SRP: Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Moon Howler

Re: SRP: Terra Ridge

Post by The Moon Howler »

Roarin wrote:
Harrison wrote:"It's pretty simple." The dog said, handing him the envelope. "In the plaza there should be a stand that has a sign in the shape of an envelope. Please deliver it to this location and ask if there's any mail for Coal. I'd do it myself but... I have other matters to attend to. Come right back once your done and I'll give you your payment".
Harrison saluted, trying to imitate the military guys he watched a few times on the TV.
"Yes, Ma'am!" he said with a smile, taking the letter. "I'll deliver it in a jiffy!" he turned and was just about to climb up, when another thought came to his mind. "Oh, is there anythin' else I should know or say, Ash?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Roarin wrote:
Flynn wrote:Claire waved as he left the table.
At the call of his name the wolf looked in Flynn's direction, putting on his trademark smile.
"Hey..." He paused for a moment before pointing at the cat. "Flynn right?" Not waiting for a confirmation he continued talking.
"Back again ,what can I get ya?"
"Where'd that raccoon from earlier go? I wanna talk to her," he said.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:"Well, actually. I have a question, if you don't mind me asking. Why are you looking for Artemis?"
"I'm an investigator, and someone, I can't tell you who, asked me to investigate this one. Actually, I have a good bit of experience with missing persons cases, so I figure I might as well take a shot at this one." she smiled, standing. Then looked over at the cat, "Oh and speaking of that, I haven't talked to Romulus yet, so I'd appreciate if you didn't tell him until I've had a chance to..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn wrote:"Hmm...". The wolf glanced around the bar.  
"You know what...  I think the last time I saw her was with Shahra, waitress that works here.  Black cat..  But I can't seem to find her either.  You can try the back room if you want."
Ian wrote:"I didn't see him but okay.". Samaki smiled back, happy that Ian was close to finding his friend.
Scratch wrote:The cat nodded, looking even more curious now.  Cogs seemed to be turning in her head as she looked at Scratch, not answering for a minute before saying...
"Okay... I won't.  But, you know his brother Romulus probably knows more about the incident, being the sheriff of the town.  You should talk to him"
Harrison wrote:"Nope.". The dog said with a small smirk, the tip of her tail wagged with amusement.
"Just make sure you don't screw it up. We're all counting on." She teased, and then, losing all decorum, saluted back..
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian's grip on Samaki's hand tightened, but not enough to hurt, he looked towards the direction he was running, calling out "Trip! Trip wait!" he yelled out happily, smiling a bit more
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
The Moon Howler

Roarin wrote:
Harrison wrote:"Nope.". The dog said with a small smirk, the tip of her tail wagged with amusement.
"Just make sure you don't screw it up. We're all counting on." She teased, and then, losing all decorum, saluted back..
Harrison grinned.
"Yes, Ma'am!" he repeated again and climbed out. before he closed the trap door, he poked his head (holding the hat) through it. "I'll be back shortly!" he said and closed the door, covering it with the rug and carefully walked out of the house after making sure no one saw him. he put the letter in the inner pocket of his Jacket. and headed towards the said plaza.
he made some notes in his head: Ash's strange actions, the convenient coincidence of the names Ash and Coal... he was sure Scratch might wanna know about these two things.
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:The cat nodded, looking even more curious now.  Cogs seemed to be turning in her head as she looked at Scratch, not answering for a minute before saying...
"Okay... I won't.  But, you know his brother Romulus probably knows more about the incident, being the sheriff of the town.  You should talk to him"
"He's on the list. I just don't wanna go to him until I actually find something: police types don't really like private detectives getting in on their cases..." Scratch started to get up, "Anyway... If you find anything else out, you'll tell me next time I'm here, right?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn wrote:"Hmm...". The wolf glanced around the bar.  
"You know what...  I think the last time I saw her was with Shahra, waitress that works here.  Black cat..  But I can't seem to find her either.  You can try the back room if you want."
"I've got nothing better to do, I'll wait and see if she shows up," Flynn said
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn wrote:"You want anything to drink while your waitin?"
Ian wrote:If Trip heard the calls from the other canine, he should no signs of hearing Ian as he entered the Inn, quietly shutting the door behind him.
Scratch wrote:The cat nodded.
"Okay, if anything comes up, I'll tell you."
Harrison wrote:A loud cough got Harrison attention. Slinking quietly beside him was a young (late teens) raccoon, with a very official looking notepad and pencil in his paws.
"'Scuse me sir. Mind if I ask you a few question?"

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:The cat nodded.
"Okay, if anything comes up, I'll tell you."
Scratch nodded, giving a little wave as she walked out into the bar. She looked around, saw Flynn, and started heading over to him...

(( Yeah, sorry, I saw him mention her to Rem ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn wrote:"You want anything to drink while your waitin?"
"Well," Flynn said, looking around.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch nodded, giving a little wave as she walked out into the bar. She looked around, saw Flynn, and started heading over to him...
"maybe after I talk to her, thanks." He walked over to meet her half way.
when he reached her, he asked, "So, you find anything useful out about this place?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"maybe after I talk to her, thanks." He walked over to meet her half way.
when he reached her, he asked, "So, you find anything useful out about this place?"
Scratch nodded, "Plenty. I took a case too." she gestured for him to follow her to a seat in the unoccupied corner, "Not sure which of it you don't know by now. What've you been doing so far?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"well, I took a job from the board in front of the Inn, made a little money," he said as he sat down. "There's a dishonest shopkeeper in town, and the Inn is pretty cheap. What kind of case did you take?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scratch wrote:"Gotcha. I'll be here.". He chuckled to himself and went on cleaning a glass mug.
During Scratch's and Flynn's conversation he made no move to give them some privacy (not that he went out of his way to make himself noticeable), his ears were pricked up, showing he might be listening.

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

Roarin wrote:
Harrison wrote:A loud cough got Harrison attention. Slinking quietly beside him was a young (late teens) raccoon, with a very official looking notepad and pencil in his paws.
"'Scuse me sir. Mind if I ask you a few question?"
Harrison almost jumped out of his fur when the small raccoon coughed.

"Golly! Never do that again!" the half-wolf said to the raccoon, then fixed his hat and smiled "You were the one Scratch was talking with earlier, yes? So how may I be of service, chap?"

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"well, I took a job from the board in front of the Inn, made a little money," he said as he sat down. "There's a dishonest shopkeeper in town, and the Inn is pretty cheap. What kind of case did you take?"
Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scratch wrote:"Gotcha. I'll be here.". He chuckled to himself and went on cleaning a glass mug.
During Scratch's and Flynn's conversation he made no move to give them some privacy (not that he went out of his way to make himself noticeable), his ears were pricked up, showing he might be listening.
"Missing Person. Pretty typical, actually..." she stretched the truth a bit and glanced over at Remus with a raised brow, seeing as he was sort of eavesdropping and not really hiding it, though that wasn't unusual for bartenders in this kind of bar, which was why they made good sources of information. She looked back at Flynn, "You know, if you actually have money, you should probably buy something. I mean, we've sorta been working out of this bar since we got here..." She shrugged and waved it off, "Anyway, you hear that there's some sort of war of succession going on right now? I forget if I told you about that..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I actually told you, but I didn't know any details," Flynn said. "and buying something now wouldn't do much, since Rem's the one who paid me. Anyway, need me to be on the lookout for any info on this missing person?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian padded to the door and blinked a bit, he had to stop and think for a minute,why was Trip in such a rush... He would have to ask, he thought as he reached to open the door
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ian wrote:Ian entered a square room (from the south door). It's was nicely lit by two fancy looking lamps that were positioned in the north east and west corners of the room. A long counter that was shaped like a "]" was positioned in west, behind it,a stout looking lady skunk with reading glasses, behind her were a row of cubbies (probably used to store room keys. Her attentive gaze caught sight of Ian and Samaki and she smiled warmly at them (though she made no move to start talking). Though the floor was wood a red carpet stretched from the south door to a door on the north wall. To the east was another door (doubles doors). And unlike the north door they were held open so one could catch a glimpse of tables and chairs, set in a restaurant like manner. The smell of food and the sound of conversation drifted into the square room (which is probably the lobby). There was no sign of Trip.
Harrison wrote:"The raccoon? Yeah. You know her?". The younger raccoon asked quizzitively.
He shook his head.
"Anyways, I'm here because I'd like you to help explain some suspicious behavior."

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

Roarin wrote:
Harrison wrote:"The raccoon? Yeah. You know her?". The younger raccoon asked quizzitively.
He shook his head.
"Anyways, I'm here because I'd like you to help explain some suspicious behavior."
"Suspicious behavior, aye?" The Half-wolf scratched the back of his head. "A few locals at the bar were givin' me some strange looks... an' I think a few females winked playfully at me... those at the streets are pretty much the same..." Harrison shook his head "I dun see anythin' suspicious 'bout them, just curious 'bout the newcomers."
The canine suddenly snapped, raising an eyebrow "An' speakin' of suspicious - why are ya so interested in my good friend Scratch, laddie?"

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Harrison wrote:The raccoon shrugs.
"She seems nice. We don't see many coons around here.". He scratched the side of his head with his pencil as he flipped open his notepad.
"By the by, I was hoping to less blunt with you but here it is. But by suspicious behavior, I meant you. It's great and all that you know Scratch, but what are you doing going into Art's house? And not just once, but twice. You know it's a violation of the law to break into another's private property. Especially under the current circumstances "

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian looked around, his ears flattened, he had lost the trail, what kinda dog was he. Checking his surroundings he seemed to be in a hotel, squeezing Samaki's hand to make sure that he was at least still there
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Looking around the room Samaki took in the scene calmly, though his voice seemed to convey the opposite.
"N-now what?"

"Excuse me. My I help you gentlemen?" The stout woman skunk addressed them cheerfully. Her voice had a small scratch in it when she spoke. Maybe it came from age.

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

Roarin wrote:
Harrison wrote:The raccoon shrugs.
"She seems nice. We don't see many coons around here.". He scratched the side of his head with his pencil as he flipped open his notepad.
"By the by, I was hoping to less blunt with you but here it is. But by suspicious behavior, I meant you. It's great and all that you know Scratch, but what are you doing going into Art's house? And not just once, but twice. You know it's a violation of the law to break into another's private property. Especially under the current circumstances "
Harrison crossed his arms on his chest.
"First of all - I didn't broke in - the door's unlocked." the half-wolf said, lowering his voice "Second, I was allowed to get in an' out whenever I wish." he leaned closer to the young raccoon, whispering quietly "An' for the end - I'm trying ta help Scratch an' that ain't gonna happen if ya keep holdin' me 'ere!"

My RP Characters
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian looked to Samaki and gave a bit of a smile , before turning to the skunk lady "Yes miss, I was wondering if you've seen a pup wearing a large top hat run through here, I know it sounds like a joke, but its important"
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Roarin wrote:
"Missing Person. Pretty typical, actually..." she stretched the truth a bit and glanced over at Remus with a raised brow, seeing as he was sort of eavesdropping and not really hiding it, though that wasn't unusual for bartenders in this kind of bar, which was why they made good sources of information. She looked back at Flynn, "You know, if you actually have money, you should probably buy something. I mean, we've sorta been working out of this bar since we got here..." She shrugged and waved it off, "Anyway, you hear that there's some sort of war of succession going on right now? I forget if I told you about that..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I actually told you, but I didn't know any details," Flynn said. "and buying something now wouldn't do much, since Rem's the one who paid me. Anyway, need me to be on the lookout for any info on this missing person?"
Scratch shook her head, "Well... I can show you a picture, but right now I don't think she'd even be in town. I was gonna go ask a few more people some things... Maybe you'd like to come along?" she waved it off, remembering what Flynn didn't know, "Oh, and that war: apparently the king is dead or something and it's, from what I've heard, a typical war of succession..." She glanced around, "Anyway, I think I'm done here... You wanna go look around a bit more?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I think I've got some time to kill before my next job," Flynn said. "as long as I get back to the inn by 3, I can help you investigate a little."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I think I've got some time to kill before my next job," Flynn said. "as long as I get back to the inn by 3, I can help you investigate a little."
Scratch nodded, moving to get up, "Yeah, and maybe it'd help to check the job board or something..." She got up and started to walk out, giving a wave to Remus...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Hey Rem, tell Claire I'll be back by three," Flynn said as he followed after Scratch.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scratch wrote:  "Sure thing.". The wolf hollered back.  

Outside the Inn...
The bulletin board loomed in front of them (at a not significantly tall height).  Laden with beat up papers and makeshift tacks it was a chaotic spectacle.  Maybe the only resemblance of order were black "x" marks on those jobs that have been taken already, and most were.  
The only one the trio could spot that was both legible and in one piece was labeled "Guard Duty"
Ian wrote: 
"Hmm.". The skunk put a hand to her cheek, taking a moment to remember.
"No, sorry, I can't say I av.  And I'd know.  Ya see.". She pointed to a bell attached to the front door.
"That bell rings if anyone so much as cracks the door open a peep.  But your welcome to check the diner or the hallway for your friend if you want.  Just please don't disturb the guests".
"We could always poke around just in case.". Samaki chimed in.
"I mean, you said you saw him come in here, so he must be here.".  The fox took a sniff in the direction of the diner through.
"Maybe we should split, cover more ground y'know.  I'll take the diner and you can check the hall.". Realizing his hastiness he lowered his ears a tad.
"If, that's okay with you."
Harrison wrote: 
"Hmm.  So Scratch brought you in this too.". The raccoon frowned. 
"I was hoping to keep this between us but.". He sighed. 
"I guess it couldn't hurt to have another helping hand.".  Donny was about to say something else when he paused.
"Hey, what did you mean when you said you 'were allowed to go in and out whenever you wish'?  That house belongs to Artemis.".

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

Roarin wrote:
Harrison wrote: 
"Hmm.  So Scratch brought you in this too.". The raccoon frowned. 
"I was hoping to keep this between us but.". He sighed. 
"I guess it couldn't hurt to have another helping hand.".  Donny was about to say something else when he paused.
"Hey, what did you mean when you said you 'were allowed to go in and out whenever you wish'?  That house belongs to Artemis.".
Without warning Harrison put a paw on Donny's muzzle, leaning towards the young raccoon and growling quietly in his ear.
"Ye do things yer way, I do things my way. The more you stand here an' annoy me with yer constant questions, the more ye set me back an' slow me progress."
The half-wolf leaned back and spoke with his normal tone.
"Now if ya excuse me, sir! I have a lot of work an' yer many question simply slow me down."

My RP Characters
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian looked to Samaki "Err.. I dunno... Last time I let my eyes off you... you disappeared on me..." he held back a quiet whimper, not to mention he had that weird dream " I-I don't... Want to be separated from you again... not right now" he said, letting Samaki's hand go
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Hey Rem, tell Claire I'll be back by three," Flynn said as he followed after Scratch.
Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scratch wrote:  "Sure thing.". The wolf hollered back.  

Outside the Inn...
The bulletin board loomed in front of them (at a not significantly tall height).  Laden with beat up papers and makeshift tacks it was a chaotic spectacle.  Maybe the only resemblance of order were black "x" marks on those jobs that have been taken already, and most were.  
The only one the trio could spot that was both legible and in one piece was labeled "Guard Duty"
Scratch meandered over to the board and idly looked over, seeing if any of the crossed out jobs told her anything, or if she'd missed one that wasn't crossed out.

"Hmm... So, You wanted to know about that missing person's case?" Se gave a quick glance away from the board, looking up and down the street to make sure no one was about to walk up to them...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"yeah," Flynn replied. "may as well have as many people looking out for clues as possible."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch glanced about to make no one was nearby, reaching in her jacket and pulling out the picture. She scooted closer to Flynn and handed it over, speaking in a somewhat hushed tone so no one could listen in, "I'm looking for a painter named Artemis. Apparently she was really close to Rom and Rem, but she's supposedly dead. It looks like she was either kidnapped or faked her own death, but I'm still not too far in my investigation..."

The picture that Scratch had given him was...
a picture of a Siberian Husky. A female with light gray fur, white fur covered her chest, stomach, neck and muzzle area. Her eyes were a deep blue. It was a tilted image of her. She was sitting at the bar table in the one of the stools, holding a tall glass filled with a blue liquid in one hand (almost as dark as her eyes), grinning and throwing a peace sign at the camera. In the background a familiar bar-tending wolf is handing a brown floppy eared dog a drink.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn looked at the image. after looking at it closely, something about it struck him. "When did you say she's supposed to have died?" he asked with a thoughtful look on his face.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"A little under two weeks ago," Scratch said, still hushed, "She was driving a cart to the next town over, but her and the horses both disappeared..." She reached to take the photo back, "I was thinking that, after I investigated the rest of the town, I'd look at the crime scene... Leaving right now might be kinda dangerous..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn handed the picture back. "yeah, sounds good," he said distractedly. "Did she happen to have a twin, or some relative that would look a lot like her?" he asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch blinked, then shook her head, "Um... Not that I've been told... Why, did you see someone like that?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"yeah, I talked to a husky who looked a lot like this at the tavern last night... or this morning it's hard to tell time here," he said. "she had a beret, and a smock that looked like it was stained with paint. Seemed to be in high spirits for a ghost."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets