We are a join-by-request neighborhood, so you need to ask in here before you join. Please read the important info of this first and follow the directions to join.
Brookshire Meadows is a small suburban development which sits between the Northern Midwestern town of Brookshire (to its west) and the Brookshire Forest Nature Preserve (to its east). (( Rough Map of the Development ))
The Preserve is a largely untamed Forest, with sections which have no trails, and is watched by ranger Jack Calvin and his deputies, Roger and Melinda. (( Description of the forest ))
Current residents of Brookshire Meadows:
Every character has their own color when they talk, so its easy to tell them apart. Every notable character in the RP is listed here, including non-pet characters. Humans are Underlined, animals who are not main-characters are Bold.
Previous residents of Brookshire Meadows:Open Characters for anyone to use:
- Dr. Roll N. Stones (Dr Stones) - East Brookshire Community Vet. Runs a small animal hospital near the development. Has nurses too.
- Police and Animal Control - Open when they appear, unless specially noted. (Note: Jack and the Rangers are typically RockstarRaccoon's characters. Jack is effectively the same rank as the Brookshire police chief.)
- Rikki (male, raccoon)
- Taku (Male, Raccoon, Rikki's son)
- Ranger Jack Calvin (+ deputies, Roger and Melinda) (Ranger of the reserve, Rikki's "keeper" of sorts)
- Brookshire-preserve wolf pack: Ceasar (male, leader), Diana (female, home-keeper), Polaris (female, scavenger), Orion (male, peacemaker), Sparticus (male, gaurd), Anubis (male, scavenger) (And more!)
- Sid Cooper (male, cat)
- John "Johnny" Cooper (Sid's owner, Singer/Rhythm Guitar), Steve Allman (Roommate, Lead Guitar), Paul (Roommate, Drummer)
- Peter-Rabbit Patterson (male, cat)
- Tiara Book (female, raccoon) (old color was #FF4080) (YsF)
- Flash-Gordon (male, coyote) (YsF)
- Butch (male, dog) (YsF)
- Corey "Shep" Shephard (male, Husky)
- Enya Bashir Al'Aziz (female, cat)
- Max Eisenberg (male, cat)
- Nate Eisenberg (male, mouse)
- Samuel (male, fox)
- Sam "Spike" Pike (male, husky) (YsF)
- Katherine "Kat" Pike (female, Savannah cat) (YsF)
The Moon Howler:
- Jack Seagle (male, Nebelung cat)
- Johnny Seagle (male, Nebelung cat)
- Varg Knight (YsF)
- Rion Knight (YsF)
- Rook (male, Wolf)
- Sergei (male, Husky)
- Arin Colligi (YsF)
- Mason (male, )
- Erin "Pepsi" Evans (male, )
- Copper (male, )
Preserved for archival purposes.
Table of ContentsNeko: (left)
- Cale Patterson (male, orange cat)
- Sam (female, fox)
- Darin (male, wolf)
- Meeka (female, raccoon)
- Rocky (male, husky)
- Joy (female, cat)
- Felix (male, cat)
- Kyra Terrae (female, husky/collie)
- Frank Holiday (male, cat)
- Matt (Frank's father)
- Ezekiel "Zeke" Lambert (male, fox)
- Shelly (female, human, Maid who watched Zeke)
- Flake Bampin (male, Alaskan Malamute)
Dr Prower: (inactive)
- Jacob (male, cat)
- Zucchini (male, dingo)
- Xuán Law (male, 'Fu-Dog')
- Ian Falkner (male, Corgi)
- Terrance "Terry" Todd (male, cat)
- Pifer (male, wild-weasel)
- Kytes Stripes (male, tabby cat)
- Kylie (female, wild-weasel)
- Jay Williamson (male, wolfdog)
- Jenny (female, Shiba Inu [dog])
- Lisitsan (male, SibFox)
- Trinket (male, cat)
- Erin White (male, English Shepard)
- Ellen White (Erin's twin sister)
- Tantrum (male, Samoyed)
- Acer Copley (male, Jack Russell Terrier)
- Gladius (male, ferret)
- Black (male, husky)
Maximus Rex: (inactive)
- Sebastian "Seabass" Hattenbach (male, eskimo-dog)
- Danny (male, cat)
- Therin Terro Gurass (male, Finnish Spitz)
Lots of things have happened so far, so I broke it down into arcs for anyone who wants to read or refer back. Each has a Name, Description, and list of main characters.
Zuchinni Death CountSeason 1
- Rocky - Rocky meets Cale, and is "adopted" by his mother (Cale, Rocky, Frank, Mrs Patterson, Rikki)
- Rikki and Kyra - Rikki meets Kyra, who atarts teaching Rikki how to read. First use of IRC. (Rikki, Kyra)
- Neighborhood Menagerie - A bunch of characters show up for the first time. (Shep, Frank, Rocky, Cale, Flake, Zeke, Zuchinni)
- Shep's Basement - Shep is introduced and gets in trouble for showing Jacob a private shooting range. (Shep, Frank, Jacob, Zeke)
- Frank and Zeke at the Store - Frank takes Zeke to the store and gets him high... then Sam shows up. (Frank, Zeke, Matt, Sam)
- Rocky 2 - Rocky takes a bath while Cale meets (and is amazed by) Rikki. IRC. (Rikki, Rocky, Cale)
- Pie! - Rocky, Rikki, and Cale eat Pie. One long IRC-RP. (Rocky, Cale, Rikki, Mrs Patterson)
- The Sleepover - Joy shows up and has a sleep over with Shep at Jacob's house. Hilarity ensues. (Joy, Jacob, Shep)
- The Forest - Rikki takes some other animals into the forest and shows them his tree. One long IRC. (Rikki, Cale, Rocky, Flake)
- The Party - Matt and Frank throw a party, which devolves into chaos. (Frank, Matt, Zeke, Cale, Rocky, Rikki, Kyra, Sam, Enya)
- Rocky and Cale - Rocky and Cale talk and go to bed. One IRC post. (Rocky, Cale)
- After the Sleepover - The pets from The Sleepover wake up, and Joy can't remember anything. Joy hurts her leg and Enya is fully introduced. (Joy, Jacob, Shep, Enya, Shep's dad)
- Good Morning! - Everyone who stayed at Frank's house wakes up. (Frank, Zeke, Matt, Kyra)
- Rikki is SLEEPING - Rikki is nocturnal and sleeps during the morning. One off. (Rikki, Jack)
- The Mall - Pretty much everyone, starting with Cale and Rocky, goes to the mall. Really long with Some IRC. (Cale, Rocky, Mrs Patterson, Sam, Flake, Frank, Matt, Zeke, Rikki, Jack, Kyra)
- The Vet - Matt, being an evil "cackling maniac", drags Frank and Zeke to the Vet, then the pet-park. Some IRC. (Matt, Frank, Zeke, Zuchinni)
- Rikki's Scars - Rikki pulls Cale aside and explains the origin of the huge scars on him and Jack. One IRC, within the Mall arc. (Rikki, Cale)
- Lost in the Forest - After finding that Jacob and Enya are suddenly going out, Joy runs to the forest, and the teen-romance-drama-gang follows. (Joy, Enya, Jacob, Shep, Anubis)
- Mall Mischief with Rikki - Rikki takes Kyra and Zeke around the mall before finding Jack, who drives them home. Part of the Mall arc. (Rikki, Zeke, Kyra, Jack, Zuchinni)
- Pets Around Town - Cale and Sam show Rocky how to Rollerblade, and meet some new residents. (Cale, Sam, Rocky, Xuan, Ian, Kytes)
- Musings of Rikki on Zeke - Rikki walks Zeke home, trying to convince him that he should run away. Zeke shows Rikki his house. All IRC. (Rikki, Zeke, Shelly)
- Enya's Big Show - The Teen-Romance-Drama gang goes to Enya's show. Everything's going great until Frank shows up, curious as to why Enya switched boyfriends from him to Jacob because he'd left for 6 Hours. (Enya, Shep, Jacob, Joy, Frank, Zuchinni)
- One Darin wolf-pup - On their way back, Frank and Matt find a wolf pup, who they name Darin. Lots of IRC. (Frank, Matt, Darin)
- Sid the Vicious - Sid moves in and has his first psychotic episode, terrorizing both Kytes and Xuan. Lots of IRC, crosses other arcs. (Sid, Kytes, Xuan)
- Felix comes and interrupts everything. - Joy takes Shep to her house where her old boyfriend Felix shows up, totally side-tracking her thing with Shep. (Shep, Joy, Felix)
- An uninvited Guest - Early in the morning, Darin discovers a raccoon in Frank and Matt's Kitchen! All IRC. (Darin, Taku, Frank, Matt, Rikki)
- OMG I haz 2 BFs!! - Joy deals with her old boyfriend, who she didn't break up with when she moved, and tries to keep Shep. (Joy, Felix)
- OMG Shopping! - The Teen-Drama-Gang(TDG), minus Joy, goes shopping. (Shep, Jacob, Enya)
- A Sinister Shadow - Two strangers in an Animal-Control-like truck enter the neighborhood with shady intentions. (Goons, Trinket, Cale, Sid, Rocky, Kytes)
- Y HALLO THAR - Sid meets Kyra and Ian, Kytes spies with a spyplane, lots of fun... (Sid, Kyra, Ian, Kytes, Xaun)
- Unlucky Sons, Part 1 - Darin wakes up and Taku gets severely injured. Rikki worries over Taku while Jack and Melinda look after Darin. All day long, with alot of IRC. (Darin, Taku, Rikki, Jack, Melinda)
- OMG BBQ! - The Teen-Drama-Gang splits up to invite people to the party, and end up inviting only their families. Oh well! (Joy, Shep, Jacob, Enya)
- Sam Triangle - Sid meets Zeke and Sam, taking them back to his house where him and Sam realize they are meant for each other and decide to start dating: Zeke can only watch in horror. Some IRC. (Sid, Sam, Zeke)
- The Barbecue - Pets (and wild-animals) from around the neighborhood notice the barbecue and rush to do some tasty investigation. (Every character in the RP at that point except Darin and Taku.)
- The Search for Sid - Trinket realizes that Sid's yarn ball is haunted, so he helps Kytes bring it back. (Kytes, Trinket)
- Pifer on the Run - Pifer sneaks into the development to look for food and entertainment, much to Rikki's worry. (Pifer, Rikki)
- Unlucky Sons, part 3 - Taku and Darin wake up in a cage in the vet-wing of the ranger station. (Taku, Darin)
- Dirt - Sid finds Kytes again and forces him to eat dirt until he starts choking on it. Lots of fun! (Sid, Sam, Cale, Kytes, Trinket)
- The Confrontation - Rikki finds Pifer. (Pifer, Rikki)
- Monster - Sid is a scary cat, and Sam is his girlfriend. (Sid, Sam)
- Unlucky Sons, part 4 - Taku and Darin wake up yet again. (Darin, Taku)
- "Catch" - Jack plays catch with Darin. (Jack, Darin)
- The Barbecue arc: This part is sort of happening all day with other stuff around it, so I broke it down into sub-arcs.
- - Shooting Things (for fun!) - The pets at the barbecue shoot things in the underground shooting range.
- - Joy and Felix and Shep are here...
- - Sid and Kytes talk here...
- - Zeke and Trinket go into the basement and it blows up...
- - Shower Scene 1 - Rikki and Pifer take a shower together... I guess we thought this would be funny at the time? (Rikki, Pifer)
- - When Pifer met Kylie - Pifer notices Kylie, and totally has the hots for her. (Rikki, Pifer, Kylie)
- - Shower Scene 2 - Sid and Kytes... We really seem to like these shower scenes... (Sid, Kytes)
- - The obvious happens. - Someone put the grill in the kitchen and just sorta left it there, still going, and it OBVIOUSLY starts a fire. Everyone panics!
- - MOAR TO COME! ()
- Sid takes off his glasses - Not an arc, but kind of important for that particular character, also the end of S1 D3 (Sid, Sam)
- - MOAR TO COME! ()
- A cat named Peter-Rabbit - Peter-Rabbit makes his official debut as a main character, and a very repressed one at that. Other characters like Tantrum debut aswell) (Peter-Rabbit, Tantrum)
- The arc where Ellen appears! - I'm too lazy to name it, but that's what it is! (Erin, Ellen, Terry)
- An arc where Meeka is in the woods and so is Taku - I will write this later. (Meeka, Taku)
- Gladius and Black - Two new characters were introduced, but unfortunately didn't stay. (Gladius, Black, Rikki)
- Swapped Lives - Nate and Max are a cat and mouse, but they've switched bodies, and are now a mouse and cat. Oh the hilarity... (Nate, Max, Peter-Rabbit)
- Special Arc: Timeline Crisis
- - What madness is this? - A strange fox shows up in the woods and runs into Taku. What could come from this? (Samuel, Taku, "mysterious coyote")
- - Red Letter Day - Alexander (Alexander)
- - Timeline Shift! - ? ()
- - Witchcraft! - Samuel begins accusing Jack of "witchcraft", while Taku tells him he's nuts. Jack reveals that he is, in fact, Satan. (Samuel, Taku, Jack)
- Lone Wolf - While doing his daily musings Rikki smells an unfamiliar animal, who just happens to be a very troubled new arrival. (Rikki, Darin, Lorna)
- A sleep-deprived dog - Mason gets introduced, along with Sid's triumphant return. (Jack, Johnny, Mason, Sid)
- Mouse and Wolf - Darin meets Nate, Max, and a mouse who happens to be another character... (Nate, Max, Darin)
- Rikki's Job - Rikki takes Lorna around as he does various things in the forest. (Rikki, Lorna, Polaris)
- - MOAR TO COME! ()
Zuchinni is killed in creative ways as a running gag. When he dies, no one seems to notice. He reappears later, unharmed. This is an ordered list of who's killed him and how.
House Rules:1 - Ranger Jack - Ran him over with a truck on the way back from the mall, thinking he was a pothole.
2 - Sid - Ran into him while leaving Enya's concert, getting his head stuck in a bowl full of molten cheese, where he drowned.
3 - God (aka, the GM) - Was on Shep and Robert's roof, holding up a disassembled lighting rod, when the lightning rod worked.
These are all important, so know them well if you're in this neighborhood.
Joining Process:- We are a Join-by-request neighborhood. That means that to join, you need to get permission from us. Follow the directions below to join. Don't worry, this isn't so much to filter out characters as to keep confusion down.
- - Amendment: On top of that, we are now virtually-capless, which means we aren't paying attention to how many active members we have, only that we can keep track of them...
- Give others a chance to respond. This is really annoying, especially in the middle of the day/morning. (American time) Not everyone can be on at all times, and when you start leaving people's characters behind, it's a problem. If someone takes less than a day to post, you need to wait. Only when it's been several days is it acceptable to do something to free up your character.
- This is
a Democracyan Anarchy, not a Bureaucracy. Unless there's a rule being enforced, or some opposition, anything (within the rating limit) goes. If you want to do something because you think it's fun, go ahead.
- WE USE IRC. It is not required that you use it, but you're going to get left out of alot of stuff if you don't use it. It also means we post alot every night (American time), because we coordinate.
- - Amendment: we don't use IRC enough anymore... It's a good idea to start using it again though...
- Watch the OOC thread. Stuff is constantly happening in here, so if you aren't watching, you're missing RP-important stuff.
- Note the Structure: I try and keep some sort of structure in this neighborhood, to who's in what "group", what's happening in what "arc", and what "day" and "season" events happen in. Keeping that in mind might be useful to avoid confusion when trying to understand what's going on.
Brookshire Meadows Cannon:1. If you want to join, you need to post a sheet in the Main OOC and then come in here.
2. Link a fully fleshed-out character sheet so we can all see what you're bringing in, and maybe add a few words on what you're bringing into the neighborhood.
At least three people who are already settled into the RP need to agree to you joining.
- Amendment: this step hasn't served much use, so at this point, you don't need approval, just a lack of disapproval. I encourage players who are currently active to look at the new sheets that are being posted and voice any concerns, objections, or suggestions they have.
4. They need to be ready to answer any questions or concerns from current members before they continue.
5. They will then be assigned a color for their character.
6. If 24 hours have passed since their join-request was posted, they can make an introductory post in the thread. (not before 24 hours unless they are told otherwise by the GM or a mod)
In BsM, we've decided on some things which aren't fully explained in the comic by doing them here. Here's a reference to the things we've used.
Yorkshire Fields- Lifelong Pets tend to be childlike, while Wild animals tend to be adultlike. Pets typically behave like human children, without much to make them become responsible, no matter how old they are, though they can become wizened and experienced. (see Xuan) Wild animals know responsibility well, and have had to worry about keeping themselves and their families safe and fed, though they can still behave like playful children. (See Rikki)
- Pets have "boyfriend/girlfriend" relationships which are just for fun. Wild animals have mates, and that works like it did in the middle ages: They start looking when they are 4 and are trying to find someone to have children with as soon as possible.
- Forest Predators are not dangerous, but that's not widely known. All the wolves in the preserve have been sternly warned not to attack any human or animal with a collar, and thus, they are afraid of them.
- The East Brookshire mall is big, and not far from the Brookshire Fields development, which is on the east edge of town. It may be the only mall in Brookshire.
- Pets have alot more rights in this state than they do in the state that Richardson Valley is in, and certain things which come up there (eg. neutering) aren't even considered in this state. Michigan has a rule that says an animal that is sent back to the shelter 3 times can be put down, but that isn't the case in this state either. Brookshire has passed some particularly pet-friendly laws, which became popular after the city's small businesses reported a lasting boost in their earnings.
- Yorkshire is the nearest big-city, while Brookshire isn't much of a city at all. They have a larger pet-hospital.
- Yorkshire is rapidly expanding, encroaching on the surrounding wildlife, causing an ecological meltdown. Wild animals in the Yorkshire are less friendly and do not socialize with each other anywhere near as much. The Mountain-lion which Rikki and Jack fought and Darin the wolf pup came to Brookshire as a result of the meltdown.
- Human hunting in the preserve is illegal, and hunting laws everywhere are presumed to be stricter than IRL, quite simply because it's alot less likely to be legal to kill an animal that can beg for mercy and has friends which might take revenge.
In early 2012, we merged Yorkshire back into Brookshire Meadow's frame of reference. Because that can be kind of weird, here's the special rules on that.
- Yorkshire is a few miles away from Brookshire, which means that characters can't simply walk between the two towns, but can easily drive back and fourth in 15 to 30 minutes.
- Yorkshire only recently copied Brookshire's Pet Friendly laws, which have been in place for a few years. Thus, characters in Yorkshire are likely to be less used to them.
- Anything that happens in Yorkshire happens in our thread, but it should clearly be happening in Yorkshire, and there shouldn't be constant crossover.
- Characters in Yorkshire Fields can still be there, but part of the idea is to slowly phase that out, so don't plan on keeping them there for too long...
-- That was the end, my first post starts here. --
Ok, so I started the neighborhood as Buckdida told me to, so I'm going to open the OOC too.
I think the first thing that we need to establish is who lives here and what the neighborhood's like. Right now I'm really into the idea of having it share an edge with a nature preserve, as that's good material. Anyone else have thoughts?
Edit: I have an idea, maybe we should post (possibly shortened) copies of our character sheets here (after making complete ones in the main PF OOC) for easy reference. Here's Rikki's.
Name - Rikki Calvin
Species - Raccoon (North American)
Age - 24 (appears older) (7 human years)
Gender - Male
Appearance - Pretty much a large, Gray and brown, North American Raccoon. Only interesting feature is an old scar on his upper left leg. He looks a little older than he is, because he grew up feral and still lives in the wilderness.
Personality - Rikki is a bit of a wild trickster. Having been born a feral, he has a tendency to act undomesticated at times.
Other - Lives with Ranger Jack Calvin.
SPECIAL - Str = 7; Per = 7; End = 6; Cha = 4; Int = 4; Agl = 7; Luk = 7;