popping it open. "I wanna thank you guys for comin' down to celebrate our housewarming into this new neighborhood and of course the opening of our new indoor range. I hope we can bond ties together in the days to come. So here's a toast to good days ahead! Cheers everybody and enjoy yourselves!" Robert exclaimed, raising the can and gulping a shot of the liquid.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob picked up a can of cola, raised his paw, and added, "Here's to Robert's awesomeness!" He opened the can and took a big sip. "Now someone point me to the free food."
Zander

Post by Zander »

"Heh, thanks" Joy said, blushing. She walked beside Shep.

Felix saw his moment of opportunity to show off to Joy. He sneaked out the side door and made his way off the side of the street, seeing a small group of pets. He waited near the bushes, watching. Lets see, i need someone strong, someone that seems like they could beat me up, yet can't... hmm He scanned the group of pets. Aha! He walked over to the group of pets in the doorway, walking as though he knew all of them.
He walked up to the big Husky, trying to act as though he knew him to trick the surrounding pets. "Oh hey- err" He looked at his collar and tag "umm- Big R!"
Rocky looked at Felix, confused. "D- do i know you?"
"Of coarse you know me! remember?" Felix let out a big grin toward Rocky, grabbing his arm and pulling him out into the front yard.
"Ok, when-" He looked over at Sheps house to see Joy go out of sight. "Dang it!"
"Wait- hold on. Who are you and what are you talking about?" Rocky pushed for answers.
"I- i... uhh. i came here to invite you to the cookout. so- do you want to come?"
"oh- uhh... sure, let me go tell Ca-""NO! Uhh. i mean nah, i already told him."

They both walked over to Shep's house, walking into the backyard. He pushed Rocky over toward the food table. "Go get some food or something."

"oh, hey Shep, o'l buddy." Felix said, playfully punching Shep in the shoulder as Rocky walked over and looked at the food table.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Dr. Prower wrote:Jacob picked up a can of cola, raised his paw, and added, "Here's to Robert's awesomeness!" He opened the can and took a big sip. "Now someone point me to the free food."
Enya went to the grill and picked out some hamburgers, hot dogs and pot roast beef for Jacob, his owners and herself, grabbing some drinks as she went back. She laid them in front of Jacob and sat down beside him. "Here you go!" Enya said, giving a burger to Jacob.
Zander wrote:"Heh, thanks" Joy said, blushing. She walked beside Shep.

Felix saw his moment of opportunity to show off to Joy. He sneaked out the side door and made his way off the side of the street, seeing a small group of pets. He waited near the bushes, watching. Lets see, i need someone strong, someone that seems like they could beat me up, yet can't... hmm He scanned the group of pets. Aha! He walked over to the group of pets in the doorway, walking as though he knew all of them.
He walked up to the big Husky, trying to act as though he knew him to trick the surrounding pets. "Oh hey- err" He looked at his collar and tag "umm- Big R!"
Rocky looked at Felix, confused. "D- do i know you?"
"Of coarse you know me! remember?" Felix let out a big grin toward Rocky, grabbing his arm and pulling him out into the front yard.
"Ok, when-" He looked over at Sheps house to see Joy go out of sight. "Dang it!"
"Wait- hold on. Who are you and what are you talking about?" Rocky pushed for answers.
"I- i... uhh. i came here to invite you to the cookout. so- do you want to come?"
"oh- uhh... sure, let me go tell Ca-""NO! Uhh. i mean nah, i already told him."

They both walked over to Shep's house, walking into the backyard. He pushed Rocky over toward the food table. "Go get some food or something."

