PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:Well, here goes nothing!
Yes. He is fine.
1) You can keep up with the posting rate.
2) I see you on IRC. Ok.

I'm really in favor of cutting off here and saying that everyone should wait, because 6 people at once is extreme, and we're going to get close to 20 players now.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:Well, here goes nothing!
Yes. He is fine.
1) You can keep up with the posting rate.
2) I see you on IRC. Ok.

I'm really in favor of cutting off here and saying that everyone should wait, because 6 people at once is extreme, and we're going to get close to 20 players now.
I approve of DarkHearts Character (I'm assuming you want us to do this still)
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Auzzo wrote:Flake woke up in the Evening while his Father was watching CBS, "The Docter also told me that your left paw has been sprained since yesterday. You know anything about this?" Flake pondered and realized He sprained it when he went into the forest with the other 3 pets. He must've sprained it when he climbed the Fence. "Nope." He didn't tell the truth and went to sketch in his room.
It's evening already?
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

thrasherblades wrote:
Auzzo wrote:Flake woke up in the Evening while his Father was watching CBS, "The Docter also told me that your left paw has been sprained since yesterday. You know anything about this?" Flake pondered and realized He sprained it when he went into the forest with the other 3 pets. He must've sprained it when he climbed the Fence. "Nope." He didn't tell the truth and went to sketch in his room.
It's evening already?
Yeah... um... if Rikki is around, it's after 12:00. It's like 5:00PM in the RP right now.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Added the wolf cub to my signature, please do not mistake Wolfie as his name. He has no name, wolfie is simply their because it's better then putting NoName or N/A :3 so yea just wanted to make sure everyone understand...that's not his name.
Zander

Post by Zander »

<GUEST CHARACTER>

-Name-
Felix Gray

-Species-
Cat.

-Age-
18 ( 5.15 human years)

-Neighborhood-
Brookshire Meadows.

-Appearance-
Light grey, except for his paws, Feet, and head-fur is Blue. he has a orange collar, with red stripes. and a tag that looks like an arrow head. his eyes are bright yellow

-Personality-
Overall, nice. Loving and caring for the person he loves, will always be there for them. And is VERY protective of them.

-Other Notes-
Live in Oklahoma were Joy used to live, was Joy's Boyfriend until she moved to Brookshire.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 7

Perception- 5

Endurance- 7

Charisma- 6

Intelligence- 5

Agility- 7

Luck- 5
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Neko wrote:Added the wolf cub to my signature, please do not mistake Wolfie as his name. He has no name, wolfie is simply their because it's better then putting NoName or N/A :3 so yea just wanted to make sure everyone understand...that's not his name.
I have a friend, and her nickname is Wolfie lol.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

I'll be back later guys. If Zander posts, sorry I'll be late.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

All right guys, I gotta run. Take care.
Anthroguy101

Re: Here are the full and up-to-date stats

Post by Anthroguy101 »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Ok... There's alot of people trying to join, right after we let in JOFOXX and CY in, so we may have to figure out a way to slow the join-rate down...
Anthroguy101 wrote:What do I do now?
Familiarize yourself with content of the first OOC post, read a bit of BsM's current posts to get a feel, wait for people from the RP to come and ask questions.
I have some to start.
1) Can you keep up with the posting rate? I don't see you on every day.
2) Can you get on our IRC? Alot of things get worked out on there.
3) Someone may have already brought this up to you, but you know that the reason the Ferrets are good characters is because they have enough money to eliminate all problems, yet are far too silly to be helpful at all. I'm a little worried that Henry might be able to just make problems go away, which would kind of kill alot of story... He also seems to have the same sort of thing that Rikki and Venison have going on, where he's like a human adult who is firmly against the status quo. However, Venison and Rikki are completely restrained by the fact that Venison is a stray and Rikki is pretty much a wild animal. I'm not really sure how this is going to play into the things that happen in BsM. We're alot less dark than RV, with a high level of Pets-As-People instead of Pets-as-Animals, but we have had some darker, more dramatic stuff appear. I don't really have a question about this, I just thought I should bring it up. Perhaps you have thoughts on it?
1) I'm a bit concerned about that. I do other things on the Internet and IRL, and it's not like I can devote my entire life to this. I also have some vacationing this summer that will lead to my character not being available.
2)How do I do that?
3)Maybe we can just stick with him running a store and then go from there.
Neko

Re: Here are the full and up-to-date stats

Post by Neko »

Anthroguy101 wrote: 1) I'm a bit concerned about that. I do other things on the Internet and IRL, and it's not like I can devote my entire life to this. I also have some vacationing this summer that will lead to my character not being available.
2)How do I do that?
3)Maybe we can just stick with him running a store and then go from there.
For IRC: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... ?f=3&t=155
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

heh, hate to be a bother, but i still need a color...

Edit... i'm supposed to choose it, aren't I? how about this one? #FF4040
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Hey guys, I have a pretty big post her and would like to request that those at the cncert please hold off on posting any major plot changes, such as Jacob going on stage or everybody leaving. Please please please, it will be DRAMATIC!!
Zander

Post by Zander »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Hey guys, I have a pretty big post her and would like to request that those at the cncert please hold off on posting any major plot changes, such as Jacob going on stage or everybody leaving. Please please please, it will be DRAMATIC!!

I feel something bad is going to happen...

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Zander wrote:
FunkyChickenFace wrote:Hey guys, I have a pretty big post her and would like to request that those at the cncert please hold off on posting any major plot changes, such as Jacob going on stage or everybody leaving. Please please please, it will be DRAMATIC!!

*doesn't understand what Frank might do* <_<
Zander

Post by Zander »

Neko wrote:
Zander wrote:

*doesn't understand what Frank might do* <_<
*Frank swoops down from the roof using the curtains and picks enya up, in the meantimew fighting off mutant ninjas which were invading the stadium, when suddenly iron man shows up- Joy goes all freakout and pulls out 2 smg's out of her collar, and screems rambo and runs out the door,
shep girl screams, enya falls off stage and the whole place catches on fire

thee. most. dramatic. arc. ever

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

...... O_O

*slowly backs away from Zander*
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

... o.o ... *goes behind Neko*

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Zander wins the Trophy of Win from the Ketchup women from Venus, which makes them hot, sweet, and tangy!!
Neko

Post by Neko »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Zander wins the Trophy of Win from the Ketchup women from Venus, which makes them hot, sweet, and tangy!!
*wonders why frank isn't posting* <_<

No but really when are you gonna get on irc? :D
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Everyone who wants to join read this.
There are alot of people who suddenly want in. I need to cut this down, so I may tell someone to wait, or reject them all together for the simple reason that they cannot keep up with our posting rate or can't get on IRC. (That means Antrhoguy is out, as much as I'd like to see how his character would integrate.)
Everyone who can post multiple times a day AND can get on IRC, give me a color and character, and I will tell you who can get in as I want them to join. (This is gonna be voted on over IRC.)

No need to vote them in a second time, by the way, I just need to see them lined up.

Topic about IRC

Also, everyone who CAN'T Keep up: Anthroguy has started Oasis Towers, which will have a slower posting rate.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Resubmitting... (all together now) ?

Color is #FF8000
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Dark Hearts can join now.
As talked about on IRC, Buckdida can get Trinket in on the next morning.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

We have a Table of Contents now... >!>;;
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok, I think I'm gonna introduce this character next morning.
Name - Peter-Rabbit
Species - Cat
Age - 17 (5 in human years)
Gender - Male
Neighborhood - Brookshire Meadows
Appearance - Fluffy brown cat with black markings.
Personality - Friendly enough, and very loyal to his family, especially their child, Timothy, who he sees as a little brother to watch after
Other Notes - None Yet. You'll see...
SPECIAL - Str = 6; Per = 6; End = 6; Cha = 6; Int = 6; Agl = 6; Luk = 6;
Thoughts?
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Attention All!
The Main OOC has been amended to include the rules proposed...and then some! Re-read the entire OOC again when you have time, and let me know if there are any inaccuracies for things such as the current neighborhood GM's or the descriptions! Thank you, and enjoy your newfound ability to stretch the limitations of your neighborhood!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or complaints about the changes (though I will not change the "RP Rules" section in the interest of ensuring nobody breaks any forum rules or angers any other players) then go ahead and post them here.

I'll be posting a similar notice in each of the other OOC's to ensure that everyone sees this. I will delete said notices later.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
DarkHeartsAndSuch

I'm sure I said this on the irc, but I left Kytes on by the side of the road for a reason; I don't force my characters into situations in RPs, I have them do actions that force situations onto them. Situations I often can't control, (meaning somebody else started it). That, and I knew I'd be busy today and wouldn't want to keep people waiting...

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hey Buck, I already put out a notice.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I changed my mind, this character is much more interesting. I'll introduce the other one later.
Name: Sid Cooper (Originally named Cyclops)
Species: Cat
Neighborhood: Brookshire Meadows
Appearance: Black cat with a white chin, belly, and tail-marking. The fur on the top of his head is spiked, as much as it can be so. He has a few rings in his left ear and wears a collar with metal-spikes. He likes to wear a leather jacket with the Troll-Face ('>:|') stenciled on.
Most importantly, he always wears a pair of dark sunglasses, which have large lenses which completely cover his eyes. He never takes them off, even at night and inside.
( PICTURE )
Personality: Whatever you've got, Sid hates it. Period. Really, he tends to be a bully to other pets, and has trouble making friends because of this tendency. When he warms up to someone though, he tries to be a good friend, even if he's not very successful. He tends to spew a stream of hateful or demented obscenity, and likes to shout extreme political opinions to get a rise.
The truth is, Sid has always wanted to be a good pet, but has never been able to, no matter how hard he tries. He's been with 3 different families before: all of them didn't want him after a few months. When he found out the 3rd one was going to send him back to the shelter again, he ran away. He met John Cooper at a punk-rock vanue where they were both regulars, who adopted him shortly after he was caught by animal control. He's been angered and hardened by his life.
Other Notes: Sid is named after suicidal Punk-Rock-Star Sid Vicious. Sid plays in a band with his dad and his roommates, who are all in college. He is extremely dependent on his sunglasses, and gets extremely emotional when he thinks they might get taken off.
SPECIAL:
Str - 7
Per - 4 (worse in low light)
End - 6
Cha - 6
Int - 6
Agl - 7
Luk - 4
See? We need to see moar Bad Pets! This guy's more like Bino than any likable character
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hey Buck, I already put out a notice.
I mean those proposed rules are now official, added to the first post in the Main OOC which outlines the entire rules for the RP. That's very different.

Those rules have now added, with far more detail. In addition, new things have been added to the "RP Rules" section that EVERYONE should read. This is why I said, "Re-read the entire thing." Also, I need to know if the descriptions, tags, GM's etc for each neighborhood is correct. So, yeah, not quite a redundant announcement.

Go read it everyone!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Atari

Post by Atari »

(Before I post what color I'll use for this [if there are any more], I'll wait for RockstarRaccoon [and others, if required] to approve) (After editing it to be what i intended his personality to be, here's the character sheet) :
This style will be used (if possible)
Name: Arro Terrae (Main)
Species: Dog
Neighborhood: Brookshire Meadows

Appearance: Arro is half orange-red and half white, with the orange-red covering his back,
tail, and head; the white covering his stomach and connecting to his chin and on all four
paws. He has a green collar (same as his eyes), with a tag resembling a computer cursor. His
ears almost resemble that of a red fox: pointed ears with black at the tip of them.

Personality: Arro can appear to be very shy at first out of fear, but can very quickly lose the shy appearance, even just by being introduced. He likes to use technology, whether or not he can use it correctly, often just going out and using something without not knowing how it works. He is not into athletics, but can run quickly, for a far distance. He is often sarcastic (unless it doesn't fit). He can quickly memorize something, but will often forget it in about a week unless he studies it. He isn't much of a fan of books, although if he's somehow "trapped" into reading a book, he can easily find a liking to it, and even then might not continue on until he thinks of it again, like with many things he does.

Other Notes:
Arro was adopted from another family who his "step parents" knew for a long
time, who couldn't keep taking care of him due to their own problems. He thinks of the two
who adopted him as step parents (although calling them "mom" and "dad" anyway).

SPECIAL:

S - 2
P - 8
E - 7
C - 5
I - 5
A - 9
L - 6
Last edited by Atari on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Atari wrote:(Before I post what color I'll use for this [if there are any more], I'll wait for RockstarRaccoon [and others, if required] to approve)
Well, I warned you of the major drawbacks in the character, and why I think it's a bad idea, but go ahead. I can't really stop you.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( I think I should point out here that if Rocky physically attacks Kytes (or anyone) at this point in time, he's likely to go straight to the pound, and then his legal owners, (this would flip us into the kind of scenario that is more common in RV) unless we pull out some wild plot-twist or deus-ex-machina. ))
i have a plan, but i need to see what Jofoxx is going to have Ian do first...

RP Characters
Zander

Post by Zander »

I cant believe you thought Rocky would attack someone :o
For Rocky to hurt anyone, that person would have had to physical hurt Rocky. He's just showing that he (very) dislakes Kytes Attitude :P

Sorry anyway :/

-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I was just making sure you guys realized that, just in case it came up.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I'm loving this character...

BAM! Now THAT'S a POST!
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Zander wrote:"I- err. my moms friend has a cat and.... i- im afraid you two... wont get along." They approached her house. Joy jumped up onto the porch and took a deep breath as she walked up to the door. she closed her eyes as she reached for the handle. She opened the door and saw no one. she breathed a sigh of relief.
She took one step into the house and was instantly greeted By Felix with a bouquet of flowers.
She was surprised that he would be waiting for her. He leaned in and faster than you could blink his lips were touching hers. At the same time he wrapped his arms around her. in a hug.
He stopped and looked at her eyes with his. Joy wasn't expecting that...
Before anyone could even blink a second time he said. "Oh my God ive been waiting for you for so long. Come on i have to show you my moms new phone." and ran off toward the kitchen.
You can smell the drama.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Smells like lemons.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Alright I gtg gtg gtg!

Cya all!

DrPrower! High five!
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

High Five! We made it through the arc!