HPU?: Apollo City OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: [Pet Friendly?] Apollo City: OOC

Post by MrNeonShot »

Legotron123 wrote:Yea how about Noah and James? Where do they live?
Yep.
This is DEFINETLY why I haven't posted.
No writers block here.
No sir.
Okay, so Rosie and Puerto lives in an apartment building as well.
How about we both live in C3?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The link to the IC has been posted on the front page.
Here it is again if you can't find it there.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... f=5&t=2598
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So, I just wanted to let you know, there aren't big crime gangs in Apollo City. The moon base screens and filters activity of others. Maybe crime gangs form in the city after landing, but very rarely.
Most likely there will be only one guy for almost every crime.
That's just a heads up, in case Noah has to go after another crime.
That is, until the moon base crashes. mwahaha!
Also, I like how Noah took down that crime thingy.

One more thing. Why is everyone preparing for the apocalypse?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Is Apollo City still open? Call me crazy, but I got the inspiration for a character after seeing a violent catfight outside my room :shock:

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yup. Instructions on signing up are in the 2nd entry I think.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Erm, well, now that I look at her character sheet, it seems like she is breaking a lot of barriers. Still, might as well.

Name
Ashe Smith

Species
Domestic cat (mixed breed)

Class
Pure pet

Appearance
She has a double coat, a smoke-coloured overcoat and a white undercoat. However, her overcoat only covers her head, arms and upper back, while absent at her lower back, causing her to look bald from her waist downwards (even if it’s not exactly so). She is slim, and relatively medium in height (around 4ft). Her outer limbs have dark grey rings going to her elbows and knees, respectively. She has yellow-green eyes, with hazy translucent pupils, because she is partially blind. She wears a black tank top and a white collar with a pair of dog tags bearing her name and medical information such as blood type and medications, and a four-leaved clover engraved on one side.

Mods (?)
A medical belt pouch that contains white blood cells and antibodies which are pumped into her veins via a durable IV line into her upper left arm. These proteins are replenished daily. The tube is secured in place close to her body by snaking it through special loops inside her tank top.

Personality
Ashe has a very easy-going personality, preferring to just ride the waves instead of fighting against it… except in one case. She dislikes cy-pets, and would not try to mingle with them if given the choice. She loves getting to know other pure pets as well as the new race called the ani-droids, but she will avoid talking to cy-pets at any cost, before. It’s only because of her owner’s insistence that she is even willing to be in the same space as cy-pets and talk to them.

Despite being a pure pet, she has a weak body and immune system, and requires intravenous antibodies injected into her body several times daily. Her owner decides to create and custom-fit a medical belt pouch which serves as a continual IV drip system to administer these cells and nutrients automatically. Ashe is very thankful for her owner’s dedication to treating her, so she never complaints or even mention about the tube unless when asked.

The cat herself is an outgoing pet, and loves to make friends with other pets, as long as they are not cy-pets. She also has a gregarious personality, and smiles a lot. She used to be an active runner before the virus outbreak, and still dreams of running freely now, but her conditions bars her from doing so. Ironically, at certain times she becomes extremely pessimistic and snarky, but this occurrence is reducing in frequency.

There are two things she will never reveal to anyone except her owner; the first is how she survived the virus outbreak. The second one is her weight and body measurements! xD

Apollo Stats

Strength ----- 2 *struggles to lift a stack of books* “Nope—not working!”
Perception---- 4 “Please do speak up your mind when you’re with me, I’m not exactly a mind-reader!”
Endurance --- 5 “You know how I used to race with motorbikes? *blushes* Only for the first 100 metres.”
Charisma----- 10 “Ohhaithere,we’regoingtobethebestoffriendsIjustknowit!”
Intelligence -- 5 “I have some smarts in me, and that’s all I need to get around!”
Agility ------ 10 “I used to race with motobikes — by running!” <3
Luck -------- 6 “Welp, this four-leaved clover is a charm for me to stay safe.”

