HPU: Applegate OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Pet Friendly: Applegate OOC

Post by Seth »

Sorry guys break got kinda crazy and I've been too busy running around town catching up with folks to post.
I'll make time tomorrow afternoon.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Take your time.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

and now I think it's a bout time we let Rex and Mason join the assault.
any objections? (mainly asking you, Val, since it's your arc.)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

nope, go on and be prudent guys
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I have none as well. They're missing the fun.
The Moon Howler

Still not sure whether or not Rex has any place in this arc, but I got in - I'll follow along. Waiting on Miles to make the call.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Moonhowler, guys, as you may have noticed, the situation has developed to a point no further interventions are needed in the fight. Going fourther than that, to me, would be plain torture on Janus now.
I deeply apologize for keeping TMH out and not granting enough spotlight to anyone. Thank you for participating.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Just a question here. What is going on between moonhowler, seth, and brent? What's up with the 3 men in the van?
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

you'll see. and Val's the third guy in the van.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

just posted!
The Moon Howler

Oh, one more thing for the spirit characters - don't be overpowered. Rex might at best have rare, partial contacts, but since he'll probably be taken somewhere unknown he wouldn't be that much of a help (duh!).

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I was going to ask, how long are we planning this arc? Short? Medium?

EDIT: I think I'll let Miles step back in this arc and let someone else take charge in rescuing if they want to. :)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Already taken care of that.
Advantages of curses :lol:
The Moon Howler

Yeah... acted too quickly, xhunterko and val... acted too quickly

My RP Characters
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

hi guys just wondering if there's a free spot for my character in this ^^
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 53#p419553
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The Moon Howler wrote:Yeah... acted too quickly, xhunterko and val... acted too quickly
Well, I've edited my posts to hopefully minimal fuss. And I think it makes enough sense that Val shouldn't have to either.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

alright guys first off I'd like to announce that Serence Ice fox's character has been accepted and will be joining the RP when the next in game day starts.
So with that in mind let's go ahead and try to wrap this one up ASAP so we can get the new character in and get this next arc going.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

thanks Seth , and hello everybody , can't wait to join you guys ^^
oh yah before the next day start , would this color be ok ?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

looks good to me
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
The Moon Howler

Welcome to the club, serence ice fox.

And about you, xhunterko - you did a great job with the edit.
There's only one thing I want to ask you and anyone else - when you're entering an arc that you know nothing about - please consult the one that leads the arc or those that have unique temporary characters for the arc.

My RP Characters
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

now that we've done the neccesary ret-con stuff what still needs to be done before we skip ahead to day three?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Well we still need to take Janus back to his mom, but i wanted to wait on that until leaf has Rena give at least some sign of still paying attention
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Well I'd like to see us moving to day three sometime around wednesday. I think two days should be good to resolve anything with the dog-napping arc (which I'm assuming will really get going day three but I'll talk to MoonHowler and check).
So if you have anything you want your character to do please get on it. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow about any plans you might have I'm going to move the RP along without you as soon as the dognapping arc is where it needs to be and assume your character just went home and went to bed.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Well we still need to take Janus back to his mom, but i wanted to wait on that until leaf has Rena give at least some sign of still paying attention
I think that sounds like a good idea. Is everyone involved with that ok with just doing a quick "and then everyone went home" post right before the timeskip if we don't hear from him?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus is practically sleeping on his feet, so they could even drop him in a dumpster and he'd barely notice
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I suppose i'd be cool with that, though Buster would probably stay the night at Janus' place just to be really sure he's alright. And maybe to be creepy and watch him sleep :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Puppy would love to wake up with Buster near him :D
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Okay. I'm upset still. First of all, you make plans with a select group of people and go ahead with an idea. Then, you assume, that most everyone knows what's going on or knows how to behave. Because anyone who knows was in the group and everybody's in the group right? Well, everybody WASN'T in the planning group so they didn't know what was going. Then you gripe at them for doing what you weren't expecting them to cause you thought they would just know? Did it occur to you ONCE to make a post on the ooc or pm possible interested parties to let everyone know what was going on? Did you? DID YOU? And then I get griped at for interfering with something that I had no idea what was going on? And told I shouldn't just jump right into things without asking those who started it first too? What the hell? If this is the way things are run in this group I may probably end up leaving it as well. Not cool guys. Not cool.
The Moon Howler

Please, calm down and don't flame on over a misunderstanding.
As far as I remember I did make a post in the ooc about 2+ hours before you did what you did at first.
I intentionally made the post that way so that people controlling such characters like you to PM me for more detail.
I am sorry if I made you upset, but the post was there - you probably just missed it. It happens.
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

My RP Characters
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hunter please calm down a bit , though I don't really know what's going on since this probably have something to do with the PMs or Skype between you guys , and I can only read what's in here , I don't think anyone meant to offend you , with that said please ignore everything i said after this if that was the case .
In a RP everyone controls their characters in their own ways , so technical hiccups like this happens sooner or later . When that happen , a little bit time out like "wow wow wow hold the phone , let's change this up a bit or else this arc might be cut short since I haven't foreseen this" is to me a reasonable reaction , and beside , like Howler said , you fixed the hiccup , and did a great job at it , so everything's back on track again, problem solved.
As for the reminder about asking the arc leader first , I think that's the more subtle way to remind everyone instead of just direct at me . You see since I'm the newbie here it's more than likely that I'll act on my own too fast and thus screw everyone up if not reminded , so please don't take it personally.

Hunter does have a point though . Guys, since I'm practically living under a rock (......don't ask) and can't use skype at all , the OCC will be my main way to communicate with you guys , so if there's anything important please post it here so I don't miss it (you have no idea how horrible i can mess the whole thing up , trust me :twisted: )
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The Moon Howler wrote:Please, calm down and don't flame on over a misunderstanding.
As far as I remember I did make a post in the ooc about 2+ hours before you did what you did at first.
I intentionally made the post that way so that people controlling such characters like you to PM me for more detail.
I am sorry if I made you upset, but the post was there - you probably just missed it. It happens.
Again. Your still saying that I had to ask you to do something rather then just announcing it in general. A 'hey guys we're doing a thing so try not to do anything' in the ooc would have been nice. Not a 'everybody's just gonna know not to mess with this and be hunky dory with asking about things first'. No. This is a roleplay forum. I reacted to the roleplay situation as it unfolded. You gripe at me for it so I change it to suit your wants. And then you tell me to not flame over a "misunderstanding"? A misunderstanding of being expected to know something when you don't and just react as you normally would? I hate it when people use the "misunderstanding" cop out because it's just an easy way to get out of a situation and everyone's la-dee da again as if nothing's happened. Well, I'm sorry, but the only misunderstanding I see here is you and your groupies not giving people a fair warning over what's going to happen.
The Moon Howler

Very well, if it'll make you happy I'll give up the arc, ask the mods to delete any of the arc-related posts and take my leave from this RP for good. Just say the word and I'll do it.
I will not apologize anymore for anything I've done so far, however. I did what I had to do in order to keep everyone on an even line, even if it had to harm someone's pride.
The warning was there before you posted and the mods and the GM of the RP saw it.
I've spoken. Now it's up to you.

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Now, guys.
Everyone got his reasons, you all explained them and no one really wants to take side -and not out of laziness, but because these things end up in a mess and eventually everyone starts saying things they later regret.
I started a similar fire, time ago, in Seabreeze Harbor. And I was, oh so wrong! Nevertheless, I acted like a primadonna and ended up upsetting a lot of people and thwarting plots.
Of course this is not the case, but the point is: had I abandoned Roleplaying at all I would have learnt nothing AND I would've missed the chance of growing up a bit and starting my own RP -which, for reasons known only to Bahamut, is interesting.
So please, let's just relax, perhaps even take a bit time off if it serves to cool off, and then let's just get back to the fun and not the brood. Hunter, you are a good player, and your characters are cool. You know that, and Moonhowler is one good interlocutor -Dog knows, he showed a LOT of patience with me, so there is nothing that should keep this friction going on.
So, pawshake?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Guys let's not make this into a dramatic thing. We didn't run everything by you guys in the OOC because we didn't want to spoil what was happening before it actually happened in the RP. Brent, MoonHowler, and I all happen to be in a skype group chat and that was just the most efficient way to discuss it.
Now let's all just calm down and stop getting mad about what was a simple mistake. MoonHowler asked the spirit characters "not to be overpowered" obviously Xhunterko and MoonHowler have different definitions of that. Xhunterko made an innocent mistake and fixed it. I understand the issue of being allowed to react naturally to a situation and under normal circumstances it would have been dealt with differently but Since this arc is MoonHowlers idea I told him to go ahead and request that the posts be edited. I'm not trying to play favorites but this arc is kind of his baby and I would assume is going to be a way for him to develop his characters so I let him dictate things like that. Let's not fight about this guys. An online housepets RP is hardly worth getting worked up about.
Perhaps to prevent issues like this in the future we could make a skype group specifically for this RP. We'd obviously still use the OOC but skype is a better way to reach me if you have a quick question or if it jus thappens to be a moment whne I'm on my computer but not the forum. Thoughts?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

On another note. I am going to a show tonight. I haven't got any indication that anyone has loose ends to tie up so I am going to skip us ahead to day three when I get back. So if you have anything you still need to do you have somewhere between 6 and 8 hours before I jump us ahead.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Very well, if it'll make you happy I'll give up the arc, ask the mods to delete any of the arc-related posts and take my leave from this RP for good. Just say the word and I'll do it.
I will not apologize anymore for anything I've done so far, however. I did what I had to do in order to keep everyone on an even line, even if it had to harm someone's pride.
The warning was there before you posted and the mods and the GM of the RP saw it.
I've spoken. Now it's up to you.
No need to leave. But saying 'hey guys we're starting a neat arc so don't jump in 'til it's okay' would have been nice rather then what was put. Phrasing it that way, would have hardly given anything away. That said, apologies over the fuss cuased.
The Moon Howler

For it to be okay,
one must ask away
about what he doesn't know
so that thing can go in peaceful(quiet) flow.

No need to apologize. You had your point and it was good to some degree.
However some things are still better to be revealed piece by piece, for the sake of keeping the arc interesting.
Don't think Val, Seth and Brent have much more info than you.
What they have more is their temporary characters and their role. That's all. Everything else - like appearance and behavior is product of their own creativity.
Which brings an idea to my head - we have the bad guys, we have the victims, we have the vigilantes in the face of the community. However I'll have an idea to implement the last piece of the puzzle, for which I'll need Seth approval first.
If all goes well, you, xhunterko, will be offered a deal which is hard to resist. But I won't tell more until Seth approves!

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*strokes chin* That sounds like an interesting offer. Do tell me more once seth approves.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

aww, I missed the drama. Oh well, everything's good now. I think.

and with the start of day 3, I'll say Buster did indeed stay the night with Janus. so Val, you can post for him waking up and seeing Buster, wherever in the room Buster ended up sleeping.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

when are Miles or Hubert supposed to inform the gang that there's been a dognapping? Since they're the only ones who know, so far
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

actually, after hunter retconned his posts to requests, the van was already gone by the time Miles got there. All they know for sure is that Rex wasn't right outside the forest anymore and that he isn't responding to thoughts. they could have possibly assumed he went home and just didn't feel like responding.

so Rex's brother (I forget his name) is more likely to notice that something's wrong.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets