HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Brittles

Re: Pet Friendly-In Character

Post by Brittles »

"You're one of those quiet one's that see and hear everything, aren't you?"
Dee leaves her arms, and head resting on the table as she says quite simply "Ding ding~" just listening to Vensions explanation, which made enough sense to her: she'd seen, and heard of similar before.. but well.. seeing, and hearing was sort of her thing so that wasn't saying much.
...But heck, if I'm going to stick around, owner or not, I should at least get to know some people. The name I like to go by is Venison."

"Yours?"
She leaned up the tiniest bit, more of a small stretch then anything else "Dee-Cafe~" she smiled her neck slowly arcing towards the small path towards the counter where a certain black cat left a we bit ago "Espresso's the cat, plays reporter.. Not too serious~"

Her gaze shifts back to Venison. ".. Can keep a secret though, no worries. I'd tell a few people eventually though...when enough trust is given. You know how secrets are, they'll go sour if kept too long"
He taps his foot, then starts going through the events of the previous day. "Okay..... got up early yesterday. There was something going on. Next door, there was a new family moving in. Something about the dog. Um....." He tries his hardest to remember, but he just can't seem to bring it up.
Espresso was getting impatient now, tapping his foot, but he couldn't bring himself to be angry just yet. "Oh come on now, don't leave me hanging What about the family?" he waved his arms around, pacing around the pondering pooch "What about their dog? Perhaps a police dog? A celebrity pet we've seen on tv? An inter species scandle? We could~ just pay them a visit..."
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

He nods a little. "Okay. He lives a few houses down from that Jump guy's place. You know, the one with the twins?" Unlike most pets he doesn't seem worried about the possibility of kids being even near him.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Brittles wrote:Her gaze shifts back to Venison. ".. Can keep a secret though, no worries. I'd tell a few people eventually though...when enough trust is given. You know how secrets are, they'll go sour if kept too long"
"I know that far too well..." Venison grabbed his cup and got up to leave. "Well, I need to go think. Maybe I'll see you later, Decaf, maybe I won't. We'll see, won't we?" He gave a half smile to Dee, then dropped his paper cup into the trash as he walked out the door.
Venison began walking back in the direction of Rav's house. 'Hmm. Where would be a good place to think? Tree probably. Tree's are always the best place. I feel sorry for dogs who can't get up in trees. No good trees around though. There must be one old oak tree or something, somewhere...Hmm...wasn't there a wooded area behind that house across the street from Rav's...? Bound to be a nice sturdy tree there...'

Lost in his thoughts, Venison had completely forgotten about Balbaroy and Espresso...
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:Magnus smiled, tail wagging as Rav scratched his ears. "You're not heavy, silly," he said, his muscles easily lifting the dog as he carried him outside the barn. "And I'm Magnus." He pushed open the barn door with his thigh, and then trotted across the lawn to the dog's house. He approached the door, bent his knees so he could better reach the handle, and then twisted. *Click* He twisted again. *Click* "The door won't open," he said in frustration. "Locked?"
Rav squirms around in Magnus's arms, shivering like it was much colder then it actually is out, wincing in his muzzle.. as he carried back to the house..
It shouldn't be locked..He weezes.. kicking the door with his hind foot..
Thump Thump Thump....

Soon, Sara appear dragging a vacuum cleaner along with her..
Whats all the commotion going on out here, i'm try to get the place cleaned.. Oh my gowd, WHAT has happened now! she exclaimes as she comes an opens the door..

The ground opeened up an swollowed meee all up..Rav slurs..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
caelei

Post by caelei »

Magnus trotted into the house, making sure his feet were clean, so as not to leave pawprints on the carpet. He looked around, spotted the couch, and treaded softly over to it. He was nervous of the ground; if Rav had fallen through, surely he would too, because he was a much bigger dog. He set Rav on the soft cushions, then knelt carefully next to him, laying one paw on the other dog's. "You hurt much?" He wondered aloud, worry etched onto his brow.

Meanwhile...

Pavelle reached her tree, scurrying up the trunk and into the branches with expert precision. If one looked closely enough, there were worn-down places on the bark that showed where she had found purchase on the trunk many a time, while she climbed. She settled on her favorite branch, looking over her house's roof to Rav's. For a second, she thought she saw a Magnus-sized shadow flick across the living room, but that couldn't be right. She had seen him heading home, after all. She still held the key tightly. She stopped, now, to look at it, pondering. Why would Venison give it back, after all his effort to get something from her in return? Her mind flitted to her mother, sick at home. Did he know? Was he sympathetic? She doubted it. She had tried hard to hide her weakness, after all. Even if he had realized her sob story at Rav's house to be true, at least partially, why would he keep the key to himself for a while, before returning it? A stray breeze moved her branch, and she clung to the wood tightly, though she was not afraid of falling. She was up here so much that it felt like a second home to her; her grip tightening was just reflex. She sighed, and crossed her legs, staying in balance with ease. What a mystery this key presented.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

'I'm usually not so picky about trees. Why am I picky about the tree I want to be in? This one's not tall enough. This one's to thin. This one's too young, augh. Well, thinking trees are important to select properly. Corrupted thinking and making wrong decisions could end badly...Hmm...where exactly am I in this forest, anyway?'
Then he spotted it. A very large tree, worn, aged, tall. 'Now that...that is one huge tree...then again, I really haven't gone looking for trees outside of city parks.'

Venison walked slowly, silently, seemingly unnoticed by the world around him as he approached the tree and examined it. The biggest tree he'd ever seen, no doubt. The only thing that seemed odd was that the tree was somewhat abused on one side. Its bark was somewhat worn for some reason. As if someone were digging little holes up the trunk of the tree. 'Trees are weird,' he thought.

Venison walked back around the tree. The lowest branch was definitely out of running jump reach. A different, yet similar tactic would have to be used. He walked a distance away from the tree. Slowly. When he gauged he was far enough away, he turned around, and looked at the tree. He raised his thumb into the air, surveying the tree and it's lowest branch.

And then he broke into full sprint, straight at the tree. Getting close, he pushed off the ground, straight upward at the trunk of the tree, then ran up the trunk for a moment, then kicked off up and away from the tree, knocking off some bark.

And then he was in reach to grab the branch. *Thunk*
"And they say dogs can't climb tall trees. Well, most still can't, but anyway..."
He pulled himself up, then began hopping from branch to branch, gaining height in the tree.

He found a comfortable looking branch. He sat down, straddling it, leaning his back on the trunk.
*Sigh*
"So. What do I do now. Well. I could leave. I could stay with Rav. Now let's consider the running. I've basically reached the coast. So then I would have to head south. Mexico, maybe? Nah. Too hot. I hate hot more. Well, I don't really need much of a direction. Just run. I think I would have lost whomever is looking for me by now, though. Is there still a need to run? Of course, the only way to figure that out would be to stay, but then, that would endanger me, should the need to run still be applicable. Then again, I can move at a moment's notice; I've gotten so good at that. Now let's consider staying. I've made friends, and possible enemies in two days. Sara is pretty well to do, she would be able to feed me without so much as a burden. That takes care of food. Recuperation. Which is much a relief. If only temporary. If I should stay too long, however, my story would catch up to me. Would cause problems. Not that they couldn't be relived by running.

Hmmmmmm... well, running is running, and then that would be that. If I stayed, there would be problems, of course, but nothing that can't be solved by moving on anyway. So then, the logical, survivalist decision would be to stay. Free food, shelter, and an easy out. Good.

Besides." He shrugged. "It's nice here." He felt the sun through the branches, warming his fur.

"So nice here..." Venison simply closed his eyes, leaned back, and enjoyed a moment of peace.

(OOC: Yes, he is in the same tree as Pavelle. He doesn't know that. Hey, it's a BIG tree.)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:Magnus trotted into the house, making sure his feet were clean, so as not to leave pawprints on the carpet. He looked around, spotted the couch, and treaded softly over to it. He was nervous of the ground; if Rav had fallen through, surely he would too, because he was a much bigger dog. He set Rav on the soft cushions, then knelt carefully next to him, laying one paw on the other dog's. "You hurt much?" He wondered aloud, worry etched onto his brow.

Rav winces an shivers on the couch, panting heavily.
I hurt some, an i am quite a bit stiffen-up still.. Atleast i'm not still laying on the stall floor, thanks to a hero like you..Rav barks up to Magnus.
Sara wraps rav up in a blanket on the couch.. So what actually happened to you? what were you two doing?
I was... exploring that old barn out back. <whince, pant pant pant> seeing what is.. going to be needed... <pant pant> to make it into a club house for us pets.. <pant pant> I was up in the hay loft, looking up at the hole in the roof, when the floor opened up an i ended up in the horse stall below..Rav gasps out slow an sluring-ly
Sara gets out her cell phone, an makes a call..

OOC (things as seen from the tree)

(About 15-20 mins later, the pets in the trees see an RV like vehicle pulls up out front.. El Dorado county, Mobile Veterinary response vehicle.
The local pets will have seen this mobile vet unit, parked out in front of the Richardson Valley vet clinic.
The local ferals will also be familiar with this rolling vet lab, as it is were they are taken after their rounded-up, to be examined, inoculated, an fixed, before being released back out into the wild.)
(Rav's trainer, Christopher Toss, an a vet from the local clinic come out of the RV, an go into the house. )

The vet checks Rav over as she examines him.. while Sara tells Christopher what happened to Rav, an How Magnus found him, an brought him back home..

Christopher tells Magnus he is a very good dog, petting an scratching him.. an says he is going to make sure to get his picture in the local paper for his deeds today.

The vet sends toss out for the stretcher, so she can take Rav to the Rv for X-rays.

(a few minutes later Toss comes back out an gets a stretcher, then the vet an trainer come back out carring Rav on the stretcher an take him into the RV.)

Sara rewards Magnus with treats an petings, as they wait to hear on Rav.

(after another 45mins or so in the RV, they carry Rav back into the house.)

They put Rav in his kennel, he now has a blue fiberglass cast on his right foot an ankle.
The long tendens in both of his digitgrade legs have been wrapped. an he has a shaved spot on his left side, with three stitches in it.
Rav is breathing much easier an effortlessly now, as he is wrapped up in a nice warm blanket.

