2013/10/23 - Ages Ago

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Re: 2013/10/23 - Ages Ago

Post by GeckoZY »

If Sabrina keep on making those faces, she wouldn't need to tell her age. That long ago? She's definitely old. *MAULED*
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Thoughts going through Grape's mind after listening to Sabrina in panel 2:
"Learn to let go? Give up? ON JATA?
Who in the right mind...Oh Sabrina you silly silly girl." XD

But only in the case of if Grape still blinded by Jata's hunkiness and still doesn't see him as a jerk :P

Also,
Render wrote:so let's say Sabrina is born around 1993-95, she now is 18-20 years old. So she just started the 2nd half of her lifespan.
DOES FIDO KNOW THIS
HOW OLD IS FIDO
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Argent

Post by Argent »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Wondering what the heck is that on the table next to G and S in the opening background shot. Looks like a fire hydrant with a straw poking out of it.
ENHANCE!
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: I've been wondering where Tarot's been. Has she been attempting things from behind the scenes, or still pouting because Rick didn't include her in the tags in her last appearence.
Probably had to go back to psychic boot camp for a refresher on how to function without an all powerful spirit to call on.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

deepskycyan wrote:Also,
Render wrote:so let's say Sabrina is born around 1993-95, she now is 18-20 years old. So she just started the 2nd half of her lifespan.
DOES FIDO KNOW THIS
HOW OLD IS FIDO
I have my doubts that Fido knows. He even did not know that she was born abroad.
And I do not know how old Fido is.

But lets think a little about this. Some years already passed since the comic startet, also in the comic. At the beginning I would say Peanut & Co were around seven to nine years. Around four years later they are eleven to thirteen now. Fido is, as I think, about 3 years older so lets say about fifteen.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

The only character whose age we actually know anything about is Duke, who was "like four years old" in 2010.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/05/ ... ning-room/
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

This is like one of those scenes where everyone bursts down the doors to save the girl from a villain ~ Except Jata's not technically a villain. And Keene is not ~ oh, wait. he is a evil wedding designer.

I was wondering if the Concord disguise was going to be kept up on the wedding day. I don't know whether to expect a plot twist or if Rick just loves drawing Grape with a manly beard. =P

Grape and Sabrina's age difference wasn't much of a secret, but since she brought it up, i'm wondering if she's going to start taking Sabrina's advice a lot more? Doubt it since Sabrina looks like she could chew Grape's head until she's bald at this point. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Nice work with the poem, Welsh! And I love the reference to Cats! That's one of my favourite musicals!

Also, who can see Grape doing this at Jata's wedding? Please excuse the rude gesture briefly seen therein. I promise the rest of the video is completely inoffensive. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Argent wrote:The only character whose age we actually know anything about is Duke, who was "like four years old" in 2010.
Duke is the only named character with a stated age, and the only other one that I know of is https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/06/ ... the-brain/. Part of what makes this fun to think of now is that we haven't majorly done so before, hence all of the mathematical estimations.
GameCobra wrote:I was wondering if the Concord disguise was going to be kept up on the wedding day. I don't know whether to expect a plot twist or if Rick just loves drawing Grape with a manly beard. =P
I don't know about Rick, but I happen to like that look for her.
Gren wrote:I don't think so. It has been said that the role of avatar (at least for the case of Dragon) is passed through generations. Therefore, Sabrina must be significantly younger than Tarot or otherwise it wouldn't have sense.
However, perhaps since they're in contact with SD powers and all that psychic things they got an extended life? Though that shouldn't break the rule of not messing with the mortals' pass to eternity? Bah, they've done the same when they turned Joel into a dog.
For all we know, they could have gone a generation backwards. We may be going a bit far into that particular point though, Tarot and Sabrina's age relation could be essentially anything. Tampering with their ages I don't think would be an issue if they agreed, consent for alteration seems to be the celestial rule there.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Sabrina wrote:I may have neglected to mention beforehand: most animals in our world have significantly longer lifespans and smaller litter numbers than in your own. It’s still not the length of a human lifespan for most—elephants still only live about eighty years, and most ungulates still hover around forty and approach fifty, but dogs and cats also live up to forty years, though in the wild that number is often closer to fifteen. On average, anyway.
That's our current Word of Rick.

