Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"It's ok, I didn't mean it that way, I just... I keep hearing about them and all the things they do and I've never even seen them. Don't worry Kyra, I have nothing against them." He put his arm over her shoulder and snugged her.
He let go and started walking. "So what do you mean they haven't had you for a whole year, where were you before that?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Zander

Post by Zander »

"Sounds fun.... But what are roller-blades? they sound dangerous." Rocky gave a confused look that temporarily hid his eager-to-get-a-bed face.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Roller blades are like the most fun things ever!"

"Yea, ha ha. Roller blades are pretty much wheels on shoes. Follow me inside and I'll get my pair." Cale started for the front door.

"Oh wait, I forgot I had ridden them to your house." Sam opened the van and went to the back where she had left her roller blades. She got out and expertly put them on. She began to ride around Cale's driveway. "See, these are roller blades!"

Cale turned to Rocky, "Do you want to try it?"
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Atari

Post by Atari »

"Before here? I remember that I was brought to a vet, forget why by this point, something broke, though, and I lived in their apartment until the landlord tried evicting us, because she was allergic. So, before she tried, we said we were leaving, and with the extra money my parents had, we decided to buy a house here. Seems odd, since it appears it's hard to get money, but they had a vacation fund, which was never used anyway, and was enough to pay off enough of the house until they could get enough money." She often wasn't as relenting to say so much about herself except to family, but then again, Rikki was starting to feel like an older brother to her. Brother... that she... didn't see for a while? Blip! The little walkie-talkie on her collar sprung back to life with a couple beeps, and a light (that she couldn't see except upside-down) said "¡dləɥ pəəu noʎ ɟı dəəq ˙spuəıɹɟ ɥʇıʍ noʎ ʍɐs əʍ ʇnq 'ʇno ʇuəʍ lɐuƃıs sdƃ" ("GPS signal went out, but we saw you with friends. Beep if you need help!"). "Well then, they're gone. I hope they aren't assuming I can get a ride, in the case that I can't, heh."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Don't worry, I'm sure Jack will give you a ride, he's already taking Zeke." He ruffled Kyra's head, something about her had always intrigued him, and he didn't know why, but he liked it. "Speaking of Jack, let' go find him, I think I know where he is." he turned and started walking to the side of the mall they'd parked the car on. "So, Kyra, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? You don't seem fully grown yet..." he turned his head back momentarily to ask, walking close to her.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Atari

Post by Atari »

"Well, 4, but the vet said I was '14' in 'dog years', which I can only assume means I'd be 14 if I was a human. I dunno how it works, though, in those cases, I figure it doesn't change anything about me." She looked at herself, trying to see where you could tell she wasn't "fully grown". She looked normal to her, maybe it was because she was her? She gave up, and looked at her video game. She forgot nearly all of the controls, maybe she'd remember when she started playing...
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Once Flake got to the Vet, He got strapped to the Chair with 2 Long Chains until it was his turn, "Flake's turn." A Nurse had 2 long needles that was long as Flake's body. Immediately, Flake fainted from looking at the needles, after Flake's Dad brought him in another room that has Needles of all sizes.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki looked at the paw for a second, it was still a strange gesture from other non-humans. He took it, and shook. "Alright Zeke. I'm gonna let you make your own decision... and if you ever feel like leaving, there's nothing wrong with taking the batteries out of the collar and coming out and finding me... And don't take the collar off before you go out there. Ok?" He let go of Zeke and sighed, rubbing his head for a minute.

He perked up, putting it behind him. "Alright then. Let's find your... 'Parents', Kyra... I actually want to meet them..."
"Ill keep that in mind." He looked around. "So... What next?"
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rubin wrote:"Ill keep that in mind." He looked around. "So... What next?"
Raccoon wrote:"Don't worry, I'm sure Jack will give you a ride, he's already taking Zeke." He ruffled Kyra's head, something about her had always intrigued him, and he didn't know why, but he liked it. "Speaking of Jack, let' go find him, I think I know where he is." he turned and started walking to the side of the mall they'd parked the car on.
"'Dog Years'?" Rikki had never heard of anything like that. He could tell she wasn't fully grown because she still had features which he associated with pups: she had another year to go. The "Dog Years" thing made a bit of sense to him though: Jack had said once that he was 29 years old, which, for a non-human would make him decrepitly old. Rikki probably wouldn't even live to be near that age. "Well, this will be my 10th winter coming up," he said, "So I guess that makes me 9. Though, Melinda thought I was 12 at first, because she wasn't used to non-pets, but I eventually convinced her otherwise. Your vet might have been wrong about you too." He shrugged.

"So... Do you remember anything about where you lived before they adopted you? You must have lived somewhere for 3 years..."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atari

Post by Atari »

"I dunno about it. The vet said if you multiply the number of years by a certain number, it would be how old you were if you were a human. She wrote it down, but... I never knew writing could be so bad. It's like if you build a house compared to throwing bricks on the ground and making the other person figure out what it was supposed to do." Kyra thought quietly about what happened before, but noticed that when she did, all she remembered was her waving her parents, who were human, of course (she'd never expect so see her real parents, right?), away, while noticing something, but it didn't click. She thought a little further, and remembered the part with the theives. They had a huge bag, indicating that, and then... she tried remembering more, but another part was saying "No, don't go further", as if protecting her. During this, her head was down and she had a blank face, almost like she fled the body. Finally, in a near-monotonous tone, she said, "I waved my parents goodbye in one, then the robbers came in, and next thing I remember, I've been picked up off the street by my parents and 3 years had passed." in a less monotonous tone, she said, "And my paw had a pinkish-beige color to it when I waved them away, and I had grey paws when I was picked up off the street. Maybe I was, like, shaved or something? I hope that doesn't happen again."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki thought. "You must've been really young when that happened, maybe your fur hadn't grown in yet..." He had a strange feeling, like whatever it was that was different about Kyra was so much closer to the surface when she spoke in that voice... It was something he didn't understand, but it made his tail feel like it wanted to tell him something, something he wouldn't understand if it could. It was a strange feeling, and it filled him with the curiosity to delve deeper. "So," he asked "did you ever find out what happened to your old, human parents?"
Atari

Post by Atari »

"No, actually. I haven't remembered that much since... since I had tried an exam my mom made. I mean my current mom. Sounds odd, like I go through parents, but that'd never happen, right? Heh. Anyway, I just remembered most of that. But it was so weird. I look at their faces, and... nothing! It was kinda-- oof!--" Kyra ran right into a little bush, which was inconveniently placed-- "Right in the middle of the mall? Yeah, right." she kept walking, as if that never happened, and said, "--kinda odd, but that's what you get for 'repressed memories' or what it was, right? Hehe."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Atari wrote:"No, actually. I haven't remembered that much since... since I had tried an exam my mom made. I mean my current mom. Sounds odd, like I go through parents, but that'd never happen, right? Heh. Anyway, I just remembered most of that. But it was so weird. I look at their faces, and... nothing! It was kinda-- oof!--" Kyra ran right into a little bush, which was inconveniently placed-- "Right in the middle of the mall? Yeah, right." she kept walking, as if that never happened, and said, "--kinda odd, but that's what you get for 'repressed memories' or what it was, right? Hehe."
Rikki looked at her, sideways, he wasn't sure what she meant by "repressed memories". Had something happened to her that she was trying not to remember? Should he press? He wanted to know though, and if he did, he might be able to help her.
She had started with something he didn't understand though... "What kind of exam? Like... the pet exam or something?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky looked at sam riding the rollerblades, amazed. He had never seen rollerblades before.

"Sure ill try them out."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Ok I'll go grab them, hang tight." Cale ran insides, retrieving his skateboard and his roller blades from the closet. He came back out, handing the roller blades to Rocky. "Go ahead and put um on, since these are my only pair I'll just ride my board."