Colour
#BFBFBF
===============================
Owner
John Smith

Species
Alien, though he prefers appearing as a human male

Class
High Class

Appearance
When he is in his original forme, he has an oval body and a long protrusion below that serves as his ‘leg’. He has two oval limbs that serve as ‘hands’, detached from his body and connected to the main body via higher cardiopathy. His ‘head’ is also detached, floating above the body, with two yellow bulls-eye eyes, a long rounded beak and a protrusion that looks like an antenna. He is lavender and electric blue in colouration. He is a shape-shifter by default, and does not have a gender. He chooses to be male just for formalities’ sake.

In his human forme, he appears as a man in his 30s with lavender crop-cut hair and a goatee. He is fairly tall, 5ft10in to be exact and has a fit physique. He wears a black knitted turtleneck sweater, black slacks and a lab coat. The only way you can tell that he’s an alien is from his hair colour, which for some strange reasons, he seems to like…

Job
Pharmacist, and independent pharmacological researcher (by Earth standards, anyhow). He owns a small-scale pharmacy serving humans and aliens alike.

Other notes
It must be noted that he dislikes his ‘High Class’ classification vehemently, and insisted in living like a Low Class citizen. He has a deep interest in Earth culture, so much so that he wants to blend in with them as much as possible, hence his human forme. He also spends a large fortune on adopting Ashe, even with her frail physique, because he feels like he needs to contribute back to the Earthling society, and because it’s love at first sight. He is also the one who designed and maintains her medic belt. He wants Ashe to start making friends with everyone, cy-pets included, so he encourages her to try talking to them at least, for now. He is the only one who knows the real reason behind Ashe’s dislike for cy-pets. He speaks English by default, but since the Serpiente society on Apollo speaks Spanish, he's been learning Spanish as well. He just loves the fact he gets to practice another language!

Living area
C3 (2nd floor), and his pharmacy is located at the ground floor of the building.

EDITED: The stats :3
Last edited by kurowolfe on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

A couple problems...
C1 is Atlas Incorporated.

I did have a problem with him being an alien other than Serpiente, but I think he sounds cool.

I didn't like her dislike of cy-pets. They are apart of the animal kingdom after all.
But, I think the reason she dislikes cy-pets is because she is coming to the point she may need the procedure done to her.

I didn't want to except her, but that would just be me being prejudice.
Because, not everyone came out hunky-dory from the virus.
I like this character because of the contrast she gives from most of the other characters.

I do believe that John...
I didn't notice the name. If your serious about this being his name, that's fine.
But, because he's an alien that U.S and U.K don't know about, and his name is John Smith, I do believe there would be complications to his ability to get on
Apollo City. Anyways, I do believe John can speak a different language other than Spanish. If you want to completely skip the process of Spanish to English,
go ahead. But, that's up to you.
There is a list of what buildings are taken, and some apartment buildings if you want.

Also, if you want to show the process of arriving on Apollo City, I think we need more people to get on the moon base.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ok, shoot me. I was thinking a C building that is not C2, when I actually meant C3, not C1. /orz

I actually was well aware that Ashe and her owner are oddballs (like a previous character that I built), but there are some backstories behind them. I didn't put them in because the OP mentioned trying not to reveal too much. Ah well, here goes.

[Edited out due to backstory spoilers]

And I'm okay starting just anywhere, the moon base is ok ^^

I'm also ok with changing her personality or anything else if need be.
Last edited by kurowolfe on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrystallineWolf

Post by CrystallineWolf »

I like her attitude! It sets up the stage for drama and character development!

P.S. Neon and Hyper, I can't post that fast (well I could, but I'm not near the computer often enough...0
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I'm sorry. I'll slow down.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

no-gah-no!
Say it in the story.
I refuse to read.
(I haven't read the backstory.)
The point is, your excepted. Actual guns aren't allowed, but we have a variety of stun guns.
That's just a joke.^
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Wait, now I'm confused. Did you mean 'you're accepted', Neon? I assumed that you rejected the character. In that case, is their current character sheet ok?
And I'm a little slow when it comes to non-obvious American jokes, so please be careful with me.

CrystallineWolf

I think he means 'accepted' and misspelled, or he means to place a pun on 'exception' and 'accepted' with one word?

