Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

The Grey Wolverine

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

So, I've been playing a lot of a game that is so much awesome, called Shadow Warrior: Classic Redux which is a re-release of an FPS from the 90s called Shadow Warrior from 3-D Realms, another studio came in and remade it to allow it to run on more advanced machines, which is an issue older games have nowadays. I love it, it is just so much fun to me, like, everything is out to kill you, ceiling fans hurt if you jump at them, wasps kill you, Coy Fish are lethal, so you need to be careful where you step because its ALL out to kill you. I think it's just so much fun to play, and it really makes me need to explore for ammo, health packs, armor, secret areas. It's probably one of the most fun FPSs I've played in a LOOOOOOONG while, so I'd say if you're looking for an older form of FPS, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux is worth it
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Pokemon was good until global trades. I want a vulpix, but they want every legend under the sun.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Pokemon was good until global trades. I want a vulpix, but they want every legend under the sun.
So a feature not existing is better than a feature not being worth using?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

But so many trades exist demanding a level 9 pokemon that you can't get at that level! The only way is to cheat, and then if your just going to get it anyway why not do it yourself?
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

In case somebody is interested in a Pokemon-trade or a battle: Here's my Friendcode: 2191-7995-2985 :) (I have Pokemon Y)
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ummm... I got emerald and got the only pokemon that I could want.
So now I'm having trouble getting back to it.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

All the new features and upgrades and fun things to do don't help?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

I've been glued to my DS screen for days, x and y did so many things right! So much easier to train your pokemon EV values now and lots of stuff to do while you're not battling. (Berry farming is really nice.) Right now i'm trying to get berry mutations going trying every combination along with breeding perfect natured pokemon.
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Pokemon was good until global trades. I want a vulpix, but they want every legend under the sun.
Deposit a high demand pokemon like a haunter or modest mareep and wait a bit (I got a ton of modest mareeps and you can ask for just about anything for it.), some people will trade anything to fill up their pokedex/get competitive natures.
Make Pasta not war.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I still can't believe I don't have a second badge yet. On one paw I feel a little frustrated how behind all you guys I am, but on the other, I really like how much there is to do in this game. It's not just gym to gym to gym with little distractions in between like the old games.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I beat Pokemon X yesterday! The ending was AMAZING!! Here's my friend code if anyone wants to battle: 3497-0595-1132
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

Sleet wrote:I still can't believe I don't have a second badge yet. On one paw I feel a little frustrated how behind all you guys I am, but on the other, I really like how much there is to do in this game. It's not just gym to gym to gym with little distractions in between like the old games.
Ahh, don't feel so bad; you're not the only one, haha. I just recently obtained the third badge while almost everyone else I know who owns Pokemon has already beaten the game one or two days ago. Even my own brother is at his eighth gym! >__> Woof... somehow it's saddening... but at the same time I'm truly amazed how the game turned out to be. There's actually a lot of story in between Gyms just like you said, Sleet. Then again... I haven't even gotten that far yet. Anyways, you guys are crazy for being so fast!

Wonder trading is so awesome too. :lol:
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Gotta catch 'em all.
Or none at all.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kouri
Banner Artist

Post by Kouri »

I can't believe I've gone this long without realizing there was a discussion about Pokemon X and Y going on here. I should've known! :roll:

I've been taking my time with Pokemon X since the day it came out. I'm just about to take on my fourth gym right now, so I'm not TOO far behind, but I'm sure I'm nowhere near the end. Other than the fact that I don't have a ton of free time to sit down and play, I just feel like taking my time since it feels like the game has so much to offer that I want to savor the experience for as long as I can. Plus, I'm having a hard time trying to concentrate my training to just six pokemon, so I'm juggling about... 11 or so and that definitely eats up some time :lol:

I would go ahead and take on the fourth gym now, but I'm waiting on a friend of mine with Y to get his levels more or less caught up to mine so we can finally have a battle.

The funny thing is, I've only seriously played Pokemon Yellow before I did this one. I started Crystal a long time ago, but never got very far... and I dabbled a little with Soul Silver last year which was kinda intriguing, but this game just looked so cool that I had to pick it up. So glad I did!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Taking your time is great when there's so much to do. For once there's more to do in this game than to beat it and then fine-tune your party!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

and there are a few things you can't do until post-game.

