What do you drive?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Spens

What do you drive?

Post by Spens »

Now I know a lot of you guys drive. What kind of car/truck/motorcycle/etc do drive?

Right now I'm driving a '93 Buick LeSabre Custom. Leather seats, climate control, a sick little V6 under the hood (Tops out at about 125. Not bad for an old man car :P ) and under 125000 miles.

My old beast was a 1992 Chevy Lumina. That car deserved to retire with all the hell I put it through.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: What do you drive?

Post by Sleet »

I drive a 2008 Kia Optima. It's nothing special but it's reliable. Whenever I have to replace it, I plan on getting either a Chevrolet Volt or a Tesla Model S, depending on if I'm a medical student or a doctor then.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Hehe I drive a 89 Nissan 300zx. It's technically still stock, I just added the turbo that was supposed to come with it =). Getting close to the 140k mark so all in all it's a pretty reliable car.

Me, I could care less what it tops out at. I've never tired. It's all about the acceleration to me.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I need a car. :(
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Silly Zealot wrote:.......

I need a car. :(

Dude depending on where you live, you can find pretty sweet deals on cars. I bought my Z for $750 except needed car work. Tranny swap and rebuild done, along with new mounts front and rear end, it's doing good now. So if your having problems finding car, just look around for grandpa's cars or something like a honda. Just remember though anything really under 2k is going to need some type of car work, weather it be small or extensive. I learned how to do everything on my car so it's been cheep for me. If you don't know how to work on your car though, ehh, I'd be careful and maybe buy a car around the 5k plus range instead. Or get right in the middle of a car needing TLC. Gotta start somewhere.

My opinion.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

It's not about money or availability, it's about the fact tat, despite the fact I'm about to be 21 years old, I never took a proper driving evaluation. Barely a few training rides with my father, but I haven't done any of those in a while. Money is not actually the issue with me.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Ha that's an easy one then. No one taught me how to drive clutch, but one day I bought myself a POS honda prelude (that was manual), and forced myself to learn while I drove it back to my house. Scary as heck? Yes. Sometimes you just gota throw yourself at a problem and hope you come out alive.

Again depending on where you live, weather be here in the stats or somewhere else, as long as you know what the brake and gas are used for and where they are, go and learn in a parking lot. Or on a privet road. As long as your on someone else's property and not on a public road, technically you don't need a license. I'm sure someone else can chime in to help verify that.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

If it is of any relevance, I was born and bred on Argentina, inside it's capital city of Buenos Aires, to be precise. You know, the one that got destroyed by the space bugs in Starship Troopers?

Unfortunately, I'm on college right, now, and neither I nor my father have currently much time to spare on driving lessons (poor daddy is gonna wind up dead with all the work he puts himself up to in order to pay all the bills and keep me and my siblings all happy and safe.), but, hopefully, we may get more time in July (those are the winter vacations down here, below the Ecuator).

Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Ah yup that's a different situation. Well then all I can do is wish you the best of luck. I hope all the best for you :) .

Edit: Yeah I just realized I kinda messed up this thread... sorry OP. Sorry Everybody =/.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I had a dream last night that my dad bought me a 2007 purple convertible Ferrari for $5,000. Then I woke up to my 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE, covered in dirt with its duct tape window. XP Le sigh.

Also, craigslist is a good place to look for used cars. We bought my Nissan with 66,000 miles on it (and all windows intact, I'm the dummy who locked her keys in her car) for $2,900. Everything was in perfectly good condition.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Karl

Post by Karl »

I drive a 1998 Peugeot 206 1.9 HDI. It's okay, though some elements are a bit too abstract there.

I also own an old road bike Hercules with wheels 27 x 1 1/4, but unforunately I can't ride on it as I can't get proper tires for it right now.

In future I plan to get a license for motorcycle.
I'm a bookworm!
Cashuea

Post by Cashuea »

A white 08 Honda Civic
werl

Post by werl »

I drive an 05 Ford Taurus (which isn't bad for a 17yo). At least it has a sunroof.

If there is more to life then computers, I don't want to know!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Tatsuo wrote: Dude depending on where you live, you can find pretty sweet deals on cars. I bought my Z for $750 except needed car work. Tranny swap and rebuild done, along with new mounts front and rear end, it's doing good now.
"Everybody can relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear-end. Also new rings, mufflers, a little wiring..."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Duster

Post by Duster »

I drive an old, dark green, 2000 Honda Accord. It's been a reliable tin can so far, but I can't help but wonder what having a "new" car would feel like.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Argent wrote:
Tatsuo wrote: Dude depending on where you live, you can find pretty sweet deals on cars. I bought my Z for $750 except needed car work. Tranny swap and rebuild done, along with new mounts front and rear end, it's doing good now.
"Everybody can relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear-end. Also new rings, mufflers, a little wiring..."

So basically a new car =P
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I drive an '05 Toyota Corolla Sport. It's been a great car and I've avoided so many accidents just because it's small (but not mini-cooper small). I'm lucky. x3
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

I drive a 91 Honda civic hatch. Four and half people can "fit" in it. x3
It needs lots of transmission work, however, due to the amount of time and money it needs invested, it's not worth fixing once the transmission dies as it is nearing 200 thousand miles
I also have a 88 Porsche 944 that needs 3000+ dollars worth of engine and cosmetic work. I hope to have it running one day when I have the money and time to get to where it is.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

A Black Infinity QX4. I named her Jenny *shot*
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My car is named Orphanslayer.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Duster

Post by Duster »

Sleet wrote:My car is named Orphanslayer.
I sure hope cars aren't named like swords....
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

They are.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

I'm not old enough to drive yet, but I hope to have a white EG ('92-'95) Civic coupe as my first car.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I ride a bike.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I'd like to be able to ride a bike if I wanted to go somewhere, but seeing how the nearest place I could really go and do something is about 3 miles away on a road that some people drive 70MPH on (Despite the 50MPH speed limit), it would be dangerous and not worth the time to cycle there and back.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

You guys ever thought about a motorcycle? =P
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

I drive a 95' Pontiac Grand Prix with a 3.1L V6, 176horsepower. My baby has 121k miles on it, and I bought it with very little problems, for a nice $2200. The Radio didn't work, that was the problem. The car is in a little worse condition now after the year I have had it, only cause i put her in the ditch twice :cry: I live somewhere where there is a lot of snow, so both times were during the winter when my car lost traction and i went down. I had to get minor body work and a new strut done and thats it so i got lucky.
Yes, I am a furry.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Tatsuo wrote:You guys ever thought about a motorcycle? =P
Bicycles are better. :P

But I'd like to get a car a 1966 VW Beetle.
Panda Panda Panda
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Punchy wrote: Bicycles are better. :P

Then I'd slap a 50cc motor on there.
Punchy wrote:
a 1966 VW Beetle.
:mrgreen:
Muse

Post by Muse »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like you all to meet Ivan. He is my 8th car, my third 2nd-gen (1995-99) Subaru Legacy wagon, and my second 1995 Subaru Legacy L wagon.
He's also my first car with a manual.
I picked him up with no exhaust, and no back window for just $200. He's got just over 200,000 miles on the clock, and I'm slowly modifying him.
Mods list:
Third-generation (2000-04) Outback bumper, modified to fit
Thule roof rack w/two (broken) bike carriers (came with car. need replacement of some parts.)
Custom-built mesh grille
Third-gen driver's seat (More lower back support)
2004 Outback six-cd changer/am/fm/weather band radio, front door speakers
Door tweeters
Carbon-fiber shift boot (Because, racecar. :lol: )
JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) Momo steering wheel.
Soon to come:
Hurst T-grip shift knob
Rear strut tower brace (Have it, need to install)
Unequal length header (same)
2002 WRX springs (from a friend) and struts (real cheap through my work)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
Vulpes

Post by Vulpes »

I've got an old '96 Mitsubishi Lancer. Goes well for an oldie, and is a manual, so I'll be able to get a manual liscence when I get off my learners'.
Got her for a cheap $300.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I own a nearly eight year old Skoda Octavia Tour.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

It'd be the future when everyone who lives in a city only uses a standard bike when possible. It's happening a lot in certain countries, even London is pushing it to some degree (Yes, I know London isn't a country). Look at some of the most powerful countries in Asia, bikes are very common over there.

Mod Edit: Sorry, we still don't allow discussion of controversial topics.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

One issue with bikes is that they can't carry as much as cars. Sometimes people need to transport more than just themselves.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

yeah, I realize that. Sorry, I was actually thinking about it when putting it into my original response, but thought it unnecessary for whatever reason. More often than not, the most you'll have to carry other than yourself would be a passenger... In a world where everybody has a bike, or it's like the system in London, that'd be fine. For other times, cars still need to exist.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

...and what can carry the most? trucks :) i've got a beautiful '92 Chevy Silverado with 85,858 or so miles on it, runs amazing, fun as heck to drive, and it's got an equalizer in it(an actual one, so i can modify how my music sounds more). Comfy as heck seats, lots of interior space, and very cool beige color that goes from a light to dark color and even looks silver in the right light, and it's got a matching top (can't post a pic now, but i can soon). Funny thing is, my parents said no big trucks and nothing over 5000$, this is (obviously) a big truck and cost 7000$. Boy am I one lucky son of a loving family (most of the time : ) haha

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Muse

Post by Muse »

Dude, a '92 with only 85k? That is amazing!

I'm actually looking at buying a nearly destroyed '04 Legacy wagon from a friend for $300, to use for upgrading parts on this one.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

ROFL, and yeah it IS amazing, i love driving it so much that I've decided that when my dad presents me with a choice of keeping that or being given his 2001 Toyota Tundra (which i have been looking forward to getting for years) i'm going to keep the Chev cause I love it so much! In fact, my older brother has a Blue 96 Chevy Silverado that he did an engine swap on (the engine in it was just fine..., but now he has a Corvette engine in there (LS2 i'm pretty sure), sounds BEASTLY, and is Hella fast, also got a new tailpipe system, looks bad as heck (and it's a sleeper : )> .

I remember my brother and his best friend, before my dad gave my brother HIS Chevy, bought an old Subaru legacy gl 5-speed, ........ for six dollars <------(not a typo) and they learned how to drive manny tranny (as i call it)and bashed the heck out of that thing, and his friend even put in some videos of bashing in a video he did for a thing for school (was a big project, a festival type thing). after they bashed the car beyond drivability, recognition, etc.they sold it for parts/scrap and made money off of it :) Geniuses :twisted:

HP! Messenger
Muse

Post by Muse »

I actually used to have an '84 Dodge Ram D100. Rear wheel drive with a 318 V8 engine. So much fun to drive. Okay, that's a lie. It was a horrible thing to attempt to reach any semblance of high speeds. Took forever to get to them, and once there, WOOOOOOAH, what a frightening experience... But the burnouts, man.... SO much fun! I drove it for a year or so. And went through seven (junkyard) tires in that time span.
-Mark Twain
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

American V8 FOR THE WIN huh? :)
And the burn outs are fun in my truck too, actually it has drum brakes in the rear, so if i only press on the brake pedal halfway, i do a looooooooooooooooooooong burnout:)
and when i rev it, it lurches forward like "yeah man, lets GO!!"

HP! Messenger