Meanwhile... {cue the start of the Batman theme from the 1960's show :P}
Last edited by Keeshah on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle is just thinking about climbing a little higher when she spots a large vehicle pulling up to Rav's house. She reaches for the handy binoculars hanging around her neck and then... remembers that she put them in the safe so Venison couldn't steal them. She sighs, and drops down a few branches instead, to see better. And then she spots a large disfigured bird on a branch a few feet below her. She goes still, watching it. It's as big as she is, and unmoving, just sitting there. It shouldn't attack her if it's a pet, but if it's wild, it might. She hangs back for a moment, silent. Its feathers look like fur and it's wearing... cargo pants? Birds don't normally wear clothing; it disrupts their ability to fly. She squints at it, and recognizes the fur color. And then she drops down next to him, landing on his right, jostling the branch. She casually slips the key into one of her pockets. "So are you naturally a stalker, or am I just that cute?" she asks, face straight. She does not joke, normally. She peers back down at the house, at the people and the 'pet ambulance' that has shown up. And then she sees that Magnus shadow again, for a moment, standing by a couple people. "Is that Magnus... ?" she wonders aloud, peering at the house. She scoots forward a little bit on the branch, trying to see.

At Rav's House...

Magnus blushes when Rav calls him a hero. He imagines himself in a cape and tights and wonders if that was what Rav was thinking about... he doubts it. He should ask Pavelle, when he sees her, if he should make being a hero his full time job. He gladly accepts the praise of the trainer man, though he smells strange. He had never smelled a pet trainer before. Why would someone need help being a pet? Then he thought, again, of Pavelle. She acted human, most of the time. Maybe that's why Rav needed training. He shakes his head. And then Sara comes, giving him treats and petting him and his smile stretches from ear to ear. She's a nice human. Like mom. He thinks Mom will be proud to see him beaming out from the paper as a hero, tomorrow. And Dad... well, Dad'll be dad, no matter what. He hasn't seen Dad in a while; he works so much, to help support them. Little does Dad know that Pavelle is good at bringing home money, too. He looks worriedly out of the window, at Rav, who is on a stretcher, and being brought back inside. And then he exclaims happily when he sees that Rav is looking much better, like he's in less pain. And he has a cast and stitches and other ouchies. And a nice warm blanket. Magnus hurries up to his side, not getting too close. The people are converging around the dog, and Magnus doesn't want to accidentally knock one of them over again; people get touchy when they find themselves on the floor. So Magnus hangs back a little, looking on. He smiles, and waves at Rav.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
steel_wing

Post by steel_wing »

Paragus, having been on his own scouting mission for the whole day so far, decides it's a good time to take a break. He spots the heavily wooded area and swoops down to a tree, landing on a top branch.

From below he hears, "So are you naturally a stalker, or am I just that cute?"

He looks down, curiously squawking out. "I'm sorry, is this tree occupied?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav settles propped up in a corner of his kennel, his whole body feeling warm, weak, an numb from the shots the she-vet has given him..
Everything going on around him now seems slowed, an muffled.. he doesn't remember what the vets name was he is sure she told him.. All the humans seem concerned still about his hips, altho the X-rays showed he didn't break anything there, it was something about his breed..

It takes a minute to notice that magnus has snuggled up against him.. Rav snuggles back hugging him, his pink tongue licking submissively an kissingly at his muzzle as they lay in the kennel together.. Then there is a bright flash!.. A Christopher takes Magnus's picture to be shown in the paper..
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

caelei wrote:she drops down next to him, landing on his right, jostling the branch. She casually slips the key into one of her pockets. "So are you naturally a stalker, or am I just that cute?" she asks, face straight.
"HOLY SON OF MOTHER OF A...*gettthhisawho* (gasping noise) Venison smashed himself to the trunk, wrapping his arms around it, wide eyed.
"DON'T...do that! God-what-the-h*** you-crazy-raccoon; could'a knocked me outta the tree...Yeesh, you're the stalker if you ask me. Coming out of nowhere and scaring the crap out of people. Should be my job. Congrats, Pavelle, you're the first person to catch me off guard like that in seven months."
steel_wing wrote:He looks down, curiously squawking out. "I'm sorry, is this tree occupied?"
"Don't even get me started on you. You've popped out of nowhere at least five times by now."
caelei wrote:"Is that Magnus... ?"
"H*** if I know. You took my binoculars, remember? I can't see much more than a couple feet without squinting," he said with a tinge of annoyance in his voice. "When did you end up in this tree, anyway? If you were here before me, surely you would have felt me jump kicking to the low branch? Or were you just watching me? Proving that you're the stalker, and not I?" He said the last question in a mocking tone, smiling. "You want something, either of you? You're interrupting my one of my rare moments of true relaxation."
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"Exxplllooorrree!" he said swinging down a road with jubilation. he was in a great mood, he was singing and flying down the roads of the Suburbs. or that's what he liked to think. a bit further he turned down a gravel road leading into the more Rural area of Richardson Valley. "trrreeess!" he said whirling down a path into a wooded area.

the path had a large amount of bumps and roots. this was quite unfortunate, because the bike was was riding was already in bad shape. the smile on his face turned into a frown when he started hearing a *clickclickclick* noise. before he could stop and get off the bike he hit a large tree root and the front tire collapsed and sent the back end of the bike into the air and he went over the handles and *fwump*. "Frick" he groaned, and lied there. looking up into the trees trying to think up a plan to get out, and/or heal the many bruise's and scratches he had.