I caught Mewtwo. It's pokedex entry says "It's said to have the most savage heart among Pokémon." So of course I named it Fluffy
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

nice.
Mewtwo is the Garaa of Pokemon.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I'm not sure, I think Mewtwo is the Sasuke of pokemon, easily led and turns evil then becomes a goody.
I remember my mewtwo on Leaf Green. His attack is higher than his sp attack :shock:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I just started the Naruto series, so right now, I only know that Sasuke can use the lightning blade, and Garaa has a fox inside him.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Gaara is the host of Shukaku, the one tailed Tanuki and Sasuke's attack is called Chidori. (thousand birds) Naruto is the foxes host. :D
Just trying to think of a good tanuki pokemon but linoone is the only thing that comes to mind.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So Garaa is a raccoon dog.
Okay, now the rings around the eyes make sense.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I'm going to be getting Pokemon Y on Christmas so maybe we can get a thread or a PM chat going for friend codes? :lol: Would be great to add everyone.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

sounds like a good time to revive this topic
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

That definitely sounds like a good idea. It's such a shame that I've been using my brother's 3DS to play Pokemon X since I don't have one of my own. Awkward. ^^'
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Why is Pokemon breeding so complicated?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Because that's how it gets so flexible?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Gameinformer showed a picture of Link taming a pokemon, and said it was straight from the depths of fan fiction. Which got me to think about a situation where link ends up on the pokemon world

Link stumbles on a zigazoon.
Red: use the poke ball I gave you to capture--
-Link slices the beast with a skyward strike-
it's super effective!
Red: OoO'
7 gyms later...
Link use skyward strike!
It's super effective!
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

MrNeonShot wrote:Gameinformer showed a picture of Link taming a pokemon, and said it was straight from the depths of fan fiction. Which got me to think about a situation where link ends up on the pokemon world

Link stumbles on a zigazoon.
Red: use the volleyball I gave you to capture--
-Link slices the beast with a skyward strike-
it's super effective!
Red: OoO'
7 gyms later...
Link use skyward strike!
It's super effective!
and then he has to fight an aegislash.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I remember that, back when I was a kid, I got disquettes on a shopping centre that had pokemon yellow and crystal adapted for use on the PC, I think pokemon PC adaptations are still being sold nowadays, aren't there?

Also, I just recently played the The Stanley Parable Demonstration (Demonstration being the long word for demo, in case you were wondering.), it seems like it is an exploration game that is mostly about figuring out what the game is all about, while recieving witty retorts to your actions by the narrator along the way, á la GLaDOS!

The best part of the demonstration was when I got inside a room with a pole with a big button with a big 8 number painted on it and five panels behind the pole, and then, when I pressed the button, a number 8 appeared on the five panels, and a voice saying the word "Eight." was heard. Then, I pressed the button again, and the voice and the number 8 on the panels would appear again! Then I pressed it for a third time and, POOM, it happened again!
So I kept pressing it, and pressing it, and the panels lighted up with a glowing number 8 each, and the voice saying "Eight." would be heard again over and over and it was so very beautiful, and the narrator got angry at me for spending so much time pressing the button, but it didn't matter because it was ever so amusing, and then the narrator decided to wait for me outside until I was done playing the 8 game, but then things got difficult later on when I was tasked with throwing a cup in a trashbin, which was kind of hard: I dropped it on a sofa at one point and had to pick it up again from on top of it and place it on the trashbin. It was nearly an herculean task, if I may say so myself, but I managed to do it and I won, and then I got an Steam achievement and it was glorious!!!!!!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Anyone know where the discussion for DS friend codes is? I have lost it due to never posting there. :lol:
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Anyone know where the discussion for DS friend codes is? I have lost it due to never posting there. :lol:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:sounds like a good time to revive this topic
You mean this one? ;)
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

That's the one! Thanks I couldn't find it. :D
If you have a 3DS and play/or play Pokemon X/Y add me there. :D
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been recently playing Suikoden 2, Tales of Hearts and Hexyz Force. All really great games and all of them have completely made me lose interest in finishing Pokémon Y.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Hey guys, I got Assassin's Creed 4, and ya know what, it's a fun pirate game, like, really fun
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

If I may interrupt.

Guys! What am I supposed to do with this?

ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I never played Mario Kart since the SNES days, but i'm sure blue shells home in on someone when shot. (Especialyl if they have wings =P)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Blue shells home in on the person in first place.

what you do is fall to 2nd place then fire
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You haven't played Mario Kart since the SNES? But you missed all the good ones!

The answer to your question is you rest assured that if you fall into second, it won't last long.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I was once hit by eight blue shells In one lap. I still won but that was just annoying. :|
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*sniff~sniff* ... I smell Pokémon... *Heads towards Christmas*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'd be excited if I were you!
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:I was once hit by eight blue shells In one lap. I still won but that was just annoying. :|
I like how blue shells worked in Mario Kart 64. They would plow through people on the way to first sometimes. In the newer games they just fly through the air and blow up.