"oh, hey Shep, o'l buddy." Felix said, playfully punching Shep in the shoulder as Rocky walked over and looked at the food table.
"Oh uh hey there pardner.." Shep said, turning around from the grill as he was returning to Joy with some food in a plate. "Glad you could come. Want anything. Oh wait, who's that other husky over there? A friend of yours??" Shep asked, pointing to Rocky who was getting a can of cola.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Thank you, Miss 'I want your kitteh'," Jacob said, smiling as he took a big bite of the burger. "Seriously, why did you say that back there?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Enya blushed the more she thought of how she should tell him. She then took a bite out of some beef steak and turned to him. "Okay Jacob, I don't know wether you're going to accept this. That night when you sent me back home from my concert, I dreamt of us....having...ulp....kittens....ANDWEWERERIDINGAUNICORNOVERARANBOWANDTHEN...." Enya said, going on.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Whoa whoa, slow down!" Jacob interrupted. "I couldn't understand anything after 'kittens'." Jacob took another bite of his burger, sipped his cola, and said, "So you really dreamed about that?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Enya panted after running her mouth with a few miles of words. She blushed real hard and faced Jacob again. "Uh....so I just dreamed of having kittens with you in this imaginary unicorn land in my head haahaa..." Enya said, already closing her eyes. Yes. I am so screwed. God help me. Enya thought as she braced for impact.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob sat there, silent for a minute. Then, out of nowhere, he just started laughing.
Zander

Post by Zander »

thrasherblades wrote:"Oh uh hey there pardner.." Shep said, turning around from the grill as he was returning to Joy with some food in a plate. "Glad you could come. Want anything. Oh wait, who's that other husky over there? A friend of yours??" Shep asked, pointing to Rocky who was getting a can of cola.
"Yay!" Joy exclaimed at the food, taking a bite out of the burger.

"Yeah, i didnt have anything else to do so i decided i should come." He turned around to look at Rocky, who was having trouble on how to open the can "Nope, never seen him before.' He grabbed a random can of cola on a nearby table and pulled the tab to open it. He started drinking.

What idiot puts drinks in unopenable cans? Rocky thought, looking at the can. Eventually he just got fed up and used his teeth to rip a hole in the side of the aluminum can, he then drank it out of the side.

Felix almost spit his Cola out seeing Rocky do that. Maybe i shouldn't have chose him...

Rocky made his way over to the three who were looking at him. Felix walked away slowly in the opposite direction.

"Hey- uhh- are you running this place? Its cool." Rocky smiled at the two.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Dr. Prower wrote:Jacob sat there, silent for a minute. Then, out of nowhere, he just started laughing.
Enya pouted as she smirked at Jacob started laughing. "Oh but I'm serious, boyfriend! We had this kitten named Peaches and another one named...ahhh nevermind I guess hahahaha..." Enya said as she laughed along with Jacob, taking a bite of her food. "But kittehs or not, I still love you Jacob..." Enya said, her head on his shoulder.

Zander wrote:
thrasherblades wrote:"Oh uh hey there pardner.." Shep said, turning around from the grill as he was returning to Joy with some food in a plate. "Glad you could come. Want anything. Oh wait, who's that other husky over there? A friend of yours??" Shep asked, pointing to Rocky who was getting a can of cola.

"Yeah, i didnt have anything else to do so i decided i should come." He turned around to look at Rocky, who was having trouble on how to open the can "Nope, never seen him before.' He grabbed a random can of cola on a nearby table and pulled the tab to open it. He started drinking.

What idiot puts drinks in unopenable cans? Rocky thought, looking at the can. Eventually he just got fed up and used his teeth to rip a hole in the side of the aluminum can, he then drank it out of the side.

Felix almost spit his Cola out seeing Rocky do that. Maybe i shouldn't have chose him...

Rocky made his way over to the three who were looking at him. Felix walked away slowly in the opposite direction.

"Uh yeah. Me and my Dad both. What's happenin' is that we just moved into the neighborhood see, and my dad constructed this huge underground shooting range. So we're having this house warming BBQ and the chance to try out this range." Shep replied, making both of them burgers and handing it to them. "I'm Shep by the way. And this here is Joy, my girlfriend. What about you?" Shep asked.
Last edited by thrasherblades on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob put an arm around Enya and smiled. "And I love you. But we are NOT having kittens this soon." He laughed once more and finished his burger and cola.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Okay guys, food's been great and all but now the real fun starts. You are all welcome to now try out shooting at the range. Those who wanna come follow me! Shep! You will be supervisin'! You come as well son!" Robert said, going into the kitchen and down the steps which led to the range.

