HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:"yay! I mean, in this case you must replicate the pose of the statuette. Leave the rest to me." He sat down on the floor, then, his tongue tip sticking out in the cutest way, started chipping at the wood with delicate movements.
Buster copied the statue's pose as closely as possible.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles sighed and looked towards the west. Still with worry.

"Sigh, I suppose," he said, "But, how can we warn the others? Without warning them?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus's eyes went to and from his bunny mate. "I think we should organize the picnic for another day. Tonight...I want to be in the best corner of this community and look at the sunset with you and only you. I want to look at the stars. I forgot how the night sky looks, except for movies and pictures. But it's not the same thing. I don't even know how the night *smells*. And..." he paused to give Buster his warmer smile. "And I want to share all of this with you at my side, without...anyone else nearby. It's my first time since, you know, and I want it to be special." he blushed, implying what else he had in mind with that simple word.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:Miles sighed and looked towards the west. Still with worry.

"Sigh, I suppose," he said, "But, how can we warn the others? Without warning them?"
"We don't," Tara answered. "The Hunter said we couldn't tell anyone, but he didn't say we had to run interference for him. Buster and Janus know something's wrong, if the Hunter takes over again they're sure to let the others know to be wary."
valerio wrote:Janus's eyes went to and from his bunny mate. "I think we should organize the picnic for another day. Tonight...I want to be in the best corner of this community and look at the sunset with you and only you. I want to look at the stars. I forgot how the night sky looks, except for movies and pictures. But it's not the same thing. I don't even know how the night *smells*. And..." he paused to give Buster his warmer smile. "And I want to share all of this with you at my side, without...anyone else nearby. It's my first time since, you know, and I want it to be special." he blushed, implying what else he had in mind with that simple word.
"We'll have to let everyone else know that there's a change of plans," Buster said while holding his pose. "Wouldn't want them showing up at the park hungry and disappointed."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"We'll have to let everyone else know that there's a change of plans," Buster said while holding his pose. "Wouldn't want them showing up at the park hungry and disappointed."
"I will provide to that..." he paused for a moment, then, "There. Those who own a phone just received a message about this new development. Those who do not have received a voice mail at their home."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Sigh fine," Miles said, "Say Hubert, since we can't do anything else about the matter as of now. Do you think I could learn something offensive or defensive from you?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Sigh fine," Miles said, "Say Hubert, since we can't do anything else about the matter as of now. Do you think I could learn something offensive or defensive from you?"
"That would be a good idea. Tara, do I understand you too want to learn?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:
xhunterko wrote:"Sigh fine," Miles said, "Say Hubert, since we can't do anything else about the matter as of now. Do you think I could learn something offensive or defensive from you?"
"That would be a good idea. Tara, do I understand you too want to learn?"
"I do," She replied.
------------
valerio wrote:"I will provide to that..." he paused for a moment, then, "There. Those who own a phone just received a message about this new development. Those who do not have received a voice mail at their home."
Thanks," Buster said.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I do," She replied.
"Very well. the first thing you must remember is, your level of physical interaction reflects the same level you had during your mortal life: In other words, you cannot move more mass than you could do as living entities.
"Second, and this is the major drawback, since you no longer possess a body that produces the necessary energy, you can only draw it from the environment, and this will cause a thermodynamic unbalance. Namely, even moving one kilogram of matter will cause a massive cold all around you; like a field. And that may even hurt those who you want to help.
"Third, and this is *apparently* a convenient loop, you may possess a physical body to do your bidding...But possession will put you in direct contact with raw living energies. And this in turn will trigger your hunger, your still unrelenting instinct to be alive.
"You may delude yourselves into thinking that you can resist it, but the longer the possession goes on, the weaker you become, the stronger the merging. And then you will be left with a husk devoid of the very soul and life of the one you intended to use.
"And be careful, *very* careful: even if you may think that possessing a wicked mortal will not pose a problem to that mortal's opponents, *you* will be hungry for more. Once tasted new life, you will want more. And more."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Right, note to self, don't possess," Miles said, "But still though, that cold field could prove useful correct?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Right, note to self, don't possess," Miles said, "But still though, that cold field could prove useful correct?"
Hubert nodded. "Cold saps the strength from the living ones, so yes. If you two master your ability to focus to interact on the physical plane, the simplest of gestures will prove your adversary's weakness."
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Marine Fox wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:
sunauto wrote: Perking his ears as the female fox calls out to them he points to himself before getting up and from his spot and padding over to the booth. Although he wanted desperately to know what they had been talking about he kept silent. Some people didn't like it when you asked what they were talking about and he didn't care to get on the bad side of the two foxes, or the deputy for that matter. He carefully slides into an open spot on one of the booth seats before fidgeting with the bandana around his neck. "So everything is all good now? No fighting or anything?"
"hehe no Riley" Serenade answered , chuckled at the dog's concern "We're not fighting at all , the deputy agreed to give us a little more time to think about it , that's all"

Duke looked over at Riley, a half smile appearing
Yep"
agreeing with Serenade
"Indeed I did gave them some time to think. It's the least I could do." Deputy John Smith said. then a certain thought came to his mind "Say, I know that there aren't any hovels in the forest, nor there are any good places for those. Are you two living in the abandoned houses?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

The Moon Howler wrote:"Indeed I did gave them some time to think. It's the least I could do." Deputy John Smith said. then a certain thought came to his mind "Say, I know that there aren't any hovels in the forest, nor there are any good places for those. Are you two living in the abandoned houses?"
"well....erm....yes I guess you could say so" Serenade answered , a little surprised at the sudden question "Unlike Duke , this is my first day here , and well , we did found an abandoned house that we think could provide enough shelter , but it's just a plan at this moment"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Hubert nodded. "Cold saps the strength from the living ones, so yes. If you two master your ability to focus to interact on the physical plane, the simplest of gestures will prove your adversary's weakness."
"I'll keep that in mind," Tara said.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"So, what kind of simple gestures?" Miles asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I will show you. Let us go to the attic."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles turned invisible again, and slipped himself through the roof through it's cracks. Materializing in the attic moments later.
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

serence ice fox wrote:
The Moon Howler wrote:"Indeed I did gave them some time to think. It's the least I could do." Deputy John Smith said. then a certain thought came to his mind "Say, I know that there aren't any hovels in the forest, nor there are any good places for those. Are you two living in the abandoned houses?"
"well....erm....yes I guess you could say so" Serenade answered , a little surprised at the sudden question "Unlike Duke , this is my first day here , and well , we did found an abandoned house that we think could provide enough shelter , but it's just a plan at this moment"
Smiles easily when he learns of the agreement to give them more time to consider what to do, it was a hard thing t o think on he reasoned."That's good at least, and did you say your thinking about staying in an abandoned house? We used to have one near us where we used to live. I got in trouble for going near it though, Dad said it was filled with angry racoons. If your abandoned house place has racoons in it what will you do?" He looked towards the male fox as he asked the question.
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:Miles turned invisible again, and slipped himself through the roof through it's cracks. Materializing in the attic moments later.
Tara did the same
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The attic, just as so many houses, served more as a repository for various kind of assorted items.
Among them, toys. Their colors and shapes suggested they belonged to a younger Janus.
To a pup whose years were brutally cut off from his life...
"The ball," Hubert pointed one of the objects. "Miles, you first. Try and grab it as if you still had your flesh limbs."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

sunauto wrote: Smiles easily when he learns of the agreement to give them more time to consider what to do, it was a hard thing t o think on he reasoned."That's good at least, and did you say your thinking about staying in an abandoned house? We used to have one near us where we used to live. I got in trouble for going near it though, Dad said it was filled with angry racoons. If your abandoned house place has racoons in it what will you do?" He looked towards the male fox as he asked the question.
Duke looked at Riley as he questioned him about raccoon's and seeing the best opportunity he had he definitely wanted to play this out bit so he just gave a small grin, glancing from Serenade back to Riley
"Dinner heh"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Okay," Miles went over and attempted to pick it up.
valerio

Post by valerio »

As he saw the immaterial paws passing through the object, Hubert said, "Focus. You must make a conscious effort to remember your body. You must go past the trauma of your death and remember everything that made you feel alive. This may scare you, because it may make you realize what you are no more. And that is why ghosts who interact are often enraged, because they remember.
"And that in turn leads them to possess, because they cannot accept to be stuck in their condition. But you, Miles, and you, Tara, must focus your anger and your fear and channel them into your will to help your protégés."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Marine Fox wrote:
sunauto wrote: Smiles easily when he learns of the agreement to give them more time to consider what to do, it was a hard thing t o think on he reasoned."That's good at least, and did you say your thinking about staying in an abandoned house? We used to have one near us where we used to live. I got in trouble for going near it though, Dad said it was filled with angry racoons. If your abandoned house place has racoons in it what will you do?" He looked towards the male fox as he asked the question.
Duke looked at Riley as he questioned him about raccoon's and seeing the best opportunity he had he definitely wanted to play this out bit so he just gave a small grin, glancing from Serenade back to Riley
"Dinner heh"
hearing Duke calling the raccoons "dinner" , Serenade just facepawed and let out a smile , wonder how the others would react to his joke......well , at least she hoped that was a joke anyway
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Gulps as he learns of the fate of the the racoons. "Di...dinner? like food? not bringing them food but eating them?! Isn't that a bit savage..? If you want I could sneak you some food so you don't have to eat the racoons... they are only bad when they try to get into your garbage bag..."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:As he saw the immaterial paws passing through the object, Hubert said, "Focus. You must make a conscious effort to remember your body. You must go past the trauma of your death and remember everything that made you feel alive. This may scare you, because it may make you realize what you are no more. And that is why ghosts who interact are often enraged, because they remember.
"And that in turn leads them to possess, because they cannot accept to be stuck in their condition. But you, Miles, and you, Tara, must focus your anger and your fear and channel them into your will to help your protégés."
Tara did as instructed. She thought back to her days in England. She remembered avoiding dog-catchers, she remembered playing with Buster in the woods. She remembered fighting the wolf that wanted to eat Buster. She remembered dying to save her fiend, the most alive she ever felt...