And the author decides he doesn't want to research African weddings :lol:
ryth

Post by ryth »

Peanut: She's waking up! Grape?
Grape: Peanut? How long have I been out?
Peanut: Several days.
Grape: Sounds about right.
Peanut:... Wow... So you accept the fact that seeing Jata knocked you out for several days? Its been an hour...
Grape: Ok then... OHMYGOSH I FOGOT ABOUT SABRINA BYE PEANUT! *sprints out the door

I almost forgot,
Argent wrote:The only character whose age we actually know anything about is Duke, who was "like four years old" in 2010.

you forgot about... the... uhhh.....
neighbor dog?
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/06/ ... the-brain/

Mod Edit: Please do not double post. If you need to add more information to a thread and yours is the most recent post, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner.
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Gren

Post by Gren »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Stuff. wrote:Why is it that I'm suddenly thinking of an arc years down the line where a pet actually dies of old age

oh dear, that would not be fun
Unless Rick was going for shock value (ie one of the K9s gets shot in the line of duty), I figure the most likely candidate would be Uncle Ruben Sandwich....the major plot point being his suspected cat loving be exposed by a high number of feline mourners at his funeral.
I REALLY doubt it. Killing a character would be too dark for a PG comic.

Render wrote:
deepskycyan wrote:Also,
DOES FIDO KNOW THIS
HOW OLD IS FIDO
I have my doubts that Fido knows. He even did not know that she was born abroad.
And I do not know how old Fido is.

But lets think a little about this. Some years already passed since the comic startet, also in the comic. At the beginning I would say Peanut & Co were around seven to nine years. Around four years later they are eleven to thirteen now. Fido is, as I think, about 3 years older so lets say about fifteen.
1- Fido is not much older than Grape (I'd say two years older). And yes, I think it's a safe bet to say that he doesn't know Sabrina's age for the reason you did mention.
2- I think that none of the characters who appeared in "Housepets Babies!" are older than ten years old (well, excluding Sergeant Ralph and Res of course).
3- It has been said that characters do not grow older through the years. Their age is static like the characters in The Simpsons.
Hedronal wrote:
Gren wrote:I don't think so. It has been said that the role of avatar (at least for the case of Dragon) is passed through generations. Therefore, Sabrina must be significantly younger than Tarot or otherwise it wouldn't have sense.
However, perhaps since they're in contact with SD powers and all that psychic things they got an extended life? Though that shouldn't break the rule of not messing with the mortals' pass to eternity? Bah, they've done the same when they turned Joel into a dog.
For all we know, they could have gone a generation backwards. We may be going a bit far into that particular point though, Tarot and Sabrina's age relation could be essentially anything. Tampering with their ages I don't think would be an issue if they agreed, consent for alteration seems to be the celestial rule there.
Well, that's hard to tell but I'm not entirely sure that they would be able to tamper with their age more than just alter their appearence to look young till their death. They can't go against the natural course of life as far as I know. Besides, Dragon's powers pass through generations, that means they must die at some point.

I'll just quote something that Rick has said a while ago just so people don't think I'm crazy and making things up:
Rick wrote:Sabrina is apprentice to Tarot, who is Dragon’s Avatar. This means that, should anything happen to Tarot, Sabrina takes on the role of Dragon’s Avatar. Although Sabrina doesn’t have Avatar powers, she does have some natural psychic ability.

(Implied) Tarot was apprenticed to Dragon’s previous Avatar. Avatars don’t live forever, they are in succession and take on the mantle one after the other. Dragon can transfer the power whenever she likes, but it must abide by the Convoluted Rules and succession is one of the methods that preserve the power the best.
ImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Always two there are -- a master and an apprentice."
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Gren wrote: I REALLY doubt it. Killing a character would be too dark for a PG comic.
Hedronal wrote:
Well, that's hard to tell but I'm not entirely sure that they would be able to tamper with their age more than just alter their appearence to look young till their death. They can't go against the natural course of life as far as I know. Besides, Dragon's powers pass through generations, that means they must die at some point.

I'll just quote something that Rick has said a while ago just so people don't think I'm crazy and making things up:
Rick wrote:Sabrina is apprentice to Tarot, who is Dragon’s Avatar. This means that, should anything happen to Tarot, Sabrina takes on the role of Dragon’s Avatar. Although Sabrina doesn’t have Avatar powers, she does have some natural psychic ability.

