2013/09/13 - No Mountain High Enough

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Argent

Re: 2013/09/13 - No Mountain High Enough

Post by Argent »

Kitch wrote:
Argent wrote:OK, now I want to see Squeak throwing a brick at Joey.
:?

That was random.
Krazy Kat, Ignatz, and Offiser Pup:

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
andyyee

Post by andyyee »

copper wrote:I do think you just killed half of all forumites with this reveal. :lol:

This should be veeerrry interesting~
*gasp* *thud*
ryth

Post by ryth »

you don't have to be psychic to know where this is going
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

GAH MORE SHIPPING RUUUUUUN.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
venshadowcry

Post by venshadowcry »

He's an interesting leopard ^3^ I wonder what language he speaks .3.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Love Triangle time :mrgreen:

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Argent wrote:
Kitch wrote:
That was random.
(image omitted to save space)
Well, it's not random if, like Argent, one is familiar with Krazy Kat.

Actually, I'd like to see Squeak (or Spo, for that matter, but I doubt he'd do it) bounce a brick off a Bigglesworth bean.

Stamp of Approval
Last edited by Perfesser_Bear on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

argent wrote:Leopards are members of the cat family. They're close relatives. Cats and dogs are opposite ends of the carnivore clan... literally: carnivora is largely split into two suborders: caniformia (dog-like) and feliformia (cat-like).

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivora#Classification
Oh, no. I get that. :lol:

What I meant was ~ Jata is likely to compare a cat falling in love with a dog to be no different than a leopard falling in love with a cat. I doubt anyone would argue his word over what everyone else thinks.

Except Bino. And maybe Max.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

...And I bet THIS will be the arc where Sabrina-!
copper wrote:This is it.... Sabrina will almost drown in this arc, I just know it! :roll:
I really need to show up faster, don't I?

But wow.

This is going to be something else.
*cough*
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

First thought: "Okay, and now we wait to see what we missed."

Second thought: "So how will he react when he learns she already has another boyfriend?"
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

D-Rock wrote:First thought: "Okay, and now we wait to see what we missed."

Second thought: "So how will he react when he learns she already has another boyfriend?"
RioluNation wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Monday's comic:

Fido steps in right now and sees Sab's expression. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY G..." *blank, horrified stare*
Well if you put it that way, I sense a rivalry. xD
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Oh boy, I'd hate to see what Fido thinks about this 8(

Also, I'd better do what Ralph is saying if I were you.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
zephyrtobiaswolf

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

Ouch. I think I just broke my back on that twist :o

But seriously, I feel bad for Sabrina. Don't you just hate it when an old (ridiculously attractive) flame comes trouncing back from halfway across the world?
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Already 3 pages=IMPOSSIBRU

I can't wait to see what happens when Jata finds out about Fido... :o
Feel my icy wrath!
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

0-0 this cerianly is going to be intresting i wonder how fido will react .....and jata i wouldnt want to get in an argument with him :? hes HUGE
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Oh my goddess ;D
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

matthew Wolf wrote:0-0 this cerianly is going to be intresting i wonder how fido will react .....and jata i wouldnt want to get in an argument with him :? hes HUGE
Yeah Jata is Huge, but Fido can be VERY INTIMIDATING.

Actually what really suprised me isn't the fact that Jata and Sabrina know each other, but the fact that she showed so much emotions in this strip. I know she isn't emotionsless or coldhearted, but most of the time she keeps her cool...but not this time :lol:

But I wonder, when someone will use her picture in the fourth panel as Avatar... I would do it, because it looks hilarious :mrgreen:
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

Argent wrote:
Kitch wrote:

That was random.

Squeak will throw a brick of cheese at Joey if he keeps giving her stereotypical Christmas gifts.
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

I know this is really random, but where did Sabrina's earrings go?

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Gren

Post by Gren »

max7345 wrote:Conflict. Every story worth telling puts the characters in some kind of stressful situation, whether it be a love triangle, fighting their inner demons, or battling against the forces of a malevolent deity in the form of a Griffin.
I couldn't have put it better myself.
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
NickProdiG wrote:I don't think anyone expected this. Well that'd classic Rick, coming up with crazy twist and turns no one can predict!!!
I was thinking along these lines given the arc title "Jungle Fever" with its meaning of interracial relations (and HP! Equivalent interspecies relations) that the story might concern Sabrina/Fido, But didn't want to say anything given the potentianal sensitivity of the subject.
Argent wrote:
copper wrote:Wait, if Jata's father passed, does that make him King now? Is he the eldest, or a younger sibling?
A prince is the ruler of a princedom or principality (from latin princeps, the 'first' or leader of the senate). The "prince is the son of a king" thing came about after they accumulated so many titles in the person of the king or emperor they started delegating them out to members of the family.

So Charles is technically "Prince Charles" because he's the titular head of the formerly independent country of Wales. Which happens to be inherited by the heir to the throne of England.

I don't know whether the other princes and princesses actually have little conquered slabs of dirt associated with their titles, or whether they've given up on that, but there's plenty of princes that don't become kings, though they may be counts, dukes, earls, barons, baronets, or whatever on the way to the princedom.

Trivia: "Count" Dracula was actually Prince Vlad Tepes of Wallachia. "Dracula" was a title, it meant "dragon", and was derived from his grandfather's membership in a secret order of knights. The "count" bit was an invention of Stoker.
GameCobra wrote: Speaking of Jata, I think one of the things that might be touched on mostly in this arc is the taboo. The cats go crazy over leopards, and it seems Leopards can fall for cats, but the moment Fido is brought up, everyone blows a whistle. Jata might be the understanding example.
Leopards are members of the cat family. They're close relatives. Cats and dogs are opposite ends of the carnivore clan... literally: carnivora is largely split into two suborders: caniformia (dog-like) and feliformia (cat-like).

Keeshah wrote:Does it not bother anyone that all these female cats are fawning over a male that is 4 times there size!
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstimulus
You know, this forum has proved me that I am a total ignoramus.
Keeshah wrote: Sabrina was able to use teleport, when adventuring in Pete's temple.

Does it not bother anyone that all these female cats are fawning over a male that is 4 times there size!
Those were Dragon's powers actually.
And yes, a little bit, but having seen Joey and squeak's relationship I really doubt there could exist anything weirdest and creepy than that.
Render wrote:OK, let's see who will reveal the relationship between Sabrina and Fido. Sabrina, Fido or maybe Peanut with his quick mouth?
To be honest, I always thought that Peanut was going to be the one who reveals the secret.
ryth wrote:you don't have to be psychic to know where this is going
You know, I thought this way a lot of times and Rick has proved me to be wrong almost in every occasion.
HundKatzeMaus wrote:Actually what really suprised me isn't the fact that Jata and Sabrina know each other, but the fact that she showed so much emotions in this strip. I know she isn't emotionsless or coldhearted, but most of the time she keeps her cool...but not this time :lol:
I not concur with you. She has shown a lot emotions throughout the comic so far (and there's more if you include her mini-story). These are some examples:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/02/16/ohh-diss/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/10/ ... -no-ghost/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/02/ ... s-variety/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/02/ ... -actually/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/02/14/kissy-faes/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/05/ ... o-take-ii/

I think the one who fits in that description is Tarot, she seems much more emotionless and serious than her.
Kateleo007 wrote:I know this is really random, but where did Sabrina's earrings go?
Maybe those were just for the occasion. Earrings are just accessories after all, not a part of her body. :P
ImageImage
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Great scoop! Now the secret relation of Sabrina and Fido could be revealed, maybe showing also how did it started... Can't wait for more about this story arc. ;)
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Argent wrote:
copper wrote:Wait, if Jata's father passed, does that make him King now? Is he the eldest, or a younger sibling?
A prince is the ruler of a princedom or principality (from latin princeps, the 'first' or leader of the senate). The "prince is the son of a king" thing came about after they accumulated so many titles in the person of the king or emperor they started delegating them out to members of the family.

So Charles is technically "Prince Charles" because he's the titular head of the formerly independent country of Wales. Which happens to be inherited by the heir to the throne of England.

I don't know whether the other princes and princesses actually have little conquered slabs of dirt associated with their titles, or whether they've given up on that, but there's plenty of princes that don't become kings, though they may be counts, dukes, earls, barons, baronets, or whatever on the way to the princedom.

Trivia: "Count" Dracula was actually Prince Vlad Tepes of Wallachia. "Dracula" was a title, it meant "dragon", and was derived from his grandfather's membership in a secret order of knights. The "count" bit was an invention of Stoker.
GameCobra wrote: Speaking of Jata, I think one of the things that might be touched on mostly in this arc is the taboo. The cats go crazy over leopards, and it seems Leopards can fall for cats, but the moment Fido is brought up, everyone blows a whistle. Jata might be the understanding example.
Leopards are members of the cat family. They're close relatives. Cats and dogs are opposite ends of the carnivore clan... literally: carnivora is largely split into two suborders: caniformia (dog-like) and feliformia (cat-like).

Keeshah wrote:Does it not bother anyone that all these female cats are fawning over a male that is 4 times there size!
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstimulus
No one likes a Know-it-all. :P
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

that stroke is gonna finish what the drowning didn't

also, holy crap Sabrina, it's not just Fido who's made some bad life choices
ImageImage
ImageImage
Gren

Post by Gren »

Sinder wrote:that stroke is gonna finish what the drowning didn't

also, holy crap Sabrina, it's not just Fido who's made some bad life choices
Well, if travel around the world and meet a lot distinguished persons is a bad choice then I'll be happy to repeat the same "mistake" over and over and over. Having had such a life there's no shame to be jealous of her.
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Argent wrote:

As a point of fact, Dracula literally means, SON of the Dragon, not Dragon... First paragraph under NAME in his wikipedia article if you want reference, though I remember that from that awesome History channel documentary on him, back when the History Channel was about History. :roll:

Also, you are right. I thought the previous comic said A prince, so I assumed that meant more than one, which would lead toward a King as the ruler, not a prince... also, Princes do not always hold land... Prince is quite a broad term. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince
If we go by micronations, then yes, you are correct, but the term itself is used in many ways, and my question would have merit in many situations. :)
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
G'aunt_The_Overlord
Location: Arlandia, Vorru, Kanakra, Serus Galaxy, Dimension 7

Post by G'aunt_The_Overlord »

falcon01 wrote:"Danger Will Robinson, Danger!" (flaps arms wildly)
I loled so much at that one! =D, best show ever.

I'm very Impressed that Sabrina has dated a prince/king from an African microcounrty. She kind of looks like a dog in the last panel though.
Felphor

Post by Felphor »

Yeah, I Like Pokemon!
G'aunt_The_Overlord
Location: Arlandia, Vorru, Kanakra, Serus Galaxy, Dimension 7

Post by G'aunt_The_Overlord »

Felphor wrote:Image
exactly
Felphor

Post by Felphor »

G'aunt_The_Overlord wrote:exactly
'Nuff said! XD
Yeah, I Like Pokemon!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I'm getting the feeling that Sabrina will try to convince Maxwell to pretend he's still her boyfriend in order to get rid of Jata without revealing her relationship with Fido.
Argent wrote:Trivia: "Count" Dracula was actually Prince Vlad Tepes of Wallachia. "Dracula" was a title, it meant "dragon", and was derived from his grandfather's membership in a secret order of knights. The "count" bit was an invention of Stoker.
I thought Dracula was merely heavilly based on Vlad Tepes, not actually being said to be him by Stoker.
His father had the name "Dragon" (Dracul), "Dracula" actually meaning son of dragon. Plus, I don't think he would enjoy being called "Tepes" (Impaler), as THAT was indeed the title he earned and became his legacy, one that I doubt anyone dared to say to his face.
Argent wrote:
Ah, so Mammallian carnivora is like the furry fandom! XD
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
mccartneytm

Post by mccartneytm »

Well I was wondering if we were ever going to address this relationship again... Now are you gonna come out into the open about it, Fido?
When Life gives you Lemons, Eat them raw.
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

You know... for a split second I was thinking... "Why is she making that weird face."

Then it hit me like an old bacon-greased frying pan.

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I just noticed Tarot isn't tagged for this comic. We are all silly.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gren

Post by Gren »

Silly Zealot wrote:I'm getting the feeling that Sabrina will try to convince Maxwell to pretend he's still her boyfriend in order to get rid of Jata without revealing her relationship with Fido.
Well, considering how much he appreciates her, I doubt he would be willing to help. He could do it just to get some fame but that definitely will ruin his chances with Grape so it's quite difficult to happen.
I wonder if the ones who already know about them (Grape, Peanut and King) will have a special role in this arc, even though they were main characters of their own arcs recently.
ImageImage
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

andyyee wrote:
copper wrote:I do think you just killed half of all forumites with this reveal. :lol:

*gasp* *thud*
I'm having a stroke. If I die it's your fault.
Feel my icy wrath!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Silly Zealot wrote: I thought Dracula was merely heavilly based on Vlad Tepes, not actually being said to be him by Stoker.
The character has taken on a life of his own, the best Dracula homage I know is Saberhagen's "The Dracula Tape", which ties in the events in Stoker's book and events in the historical Vlad's life.

If you can, you should immediately stop whatever you're doing and pick up http://www.amazon.com/Dracula-Tape-Sabe ... B004UT5ZEI ... it's really amazingly good.

I said stop what you're doing. You're not stopping. WHY? </glados>
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Gren wrote:I wonder if the ones who already know about them (Grape, Peanut and King) will have a special role in this arc, even though they were main characters of their own arcs recently.
If Sabrina isn't considering coming out, yeah this just might make things a little more difficult...
...and perhaps a little more interesting... XDD
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Argent wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote: I thought Dracula was merely heavilly based on Vlad Tepes, not actually being said to be him by Stoker.
The character has taken on a life of his own, the best Dracula homage I know is Saberhagen's "The Dracula Tape", which ties in the events in Stoker's book and events in the historical Vlad's life.

If you can, you should immediately stop whatever you're doing and pick up http://www.amazon.com/Dracula-Tape-Sabe ... B004UT5ZEI ... it's really amazingly good.

I said stop what you're doing. You're not stopping. WHY? </glados>
Ok, I picked it up.....now what?
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
matthew Wolf wrote:0-0 this cerianly is going to be intresting i wonder how fido will react .....and jata i wouldnt want to get in an argument with him :? hes HUGE
Yeah Jata is Huge, but Fido can be VERY INTIMIDATING.

Actually what really suprised me isn't the fact that Jata and Sabrina know each other, but the fact that she showed so much emotions in this strip. I know she isn't emotionsless or coldhearted, but most of the time she keeps her cool...but not this time :lol:

But I wonder, when someone will use her picture in the fourth panel as Avatar... I would do it, because it looks hilarious :mrgreen:
0-0 yesh fido can be scary at times
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

deepskycyan wrote:
Gren wrote:I wonder if the ones who already know about them (Grape, Peanut and King) will have a special role in this arc, even though they were main characters of their own arcs recently.
If Sabrina isn't considering coming out, yeah this just might make things a little more difficult...
...and perhaps a little more interesting... XDD
I think 'a lot' might still be an understatement in this case. There seems to be a simpler solution, but I really doubt that Sabrina will be going with that one.
Gamewolf67 wrote:
andyyee wrote:

*gasp* *thud*
I'm having a stroke. If I die it's your fault.
They're getting the survivors one by one... I think we're in Final Destination. :o
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo