My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JohnWillow

Re: My Little Pony

Post by JohnWillow »

Sleet wrote:Guys you're making me tolerate Gilda. Stop. D:

Also, I oppose Flash Sentry being involved in the show. I mean, why would they go out of their way to write a character in that was just part of a spinoff? Why not just make a new character that actually fits the show's needs? I'm fine with him as a background pony in Canterlot. But that's it.
Can't say I blame you. Flash has all the character of a softly sung pop song. I found Equestria Girls hard to watch, but I won't roll out the dirty tablecloth on all the ups and downs, the only thing that bothers me enough to mention it is that Twilight (the pony) was crushing on Flash (the human) and through the whole movie this was never an issue.

Buttons adventures was high-larious
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

JohnWillow wrote:Twilight (the pony) was crushing on Flash (the human) and through the whole movie this was never an issue.
Hey, it worked on King and Bailey...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

JohnWillow wrote:Twilight (the pony) was crushing on Flash (the human) and through the whole movie this was never an issue.
I'd like to think it's because Twilight knows he had his pony equivalent somewhere in her world.

It's not like she was falling in love with his looks, it was his personality. We know that personalities don't really differ from one side of the mirror to the other, and I'm sure Twilight knew that too.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

JohnWillow wrote: I found Equestria Girls hard to watch, but I won't roll out the dirty tablecloth on all the ups and downs, the only thing that bothers me enough to mention it is that Twilight (the pony) was crushing on Flash (the human) and through the whole movie this was never an issue.
I can give you the likely in canon reason for it not being a problem, they live in a world where there are a bunch of extremely different sapient creatures (Griffons,Zebras,Ponies (of four types even),Deer,Buffalo, ect.) that live together, its likely something that happens regularly and not really thought of much.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

every now and then there's a PMV that I just love so much
here's one
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

IceKitsune wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:Get ready to see something so sweet it will make your teeth hurt! I found this on tumblr!

Yeah I saw the non split up version of that its really adorable.
Could you post a link to that? I would love to see the complete version.
Sleet wrote:Guys you're making me tolerate Gilda. Stop. D:
Why not? They gave Trixie a second chance after all. Its because she made Fluttershy cry, right?
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:every now and then there's a PMV that I just love so much
here's one
I can't stop watching it!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Its because she made Fluttershy cry, right?
Yeah pretty much.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Just read the CMC Micro. It was really adorable the art style was great would like to see that style done again. Imp the mimicker was really cool and I would really like to see their race show up in the show, or at least the comic again. Other then that its kind of your standard CMC fare, with all the adorableness included. Though I do believe this is the first time the CMC have written a letter to Celestia.

Edit:
Bat Pony Origins Well they are Luna's Guard and they come from the Caves deep inside the mountains (Caternlot's and others I would assume) and they are a separate race from any of the other pony races

Edit 2: for those that wanted a link to the unchopped up version of the Spike&Gilda gif
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Get ready to see something so sweet it will make your teeth hurt! I found this on tumblr!

Hm. That's the second time I've seen a dragon and Gilda kissing in the past couple of weeks.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:Just read the CMC Micro. It was really adorable the art style was great would like to see that style done again. Imp the mimicker was really cool and I would really like to see their race show up in the show, or at least the comic again. Other then that its kind of your standard CMC fare, with all the adorableness included. Though I do believe this is the first time the CMC have written a letter to Celestia.

Edit:
Bat Pony Origins Well they are Luna's Guard and they come from the Caves deep inside the mountains (Caternlot's and others I would assume) and they are a separate race from any of the other pony races

Edit 2: for those that wanted a link to the unchopped up version of the Spike&Gilda gif
I think that bat pony thing is really neat. I hope this inspires some quality fan fiction.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I really liked the CMC micro comic. I like how the comic writes those three in general! Though they slightly exaggerate the cutie mark obsession.
Radio Blue Heart

I agree. The CMC mirco comic was very well done. The art and the writing were superb.

And I found this very funny!
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hah. The second panel is too blunt though. I'd have preferred something along the lines of "But... we're ponies."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Another explanation of the card game beta rules and some full games played Looks pretty fun still watching the first game when I posted this.

Also I agree with Sleet the joke would have worked better if it was more subtle, still funny though.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I agree. The CMC mirco comic was very well done. The art and the writing were superb.

