Where y'all from?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Dissension

Re: Where y'all from?

Post by Dissension »

Ebly wrote:I'm going to repeat that I'm in Adelaide, which is in Australia, for the simple fact that I'm that awesome and you all wanted to know that for yet another time.
You guys use kangaroos for transportation, right? You ride in the pouch? The rest of the world uses these things we call automobiles. They're like pouches, but with more room and they're much faster than 'roo hops.

And now for something completely different!

G'day, I'm roight stoked ta be meetin' ya. Figured I might have a gander at all the boomers in the back o' beyond. True blue, are we, Ebly? Gonna slap a snag on the barbie? Or is shrimp on the menu?

I'm from somewhere in the South, USA. I CAN'T TELL YOU WHERE. xD

...Russellville, Arkansas

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Dissension wrote:
Ebly wrote:I'm going to repeat that I'm in Adelaide, which is in Australia, for the simple fact that I'm that awesome and you all wanted to know that for yet another time.
You guys use kangaroos for transportation, right? You ride in the pouch? The rest of the world uses these things we call automobiles. They're like pouches, but with more room and they're much faster than 'roo hops.

G'day, I'm roight stoked ta be meetin' ya. Figured I might have a gander at all the boomers in the back o' beyond. True blue, are we, Ebly? Gonna slap a snag on the barbie? Or is shrimp on the menu?

*snerk* *snerk* AHhahahahahaha!

You are so going to get kicked in the face by a kangaroo if you go to Australia!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Dissension wrote:

Mate, ya talk like a true blue yobbo but Oi bet you aint done the yakka to know. Y'can type with a wannabe okka accent til the cows come home mate but it wont make the heffers know what ya talkin about, y'know? Steve irwin weren't exactly beloved. The bogans would eat you up and thats not even beginnin ta count all the roight derro idiots ya get around here. Now eat yer villis 'n shut up until you know your vegemite better than i do.

so anyway. you're american, right? you love McDonalds, right?
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ebly wrote:
Dissension wrote:

Mate, ya talk like a true blue yobbo but Oi bet you aint done the yakka to know. Y'can type with a wannabe okka accent til the cows come home mate but it wont make the heffers know what ya talkin about, y'know? Steve irwin weren't exactly beloved. The bogans would eat you up and thats not even beginnin ta count all the roight derro idiots ya get around here. Now eat yer villis 'n shut up until you know your vegemite better than i do.

*Snerk*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*Gasp*AHAHAHAHAHAHA

I find this conversation amusing. Also, I prefer In-N-Out Burger. McDonald's gives me stomachaches.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

I am from almost the most North Eastern part of Kansas. A little town called Overland Park. That little North Eastern squiggle is the only part of Kansas that is not full of religious nuts and hillbillies.

Fun Fact: The reason Kansas is missing that part off the corner is not because of the river, but because that part of the state was the most liberal. So they brought down Jesus to cut the corner off and give it to the neighboring states. But he missed part of it so there are still some people who think with their brain and not their gut there.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ebly wrote:
Dissension wrote:

Yes. I'm a rule-breaker who flies by the seat of his pants and doesn't respect authority because I'm too cool for school and shouldn't be trusted near anyone's daughter for obvious reasons.

Also, I'm really awesome.

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Dissension wrote:
Ebly wrote:
Dissension wrote:You guys use kangaroos for transportation, right? You ride in the pouch? The rest of the world uses these things we call automobiles. They're like pouches, but with more room and they're much faster than 'roo hops.

Yes. I'm a rule-breaker who flies by the seat of his pants and doesn't respect authority because I'm too cool for school and shouldn't be trusted near anyone's daughter for obvious reasons.

Also, I'm really awesome.
Because you'll braid her hair?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ebly wrote:Because you'll braid her hair?
I'm not that talented.

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Dissension wrote:
Ebly wrote:Because you'll braid her hair?
I'm not that talented.
It's slipping through your fingers all the time?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Yes, there's always something slipping through my fingers.

FerretWithASpork

Post by FerretWithASpork »

I actually have a tube of vegemite that an Aussie friend sent me :P de-licious!

When I got the package it came with specific instructions not to use it without consulting my friend on proper usage first XD
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Just... don't eat it straight. Everyone eats it straight and goes oh no that's gross i can't ever have it on bread. It's stupid because it tastes different straight as to how it tastes on bread. Especially with cheese, and oh man i want one now
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Vegemite?

*looks up on google*

...Huh.

Great. Now I'm gonna have to taste this and see if I like it or not, because the first impression failed to make it sound delicious or disgusting.

Dangit Ebly!
FerretWithASpork

If you're not an Aussie you'll most likely hate it XD That seems to be how it works.

I had toast with butter and vegemite. I'd try cheese but I'm lactose intolerant :P
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Oh man that sounds delicious. . x.

But to be fair? I hate promite, marmite, and this 'powermite' crap that's not even a proper mite probably. They all taste gross to me, but vegemite is yum . 3.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

FerretWithASpork wrote:If you're not an Aussie you'll most likely hate it XD That seems to be how it works.

I had toast with butter and vegemite. I'd try cheese but I'm lactose intolerant :P
This makes little to no sense since butter is made from milk. :lol:

Perhaps you mean margarine? :lol:

Although, these days most people (myself included) call things that clearly are not butter, butter. Like that stuff they put on popcorn at movie theaters.

How do you even make artificial butter?

Why am I even talking about butter?

Ferret, this is all your fault. And some of Ebly's. Because we once again have a case of blurry post syndrome. ARGH
Unsilenced

Post by Unsilenced »

I'm from the west end of the one between Canada and Mexico.
"Why aren't you wearing your helmet?"
"Because then I would be a redshirt."
"What? What's a re-" BLAM!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:
FerretWithASpork wrote:If you're not an Aussie you'll most likely hate it XD That seems to be how it works.

This makes little to no sense since butter is made from milk. :lol:

Perhaps you mean margarine? :lol:

Although, these days most people (myself included) call things that clearly are not butter, butter. Like that stuff they put on popcorn at movie theaters.

How do you even make artificial butter?

Why am I even talking about butter?

Ferret, this is all your fault. And some of Ebly's. Because we once again have a case of blurry post syndrome. ARGH
I rather appreciate the flavour of cheesecake.
FerretWithASpork

Yeah, i use "I can't believe it's not butter!" I think the ratio of artifical butter to real butter in the world is like 50:1... noone uses real butter unless they churn it themselves

And mmmmmmmmmm cheesecake!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

FerretWithASpork wrote:noone uses real butter unless they churn it themselves
i didn't realise everyone i know churns butter themselves
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Like there's any alternative in Australia. x3

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Right now i'm watching a new "Anthony Bourdain" episode in Australia. dang i love that guy.

oh its back on.....

what what? Jolly good time.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Dissension wrote:Like there's any alternative in Australia. x3
actually i like olive grove's margarine
somehow it's tastier to me than real butter
i find real butter's too rich and fatty for my tastes, i only ever use it in cooking
why does this even matter
i'll stop now
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Everybody has to defend their homeland from baseless accusations. xD

I don't really know anything about Australia except what I've picked up in books, some old TV shows, etc. I know how ridiculous my claims of Australian backwardness are, though.

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Yeah
but
we're still pretty upside-down
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

I'm from northern Texas. It's.... pretty boring. But we've got... road runners? And Armadillos? (I'd much rather live somewhere colder)

Well, now that that's done with, time to talk more about Australia! My dad is from Australia, and he constantly tried to make me eat Vegemite when I was younger (I wouldn't try it cause it just didn't look like it appealed to me), but this year I finally tried it when I was forced into a Food Day in Spanish. My dad made like 6 cheese and Vegemite sandwiches to be split up for the class and when everyone was saying "Woah this is good! What is this stuff?" I decided "Ehhh I might as well."

And dang. It was good.
At first it tasted weird, then it tasted really good, and people were asking for seconds. The only complaint that I had was that the taste stayed in my throat the rest of the day, even after the other food I ate.
My dad always talks about the stuff they had back in Australia and I've always wanted to visit one day just to see why the food he talked about was so good (one thing he's told me about since I was a little kid was a "Blue Heaven Milkshake").

Anyways, right now I'd rather be anywhere than in Texas (not only is it too hot for me, but people always expect me to have that heavy southern accent, enjoy barbecues, and love rodeo)
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Oh hey, you're new! Welcome.

Watch out for Slippy and Dylan. They both live in Texas. All the more reason to leave. :lol:

Also ha I live on the cost. Nice and cool there.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:Oh hey, you're new! Welcome.

Watch out for Slippy and Dylan. They both live in Texas. All the more reason to leave. :lol:

I'd point it out but that wouldn't be nice, so I'm just going to point out the fact that there is something to point out. <3

Toastyboy, I like you, and I like your dad. You guys are good blokes.
The only reason vegemite would stay in your throat like that is cause you're not used to it <3 you kind of just adapt to the yeast extracts over time.
We live with bread in our mouth, yup. Anyway.
Blue heaven is actually a flavouring syrup. You just basically put it into a milkshake and yeah. . 3.
the thing is, it's amazing delicious awesome
Also I'm just going to put it out there: Kangaroo steak.
It's stringier than beef but that just means you have to cook it a tiny bit differently.
It tastes way meatier. It's a real meat. That's all there is to it. I luv my kangawoo-woo steakies <3
as far as stereotypes go i absolutely love a proper barbeque. the meat is so good and argh yummmm <3
ffhahaha <3
i don't care if it's a stereotype you have got to love barbeques. rodeos i will forgive you for because i don't like them and also you don't need a southern accent (but let me tell you you will have at -least- an american accent which i love). I AM SO OBVIOUSLY THE DETERMINER OF A PERSON'S WORTH BASED ON STEREOTYPES AND MY OPINION OF THEM.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ebly wrote:

I'd point it out but that wouldn't be nice, so I'm just going to point out the fact that there is something to point out. <3

i don't care if it's a stereotype you have got to love barbeques. rodeos i will forgive you for because i don't like them and also you don't need a southern accent (but let me tell you you will have at -least- an american accent which i love). I AM SO OBVIOUSLY THE DETERMINER OF A PERSON'S WORTH BASED ON STEREOTYPES AND MY OPINION OF THEM.
Coast, Buckdida, coast is spelled with an 'a.'

I have an American accent. It's all... General American Dialect-y (think American newscasters or movie preview voice over artists), with a few Southern things I'm too lazy to quit using (occasionally 'pin' for 'pen' and 'wale' for 'whale,' etc.). I R Newsman. *laughs*

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Dissension wrote:
Ebly wrote:

Coast, Buckdida, coast is spelled with an 'a.'

I have an American accent. It's all... General American Dialect-y (think American newscasters or movie preview voice over artists), with a few Southern things I'm too lazy to quit using (occasionally 'pin' for 'pen' and 'wale' for 'whale,' etc.). I R Newsman. *laughs*
Of course you do <3
i love the american accent, it's so cute and kind of drawly and the vowels are so long and argh i don't know it makes me giggly n happy i love it <3
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Dissension wrote:Coast, Buckdida, coast is spelled with an 'a.'
*Gettdisduvagerrr-ackpth-gethdurg* (best phonetic spelling of the vocal sound of inward rage I emitted)

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

EDIT: I've updated my sig because of this, I hope you're happy.
Last edited by Buckdida on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:
Dissension wrote:Coast, Buckdida, coast is spelled with an 'a.'
*Gettdisduvagerrr-ackpth-gethdurg* (best phonetic spelling of the vocal sound of inward rage I emitted)

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH
<3
...hence why i didn't want to be the one to point it out <3
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Ebly wrote: I'd point it out but that wouldn't be nice, so I'm just going to point out the fact that there is something to point out. <3

Toastyboy, I like you, and I like your dad. You guys are good blokes.
The only reason vegemite would stay in your throat like that is cause you're not used to it <3 you kind of just adapt to the yeast extracts over time.
Blue heaven is actually a flavouring syrup. You just basically put it into a milkshake and yeah. . 3.
It's stringier than beef but that just means you have to cook it a tiny bit differently.
It tastes way meatier. It's a real meat. That's all there is to it. I luv my kangawoo-woo steakies <3
as far as stereotypes go i absolutely love a proper barbeque. the meat is so good and argh yummmm <3
ffhahaha <3
Nice to have a warm welcome so far! Yeah I'm the only one in my family (besides my cousin, we're the "weird" ones) who doesn't like rodeos. At holidays they're either watching Football or a Rodeo and I'm like "Aaaargh!", so me and my cousin go to play video games. One of my friends' family throws a barbecue like once every week or two, and while I do enjoy the food, I hate how I always end up sitting on the couch day dreaming.

I don't know where to place my accent really. I used to have a slight Australian accent from hanging out with my dad so much (My friends said I used to sound Australian, until around the 4th grade), then it just went away after I became aware of it. If I did sound Australian, it couldn't have been strong at all, because I've spoken with some of my dad's friends over the phone, and I can barely understand a word of what they say (it takes me a few seconds to process it). I normally don't speak with neither a Southern nor an Australian accent, but when I do... it just feels awesome. When I say G'day to my dad on the phone I can't help but smile, and when I order the Chicken Critters off the Texas Roadhouse menu and say Critters like that, it just feels RIGHT.

Also: Now I have to go to Australia to taste the milkshake and the kangaroo meat. My life will not be content until I taste the deliciousness.
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ToastyJester wrote:Nice to have a warm welcome so far! Yeah I'm the only one in my family (besides my cousin, we're the "weird" ones) who doesn't like rodeos. At holidays they're either watching Football or a Rodeo and I'm like "Aaaargh!", so me and my cousin go to play video games. One of my friends' family throws a barbecue like once every week or two, and while I do enjoy the food, I hate how I always end up sitting on the couch day dreaming.

I don't know where to place my accent really. I used to have a slight Australian accent from hanging out with my dad so much (My friends said I used to sound Australian, until around the 4th grade), then it just went away after I became aware of it. If I did sound Australian, it couldn't have been strong at all, because I've spoken with some of my dad's friends over the phone, and I can barely understand a word of what they say (it takes me a few seconds to process it). I normally don't speak with neither a Southern nor an Australian accent, but when I do... it just feels awesome. When I say G'day to my dad on the phone I can't help but smile, and when I order the Chicken Critters off the Texas Roadhouse menu and say Critters like that, it just feels RIGHT.

Also: Now I have to go to Australia to taste the milkshake and the kangaroo meat. My life will not be content until I taste the deliciousness.
Haah, awesome, we got ourselves a fun one guys, seriously i like this man.
well,
boy.
. 3.
POINT IS
well that's a good question
I don't really know what the point is.

Nah, accents are weird, like I couldn't honestly tell you I have an australian accent cause it doesn't feel australian? like compare me to people who actually speak with an australian accent and you will so be able to tell. but like, okay so my accent is made up of australian, british, and canadian accents. Australian from where I live (so it's probably the most distinct), british because of lots of chance exposure to it, and canadian because lots of exposure through my mother and her family 'cause she's canadian. o xo
SO.
Here people say I sound british but understand me perfectly.
In the UK i sound australian and oddly enough american and they ask me to repeat things.
In america I'm told I sound australian and british and sometimes I have to repeat things.
In canada they understand me perfectly but apparently I have a 'proper' accent, whatever that means. They can never place me. <3
so I don't know what my accent is yay U>
Point is (and yes this time there is a point) that you'd probably sound american and adorable to me <3 but to another american you'll just sound like whatever i dunno. Wahahahaha.
this is kind of creepy talking about our voices like this when we don't even know each other, isn't it? U:

i actually just thought you meant the food when you mentioned barbeques . 3.
the social side to the barbie culture is booooorin
i'd much rather staying indoors and listening to good music, ffff <3
also you made me giggle, i love how you seem to enjoy the accent like that, wahahahaha
i so want to hear an american say g'day to me
i just
i dunno
i'd get so much fun out of that somehow
it would just be so awesome

LONG GRAMMARLESS MESSAGE IS LONG AND WITHOUT GRAMMAR
CAPS LOCK AT THE END OF ALL MY POSTS
I'M REALLY COOL oh god i'm so sick of my posting habits
i really am
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ebly wrote: Of course you do <3
i love the american accent, it's so cute and kind of drawly and the vowels are so long and argh i don't know it makes me giggly n happy i love it <3
Check it out, yo! I've talked like that for many, many years. (That "Of course you do" sounded a little suspicious, so I had to prove it.)

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Dissension wrote:
Ebly wrote: Of course you do <3
Check it out, yo! I've talked like that for many, many years. (That "Of course you do" sounded a little suspicious, so I had to prove it.)
U: I realised that it might have sounded off when I said it so I was like U: OH MAN HOW DO I SAY IT WITHOUT SOUNDING DISBELIEVING and put a heart in and it didn't really work yeah.
But awesome, I'll actually seriously be listening to that when I get home. I bet I'll giggle and smile and be happy, too.
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Ebly wrote:
ffhahaha <3
Hmmmmm... All of these foreign foods are starting to interest me.
I have never been outside of the US, and my family are not the type that like to try things that are "different." Thus, the only true foreign cuisine I have had is middle eastern (btw, if you haven't ever had a falafel, you should try one), in addition to americanized Chinese and Mexican.
Speaking of barbeque, it is ABSOLUTELY at its best when cooked in a slow cooker (known as a Crock-pot to you crazy Americans) with (the contents of) a can of cola.

I speak with an American accent, but occaisionally slip into a British-sounding accent - which is strange, as I have never met a British person, let alone a person with a British accent

I live in North Carolina, where everyone seems to hold grudges for long periods of time. It is also the only state in which you can easily find a Bojangles, a fast-food cajun southern chicken restaurant.
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Missingo wrote: I live in North Carolina, where everyone seems to hold grudges for long periods of time. It is also the only state in which you can easily find a Bojangles, a fast-food cajun southern chicken restaurant.
Yeah, North Carolina is weird like that...

Although if there was one place you could travel to before you die, where would it be?

I would go to Vietnam...

what what? Jolly good time.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Italy of course!
But I *so* want to live in Canada, baw! :cry: (But Maine would do as well -blame a Stephen King fan!)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Far be it from me to commit the unforgiveable sin of thread necromancy, but I thought it'd be interesting to see this topic shambling around again.

Also, there is an amsuing interchange between myself and Ebly above, in case you haven't seen it.