what what? Jolly good time.
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

"Sharks with frikkin laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jester can always tell what kind of day he's going to have by the line that's being said in whatever movie is being played. This one didn't really give any solid evidence on anything. Jester rolls off his mattress onto the floor and walks over to the table in the corner of the room. He lets out a huge yawn and grabs his collar off the table. He puts it on around his neck and pulls out a watch from one of the pockets.
"Dang it, I should never wake up before 6 PM." He says, rubbing his eyes and putting the watch back. He stretches out his legs and walks back across the room, picking up trash from his movie marathon last night. After throwing all the garbage in a nearby trashcan, he walks through the only door in the room.

A few minutes later Jester is in the lobby, picking bits of popcorn out of his dark brown fur, and cursing his addiction to comedy movies. He drags himself over to the counter where Matthew, his best friend and favorite human, is standing around lazily, waiting for customers. Jester pulls himself up and Matthew says,
"Too many movies?" Jester groans and lies down on the glass display for candy. Matt scratches his belly and continues with, "Why don't you go outside for the day? How long has it been since you left the theater?
Jester thinks for a few seconds and says,
"A week? Maybe 8 days. I remember I went home to get treats for my stay..." Matt gives him a strange look and says, "You really should get out more. New families have moved in, with new pets. You know. Other animals you can interact with?" Jester replies with a "Bleh" sound and turns his head to the entrance doors. He sees a blur go by and hears someone shouting "Exxplllooorrree!", and turns back to Matt, saying,
"Interact? I interact with people all the time!"
"Shouting down at people in the theater for talking on cell phones doesn't really count as interacting. Now go out and make some friends. You spend any more time up in the projection room and people will forget you exist. I bet when all the other pets see you they'll be like 'Oh hey look another new dog moved in! What's your name?', and how will you feel?"
"Impartial, but fine I'll go... to the outside... to their world. Maybe we can coexist peacefully! Maybe they will be brutal barbarians! If I don't come back, it's all your fault. Just want to make that clear" Jester says, hopping off the counter. Matt climbs over behind him and walks him outside the doors.

"Whoa, when did we get that installed?"
Jester says, squinting his eyes. Matt looks around then says, "What... the sun? You're joking right?" Jester smiles and nods then looks at his surroundings, it's been a while, but he still remembers his way around town. "I'm going to get back to work, you go walk around town for a bit. Get some outdoor air. I won't let you back in until-"
"Until I bring you a shrubbery?" Jester interrupts, with a big smile. Matthew laughs a bit and heads back inside, leaving Jester outside. Once Matthew is gone he lets out a sigh, pulls out a headphone and turns on his music. I wonder if anyone does remember me. I mean I've stopped by a few places before more than once, but did I ever really introduce myself? There was Jeremy... no his family moved away. Sammy was cool, but I have no idea where he actually lives. Huh maybe I should meet more people. That's just pathetic! Jester continues to think as he walks along the sidewalks of a road aimlessly.

OOC: Feel free to work Jester in at any time, I'd feel awkward to force myself into the current events going on. (He's currently just wandering around, so he could be thrust into any situation available. Many thanks in advance, and I hope to be able to contribute to the story more.)
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"And my day was just perfect! just going perfect!" he mumbles to him self walking back down the path he came down.
pushing the bike was extremely hard, since it had only one working wheel. "I'm just not that lucky, yarghh! every time i get that happy, some thing happens that just completely ruins my mood!" he sat down on a root and leaned what was left of his bike on the tree. the chain was gone, of course.... *sigh* "Note to self: never ride crappy bike on badly made path" he said and laid down.

caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle was nearly caught as off guard by Paragus than Venison was by her. She stops herself from freaking out like he did, though, because she's not as close to the tree trunk as he is, and any unnecessary squirming might cause a fall. Plus, she might get laughed at if she screamed. "Yes, Falcon. There seems to be a lot of pets in this tree today." And then speaking mostly to herself, "I need a new tree."
"Congrats, Pavelle, you're the first person to catch me off guard like that in seven months."

She nearly smiled at Venison after this, and then caught herself. Instead, she answered a question. "I thought I felt a stray breeze tug at the tree. That might have been you. I was a little caught up thinking, at the time." She looked back down at the house. "And I thought you had an attachment to that Rav dog. Don't you care he got hurt?" She asks this casually, with a look at her nails. They were getting dull. She should sharpen them. Sharp nails make easier climbing. "Anyways, I should probably get down there, myself. I think I do see Magnus, and don't want him getting into any trouble, do I?" She inhaled deeply once, savoring the flavor of the air. It was always so sweet up here. And then her face got a little sheepish. "Th-Thank you. I mean... yeah. Thanks. For, you know, the key." She blushes, unaccustomed to saying 'thank you' to anyone. "And don't expect to ever hear me say that to you again. It's a one-time-deal, got it?" And then she slips off the branch, onto the one below. And then down again, and again. Until she gets to the last one, still some good deal away from the ground. She turns around, and backs down the tree like she had come up, going down from one hand hold to the next. And then she runs quickly past her house, and across and down the street to the home of Rav. She bypasses the vet bus, then ducks into the door and follows the trail of people until she reaches the kennel. And she arrives right in time to see Magnus get his picture taken.

