A Friendly Forum

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

PeanutFan1997

A Friendly Forum

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Even though this is my first ever forum, I really love it here. What about you regulars? Do you guys like this Housepets forum?
Peanut is an AWESOME character. 'Nuff said.

Okay I also like King and Fox's friendship ^^;

Let's face it I just LOVE Housepets. If I played against Peanut on a videogame...I'd lose. I'm pretty skilled too XD
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: A Friendly Forum

Post by Sleet »

I love it! The environment is very friendly and innocent, an the people are great!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Renkun

Post by Renkun »

Oh yes and all this people here are really great i am self not so the really post active and from time to time i understand only the half (I am self not so good in english^^") but yes I LOVE IT :mrgreen:
I'm a happy playfull kitty in a party of my soul but form time to time a evil wolf
that's my soul and i love it and I would want to change it never
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

This was my first forum ever, and it's so friendly I never want to leave.
I also don't want to try other forums cause they'll be full of jerks compared to this place.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

Post by 0404 »

this place is like warm and fuzzy cat (or dog). it nibbles you, snuggles you and bites you. :3
it's really nice place.
Last edited by 0404 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Well, I joined many forums in past and this one has positive energy. Most of people are friendly and open minded. Some crazy in a good way. Also there were lots of interesting discussions.
Of course I had bad moments too, like when someone was pointing out that I give too much criticism when it comes to someone's work. Or when I got accused for propagating bad behavior. But nothing is ideal.
But overall it's okay in my opinion and it's a nice place to stay. Though I only wish that Mr. Griffin would find more time to post here. He always has something interesting to say
I'm a bookworm!
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

This is a very nice place to visit, and it has a PG rating to, so it's not like other forums where every other post is insultng, very cursy, or jut plain mean, so this is definitely an AWESOME place! :mrgreen:
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sure, the people may be nice, but it's mostly due to heavy moderating.
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Otaku-Boy wrote:This is a very nice place to visit, and it has a PG rating to, so it's not like other forums where every other post is insultng, very cursy, or jut plain mean, so this is definitely an AWESOME place! :mrgreen:

I guess other forums have a lot of trolls then?

Let's face it I just LOVE Housepets. If I played against Peanut on a videogame...I'd lose. I'm pretty skilled too XD
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

This forum is not only full of good people and well moderated, but it is one of the nicer looking forums I have seen too.

Just the way everything is organized, Avatars are all the same size (Or at least can't go over a specific size), everything is easy to read and understand.
This was the first forum I ever joined, and I have looked at joining others since then, but they never even came close to how good this one was. So far, this is still the only forum I am on.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Wanderer wrote:Sure, the people may be nice, but it's mostly due to heavy moderating.
You're welcome. *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

This place is lovely, and no one has been rude to me :) so stick around a while
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I really like it here. I've been here so long that we all seem like family, honestly. That sometimes involves getting on each other nerves' every now and again, but that can happen in a small, tightly-knit community. It really meant so much to me when I hit rock bottom about a month ago and everyone here was constantly checking up on me to make sure I was okay; one member basically gave me his phone number and told me to call if I ever needed someone to talk to. I can't even begin to express how much it means after you've cried and cried and cried and log-in to find that ten different people have left you messages and posts asking if you need someone to talk to. I feel really comfortable here and I can always find someone to talk with.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
McFly

Post by McFly »

It's really awesome. Like Brent, this was my first forum, and I've been lovin' it ever since.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

This is the first forums I have been on, and the only one to be truthful. It is defiantly a fun one, and I've got quite fond memories of it. But I have gotten pretty inactive now since most the people I knew and were friends with, I no longer speak with.

No longer have an incentive to stay.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm sorry to hear that, Flint. :(
Dissension wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Sure, the people may be nice, but it's mostly due to heavy moderating.
You're welcome. *giggles*
I was actually going to make this exact same post. Except in black text.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Karl

Post by Karl »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:But I have gotten pretty inactive now since most the people I knew and were friends with, I no longer speak with.
You can always make new friends :) We're around all the time, can always send a friendly message to us if you want.
I'm a bookworm!
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I have been part of a few different forums, all for Dragon Ball Z and those forums were way different to this one.

They never contained such warm, honest, approachable members like you get on this site. Sure, I did have a lot of fun and they were supportive of talent but one member in particular was just the most unreasonable jerk.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

This is my ... third forum to have been on. The first was for a flash game that I got sick of waiting for it to be finished and the people on the forum were real jerks usually. Then I signed up for a forum for another webcomic and stopped visiting that page shortly thereafter. Now I'm here and have been for a while. It's nice and warm and friendly, as everyone else has said.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I use to roleplay at GameFaqs at the social boards back then. Mainly Digimon and Resident Evil. I met some awesome people there and since then though, roleplaying hasn't been my thing for awhile since it just grew too repetitive for me. This board though is much more easier to adapt to though and love most of the friendly atmosphere here.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Guys I've actually been a jerk the whole time. I'm going to stop pretending to be nice now.

Housefox, your tail is dumb.
The Grey Wolverine

No, no, my innocence, it has been shattered ;_;
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

What you perceive as "Wanderer" is a greatly filtered version of me.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Wanderer wrote:What you perceive as "Wanderer" is a greatly filtered version of me.
This forum is PG, that can be said abput (mostly) EVERYONE... :twisted:
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I like this forum a lot. The people are friendly and positive, and the administrators do an excellent job making sure that this is a safe place.

I had some bad experiences at other webcomic forums. You would be surprised how vicious some people get over something a benign as comics.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Otaku-Boy wrote:
Wanderer wrote:What you perceive as "Wanderer" is a greatly filtered version of me.
You may be making a large assumption. In my case, at least, how I behave on the forms is pretty much reflective of how I behave off the forums (and in real life).

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I act the same here as I would in person, as long as I wasn't surrounded by those IRL I seriously do not like. Except for my sense of humor- that doesn't always have a place in this forum. :P
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Beagle wrote:I act the same here as I would in person, as long as I wasn't surrounded by those IRL I seriously do not like. Except for my sense of humor- that doesn't always have a place in this forum. :P
I try to be my regular dorky self. It's pretty easy so I have nothing to hide. However two of my favorite franchises are Mega Man and Street Fighter.

DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Otaku-Boy wrote:
Totally this. I'm usually more 'adult' and 'mature' IRL ;)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I despise people who use the words "adult" and "mature" as stand-ins for "alcoholic" and "sexually-oriented." Having said that, the rating of the forums precludes further discussion of the latter topic, especially given the creepy emoticon used at the end of the statement.

PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Dissension wrote:I despise people who use the words "adult" and "mature" as stand-ins for "alcoholic" and "sexually-oriented." Having said that, the rating of the forums precludes further discussion of the latter topic, especially given the creepy emoticon used at the end of the statement.
Dissension has a point. I am only 14. While I know a fair share about it. I'd rather not here at a friendly forum. Dissension you and all the other people I've friended are awesome!

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

My lurking on the forum definitely reflects my RL self. :ugeek: *sage nod*
I have only been on one other forum, and it was a good place.
This place is also a place, and the comic is wonderful. Thus I tend to hang around. :D
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I like this forum, because it has tons of people who talk about tons of thing! At first I was scared of this place though since it was my first experience with a forum, but I learned that the mods aren't scary people, unless it is Halloween. I try to act like myself on the forum, but not completely since I am extremely shy around strangers in real life. Anyway this place is amazing and I like being able to see tons of cool stuff here.
And now because of this place I name all the squirrels I meet on the street either Diss or Flint. :lol:
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Zukio wrote:I like this forum, because it has tons of people who talk about tons of thing! At first I was scared of this place though since it was my first experience with a forum, but I learned that the mods aren't scary people, unless it is Halloween. I try to act like myself on the forum, but not completely since I am extremely shy around strangers in real life. Anyway this place is amazing and I like being able to see tons of cool stuff here.
And now because of this place I name all the squirrels I meet on the street either Diss or Flint. :lol:
That's really nice to know ^w^

The Grey Wolverine

I love this forum, that is all :D
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Karlos wrote:
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:But I have gotten pretty inactive now since most the people I knew and were friends with, I no longer speak with.
You can always make new friends :) We're around all the time, can always send a friendly message to us if you want.
Easier said than done. Faced with people you haven't met, that you don't know, you don't have anything in common with, who you can not talk to about subjects you know or they know, or even faced with people you might clash with; how can you strike up friendships among such a crowd?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

On this forum, just look at or create topics that have an interest of yours. Like the video game or music topic. Chances are, if someone posts a lot in it, you can strike up a conversation with them about the subject that can eventually lead to other topics of discussion and before you know it, you have another friend.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

MilesKingford wrote:
Karlos wrote:
Easier said than done. Faced with people you haven't met, that you don't know, you don't have anything in common with, who you can not talk to about subjects you know or they know, or even faced with people you might clash with; how can you strike up friendships among such a crowd?
Very well said. Your occupation as an author really shows.
And yea, that is the problem. Can't really be friends with anyone, since you may not have anything in common with them.
Not sure if this coincides or breaks the boundaries of this topic.

JeffCvt wrote:On this forum, just look at or create topics that have an interest of yours. Like the video game or music topic. Chances are, if someone posts a lot in it, you can strike up a conversation with them about the subject that can eventually lead to other topics of discussion and before you know it, you have another friend.
Although there are threads for everything, there are also sub-categories that make them up.
Games can be horror, shooter, platformer and whatnot while Cars can be any certain brand. That's what tends to complicate this. So its not that easy. Personality also makes a difference.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote: Very well said. Your occupation as an author really shows.
And yea, that is the problem. Can't really be friends with anyone, since you may not have anything in common with them.
Not sure if this coincides or breaks the boundaries of this topic.
Thanks, Flint. :)
And we are still talking about housepets so it should be fine.

@ JeffCvt - It is not that simple. I have tried with people (both here and in real life) and it never lasts. Eventually they get bored with you or they shun you. You approach them and they avoid you. You talk to them but they hardly listen to you. When you talk about stuff you care about they simply could not be bothered to even say anything in response. And when it is over and you watch them walk off on their merry way, you stop and think "What on earth is the point of trying?" But yet you still hold out hope for someone...
Last edited by MilesKingford on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Although there are threads for everything, there are also sub-categories that make them up.
Games can be horror, shooter, platformer and whatnot while Cars can be any certain brand. That's what tends to complicate this. So its not that easy. Personality also makes a difference.
Well in my experience (note this is just me. It might be different for everyone else), you can still usually find some common ground in those categories.

I have an interest in games, and so does one of my close friends. Even though our taste in games are drastically different 99% of the time (shooter and racing games for me, Zelda and harvest moon type games for her) we still find common ground in the Pokemon series. And even then, we still talk to each other about our personal taste in games even if we don't really play them.

Even if I know nothing about a subject (Like cars), I still enjoy talking about them with someone who does know a lot.

That's one thing I like about this forum. I can talk to almost anyone here about anything.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit