Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
ctcmjh

Re: Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

Post by ctcmjh »

Cerberusx wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:I got to say there would be no way I would ever or could ever let anyone run my life like King. If I was in his position I would end it in anyway I can. But thats just me. :twisted:
Alright then, when you figure out how to end the life of a sentient Griffin with powers far beyond your comprehension, much less your ability, you come tell me. :lol:
I already know one of the best ways to end Pete the Griffin's life. And that way is the use of nuclear power and that could vary from anything nuclear/radioactive, bomb, and even try to cause a nuclear melt down at a nuclear power plant. The melt down doesn't have to kill him, as long as the radiation does. :twisted:

But if I had to be more 'practical,' I would use a gun (.50 caliber,) bomb, poison, and if it came down to it, I would even do reasurch to find out if Pete has any type of weakness(s) and exploit it. :twisted:
I would delete all comics with Pete in them, burn all of Rick's drawings with Pete in them, and hit Rick in the head with a folding chair until his brain damage makes him forget about Pete. But that's just me. I won't hurt you Rick! I love you! Come on down to the celler! There's no folding chairs down there!

EDIT: Ack! Double Post! I'm so sorry! Don't beat me with folding chairs!!!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

ctcmjh wrote:Aw, but it's a quote from Futurama.
And? Don't repeat it here.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Re: I think it was a bad idea to separate the Current Comic

Post by Foxstar »

Anthroguy101 wrote:King X Fox anybody? jk (or am I?)
Let's see. Rick said to not do this. Buck's delivered a warning and so have I. Beyond this people actions will be taken.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

I say burn him on a stake. :twisted:

:roll:
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Alex wrote:Why do all except Fox hate King?
Sasha doesn't, and I bet most of the good-ol-dogs empathize with him hating Bino. (new neighborhood, your first friend invites you to a party, and immediately, someone plays a cruel joke on you.)
I suspect this will be Bino's downfall at some point, at least with Sasha, because she seems to love King (not in that way, go away shippers), and she's not going to like it if Bino forces her to choose between them.

Also, I'd call Pete self-righteous and overpowered, more than evil: he's picking on King because Joel was bad, which makes what he's doing poetic justice. I think he uses it as sick entertainment, which is a very jerk-thing. He can get away with it, and he knows it, because he's a godlike being.

Then again, we're analyzing a cartoon: going any further than this would be grasping at straws.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

But analyzing a cartoon is fun...
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Dr. Prower wrote:But analyzing a cartoon is fun...
With the potential to go overboard, I mean way overboard.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Alex wrote:Why do all except Fox hate King?
Sasha doesn't, and I bet most of the good-ol-dogs empathize with him hating Bino. (new neighborhood, your first friend invites you to a party, and immediately, someone plays a cruel joke on you.)
I suspect this will be Bino's downfall at some point, at least with Sasha, because she seems to love King (not in that way, go away shippers), and she's not going to like it if Bino forces her to choose between them.

Also, I'd call Pete self-righteous and overpowered, more than evil: he's picking on King because Joel was bad, which makes what he's doing poetic justice. I think he uses it as sick entertainment, which is a very jerk-thing. He can get away with it, and he knows it, because he's a godlike being.

Then again, we're analyzing a cartoon: going any further than this would be grasping at straws.
But we need to grab the straws to drink our crazy juice!
But Pete does seem more self-rightous and overpowered. He is like Tarot said
Tarot wrote:Pete is neither kind nor good; He is actually sort of a jerk.
She never said evil. She said that he's not good. This could mean that he's neutral, doesn't care what others think of him, and will be a jerk for the better good.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

If Tarot knows about Pete, there is a good chance she knows about King as well.
They haven't met yet (to my knowledge), but when they do, she might give him some guidance.
Who knows, she may be responsible for what makes him human again.
Or helping him understand he'd rather stay a dog (for those of you on the other side of that thought).

As for Pete's attitude, I really can't tell if he is trying to teach a lesson, or just being mean.
When King goes (and he will go), he will no doubt be behind whatever punishment King meets in the end.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
The Game

Post by The Game »

....wait a second....
peanut x Grape
Max x idk
King x Tarot??
nah.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

I really hope that's just a loose train of thought.
Cause I never said anything about that :lol:.
- Esquire Fox

The Game

Post by The Game »

Esquire Fox wrote:I really hope that's just a loose train of thought.
Cause I never said anything about that :lol:.
yeah pretty much.
congrats, you just got a taste of how my mind works!!!
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

ctcmjh wrote:crazy juice
Pete is the living manifestation of Grape's own hopes, dreams, and fears.

The forest in which Grape first encounters Pete in her dream is an idyllic place, warm and sunny, one in which she even remarks she could take some "awesome naps". It's also scenic, with a pond, waterfall, and many trees. This is Grape's "happy place", where she feels most comfortable, a spot where her abused psyche can retreat to during times of stress and sadness; the warm, pretty glen where she can sleep in peace is a stark contrast to her obviously traumatic time as an abandoned kitten, or her terrifying stay in the animal shelter afterward, or even her relatively comfortable home life, where Peanut is constantly interrupting her naps. In comparison, the tomb where Pete resides is a dark place, lonely and isolated, not unlike her cage at the shelter would have been.

Notice that while Zach is the "Opener of Ways", it is Grape who first has any sort of contact with Pete, and experiences the prophetic and vivid dream about his location (which includes scenes that we don't even get to witness). Later, when she awakes, she finds herself clutching one of his feathers, which has seemingly materialized out of nowhere, and is the only trace of Pete to be found in the real world. Zach, for his part, does very little except press a button to open the tomb, and then again to release Pete (which he only does in order to illustrate his prior actions to Grape).

It is worth mentioning that "Peanut" here appears to be nothing more than part of the dream, as he later has no memory of the glen or of meeting Pete; it is telling, however, that it is dream-Peanut (i.e., Grape's subconscious) who names the creature, and who leads her along the complicated route to find him (upon entering the glen, he immediately knows where to go, even though they have never been there before).

Pete didn't call out to Grape; Grape created Pete from her own thoughts.

Like Grape herself, Pete is a creature of dualities. While Grape is generally good, she is also capable of great anger and violence; as a carnivore, she is a natural hunter, and we have seen her kill and eat her prey. She is also visibly troubled by her own past, and suffers abandonment issues to this day. Her best friend is a dog for whom she feels great affection, yet her romantic interests lie with her own kind. Accordingly, Pete himself is a hybrid, two creatures instead of one, representing the conflicting sides of Grape's personality: he is both lion (which Grape has explicitly mentioned being attracted to), representing the raw passions of love, desire, strength, and anger; and an eagle with blue feathers, symbolizing fear and hunger (as Grape's natural prey), sadness, and cold, analytical logic.

Likewise, Pete himself is a reflection of Grape, neither angel nor devil; he is intelligent, decisive, and possesses a sharp, sarcastic sense of humor (he expresses indifferent amusement when Joel finds himself naked after his transformation; Grape does the same thing to her father in the shower). Grape herself describes him as an impish prankster, and there is a hint of mischief in his demeanor; we know already that Grape enjoys the games she and Peanut play, and that she too has a wicked sense of humor. In part, this is what makes Pete so potentially dangerous; he is limited only by the power of Grape's imagination, and like Peanut, she is a creative spirit. This imbues Pete with tremendous power and influence upon the fabric of reality, the same power that Grape uses to write epics set in the Pridelands or to command the Mashed Potato Men from Mars.

The reasons behind Pete's appearance are unclear. Little has happened to Grape immediately prior to his manifestation; while she is aware of Peanut's crush on her by this time, that doesn't come to a head until much later. Apart from that, the most noteworthy events which take place are her encounter with the raccoons (which she handles fairly easily), or her murder of Klaus (which doesn't seem to bother her). However, we know relatively little about Grape's early life, and there may be factors of which we are unaware; Grape first dreams of Pete during the winter, just before Christmas, and unleashes him at exactly the same time the next year. This is significant, as the holidays (or winter in general) may be a difficult time for Grape, for whatever reason. Pete's own motives are also unclear, as Grape has endowed him with a measure of sentience and the ability to act independently to pursue his own goals (which, again, makes him potentially hazardous). Only time will tell whether Grape has the strength--or the desire--to rein him back in.

She can also start fires with her mind.

