Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Beagle

Re: Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Post by Beagle »

Esquire Fox wrote:Dating is one of our silliest cultural expectations. All the effort you spend towards trying to forge a relationship with someone you just met could be better spent making friends.
Good friends are open and honest with one another. You don't have to worry about many of the negative aspects of relationships or meeting any gender-assigned expectations.
As your friendship with someone deepens, whatever gender they may be, you could then start a relationship or perhaps just decide to live together.

I really wish society worked like that.
I firmly do not believe in casual dating. It's better to have a few significant relationships than a ton of casual whatevers.
Have you ever heard the phrase of, "a relationship without friendship is like building a mansion upon the sand"? A good relationship involves two people being open and honest together as well; communication is key for any good relationship. I haven't ever dated someone I couldn't be friends with. Also, worrying about negative aspects of a relationship is like having a fear of driving because you might blow out a tire. Of course one is taking a big risk, but that shouldn't completely hinder a person from living their life.
And believe me, I'm all for breaking gender expectations, but there are some things that are indoctrinated into everyone. :P

Ultimately, people have to achieve a sense of balance in their lives before they can really be in a relationship. So there's nothing wrong with being single.

Also, sorry about complaining to everyone last night. I really thought I had known the guy I was dating, but I've been seeing a really, really ugly side of him that I never knew he had. It's complicated and I'm not going to talk about it to the full extent. :P
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Punchy wrote:My advice for dating and getting into a relationship...
Sleet wrote:
Souji wrote:Don't do it don't do it oh God get out while you still can. Run.
:P
LOL that's also my advice.

Post by 0404 »

Otaku-Boy wrote:title drop!!

Texas, could you come here and tell that to a good portion of my school :twisted:
get me da choppa so that I can fly to there.

knock knock anyone out there? I'm sick and I'm just chillexing right now. bored..
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm here, but I'm about to head on over to my friend's house. I hoPe you feel better soon!

Post by 0404 »

thanks beagle.
I even refused to play DnD with my friends today *sniffle* :(
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

texascat018 wrote:thanks beagle.
I even refused to play DnD with my friends today *sniffle* :(
/hug

I'm planning on joining Nanowrimo this year again. Got a great idea for a book. Built from scratch, but plenty of ideas for it. A Short Story though. =)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

texascat018 wrote:
Otaku-Boy wrote:title drop!!

Texas, could you come here and tell that to a good portion of my school :twisted:
get me da choppa so that I can fly to there.

knock knock anyone out there? I'm sick and I'm just chillexing right now. bored..
Unfortanately, my chopper has been destroyed....wah

Um...excactly how do you play :? dnd
Chaplin

Post by Chaplin »

defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I find it amusing you're both here, saying the same thing.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?

Post by 0404 »

Leafolawl wrote:I find it amusing you're both here, saying the same thing.
and coincidentally our DnD adventure is based on finding the 7 pieces of sandviches spread all around the place. :o
otaku wrote: Unfortanately, my chopper has been destroyed....wah

Um...excactly how do you play dnd
I don't know how to explain it I only played it twice
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Private Elliot wrote:defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
I just defeated a tasty ham sandwich. Its resting place is currently in my stomach.
*hugs Elly and Chaplin because it's nice to see them*
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hey Beagle, it's friday. Why are you on the forum instead of playing at a football game? :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

JeffCvt wrote:Hey Beagle, it's friday. Why are you on the forum instead of playing at a football game? :P
Hey Jeff, our football season is over. :P The last game was last week. We start playing in mid-August. Our football team is crap anyways. :P

I have a competition tomorrow though! I'll be sure to send you a video if it gets recorded!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh. Our last game is next Friday.

Speaking of which, I have some interesting things to tell about tonight and the football game. But not now, I'm too tired. Must sleep!
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
McFly

Post by McFly »

Our last game is next Friday, as well.

It'll be my last game as a senior, too.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Your football season doesn't extend into November?

Man, kids these days and their early school years.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

The last time I checked Sleet, next Friday is November. :P

For the most part, that only happens if we go to the playoffs for the state championship. And with the way our football team has been playing, that's not going to happen. This fact is also saddened by the fact we have some of the best running backs in the state, but the coaches just don't seem to realize the fact that if you run the ball every single play, the other team is going to set up to utterly stop you every single play.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I went to a football game last week. It was in Texas and we told our team to make the other team feast upon fecal matter quite a few times.

Do all football teams have such vulgar cheers, or is Texas just weird?
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Nope, we do it up north too.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I've never heard such cheers where I am. And I have been to a few collage football games, they didn't have anything like that either.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The football division my university was in can penalize a team if their fans are rude and profane. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other

Post by 0404 »

my school doesn't even have a highschool football team. cuz it's too costy :evil: :evil:
Last edited by 0404 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

KJOokami wrote:I went to a football game last week. It was in Texas and we told our team to make the other team feast upon fecal matter quite a few times.

Do all football teams have such vulgar cheers, or is Texas just weird?
Nah me and my friend's have shouted some things that could make a sailor blush at MSU games.
Dissension wrote:The football division my university was in can penalize a team if their fans are rude and profane. = P
Ew, lame.

I've never understood people trying to eliminate profanity from sporting events. It's a tense competitive atmosphere, and that brings out the worst in some people. It's not really something that can be stopped.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Maybe, but theyre sure trying their hardest...if its at school though, it makes things more understandable

But then again, I hate football(and sports in general) so I shouldnt be talking :lol:
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

At our games, we yell at our players with things that were so foul you could peel paint off a house with it
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Wow, I've been gone a while! I'm just finishing up the semester, had heaps of assignments, got one more due Tuesday and then four exams over the next two weeks! :( So if you see me here, I'm either procrastinating or giving up. :P Anyways, time to get up to date on all the conversations since I was here last (hope I'm not going too far back...)!

-Bacon!
-It's nice to see people from the forum before I was on! Hey Elly and Chaplin!
-Wanderer, you are an awesome person and if we ever laugh at you, we are actually laughing with you, as cliche as that sounds! :)
-Congrats to Beagle on your SATs (I don't know what the scores mean, we don't have 'em here) and if we lived in the same area, I'd totally hang out with you however you wanted and it wouldn't be weird...although that came out a little wierd...I just don't get why there has to be so much DRAMA!!!!! I would've posted heaps on the relationship talk if I had've been there.
-Jeff, I can totally help with Calculus too if you need someone who's not a definite-girl OR possible-girl. ;)
-TexasCat, hope you get better soon! Have some soup, but not of the ice-cream variety!

And finally, I'm divided when it comes to profanity and sports, you have kids at those games who will take that competitive atmosphere into other areas, but when you get really into it you can't help it, which would be fine if people shook hands and left it at the game but generally they don't, they stay competitive over who's is the better team even after the game's over.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I really don't like when people take sports too seriously. I enjoy the competitive aspect of it and I'll play along with rivalries. Yes, I dislike the Cubs, but if someone likes them, they really haven't done anything to deserve actual, legitimate spite. I prefer cheering for our team more than yelling at the other.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Liam

Post by Liam »

Anybody know how to get a web scraper for FA? Firefox add-on preferred.

Clicking through dozens of pages and hitting "save" doesn't cut it.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Getting angry or profane at sporting events is something I'm not particularly proud of and I'll admit admit it's kinda dumb, but that's just how some people (including me) react to sports. I dunno as long as there aren't small children around I don't really have any sympathy for people. If someone's an adult other adults swearing may not be something they approve of but they should be able to deal with it (especially if they came to a college football game, us students are pretty notorious for getting rowdy.)
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

So yeah, I'm a slacker. Sleet as my teacher can attest to that.

Now that I've come to grips with it, time to get off my duff again and try to get serious about stuff (again).
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

JeffCvt wrote:Oh. Our last game is next Friday.

Speaking of which, I have some interesting things to tell about tonight and the football game. But not now, I'm too tired. Must sleep!
I definitely want to know whenever you're all rested up and that good stuff!
Nyaliva wrote:-Congrats to Beagle on your SATs (I don't know what the scores mean, we don't have 'em here) and if we lived in the same area, I'd totally hang out with you however you wanted and it wouldn't be weird...although that came out a little wierd...I just don't get why there has to be so much DRAMA!!!!! I would've posted heaps on the relationship talk if I had've been there.
*giggles* You're such a sweetie, Ny! I appreciate it!
(A 1760 on the SAT is pretty darn good, in my area of the country, anyways.)

Also, Sleet, what do you want for Christmas this year? Last year's deal worked out pretty darn well! I need to start thinking about this stuff pretty soon, because it'll be here before we know it.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Foxstar wrote:So yeah, I'm a slacker. Sleet as my teacher can attest to that.

Now that I've come to grips with it, time to get off my duff again and try to get serious about stuff (again).
At least you keep trying, dude. One does not become a failure till one decides one is a failure and gives up.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Except me.
I'm a failure even though I haven't given up. *Cries*

But being serous now, no one is ever going to not make mistakes in there lives. One of my Carpentry teachers tells us all the time how he would always tell his boss that he wanted to do the most difficult things when building a house, and his boss would say "Don't mess up," and then he would. And even though he would mess up, he kept trying and eventually became the guy put in charge of all of that stuff.

I've got my sights set high for my Senior Project, and I've already messed up a few times. One was a major mess up that is going to require a lot of time and effort to fix, but that hasn't stopped me.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

JeffCvt wrote: I've got my sights set high for my Senior Project, and I've already messed up a few times. One was a major mess up that is going to require a lot of time and effort to fix, but that hasn't stopped me.
I hope you slept well this weekend!

For my graduation project, I've been making and selling floral arrangements, then donating the money to one of the medically uninsured victims of the July 2012 Aurora, Colorado, shooting. In two months, I've raised over $200 to help with Caleb Medley's medical expenses. I still have about a month left for my project. ^_^

Also, 44R0NM10 is awesome because he totally supported my project. I need to send him a thank you card when it's done. :3
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Wow, that's awesome. My school has a lot of stuff like that done, but I just wouldn't be able to do something like that. Too much paperwork.

Actually, my senior project is building this:
(Exact photo from websight my plans came from)

I messed up one of the pieces of plywood. And it was a piece that I couldn't really afford to mess up because it is going to be very hard to get exactly the same as the other piece that goes with it. But it is what it is, I'm going to get it re-made next class and get the next two parts glued together.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Nyaliva wrote: -Wanderer, you are an awesome person and if we ever laugh at you, we are actually laughing with you, as cliche as that sounds :).
Sorry to say but that actually was not very reassuring.

If I recall correctly, the maximum score on the SAT is 2400. Its actually not that great of a score just letting you know.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Wanderer wrote:
Nyaliva wrote: -Wanderer, you are an awesome person and if we ever laugh at you, we are actually laughing with you, as cliche as that sounds :).
Sorry to say but that actually was not very reassuring.

If I recall correctly, the maximum score on the SAT is 2400. Its actually not that great of a score just letting you know.
Well, that wasn't rude in any form or manner. But thanks for telling me that my score sucks, I really appreciate it.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I really appreciate your sarcasm. I didnt say your score sucked. That was your interpretation of what I said. I prefer to be objective. I meant to inform you so that you arent too disappointed when you realize your score isnt as great as you might've initially thought.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Actually, Wanderer, you're wrong. That's a good score.

Also, it's no use trying to sound innocent when you literally said

Wanderer wrote:Its actually not that great of a score