Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Seth »

Joy: I have my first art history class today. I'm obviously going to be nervous until I get there and meet the professor and sit through a class but I'm excited for the class and pretty sure I'll like it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Sorrow: I just remembered something that happened on Friday.
We were putting in our passwords for Engineering and our system starts us off with "s#" followed by our student number.
I heard a kid call the pound a "hashtag."
I died a little inside.
Joy: He said that he only called it that because he wanted to put it in a way that everyone could wasily understand.
Sorrow: He had to do that in the first place.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

A little Sorrow: Our internet has been slowing down recently. I can't even watch YouTube videos without pausing every few seconds or load a Tumblr page correctly.
Another little Sorrow: I've been thinking too much about some... stuff while I'm at school. Now I have trouble focusing during class.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I don't suppose your going to tell us what this "stuff" is, otherwise you would have said it, wish you yuck though and hope you stop getting distracted by it before you get in trouble for not paying attention. (I do it all the time, I just blank whilst daydreaming only to find I have been staring at someone for ten minuets)

Joy: three consecutive free lessons today and tommorow means me and my friends have and can have long discussions and joke about things.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Duster

Post by Duster »

Joy: I just heard back from a job I've applied for and they want to employ me! :shock: :arrow: :lol:
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Joy: So apparently, I have the second highest reading level in my class. Which is pretty awesome but...
Sorrow: Because of that, the books I am "recommended" to read are just so boring. None of them have my interest. And the books that I actually want to read turns out to be way too low or "basic" for my reading level. At least that's what they say.
Embarrassed: I just recently stumbled upon an old folder in the computer filled with my old stories. Half of which were fan fictions I made myself. I was a little (okay, a lot) embarrassed at myself at how I used to write. Like, seriously, every page, every sentence I wrote made nearly made me cringe. I'm lucky none of these are ever gonna be read by anyone.
Annoyed: Some of my classmates think I have a crush on someone. And that someone is also a friend of mine. Now they won't stop bugging me or teasing me about how I got friendzoned or stuff like that, even though all in all I didn't mind it.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Sorrow: Had a bad tasting kebab today, should have bought something else.
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Mickey the Luxray

ShadowLightning wrote:Joy: So apparently, I have the second highest reading level in my class. Which is pretty awesome but...
Sorrow: Because of that, the books I am "recommended" to read are just so boring. None of them have my interest. And the books that I actually want to read turns out to be way too low or "basic" for my reading level. At least that's what they say.
Embarrassed: I just recently stumbled upon an old folder in the computer filled with my old stories. Half of which were fan fictions I made myself. I was a little (okay, a lot) embarrassed at myself at how I used to write. Like, seriously, every page, every sentence I wrote made nearly made me cringe. I'm lucky none of these are ever gonna be read by anyone.
Annoyed: Some of my classmates think I have a crush on someone. And that someone is also a friend of mine. Now they won't stop bugging me or teasing me about how I got friendzoned or stuff like that, even though all in all I didn't mind it.
I know every feel there. Especially the thing with the old fanfiction... well, we're a bit different in that aspect. With me, that part of writing it tends to happen while I'm writing the story and I always feel bad for putting it up. In Fireman V2's case, I didn't even get through the first chapter without realizing how horribly flawed it was.

Sorrow: Woke up late, forgot to do some homework. BC
Not impressed with how this week is turning out so far. Hopefully next week goes better because I'll really be prepared.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

ShadowLightning wrote:Joy: So apparently, I have the second highest reading level in my class. Which is pretty awesome but...
My reading level was post-high school when I was in the 6th grade. And you know what, I had never even touched a book with a reading level above 6th or 7th grade at the most. It wasn't what books I read so much as the fact I just read so darn much.

Believe me, you are way better off reading 3 or 4 "easy" books that you enjoy rather than forcing yourself through something that you don't like. Now, I'm not saying it isn't good to challenge yourself with a harder book, but look until you find something you think you'll like. And in the meantime, keep reading the other stuff that you do like. I didn't pick up a high school level book until I was in the 10th grade despite the fact I could have been reading them in 6th.
ShadowLightning wrote:Embarrassed: I just recently stumbled upon an old folder in the computer filled with my old stories. Half of which were fan fictions I made myself. I was a little (okay, a lot) embarrassed at myself at how I used to write. Like, seriously, every page, every sentence I wrote made nearly made me cringe. I'm lucky none of these are ever gonna be read by anyone.
Dude, go look at my fanfiction here. It was my first attempt at writing ever, and every time I look at it I want to hide in a hole and never get on the internet again. At least you learned before you started showing people.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Ah I remember my old days as a writer. Not exactly "old" as I was ten but back then I felt that my class was too jaded to bother enjoying some of the more refined things in life. As I stopped talking I began reading more comics and writing, even if my hand writing IS still poor. I actually wrote two horror stories, three comic plots and dialogues, along with a handful of jokes and philosophical/engineering trivia, but sadly never got past winning a story writing competition for my efforts.
Ahhhh the good old days.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Found a nice newer song to listen to. :D
Sorrow: Got English homework that I really don't feel like doing. :(
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm half-decent at English. It's my native language and I have an expansive vocabulary.

Oh, and I have a journalism degree, which is a bit like having an English degree but without any creativity.

What's your homework? (You should do your homework.)

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Joy:Week's half over.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Bake sale today! Brownies are 2 for $1. Gonna get 10!
Sorrow: Gotta get through English and 3 other classes before I can go buy them....
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: first driving lesson went swimmingly. Didn't end up critically injured or being sued.
And get me some brownies! :lol:
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Sounds reassuring, Kyuubi! Guess that everyone around you was unharmed (including mentally) as well. ;)

Joy: Tomorrow we're going to Monino museum for... erm... some kind of official celebrations. Don't really care about that, because I haven't been in that place for ages, and now I'm even taken there for free :lol:
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

No chance of taking me with you Is there? I wanna go. :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Those were some good brownies. Ate them all in 10 minutes.
Mickey the Luxray

Megamaster wrote:Joy: Those were some good brownies. Ate them all in 10 minutes.
I don't blame you. Brownies and cookies are the kings of sweet, chewy goodness. Unless they're burned. Or made improperly.

Worried: Ever since the virus hit Bitdefender hasn't been working properly. I'm wondering if this is another instance of Bitdefender being all "world-class" or something more... malevolent.
On another note: THE SUN IS BEING TOO BRIGHT *HISSSSSSS*

Post by 0404 »

I can't eat brownies, cats can't eat sweet stuffz. Really.

Joy:I felt very accomplished yesterday. I finished all the things that I've planned to do. Thanks to my Handy dandy note book.

Joy:I'm really happy to start another Cadet year :3

Joy: my kitty is so lovely :3
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: I really love this song.
Sorrow: I wish there was orange soda in the fridge.
Mickey the Luxray

Sorrow: There was one dead pixel on my laptop screen a few weeks ago. Now there are three. I get a feeling that this will spread really fast.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: I have a Lunch period today.....
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Megamaster wrote:Joy: Found a nice newer song to listen to. :D
Sorrow: Got English homework that I really don't feel like doing. :(
Do your homework and become an English major. Chicks dig english majors and we're 74% more awesome than everyone else. That's a fact.

Sorrow: Helped close at work last night and was there about an hour later than I should have been (2AM). Didn't get my rough draft of my paper done as a result.
Sorrow: Between various petty grievances at work that point to a lack of respect and appreciation for me and the constant short-handedness I'm looking for another job.
sorrow: I work saturday and sunday afternoon.
Joy: It'll still be a good weekend because I'm awesome and associate with fun people.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

joy : watched some music video today on youtube , for some reason that put a smile on my face , which is rare , so yay :D
sorrow : well most , if not all of them were about Sonic , and that make me wanna play a sonic game again , which I can't , all systems I have are busted , and my pc is not 100% fixed , which means it can't emulate anything either , whyyyyyy ?!
sorrow : tomorrow , friday the 13th *dun dun dun*
sorrow : least than 2 week of vacation left *sigh*
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I was tempted to taunt you with my collection of systems and sonic games, but that would be cruel. :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: No English homework!
Sorrow: I had to pick something hard to do for computer graphics. I could've done something simple but no. I had to be an over-achieving idiot.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: I'm getting my driver's license soon!

Sorrow: The streets in this town suck D:
Sent from my conifer.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Same feeling here, my first lesson went well.
Just remember what my mum taught me, "treat every other driver on the road like they are totally stupid and unpredictable" and you may not have an accident. :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: That was some good chicken.
Sorrow: There's no more.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Joy: Enrollment day went well! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I spent the entire of last night dying a little from fear and I was so nervous when sitting in the lecture theater getting an intro to our course. Heck I was TERRIFIED! But through some heart pounding good luck I made some new friends AND the course instructors are nice and jokey. And when we had a tour of the campus I got to see all the cute fluffy things that they had. I saw woofies, some scottish wildcats a few ferrets and lots lots more! IT WAS A GREAT DAY!!! (dying from lack of sleep + dehydration +headache +stomach ache but it is all fine). I just need to find a way to afford an annual bus pass and I am set.

Anger: Must...resist...punching...computer. Stupid thing doesn't seem to want to work today.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

What campus was it? I just reilised how close you are in relation to me, how ya doing? :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: My mom is really desperate to get me a job when I don't want one. :(
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Sorrow: I'm getting real fed up with people. Perhaps I'm to nice...
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: I took my first Lab Practical for my anatomy class. I am pretty sure that I bombed it. We were told in class that it would be on cells and tissues, but lo and behold it was comprehensive. I trudged through it as best I could but by the time I handed it in, I was really wishing I was dead. I have never really had a will to live and now I have none.

I hate this "General Education" crap. They say it is to make us well rounded but it just seems like a good way to squeeze us for tuition money. I am a college graduate with a bachelor's degree and I have to take a basic computer use class?! It is an online class and the first quiz asked what a website is and what a link is! What does this have to do with nursing anyway?! Do I need to know how to make a power point presentation to suture a wound or tie a tourniquet?!

I would love nothing more than to quit right now but that is a guaranteed death sentence. I try not to talk too much about my personal life because I am so pathologically private, but I went to Appalachian State University. I graduated and now I work for ASU as a housekeeper. I mop floors. I am surrounded by a bunch of mean spirited trash that I euphemistically call co-workers, because they don't do that much work. They all have full-time status and the pay and benefits that go with it for doing nothing. They are, however, quite proficient at causing trouble for you if they don't like you, which they don't of course. They are gossips, liars, hypocrites, hatemongers and troublemakers. What is worse than them are the students. They range from the inconsiderate to the cruel. I had one kid ask me "How did you get such a crappy job? Are you a junkie or a convict?" and one calmly uncapped his drink, poured it out on the table in front of me and said "clean it up you poor piece of ****". I don't want to do this anymore, but the only way out is that nursing degree. It is killing me in so many ways. My back and legs are stiff as a board at the end of the day and I'm tired, so I can't even find time or energy to work out. So, I just get fatter and lazier. It is so mind numbing that I can't remember things as clear as I used to and I find that I am comfortable just staring into space and being bored. People are so cruel that I wish could be away from them but I can't. I have to clean up after them.

I can't help but think that the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train heading toward me. I just hope that it hits with enough force that what is left can't feel pain anymore.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Are people really doing stuff like that to you at work? If so, you really should be seeing management about that if they are because that's just unruly work ethics.

I'm sorry to hear about your practice, but chin up! I wouldn't let university bring you down to earth so easily. You can feel bad about it (I did), but just don't let it feel like it's the end of the road. I believe basic comptuers is a requirement for most college courses these days to get people to learn how to look professional. considering how most companies are, they are likely just training you to make sure you ain't missing out in ways to present and act professional. I had it with my art classes and photography courses as well and i'm sure most college courses do.

Joy: I feel relieved to say I have my goals setup in life now after a frustrating week figuring out what people want out of life, and now i know: World of Warcraft with the family, Housepets to support the awesome community here and to support Rick on his comic, and write some stories in life that I love to write. Maybe someday, these stories will make it into a videogame =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: That was the best and most awkward Skype call I've ever been a part of. I WANT MORE! :D
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Sorrow: When I was brushing my teeth yesterday, I discovered my wisdom teeth growing in 8'(.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Don't worry, they only really hurt when you bite into something with them.
Joy: my wisdom teeth have finished growing. :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: I had no English homework to do! :D
Sorrow: I have Economics homework to do...