She grabbed a another toy instead of the ball since Miles was still trying to grab that.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Had anyone living been in there, the sudden drop in temperature would have felt like a cold wave radiating from the toy -in this case a still brand new squeaky bone- as it moved slightly.
Hubert seemed impressed. It was rare that a first attempt could be successfull...
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Try as he might. He couldn't quite get it. One time it felt like he'd grabbed it, then slipped out of his fingers at the last minute.

What's wrong with me?
He thought, noticing Tara's success. Sure this couldn't be too hard right? Right? RIGHT!? He was now getting frustrated. Angry at himself, Tara, the Hunter. But mostly the Hunter. Couldn't he just leave well enough alone?! He'd nearly killed Janus with his portion of their body's life. Wasn't that enough to suffice him? Can't he give the poor dog some peace? Increasingly frustrated, Miles kicked at the ball instead...
valerio

Post by valerio »

This time, the temperature drop was so sudden that plumbing creaked, as the ball *flew* against the wall and thumped.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles stared at it in disbelief. He gulped.

"Bad?" He said, looking to Hubert.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus' ears flicked at the sound coming from upstairs. "What was that?" then he shivered. "Wow, is it my impression or it's cold like a freezer all of a sudden?"

Back in the attic, Hubert nodded to Miles. "Your passions are stronger than I estimated. it is a characteristic of some ghosts to get more frustrated and angry, and eventually do what you did. This means that you have to learn the other way around, namely how to *restrain* yourself. Something is gnawing at you, as the mortals would say."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh lovely," Miles said, flattening his ears and crossing his arms.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

sunauto wrote:Gulps as he learns of the fate of the the racoons. "Di...dinner? like food? not bringing them food but eating them?! Isn't that a bit savage..? If you want I could sneak you some food so you don't have to eat the racoons... they are only bad when they try to get into your garbage bag..."
serence ice fox wrote: hearing Duke calling the raccoons "dinner" , Serenade just facepawed and let out a smile , wonder how the others would react to his joke......well , at least she hoped that was a joke anyway
Duke noticed Serenades expression out of the corner of his eye and hearing Riley's expression, Duke knew he had to let him have it. So with a small grin but otherwise serious facade Duke responded to Riley
"Oh no, its quite a routine, besides nothing sits as well as Raccoon"
Duke struggled but he did his bets to hold in a smile and chuckle
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Janus' ears flicked at the sound coming from upstairs. "What was that?" then he shivered. "Wow, is it my impression or it's cold like a freezer all of a sudden?"
"Now that you mention it, yes," Buster said. "I know that tends to happen in haunted houses, maybe Hubert and the others are doing something?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Yup. And I definitely don't want to--say, the way you spoke...Do you have experience with haunted houses?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Not really," Buster replied, still holding his pose. "I've just read a lot about that kind of thing online."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Great. I just hate cliche's. Tara's the good, well mannered student and I'm now the wild, rebellious, and irresponsible student," he said with his head down, "What can I do now?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Without stopping his work, actually working as if didn't need to see what he was doing, Janus wagged his tail and made a mock, ominous face at the rabbit. "Ohh, and did you watch "The Sixth Sense"? Scaaaryy.."
---
"Do not be upset by this duality: Both of you have your own way to interact with the physical plane: Which means that your adversaries will not know what to expect. Difference will be your strength, not the tail end of a joke."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Let's just hope it's not the tail end of a meal, or a splat of goo," Miles said, "So what's next? Keep trying this? Or something else?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

"That depends on our 'responsible student'. Tara?"