Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

(( Back to this now... ))
Scratch and Zaya walked along the alleys somewhere between the vet's hideout and the suburbs. Scratch needed some air, and she wasn't comfortable with Tom around, even if Raeon had told them he'd keep to himself. They'd had the vet drop them off in a secluded area in the city, where they could gather some resources and plan their next move.

Zaya glanced over at Scratch again: she seemed so resolute now. It was like she'd managed to bottle up all of her feelings, going emotionally cold, despite what she must've been going through...

Scratch had managed to keep her composure as they destroyed her beautiful brown coat, a rare trait among raccoons, it wasn't until the razor was trimming down her fluff that she started to cry. She could barely stand to see herself in the mirror now... Male raccoons had often told her she was quite attractive, and she was happy with her rough and tumble, semi-feral appearance. That was all gone now, and she looked like a stray black dog. She'd never been too fond of dogs. Not that she didn't like Zaya: she could be friends with them, but something about domesticated species just never sat right with her. Being a wild animal had made her feel free, like humans would expect her to do things on her own, but as a dog? She felt like everyone she met from now on would assume that she needed humans to take care of her, and that killed her.

Zaya led her down an alleyway between two older looking brick buildings, then slowed near the end of it. "This is a good spot to talk for a bit..." she said, "There isn't a good place to listen in from, and the street's pretty loud outside. Also, there's a good flow of energy through here from that church across the street, so no Bad Things here..." She reached into her satchel and pulled out the half-sandwich she'd saved from earlier, leaning against the brick wall to unwrap and eat it.

Scratch sat down on concrete floor of the alley, leaning back against the other wall. Zaya took a good long look at her new disguise...
"So... What should we do now?"
Scratch sighed, "I'm not exactly sure... I don't really have a good plan in my head for finding their base yet... I mean, we could do something to lure them out and maybe track the car, but are we willing to do that?"
Zaya shrugged, "It's an idea, but it could be really dangerous: we don't exactly have our hands on a tracking beacon or anything, so we'd have to follow in our own car. Either way, we're likely to get caught..." she thought, "Hmm... Maybe I could call in a favor..."
"A favor?" Scratch asked.
"Well... I know this dog named Cruiser... He's training to be a police dog... Maybe he could help?"
Scratch cringed, "A cop? Eh... Even if I was comfortable working with one of those goons, I don't want to endanger anyone for my sake..."
Zaya sighed, "Scratch, come on, you've got to take some help here! Cruiser's a good dog, and I trust him to help us if we tell him what's going on... Besides, he's a police dog: they're SUPPOSED to risk their lives to help!"
Scratch gave Zaya a look, "Zaya, you just told me yourself that I can't go around getting people killed! What about this guy? I know you're in with all this, I've known you've been in it since Feldspar. This guy sounds like a housepet to me though!" she leaned in, putting a hand forward for emphasis, "They have no idea what goes on in the world, at least not enough to agree to risk their lives for me!"
Zaya gave another sigh of exasperation, "Scratch, if what you say is true, then Carl's in some serious danger! You can't be picky about who helps anymore!" she knelt down next to her, "Scratch, you told me you couldn't do this alone, and I said I'd help you. I owe you and Carl that. Right now, you have to let me do this..." she gave Scratch a pleading look.
Scratch sighed, staring back at Zaya for a while. Finally, she relented, "Alright... We can ask him, but I'm not pulling him into any serious danger on my account..."
Zaya gave a smile and nodded, "Alright then..." she reached out a paw to help Scratch up, and both of them rose to their feet, "Let's head to his house..." she turned to start walking.
"By the way," Scratch said, "You can't call me Scratch in front of anyone."
Zaya nodded, "So, you've thought of a name then."
Scratch nodded, "Yeah: if anyone asks, it's Daisy. That's always felt like a good name for a dog to me..."
Zaya shrugged, "Alright then. Let's go find Cruiser..."

And with that, they set off towards the suburbs...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Nowadays Trigger finds himself waiting for buses a lot more than he used to. Not that it was a surprise, or that he even minded. He used to like the solitude of a cab. In fact, he took many cab rides in the city he used to live in. That was to get away from all the noise in the city that many people claim, "never sleeps". But here, in Edge City? This was a different place. Where tall buildings seemed to cast dark shadows that stretched across whole streets and solitude was a constant companion, not a minute of paradise.
And where social transportation felt like a relief, just hanging around others seemed to lift some weight off. To know that if anything happens, other will know too.
But for that to happen the bus had to get here first. Sitting on the bench waiting, the husky took out his phone to check the time. It should be here in another ten minutes. Fifteen tops. His eyes strayed to the signal bar. None. Still...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
[;.]'/,\

Post by [;.]'/,\ »

ØH BØY ØH BØY, IT'S TIME TØ HAVE SØME FUN KIDS!
FUN FUN Trigger'S PHØNE BEGAN TØ RING. FUN FUN
FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN
I AM WATCHING YØU. I AM A FRIENDLY FELLØW WHØ IS HERE TØ HAVE FUN! YØU LØØK FUNNY!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ring.
Trigger flinched, almost dropping his phone on the spot. What had surprised him wasn't the sound of the phone, but the timing of the call. His mind had already come to the conclusion that this phone was for all intents and purposes, useless, well... Besides being able to check the time. But here it was. Trigger glanced around to see if, maybe, some else's phone had rung. Nope, it was his own.
Ring.
The husky checked the signal again. Maybe by some magic, some stroke of luck, it had started working again.
No... No signal. But it didn't change the fact that someone was, in fact, calling him at this very moment.
Ring.
Okay, next thing to check is caller ID.
Nothing. As in... Nothing. All the phone said was that he had a call. The green and red button showing up on the touch screen. "ANSWER" and "IGNORE"
Curiosity drove him to hit the green one, putting the phone to his ear.
"Hello?"

Ref Ref!
[;.]'/,\

Post by [;.]'/,\ »

I AM WATCHING YØU. I AM A FRIENDLY FELLØW WHØ IS HERE TØ HAVE FUN! YØU LØØK FUNNY!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno, gently laid Iudex on the couch, he would call the vet but he wasn't sure they could help, so he called the next best person, Mr. Caspian, and within a few seconds he got to the phone and dialed the number
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger wasn't a stranger to prank calls (which was something he thought this might be), but it didn't stop a shiver from creeping down his spine. He checked again to see if any caller ID had appeared. No... He put the phone back to his ear.
"Who is this?"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The cat opened his blurry eyes, vaguely remembering the day's events, all but his talk with Reno, "Reno?" He called from the couch in a fuller voice, "What happened?" Iudex called again. Trying to sit up, he found he couldn't, almost as if he'd been pinned down
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker walked out of his house and onto the streets. He shoved his hands in his pockets and peered around every corner and looked behind him. He was still fairly suspicious of well everything so far and was on the lookout for any of the other pets he had run into so far.
Call me Red or Harley, either is fine.

Characters:
(BsM)
Mason Castor: S-4 P-4 E-7 C-8 I-6 A-8 L-5
(EC)
Parker Vester: S-9 P-7 E-8 C-5 I-4 A-6 L-3
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch and Zaya took a few back alleys and fence-tops on their way into the Suburbs where Cruiser lived, mindful not to be seen too much or get in trouble, as Scratch's disguise was, while fairly hard to see through, completely untested, and anyone who looked would quickly see that both dogs were not Zaya, and that the International Pet Database number they shared did not check out to any owners. Zaya hopped down from the fence with practiced agility, and Scratch followed right behind her.
"Alright, this is his development, it shouldn't be much further..."

======== Parker ========
As Parker walked down the street he saw a white dog and a black dog hop down from a fence between two houses, walking out onto the sidewalk. The black dog was a completely unfamiliar mutt of some sort, but the white Borzoi stuck out immediately to him: she was one of the first dogs on the video. The two started down the sidewalk, but seemed to take an interest in crossing the street as soon as they noticed him coming their way...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker saw the two in the corner of his eye but in that short glimpse he saw something familiar. He turned to the two and remembered seeing one of the dogs in the video from before. His eyes widened and he began to jog towards them. "Hey!" he yelled towards them. "You two! Stop!" he called out.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

At home, Selina was attempting to get some research done, but no one seemed to be reporting anything similar to the weird parasite she saw controlling Matt. and a search for those men in black suits only got a buttload of alien conspiracy theories. "I'll have to check a library sometime."

she was getting tired. It didn't help that she had to keep checking all the exits to make sure nothing was trying to get her. she went to the bathroom to splash some water in her face to keep herself awake. "can't afford sleep. Those things could get me... geez, listen to how crazy I sound." as she walked to the bathroom, she passed in front of a mirror. What she saw when she glanced at it filled her with dread. Instead of her reflection, she saw a version of herself with sunken eyes. It had a cheshire grin of razor sharp teeth... and one of those giant parasites on it's back. "But we've already got you,"it said. it's voice sounded like her own, but with a high pitched echo right behind it. Selina grabbed the mirror off the wall and slammed it on the ground, shattering it. She turned back around... and her doppleganger was still there. "that's bad luck," it said.

Selina ran into her room to get away from the doppleganger. when she closed the door behind her, she found herself outside of her house. "What? but..." she noticed she was now holding a drawstring bag in her paws. she recognized it as the one Matt always carried. "how did I get this? It disappeared when Matt did." She checked inside of the bag. all that was in it was Matt's digital camera. "I'll need to check this for anything taht could help me find him... or at least know what happened to him."

"You should really stop talking to yourself," the voice of the doppleganger said, coming from right behind her. she slowly turned her head just in time to see it when it said, "people will think you're going to SNAP" and lunge with it's jaws wide open at her, threatening to devour her whole. She began to run as fast as she could down the street.

(OOC: she's running in the direction that Cruiser was an hour earlier. don't know if anyone's there now.)
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Stuff!" Scratch hissed as she glanced over at the dog across the street. "Now what?"
"Just stay cool." Zaya said, "He probably wants to talk: if we run, he'll know something's up..."
"Looks like a housepet to me..." Scratch said. She sighed, "Yeah, he probably just wants to sniff our butts or something... You should talk to him, I'll play myself off as the quiet dimwit type. You're probably a bit better at this bit than me..." she smiled and waved...
Zaya nodded, looking over and smiling and waving herself. "Hi there!" she called out, as if she was a friendly pet herself...

---- Parker ----
Parker just saw the two dogs smile and wave at him, and one of them called out in a friendly voice: "Hi there!"
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker grimaced, obviously not in a very happy-go-lucky mood. The akita approached the two and pointed at Zaya. "Zaya?" he then said, with no introduction whatsoever. He just wanted to make sure he had the right person and get this all over with as fast as we could. "Cruiser, you know him?" he then added.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zaya and Scratch both blinked. Zaya dropped the happy act and sort of just looked at him, "Yeah... I'm Zaya... And yeah, were were just on our way to see him... What's up?"
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Good luck finding the coward." he growled as he crossed his arms. "I'm assuming you've been experiencing the same..." he paused and sighed, really hating that he had to use the word. "'Paranormal activity' as I have?" he then finished, groaning at having to use such words. "Because I've been told that you're someone who can help stop it." he then said.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch and Zaya both blinked again. Scratch didn't really speak up, trying to keep a low profile, but she glanced at the nearby houses to make sure they weren't being watched.
Zaya herself grew quieter, "What... kind of 'paranormal activity' are we talking about here...?" she glanced nervously over her shoulder, down the street.
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker scoffed, nodded and started to chuckle as he pinched the bridge of his muzzle in a show of impatience. "So you do know?" he asked, tired of the games and jsut wanting to get this over with. "Quit the games, I've had a very eventful day so far." he stated impatiently.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

HarlequinRed wrote:Parker scoffed, nodded and started to chuckle as he pinched the bridge of his muzzle in a show of impatience. "So you do know?" he asked, tired of the games and jsut wanting to get this over with. "Quit the games, I've had a very eventful day so far." he stated impatiently.

Zaya raised a brow at the impatient dog, "Look, we've run into ALOT of weird stuff in our lives. Right Scra-*cough cough*, Uh, Daisy?" Zaya had totally blown it on the first try, but maybe the dog wouldn't notice she'd almost called the other dog Scratch.
Scratch glared at her for a moment, but didn't really talk.
"Anyway, lately things have actually been relatively un-supernatural, and I haven't seen Cruiser since last night, so we don't know what you're talking about."
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

He groaned at the answer, hand twitching to his baton. Parker restrained himself though and fought to find the right words. "Tall guy? Suit?" he groaned, barely managing to get the words out between his grit teeth.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zaya's eyes widened, her own hand reaching for her iron cross, "What? Where did you see him!?" she glanced around even more now...
Scratch's eyes glanced down at the hand twitching for the weapon, and her own hand twitched for her hidden combat knife...
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"He's been plaguing me, and a bunch of other pets including Cruiser for the past 24 hours!" he finally said, throwing his hands into the air.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zaya reached out and grabbed the other dog by the jacket, pulling him in, "Listen to me! I've been fighting the Tall Man for a long time now: you're all in grave danger!"
Scratch nodded, "If Cruiser's being stalked by this thing, then we need to find him right now."
Zaya looked at him with more intensity, "Where is he?"
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker immediately rebuffed Zaya from grabbing his jacket with skill. "I know!" he yelled in return. "And I don't know where he is!" he yelled, turning around and grasping the back of his head in a frustrated manner. The akita then turned around and gave a very sarcastic chuckle. "And Cruiser?" he started, still chuckling. "That coward ran the instant he saw that tall man and left me and some other pups to fend for ourselves!" he said as he remembered it so vividly.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
[;.]'/,\

Post by [;.]'/,\ »

The earliest humans probably lived primarily on scavenging, not actual hunting.
Early 'ACTUALLY, I'M PRETTY SURE HE HELPED EVERYØNE ESCAPE, humans
in the Lower AND LED EVERYØNE ØVER THE FENCE TØ GET AWAY...' Paleolithic
lived in mixed CHARLIE PØINTED ØUT IN Parker'S MIND... habitats which allowed
them to collect seafood, eggs, nuts, and fruits besides scavenging.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

HarlequinRed wrote:Parker immediately rebuffed Zaya from grabbing his jacket with skill. "I know!" he yelled in return. "And I don't know where he is!" he yelled, turning around and grasping the back of his head in a frustrated manner. The akita then turned around and gave a very sarcastic chuckle. "And Cruiser?" he started, still chuckling. "That coward ran the instant he saw that tall man and left me and some other pups to fend for ourselves!" he said as he remembered it so vividly.
Zaya shook her head, "What? That doesn't sound like Cruiser! He wouldn't abandon anyone like that!"
Scratch put up a hand to interject, "Not the point right now. The point is that we need to find him and anyone else that the Tall Man is stalking before he catches them..."
Zaya glanced over and nodded. She looked back at the dog, "Follow us. Do you know where the others went?" she started walking back int he direction of Cruiser's house...
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker shrugged. "Heck if I know." he said simply in a flustered tone as he punched the bridge of his muzzle again. "After making sure the pups were out they all scrambled and I went home to arm myself." he said simply in a frustrated tone. "After that I just came out here to see if I could find them, instead I find you." he then finished with a shrug.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch and Zaya looked at each other and nodded, still walking.
"Well..." Scratch said, "I guess this complicates matters..."
"If it's after them, we're going to have to put your problem on hold while we try to get to them before it does..." Zaya glanced back at the other dog, "You, stick with us from now on, ok? As long as you're with me you should be fine, but without something like this," she reached into her scarf to pull out her iron cross, letting him get a look at it before restashing it, "It can figure out where you are..."
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker nodded before giving a deadpan look. "Oh..." he paused as he realized there was some fact he forgot. "Does it also get rid of weird things possessing your body?" he then asked sternly.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zaya was puzzled, "Uh... No...."
The black dog looked back, "Why, is someone possessed too?"
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"A demonic dog climbed into my mouth and sometimes annoys me." he then said blandly but with a slight hint of desperation in his tone. He wanted this thing out of his head already.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

HarlequinRed wrote:"A demonic dog climbed into my mouth and sometimes annoys me." he then said blandly but with a slight hint of desperation in his tone. He wanted this thing out of his head already.
Both Zaya and Scratch stopped and looked back at that one.
"A tagalong?" Scratch asked, "That's not tha-"
"Was he grinning with human teeth?" Zaya hurriedly interrupted, a look of horror starting to appear on her face...
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Ummmmmm yeah, I can't remember," said Parker hesitantly as he tried to recall. "It was dark and he snuck up on me."

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"****-it! This is important!" Zaya growled, "Was it a Husky with a human grin and glowing red eyes?!"
Scratch furrowed her brow, trying to remember where she'd heard that description before...
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Soon after he was left on the street by Raeon, Plamen headed home. When he knocked on the door, his Mom swiftly opened with a worried expression on her face.
"Oh, Plamen!" she said "Where have you been? What happened to you? Did you fought again?"
"Mom, I'm fine! Relax!" he said "Nothing I didn't receive before."
His Dad joined the conversation "Whoa, buddy! You look like you've lost an argument with a cave bear!"
"Hey, Dad!" Plamen said "I'm fine! I just need some rest for a day or two."
His mother sighed "Alright. I won't ask again." she said "But let me help you to your bedroom, 'kay?"
The GSD smiled. His mom was always so caring "Fine, Mom!" he said "Please do lead me to my room."
The woman smiled and helped her pet to his room, where she put him in his bed. "If you need anything - just let me know."
Plamen nodded and she got out, leaving him alone in his pretty much empty room. He looked around and smiled - the sanctified by the church crosses and ikons were at their place on the doors and windows. Strange habit, but that's all. He relaxed in his bed and fell asleep.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Esper wrote:The cat opened his blurry eyes, vaguely remembering the day's events, all but his talk with Reno, "Reno?" He called from the couch in a fuller voice, "What happened?" Iudex called again. Trying to sit up, he found he couldn't, almost as if he'd been pinned down
Reno's ears twitched, that voice it was... Iudex, the real Iudex, he hung up the phone and turned, he gave a smile expecting to see his love, but what he saw a bit further, in front of his window just feet away from the couch, made him freeze in his tracks, a tall and sickly figure, hunched over, horribly long, sharp claws hanging from its hands "I-Iudex..." he barely managed
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker began to nod. "Yeah, yeah when I think about it yeah it was." he finally answered.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"****-it! This is important!" Zaya growled, "Was it a Husky with a human grin and glowing red eyes?!"
Scratch furrowed her brow, trying to remember where she'd heard that description before...
HarlequinRed wrote:Parker began to nod. "Yeah, yeah when I think about it yeah it was." he finally answered.
Zaya turned to Scratch, "I... I think he's been infected by the smiling dog..."
Scratch remembered that one. She turned to the dog, "So... You found a picture of a Husky on the computer and now he's in your head...?"
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"No," Parker said outright. "I was asleep at Cruiser's place and this guy literally wakes me up and climbs into my mouth...." he trailed off, knowing how strange that sounded. "somehow...." he then finished.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
[;.]'/,\

Post by [;.]'/,\ »

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE
HEE CHARLIE CHUCKLED IN Parker'S HEAD HEE HEE HEE HEE
HEE HEE "SHE THINKS I'M THE smile.dog. HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE
HEE HEE SHE DØESN'T KNØW I'M THE ØNE WHØ MADE IT... HEE
HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE" HEE HEE
HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE