25%
Yes
75%

Total votes: 348

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Are You A Furry?

Post by Sleet »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:We don't tend to make as much noise as most social groups out there though. Not sure if its just statistically more frequent or just chance. :lol:
From what I have seen we do pretty well socially.
You don't? All my furry gatherings tend to be kinda loud!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

You probably shouldn't page your friends from across town. :lol:
The loudest thing we do is Games and music.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

That wasn't me.
I don't know what you have heard but I deny everything. :lol:
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I can just imagine the guy talking on his phone:
"Yeah, John. Can I carpool with you? My car ran out of gas so I hOLY CRUDE!!!! STAMPEDE!!!!!"
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:We've been through this before...

The furries in London are very loud! And potentially dangerous in large numbers!
omg lol those furries msut have something against that one guy
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:We've been through this before...

The furries in London are very loud! And potentially dangerous in large numbers!
Really old video, I remember to have watched it in past, but it's still awesome and muffins and cookies funny to watch. :D That's a classic prank, too. ;)
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

OH GAWD, I feel sorry for that poor old guy but that was absolutely hilarious! :lol:

And I'm pretty sure that having furry friends in real life can be tons of fun... or your worst nightmare! Youtube says otherwise. ;3
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

The first time I saw that was in the form of this gif:
Sleet wrote:
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:We don't tend to make as much noise as most social groups out there though. Not sure if its just statistically more frequent or just chance. :lol:
From what I have seen we do pretty well socially.
You don't? All my furry gatherings tend to be kinda loud!
I demand examples!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well one of them we had at a coffee shop involved someone dumping a bag of squeakers (the kinds that are put inside dog toys) onto the table. That didn't end well.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Silly Zealot wrote:The first time I saw that was in the form of this gif:
I don't know why but that gif is hilarious.

I'm so jealous of you guys having friends that are okay with you being a furry. I mentioned it once to one of my friends and they started teasing me about it. It wasn't even the funny kind of teasing. :( I told them I was just kidding but my other friend knows I'm lying. He says it's okay, but I don't believe him.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's not really good to lie and say you were just kidding. I'd have told them it's not cool to tease people like that and just walked away.
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

I agree with Sleet, but it's not wise to advertise it either. If that person really is your friend, then he/she should have been a little more mindful about their actions or at least apologize to ya. But don't let stuff like that discourage ya; just be yourself and keep your head up. :)
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sleet wrote:It's not really good to lie and say you were just kidding. I'd have told them it's not cool to tease people like that and just walked away.
I strongly disagree- no.. I ABSOLUTELY HATE the idea of walking away from someone simply because they are teasing you: I'm not ashamed to say that I've been on both ends of the deal and I can fully assure you that walking away makes people realise that they touched a sore spot, as well as making them think their insult caused a big burn and people who walk away can't stand the heat.
Simply tuning out and thinking about something else does solve things a bit, however!
There is AB-SO-LU-TE-LY nothing that hurts trolls more than not recieving a response of any kind!
You could also just punch them if you think you can take them, though!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Firenze

Post by Firenze »

Well no. I completely understand what your'e trying to say, but sometimes it's best to choose your fights wisely. Plus if you choose to stay and argue with that person, you're pretty much giving your bullies the false impression that all furries are extremely vulnerable when they're teased even though you're just trying to defend your ground. I know it's a cowardly tactic, but it's better to not instigate any arguments that can tarnish the reputation of the entire community.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Sleet wrote:It's not really good to lie and say you were just kidding. I'd have told them it's not cool to tease people like that and just walked away.
I strongly disagree- no.. I ABSOLUTELY HATE the idea of walking away from someone simply because they are teasing you: I'm not ashamed to say that I've been on both ends of the deal and I can fully assure you that walking away makes people realise that they touched a sore spot, as well as making them think their insult caused a big burn and people who walk away can't stand the heat.
Simply tuning out and thinking about something else does solve things a bit, however!
There is AB-SO-LU-TE-LY nothing that hurts trolls more than not recieving a response of any kind!
You could also just punch them if you think you can take them, though!
If they are supposed to be your friends, making it known that you won't tolerate their carp before leaving can actually be rather effective. If it's a random troll, then yeah, pick your fights* wisely, but always be confident in your choice.
*as a mod I do not condone violence... except when your friend "accidentally" eats your lunch, then it's ON
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Firenze wrote:Well no. I completely understand what your'e trying to say, but sometimes it's best to choose your fights wisely. Plus if you choose to stay and argue with that person, you're pretty much giving your bullies the false impression that all furries are extremely vulnerable when they're teased even though you're just trying to defend your ground. I know it's a cowardly tactic, but it's better to not instigate any arguments that can tarnish the reputation of the entire community.
That's why I said one should "tune out".
To explain it: Have you ever got tired of what someone is talking or babbling about, but leaving or telling them to shut up is innefective and/or innapropiate? The solution is simple: Think about something else and let your mind wander while your body just stands there, posing as if you were still listening.
Sometimes, if you calculate that you can get away with it, you can tune out until suddenly, you notice that the other folk has gone silent, expecting a reply, and then say "Hmm? What?" See what happens then! : P

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh, I've done that before. I usually tend to be able to bluff my way out of it.

I haven't told any of my friends or family that I'm furry but I haven't exactly hidden it either. They all know that I still enjoy animation, animals and anthros and that I follow several web comics but I think they just think I'm immature...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Hlaoroo wrote:Oh, I've done that before. I usually tend to be able to bluff my way out of it.

