Arc 30: The Present

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
User avatar
ctcmjh
Posts: 6020
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by ctcmjh »

Ebly wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:
Ebly wrote: actually, i was surprised that you and chewy are guys

i was pointing out more of sasha's silliness
have you guys already forgotten two comics ago?
I get that a lot here...
And does that mean you're not a girl, or are you?
i could have a lot of fun with this, but i really don't think i'm feminine enough to pull off androgyny
lol. :lol:

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5028
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by IceKitsune »

Ebly wrote:i AM a girl, silly



i think
And this is why you do not make posts at 3 am you forget very obvious things like this. I now admit I'm most likely wrong but in my defense she was a puppy at the time.

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7092
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by GameCobra »

You know, i can't believe i never thought of this until now. I wonder what the chances are that Sasha's musical talent will reach Keys and Fiddler? I suddenly got this idea of Sasha playing the piano for cats!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

User avatar
ChewyChewy
Posts: 5460
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
Ebly wrote: actually, i was surprised that you and chewy are guys

i was pointing out more of sasha's silliness
have you guys already forgotten two comics ago?
I get that a lot here...
And does that mean you're not a girl, or are you?
I think that's the first time I got that....

Anyway, I hope my lines for Joel/King clears that up....

(Starting to sound like that Mr. Bigglesworth comic....)
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com

User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8822
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dissension »

IceKitsune wrote:...what other evidence could we have been ignoring there have been no hints until this arc that she was anything other then what she appeared to be which was an airhead.

Edit: Truthfully it doesn't really matter because anything you say is evidence of her being just a scatterbrain I could just as easily say she's acting and vica versa.
"I'll just ignore your evidence and twist it to my own perception."

As of [this] comic, Sasha seems to have some knowledge of radiography. Specifically, that small transmitters and antennae have a limited range compared to larger ones. For a praying mantis to transmit to a (presumably distant) mothership would require a series of repeater stations. The size of a praying mantis indicates a small transmitter and the length of its antennae is indicative of a very high-frequency radio, probably above the cell phone band (~1300 mHz).

Sasha also seems to grasp the reality of the situation pretty well [here], too. Her analysis of the situation, especially in the last panel, indicates more awareness than your typical airhead.
rickgriffin wrote:Diss is literally the Devil

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5028
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by IceKitsune »

Dissension wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:...what other evidence could we have been ignoring there have been no hints until this arc that she was anything other then what she appeared to be which was an airhead.

Edit: Truthfully it doesn't really matter because anything you say is evidence of her being just a scatterbrain I could just as easily say she's acting and vica versa.
"I'll just ignore your evidence and twist it to my own perception."

As of [this] comic, Sasha seems to have some knowledge of radiography. Specifically, that small transmitters and antennae have a limited range compared to larger ones. For a praying mantis to transmit to a (presumably distant) mothership would require a series of repeater stations. The size of a praying mantis indicates a small transmitter and the length of its antennae is indicative of a very high-frequency radio, probably above the cell phone band (~1300 mHz).

Sasha also seems to grasp the reality of the situation pretty well [here], too. Her analysis of the situation, especially in the last panel, indicates more awareness than your typical airhead.
Ok I understand where your coming from on this one and really I should have picked up on the first one but then again I made my post at like 3 in the morning so I wasn't working at a 100% when I went looking for evidence. The second one however shows that she is perceptive of peoples feelings not having actual book smarts and really you can be an airhead and still be empathetic to people. Not having empathy implies that you are a psychopath not an airhead.
Edit: fixed spelling

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!
Posts: 4617
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:50 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Still mad at Rick for breaking his habit and breaking my heart. :<
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Image
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)

User avatar
Typhon
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:16 am
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Typhon »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Still mad at Rick for breaking his habit and breaking my heart. :<
Break your heart?

User avatar
metaecho
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 1:09 am
Location: Fonduistan

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by metaecho »

Typhon wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Still mad at Rick for breaking his habit and breaking my heart. :<
Break your heart?
you know, like with a karate chop. HIGH-YAH!

as for the new strip: avatar time! I guess that the arc has ended (awesome hangliding enthustiast skills, no?).
HELLO THERE
Image

User avatar
Cerberusx
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: United States, Florida

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Cerberusx »

[*]Edited[*]
Posted in wrong spot.
Last edited by Cerberusx on Mon May 24, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."

User avatar
Teh Brawler
Posts: 5133
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Teh Brawler »

Just giving the heads-up that this thread needs to be locked.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN

Dr. Prower
Posts: 1446
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dr. Prower »

Cerberusx wrote:The baseball out-fit was by far the best one. He looked almost like he is part of a gang, or a punk or something, which would be pretty cool.
Yeah, he looked pretty cute in that one.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image

Ebly
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Location: Imagination!

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Ebly »

you do realise that discussing one-offs in a topic about the previous arc constitutes derailing, right?
I was going to make a joke but then I did.

Dr. Prower
Posts: 1446
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dr. Prower »

Ebly wrote:you do realise that discussing one-offs in a topic about the previous arc constitutes derailing, right?
It does? Oh.....

my bad.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image

User avatar
ctcmjh
Posts: 6020
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by ctcmjh »

I know the arc is over, but I can't help but thinking:

Sasha in panel 3 reminds me of a velociraptor for some strange reason.

Ebly
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Location: Imagination!

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Ebly »

Well the point is this topic isn't locked so we can discuss things like that even though the arc's over. *giggles*
I was going to make a joke but then I did.

Dr. Prower
Posts: 1446
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dr. Prower »

ctcmjh wrote:I know the arc is over, but I can't help but thinking:

Sasha in panel 3 reminds me of a velociraptor for some strange reason.
LOL she reminds you of a dinosaur? XD
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image

User avatar
ctcmjh
Posts: 6020
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by ctcmjh »

It's the way she's holding her arms, and the expression on her face.

What? You don't see it? Here, look at this then:
Image
How 'bout now?

User avatar
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura
Posts: 4011
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by 44R0NM10 »

She kind've reminds me of a T-Rex to be honest...

In all honesty...you were even specific about the type of dino!

and in second looks...I'm seeing it!

Dr. Prower
Posts: 1446
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dr. Prower »

Oh, yeah, now I see it.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image

Dr. Prower
Posts: 1446
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dr. Prower »

To everyone that said Sasha never did anything to make herself seem like an airhead, read this strip: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/09/ ... eed-apart/
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image

User avatar
Kyderra
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Kyderra »

ctcmjh wrote:It's the way she's holding her arms, and the expression on her face.

What? You don't see it? Here, look at this then:
Image
How 'bout now?
... girls are like velociraptor?
it all makes sense now.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"

User avatar
Typhon
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:16 am
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Typhon »

Kyderra wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:It's the way she's holding her arms, and the expression on her face.

What? You don't see it? Here, look at this then:
Image
How 'bout now?
... girls are like velociraptor?
it all makes sense now.
Hey, don't stereotype. Some are like tyrannosaurs too.

User avatar
The Game
Posts: 3920
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by The Game »

Typhon wrote:
Kyderra wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:It's the way she's holding her arms, and the expression on her face.

What? You don't see it? Here, look at this then:
Image
How 'bout now?
... girls are like velociraptor?
it all makes sense now.
Hey, don't stereotype. Some are like tyrannosaurs too.
and some are like smackasaureses

Dr. Prower
Posts: 1446
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dr. Prower »

wow, this topic has been unlocked! It's a miracle! Let's hug Sasha to celebrate!
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image

User avatar
Alex
Posts: 3792
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: End of Time
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Alex »

Yeah, but I think everything about this arc has already been discussed.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image

Dr. Prower
Posts: 1446
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dr. Prower »

We can talk about why Bino didn't want to stop being a cheapskate for two seconds and give his girlfriend a valentine's day gift on time.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5028
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by IceKitsune »

Dr. Prower wrote:We can talk about why Bino didn't want to stop being a cheapskate for two seconds and give his girlfriend a valentine's day gift on time.
He's terrible with romance and didn't think he had to do anything for her to keep her around because he knew that she would just comeback to him anyway.

User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8822
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dissension »

Or Bino has a terrible memory and forgot all about St. Valentine's Day.
rickgriffin wrote:Diss is literally the Devil

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5028
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by IceKitsune »

Or that

Dr. Prower
Posts: 1446
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Contact:

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Dr. Prower »

IceKitsune wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:We can talk about why Bino didn't want to stop being a cheapskate for two seconds and give his girlfriend a valentine's day gift on time.
He's terrible with romance and didn't think he had to do anything for her to keep her around because he knew that she would just comeback to him anyway.
That kind of attitude could cost him his girlfriend.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image

User avatar
Macsen
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Location: Orlando, FL USA

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Macsen »

"in D minor" xD
Image
Image

Post Reply