"For the paper," the guy says, who was holding the camera. Pavelle feels her eye twitching, and tries to stop it. For the paper? Great, just great.

"Like this family needs any undue attention," she mutters under her breath, shaking her head. And then she sees Rav snuggling with Magnus, and winces. "I don't need to see this," she says, and turns around to leave. Secretly, deep down inside, she's glad that Magnus is not the one that was hurt. And she's a little proud that he helped someone who was in trouble. But she would never admit these cozy feelings to anyone else.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Jester looked around, confused as to where he was. He'd lost focus 10 minutes out of the theater, as his music often does to him, and just kept walking. Ah not again. This happens every time I go out. Okay we've got trees, a rough road, must be heading into the more rural areas or woods... I guess I should turn around. He starts to do so when he notices a wrecked bike leaning on a tree, and a fox creature lying near it. He stopped where he was and widened his eyes, his imagination making him think up all the ways the fox could have been injured on his bike, then grips his his ears thinking Curse my addiction to movies! He might need help, I have to oblige. Hey maybe I could make a new acquaintance in the process! Jester cautiously steps towards the tree and says, "Hey, uh, you okay over there?"
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"Hey, uh, you okay over there?" said a voice. "i assume you're talking to me" Octavian said raising a paw into the air.
"I'm okay, just in a bad mood because of these bruise's and cuts" he let his paw fall back to the ground. and sat up to look at who talked to him. "Besides, it could be worse." he said "at least i didn't face plant when my front wheel collapsed" he waved a paw at the bike leaning against the tree.

ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

"at least i didn't face plant when my front wheel collapsed" The fox said, waving at the bike.
Jester nods and pulls out his headphone to prevent being distracted. He looks at the fox and considers how badly he could've been injured if things had gone differently. "Yeah that would've been bad," he says, looking at the bike, "My name's Jester by the way. I don't remember seeing you in town before (but then again I don't remember seeing anyone before), did you happen to move here in the last 8 days? I've uh... been too busy to go outside." He finishes with an embarrassed smile, picturing himself staring out the glass window of the projection room watching a movie.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"Octavian" he grunted back "and yes i moved in a few days ago" he got up and grabbed his bike. he pushed lifting the front wheel of the bike. "well i should be trying to get home, you wouldn't happen to have a watch would you?" he shoved on his bike again.

ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

"Watch? Yeah I've got one," Jester replies, pulling out his wristwatch from his collar, "Here." He hands Octavian the watch, wondering how long he'd been walking around, and if any other pets were out and about that he passed by.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote: she arrives right in time to see Magnus get his picture taken.

"For the paper," the guy says, who was holding the camera. Pavelle feels her eye twitching, and tries to stop it. For the paper? Great, just great.

"Like this family needs any undue attention," she mutters under her breath, shaking her head. And then she sees Rav snuggling with Magnus, and winces. "I don't need to see this," she says, and turns around to leave. Secretly, deep down inside, she's glad that Magnus is not the one that was hurt. And she's a little proud that he helped someone who was in trouble. But she would never admit these cozy feelings to anyone else.

Rav, squirms blinking the camera flash out of his eyes, not to sure about this whole getting his picture taken with the Hero thing.. Just going to make it all that more impossible to be the Alpha dog, with everyone seeing him incapacitated an helpless, needing to be helped by another dog.

Rav's eyes fix on a gray moving shadow.. the rrrraaaccccoooonnnn..
reaching out with his paw, as if he is going to grab the shadow from the back of the kennel..
The action of his paw looking like he is waving an/or beckoning the Raccoon to come join the pair in the kennel..
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

caelei wrote:She looked back down at the house. "And I thought you had an attachment to that Rav dog. Don't you care he got hurt?" She asks this casually, with a look at her nails.
Venison raised an eyebrow and gave Pavelle a quizzical look. "What are you talking about?"
Pavelle didn't look up from her nails, and quickly motioned her thumbs toward Rav's house.
"Like I'm supposed to see that far." He looked through the branches, squinting his eyes. He could make out a big white vehicle, with a red splotch on the side...what could that be? He growled and pulled out a saltshaker top from one of his pockets, and peered through one of the small holes. Much better. "Oh crap. That's a mobile vet."
caelei wrote:"Anyways, I should probably get down there, myself. I think I do see Magnus, and don't want him getting into any trouble, do I?" She inhaled deeply once, savoring the flavor of the air. It was always so sweet up here. And then her face got a little sheepish. "Th-Thank you. I mean... yeah. Thanks. For, you know, the key." She blushes, unaccustomed to saying 'thank you' to anyone. "And don't expect to ever hear me say that to you again. It's a one-time-deal, got it?" And then she slips off the branch, onto the one below. And then down again, and again. Until she gets to the last one, still some good deal away from the ground. She turns around, and backs down the tree like she had come up, going down from one hand hold to the next.
"Huh. Graceful. I couldn't climb a tree like that...hmm. Whatever, I can be just as efficient."

Venison climbed down a couple branches until he determined minimum "safe distance," and then jumped straight out of the tree with a slight forward arc, and landed with a combat roll.

or...that's what should have happened. Venison always considered random mud puddles to be his worst enemy. He slipped the landing, and ended up sliding on his back 4 feet across a think, oozy mud. He spat some mud out of his mouth, then shook, spraying mud all over the place.

"Hmm. Just like the movies."

Already behind, he ran after Pavelle, but soon stopped in his tracks. There was a small crowd. And cameras.

Crap.

"Dang, I'm gonna have to go around the house..." He moved quickly, hoping he wouldn't encounter anyone.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"thanks" he took the watch and looked at the time. "Just around 12:00" he said and tossed the watch back to Jester. "Well..." he looked down the road "i still have time..." he stared off into space thinking about what he should do. should i just go home any way? or should i explore the woods a bit more?... maybe i should.... nahh...

ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Jester snaps out of his thinking and grabs the watch before it could fall. He puts it back in it's assigned pocket and looks at Octavian who's staring into space. Well he doesn't seem to need any help from what I've seen, might as well head back to town, see if anything's happening. Jester repeats Octavian's name in his head in an attempt to prevent forgetting it, then walks off silently into the woods, planning on cutting through to get to the street faster. He slowly walks past trees, taking in all the nature, until he finally steps out near the road. He looks along the road, starting with the movie theater, which he longs to return to, and then further down. He notices one of the vet's vehicles outside one of the houses, accompanied by camera flashes, and wonders what's going on there. More importantly, does it really involve me? I don't just want to walk into somebody's house when I don't know who lives there. They might think I'm trying to steal something, or they might viciously attack me believing me to be the person who caused the accident. He gulps at the idea of him having to hide out in the movie theater for the rest of his life, then realizes that's what he does all the time anyways. I'll just see what I can from the outside and ask people there what happened. As he thinks this he wags his tail happily and heads down the road towards the commotion.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

well... i might as well just walk home... wait?... which way is home?... crud... "hey do you kno-...." he looked around Jester wasn't there. "wellll....... choose a road!... i think... yeah i think that way is... crud i am lost..." he spun around and pointed. "the longest straight road it is!" he said and pushed his bike.

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: or...that's what should have happened. Venison always considered random mud puddles to be his worst enemy. He slipped the landing, and ended up sliding on his back 4 feet across a think, oozy mud. He spat some mud out of his mouth, then shook, spraying mud all over the place.

"Hmm. Just like the movies."

Already behind, he ran after Pavelle, but soon stopped in his tracks. There was a small crowd. And cameras.

Crap.

"Dang, I'm gonna have to go around the house..." He moved quickly, hoping he wouldn't encounter anyone.

Sara, the vet, and Christopher are now sitting around the kitchen table..
Christopher, connects the camera to his laptop an sends in the photos to the local paper, along with a short story by line..
They chat for a while having coffee, then Rav's trainer an the vet say that they need to get back to the office.. an finally drive off in the mobile vet lab.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle saw Rav's hand motion and looked around. Well, he wasn't beckoning to anyone else. But why would he look angry? Maybe Magnus did do something to him afterall. Well, he probably didn't do it on purpose. He was too nice for that, and too stupid to dream anything incredibly mean up. She stepped into the kennel, looking around. Her eyes rested a moment longer than normal on the gaming system, and then she forced herself to look away. If only she could come back later... no, she better not. It'd be trying her luck, to come here again. What would it be, the third time? She shook her head, and stopped by Rav. Magnus snored gently; apparently, he decided to take a short nap after all the commotion. She paused, and then asked, "Did you want something? Or did I walk over here for no reason?" She looked around again and sighed.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

As Jester stops in front of the house the vet vehicle pulls out and drives away. His eye twitches as his chance to learn what's happening through an outside source drives off around the corner. He turns back to the house and says, "I need to work on my timing. It needs a slight tweaking." He taps his front paws together nervously, and decides to just take a quick peek through the window. He carefully walks up to the window, trying his best not to crush any grass or tarnish the owner's property, and makes his eyes level with the glass. Hope I don't scare anybody too bad. I'd hate to cause somebody to have a heart attack cause of my curiosity. He continues to stand there trying to pay attention to the current scene.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote: Magnus snored gently; apparently, he decided to take a short nap after all the commotion. She paused, and then asked, "Did you want something? Or did I walk over here for no reason?" She looked around again and sighed.
Rav reaches out, petting the raccoon softly, his movements very weak and uncoordinated.
Then the pain killers an muscle relaxants, finally get the better of him, an his eyes roll an he is out cold, asleep up against the napping Magus..
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison snuck up behind Jester, and tapped him on the shoulder. Of course, Jester jumped.
"What are you doing? The crowd has already left." Venison shrugged. "I'm going inside."

Venison moved in through the back door, careful not to gain any attention from the humans, and creeped toward the room where Rav's kennel was at, and entered.
Keeshah wrote:
caelei wrote: Magnus snored gently; apparently, he decided to take a short nap after all the commotion. She paused, and then asked, "Did you want something? Or did I walk over here for no reason?" She looked around again and sighed.
Rav reaches out, petting the raccoon softly, his movements very weak and uncoordinated.
Then the pain killers an muscle relaxants, finally get the better of him, an his eyes roll an he is out cold, asleep up against the napping Magus..
"In all honesty, I'm not sure whether to say 'awww' or to take sick. Seriously."
Some mud began dripping off of Venison.
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

"What are you doing? The crowd has already left." someone said tapping him on the shoulder. Instinctively he jumped and froze up. His usual reaction to any contact with another animal, besides the usual handshakes and greetings. After a few seconds he turns around saying, "Yeah I know, it's just I don't want to trespass into another person's," He stops, seeing the supposed shoulder-tapping dog walking inside, "House... Curses. He's already gone. Well... when in Rome." He fiddles with his Toast figurine, then takes in a deep breath and walks in after the other dog. Once inside, he lets out all the air and focuses on where the other dog went. He finds him, staring at one of the largest kennel's Jester had seen before, as well as a pair of supposedly snoozing dogs, and a raccoon. He hears the dog say something, but he can't make up what. He turns to look at the dog, mud covered and wearing cargo pants.
"Uh, you're dripping." Jester says looking at the freshly laid mud on the floor around the dog. He takes a few steps back to avoid getting his feet all muddied up. Wonder what he's been doing to get so muddy.
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Kalvin wrote:He nods a little. "Okay. He lives a few houses down from that Jump guy's place. You know, the one with the twins?" Unlike most pets he doesn't seem worried about the possibility of kids being even near him.
"... That... That... That" Espresso leans down a bit his face full of discust and wonder, his tail twitching from side to side as if he was just told the secrets of the universe....and... then he sinks all the way to the ground "That isn't interesting or news worthy in the slightest!" The Black cat does proclaim. "A pet that doesn't mind kids? Okay I can buy it.. brave dog most certainly... *Sigh* still I have no better lead to follow, lets keep that street a look see then hmm~?"

And where is Dee you might ask? It was some time ago that she gave a lazy wave, and a slight smile to Vension before he vanished....the only pet left in the little coffee shop...? Where did she go from there? Haha... well a dog that goes unnoticed needs no narration. She'll turn up eventually I'm sure.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Sara comes around the corner,
Ah Venison, it's good to see you back safe, Rav has been in a bad accident..Noticing the mud dripping off of him..
Oh my, what have you been rolling in!.. come along dear, lets get you cleaned-up, before you track that mud allover the house.. I'll get you a nice warm bath going.. Who is your new friend here?waving to the new doggie pet..
caelei

Post by caelei »

Truth was, Pavelle wasn't used to casual pet interaction. And she certainly wasn't expecting Rav to actually pet her, and then konk out with Magnus. She made one of those 'ewww' faces and took a step back in time for Venison to appear, as usual.
"In all honesty, I'm not sure whether to say 'awww' or to take sick. Seriously."
Some mud began dripping off of Venison.
She jumped, then spun around, and jumped back from him. "What've you been doing, rolling in a mud puddle?" Witty remark? Of course not. Oh well. She shook off one foot, frowning. And then she peered over his shoulder at Jester. She stared at him, thinking. Didn't she know him from somewhere? She wasn't good with other pets names', but he looked familiar. Maybe he vacationed here? Yeah, that might be it. She thought about waving or something, which was normal protocol when it came to being social, but decided against it. Why should she? Anyways, he hadn't spoken to her, so it shouldn't matter. She stood there for a second, Magnus' snores ringing throughout the room. And then her eyes fell on the gaming system in the corner, and she swallowed. Maybe she could convince Venison and the other dog -was his name Joker?- to take a hike so she could quietly spirit away the PS2? Or maybe just a couple games... those could sell online for twenty bucks apiece, maybe. Taking a game or two wouldn't hurt much, would it? And plus, Rav owed their family something for Magnus' 'daring rescue', did he not? She turned back towards Venison and 'Joker'.

"It's Joker, right?" She asked the dog, and then, not waiting for a reply, patted Venison awkwardly on the shoulder. "Well, you guys should just get going. I've got to pry Magnus away from Rav and that might take a while, so how 'bout you two go fishing and do some guy bonding, or whatever? Have fun." She gestured towards the door. "Maybe you could watch a movie, or something?" And then it hit her. It's the dog from the movie theater! She forced a smile and tried to wave them away, eyeing the games.

And that's when Sara strolled in. Pavelle turned her forced smile onto the human, then smirked at Venison, mouthing "Nice warm bath?" and waited to see if they would all leave the room and allow her some time to see how many games she could fit under her jacket.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison's eyes widened.
"Bath? BATH? EEK! NO WAY!...Oh, and I don't know who this guy is. I think he just followed me...But there's no way I'm taking a bath! I don't take baths. I rinse off every now and again but I..."
"You're definitely taking a bath then, sweetie." Sara grabbed his necklace (the leather strap with the pick and torque bar) and pulled him along.
Venison was forced sideways. "Gack! Aughck! Leggo!" He turned to Pavelle, who seemed to be chukling. "Don't gimme that. This isn't life or death, otherwise I'd be fighting to the..."
Venison was cut off by another tug. "Ackkk! NO! I WILL NOT BE SUBJECTED TO THIS TORTURE ALONE!"
Both of Venison's paws connected with a tight grasp around Jester's and Pavelle's collars.
"YOU'RE GOING DOWN WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
At this point, Sara grabbed him by the scruff of the neck, and gave him another pull, which brought all three of the pets down, with both Jester and Pavelle falling into the puddles that Venison had been leaving.
"Maybe it now it would be a good idea for you two to take a bath as well..."

Did they have much of a choice? Venison wasn't letting go! With a death grip on their collars, no less...
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Sara gets a death hold on venison's scruff, like the trainer Toss had shown her.
Making the pet feel like their mothers paws again..

Oh come on, don't be so melodramatic.. Rav was looking forward to giving you a bath.. he loves them. infact you can't get him out of the tub or shower sometimes!

Sara looks back as she is now coaxing three pets along into the bathroom..
Oh? So you all are wanting to join Venison in getting a bath..? See it's not going to be so bad, your going to learn to love getting a bath, an how good it feels..
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

He kept trudging down the road even tough he was pretty sure he was out of the suburbs. he passed by a movie theater "i don't remember that..." he stopped. "I'm lost, completely and utterly lost." he slumped down on the stairs of the theater and just sat there, barley thinking at all. just staring out into space...

ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Jester tries to comprehend what just happened. One second he was standing behind this Venison character, then he remembers a tugging sensation, falling, and being dragged across the floor. He looks around the room, which was clearly a bathroom, then looks down at himself. Upon sight of the mud he lets out a big sigh and one word resonates throughout his mind, that of the woman who dragged the dog, who dragged him in here: "Bath". He looked at the two animals next to him, the dog who's name was apparently Venison, and the raccoon, who must've seen him before, seeing how her guess was close. "Uh, this may not be the right time, seeing how you see this as a death penalty, but I just want to get this out now before it gets anymore confusing. My name's Jester," He says, looking at a light in the room.

Normally he doesn't mind baths from his owner, but then again, this isn't his owner. It took him a year before he even let his mom or Matthew pat him on the head without him freezing up. Maybe she'll just leave them us here and I can just sit there while the mud washes off. He started to say something, try to find a way to talk his way out of this situation, but then he thought, Sure, I'd get away, but would Venison be able to forgive me for abandoning him here. I don't even know the guy, so I can't risk it. It would be beneficial to be on his good side.
So he continues to stand there silently, making sure all his collar pockets are sealed up, to prevent any water from getting in, in case this human decides to just toss him into the water in his current state. He wouldn't want to ruin his music player, he saved up allowance for a long time for that device and the numerous songs on it.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Balbaroy trudges on down towards Rav's house, Espresso had turned him down for some reason. He wasn't really sure why. Surely kids can't be that bad. I think they're a little fun. He makes it to Rav's house and knocks on the door. "Hello? It's Balbaroy? Is anybody home?" If Sara should answer the door the first thing she'll notice is he smells truly awful from digging around in the garbage earlier.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle found herself literally being dragged to the bathroom by Venison, who was being dragged by Sara. Through the choking, she reached up and tried to pry Venison's paws off her collar. No dice. She was a little muddy, true, but she was not taking a bath with two (or three, if Balbaroy gets into the ordeal) mangy dogs. She squirmed a little, her collar digging into her neck. And then she had a different idea. If she could not get Venison off the collar, maybe she should get the collar off herself. She went for his paw, again, but instead unlatched the little piece of metal in the back of her collar. Venison's grip did the rest. One minute, the collar was firmly around her neck, and the next it was gone. She can't tell in all the hubbub if Venison's surprised when she gets free. She took a moment to gloat. "Ha-ha! It seems I will not be bathing with the likes of you today!" And then she realized that she was not three feet away from the bathroom door. She turned to run, but something grabbed her by the scruff of the neck, on her actual fur, and hoisted her into the bathroom. She considered swearing loudly and profusely -maybe Sara would be caught so off guard that she'd let go of Pavelle's neck and allow her to wiggle out of the situation- but then the moment has passed, and the bathroom door was closing. She stood as far away from the bathtub/shower as she possibly could. "Um.. I, uh... um." She spluttered for a way out. Think, think! Inspiration came. "Maybe I should go get, er, Magnus, yeah, because he, er, loves baths and he wouldn't want to miss all the fun." She edged towards the door, turned, and tried the knob. Locked? Locked?!? What kind of crazy house was this? And then, being so close to the door, she heard a knock. "Sara!" She yelled, "There's someone at the door! You should go answer it. Right now." She swallowed, looking around the bathroom.
He looked at the two animals next to him, the dog who's name was apparently Venison, and the raccoon, who must've seen him before, seeing how her guess was close. "Uh, this may not be the right time, seeing how you see this as a death penalty, but I just want to get this out now before it gets anymore confusing. My name's Jester," He says, looking at a light in the room.
Jester? Well, she was close, anyway. "Uh. Hey?" She asked uncertainly, not knowing what the appropriate method of response in this situation is. Well, truthfully she doesn't know what the appropriate response is in any situation. She's just not social. And then she has another idea.

"Sara, um, I'm not really dirty, considering that I'm wearing a raincoat to prevent filth from caking on my fur. So, if you'll be kind, just unlock the door and let me be on my way." She unbuttoned her raincoat and showed the human fur that was pretty much clean. "See?"
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)