Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Foxstar »

I'm currently playing Project X Zone. It's alright I guess. Still got to start on the new Mario and Luigi tho.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Guys. Hey. Hey guys hey. Guess what? They announced that Retro City Rampage will be ported over to the 3DS.

And I agree, Foxstar. I've played the demo of Project X Zone. Liked the gameplay and the character selection(OMG MEGA MAN X IS IN THIS GAME!!! *SQUEEEEEEEEE*) despite a few quibles.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Has anyone ever tried to go on a GMod build server recently? It's like War of the Servers over there. Went on three the other day, all of them ended up being crashed by some spammer...
If you want my number, it's #804080.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hey guys. There's a 2DS.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

It's so silly, I love it
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't get why people are spazzing over it. It's meant primarily for children (considering the 3DS's safety warning) and also doubles as a cheaper option for people who don't particularly care about the 3D. Those of us who don't like it don't have to buy it, and unlike if we don't buy the 3DS, Vita, Wii U, PS4, or Xbox One, not buying it does not shut us out of getting any new games (provided we already have a 3DS, anyway).

It's coming out when Pokémon X and Y do, and they want those games to be as accessible as possible. I have no complaints.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I have no complaints, but all I would really see in it is the joystick, and I can mod those into any system lacking one anyway.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

On the 2DS (tad bit of swearing)
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

There's a reason why they made it... :| My counter argument, yet I could care less about the 2Ds since the last time I bought something like that was a nintendo Sp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY9A18HD ... FHO_XG1PZg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIjFGWkt ... FHO_XG1PZg
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'll be quite honest, I don't like 3D at all...but I do want to play some of the games on the 3DS...

That being said, I don't want to play something that doesn't fold. It's just too big without the fold in my honest opinion. Not to mention, just like with the DS, USA get's cooler colours than Europe (subject to opinion) AND apparently will cost about $40 more in UK than in USA. This type of stuff just get's me mad though, so meh...
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

44R0NM10 wrote:I'll be quite honest, I don't like 3D at all...but I do want to play some of the games on the 3DS...

That being said, I don't want to play something that doesn't fold. It's just too big without the fold in my honest opinion. Not to mention, just like with the DS, USA get's cooler colours than Europe (subject to opinion) AND apparently will cost about $40 more in UK than in USA. This type of stuff just get's me mad though, so meh...

Yeah what was it, I think Australia is paying something like $80 bucks plus for triple A games. Absolutely ridiculous. *Cough* go Pc. The whole folding thing though I could see being an issue though think about 5 year olds. Hinges don't last. Then again, I got my gameboy Sp when I was still pretty young so meh. Up to the consumer.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

The original DS had poor hinges...but that's it. My little brother has never broke a DS (that includes the original one), and he must've been at least 6 when he first got it. My SP still works too, and I got it as soon as it came out (when I was 8).

I think the guy in the video you linked just knew some spoilt kids who didn't know how to treat their gifts with respect...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The cool thing about the 3DS is you can turn off the 3D with the switch. The main reason the 2DS exists is to be cheaper, more durable (not to say the 3DS isn't still pretty durable), and give peace of mind to parents of young kids.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sleet wrote:I don't get why people are spazzing over it
My issue is this: It doesn't fold. Why?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There has only been one mechanical failure in the history of Nintendo's hardware casing, and that was a hinge. Maybe they wanted to cover their weak spots. :P
Mickey the Luxray

It could also be some sort of nostalgia thing... the Game Boy didn't fold (until the SP, I mean)
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Sleet wrote:The main reason the 2DS exists is to be cheaper

This will probably be the biggest factor. If it still plays 3ds games with out that 3D crap and it's cheaper, why not go for it?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:
Tossing aside the mountain of nondisclosure agreements I signed, those hinges are easily damaged. If you want customers to be happy, you eliminate annoyances and if this is marketed for younger kids... that's a pretty good reason not to have something easy to snap in half.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Dissension wrote:
The Grey Wolverine wrote:
Tossing aside the mountain of nondisclosure agreements I signed, those hinges are easily damaged. If you want customers to be happy, you eliminate annoyances and if this is marketed for younger kids... that's a pretty good reason not to have something easy to snap in half.
They're about as easy to damage as a Nokia phone in my experience...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think the hinges are that fragile. They just aren't Nintendo levels of indestructible. My DS Lite is the only thing to suffer hinge damage and that took years.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

My original DS suffered hinge damage after years. Or more specifically after my mother buried it under 400Kg of make up in her draw after I failed a test, so it wasn't exactly the consoles or my doing. I don't think it's much of an issue if your sensible and don't throw the thing down flights of stairs.
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

My DS held up pretty well actually, although I didn't really play all that much on it. Mainly just Hotel Dusk.

Strangely enough I've only owned 2 hand-helds, a PSP and a DS, and I only really played one game on each. Hotel Dusk on the DS and Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core on the PSP. (Although the PSP is very useful for the wi-fi!)
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet wrote:I don't think the hinges are that fragile. They just aren't Nintendo levels of indestructible. My DS Lite is the only thing to suffer hinge damage and that took years.
I love that I work for an electronics warranty company and y'all don't believe me about this. x3 It's not like I've handled hundreds of escalations over this issue or anything.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Why do I get the impression some people think it will be GameCube level invincible and end up throwing one off a flat?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Apparently in Pokemon X and Y, the starters you can choose are Fennekin, Froakie, Chespin, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Look.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My understanding was that you can get one of the Kanto starters later. Not as additional options at the beginning.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Well, in addition to that my Japanese friend showed me news on some game website I don't remember, that said you don't get to choose Fenniken, Froakie, or Chespin, just the Kanto starters, so I don't know. I guess we'll find out when it releases.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There's no possible way that your first Pokémon can't be a Generation VI Pokémon.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Sleet wrote:There's no possible way that your first Pokémon can't be a Generation VI Pokémon.
That'd be another interesting little twist now, wouldn't it?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Duster wrote:That'd be another interesting little twist now, wouldn't it?
Interesting, probably. Smart, not really. I expect it would be similar to the few over times where other Gen starters were available on earlier versions ingame.

Although it would be awesome if you could acquire one of the 1st Generation starters as more part of the storyline.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
mccartneytm

Post by mccartneytm »

Therolyn wrote:
Duster wrote:That'd be another interesting little twist now, wouldn't it?
Interesting, probably. Smart, not really. I expect it would be similar to the few over times where other Gen starters were available on earlier versions ingame.

Although it would be awesome if you could acquire one of the 1st Generation starters as more part of the storyline.
I wouldn't count on it, as the setting of gen 6 is an alternate reality version of France. Whereas all the main series games that involved getting a starter from an older generation were set in an alternate reality version of Japan.
Because of the whole, different part of the globe = no old pokemon, deal they started with gen 5; I doubt they will change this policy in their version of Europe.
When Life gives you Lemons, Eat them raw.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Has anyone played Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 on the PS2?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Played it once round a cousins, but I was new to it and he was an experienced player. From what I have played it is good. :D
Mickey the Luxray

Has anyone heard of Black Shades? It's an old Mac game from 2002 that was entered in the uDevGames contest for that year. It's actually pretty advanced for a game of its age. Loads of fun, too! (Except the last level. Just hope that you don't get that far.)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I've never even heard of it. What's it like?
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I'm currently playing Dragon's Crown on my Vita. It's alright in small doses, but doesn't really draw me in for long hauls.

Also Project X Zone gets really repetitive the longer it goes on. Battles now run me at least a hour, hour and a half.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Heya, does anybody here play Blood Bowl?
Mickey the Luxray

Sleet wrote:I've never even heard of it. What's it like?
It's basically an FPS where you're a psychic bodyguard who has to protect a VIP whilst he goes and walks around in a circle for no apparent reason. And there are assassins who want to kill the VIP for... again, no apparent reason. So you have to shoot them. It's free, it's fun, and it's actually pretty difficult. The entirety of the game was made in a few months, so graphics aren't groundbreaking, but they managed to make it look like it was intended to be that way from the start which is impressive.

That's a gameplay screenshot. What's interesting about the aiming system is that instead of providing you with a crosshair you get to aim down the gun's sights whenever you stop moving (the Handgun, Magnum and Sniper Rifle are exceptions: You're always ADS with the pistols and you have to crouch to scope in on the sniper) which makes simple things like noscopes with the Sniper Rifle even more rewarding.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's pretty cool. It kind of reminds me of this one game I forget what it's called that has bad graphics but extremely in-depth gun mechanics.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

AMNESIA IN LESS THAN A DAY EXCITED EXCITED TIME TO GET SCARED~
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW