Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Rikki turned to Frank, responding "Ah, so I've heard. So are you going to introduce me to your friend here? Or should I introduce myself?"
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

"Oh right, this sleepy guy here is Zeke. He's a fox, he-" Frank checked for the Nanny, "-escaped earlier today and was socially deprived. We got him a dose of social. Where you from them, Rikki?"
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke shook his head to wake himself, then nodded at Matt. The overwhelming scene of guilt consumed him. He picked himself up and waddled up the stairs, forcing a fake smile on his face. "Hey Shelly. What are you doing here?"

"Oh Zeke! I was so worried!" Shelly gave him the 'Overzealous' hug, and he winced under the force.

"Not... So... Much!" He uttered between breaths. She immediately let go, putting her hands on her shoulders, smiling at him. "Oh why on earth did you leave the yard Zeke? You had me worried!"

"umm... I saw a shiny! it was kindda pretty, so I picked it up. Haden't seen one before. but then, those awful dogs!" he forced a shudder, "I'm just glad Frank and..." he thought for a moment, " And that guy came when they did!"

"You poor thing!"
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

There it was. Rikki kept thinking it in the back of his head, but only now had someone finally mentioned it. He was able to leave Jack whenever he pleased, and do whatever he wanted to, but real pets...
"That's... I'm from the forest, I live with the ranger. So, they keep him locked in a cage or something?"
He began to have a bad feeling about Matt too. Did he do anything like that to Frank? He seemed far from the type, but you can never tell with people... And Kyra? Cale? Now Rocky? No. He'd missed a few things. He needed to keep his mind open a bit longer.... He threw off his worries.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
FunkyChickenFace

"Glad to be of service, ma'am," said Matt, who had followed Zeke up the steps. "We're just happy to return a lost pet to his owners, who we're sure take good care of him!"

---

Frank looked askance at Rikki, shocked and disturbed at what he'd just heard.

"Lock Zeke in a cage?! **** NO!! Zeke's family is richer than Bill Gates, and that's saying something! They have enough money to construct elaborate and excessive structures to prevent his wandering. They also leave him in the care of the nanny and barely interact with him. On the other hand, he gets free internet, free TV, and probably a gourmet chef to make his food. What's the forest like in contrast?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki was slightly calmed by the response, even if he was yelling. As long as Frank thought it was crazy to lock someone in a cage, Matt must be good to him. The more he thought of it, Frank seemed to even have a job, and enjoyed himself, so Matt must be a fine... 'parent' for him.
"Well... I don't know who Bill Gates is, but as long as he's not in a cage, I guess..." he really didn't have a response... Did Frank just have an outburst at him? Was he angry at him for being concerned about Zeke? What had Zeke "escaped" if all this was the case? His mind buzzed with new thoughts and questions... He needed to ask Jack some things later...
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"Can I stay Shelly? Just for the night? There reeeeeeealy nice to me!"

"Well, I guess it would be ok. your parents wont be back for a while."

"I still say my mom was a fox, but whatever"

She laughed at him. "Your so silly sometimes" She pulled a business card and tucked it in to Zeke's bandana "Call me if you need anything, but be home tomorrow!" she stood up, and turned to Matt, whispering to him "Nothing bads gonna happen, right?" Her smile hid a sharp edge. "And you give me your number?"
~Rubin
Neko

Post by Neko »

(Done over IRC)

<Zander> Rocky walked up the stairs a few steps behind Cale. As he entered the room he found Cale asking a question. "no! I mean, no. It's your bed, let me sleep on the floor

<Neko> "Alright" Cale laid back in his bed.

<Zander> Rocky unfolded the covers and layed them the way he guessed they would be laid out. He crawled under them and felt how soft the comforter was below him. It was a long shot from sleeping outside without any blankets or beds.

<Neko> Cale stared at the ceiling, "Rocky, how old are you?"

<Zander> Rocky thought about the simple question. But the more he thought about it the more he realized that he didn't know. "well, I spent 2 and 1/2 years in he shelter... And 3 and 1/2 years in the training camp... So somewhere around 6?" Come to think of it, he didn't know his birthday either.

<Neko> Cale was silent for a moment. "I guess that makes you my big brother, I'm only 4."

<Zander> Rocky was surprised, "you act more mature than you are" rocky added.

<Neko> "You think so? I never thought of myself like that..." Cale rolled over and looked at Rocky.

<Zander> "well, yeah. You make more mature decisions than someone your age would usually make." Rocky didn't really know how mature he was compared to other pets, but compared to 4 year olds at the shelter, he was an adult.

<Neko> "Thanks but you sound a lot more mature then me. Just like a big brother should be..." There he went again expressing his inner feelings. Something he was not used to doing.

<Zander> Rocky liked being called "big brother" it made him feel like he had meaning in this world. Rocky couldn't help but ask "W-what is a birthday?" Rocky new he would sound stupid asking, but he needed to know.

<Neko> Cale was surprised by Rocky's question, had he never celebrated his birthday? "Well, a birthday is the day when you were born. Like for me I was born on December 6th, so every year on that day I get a year older and I get a birthday party."

<Zander> "a party?" Rocky asked "like the one we went to today?

<Neko> "Well sort of... A usual birthday party has cake,presents and party games."

<Zander> Rocky felt stupid. All this stuff seemed foreign to him. "how do I find out my birthday?"

<Neko> "Well you're probably a registered pet, so it should be recorded somewhere. I don't know who you would have to see to find out." Cale was feeling bad for Rocky, the poor guy didn't even know his own birthday.

<Zander> Rocky didn't remember if he was registered or not. He was the result of an accident in the shelter where the different genders were accidentally let out of there cages at the same time.

<Neko> "You don't know your birthday?" Cale asked.

<Zander> "I don't think so.." rocky replied.

<Neko> "I feel so bad for you Rocky, I couldn't imagine living the life you've had. I'm glad we ran into each other today..."

<Zander> "It's ok... I'm here and that's all that matters right?" Rocky scooted around on the floor to get a better position.

<Neko> "Yea.." Cale laid back down, looking up at the ceiling. "Well, Good night...Big Brother."

<Zander> "Good night...Brother..." Rocky almost Instantly fell asleep when he closed his eyes, caused by the comfyness of the comforter, and the early morning.

<Neko> Cale closed his eyes and fell asleep, glad to finally have a brother of his own.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
FunkyChickenFace

Rubin wrote:"Can I stay Shelly? Just for the night? There reeeeeeealy nice to me!"

"Well, I guess it would be ok. your parents wont be back for a while."

"I still say my mom was a fox, but whatever"

She laughed at him. "Your so silly sometimes" She pulled a business card and tucked it in to Zeke's bandana "Call me if you need anything, but be home tomorrow!" she stood up, and turned to Matt, whispering to him "Nothing bads gonna happen, right?" Her smile hid a sharp edge. "And you give me your number?"
"Ma'am, I never make any promises to anybody, but I will do my best to ensure that Zeke comes to no harm," said Matt, giving her a business card. "Here's my phone number."

----

Frank took a deep breath. Fwoo. THAT had been a rather nasty shock to his system. The idea of pets being stuffed in metal cages....

"So, Rikki, you never answered my question. What's it like in the forest?"
Last edited by FunkyChickenFace on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Shelly took the card and stuffed it away in her bag. Turning back to Zeke, she patted his head. "Be good Zeke"

"I will Shelly" Zeke Smiled back.

With that, She turned on the spot and walked out the door before anyone had another word about it.
as soon as she was out of sight, Zeke let out a sigh of relief. "Never did get that woman. Shes nice tho, so I'm happy." He looked up at Matt, this time with a genuine smile. "T-thanks! That scared me soooo much! I'm so glad you helped me!"
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

"He, no probs Zeke," said Matt, patting him on the head. "How was your evening? I saw you with that other fox, how'd it go?"
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"It was... Good," He could feel himself blushing. "and she, She was great! her name was Sam, and she came out of nowhere, like an angle in the night!" He gestured grandly, "She thought me how to dance!
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

"He, you should tell her what you think about her!" said Matt, going to a nearby closet and getting out a comforter, pillow, and blanket. "She'll be flattered, maybe even go on a date with you! Anyway, if you're staying over, we'll need to figure out where you're staying. We've pretty much secluded the residential area downstairs, but basements get kinda cold at night. Do you want to sleep on the sofa upstairs instead?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki had to think about it. What was live in the forest like? It was just... life. How could he explain it right to a housepet like Frank?
"Well.... It's.... it's got alot of food and stuff. Looking for good food is the main thing about it.... um..." He had a thought. "I know! No one 'owns' you or anything" he used little finger quotes for that "So you don't have anyone to tell you what to do or what not to do, but it also means that if you want something, you have to go find it. So if you're hungry, you have to find food. If you're bored, you have to find something entertaining to do. If you're tired, you need a place to sleep, and if you don't have one, you have to find one. Right?" He hoped that was a good enough explanation for Frank, he wasn't sure if he'd understand what he was saying entirely.
FunkyChickenFace

Frank considered thoughtfully.

"You know... that sounds simultaneously wonderful and terrifying. So how do you cope with the possibility that you might not actually get anything to eat on a given day?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki thought and shrugged "I dunno, that never really bothered me: there's always enough food that you find enough when you need it. If there isn't... Well... Nature sort of sorts that out, and by that, I mean I broaden my horizons as to what food is, if you know what I mean." He gave a mild smirk: he liked broadening that horizon.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Frraaaaaankk! You done yet? Enya called out while on the couch, sipping some iced tea. She was still in a fluster as Frank had just become her boyfriend in such a short time.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"I guess ill sleep were ever. I don't really care. it cant get colder then the attic!"
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

Frank wondered what Rikki could possibly mean about broadening horizons.

"So like what, earthworms?" He turned as Enya called. "Actually, you might want to hear this, Rikki here is from the forest! It's really interesting stuff!"

(yay for petocratic bad conclusions)

---

"The attic?!" asked Matt, aghast, "Who would relegate a pet to the attic?!! Those imbecilic barbarians!!!"
Last edited by FunkyChickenFace on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"....Um.... No... I mean, not that I've ever had the chance..." Rikki looked over at the seemingly female cat. Frank had forgotten about her over there, but now he was calling her over. He waved in a friendly manner as she got up "Hi!"
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
FunkyChickenFace

Frank went pale.

"W-what do you m-mean?" he asked.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"Oh no! They don't make me sleep there, its just, there's so little to do some days..." he looked up, counting on his fingers, "Lets just say, there aren't many places that I haven't slept!"
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

Matt sighed in relief. And here he was, thinking he'd have to call the ASPCA on their butts.

"Well, that's good. How about you share a room with Frank? It'll be warmer than in the studio or on the couch, though I'll warn you that he sings in his sleep."
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"really?" he laughed, "Lemme guess, he sings Frank Senatrai, doesn't he?"
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

Matt laughed. "Yup, he once woke me up from his singing. I woke up and he was belting out:

And LET THE RECORDS SHOOWW!!! I TOOK THE BLOOOWS!! AND DID IT... MYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyy WWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Then I threw a pillow at him and went back to sleep. It was pretty funny in the morning."

Matt turned out to have a pretty good baritone.

(Thrasher should post a response by Enya to Frank!!!)
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Frank, honey you singing?" Enya asked as she got up, hearing Matt belt out that strange song. She went up the stairs and met with her boyfriend. She held Frank's hand and faux-pouted. "Frank, Enya lonely. You leave me on couch I nothing doing but drink the tea. Oh....who are they friends??" Enya asked, looking at Rikki and Matt.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
FunkyChickenFace

thrasherblades wrote:"Frank, honey you singing?" Enya asked as she got up, hearing Matt belt out that strange song. She went up the stairs and met with her boyfriend. She held Frank's hand and faux-pouted. "Frank, Enya lonely. You leave me on couch I nothing doing but drink the tea. Oh....who are they friends??" Enya asked, looking at Rikki and Matt.
"Sorry dear," said Frank, give her another kiss, "Rikki here's a raccoon from the forest! He was just telling me about the differences between pet life and forest life. Matt over there is my Dad, and he's talking to Zeke, the fox. I think there's a husky sleeping in the sound booth too."

(yaythrasherposted!!)
FunkyChickenFace

Frank cradled Enya close as he replied to Rikki.

"Huh. Well, I guess forest life isn't THAT bad," he said, scratching an ear.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"Well, That dose sound interesting!" He was still oblivious of the fact he mispronounced 'Sinatra', "Well, ill do my best to get to sleep tonight. do you have a pen and pad I could use? And Hey! Were is my collar anyway?"
~Rubin
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Yeah." Said Rikki, "It has its own ups and downs, but I don't want you to think badly of it..."
FunkyChickenFace

"Oh right, here it is," said Matt, reaching into thin air and popping it out of a magical box a drawer in the side of the steps. "We normally use this drawer to hold small percussion instruments when we're recording. Why do you need a pad and pen?"

----

"On the contrary, old sport, I think it sounds absolutely wonderful! We should organize and safari at some point in the future."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Hey, bug me whenever you have time, I'll take you out there and show you the place."

(( Including the old temple that no one knows how to get into *wink wink* ))

Rikki then thought of Kyra, sleeping in that glass room "Listen, I need to take Kyra back so she can get some sleep, so I'll see you around."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke blushed. "Oh, You know, this and that!"
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

(sorry thrasher, but due to popular demand, I'm going to have to fast forward Enya home. Don't kill me!)

Frank grinned.

"Thank's for coming Rikki! I should probably get Enya here home too." With Rikki staying behind to wake up Kyra without getting chomped, Frank and Enya left for her home. After some wrong turns and kissing scene in the bushes, Frank got Enya home, where she went straight to bed, exhausted but deliriously happy that she'd got a boyfriend on her first day here. Frank headed back home, singing "Fly Me to the Moon" loudly enough to sing but quiet enough to not wake the neighbors.

"Hmmm," he said to himself, "Zeke should probably sleep in my room tonight. It's warmer there. Though I'll have to warn him that I sing in my sleep."

---

Matt grinned.

"O hoho! Romantic poetry, eh? Well, I'll let you get on that. Let me show you Frank's room." He opened a secluded doorway behind the sound booth that led to a small hallway with two bedrooms on either side and a bathroom at the end.
"Right, so the one on the left is mine, the one on the right is yours and Frank's," said Matt, opening the corresponding door. "And the one on the end is the bathroom, with shower, jacuzzi bathtub, sink, etc." He set about the bedding and was soon finished. "Let me just get you that pad and pen. Anything else you need while I'm gone?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Oh ooh so this is racoon what looking like no??? Racoon cute!!! Enya said, embracing the furry creature for the first time. "Hahaha sorry sorry I first time is meeting this creature from forest you know. I no knowledge on this animal. Everyday in Saudi Arabia see only cats. Here cat there cat eveywhere is meow meow... Enya said, laughing.
FunkyChickenFace

thrasherblades wrote:"Oh ooh so this is racoon what looking like no??? Racoon cute!!! Enya said, embracing the furry creature for the first time. "Hahaha sorry sorry I first time is meeting this creature from forest you know. I no knowledge on this animal. Everyday in Saudi Arabia see only cats. Here cat there cat eveywhere is meow meow... Enya said, laughing.
TIMEWARP NINJUTSU

INSERT QUOTE BEFORE RIKKI SAID GOOD BYE

THAT IS ALL

(I can't think of any Frank dialogue for this)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki let out a surprised squeak as the stranger hugged him, babbling about him being cute in broken English. (He did not recognize the accent at all) Why did she find him "cute" anyway? They were both fuzzy animals, and she wasn't even a full foot taller than him. He pushed her off after she'd had her hug. "Um... Yes.... My name is Rikki, and I'm a raccoon. 'Saw-dee A-ray-buh', I suppose that's where you're from? Where is that, Oregon? I've never heard of it..."
He looked around, "In any case, I really should be going now. So it was nice meeting you both, I'll see you another time." With that, he walked to the glass room where Kyra was. He quieted down and softly laid a paw on her to wake her. "Kyra? Wake up, we're going now..."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"Nope," taking the stationary and the blankets. "thanks for everything tho!" with that, he wrapped himself in the blanket, hopped across the room, tripped into the corner, freed his hands, and held the pen and paper ready, lingering in the gray area between Dreamland and Reality.

(and with that, I say goodnight.)
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

(The following consists of dialogue between Frank and Matt. No colors will be used afterwards to save time]
Frank arrived home.

"Yo Dad!" he said as he walked in.
"In here!" called Matt from the kitchen. He leaned on the counter, beer in hand.
"How're everybody?" asked Frank.
"Rikki left a while ago and Kyra, the husky, is sleeping in the studio. Zeke's sleeping in your room. I figured you wouldn't mind."
"Did you tell him about the singing?"
"Yes."
"Good. Well then, I'm gonna go slee -YAWN- eeeep," said Frank. "Enjoy poisoning your liver, Dad."
"As if nip's any better."
"True. Night."
"G'night."
Frank tramped down the steps and into the residential area. He noticed that Zeke had nodded off in the corner. Frank didn't actually have a bed, he preferred pulling the blankets and such around him and forming a warm, cozy ball of soft cotton and down. As per this custom, he lay down on the blankets and pulled it around and about until he'd formed a nest of blankets.
"Ahh..." he sighed, "That was a great party...." He soon was out like a light.

---

Meanwhile, Matt downed the last of his beer and considered the purpose of life. Deciding that it was too painful to think about at this time of night ("Holy crap, it's already 10:30!!), he trooped down stairs as well. He changed out of his clothes, threw on a pair of pajama bottoms and a light t-shirt, turned off the light, and collapsed onto the bed.
"Ugh, so tired," he groaned. He rolled over, found the edge of the sheets, and clambered in. He too soon nodded off.

(And with that, I say: Goodnight, and Goodluck to all)
Last edited by FunkyChickenFace on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Kyra is sound asleep. 'Well...she was pretty tired...' Rikki thought. He didn't want to leave her in this room, so he hoisted her up onto his shoulders and carried her out up the stairs on his back. "Hey, Kyra fell asleep, and I don't want to carry her all the way to the Ranger's station. Is it ok if she stays here?", he knew he was asking for something, but they were nice, and had alot of lodging space....