I don't get a lot of American jokes either, and I'm a by-birth citizen!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

No, thats just me using the wrong word.
Your current character sheet is excepted accepted.
No American jokes.
Let me check the buildings.
Okay, so C3 is an all apartment building.
I don't think the pharmacy should be there.
I'll look for another place for the pharmacy.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sorry, we'll slow down.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Polaris is in the Memorial park too if anyone is interested.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

MrNeonShot wrote:So, I just wanted to let you know, there aren't big crime gangs in Apollo City. The moon base screens and filters activity of others. Maybe crime gangs form in the city after landing, but very rarely.
Most likely there will be only one guy for almost every crime.
That's just a heads up, in case Noah has to go after another crime.
That is, until the moon base crashes. mwahaha!
Also, I like how Noah took down that crime thingy.

One more thing. Why is everyone preparing for the apocalypse?
1. Okay, I'll account for that next time.
2. I'm still surprised by that. It's like Cloverfield, except the disaster happens sooner.
3. Here's the music if you're interested: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0DKWj98rX ... 0DKWj98rXI
4. Huh?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

So, erm, before I start, I made a cheat sheet of all the characters so far, because I'm not very familiar with all the characters yet. I made a similar one for Applegate, but this one's a necessity for me :? Hope everyone else can find use for this as well.

Apollo City Cheat Sheet

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Just letting everyone know. Dust's Mega Buster thingy isn't always showing, it's usually just his hand. Just thought I'd toss that into the ocean.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
CrystallineWolf

Oh mi gosh! That cheat sheet is soooooo COOL!....I don't have the patience to do something like that of free will....

....I'd like to see the one for Applegate....
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Unstated age? Rather unknown
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Currently waiting for final confirmation on location from MrNeonShot. ;)

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

That cheat sheet is awesome! Hope your RPing skills are just as good.
Although I'm not really one to judge, seeing as I'm so new.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sorry, kurowolfe.
I haven't had the chance to get on my laptop.
If you want, you can start at the moon base.
Just don't say where the pharmacy is.
*ba-dadada-da-da-DAAAAA!!!* <trumpet]
New building for kurowolfe!
Just across the street from C3, is C12, the pharmacy!
I can edit the name if you want, but for now it's temporary title is the pharmacy.
Now you can start posting!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Salutations!
You guys have room for one more? I've been looking at this thread for a few days (it's pretty cool), but wasn't sure if reading the book was mandatory to join >_<
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

It isn't mandatory, but I think its an awesome book.
Always open until it closes.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hope I did this right.
Name: Avery Johnson

Species: Canadian Eskimo Dog

Type: Cy-Pet

Appearance: A medium sized dog, because his ancestors originated from a colder climate he is covered in a thick coat of fur from head to toe. Other than the fur on his face (which is brown, see species link for a more accurate depiction) he's covered in a relatively white pelt. He wears a red collar around his neck and from it, hangs a tag in the shape of the rod of Asclepius. He also wears a brown newsboy cap.

Because of the progression of the disease in his body he had to replace his left hand, right leg and right eye. Because of this one of his eyes is a light blue while the other is a strange orange and in an attempt to make him look as much like a real pet as possible, his mechanical limbs were covered by a fake layer of fur (though his operators weren't able to get the exact tone correct, resulting in a slightly grayer shade of white over his replacement limbs). And though the fake fur looks and feels like the real thing, they can be taken off like a glove or a sock to reveal the metallic limbs, both of which are colored in their natural steel tint. But at a first glance, he looks like a pure pet.

Modifications:
Hardlight Shield - His cybernetic hand has the ability to generate a flat rectangular 4 feet by 1.5 feet slab of fused light particles that has the capabilities to repel anything up to the force of a tank mortar (and not a pin needle more).

Quickscan Retina - His cybernetic eye allows him to diagnose physical problems a person may have. This is very limited in scope being that he can only diagnose those that are right in front of him (and preferably standing still)

Personality Polite in manner and pretty lax in general, Avery is the portrayal of a pretty carefree dog. Employed as a guide dog in the past (before the virus hit) he has a protective instinct, but not just to his owner or friends, but to the people generally around him. His training makes him want to help other out and keep them safe. He tries his best not to make an conflicts and tries to go out of his way to stop them when he can. Its a great achievement if you can anger him but when you do it comes off merely as mild annoyance.
Maybe the only thing he can't stand is the fact that he's a cyber-pet, not that he has anything against other cyber-pets. But to have all this technology just so he can walk, see, and grab a door knob.... He's suppose to be helping people, not the other way around. At least that's what he thinks. This mindset can make him stubborn at times and act vain (in the sense he feels he doesn't need help from anyone). The fake fur over his legs and arms were created on his insistence, to disguise his look. He's still in the rehab program and getting used to his new limbs.

Other Notes: He does have one small quirk in which he has the tendency to record mental notes with a pen recorder he keeps in his collar.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Strength - 7
Perception - 6
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 9
Intelligence - 5
Agility - 6
Luck - 4

Color: #FF4000
---------------------------------------------------
Owner: Alec Johnson

Species: Male Human

Class: Middle Class

Appearance: Sandy brown short hair, pale skin, he looks like a normal human, and he is. Usually seen in a t-shirt with some weird logo on it , and jeans. His eyes are green and he usually has a 6 o'clock shadow on his face. He is also partially blind in his left eye

Job: Owner of a small coffee shop around the C area named "Sufficient Grounds Café"

Living Area: H1
Last edited by Roarin on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sounds like a cool character.
But, I do think we have a lot of cy-pets, and not enough ani-droids and pure pets.
So far, we only have, like, 2 pure pets.
Maybe if he was an ani-droid, who actually thinks he's a pure pet, would be interesting.
I just think we have too many cy-pets, and not enough other types.
Sorry.
But, don't let that stop you from playing. If you still want to, create another sheet and most likely you'll be excepted.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Okay, I'll try to think of something else.

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Actually, I change my mind. Your Cy-Pet seems to have a great personality, and the fact that he is going through rehab is cool.
I was going to say something about the hardlight shield, but I think Legotron's character has a bubble shield type. I'm not sure.
But, I will say this. What do you want his job to be, and how will your mods help aid in the job?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

As a service dog on Earth, Avery helps those who had a disability in some way, be it blindness, hearing impairment, or a decompensated mental status, and even help in the rehabilitation of some of them. And the virus doesn't change the fact that he still wants to help, because that's what he was born, bred and trained for. Though with the high level of technology on Apollo City, I doubt many of its citizens will have any physical impairments, seeing as they can replace limbs and organs for pets, I'm assuming they can do the same for humans so I'm not sure how much good a service dog will do in this type of city. Any public service job would be suitable for him, though I was wondering if I could enroll him into service as a volunteer fire of police dog.

Avery's mods help him help others. His cybernetic eyes can assess if someone is in dire need of medical attention (from a physically injured standpoint), and his hardlight shield can be projected in front of those that need a barrier between them and a oncoming object, be it preventing an organ piano falling onto an unsuspecting pedestrian, or stopping a car before it hits any unaware streetcrossers.
I wanted to have the irony of having a rehabilitation dog in need of rehab ^_^

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

That is ironic.
I think he can be a great fire dog. Even though he isn't a dalmatian.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Cool.
So, is he accepted?

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, He's accepted.
We could change the burger joint into the coffee shop.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Awesome ^_^
And, thanks for letting me keep him.

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

No problem.
Oh, I almost forgot.
My ani-droid, Rosie, is a dog. Not sure what breed she's supposed to resemble.
But, I think I'll make kurowolfe's cheat sheet official, or at least, listed in the topic.
Nice job!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So, for those of you who actually care about other stuff, I just added a new entry to my fan fiction Project Gone Rogue
Those of you who say your not supposed to advertise on here, blah blah.
Well, I just wanted to say, if you guys have other stuff on here. Fan fics, other forum topics, ect.
I would like to know about them. Either put a link and an explanation on here, or send me a message.
Just wanted to let ya'll know.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hey, Mrneon? Is everyone effected by the lack of gravity or is it just something wrong with Orion?

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion hit a spot with low gravity.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Just wanted to point out that I edited my first post in order to change the starting location of my character.
If that's okay with Neon >_<

Ref Ref!