Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:[Rubin, where do you LIVE?!]
(( Russia. Please keep OOC stuff like this to the OOC thread. ))
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke was stunned, "T-that Sounds like something you might see on one of those Daytime drama shows! That's insane! by the way, what do you mean, nipping?
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

"Nipping is slang for the act of perusing catnip recreationally," replied Frank, "Catnip is an herb that gives most cats an euphoric feeling. Oh man, it's so awesome you can't even describe it. It's like everything about life wants to give you a hug and make you feel as happy as can be. You can just eat the fresh stuff. Tastes like mint. The dried stuff you can snort, smoke, or chew. However, it definitely doesn't taste as good chewed if its dry. That's why if I have dried nip like so," he held up a box of dried catnip, "I steep it in hot water to make Catnip Tea. Tastes reeeeaaalll nice. I heard that you can even burn the stuff as incense, though I wouldn't try that in my basement."
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"That sounds amazing! I wanna try some!"

Zeke would had jumped out of his seat, if it weren't for the seat-belt. "So, how long till we get to the thingy... the store? Thats another thing- wait, iv already said that," He was so excited at the prospect of doing all these new things that he almost couldn't contain himself

Zeke was wide eyed looking at all the lights and the food on the shelves. It was like his pantry back home, but much more crowded. He grinned form ear to ear.
Last edited by Rubin on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

"Kid. I'm sorry, but catnip will not work for you." said Frank, "That's why you get anise infused tripe instead! I don't get how you canids get so high off tripe..."
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke cocked his head to the side. "That's like catnip, right?"
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

"What, anise? Yes, but I'm told it tastes terrible raw. That's why they infuse tripe with it, y'know? It masks the bitterness of anise quite nicely. Here, try one." Frank surreptitiously opened a box of anise-tripe and handed a piece to Zeke. It had the texture of beef jerkey but was slightly moist from the anise marinade the tripe had been steeped in (for TWO WHOLE DAYS to pack in that EXTRA FLAVOR!!)
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"Were do you keep all of these boxes? That was like, 'Oh you mean this?' and POOF!" He extenuated the poof by waving his hands, "There it is!"

tentatively, Zeke reached into the box, and took a piece. "It feels kinda slimy, like that nasty stuff they made me eat in Russia." nervously, he went for a small nibble. He didn't like the taste at first, and his face showed it, but something made him want to keep eating it. piece by piece, the tripe disappeared, leaving the now smiling Zeke quite happy. he felt like his nose was tingling. he tried to look to see if there was anything on it, but only managed to go cross eyed.

[Last post till morning. I kept my promise, it is now 12:08]
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

"Hehe, lightweight," said Frank easily, snorting back a pinch of catnip snuff. "Aaaah, that's the stuff."

He quickly hid the two open boxes among the groceries that Matt had obtained while somehow not noticing that they were sampling the merchandise. Grabbing a piece of string, he tied Zeke to the cart in case the effects of the anise got him a little TOO happy and he went careening off down the aisles. The amount of groceries (4 Economy Size Boxes Bibbles Brand Anise Infused Tripe, 1 10 lbs. bag of Universal Studios Kibble (for Cats and Dogs!), 4 kilos of live and dry catnip of various flavors, and a giant lava-lamp) should be enough to keep him still. Frank went off in search of some party music, leaving Zeke to experience the range of sensations that a first-timer should experience with minimum outside influence.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

thrasherblades wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:Jacob's ears shot up. "I heard something about a shooting range. Where is it at? I've always wanted to fire a gun at something. You know, not living, of course."
"Aha!" Shep exclaimed, putting his arm around Jacob. He looked around and beckoned him to come nearer. "Just for you.." whispered the husky as he looked around again, making sure no one was eavesdropping. "I'm gonna give ya a grand tour of our basement's shooting range. It's still not ready yet, and no one is supposed to enter except my dad. There's a target board up already and I think my dad left his revolver and a few bullets there." Shep said. He then showed Jacob to this place. "Alright, so....you wanna come see it??
"Yeah," Jacob said, trying to hold in his excitement. "I've never held a gun before. I bet it gives you a feeling of power, doesn't it?"
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Oh yeah it sure does buddy" Shep replied, looking around for the final time, making sure nobody knew what they were up to.

Shep led the way with Jacob trailing behind cautiously. He unlocked the door and both of them entered gingerly. "Well, Pop ain't home yet so I guess we're safe for now." Shep whispered to Jacob, leading him to the kitchen and to a door. Shep pushed open the creaking door and they both descended to a dark room below. "We're almost there, just watch your step......there! Shep said as both their pads touched the cold dusty floor beneath them.

"Jacob my friend, I present to you our shooting range!!!! Shep said with a tinge of excitement in his voice as he flicked on a light which flooded the abyss-like darkness. They were surrounded in a spacious room, almost empty at first but had some target boards up and foxholes dug in, which was for aiming in them. "Wow, I didn't know Pop managed to finish it THAT fast." Shep said, staring everywhere. He then proceeded to a metal cabinet and opened it, containing a silver revolver. He retrieved it and brought it to Jacob. "Here, you can try shooting this. It's my own personal weapon. Have a feel of it. I'll go get some ammo and some protective gear." Shep said, walking to the metal cabinet again.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob took the silver revolver and held it in his paws. He examined it from different angles. "So shiny...I wonder what it's made of." Jacob took the revolver and aimed it at one of the target boards. "Yeah...this will be fun."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Here ya go! Shep said, passing Jacob a pair of safety goggles and ear muffs. "These are mine too, which I use at the shooting center in town. But Dad will be making some pet sized equipment when this place is actually done up. In fact it DOES look done up, but it's a wonder why Dad has restricted any of us going in here....well anyway, do get snugged into the foxhole and into the equipment. I'll activate the boards." Shep said, flicking a switch at the side of the foxhole. A few seconds later, the targets moved, being held by a motorized chain beneath.

"Okay, heres some ammo.." Shep said, getting into the same foxhole where Jacob stood. He placed a box of bullets on a side table and took the gun from Jacob. "Right, so this is how you load your weapon." Shep said, opening the canister of the revolver and placing six bullets in each hole, closing it when he was done. He spun it and held the revolver in two hands. "This is how you hold it and...."BLAM!

A bullseye was found on one of the target boards which Shep fired. Flicking the same switch, he stopped a moving target in front of them. "
Now you try!
Shep said, passing the revolver back to him.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob put the protective gear on and watched as Shep showed him what to do. When Shep handed him the revolver, Jacob took it, held it in both hands, and aimed it at the target in front of him. He squeezed slowly on the trigger until...*BLAM!* Jacob pointed the gun at the floor and looked at where the bullet landed, a big grin on his face. "Yeah! Whoo! That was awesome! Let's make them start moving now!"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Suuureee...." Shep said, flicking the switch back and activating the motorized chain.

"Yep, go get 'em tiger. And you can keep score by reeling in your targets for a full view when you're done with that." Shep said, pointing to a button below the side table. "I'll be right back with something to munch on! Shep called out as he climbed up the stairs back to the kitchen.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob pointed the revolver at the moving targets and fired one bullet after another until the chamber was empty. He pressed the button Shep had pointed to and watched the target get closer to the foxhole. "All right, let's have a look...a head shot...two chest shots...and one miss. Hey, not bad."
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke hardly noticed the string being tied to him, His attention fixed on trying to get whatever was on his nose off.
"So, what was this I heard about you ans this singing thing? Oops, sorry mam!" he apologized to the column in the isle. "It sounds pretty interesting, eh?
~Rubin
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Got the chippies, got the coke mmhmm... Shep hummed to himself as he acquired the snacks and drinks from the cupboard of the kitchen.

"I'M HOME SON!!!!" shouted a voice from outside. Shep froze as he dropped the drinks and snacks and scrambled to the window. "HEY THERE!" shouted his dad as he drove into the driveway.

He panicked as he tried to scramble to the kitchen and down the stairs to the range but Mr. Shepard had already unlocked the door. "Howdy there son!" His dad said, scruffling his pet husky's furry head. "So how did it go??"

"Very good." Shep said quickly.

"Oh seriously? It went well? Awww you ain't kiddin' me this time boy??"

"Very good." Shep said again, nervously eyeing the kitchen.

"Well, I'm glad to hear it son. You stay here I'm gonna make ya some coffee to celebrate with ya."

NOOO!!! Shep hollered, his teeth clenched and slowly shaking a little.

Mr Shepard titled his head and looked at him strangely. "What's wrong so.."

"Uh hey haha, I guess it should be ME makin' the coffee ain't it? Hahahaha cuz I guess I should thank you, ya know, you taught me shootin' and assembling those rifles and from the day you got me from the shelter and all hahaha....Hey I'm gonna make you a cappucino hahahaha be right back!!!" Shep said and zipped away into the kitchen and down the stairs, leaving Mr Shepard with a confused look. "Well, that's my boy.." Mr Shepard said, sitting down on the couch.

"JACOB!!!" Shep hollered, running down wildly.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob was in the middle of reloading the revolver when he saw Shep racing towards him. "Whoa! What!? What's wrong!?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"My....Dad's......home. We better get you outta here. If he sees you he's gonna flip and have my backside for it." Shep said, zipping through the words quickly in between panting. "Okay okay uh....alright let's try to switch this off. Ugh!" Shep said as he flicked the switch but it didn't respond. Instead the motorized chain holding the targets seemed to increase. Oh no not now not now!!! Shep whispered loudly as he flipped it back and forth until it broke. Great, he thought to himself.

"Shep? You down there boy?!" Mr Shepard hollered from above. Following that was the heavy stomping of boots on the staircases. This wasn't a good sign.

"Okay, you better hide. HIDE!!! NOW!!" Shep exclaimed, pointing to the metal cabinet.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob dove into the cabinet and shut himself in. "As long as he doesn't open this door we should be okay," he thought to himself.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"So, I see you found my secret hideout eh?" Mr Shepard said, walking down the stairs and meeting with Shep. "And don't ya..Good Lord!!!" he exclaimed as he saw the target boards whirring around endlessly. He ran to one of the circuit boards of the range and flipped a switch. The range's lights dimmed abit and returned to normal.

"Whew, that was a close one eh son??" Mr Shepard said, laughing as he took off his trucker cap and wiped the sweat off his forehead. Shep chuckled but kept his eye on the cabinet.

"So, how do you find this place? muffins and cookies, I had this idea back when I was just a teen. Building a shooting range in my very own basement but couldn't do it cuz it will stir up some suspicious activity ya know..." Mr Shepard went on.

Shep still maintained eye contact with Jacob, who was hiding in the cabinet. "When Dad in foxhole, you open door quiet walk out slowly go up stairs get out quick ok?" Shep said to Jacob through hand signal, followed by a thumbs up.

"So eh Dad, I kinda like the way you designed this foxhole. Gotta give ya credit for it Dad haha you're the best." Shep said, beckoning him to come in.

"muffins and cookies, the foxholes were the best part of the design. I always wanted something comfy, not like those you find at cheaply built ranges where its all rough and causes ya to itch. So I designed this in a way..." Mr Shepard said, going on and on.

NOOOW!!! Shep signalled to Jacob in a vigorous waving thumbs up motion towards the door, while pretending to cough.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob saw the signal and dashed past Shep's dad as fast as he could, surprisingly not making a sound as he ran. He raced up the steps into the kitchen and looked around to make sure no one else was around. Once he realized the coast was clear, he made a mad dash for the front door and made it outside. "Whew, that was way too close..." he mumbled to himself as he panted.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Wait, something's not quite right here..." Mr Shepard said, getting a closer view at the target board Jacob was shooting at earlier on. He looked at it closely, then sighed and got out of the foxhole.

"He's gone right?" Mr Shepard said, crossing his arms as he faced the wall.

"What? W-What do you mean?" Shep asked, realizing he was about to be in deep trouble.

"He has returned home, I can see that."

"Dad, seriously what are you talking about???" Shep said, trying to fake a small laughter.

"First of all, ever since you got that collar on, you have been hitting direct bullseyes, even at darts. Not a miss. So it's kinda funny how you would have one headshot, 2 chest hits but...heck, one miss??"

Shep's ears twitched. "That can't be Dad, how is that so??"

"Well, let's see. The whole chamber is out. Check it." Mr Shepard said, picking up the gun and sarcastically shaking it, trying to make the bullets come out. "Well lookie here. No bullets. It looks as if you brought one of those pets in 'ere to do some pea-shootin'....makes you wonder doesn't it??"

"Okay wait Dad that sounds insane...

"So if your old man here is insane, WHERE THE HECK ARE YOUR GOGGLES AND EAR MUFFLERS THEN?!"

Shep found himself being dragged up the stairs by the ear. He whined loudly as his he was being dragged with his backside scrapping against the wooden steps. Mr Shepard opened the door and booted Shep out. He yelped as he landed on the driveway. "STUPID DOG! THANK GOD THAT FELLA AIN'T HURT!!!" he yelled as he slammed the door.

Owww..... Shep groaned as he found himself eating the granite.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob rushed up to Shep after his dad slammed the door. "Are you okay? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get you in trouble."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Shep started whimpering and crying as he never got locked out like this before. Tears poured down his white furry cheeks and he constantly sobbed. His snout smarted and the husky hated that feeling, especially when he was down.

"Nonono it's not your fault Jacob. I should have followed the rules. And I have disobeyed him by letting you in before he himself allowed all of you to enter." Shep said in between sobs.

"Uh I'm afraid I'm going to be out for a while. Can I uh.....stay over at your place in the meantime?? Shep pleaded.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Of course you can," Jacob replied. "What are friends for?" He held his hand out for Shep to grab. "Now come on, let me help you up and we can get going. And I wouldn't worry too much about your dad. I'm sure he'll cool off soon. In the meantime, there's plenty of stuff we can do to pass the time."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Sigh...okay.." Shep said as he cleaned up his face and grabbed on to the cat's hand. He got up and did a quick stretch and faced Jacob.

"Alright so....yeah. Lead the way" Shep said, wagging his tail.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"It's this way," Jacob said as he led Shep to his house. "So, judging by your reaction, that would be the first time you've been thrown out, am I right?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Yeah.." Shep said as he rubbed his snout, still smarting from the pain. "Well, in a way I have always been paranoid about being thrown out as well, cuz it always reminds me of that shelter Dad adopted me from. Shep said, shivering at the thought. "I'm always trying to be a good pet to him, but sometimes it's hard following his orders...I mean his rules...I'm a dog after all.Shep said, looking down.
Zander

Post by Zander »

The moving van pulled iin the driveway, followed by a silver suv.
"Hey mom, can i go look around the neighborhood?" Asked Joy, innocently.
"...stop giving me that cat face.... Fine, but be back by sun down."
Joy turned around and looked at the sun, it was almost to the horizon.
"O.K. Mom, see ya later!" Joy began running down the sidewalk
"Dont get into any trouble!" Joy's mom yelled to her as she ran away...

After running down the sidewalk for a while she came to a house with a cat and a dog near the driveway
She ran up and jumped in front of them.
"Well, Hiya!" She smiled toward them, then she saw the dog didnt look to well.
"Whats wrong?" Her smile went away. she didn't like seeing people in pain.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Yeah. But if you think about it, he threw you out over something big. If it was something little, then you would have to worry about it happening a lot. Chances are he might not even feel the need to kick you out again. Jacob walked up to his front door and went to turn the knob when he heard a voice approaching from behind. He turned around and saw a cat walking towards him and Shep.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Uh hey there..." Shep said, turning to the cat while running his nose. He blushed slightly. Oh Gawd this is embarrasing... Shep thought as he shook his head roughly.

"I'm Shep, and this here is my friend Jacob." Shep said, introducing himself. He glanced down to the ground when she suddenly asked about Shep. "It's a long story. I dunno....do you wanna...join us to discuss about it? I just got kicked out by Dad and I'm staying over at Jacob's place for now. You wanna come?? he asked.
Zander

Post by Zander »

thrasherblades wrote:"Uh hey there..." Shep said, turning to the cat while running his nose. He blushed slightly. Oh Gawd this is embarrasing... Shep thought as he shook his head roughly.

"I'm Shep, and this here is my friend Jacob." Shep said, introducing himself. He glanced down to the ground when she suddenly asked about Shep. "It's a long story. I dunno....do you wanna...join us to discuss about it? I just got kicked out by Dad and I'm staying over at Jacob's place for now. You wanna come?? he asked.

"Well- My names joy." She gave another smile, then went back to normal.
"So... what happened? Are you ok?"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob held his hand out for a handshake. "Nice to meet you, Joy. You're welcome to come in if you want."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:Jacob held his hand out for a handshake. "Nice to meet you, Joy. You're welcome to come in if you want."
Joy shook his hand, and said "That would be wonderful" though she still hadn't gotten the answer to what happened, she thought if they didn't straight up tell her, it must have not been important.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Great." Jacob turned to the door and opened it. "Come on in, guys."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:"Great." Jacob turned to the door and opened it. "Come on in, guys."
[Thrasherblades said not to get too far ahead of him. >:| ]

"OK," She put her smile back on her face again as she walked in the door.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Frank heard the crash behind him.

""Oh crap," he muttered, "The lightweight went completely off the deep end. How strong is this tripe anyway?!"
He tossed a few boxes back onto the shelves, resolving to mix it with normal tripe when he got back. It definitely wouldn't do for everyone to collapse at the first party ever.

"C'mon Zeke, sit down," he said, steadying Zeke by the arm. "Err, you said you wanted to hear about the singing?

Well, that's a pretty interesting story. Dad used to play a lot of Frank Sinatra when he was still poor, now he's made enough money to have his own recording studio in the basement! Anyway, we listened to a lot of that stuff when I was still a kitten. Eventually, I started sining along to the stuff. Well, one day I accidentally pressed the record button on Dad's stereo and wrote over one of his mixed CD's with a bunch of Sinatra. The thing was, you couldn't hear the real guy because he was off on the other side of the room. I on the other hand, had been playing make-believe with myself, pretending that I was singing to a crowd of adorin' fans. Dad came home and played the CD, and was shocked when he heard Sinatra come out of his previously Fall Out Boy, MCR, and Red Hot Chilli Peppers adorned CD. He was even more shocked when he realized I was doing all the singing. He immediately showed his boss, who laughed at him and fired him for making stuff up.

Thus, I went into training for a few years, building up my skills until I could sing on a level comparable to The Voice himself. Then I was unleashed to the public.

My first show I was the introducer for a bigshot named Johnny Stevens at the Bindy Theater for some posh upper-crust pets. The MC comes out and he's like: "Our openin' singer'z a new guy to the circuit. Name's Frank Holiday. Please give him your warmest Chicago welcome, ladies and gentlemen." I come out and people'r like: "Oh how nice, a young kitty!". I step up to the mike and do my first ever song, Night and Day. After I'm done, the whole place erupts in cheers and I'm called to encore four more times before the MC's like, "DUDE, GET OFF THE STAGE OR WE WON'T GET DONE IN TIME". So I make my goodbyes and head backstage. The next day, this plays called Helena Records calls my Dad up and says to get me into the recording studio, they'll pay us $500 a track!

The rest, is, as they say, history. I got so popular I couldn't step out the door without getting mobbed by adoring fans. That's why Dad and I moved, it was getting smothering. So the plan is to do some recording, release a few albums, and live a life of relatively higher peace and quiet."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Samantha was happy to finally be out of the car after the long drive, though she wanted to see the new house. Right now they were in the parking lot of a grocery store where they were going to get some groceries before getting to their new home. Sam and her human parents walked into the store. "Why don't you go pick out some cereal and a snack, we'll meet you here in 10 minutes." her Mom said. "Alright Mom" Sam said wandering through the isles.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.