Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

kurowolfe

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by kurowolfe »

To whomever it may concern, the full game of Touhou 14 is out, though no full English translations yet. Really fun, and we get another pair of instruments-playing sisters, as well as a werewolf, a chibi princess and a drummer in a scientist getup.

Heh.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

snakebug wrote:I have not played pokemon in so long... So, did they have anything new for the legendaries?
What do you mean "anything new?"
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
snakebug

Post by snakebug »

Well, I saw something about Mega Evolutions... Not sure if any of the legendaries will get those... Like Kyogre or Groudon for example.

S
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

https://www.humblebundle.com/?originbundle Really really cool move by EA. Woah. (all the money goes towards charity/humble bundle team.)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

snakebug wrote:I have not played pokemon in so long... So, did they have anything new for the legendaries?
Neither have I, when did you stop? I have only finished Blue before, and got to the second gym in Silver before stopping and getting rid of both games
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
snakebug

Post by snakebug »

I finished when black and white came out. I just didn't like the new ones for some reason... I only liked reshiram and Zekrom.
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

The only Pokemon game that I have ever finished was FireRed. And technically... I don't think I really finished it since I stopped playing right around when I beat the Elite Four.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I count beating the Elite Four as "finishing," myself.
snakebug wrote:Well, I saw something about Mega Evolutions... Not sure if any of the legendaries will get those... Like Kyogre or Groudon for example.

S
Not all legendary Pokémon got mega evolutions. It's just a select number of Pokémon, including non-legendary ones.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

Magikarp needs a mega evolution

On another note, I have decided to give X and Y a chance and will borrow Y from a buddy of mine, so hey, who knows,might love it.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hey guys, I've been pondering, what's the usual range of price for a 3DS and a game title in the US, respectively?

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Browsing the Wal-Mart Web site, a normal 3DS costs $169.96 and a 3DS XL costs $199.96. Games vary, but $30 seems average.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I see, seems like the handheld consoles are much more expensive here then. A new 3DS from a reputable local supplier can go around RM700 (about $225) and a 3DS XL usually goes around RM800 (about $250).

*sigh* Man, I hate foreign exchange rates. That's twice my monthly allowance, and I'm not allowed to work until I graduate. And imagine paying $130 for each game title, that's how it feels around here. I'd be starving to be a gamer xD

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What about games bought from the online store?'
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Wow, really? Over here a 3DS XL costs £150 or so (circa $320) and games cost £4.99 as older download titles and £40 as a cartridge game.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

An Australian friend prefers to buy his electronic goods from American or Canadian Web sites and have them shipped, as the cost with shipping is still less for most items than he'd pay locally.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Amnesia: A machine for pigs(sequel, sort of to Amnesia: The Dark Descent) Is now available for prepurchase on steam, GoG, desura etc! release date sept. 10
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think i'm just about exhausted all my energy into MOBA games lately. @_@

Next on my list? Nothing at all so far. I'm at the point where I'll play anything if anyone asks. I think now I'm perfectly satisfied that I played every game I loved since growing up and am about to decide on something completely different. Like nitpicking and writing stories about them =3 *Goes into a rant about how awesome Super Nintendo games are*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sleet wrote:What about games bought from the online store?'
I was quoting prices from several local online stores, which tend to be cheaper than eBay or Amazon. The physical stores, well.... it depends on your luck and whether you know where to get the best deals.
Dissension wrote:An Australian friend prefers to buy his electronic goods from American or Canadian Web sites and have them shipped, as the cost with shipping is still less for most items than he'd pay locally.
I presume it's because delivery costs from the Western Hemisphere to the Eastern Hemisphere tend to be cheaper than the other way around. Hmm... maybe I'll give it a shot, when the chance comes. I'm a little apprehensive of playing pirated games ever since I bought some original titles.

... Come to think of it, why did I focus on Nintendo? I just realized I know a lot more titles for the Playstation consoles, and besides from the Pokemon series and a handful of other games, I don't exactly know and like most of the titles available for Nintendo. Scratch my original plans, I'm aiming for a PSVita first.

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

is no one excited for the new amnesia game?:x dangit!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I am! Not to play it. Just to watch my friend play it. :P
kurowolfe wrote:I was quoting prices from several local online stores, which tend to be cheaper than eBay or Amazon. The physical stores, well.... it depends on your luck and whether you know where to get the best deals.
I mean doesn't the 3DS let you download games?
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Tiggy wrote:is no one excited for the new amnesia game?:x dangit!
That's a big yes for me. Steam has it on pre order for $16bucks! And they're only gona charge $20 regularly, which is really cheap. I thought they would have charged at least $30. It's gona be epic.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Yeah, hopefully! I don't think it'll flop, many others do though considering Frictional took in TheChineseRoom(they made Dear Esther) to work on it mainly instead of just them, but I'm fairly sure that it'll be good.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Tiggy wrote:Yeah, hopefully! I don't think it'll flop, many others do though considering Frictional took in TheChineseRoom(they made Dear Esther) to work on it mainly instead of just them, but I'm fairly sure that it'll be good.

Hmm did not no that. Now you got me worrying a little =P. I'm sure it's gona be good either way. If the story is crap, the custom stories will make up for that. Both the trailers and screen shots look amazing. I just hope my stock integrated radeon graphics card will hold up. I'll upgrade one day...

Sleet wrote:I am! Not to play it. Just to watch my friend play it. :P

*English Accent* Afraid of the dark are we? :mrgreen: * Runs away in terror*. If you want the true meaning of a scary horror game, play Vanish. It's a free to play and if you've ever seen the youtuber markiplierk, He Hate's It! Epic indie game.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not afraid of the dark, I just like watching my friends play scary games.

I'll admit I was pretty terrified when my friends and I played Slender together in a dark basement.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I can't stand the horror and thriller genres in any sort of media, gaming included, so yeah.

Ironically, one of the first Playstation games I saw at the store when I was 7 was Resident Evil (I think), and I was both enthralled and terrified at the zombies going at the player.

Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I played that when I was five, probably not the best choice given I was terrified but for some reason I didn't stop. Still I got to the first Licker boss fight so I can't be bad at it can I?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

Tiggy wrote:is no one excited for the new amnesia game?:x dangit!
I don't really enjoy playing games like that anymore, to be honest. Although, I do enjoy watching others play it. I guess I just kind of got tired of the whole scaring myself thing. lol.

On another note, my friend gifted me FF7 on Steam and I've been playing it for quite some time. It seems to be a good game, but I don't understand all the hype about how "ITS THE BEST GAME EVER."
Is that some sort of like running gag on the internet? Or is that really how a lot of people feel. Not to step on anyones toes about it, but I really am just curious. I think its a fun game with a good plot, but I wouldnt go so far as to say the best game.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's dated, that's for sure. Imagine playing it at the time. It must have been pretty groundbreaking as far as RPGs go.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Just Cause 2 is 80% off on Steam. I think everyone ever should buy it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Why?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Just 'cause. ... *shot*

Ehem, anyway, another Pokemon-related news. The latest trailers for the Pokemon X and Y games reveals that there might be a Pokemon fighting game, similar to Street Fighter and Tekken, for the Wii U in the future. The names "Pokken Fighter" and another one I can't remember had been trademarked by Nintendo. The short clip shows both Blaziken and Lucario in a battle ready stance in a modern city settings.

Aarden

Post by Aarden »

Another Pokemon game, Pokemon Generations. http://www.indiedb.com/games/pokemon-generations
Can be downloaded to play at the moment like a little beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik1qy1H2c30
"It's 3D Pokémon with real time battles. Who hasn't been waiting for something this amazing?"
The Grey Wolverine

Sleet wrote:It's dated, that's for sure. Imagine playing it at the time. It must have been pretty groundbreaking as far as RPGs go.
Oh no doubt it was revolutionary, did you see those at the time groundbreaking graphics? I will save my bile for the time :I

In RTS news, Wargames Air Lands Battle is $20, not my cup of tea, but maybe it is one of yours
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The Steam version is weird because the 3D models are all HD but the environments are all pixely.
kurowolfe wrote:Ehem, anyway, another Pokemon-related news. The latest trailers for the Pokemon X and Y games reveals that there might be a Pokemon fighting game, similar to Street Fighter and Tekken, for the Wii U in the future. The names "Pokken Fighter" and another one I can't remember had been trademarked by Nintendo. The short clip shows both Blaziken and Lucario in a battle ready stance in a modern city settings.
Could be interesting, but does that mean fewer Pokémon in SSB? D:
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

About to buy Dust an Elysian Tail on steam. Should be pretty rad.
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

Tatsuo wrote:About to buy Dust an Elysian Tail on steam. Should be pretty rad.
Bought it a while ago. I loved it. Still need to go back and 100% the entire game. =P I definitely reccommend this game to pretty much everyone.
Dexy

Post by Dexy »

Tatsuo wrote:About to buy Dust an Elysian Tail on steam. Should be pretty rad.
I found it pretty fun. Though I did find some of the voice acting kind of iffy, I found the actual game play very enjoyable. I definitely needed a controller for it though, for some reason I find tapping rapidly on my laptop keys starts to hurt my fingers after a while.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Yeah after playing this game for about four hours, I'd also recommend to anyone. It's pretty cool.

Dexy wrote:I found it pretty fun. Though I did find some of the voice acting kind of iffy, I found the actual game play very enjoyable. I definitely needed a controller for it though, for some reason I find tapping rapidly on my laptop keys starts to hurt my fingers after a while.

Yeah I hear ya on the voicing part, still though not half bad considering one guy made it. As for a controller, I'm using a xbox 360 controller and it's doing well. Very simple button lay out which is a good thing.
Last edited by Tatsuo on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's a great game, though it's a bit rough around the edges, such as the voice acting. Totally worth it though.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!