And then there's the matter of Tarot, who literally appears out of nowhere when Peanut is feeling sad...
ImageImage
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

:lol: Sinder you crazy. Epileptic Trees I have my own Epileptic Tree theory about Tarot that I formulated at like 3 am one night before going to bed.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Zander wrote:Image
this :)

and @ singer:
My head hurts now
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

ctcmjh wrote: I would delete all comics with Pete in them, burn all of Rick's drawings with Pete in them, and hit Rick in the head with a folding chair until his brain damage makes him forget about Pete. But that's just me. I won't hurt you Rick! I love you! Come on down to the celler! There's no folding chairs down there!

EDIT: Ack! Double Post! I'm so sorry! Don't beat me with folding chairs!!!

I've beatin some people with a folding chair before. Best...Day...EVER!!!
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Sinder wrote:Crazy Juice on a whole new level
Tarot said that Pete transmitted a dream to grape in order to put her at ease, thinking this his freedom is what she wants.
To assume anything else would be grasping at straws o_O.
- Esquire Fox

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Esquire Fox wrote:
Tarot said that Pete transmitted a dream to grape in order to put her at ease, thinking this his freedom is what she wants.
That's the point of a Epileptic Tree theory its supposed to be crazy and twist things
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

IceKitsune wrote:
Esquire Fox wrote:
That's the point of a Epileptic Tree theory its supposed to be crazy and twist things
Or maybe Sinder's just trying to throw us off because he himself is actually Pete manifested from the comic world.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Sinder wrote:
So Grape is to blame for King being a corgi.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Dr. Prower wrote:So Grape is to blame for King being a corgi.
YES
Teh Brawler wrote:Or maybe Sinder's just trying to throw us off because he himself is actually Pete manifested from the comic world.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

yay
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sinder wrote:
YES
Teh Brawler wrote:Or maybe Sinder's just trying to throw us off because he himself is actually Pete manifested from the comic world.
I KNEW IT GUYS
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sinder wrote:
YES
Yes! :D second best edit ever.
Now this is the Best edit ever.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Isn't it Mainly Peanut's and Zack the bunny's fault, that Pete is free. Because Zack pressed the button(s) because of those 'little forest critters' and Peanut was to busy having a conversation with Tarot, about how Pete is a jerk.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Cerberusx wrote:Isn't it Mainly Peanut's and Zack the bunny's fault, that Pete is free. Because Zack pressed the button(s) because of those 'little forest critters' and Peanut was to busy having a conversation with Tarot, about how Pete is a jerk.
It really is neither of their faults because none of them knew what they were doing. I could see blaming Peanut for not acting but he was distracted by Tarot and Zach didn't know what he was doing he was just pressing buttons because he was told to. In fact I would say its more Tarot's fault then anyone's because she acted so late. (or maybe even the spirits fault because they didn't inform her fast enough.)
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

Sinder wrote:

The forest in which Grape first encounters Pete in her dream is an idyllic place, warm and sunny, one in which she even remarks she could take some "awesome naps". It's also scenic, with a pond, waterfall, and many trees. This is Grape's "happy place", where she feels most comfortable, a spot where her abused psyche can retreat to during times of stress and sadness; the warm, pretty glen where she can sleep in peace is a stark contrast to her obviously traumatic time as an abandoned kitten, or her terrifying stay in the animal shelter afterward, or even her relatively comfortable home life, where Peanut is constantly interrupting her naps. In comparison, the tomb where Pete resides is a dark place, lonely and isolated, not unlike her cage at the shelter would have been.

Notice that while Zach is the "Opener of Ways", it is Grape who first has any sort of contact with Pete, and experiences the prophetic and vivid dream about his location (which includes scenes that we don't even get to witness). Later, when she awakes, she finds herself clutching one of his feathers, which has seemingly materialized out of nowhere, and is the only trace of Pete to be found in the real world. Zach, for his part, does very little except press a button to open the tomb, and then again to release Pete (which he only does in order to illustrate his prior actions to Grape).

It is worth mentioning that "Peanut" here appears to be nothing more than part of the dream, as he later has no memory of the glen or of meeting Pete; it is telling, however, that it is dream-Peanut (i.e., Grape's subconscious) who names the creature, and who leads her along the complicated route to find him (upon entering the glen, he immediately knows where to go, even though they have never been there before).

Like Grape herself, Pete is a creature of dualities. While Grape is generally good, she is also capable of great anger and violence; as a carnivore, she is a natural hunter, and we have seen her kill and eat her prey. She is also visibly troubled by her own past, and suffers abandonment issues to this day. Her best friend is a dog for whom she feels great affection, yet her romantic interests lie with her own kind. Accordingly, Pete himself is a hybrid, two creatures instead of one, representing the conflicting sides of Grape's personality: he is both lion (which Grape has explicitly mentioned being attracted to), representing the raw passions of love, desire, strength, and anger; and an eagle with blue feathers, symbolizing fear and hunger (as Grape's natural prey), sadness, and cold, analytical logic.

Likewise, Pete himself is a reflection of Grape, neither angel nor devil; he is intelligent, decisive, and possesses a sharp, sarcastic sense of humor (he expresses indifferent amusement when Joel finds himself naked after his transformation; Grape does the same thing to her father in the shower). Grape herself describes him as an impish prankster, and there is a hint of mischief in his demeanor; we know already that Grape enjoys the games she and Peanut play, and that she too has a wicked sense of humor. In part, this is what makes Pete so potentially dangerous; he is limited only by the power of Grape's imagination, and like Peanut, she is a creative spirit. This imbues Pete with tremendous power and influence upon the fabric of reality, the same power that Grape uses to write epics set in the Pridelands or to command the Mashed Potato Men from Mars.

The reasons behind Pete's appearance are unclear. Little has happened to Grape immediately prior to his manifestation; while she is aware of Peanut's crush on her by this time, that doesn't come to a head until much later. Apart from that, the most noteworthy events which take place are her encounter with the raccoons (which she handles fairly easily), or her murder of Klaus (which doesn't seem to bother her). However, we know relatively little about Grape's early life, and there may be factors of which we are unaware; Grape first dreams of Pete during the winter, just before Christmas, and unleashes him at exactly the same time the next year. This is significant, as the holidays (or winter in general) may be a difficult time for Grape, for whatever reason. Pete's own motives are also unclear, as Grape has endowed him with a measure of sentience and the ability to act independently to pursue his own goals (which, again, makes him potentially hazardous). Only time will tell whether Grape has the strength--or the desire--to rein him back in.

And then there's the matter of Tarot, who literally appears out of nowhere when Peanut is feeling sad...

Sinder, this is the most obtuse line of reasoning I have ever seen. I must say, I'm quite impressed, keep up the good work.
And then God saw the havoc that humanity had wrought upon the earth, and he said unto them 'muffins and cookies kids, get off my lawn'
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ratros wrote:
Sinder wrote:

Sinder, this is the most obtuse line of reasoning I have ever seen. I must say, I'm quite impressed, keep up the good work.
You haven't read his fanfics. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

Teh Brawler wrote: You haven't read his fanfics. :P
Now I feel I must check these out.
And then God saw the havoc that humanity had wrought upon the earth, and he said unto them 'muffins and cookies kids, get off my lawn'
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Teh Brawler wrote:You haven't read his fanfics. :P
Hey, HEY.

Be nice.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sinder wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:You haven't read his fanfics. :P
Hey, HEY.

Be nice.
I mean that in the best way possible. I love your fanfics, remember? I even got started writing because of them. (seriously, I even gave you a shout-out in my most recent one)

Anyways, the list of fanfics is in this post.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Seriously, I can't wait for tomorrow's comic. I'd love to see how King reacts to this. The way I see it there are two possibilities:

1 - He flips out
2 (boring) - He accepts it because he's nervous, especially of Bino.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

well kings really really really really really would like to go,
and those are some might really's ina row

saying of the day
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Anthroguy101 wrote:Seriously, I can't wait for tomorrow's comic. I'd love to see how King reacts to this. The way I see it there are two possibilities:

1 - He flips out
2 (boring) - He accepts it because he's nervous, especially of Bino.
I'd like to see king snap at pete. :P That'll be the most interesting option.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

OK, I'd like to see how King gets out of this. And what Pete's plans are.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I was sort of right Ha! I win.
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

It was exactly what i thought would happen
24 - Number of times my name has brought upon the saying "I like coffee!"
devils

Post by devils »