"Ooh oh Jacob we're going to start shooting already! I'll help put your gear on and you put on mine!!!" Enya said, snuggling on Jacob's gear onto his face and ears.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob put the protective gear on Enya and smiled. "You're gonna love this, I can tell." Jacob took Enya's hand and walked with her as they followed Robert to the shooting range. "I as so excited! I bet I'll do better this time around."
Zander

Post by Zander »

thrasherblades wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:Jacob sat there, silent for a minute. Then, out of nowhere, he just started laughing.
Enya pouted as she smirked at Jacob started laughing. "Oh but I'm serious, boyfriend! We had this kitten named Peaches and another one named...ahhh nevermind I guess hahahaha..." Enya said as she laughed along with Jacob, taking a bite of her food. "But kittehs or not, I still love you Jacob..." Enya said, her head on his shoulder.

Zander wrote:

"Uh yeah. Me and my Dad both. What's happenin' is that we just moved into the neighborhood see, and my dad constructed this huge underground shooting range. So we're having this house warming BBQ and the chance to try out this range." Shep replied, making both of them burgers and handing it to them. "I'm Shep by the way. And this here is Joy, my girlfriend. What about you?" Shep asked.
Joy waved to Rocky as Shep said her name.

"Hey, my names Rocky." He said happily.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Zander wrote: Joy waved to Rocky as Shep said her name.
"Hey, my names Rocky." He said happily.
"Nice to meet ya pardner." Shep said, shaking his hand. His Dad soon called him into the range. "Hey Rocky! We're gonna do some shootin' right now. Let's go!" Shep said, taking his girlfriend's hand and leading both Joy and Rocky into the underground range.

"So this 'ere is th' range folks. I got 'em foxholes and pistols at each side of the table in there." Robert said, pointing to the items. "Ammunition is 'ere jest in case you run out if ya wanna do more.." he said, pointing to a metal cabinet at the side. Shep jerked his arm gently at Jacob and pointed to the cabinet. "Heh. Brings back memories doesn't it pal." he said, smirking. Shep then gathered the pets around to a table after Robert's briefing. "Okay guys. For those who haven't fired a weapon before listen up. Live ammo is being used here so I want you all to excercise EXTREME CAUTION. Got it?" Shep then spent an hour teaching them how to load and reload, and demonstrated how to hold a pistol and pulling the trigger, ending up with all bullseyes on every target.

"Okay guys get snugged into your protective gear and get in the foxholes. I'll start the targets when all are ready." Shep said, handing protective gear to Rocky and Felix. He turned to Joy and helped her put hers on. "Joy! In here beside me! Felix and Rocky, take the middle two! Enya and Jacob, the last two at th' corner." Shep said, hopping into his and lowering Joy into hers.

"Oooh Jacob this is so exciting! Enya said, taking up her pistol and loading it with a magazine. I bet you can't score like...3 bullseyes! Good luck hehehe." Enya said, kissing him on the nose and getting ready.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"I bet I can hit those bullseyes easily!" Jacob said, grinning as he waited for the targets to appear.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Err- Joy looked at the pistol (im guessing its a 9mm?) and picked it up. being sure not to point it at anyone.
She had a little trouble pulling it back to load a round, but succeeded eventually. She pointed the sight at the target and slowly pulled the trigger.

BANG

The sound was so loud it even hurt her ears through the ear protection.

"D-d-did i d-do good?" Joy asked Shep, still shaken up.

Rocky looked at Felix who was getting ready to shoot. "where is Cale?" Rocky asked, Felix pulled the shot and missed the target completely.
"Would you shut up?! I'm trying to shoot! Stupid mutt" Felix Aggravated Rocky with his attitude. but Rocky turned back to the pistol, picking it up and firing it to the targets, along with Felix.

-Robert Louis Stevenson