Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Sleet »

TarkaTarquol wrote:Awakening was awesome, but I feel like we players got an easy button on it. Dual-attacking seemed a little OP and your enemies could not dual attack.

...Then again, there is Lunatic+ mode... Ehn, it may balance out. It's an awesome game regardless and so far the only 3DS game that I own... It's kinda been an underwhelming handheld, but that's slowly being rectified.
If you felt it's too easy, you weren't playing on a hard enough difficulty. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

hypernovatic wrote:Who else besides me has played Spyro before?
I did play some of The Eternal Night and I tried Skylanders (which is technically a Spyro game :l) Those were the only ones I was able to play.
Now that I have a PSX, I can get my hands on the first three games, though! Just have to wait till I get home -n-
If you want my number, it's #804080.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Hav you people seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeEbtz55XYI
It was weird and yet I couldnt stop mysef from watching it all
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

What's weird about Awakening is that to 100% the game, you have to use more than the 3 files they give you.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

hypernovatic wrote:What's weird about Awakening is that to 100% the game, you have to use more than the 3 files they give you.
I was talking about Reggie's video.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I know. I was talking about Fire Emblem Awakening.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah that is pretty weird.

I once beat the game solely with Morgan (well, at least from when she was available). She was a Dark Knight with maxed stats and AEther, Galeforce, Counter, and two other super-great abilities I can't remember at the moment.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Here's your original post on that Morgan run, Sleet. I remembered you put it up somewhere - was just a matter of finding it.

So, broken record time: I still have not beaten Ni no Kuni... or Skyrim... or quite a few other PS3 games I have... Kinda surprised I'm not playing some of my PS3 games more now that my computer's bugged up.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ah, right. Armsthrift and Lifetaker. Thanks. :3

*giggles* I forgot about Morgon.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

One does not simply, fully complete Skyrim. It would take months, that's without any DLC's. Even I havnt done half those side quests, I still have 216 in my known list.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

It would help if most of the side quests werent boring as heck and all the dungeons looked the same :x

Edit: and oh yeah if you didnt end up one shotting absolutely everything at a certain point!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I have unlimited destruction magic and all the spells. It's not a challenge even on the hardest difficulty, but it takes too long.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Duster

Post by Duster »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:I have unlimited destruction magic and all the spells. It's not a challenge even on the hardest difficulty, but it takes too long.
I exploited a glitch and now I have TWO staves of Magnus! :lol:
Last edited by Duster on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Whew, finally finished the main story of PMD Explorers of Sky. Been wanting to play this game for a long time, and once I got my DS last week, I plowed through the whole story. Quite a rewarding experience.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I highly recommend getting to the 5th special story (Or whatever they are. I can't remember the exact name right now). That is honestly my favorite part of the game. It also has my top two favorite songs in the entire game. (And surprisingly enough, they are the two songs that play at the very end. The last two songs you unlock in the game.)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I just saw Final Fantasy VII on steam and it kinda disappointed me that they simply added an "easy button" (max ou hp and stats) to make the game play itself. Sure, it's not mandatory, but it kinda makes me feel sad that they decided to dumb down a great game, which the only hard batles are against the giant snake (at the beggining of the game only) and the Ruby and Emerald weapons.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

FFVII is on steam?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

hypernovatic wrote:FFVII is on steam?
Yep. and the biggest advantage is the cloud saving file (it seems that you need to enable that in-game, but I'm not sure). I'm tempted into buying it to revive some old memories (I loved the Nanaki/Red XIII story, plus Cosmo Canyon had the best city song)
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Heh. Animal Crossing.
angelusbr wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:FFVII is on steam?
Yep. and the biggest advantage is the cloud saving file (it seems that you need to enable that in-game, but I'm not sure). I'm tempted into buying it to revive some old memories (I loved the Nanaki/Red XIII story, plus Cosmo Canyon had the best city song)
Yeah, I just found that out after I last looked into steam. It must be a new addittion.

Is nice to see such a good talk about all these classic videogames.
Speaking of classics, Has any of you played Lefou's Quest 4?
I'm still having trouble in getting out of the startin area.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I never played FFVII. I feel like Steam is my chance to fix that!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sleet DON'T it's just, kind of a mess, there is a surprising amount of angst, and it's a dull sit with a boring character you need to deal with. Cloud is just, surprisingly no fun.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Meh, I liked it. *giggles* I'm definitely gonna invest the $12 to play it again.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Cloud is just, surprisingly no fun.
He has Dragon Ball Z hairspray and a sword so big it would put a highlander to shame (And also dislocate Cloud's shoulder the way he makes it rest on it.)!
What's not to love?

Also, if that game is on sale on Steam, Does it mean it's finally available on PC?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

JeffCvt wrote:I highly recommend getting to the 5th special story (Or whatever they are. I can't remember the exact name right now). That is honestly my favorite part of the game. It also has my top two favorite songs in the entire game. (And surprisingly enough, they are the two songs that play at the very end. The last two songs you unlock in the game.)
Yup, finished all 5 episodes. The story in the 5th is pretty neat and really does feel like a proper epilogue, but my favourite has to be the 2nd one. Really unexpected backstory xD
Well, guess I'll just "animal crossing" the game till I get bored of it. Thanks goodness there's so many things to do post-game~
The Grey Wolverine wrote:Sleet DON'T it's just, kind of a mess, there is a surprising amount of angst, and it's a dull sit with a boring character you need to deal with. Cloud is just, surprisingly no fun.
Is he now? I never really played FFVII (or any of the main FF games), but fans either really hate him or adore him. I kinda like his character in FF Tactics and Kingdom Hearts, but those are cameos...

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Most people who call Cloud too angsty probably didn't know much of his character. I mean, two of his friends died right in front him and he couldn't do anything about it. Doesn't that kinda make you feel a little bit guilty?
Silly Zealot wrote: Also, if that game is on sale on Steam, Does it mean it's finally available on PC?
Yes, it is.

And while we're on the subject of Final Fantasy, anyone else here know how to play Final Fantasy VIII? This junction system is confusing me...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Final Fantasy VIII is one of my favorite games. I actually tried to model my behavior after Squall's, for a while. What part of the junction system is tripping you up?

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Sleet DON'T it's just, kind of a mess, there is a surprising amount of angst, and it's a dull sit with a boring character you need to deal with. Cloud is just, surprisingly no fun.
Yeah. Cloud isn't interesting. But many of the side characters are quite interesting. But I also have a complaint about the main villain, Sephiroth. The whole reason why he turned evil was because he discovered his "mom" was an alien.
ShadowLightning wrote:
And while we're on the subject of Final Fantasy, anyone else here know how to play Final Fantasy VIII? This junction system is confusing me...
I also play FFVIII. The junction system can be kinda annoying. Each GF you equip learns different kind of junction (strength, magic, vitality, etc). In order to have a good team you need to spread the GF according with the junctions they can learn (you can also use itens to make them learn junctions they wouldn't normally learn).
Then you need to equip magic in a junction in order to increase said status. But each magic (which can be obtained either by drawing from monsters or using the GFs skills to turn itens into magic) has a different value depending of the status. For example, healing and reviving magics (cure,cura, curaga, life and full-life) are the best magics to attach to your HP, while the best magic to attach to your vitality is meltdown (the best way to get meltdown is to refine the magic from an item that I forgot the name, sorry) and so on.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

If "Cloud isn't interesting" is the worst thing someone can say about the game, I'm sold. I loved FFXIII and Lightning (who I'm told is basically female Cloud) didn't ruin it for me. I think I can handle it.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

The only FF game I've played is the first one. And I wasn't even relatively close to beating it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Actually, I still own my original copy of Final Fantasy VII. The cool thing about the Hero in this game without spoiling it too much is he's more of a deconstruction of what people wanting to be heroes is, but with all the weight put on him. You'll find out as you play.

I also loved the Materia system. Collecting them gets quite addictive and mastering them is a heck of a lot of fun. It also had the most addictive and interesting sidequests. X3

Also, this is the first Final Fantasy where damage started to hit ludicrous levels. Good example is the limit break system. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

The only atttack I consider overpowered is the summon materia Knights of the Round, which can One-hit kill almost anything in the game, with the exception of the lat boss of the story (which needs two KOTR) and the Ruby and Saphire Weapons (optional bosses that are HAAAAAAARDDDD. Their HP and power are troublesome to deal with).
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Silly Zealot wrote:
The Grey Wolverine wrote:Cloud is just, surprisingly no fun.
He has Dragon Ball Z hairspray and a sword so big it would put a highlander to shame (And also dislocate Cloud's shoulder the way he makes it rest on it.)!
What's not to love?
Everything. He is mopey little brat, he whines too much, and he seems to have no mirth in him, and really, he was just dull. On paper, it seems like it could be a fun character, but the writing took it in more of an emo direction, he whines and complains throughout the game and he is still a character I resent to no end, he won't lighten up and I honestly quit the game halfway through JUST because of him, the other characters are better, and what is the deal with Sephiroth? He is so lame.
angelusbr wrote:
Yeah. Cloud isn't interesting. But many of the side characters are quite interesting. But I also have a complaint about the main villain, Sephiroth. The whole reason why he turned evil was because he discovered his "mom" was an alien.
Sephiroth's final battle has him with 1 HP...why? That is not a battle, it is press X to use the Omnislash and win the game. No challenge. That is NOT a final boss, they build him up from the start, and waste the chance to have a cool final battle with him. And it is especially awfull compared to FF VI, which is a great game with an awesome final battle, I agree Kefka is a bit overrated at times, but he had a great battle, it was fun and epic as it should have been, not "Use the omnislash and win because U R teh bezt!" No, that is called anticlimax, whatever the game was building up to was wasted on that fight along. FF VIII isn't a ton better IMO because Squall is just, kinda emo, but whatever, he has a stronger character than Cloud, and it has an alright final battle.
Last edited by Dissension on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tags
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

It's kind of important to use spoiler tags to avoid spoilers for people who haven't played.

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I don't consider that 1 vs 1 final "battle" the real final battle. For me the final batle is against seraph Seepphiroth.

admin edit: I just said to use spoiler tags.
Last edited by Dissension on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
snakebug

Post by snakebug »

Even though this game is a bit behind on the times... *Cough*Ps2*Cough* I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of a game called,

War Of The Monsters

Where you fight as 100 foot tall monsters... With a godzilla rip-off too!

Its a great brawler game...
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I've started playing Cave Story recently, and it's fun.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

hypernovatic wrote:I've started playing Cave Story recently, and it's fun.
It's about time a game I've actually cared about is mentioned here!

I never got to play it, but it looks mighty interestiong. I really love The Cave acting as the game's setting, one of it's main antagonists, and it's sardonic narrator, all in one!

There are RELATIVELY* few stories that posses such characters.

Speaking of original gambits, I recently came across this really funny, yet also quite sadness-indusing video game

*Yes, "relatively" is the keyword here.

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

snakebug wrote:Even though this game is a bit behind on the times... *Cough*Ps2*Cough* I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of a game called,

War Of The Monsters

Where you fight as 100 foot tall monsters... With a godzilla rip-off too!

Its a great brawler game...
I played the SNES one called King of the Monsters. But no, not War of the Monsters. =)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

This is sort of useless information but, dota 2 is officially released and out of beta! It's listed in the steam store now too, f2p! No pesky invites needed~
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Danke very munchen. Danke schönn for the intel, Tiggy!