I haven't told any of my friends or family that I'm furry but I haven't exactly hidden it either. They all know that I still enjoy animation, animals and anthros and that I follow several web comics but I think they just think I'm immature...
I don't blame them. I like drawings of people-like animals and I myself think I'm acting like a baby!
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drink my soda bottle and take a nap!

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hlaoroo wrote:Oh, I've done that before. I usually tend to be able to bluff my way out of it.

Knowing that you're a furry won't really change that anyway. :P
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

My parents are okay with me being a furry. They liken it to Fritz the Cat. Which is actually kind of fitting in my case.

They can't wrap their heads around me being a brony, though.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

So I was looking on the facebook page for ToTheFuture.org(which is like a charity foundation for Michael J. Fox) because I got my picture taken with the Delorean at the Edmonton Expo this Sunday. And as I was skimming the pictures, I found this fluffy looking canine
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sleet wrote:

Knowing that you're a furry won't really change that anyway. :P
True. They'll probably just think I'm even more so. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

If my family did notice I am a furry they don't seem to care none. :lol:
And is that you in the fur suit or just a coincidence you happened to come across?
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

No, that's not me. That's just some random person.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

omg lol theres even the pink hover bored and it actually has a flux capaciter ...... ugh i sound like a nerd X3
Argent

Post by Argent »

TinFoilHats wrote:So I was looking on the facebook page for ToTheFuture.org(which is like a charity foundation for Michael J. Fox) because I got my picture taken with the Delorean at the Edmonton Expo this Sunday. And as I was skimming the pictures, I found this fluffy looking canine
That's a big dog.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

ShadowLightning wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:The first time I saw that was in the form of this gif:
I don't know why but that gif is hilarious.

I'm so jealous of you guys having friends that are okay with you being a furry. I mentioned it once to one of my friends and they started teasing me about it. It wasn't even the funny kind of teasing. :( I told them I was just kidding but my other friend knows I'm lying. He says it's okay, but I don't believe him.
well i dont know if my perents know or not thay have seen that i like housepsets and vg cats but i dont think thay thought much of it i also said i once wanted to dress as starfox for hollowean or starwolf but changed my mind and said i just wanted to be a werewlof she said what made you change your mind i said i dont know why? then she said do you still want a tail with your costume i saide sure i think she also said she might make me wolf ears sooo idk if thay know or not i do have at least 50 anthro and furry art on my 3ds camera maybe someday il just leave it out for them to see it idk :| i even wear a dogtag neklas that has a wolf on it at least everyday
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Dog tags? Cool, where'd you get them?
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

not like what you on a dogs collar but its a chain necklas its has the japhinese symbol for wolf on it ... i got it onnline but i cant remember where

Post by 0404 »

ShadowLightning wrote: I'm so jealous of you guys having friends that are okay with you being a furry. I mentioned it once to one of my friends and they started teasing me about it. It wasn't even the funny kind of teasing. :( I told them I was just kidding but my other friend knows I'm lying. He says it's okay, but I don't believe him.
THAT's what I had to go through . I know it's harsh. I can be good at slithering through stuff but for this case, it wasn't easy.
Here's my super badly written story about a conflict between me and my friends....

http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 08#p436008
This is the best way to go I believe, but sometimes, Sleet's method doesn't work.. sadly. Only if his, (or her? ummm) method worked, the story would have been more peaceful.

I do not take violence as my first option but last. And as much as I do like law stuff, I try my best to conform it. but I think what I did was the one of the er, best way to keep my friends and dignity of each other.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

matthew Wolf wrote:not like what you on a dogs collar but its a chain necklas its has the japhinese symbol for wolf on it ... i got it onnline but i cant remember where
Meanwhile I have an actual dog collar. It even says "SLEET" on the tag! ^_^
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

Aww, I'm rather envious of your findings, you guys! It beats having a plain piece of string wrapped around your neck. Dx

Also that's quite the story you got there, texascat. Glad to hear that you got a good ending... although taking down your friend did seem way over the top to make a point. Fortunately there was snow to cushion the fall. :lol:
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I want a necklace holding a glass Orange ball with the Kanji for Fox on it. Sadly the only way is Japan. :lol:
I don't think people want to tease me about being a furry, Probably because my character fits me perfectly and I may chomp them. :lol:
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

oh now i remember my dogtag necklas was a kanji dogtag to it has a tribal wolf on it i think i got it from ebay
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

I wouldn't be surprised if you were like that, Kyuubi. :lol:

And that's sounds like a pretty awesome wolf tag. =3 Surprisingly a lot of people have easily mistaken my favorite animal for wolves even though it's actually raccoons. So lately I've been constantly receiving wolf-related gifts from them and the misconception continues. It's pretty hilarious when I have to correct them though. :lol:
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Guys wearing animal collars and tags? Blackmail time!
Firenze wrote:And that's sounds like a pretty awesome wolf tag. =3 Surprisingly a lot of people have easily mistaken my favorite animal for wolves even though it's actually raccoons. So lately I've been constantly receiving wolf-related gifts from them and the misconception continues. It's pretty hilarious when I have to correct them though. :lol:
If they give you a wolf, I recommend going along with it!

Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Argent wrote:That's a big dog.
DeLoreans are smaller than you think.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Does anyone know of any clean furry podcasts I can add to my iPod. I found one, WagzTail 2.0, but the download wouldn't work for some reason.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I wanna wear animal ears for Halloween. No reason other than for fun. And a tail. I wanna wear that too. But I don't think my mom/dad approve of me wearing things like that. Especially at my age...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.