(Implied) Tarot was apprenticed to Dragon’s previous Avatar. Avatars don’t live forever, they are in succession and take on the mantle one after the other. Dragon can transfer the power whenever she likes, but it must abide by the Convoluted Rules and succession is one of the methods that preserve the power the best.
It is true that avatar succession has been confirmed, but the order of it, as well as any other factors or criteria, have yet to be confirmed similarly.
Regarding death, the topic has been broached successfully in pg comics before (notably Calvin and Hobbes), and it could conceivably happen in Hp, but that doesn't seem likely to happen in the near future. As close as Hp seems probable to get is if Sabrina really does nearly drown.
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Hedronal wrote:
ArcFlight wrote:
Dissension wrote:Rick changed that, they're not from the same litter.
Aww, and there goes the "triplets of terror" nickname. Don't question it, I came up with a nickname, let me have my moment of joy.
Their having different ages does make sense for their relationships and personalities rather well, they seem to share facets with the quintessential three child family dynamic.

Also, it's nice to see that Sabrina at least has Grape to talk to, if others like Keene and Jata won't listen. It helps even if Grape does have some catching up to do, and not quite delicacy of her well-meaning methods.
Where did Rick mention the three hermanos not being from the same litter?

So even a girl/tomboy isn't allowed to ask another girl about her age? I'm so behind on social etiquette. Then again, it depend on the context.

Oh, and Sabrina once nearly drowned in dragon spit.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

well :? the first cellphone came out in 1973.... soo derp .-' i also think i heard rick say housepets in this world thay have a life span that to a person
Last edited by matthew Wolf on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Argent wrote:"Always two there are -- a master and an apprentice."
"No more, no less."
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

kavviyenta wrote:Where did Rick mention the three hermanos not being from the same litter?
At least the cast page says so:
Bino: That is, to the extent that his older brother Fido isn’t around.
Joey: Bino’s younger brother.
The wording suggests that the difference are not only minutes.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
ryth

Post by ryth »

wow.......
that took me a bit to figure out. For some reason when dissension said they were from different litters I thought but then they wouldn't be brothers. I sat there for like an hour trying to figure this out and I have no idea why...
Marco

Post by Marco »

She's old as the cell phones used in The Matrix :) Concord still looks good in that collar XD
Argent

Post by Argent »

ryth wrote:wow.......
that took me a bit to figure out. For some reason when dissension said they were from different litters I thought but then they wouldn't be brothers. I sat there for like an hour trying to figure this out and I have no idea why...
Because you don't think of dogs as being monogamous? The ones in HP! seem to tend that way.
skyliner34k

Post by skyliner34k »

Hmm would have thought that Sabrina was older than Tarot(heck older than most every pet excluding the wolves). IF for no other reason than the apprentice is almost always younger than the teacher/master. That and saying "relatively" recently doesn't help one sound too young.

Also is anyone else still having a hard time seeing keene doing something like this and being this ok with it? Just seems like a bit of a leap, then again money does strange things to people....that and giant semi-omnipotent griffins/gyrphons.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Hedronal wrote:It is true that avatar succession has been confirmed, but the order of it, as well as any other factors or criteria, have yet to be confirmed similarly.
Regarding death, the topic has been broached successfully in pg comics before (notably Calvin and Hobbes), and it could conceivably happen in Hp, but that doesn't seem likely to happen in the near future. As close as Hp seems probable to get is if Sabrina really does nearly drown.
Well, I just don't want to read too much between the lines, that's why I think the course of that "succession" is "generational" (hence, from the old master to the young disciple). But if you put it that way, of course Rick could come up with the weirdest explanation ever. Maybe Tarot stole a DeLorean to go to past and took Sabrina with her from 90's. Or maybe they gathered the Dragon balls and wished to be young again.
Nah, I'm just being silly. However, there's still some other good possible explanations:
-Sabrina comes from another dimension/alter-universe not too diferent from this world (like gallifrax) where time passes differently. Then she could experience time in a different way or just have a longer lifespan.
-All the portals (the magic circles) in Sabrina's house allows her travel to different times, to the future and maybe even before she was born. Since her father is never home, she could just appear at the times when he's around and then he'll never notice that while he's out Sabrina is in another different time. Therefore, he probably not know how old is she. Maybe anyone knows that, not even her.
Argent wrote:"Always two there are -- a master and an apprentice."
Great reference, master Yoda!
ImageImage
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

Stuff. wrote:Why is it that I'm suddenly thinking of an arc years down the line where a pet actually dies of old age

:? i hope not ..... i couldnt really even handle it when i found out pokemon could die i was dissapointed for a few weeks after that
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

:P Thought of something funny this morning. Someone's probably said it

Our hero must be floating about somewhere calling himself Mighty Max :lol:
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Keene, you only seem to care about details, better don't speak... But, could Jata have and use a mobile phone in Feraga? We know how much tomboy Grape is, but here she is being like a boy more than ever. How rude against Sabrina. :P
ryth

Post by ryth »

Argent wrote:
ryth wrote:wow.......
Because you don't think of dogs as being monogamous? The ones in HP! seem to tend that way.
no, I did think monogamous... I was just in one of those states of mind where I thought they had to be from the same litter to be brothers... not really sure where I got that idea.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

matthew Wolf wrote: i also think i heard rick say housepets in this world thay have a life span that to a person
Obbl wrote:
Sabrina wrote:I may have neglected to mention beforehand: most animals in our world have significantly longer lifespans and smaller litter numbers than in your own. It’s still not the length of a human lifespan for most—elephants still only live about eighty years, and most ungulates still hover around forty and approach fifty, but dogs and cats also live up to forty years, though in the wild that number is often closer to fifteen. On average, anyway.
I get no respect, no respect! :P
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

skyliner34k wrote:Hmm would have thought that Sabrina was older than Tarot(heck older than most every pet excluding the wolves). IF for no other reason than the apprentice is almost always younger than the teacher/master.
Sabrina is Tarot's apprentice, so by your logic, Sabrina would be younger than Tarot, not the other way around. :3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Gren

Post by Gren »

Obbl wrote:
matthew Wolf wrote: i also think i heard rick say housepets in this world thay have a life span that to a person
Obbl wrote:
I get no respect, no respect! :P
Yeah, but still, she's old! :P
Dissension wrote:
skyliner34k wrote:Hmm would have thought that Sabrina was older than Tarot(heck older than most every pet excluding the wolves). IF for no other reason than the apprentice is almost always younger than the teacher/master.
Sabrina is Tarot's apprentice, so by your logic, Sabrina would be younger than Tarot, not the other way around. :3
That's what I been saying all this time. So, if Sabrina is old, Tarot is way too old! :o
ImageImage
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Maybe PETA will try to stop the wedding by flooding the wedding ceremony with firehoses and manage to almost drown Sabs in the process.
ryth

Post by ryth »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Maybe PETA will try to stop the wedding by flooding the wedding ceremony with firehoses and manage to almost drown Sabs in the process.
*slowclaps*
Brilliant. absolutely brilliant.

I would have never thought of that.

-after rereading this, I realized I sound very sarcastic. I am not being sarcastic
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

So THAT'S why I've never spoken to you in person...

...Oh right, and the incredible distance and shyness thing.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Dissension wrote:
Perhaps being the dragons avatar has it's perks?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I like the decor of the place.

Unless Rick was going for shock value (ie one of the K9s gets shot in the line of duty), I figure the most likely candidate would be Uncle Ruben Sandwich....the major plot point being his suspected cat loving be exposed by a high number of feline mourners at his funeral.
Reuben is the human relative of Mr. Earl Sandwich. His dog is named Rufus.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: Unless Rick was going for shock value (ie one of the K9s gets shot in the line of duty)

To be perfectly honest, I'd actually find something like this quite interesting...
*cough*
WhoElseButQuagmire

copper wrote:I like the decor of the place.

Reuben is the human relative of Mr. Earl Sandwich. His dog is named Rufus.

Ah, right you are. Thanks for the correction.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Unless Rick was going for shock value (ie one of the K9s gets shot in the line of duty)
... HOW DOES THAT MAKE IT FUN?! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Morris

Post by Morris »

I believe Jata and Sabrina both are pretty old, in that case...
WhoElseButQuagmire

Now that I think about it....how ironic would it have been for PETA to have shown up and protested King's wedding? :)
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:

Unless Rick was going for shock value (ie one of the K9s gets shot in the line of duty)
... HOW DOES THAT MAKE IT FUN?! :lol:
why does everyone think a character is going to die? all of a sudden besides that doesent even seem like something rick would do D: