HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by valerio »

zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:It is an unfortunate truth that there are some creatures that are simply born without filters. That small voice in one's head that stops them from saying the first thing that comes to mind simply fails to manifest. Mikey was one of those unfortunate creatures. Hence, when Valiant joked about replacing his mate the dalmatian turned and spoke in his most earnest voice.
"Replaced? How could you replace a supermajorhottie wolf like him?"
Mikey was doubly unfortunate, because unlike some the dalmatian knew what he had just said after spoke it. Suddenly the voice in his head came roaring to the forefront, laughing all the while. Mikey clasped his paws over his muzzle, looking considerably mortified as his eyes went wide.
"Sorry, I mean um... is there a monastery nearby? I think I need to take a vow of silence."
"No need to," Belisarius said, posing like a macho magazine model. "Unlike *certain* dogs, you know where the quality is. Tell you what: Why don't you join me and my mate as part of our pack? You got good qualities, good chemistry...you're going to be just fine! Hm?" then he wagged his tail, grinning like a pup. "Say yes please please please?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Ice, would you mind posting for Lance?

"There's a chapel, a shaman, and a priest and his assistant inside right ow!" Zhang didn't finish cause Cello had punched him in the shoulder and gave him a glare. He looked down.

"Don't be afraid to speak your mind hon," Cello said after Bel had spoken.

"Though I Would take care in joining a pack like that," Cello whispered to Mikey.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Borues couldn't grin any bigger! Was the female teasing? Or being serious? In any case, he'd have fun any how.

"You know, I could show you guys some nearby places around the forest if you want," Borues said.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

“Well, um...”

Mikey held his paws behind his back, looking at the ground as his mind rapidly analyzed all the data available to him. Here he had just met these two new canines, and sure they were both drool-worthy and a part of him wanted to follow them around just to analyze their movements, but Cello was saying he should proceed with caution. Still it didn't look like any of the animals of this neighborhood meant him any real harm, and Dad did want him to make new friends. So with a soft smile and a slight wag of his tail Mikey looked up at the pair, his bright blue eyes locking on Belisarius.

“Um, sure, but I've never been a part of a pack before. Might want to know each others names first though. I'm Mikey by the way.”
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Belisarius." The wolf extended his paw
The wolfdog did the same. "Valiant Leone," then he indicated the ferret. "She's Rikki, my housemate, best friend and partner in crimefighting."
"Being part of a pack is easy: you get to rank right after Val and me, and you get our help when you need it. We hunt together, we share food...things like these."
"Also, projected in a domestic environment," Valiant added hastily. "Like being instant best pals. Oh, and you get snuggles too!"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

xhunterko wrote:Ooc: Val, I propose we let the rest of the meeting go on in the background.

"Sadly yes, we were taught many things in our captivity," Cello said, then she noticed the look in his eyes and grinned as well, "What did you have in mind?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitch's stomach still gurgled, and he knew it wasn't nervousness any more. He sighed, left the chapel, and went into the meat house. He wasn't expecting Lance there though, or his Aunt!

"Oh, hey Lance, hey auntie," Mitch said, giving his aunt a kiss on the cheek and grabbing a sausage or two, "If I may guess, I suppose you were my character witness huh?" The last he said to Lance, popping one into his mouth.
Lance nodded "Yep I was. I hope I did a good job for you." he said as he chowed down on a few more pieces of meat. "Jeez this stuff is really good."

(OOC: Sorry about not posting I guess I forgot when I had posted last :P)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Glad you like it dearie, I'll leave you to to it, I've work to do, see you around!" And with that, Aunt Alma left. Mitch waved.

"Bye!" Mitch said to her.

"Heh, I don't doubt you did," Mitch said to Lance, "But still, in witness situations like that, we always have two just in case one of them is lying. Say. Cello and Zhang have brought over a new dog by the name of Mikey. Wanna meet him? Dalmation, single, and he dances."
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey shook paws with the two canines, bowing to Cello and thanking her for the dance before he did so. "Well, I'm not that good of a hunter without my sis around, but I'll try my best." Mikey's tail wagged a bit more, although he blushed more when Valiant mentioned cuddles.