Sam rode over to Cale and Rocky, stopping and waiting for him to get ready. "This'll be fun!"
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra noticed the confusion in Rikki's face. "Oh, don't worry about it. I heard that shock can make you lose or repress memories, so if anything, it's not that bad. I guess... Oh, and the exam? It's a list of questions that, if you're in school, you get graded on. I got an 87, which means that's good. My mom is a teacher, so that's why it seems I'm so interested in it. But if there's one thing I like about being a pet, it's that I don't have to do 6 pages of questions every 6 months."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

"We're here!"

Ian started awake with a grunt at his mom's call. He sat up groggily, rubbing a paw across his eyes, and peeked out the window. The afternoon sun seemed to make everything glow as they passed through an opening in a large fence that went on forever. Beyond the entrance were rows of houses, big, small and in-between; and Ian wondered if he would ever find his way around here. The little corgi's head knocked against the window lightly as the car turned onto one of the many roads leading around the neighborhood. Ian placed a hand on his forehead as his father grumbled an apology. Before long, the car came to halt on a concrete driveway; and Ian hopped out, book in hand.

"Don't wonder off too far!" He heard his mom shout after him. He waved an affirmative and walked off down the sidewalk. Before he had moved far, however, Ian spotted a few other animals skating around. He cocked his head slightly, gazing at them. Ian rarely went out, with friends that is, let alone doing anything active. He took a deep breath, remembering his promise to his mother. "Here goes nothing..." He whispered, and stepped toward the group.

"H-Hey! How's it going?"
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

*edited for your convinience*
meanwhile zuchinni just found a flyer for the concert in town online.
"oh boy theres a concert!" He says as he gets off the computer.
"Better get prepaired. I should got to the restroom and take a shower, but Ill take the scenic route there!"
Last edited by metaecho on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HELLO THERE
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

More words Rikki was unsure of, "School"? He'd heard something of that. Jack had gone to school to learn about Ecology, and half of what they taught him was wrong... He wanted to ask about human school, but he was still a little concerned about Kyra herself. He thought of something that might help her. "Hey, listen, you want to come out into the forest with me some time? I could show you around..."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

About an hour later, Flake woke up lying down in front of the Living Room TV, "..W-What happened?" He felt a bit drowsy. "Don't waste energy asking, You will feel a Headache and Drowsiness." His father was reading the Brookshire Daily. ((Newspaper.)) After he heard his Dad, he went to sleep.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky grabbed the Skates and put them on, not knowing you were supposed to untie the straps, he had some trouble.
He tried to get up, but slipped on the skates and fell down.
"Ow-" Rocky tried to get back up.
He noticed the new dog walk up.
He looked at the corgi a little before answering. "Im doing good, you look new here? whats your name?"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam and Cale turned to the voice behind, "Hey, what's up?"

Samantha waved at the corgi, "Hi there, you new to the neighborhood?"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian was a little surprised at their quick responses. Were they always this friendly to strangers? He smiled sheepishly, raising a hand in greeting. "H-Hi. I, um, just moved here. My house... just back there." He rubbed his arm nervously. This was a normal reaction for him, and he was punching himself, mentally.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
thrasherblades wrote:"Awwww nothin' to worry about. He was the one who was scared of us in th' first place." Shep said, putting his arm around the wolf.
"Oooooh so this is wolf! Hi wolf! You cute!!!!" Enya said, lunging forward to give Anubis a big hug.
Anubis was a little confused, but he started to calm down. He had no idea who these animals were, or why they were here, and why they'd turned from threatening him to hugging him. He stared around at them blankly, unsure of what he should say...
"Uh... so... My name's Anubis..." he said plainly, still a little confused and coming down from his shock...
Shep could see he started to feel nervous and a little confused. "Okay that's enough Enya.....ENOUGH." Shep said, playfully pushing her aside. "Hey Enya, I think we better hurry back to tell everyone about the show, don't we?" Shep asked her.

"Oh okay! Let's going!" Enya said, holding Jacob's hand. Shep followed after them, together with Joy.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Anubis blinked as the two walked off, even more confused, he pulled himself up and sat on the ground, blinking, still a little dazed by what had just happened.
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

In the distance seen two figures, one is of a human and on is of a dog, walking slowly, approaching the west side of the new yet unfamiliar place.

It's around 4 PM now, in the late afternoon, with their back facing the Sun, one could easily recognized the human by it skin tone, that he is not local, approaching the huge gate, after the human flashed some document to the guard, with a nod, the guard opens the gate, revealing the new place. The dog tilts his head up, and he can make out the words on the arch above the gate.

"Brookshi-"

"Come on Xuan, let's go! Or I'll abandon you right here," said the human with a grin on his face. The dog whose name is Xuan is interrupted while at the same time heard what the human said and rush for the gate.

They got inside, what welcomes them is a huge residential area with forests at the horizon.

"This is Brookshire Meadows, our new Home," said the human.

They put down their heavy luggage to take a break while try to get a nice view of the neighborhood. Suddenly...

"Just this? This place is so..."un-urban", where's the wide road? Where's the tall buildings and all those fancy stores? Where's-"

"Hush! Xuan! Do you want to be kept in a small apartment back in our hometown? Like most of the times?" Xuan is interrupted once again when expressing his frustration.

"But-but...I'll never get used to here..." said Xuan.

"Listen, I got a job nearby here, that's the first, then, I heard that this place is extremely pet-friendly, you could see that over there!" Said the human who is obviously Xuan's owner, while pointing out a place just across the street.

From here, Xuan could make out what looks like...pets roller-blading?

"What!? They could do that? And-and they're not even on leash!" Shouted Xuan with tone full of disbelief.

"well, you're not on leash too, don't you realize it?" His owner said with his grin on his face again.

"Yeah... I didn't notice it..." said Xuan while holding his yellow color, revealing a "buddha"-shaped-jade tag.

"So you see, the third reason, since you're solitary back in hometown, I guess it'll help solve that problem of yours by living here, making some new friends!" His owner said while he started to walk, with their luggage along, towards the group of pets.

"New place, new home, new friends... this is just great..." said Xuan while following his owner, tugging his luggage along, towards their new home, the Brookshire Meadows.

*intro musics end*

"Well you go ahead, I'll go unpack our stuff, you know where the address is, and have fun!" Said his owner while Xuan continue his walk, reluctantly , towards the group of pets.
Last edited by CY_Law on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
Atari

Post by Atari »

"Okay, sure! I've never been out to one, and I heard that predators are out at night, but never if they eat dogs like me. Maybe this thing has a flashlight on it?" She poked the collar device. "Well, my parents seem fairly safe with this piece of plastic. They said it was 'universal' or something, and it was made so a little battery was inside this box, and there was no way to pry it out, so something or someone couldn't rip it off, which is really cool, huh? Reminds me of those i-thingies."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki chuckled at Kyra, "Don't worry, there's nothing dangerous to animals our size in the forest, and all the predators know not to attack anyone with a collar. And you won't need a flashlight, we'll go when it's light out." They rounded the corner to find Jack coming out of a specialty foods store. "Jack! There you are! This is Kyra, I met her in the housing development the other day." He put his arm over her shoulder and pushed her forwards a little bit, showing her to Jack. "You ok with giving her a ride home too?"
Jack knelt down, moving his bags to one hand. "Sure, Nice to meet you Kyra." he extended his now-free hand and shook her paw. He turned to Rikki "So, I'm ready to leave if you guys are."
"Yeah, let's head out then."

They walked out to the truck, Jack fiddled with the keys in the door, and Rikki jumped up into the truck-bed, lowering the back of it and turning to Zeke and Kyra. "There's only one passenger seat, so we're gonna ride in the back. Let me just set it up real quick..." He turned around and began messing with some things, making the truck bed relatively safe and comfortable, his tail was the only thing poked out into view over the sides of the elevated work-truck, which bore some rather official looking markings. "Alright," he said, dropping a ladder over the back, "You can get in now!"
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

after getting dressed and cleaned, zuchinni walked out the front door.

"what a lovely shower! this whole day feels like i-its... going perfectly!"
sniffing some roses by the front door, he bends down to pick one up and put it in his breast pocket. "I want to look my best dont I?..."
HELLO THERE
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke Beamed as he fondled the Die on his collar. It felt good to have it back. So much so, that in fact he was absentmindedly Following Riki. If something was said to him, he had just nodded, and hoped it was the correct response. He was zoning out even as they approached the truck, lagging a bit behind the others. "Wait," He snapped back to reality, "We have to ride in the back of that?" He wondered how that could possibly be safe. "Umm... Oh hi! he turned to the man. "My name's Zeke! I take it your with Riki?"
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki laughed a bit at Zeke. "Don't worry, it's only a few blocks. People ride in the back like this all the time, now come on!"
he turned to the man. "My name's Zeke! I take it your with Riki?"
Jack bent down and looked at the fox, "Yes. My name's Jack, I'm the local Park Ranger. Rikki lives with me at the Ranger's station." he held out a hand to Zeke with a smile. He had a golden Park-Ranger's badge, which glinted in the evening sun.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke Grasped The hand warmly. He was momentarily blinded, and in a gasp, let go of the hand. "That's a mighty well shined badge!" Turning back to the truck, he eyed it nervously, before tentatively crawling in. "So, how do we keep from falling out?"
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki pulled up the ladder, and pulled the back shut. "Well, it's not like you're going to fly out, as long as you stay sitting. And if you need to grab something, there are ropes to grab on to. I put some blankets on the sides in case we do slide into them. It's fun, wait and see." He made them both sit in the back of the truck, and signaled to Jack, who had started the engine, that they were ready. Then he sat down himself between Zeke and Kyra. "Here we go!"

They drove off.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

He already didn't like where this was going. He tried to relax as He looked over at Riki, and expecting a nod when he asked, "Your sure about this?" as he backed into the makeshift seat. "Well, at least its kinda comfy."
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki laughed as they drove towards Brookshire Meadows. "Oh, don't be so scared of everything. I see normal pets do this all the time at the campgrounds!" They rounded a corner and everyone was leaned to the side by the g-forces. "Whee!" Rikki giggled.
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

slowly stepping off the front porch, zuchinni walks to the curb...

"Its so wonderfull that people are already hosting there own concerts... It makes me fill with joy." zuchinni said as he clumsily walked acrros the street, tripping himself.
"that kinda hurt... OH GOD IS THAT A TRUCK??? NO PLEASE STOP-
Last edited by metaecho on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HELLO THERE
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack slowed down as he turned into the street. He saw a pothole ahead, but before he could react, something fell below the dashboard.
metaecho wrote:zuchinni said as he clumsily walked across the street, tripping himself.
"that kinda hurt... OH GOD IS THAT A TRUCK??? NO PLEASE STOP-
Thump!
Jack slowed a bit and looked around, did he just hit something? He looked in the mirror. 'Oh, that's right, Pothole. Silly me!'
Rikki looked up "What was that?" He got up a bit and looked over the back, seeing something long and flat moving away from them. "Oh, just some road debris." he said with a chuckle.
They drove on, leaving the Dingo-Tuxedo-Pancake behind them...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke was too distracted by how terrified he was to listen to Riki as the car began its first turn. He clenched this teeth, and his eyes were wide open. He clinged to the rope and wished the roller coaster wasn't going backwards. He wanted to scream, but he was too scared. The car bumped, and he clung to Riki instead. "Why wont this Contraption give me mercy?"
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki laughed happilly (it sounded a bit maniacal, coming from his bestial tones), petting Zeke as he clung. "Calm down! We're not even going that fast!"
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke merely Held tighter. "How long till we get there?" he whimpered, as he was pushed into Riki.
~Rubin