Post by hypernovatic »

Sorrow: My sister broke my only headset. :(
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hukley
Banner Artist

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Hukley »

Joy: Yay! I passed all my exams (even with pretty good grades) :D . Now I have summer-vacation till september! :mrgreen:
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Good on you, I break up in a month.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: I'm in London and it's rad
sorrow: I can't help but sit around wondering if the other students I'm studying with like me or not. I always do this around new people and I hate it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: I'm finally getting some money. Two weeks ago all I had was $80 in the bank and no cash. Now I have enough money that if things keep going and I keep working like I have been, I'll be able to put away about $2000-$3000 at the end of summer in some kind of long term savings account.

I never would have thought that I would do this well. *Is happy right now*
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

wow that is a really great news , gratz Jeff ^^
joy : just won a bet with a friend , ice cream night , you're mine ! mwahahaha !
sorrow : the bet was I wouldn't be able to finish any of Sonic 06's stories in one sitting , and now my head hurt , and I think I'm getting paranoid
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: Things seem to be falling apart at the worst time. My friend/roommate is moving away and I'm going to be on my own. It's already hard to pay the rent and keep food at my place when I'm working 50+ hours a week.

Both: I finally decided what to go to school for. If I can actually attend with sustainable income, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Joy: Going to have to fun tonight with pyros and a good friend whom I haven't had the chance to hang with in months.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Sorrow: I have a brain freeze.
I actually liked Sonic '06 and beat Sonic's story. (SHOCKING!)
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

I like brain freeze (yes , I'm insane , Jack sparrow fan don't you know ? :lol: )
as for liking S06 it's not that shocking , I like it too , a lot , but it's just that finishing sonic's story in one sitting , with all those march speed sections is really take a toll on someone with slow reaction time like me ^^"
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Sorrow, not for me but, A good neighbor across the street has taken his life today. An older man. May he find happiness and rest in peace...
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Rico

Post by Rico »

:( I feel really sorry for those he left behind. Friends and family are always really badly affected when stuff like this happens.
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*hugs* Deaths affect more than just the person. I'm sorry to hear about it. :(
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Sorrow/annoyance: I hate randomly feeling unwell/uncomfortable x.x
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

We all do Tiggy... We all do...
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: Took my first driving lesson today, only 19 classes to go.
Sent from my conifer.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sorrow: I can't remember if I said this somewhere else on this forum, but the radio in my truck is acting screwy. I think it's dying. Not surprising seeing how my truck is from 2001, but I went to the dealer and they said it would probably be $250-$300 to fix it. And by fix it, they mean send it out to get repaired and re-install the same radio. I'm not exactly a fan of the fact they're going to try and fix a 10+ year old radio instead of just installing a new one. And on top of that, the local junkyard doesn't have one that I can just buy and swap out.

Joy: Because of all of that, I looked into just buying a brand-new radio, and I was surprised. I can get a brand new radio, one that will play CDs, music from a flash drive, and/or my phone for about $100. Everything included to install it. I'm actually really happy about that.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Rico

Post by Rico »

Sorrow - Its 4:47am on Sunday and I'm still up and working without sleep since Saturday morning.

Joy - Brings back memories of Uni when I'd pull all-nighters on coursework :)
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

JeffCvt wrote:Sorrow: I can't remember if I said this somewhere else on this forum, but the radio in my truck is acting screwy. I think it's dying. Not surprising seeing how my truck is from 2001, but I went to the dealer and they said it would probably be $250-$300 to fix it. And by fix it, they mean send it out to get repaired and re-install the same radio. I'm not exactly a fan of the fact they're going to try and fix a 10+ year old radio instead of just installing a new one. And on top of that, the local junkyard doesn't have one that I can just buy and swap out.

Joy: Because of all of that, I looked into just buying a brand-new radio, and I was surprised. I can get a brand new radio, one that will play CDs, music from a flash drive, and/or my phone for about $100. Everything included to install it. I'm actually really happy about that.

Yup stereos these days can be had for cheap. Of course depending on what you want. If you know how to rewire a head unit then go for it, if not you should be able to take it to any reputable stereo shop and only be charged around $20 bucks.

Joy: I got some rad pens for inking. They're made in Japan sooo they should work great.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: I feel miserable today. And I don't know why...
A little Joy: I don't have to go anywhere today since it's Sunday. Yay...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: I feel miserable today. And I don't know why...
A little Joy: I don't have to go anywhere today since it's Sunday. Yay...
*hugs* That happens sometimes, Shadow. Find someone IRL who you can spend your day with. That usually helps ^^

EDIT:
Sorrow: Yet again, I couldn't sleep on a Sunday night, with an 8am class on Monday. So I shall stay up till after class session ends... at 4pm *facepalm*
Last edited by kurowolfe on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: The one person I trusted turned out to be an impulsive liar/pitiful alcoholic. Now, I'm not jaded. I'll be there for him as a friend when he figures out what's wrong. But, for now, my tolerance has officially run completely dry for this dude.
Joy: I should have a lot more time and peace of mind now, even if rent is my whole paycheck.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

We will be here as trustworthy Internet fellows if you need us Kitela.
Luckily as a teenager I know very few alcoholics and more people regretting not trying hard enough when it was important. However I advise you find some kind of security just in case that rent adruptly stops, not being a pessimist but you can never be too careful in life.
Rico

Post by Rico »

Kitela wrote:Sorrow: The one person I trusted turned out to be an impulsive liar/pitiful alcoholic. Now, I'm not jaded. I'll be there for him as a friend when he figures out what's wrong. But, for now, my tolerance has officially run completely dry for this dude.
Well done Kitela. Sometimes friends in trouble such as you described take advantage of other friends in the name of being 'supportive'. However unless they are willing to help themselves, you usually just get dragged down with them. I've been there :(

I hope it works out for you and they realise their mistakes and get their life back on track.

Joy: In a good mood, for reasons unknown!

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kitela wrote:Sorrow: The one person I trusted turned out to be an impulsive liar/pitiful alcoholic. Now, I'm not jaded. I'll be there for him as a friend when he figures out what's wrong. But, for now, my tolerance has officially run completely dry for this dude.
Joy: I should have a lot more time and peace of mind now, even if rent is my whole paycheck.
*hugs* If you ever need anyone to talk to, you know how to reach me.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy of the month for me: I bought and installed a new radio into my truck. It wasn't that hard really. And not only that, but it's a lot nicer than the one that was in it. Instead of cassettes, I can now play CDs, insert a flash drive with music, or even just plug my phone in. And the total cost was $115 and two hours to install it. (And now that I've installed it, I could probably do it again in about 45 minutes.)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Joy: I get to see my cousin who I haven't seen in over a year.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Seeing Trash Talk tomorrow night. They're one of my favorite bands and it's going to be a crazy show. I'm kind of hoping I'll end up with a black eye or some such in class on tuesday :p
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Rico

Post by Rico »

JeffCvt wrote:Joy of the month for me: I bought and installed a new radio into my truck.
A very worthwhile investment. I'm sure you'll get much enjoyment out of it :)
Seth wrote:Joy: Seeing Trash Talk tomorrow night. They're one of my favorite bands and it's going to be a crazy show. I'm kind of hoping I'll end up with a black eye or some such in class on tuesday :p
Is it bad that I've never heard of Trash Talk? I'm normally into punk music, but generally more of the ska or pop variety.

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Rico wrote:
Seth wrote:Joy: Seeing Trash Talk tomorrow night. They're one of my favorite bands and it's going to be a crazy show. I'm kind of hoping I'll end up with a black eye or some such in class on tuesday :p
Is it bad that I've never heard of Trash Talk? I'm normally into punk music, but generally more of the ska or pop variety.
Well they're on the more hardcore end of the spectrum. But if you're into that kind of music yes it's a travesty go listen to them now. : p
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Rollofthedice

Post by Rollofthedice »

Sorrow: Haven't been getting much sleep lately...
Joy: But after some fresh coffee, I feel pretty great. Now to wait until the caffeine crash. :lol:
Reminiscence: A Tale of Dreams - Complete
An Experiment - Ongoing: Story 2, 'The Babylon Incident', in progress!
Tired/Eternity/Broadsides: 'I did not have literary relations with those fanfics'

Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Just remember to have 16 sugars and you'll be too hyper to care.
Joy: the dogs are play fighting and it is very adorable.
Sorrow: cannot post it since it won't upload on PC properly.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: THIS happened yesterday!

See all that brown water? That is a highway!

Joy: I was at the top of a hill when it happened, I couldn't leave by car, but I didn't have to go through it!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

^Prepare yourself, redneck water skying is coming
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Sorrow: I made a 2 on my AP Human Geography test. :cry: :(
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Fear: My mom just "accidentally" read my journal. Which had a LOT of personal stuff in it...
Guilt: I made an elaborate lie and told her that I was just holding it for a friend. She said I can tell her anything. But I still lied anyway...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

"Accidentally"

Hmm I really can't help you there. All I can say is that you have a place full people willing to help you through things. No matter the situation. I'm sure we all could be mature about it no matter the topic. Good luck man =)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I seem to have a slightly different perspective than many folks. I'd say the best course of action is absolute honesty. People may not always like what you have to say, but it gets you some respect. After all, the only thing that's with you for life is... your reputation.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Dissension wrote:I seem to have a slightly different perspective than many folks. I'd say the best course of action is absolute honesty. People may not always like what you have to say, but it gets you some respect. After all, the only thing that's with you for life is... your reputation.
Really? That tends to be the most popular perspective, at least in my experience. Every children's show in the world says to be honest. A lot of people tend to dislike those who lie frequently as well.

I personally think a white lie can save more bloodshed than the brutal truth in many circumstances. Keep in mind there's a difference between a small white lie and lying the boy who cried wolf.
Rollofthedice

Post by Rollofthedice »

Reminiscence: A Tale of Dreams - Complete
An Experiment - Ongoing: Story 2, 'The Babylon Incident', in progress!
Tired/Eternity/Broadsides: 'I did not have literary relations with those fanfics'

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: the show was awesome last night. Trash talk does not dissapoint live and the crowd was great. Oh and i got a spiffy new trash talk hat.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz