My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Cm4F

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Cm4F »

Today, I walked into a HotTopic and bought... well, you can see.

The eyes are even derpped *squee*
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I've got one too! She's sitting on my book shelf with all my McDonald's ponies!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sleet wrote:I've got one too! She's sitting on my book shelf with all my McDonald's ponies!
*brohoofs*
ImageImage

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ooh! I got it! Dragon Ball Kai's Lord Freiza for King Sombra!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg_BPdg_4AA

Also, I'm suddenly imagining the magic duel between Twilight and Trixie going like that. :P
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

That Derpy is awesome,

also:

Official My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic #2:

Midtown Exclusive Amy Mebberson Time Turner Variant Cover
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Kyderra wrote:That Derpy is awesome,

also:

Official My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic #2:

I think we can all agree that's the best thing ever. Of all time.

Edit: also, BEHOLD! MY MLP/Avengers story!

http://solaris90.deviantart.com/art/The ... 1352477057
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Kyderra wrote:Official My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic #2:

That is really awesome. Though mariomarc actually beat you to the punch; he posted that on the last page. :p

Edit: The dancing! The daaaaaaanciiiiiiing~ XD
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I enjoyed that dancing. especially Octy's forced smile for most of it.

hey look, a new pony web comic
It's only 2 strips so far, but I like them both.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Does anyone else find it amazing how much character we fans have been able to put into these background ponies? Someone just coming into the show and only having seen a couple of episodes might not even realize that they're JUST background ponies!

And then this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvoiFD ... creen&NR=1
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Tomorrow!

Belongs to us!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Hey, where do I go online to watch the live stream for Saturday morning?
ImageImage

Radio Blue Heart

Cm4F wrote:Hey, where do I go online to watch the live stream for Saturday morning?

It has been my experience that the episodes appear on youtube within an hour of the original broadcast. You may not be able to immediately join in any discussion due to the delay, but it is a reliable method.
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Hnnnggggg I think I just died from the adorableness

As for a stream I'm sure a link to one will be up on EQD before it airs, or you can always check 4chan's pony board they will have one (or more likely more then one) for sure.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Back. Bringing you another mesmerizing pony GIF.

Just makes you wanna surrender your will and never close your eyes or move them anywhere ever again.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Have to go to work, exactly when the episode airs, bah
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Okay, so, I've been busy as of late. Doing what? Writing.

I know, that's usually Penwrite's thing, but I got drawn into doing something, and through that something, I got in contact with someone.

Now, this someone introduced me to their Fic, Becoming Fluttershy. This is part of something called a "'verse." After hearing the concept of a 'verse, I said that it's an interesting concept. This led to me being asked if I was a detail oriented person. I happen to be obsessive compulsive, so the answer was "Yes, I am."

I was then asked if I was fine with writing as Twilight, but without all her power. My response was "I don't even know how to use magic, so it'd make sense I wouldn't have her power."

Now, what I didn't know at the time was there was already a writer for Twilight, who has been saying "Magic is powered by imagination." Now, I'd be nice about it, but nice isn't my nature. The writer has very little imagination. This doesn't seem to stop them from writing Twilight with more power than she actually has though, and it's been shown doing way more than magic should. Example: Creating objects out of thin air.

There's now some sort of plot twist that makes two Twilights.

This being said, I got a late start, and now I'm writing as much as I can to catch up to the line.

Now, I'm here for some shameless self-advertising. Why am I doing shameless self-advertising? Simple.

Somehow, I'm Twilight Sparkle.

Thought you guys might like to know what all things I'm doing related to MLP as well.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleepless in Ponyville synopsis Scootaloo Episode! YAY!
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

ERMEHGERD 9 MINUTES!!!
ImageImage

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:Sleepless in Ponyville synopsis Scootaloo Episode! YAY!
Oh my gosh! I thought this day would never come!

Also, leaf, writing is my thing? I have a thing now? Cool!

EVERYONE BOW DOWN BEFORE YOUR NEW WRITING OVERLORD!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Love it love it love it!

I have three words for Twilight:
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Sleet wrote:Love it love it love it!

I have three words for Twilight:
I thought the same thing.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I need youtube links...
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:I need youtube links...
I need links! Links to the episodes!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Penwrite wrote:
angelusbr wrote:I need youtube links...
I need links! Links to the episodes!
Sadly I wasn't at home when it aired, so I'm in the wait of a charitable soul to upload it.
edit: yay!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpCcAXyWTH8
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I'm also waiting on Youtube links. I meant to get up early enough to watch the streams on EQD, but for some stupid reason when I woke up, my mind decided that it was starting at 10:30, rather than 10:00. So I just sat in bed until ten after and when I opened the stream, I'd already missed over half of the first episode. So yeah.

Also! I meant to plug this the other day, but didn't think to: We Didn't Start the Bronies. A song that a group I'm in put together a little while back that, due to some complications, barely managed to get the track mixed before S3 aired.

It's a ponified version of We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel, basically covering some major points for the brony fandom. I sang the verses myself, and a couple of the girls took background vocals for the choruses and some random points in the verses. It's not the greatest quality (since we were short on time, the leader of the group handled the mixing instead of our designated mixer; he's getting better though!), but it was really fun to do, and I'm still proud of it either way. :) Feel free to check it out and give us some love!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

KJOokami wrote:I'm also waiting on Youtube links. I meant to get up early enough to watch the streams on EQD, but for some stupid reason when I woke up, my mind decided that it was starting at 10:30, rather than 10:00. So I just sat in bed until ten after and when I opened the stream, I'd already missed over half of the first episode. So yeah.

Also! I meant to plug this the other day, but didn't think to: We Didn't Start the Bronies. A song that a group I'm in put together a little while back that, due to some complications, barely managed to get the track mixed before S3 aired.

It's a ponified version of We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel, basically covering some major points for the brony fandom. I sang the verses myself, and a couple of the girls took background vocals for the choruses and some random points in the verses. It's not the greatest quality (since we were short on time, the leader of the group handled the mixing instead of our designated mixer; he's getting better though!), but it was really fun to do, and I'm still proud of it either way. :) Feel free to check it out and give us some love!
It's out on youtube already. check the link I posted.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yep. I just finished watching. :)

Overall, it was an enjoyable episode. However, King Sombra was definitely the most underwhelming villain we've had on the show so far.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

well i will say one thing
they totally killed him

taking the stairs image one step further
Last edited by mariomarc on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radio Blue Heart

They really didn't bother to give King Sombra much of a personality. I don't think he can be compared to the likes of Discord or Chrysalis.

Poor Fluttershy. Jousting just isn't her thing.
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

FLUGELHORN!

I liked it, but I agree, King Sombra was underwhelming. They could have gotten rid of him and left it as an ominous black smoke, perhaps the last trap left by him before they got rid of him.

also, either less than a year has passed since the season one opener, or they like rounding to 1000 years. Cause Sombra was overthrown by both Celestia and Luna, but 1000 years ago Luna was on the moon already.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I feel the exact same about this that I did about the royal wedding.

It was a movie worthy concept that was forced into a 40 minute block and would have done much better to have been expanded upon. To me, it seemed rushed at times (Well, most of the time). And I find the whole thing with Twilight being graded on how she preformed during this was just silly. She's basically saving the world (Again), and being given a grade on how she did while doing so just didn't sit too well with me.

And King Sombra.
A great chance to have a quality villain, but they never did anything with him. He could have done really well if they had given the chance to characterize him some. Show his motives for ruling over the Crystal Ponies the way he did. Heck, even given him an actual line or two. I feel the same way about Chrysalis and not having given some time to characterize her, but at least we got enough that most people could probably agree how she would sound if you were to talk to her.

They did an excellent job with Discord when they did him, and to the point I consider him my favorite villain ever. Chrysalis just didn't have enough for me to really like or dislike (I'm still waiting for her to return). But Sombra just wasn't there at all. He was a shadow the entire time and gave off a super evil kind of feel, but was that kind of evil always there or did it form over the 1000 years he had been a shadow? You didn't get a feel for him at all.

I just feel that, once again, they had a really good idea that should not have been forced into 2 episodes and should have instead been a movie.

*Gets ready for all of the hate about to come at him*
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

no hate here, I agree. even before I got to the second episode, I actually thought "there's no way they can satisfactorily do everything they should in the time they have left." I enjoyed the episode, but it could have been better. And Sombra was just a smoke monster, I was hoping for more.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:FLUGELHORN!

I liked it, but I agree, King Sombra was underwhelming. They could have gotten rid of him and left it as an ominous black smoke, perhaps the last trap left by him before they got rid of him.

also, either less than a year has passed since the season one opener, or they like rounding to 1000 years. Cause Sombra was overthrown by both Celestia and Luna, but 1000 years ago Luna was on the moon already.
Since he inspires hate, fear and other negative emotions, his final act of revenge was to infect Luna's mind with jealousy and resentment. The same jealousy and resentment that turned her into Nightmare Moon.

Celestia and Twilight showed off some ability to preform dark magic. I wonder if that will have some nasty side effects for either of them.
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but I have to be honest: I think King Sombra is my favorite villain of the show, and possibly the best villain the show has had.

LET ME EXPLAIN!

First of all, he was unlike any of the other big villains. He didn't waste time proclaiming his superiority or making grand speeches like Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis did, he just went straight for his goal. He never once underestimated his enemies or got overconfident once victory seemed assured like... well, like every other villain has so far. He set up traps for anyone trying to reach the Macguffin that lasted a 1000 years, and would have absolutely succeeded if Twilight had been on her own like she planned.

And then, let's really think about what he was for a moment. King Sombra was a UNICORN. Not a corrupted alicorn, not a god of chaos, not the equivalent of an alicorn from another race, just a really evil, really powerful unicorn. And yet, the first time it took the combined might of Celestia and Luna to defeat him, while the second time around the whole struggle was to KEEP him from fully coming back. And finally, of course, there's the fact that, out of all MLP generations, out of all the villains there have been, Sombra is only the second ever to actually be killed. That by itself is awesome.

Am I annoyed that he got so little screen-time he got? Oh yeah, totally. He was way underused. But I wouldn't say he was a terrible villain at all.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

As Penwrite said, King Sombra was a very effective villain in his own way, since he didn't waste time gloating. This is a major thumb up for him. But, sadly, he didn't have much to offer in terms of personality.
The most touching part, for me, was Spike's worst fear. Being abbandoned by Twilight. Honestly, I thought it would have been better if he had tthought of being greedy again, then hurt his friends and then sent away...
But that's just me.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:As Penwrite said, King Sombra was a very effective villain in his own way, since he didn't waste time gloating. This is a major thumb up for him. But, sadly, he didn't have much to offer in terms of personality.
The most touching part, for me, was Spike's worst fear. Being abbandoned by Twilight. Honestly, I thought it would have been better if he had tthought of being greedy again, then hurt his friends and then sent away...
But that's just me.
You know, maybe that's why he was featured so little. Sombra was TOO effective a villain! :lol:

And oh yeah, I loved that scene with Spike! It calls all the way back to Owl's Well that Ends Well in season one, when Spike thought Twilight didn't love him anymore. Which, I actually consider to make more sense as a worst fear than the greed thing. Mostly because, being a dragon, he will certainly outlive Twilight and all the other mane 6 (unless the alicorn theory proves correct). Also, Spike's worst fear being him acting greedy again wouldn't quite work, as that would require changing his personality to greed again, in which case Spike wouldn't be suffering anguish from fear at all. The spell has to be subjecting the victim to something.

Also also, wife-tossing.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

When I mentioned greedy spike, I'm not talking about the fear of being huge again per se. Remember that in the end of the episode Secret of My Excess, spike looked at the destruction he caused and his huge paw print? What i mean is his fear of hurting his friends by accident and then be thrown out in the cold because of that.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:When I mentioned greedy spike, I'm not talking about the fear of being huge again per se. Remember that in the end of the episode Secret of My Excess, spike looked at the destruction he caused and his huge paw print? What i mean is his fear of hurting his friends by accident and then be thrown out in the cold because of that.
Ah. You... probably could have worded that better the first time then. But anyways, if that's what you meant, then what we're both calling his greatest fear boils down to the same thing: rejection and loneliness. In the owl episode, Spike accidently burned one of Twilight's books, lied about it, got found out and yelled at by Twilight, and left Ponyville in despair. Not counting the actual cause, greed, the events of Excess are basically the same: Spike does something terrible and feels anguish over it, perhaps fearing rejection again, but instead this time he's immediately forgiven.

Either way, rejection and loneliness are Spike's greatest fear... and I'm seriously over-analyzing this little girl's show, aren't I?

Although, hold on there... Spike feared getting rejected by Twilight... and Twilight feared getting rejected by Celestia... of course! It's Oedipa- *gets bombarded by thrown rocks*
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I actually agree with some of the people on 4chan Sombra wasn't really a real character, he was just a plot device, an obstacle for Twilight and the rest to overcome; but for being that I though he was pretty cool. I thought that whole little bit with Twilight and Spike was very sweet. Rarity was very funny in the beginning as well with the over reactions to the crystal ponies and stuff. I also loved Shining Armors Wife tossing at the end that was cool. Also what about that black book that Luna had at the end of part 2? I think we are clearly seeing the beginnings of an over arcing plot again! YAY!

Over all the episode was great I think some parts of it were rushed but I don't think it was to the level that Royal Wedding was. I can't wait for what the res to the season has for us! Also I can't believe I forgot this that Fluttershy body suit Pinkie Pie had! I freaking lost it at that part I was laughing for a long while after that.