"So, do you guys still wanna learn how to salsa? Get in a line, I'll show you all the basic steps. Come on Rikki, Zhang, you guys should join in."

Mikey bent over, switching the track playing on his collar to a slower salsa rhythm. He gave a nervous smile to the group, holding his paws behind his back and he waited to see what the others would do.
--------------------------------------
Tara kept purring, but she paused for a moment to look at the bear.

"That sounds interesting, but I'm gonna leave it to Paige here to decide where we should go."
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Cello enthusiastically took the dogs paw, then grabbed Zhang's!

"Come on you two get in, you know you want to," She said to Bel and Val with a wink.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Well..." Paige scratched his chin in thought. On one hand, taking the city tour would leave him alone with Tara, but going with Borues would let him see some of the forest. While each option seemed great, he finally decided that he'd blushed enough for now. "I say we go with him, first," Paige decided. "Gives me a chance to think of the best places to show you."

"Is it o-okay if I come as w-well?" Will asked. He really didn't want to be to far from Paige yet.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Up you go little buddy," Borues said, pointing a nose to his back.

"We'll get snacks first but I will keep this one short, just showing you the major surrounding areas," Borues said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:Mikey shook paws with the two canines, bowing to Cello and thanking her for the dance before he did so. "Well, I'm not that good of a hunter without my sis around, but I'll try my best." Mikey's tail wagged a bit more, although he blushed more when Valiant mentioned cuddles.
"So, do you guys still wanna learn how to salsa? Get in a line, I'll show you all the basic steps. Come on Rikki, Zhang, you guys should join in."
Mikey bent over, switching the track playing on his collar to a slower salsa rhythm. He gave a nervous smile to the group, holding his paws behind his back and he waited to see what the others would do.
The two canines stepped forward. "Show us," Valiant said. "I got a photographic memory, I learn really fast."
"I'm in, but forgive me if should I trample you," Belisarius said to his mate.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

xhunterko wrote:"Glad you like it dearie, I'll leave you to to it, I've work to do, see you around!" And with that, Aunt Alma left. Mitch waved.

"Bye!" Mitch said to her.

"Heh, I don't doubt you did," Mitch said to Lance, "But still, in witness situations like that, we always have two just in case one of them is lying. Say. Cello and Zhang have brought over a new dog by the name of Mikey. Wanna meet him? Dalmation, single, and he dances."
Lance's eyes widened and he smirked as he finished off his last piece of meat. "Are you trying to set me up on a date Mitch?" He asked rather amused he would even mention the guy was single. "But sure why not should be fun."
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey gave a wag of his tail, his smile shifting from nervous to warm and happy. Placing himself in front of the group Mikey held his paws out wide, slowly beginning to demonstrate the basic steps for salsa.

“Salsa is all about confidence. Don’t be afraid to use your hips when you step through, and once your confident with the steps add your arms in like so.”

Mikey was beginning to get his own confidence back, his tail wagging as he danced, watching the others so that he could assist them as needed.
-----------------------------------------
“Sounds great sugga. And of course we can’t leave your cute little nephew out in the cold. Can’t say I’ve ever had a bear for a tour guide before though. An excitable jackal once, but never a bear. Thank you for your hospitality.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch blanked for a moment. Then he nodded.

"Heh, yeah I guess, Rikki seemed really interested in him but it didn't seem to register, so I suspected," Mitch said, then he grabbed a few sausages from the ceiling for the small group, unaware the Val and Bel had arrived.

"All right, let's get," Mitch said with a smile, "Besides, the guy seemed like he could need a confidence lift. Poor thing." He left the smokehouse with what he had, saw the two bigger dogs from a distance, went in and grabbed a chunk, two chunks, and headed back out to the group.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zhang pretended not to be enjoying it. Then he eventually began to like it. Cello noticed the change and smiled with a grin.
"Your welcome, now come on, you wouldn't think it, but there's trails where you wouldn't normally look," he said, starting off.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

xhunterko wrote:"Up you go little buddy," Borues said, pointing a nose to his back.
Will nodded, and climbed up onto the bear's back. As he got a good hold, he smiled. "I'm r-ready."
zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:“Sounds great sugga. And of course we can’t leave your cute little nephew out in the cold. Can’t say I’ve ever had a bear for a tour guide before though. An excitable jackal once, but never a bear. Thank you for your hospitality.”

xhunterko wrote:"Your welcome, now come on, you wouldn't think it, but there's trails where you wouldn't normally look," he said, starting off.
As Borues walked along, with Will on his back, Paige followed him. He turned to Tara in thought as he walked. A Jackal, huh? I wonder what other stories she can share...
valerio

Post by valerio »

zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:Mikey gave a wag of his tail, his smile shifting from nervous to warm and happy. Placing himself in front of the group Mikey held his paws out wide, slowly beginning to demonstrate the basic steps for salsa.
“Salsa is all about confidence. Don’t be afraid to use your hips when you step through, and once your confident with the steps add your arms in like so.”
Mikey was beginning to get his own confidence back, his tail wagging as he danced, watching the others so that he could assist them as needed.
As a matter of fact, Valiant *was* worried that Belisarius could goof out and fall over, but apparently, for once, the big wolf got into the rhythm as if he had always danced that dance.
"Salsa Cubana," Valiant said, sincerely admired. "Who taught you?"
"Discarded Christmas gift. One of the many books I read in my wanderings. I love the idea of mating through music," Bel grinned wickedly.
"You so know me, love. Wny you never told me?"
"Wanted to be a surprise for your birthday."
"I love you, silly."
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey nearly clapped seeing how well everyone was doing, his tail wagging nonstop behind him.

“You guys are doing awesome. Now if you would please pair up. Belisarius you’ll be with Valiant of course, and Cello you should pair up with Zhang, but first could I borrow you for a moment, I want to demonstrate a move I want you guys to try.”

Mikey smiled wide, holding out his paw to the panda.
------------------------------------
Tara followed after Borues, curious as to what secret sights he might be able to show them. Noticing Paige looking at her Tara linked her arm with the male’s own, cocking her head to the side in question.

“Something on your mind sugga?”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

...and all of a sudden, stagefright or not, Rikki really wished she had Mitch at her side now!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch eventually made his way up to the group.

"Hey yo, lunch break all!" He said, carefully carrying the meat.

"Yo Gonzli, you too, Cello and Zhang will cover for you," Mitch said to the guard by the tower.

"Thank you sire," he said with a nod, and trotted off to the smoke house. Mitch rolled his eyes. He hated to be treated like that.

"Hopefully I have enough for everyone. Oh," Mitch said, "Mikey, Lance, Lance Mikey, in case you two haven't met yet."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Not anything big," Paige replied, grinning. "Just heard you say you'd met a jackal, and was wondering what other interesting things have happened to you."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"For everything you see, there's a lot you don't see in a forest," Borues said, continuing on the trail, heading south, "Take this fox den for instance, you probably would have missed it." He pointed to a bush that, when moved to the side, revealed a hole going into the ground.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch eventually made his way up to the group.
"Hey yo, lunch break all!" He said, carefully carrying the meat.
"Yo Gonzli, you too, Cello and Zhang will cover for you," Mitch said to the guard by the tower.
"Thank you sire," he said with a nod, and trotted off to the smoke house. Mitch rolled his eyes. He hated to be treated like that.
"Hopefully I have enough for everyone. Oh," Mitch said, "Mikey, Lance, Lance Mikey, in case you two haven't met yet."
"I think I'll share some cuddles with my pack here," Rikki snorted, "If you keep feigning I am not here, 'Your Majesty."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch walked up to her and nuzzled her nose with his.

"All meant you too you know," he said, "And, I can hardly cuddle with my arms full of meat, heh."
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey looked around at the mention of a lunch break, not realizing Mitch had made his way back to the group until one of the panda’s referred to him as “sire”.

~Wait, is he royalty or something?~

The familiar unease came rushing back, and Mikey almost missed Mitch’s introduction of Lance entirely. The dalmatian gave a half-hearted wave to the doberman, his tail stilling.

“Hey.”
------------------------------------
Tara listened intently to Borues, her eyes darting to and fro. Still she didn’t miss a beat with Paige, her arm still linked with his as she spoke while looking around.

“Oh this and that. My dads have travelled all around the world dancing and choreographing, and of course they always took me with them. I’ve been to a lot of interesting places, and I even got kidnapped once.”

She spoke without losing her smile, simply happy to learn more about this beautiful area while conversing with interesting creatures.

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch walked up to her and nuzzled her nose with his.
"All meant you too you know," he said, "And, I can hardly cuddle with my arms full of meat, heh."
Rikki grabbed a portion. "Yeah yeah! Next time, remember: You come to *me* first. it's the least you could do since you got to eat my Mom's food! Also, i should have your attention first, Your Democratic Highness!" she started eating in quick bites.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Cello and Zhang took their portion as well as spread out a blanket. Mitch put the food on so there could be a picnic of sorts. Then he went to Rikki's side and carefully put his arm around her.

"Yes dear," he said softly, and began rubbing her back. Starting in the center, then going up to the back of the head, then down again, then repeating.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Hmmrrr, you know how to make a girl happy, my prince... Do you know what woud be perfect?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Hm, no, but I'm open to suggestions," Mitch said.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey picked up his collar, slipping it around his neck and snapping it closed. The music that had been playing suddenly stopped, switching back to transmitting to the fittings in the dalmatian's muzzle. Moving to a corner of the blanket Mikey gracefully lowered himself to the ground, bringing his leg up to his chest and leaning his head against it. He made no move towards the food, simply looking down at the ground without saying anything. Truly the past few hours had been an emotional roller-coaster for the dog, and he still didn't know how he should feel or even react around Mitch. And so the dog sat, a part of him wishing that Tara was here to help him figure out what to do.

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

Valiant sat down next to the new dog, ears lowered slightly and a weak wag of his tail.
"...What's up, Doc? I can tell a troubled soul when I see one, it was part of my old job. How can we help?"
Belisarius sat by the Dalmatian's other side. "Now you're pack, and we're going to help you no matter what."

Rikki looked with worry at Mickey. "Well, I was about to propose dancing...but I fear our teacher is definitely not in the mood."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"No he's not, I wonder why? Oh!" Mitch said, then he cupped his hands to his mouth.

"HEY AUNTIE! CAN WE TAKE THE ROBES OFF NOW? THE SECRET MEETING IS OVER!" He shouted to the bath house.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT! IT IS STILL COUNCIL DAY! AND YOU WILL KEEP THAT ON UNTIL COUNCIL OVER! IF I HAVE TO WATCH THE BATHHOUSE UNTIL IT'S OVER, THEN YOU HAVE TO WEAR THAT UNTIL IT'S OVER! AND WHAT SECRET MEETINGS? WE DO NOT HAVE, NOR SPEAK OF SUCH THINGS IF WE DID HAVE SECRET MEETINGS! HONESTLY BOY USE SOME TACK! AND I WON'T HEAR NO MORE ARGUING ABOUT IT!" Aunt Alma hollered back.

"Hmph, I hate these things," he mumbled to himself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm going to hang that boy," Benjamin said through a facepalm and a head shake.

"Sadly sir, all our rope was lost," a panda near him said.

"Lucky him I suppose," Benjamin said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, now that you think you know how to spot a feral's home, try to spot mine as we come between these two creeks," Borues said, mentioning the running water that got closer.
zephyrtobiaswolf

”It’s… complicated.”

Mikey gave the softest of whines, not really knowing what to say. He knew these pets were trying to help him, but how could he explain without revealing his past? Just being around supposed royalty brought back painful memories, and the dalmatian’s body practically vibrated with his suppressed desire to run. Instead he simply tapped at the buttons on his collar, the music in his head shifting back to the classical that had helped to calm him before.

“I… I’m sorry. We can continue the lesson, I just need a minute.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

Valiant nodded, but by now his radar was on and running. This poor creature reminded him of Will, the victim of a monster. Or even the red pandas, who had undergone their own hell before finding a new life.
The wolfdog stood up. "Ok, teacher: what will it be this time?"
belisarius needed no instructions: His every cell told him to watch over a pack member, and that was exactly what he would do from now on!
Rikki decided that some tech wiz could reveal something useful: If someone was hurting Mickey, they'd make sure that 'someone' would regret it!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch scratched his head. The poor guy seemed as troubled as them! He looked to Rikki with worry in his eyes.

"What can we do?" Mitch asked in a whisper.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance frowned at the scene before him. Well this isn't good. He thought to himself as he watched Val and Belisarius try to comfort the Dalmatian. Lance shifted a bit awkwardly looking over the group. He knew that he should do something but he didn't even know the dog at all, Lance felt that, for now at least, he should leave this to his other friends. They likely knew more about what was going on then he did.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey might be dense sometimes, but even he could sense the tension in the air. This wasn’t what he wanted, so after pressing a few buttons on his collar the dalmatian stood once more. This was just like any other performance, and burying his unease under a smile Mikey looked around at the group, his eyes finally resting on Rikki.

“Why don’t we start with a dance that requires less steps.”

Mikey unfastened his collar, and music once more began to fill the air. Unlike the last song this had a decidedly Indian flair, and the dalmatian began to flex his abs rhythmically, his arms slowly making patterns in the air before ending with a rapid shake of his hips.

“How about I teach you guys how to belly dance.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Heh, why not? It'll be fun!" Mitch said, and got into what he thought was a starting position. At least the dalmation was smiling again. Fake or not, it was an improvement.

"Ready!" He said, after he thought he had the right pose, trying and failing not to look ridiculous.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki felt the notes like some...liquid, pouring into her very soul. She remembered the one time her police squad busted a slave-driving racket who used Indian girls for cleaning jobs and call centers.
One of the victims would console herself with this music. Rikki had kept a copy of it, and would listen at it occasionally. And it felt just...natural. The music led her movements, her body, into fluid motions, making it wave as if she had been *designed* for it.

Valiant tried to keep the rhythm, but he felt all girlish and clumsy. Poor Bel wasn't faring better, it was like looking an elephant trying to do ballet. "I think that this time she won the round, love."
"Definitely so. Ack."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:Tara listened intently to Borues, her eyes darting to and fro. Still she didn’t miss a beat with Paige, her arm still linked with his as she spoke while looking around.

“Oh this and that. My dads have travelled all around the world dancing and choreographing, and of course they always took me with them. I’ve been to a lot of interesting places, and I even got kidnapped once.”

She spoke without losing her smile, simply happy to learn more about this beautiful area while conversing with interesting creatures.
Paige's eyebrow went up at Tara's statement. "Kidnapped?" he asked, intrigued. With a small smile, he continued. "Now, was it the kind of kidnapping where they've done it before, have a grand purpose, and can actually scare you? Or the kind where they just want money, have no clue what their doing, and are almost pitiable?"

-------------------------------------------------------
(Hunter, I'm not quite sure how to respond to Borues' challenge. While character wise, I think Paige could, in fact, locate it given the chance, I'd have to be able to describe that action. I can't though, because I don't know where his home is.)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: His home is just in between the two creeks that join together. In fact, it's right across the creek Borues is standing at. It's slightly raised and the front is facing north.

ic:

Mitch honestly tried to follow along. But every now and then he'd watch Rikki and trip, and trip again. And again, and again. The last time he gave up. And just drank in her performance with longing.

"Wow," Mitch could only manage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Although, I suppose it was unfair of me to challenge that of you. Now, see here, the creeks are going to be coming together as you can hear them, we're coming up on one soon," Borues said, and sure enough, a small foot wide creek that you could jump over could be seen. You could hear it's sister creek not too far away.

"Now look. At the land, the bushes, the trees, where the creeks join together as one," he said, "Anything say, out of place?"