And I found this very funny!
Heh. Diamond Tiara, are there no limits to your wickedness.
IceKitsune wrote:Another explanation of the <span class="adtext" id="adtext_4">card game</span> beta rules and some full games played Looks pretty fun still watching the first game when I posted this.

Also I agree with Sleet the joke would have worked better if it was more subtle, still funny though.
:( Theres a my little pony card game!

Sorry if what i wrote earlier was a bit striking, you're right, there is the likelihood she knew there was a pony equivalent and spike is in love with both versions of rarity but it just seemed a bit Dreamworks to me. Imagine if we soon saw an alicorn-human half breed joining the mane six.

After much hesitance I've finally bought the first volume of MLP comics off amazon. Thought i'm comfortable as a brony its hard for me to walk into a comic shop and pick up mlp comics. Yesterday my brother delivered pizza to a man wearing a power puff girls shirt so perhaps times are changing.

Is there anyone here who makes their own animations, music vids etc based off mlp? All i'm doing at the moment are fandubs but I'm working on a song based on Button Mash

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

oh hey look, official fully humanized ponies not that weird, fur colored skin type of human. Twilight's not black, and Rarity's Asian. take that, fandom headcanons

(of course, headcanon AU's have limitless possibilities, so the others are equally valid)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:oh hey look, official fully humanized ponies not that weird, fur colored skin type of human. Twilight's not black, and Rarity's Asian. take that, fandom headcanons
Welp here comes massive butthurt from all sides. You know sometimes I wonder if the Transformers fandom has these levels of problems when Hasbro does something with it. Seriously does the adult fans in the Transformers fandom flip out everytime Hasbro does something in the shows or just about anything for that matter like this fandom does? (I know they did with the Live Action Movies; but those were really really bad so that doesn't count)
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i'm so mixed on how to feel about official live action humanized ponies
i mean it's just confusing is all
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I'm just going to ignore them, based entirely on how terrible a job Hasbro or whoever did actually making them resemble the Mane 6. I mean seriously, at least half of them don't even have the right hair color.

So anyways, anyone here gonna participate in National Pony Writing Month?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm still gonna see "human" Twilight as black, but I think I like Asian Rarity. I'm not sure that video exactly qualifies as canon.

And as a non-writer, I'm not!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Watching "The Stare Master" and suddenly struck by a random thought. Would a crystal pony turn to stone by a cockatrice?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:oh hey look, official fully humanized ponies not that weird, fur colored skin type of human. Twilight's not black, and Rarity's Asian. take that, fandom headcanons
I... I'm so confused as to what the purpose of that was. It was... just... *Stops thinking about it*
Penwrite wrote:So anyways, anyone here gonna participate in National Pony Writing Month?
That's a thing? When is it and what's the goal for it?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:at least half of them don't even have the right hair color.
some of that's just to give them more realistic looking hair. Pinkie's hair has pink highlights instead of being completely pink, for example.

but yeah, it's totally non canon, and yes, I have no idea why it's a thing. but a guy I follow on Youtube has already put the video to Starships by Nikki Minaj, Party Rock Anthem, and a mashup of Friday and NWA's song about disrespecting the police. meme
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

This afternoon bronies of glasgow, they are really great people, although one drew very dark drawings of pinkie pie, there was even a girl who makes plushies to raise money for autism. Got to try the card game too, it's more complicated than I ever thought it'd be. Found out there's a Pony Creator too. Say hello to Barnstorm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Today I watched an episode from each season: The Stare Master, Family Appreciation Day, and Sleepless in Ponyville. It was interesting to see how the show developed over time, how the animation became more refined and the stories matured. It's difficult for me to put the differences into words.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Penwrite wrote:Today I watched an episode from each season: The Stare Master, Family Appreciation Day, and Sleepless in Ponyville. It was interesting to see how the show developed over time, how the animation became more refined and the stories matured. It's difficult for me to put the differences into words.
Yeah watching it back to back really shows how far its come since the beginning. Really, I always thought that marathoning a show back to back is the best way to get a sense of how it evolved over time and how different writers handle things.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So, last night I finally managed to watch Equestria Girls. Overall, I thought it was really good... except for Mr. Token Love Interest. Every scene Mr. Token Love Interest appeared in I cringed. I have never before seen any token love interest be so token as he was.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I watched MLP on Saturday to see what all the fuss was about.
The result: I hate you all, I've been seduced by the power of the ponies à¬á(that was supposed to be a joke. Don't yell at me.).
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You should watch all three seasons!
Radio Blue Heart

TinFoilHats wrote:I watched MLP on Saturday to see what all the fuss was about.
The result: I hate you all, I've been seduced by the power of the ponies à¬á(that was supposed to be a joke. Don't yell at me.).
One of us! One of us!

Has anyone read the second half of Big Mac's solo story? It was hilarious! I especially loved Fleetfoot following him through the carnival. And, the rock 'n' roll reference if they had become a couple! "Fleetfoot Mac"!
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
TinFoilHats wrote:I watched MLP on Saturday to see what all the fuss was about.
One of us! One of us!

Has anyone read the second half of Big Mac's solo story? It was hilarious! I especially loved Fleetfoot following him through the carnival. And, the rock 'n' roll reference if they had become a couple! "Fleetfoot Mac"!
Yeah that was really good I liked the interaction between Zecora and Big Mac (my two favorite secondary ponies) All the stuff in the background really makes these two issues for me. Can't wait to see what they do with the next issues.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Would anyone here work on the next MLP generation if given the chance and as much freedom as Faust's team got for G4? I know I would.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

If I ever get into working on cartoons or voice acting*, I would definitely take the chance to work on the Generation 5 or maybe even 6 MLP. The simple fact that it's as big as it is now will definitely help out gen 5 at the least, so who knows?

*I probably won't get into this stuff though.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah, I'd work on it if I were in a field that would allow me to do so
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I wouldn't because I trust I wouldn't be able to do it justice. I'm not a professional.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

No.
Radio Blue Heart

Checking the credits, Flash Sentry has the same voice actor as Prince Blueblood. Maybe you all hate him on a subconscious level. :lol:

I don't even want to think of another generation. This one is pitch perfect. If they ever decide to end it, it will be a sad day indeed.
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Who here went to this year's Bronycon? I'm currently in a narrative journalism class, where I have to write one narrative non-fiction essay. That's basically where I write an essay but utilize tools commonly found in a story, a narrative. I want to write about the success of Bronycon. Is anyone willing to give a little bit of their experience at Bronycon? The stuff you saw, the things you did?
Zander

Post by Zander »

Wow. My last post is now almost 2 years old. That's insane.
Anyway, I just wanted to come back for a day or two and say last apologies, thank you guys and maybe chat a little bit. I've migrated over to the MLP fandom almost exclusively now. Yeah I know, jump on the bandwagon. Then I realized none of my current success would have been anywhere near possible without all of you amazing people helping me along and pushing me in the right direction. Mainly Rick, for inspiring me to begin art in the first place, and providing a stable universe for me to dabble in while I learned various aspects of art. Secondly, the forum in general. As far as I can tell by reading some of my old posts, I was a pretty huge brat. I'd like to thank you all for encouraging me rather than putting me down for my behavior. Though your response to my behavior didn't teach me many valuable lessons in courtesy, it also didn't discourage me from frequent attempts at art.
Next, I'd like to say sorry to a few people. First, Kyderra. Man, when I was on here I was always so jealous of you, everything I attempted you seemed to do 10 times as amazing and twice as fast. I've read some of my old comments towards you and I really wish I could take most of them back, and I just wanted to take the time to say I'm sorry. Also, I'd like to apologize to pet friendly for all of my terrible neighborhoods and my terrible characters. (No seriously, what was I thinking?) It was obvious I never put much thought into the characters, or even the neighborhoods for that matter, and I'd like to say sorry for that. I'm glad you guys went along with it in the long run and didn't just push me down.

I think that's all for now, as a status update on what I'm doing right now, I go by the name DILeak on deviantart, and I'm the head animator of DILeak studios. It seems like only yesterday I was trying to make a Housepets! animation. Our most recent video is Sunrise Surprise.

Posted this in the MLP thread because making a new thread just for this is egotistical and useless. Plus links to mlp stuff would be frowned upon.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Glad to hear you've got fans, Zander! Just don't let yourself be too one-tracked. Variety is the spice of life! Don't be a stranger now~