My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

KJOokami

Re: My Little Pony

Post by KJOokami »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:what if you don't feel pain when she does that?
Sweet Celestia... she improving her spell by making it harder to detect...
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I don't even watch Dragonball, and I loved that. Especially the part that Derpy dropped the anvil.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
exranio

Post by exranio »

Meh,
A fight would have been better.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So anywho, I was watching Read It and Weep again, and I noticed that near the end, when the hospital guards are chasing Rainbow Dash around, you can actually SEE the barking-mad pony's silhouette in the group.

I LOVE THIS TEAM FOR THEIR ATTENTION TO DETAIL!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

It continues!

"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Also, I think we're all feeling this pretty bad right now.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

exranio

Post by exranio »

They missed Ruby! I am enraged, however Pip is awesome enough to be there twice. Pip having a scarf seems to be a popular thing.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I would totally watch a FiM sequel series with those characters that age.

Edit: if there's ever a MLP: FiM movie, I want this as the beginning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2aLjuLdoSM
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i really hope someone at hasbro seriously considers funding a fim movie
there is no way they wouldn't profit from it

especially when you look at how well gen3 was able to do with a live stage show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA6n-Hc5-e8

that is a full house right there

i'm pretty sure a fim movie could make the top 10 sold movies in a year
especially in theaters
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

If they do a Movie I doubt it will be a theatrical release (though that would be really cool) it would be direct to TV, and even then most likely not until the show itself is over, as a proper finale.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

The video was pretty interesting, but I found the description to be a bit more interesting, if I'm honest.

The person who made it posed an idea of a "shift" in the brony fandom. They proposed that, with multiple full-length episodes in the works, beautiful animations coming out left and right without any usage of clips from the show, and high quality work out the wazoo, that the fandom is somehow "changing" from a simple appreciation of a good, entertaining production to something else entirely.

I personally think it's a largely unfounded suggestion (as everything that's happening with the fandom is still directly inspired by the show itself), but I'm curious to know what some of you guys think about what the creator of the vid had to say.
Radio Blue Heart

They could easily make money off of it.

In 1986, "My Little Pony: The Movie" was released into only 421 theaters and it made almost $6 million. This is also considering its mediocre writing and animation. The new series could be opened on a thousand screens and easily surpass that. Since it is flash animated, the production costs are lower and it has already proved that its creative team is superb in its writing, directing, voice talent and music. To be honest, such a film would definitely make the likes of Disney who believe that they are some sort of untouchable institution feel more than a little grumbly. In "Waking Sleeping Beauty" they admitted with disgust and shame that one of their films was outstripped by the Care Bears. They need the competition.
Last edited by Radio Blue Heart on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:They could easily make money off of it.

In 1986, "My Little Pony: The Movie" was released into only 421 theaters and it made almost $6. This is also considering its mediocre writing and animation. The new series could be opened on a thousand screens and easily surpass that. Since it is flash animated, the production costs are lower and it has already proved that its creative team is superb in its writing, directing, voice talent and music. To be honest, such a film would definitely make the likes of Disney who believe that they are some sort of untouchable institution feel more than a little grumbly. In "Waking Sleeping Beauty" they admitted with disgust and shame that one of their films was outstripped by the Care Bears. They need the competition.
They've made recent movies of Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Battleship, Hasbro's gotta get to MLP eventually, right?
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

this is one of the bets pony spikes I've seen
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
exranio

Post by exranio »

The movie should have Advent Children like action scenes!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

and with the amount of world building and two already well done villains who can easily make a return
they already have a lot of material to work with

seriously though if hasbro will make a battleship movie why not another mlp movie
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Ponies...ponies everywhere
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

angelusbr wrote:this is one of the bets pony spikes I've seen
That is very good but his cutie mark should be a scroll or green flame or something like that.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think the obstacle for a movie is a lot of parents would not want to take their kids, considering its reputation, and a lot of bronies would be afraid to go see it in public.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sleet wrote:and a lot of bronies would be afraid to go see it in public.
I'm not sure if this would be as big a problem as you would think.

I remember when that Winnie the Poo movie came out a bit ago. I had a bunch of my friends that were like "I'm going to see the new Winnie the Poo movie in the movie theater!!" and I was just like "What?" And I have a feeling that a MLP movie would be aimed more at the bronies, seeing as how they would probably be the biggest source of income for it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Radio Blue Heart

Penwrite wrote:

In 1986, "My Little Pony: The Movie" was released into only 421 theaters and it made almost $6. This is also considering its mediocre writing and animation. The new series could be opened on a thousand screens and easily surpass that. Since it is flash animated, the production costs are lower and it has already proved that its creative team is superb in its writing, directing, voice talent and music. To be honest, such a film would definitely make the likes of Disney who believe that they are some sort of untouchable institution feel more than a little grumbly. In "Waking Sleeping Beauty" they admitted with disgust and shame that one of their films was outstripped by the Care Bears. They need the competition.
They've made recent movies of Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Battleship, Hasbro's gotta get to MLP eventually, right?

They would be foolish not to. Hasbro confuses me sometimes. MLP has exploded into a pop culture phenomenon and they have barely tapped into its potential.

I wish that they would put out a vinyl album of the songs from the show. And some plush versions of the characters.
-Virgil
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Penwrite wrote:

They would be foolish not to. Hasbro confuses me sometimes. MLP has exploded into a pop culture phenomenon and they have barely tapped into its potential.

I wish that they would put out a vinyl album of the songs from the show. And some plush versions of the characters.
I guess the difference is that they can't make batlant over pg-13 jokes and and add LOTS of explosions in MLP.
Radio Blue Heart

If Micheal Bay gets a hold of it he can make anything blow up in pointless spectacle. Although PG-13, I wonder which characters get to curse.

Also, this actually rings true:

-Virgil
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Jeff "Clavy" Civit
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well yeah Gilda is freaking cool!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Yeah, I mean, check out that smile! I'm being honest here, that is one of my favorite smiles in the entire show. Look at her, Gilda is so happy. Also, she's a gryphon, and they are naturally awesome.

Also also, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic could easily be made at the same level of, say, Kung Fu Panda or How to Train Your Dragon, and still keep to the show's themes and general cleanliness.

In fact, both those movies I named off were Dreamworks films. Dreamworks worked with Hasbro on the Transformers films and G.I. Joe. They already have experience together.

IT'S A SIGN!
exranio

Post by exranio »

But then Dreamworks would make it 3d!

But yeah, the show needed some more Aggressive awesomeness. In a show were most the characters are nice I really appreciate the mean ones. Diamond Tiara's pure brattyness combined with her verbal aggression just makes her fun to watch when she is there. Blue Blood's self centers was also very funny. Gilda's attitude along with her lack of caring how others felt just plain made her awesome. And Rarity's my favorite of the mane six just because she seems to think she's better than everyone else.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:If Micheal Bay gets a hold of it he can make anything blow up in pointless spectacle. Although PG-13, I wonder which characters get to curse.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash, probably. And Fluttershy will get a single scene where she uses just about every word in the book.

In whatever parallel universe MLP: FiM actually gets a Michael Bay directed, PG-13 rated film, that is. :p
Radio Blue Heart wrote:Also, this actually rings true:
I could actually think of a few reasons for why that is.

1) First and foremost, Gilda is a girl. In a male-dominated fandom, it's natural that jerk-ish character who's female will get more love than a guy who's the same way.

2) While Blueblood is pretty much a pansy of a nobleman, Gilda is (jerk or not) kind of a bad***. [This also adds onto the first point.]

3) Gilda's a gryphon. In addition to being a very popular and cool-looking mythological creature, it's one that isn't really seen anywhere else in the show. There are tons of other unicorns, but gryphons are pretty scarce. I haven't really checked to be sure, but I think Gilda is the only gryphon in the show thus far.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

KJOokami wrote:but I think Gilda is the only gryphon in the show thus far.
You're forgetting the gryphon that was on the train when Pinkie tried to figure out who ate the cake.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

JeffCvt wrote:You're forgetting the gryphon that was on the train when Pinkie tried to figure out who ate the cake.
Riiiiight. Knew I was forgetting someone. But you get the point; there aren't many. :)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I do get the point. I think they need to put more in.
Everyone, let us email the writers and demand more gryphons!
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeX-pzyMEh4

oh gosh this is cute

what could this mean?
holmebrian

Post by holmebrian »

spike as a pony that so works rofl
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

mariomarc wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeX-pzyMEh4

oh gosh this is cute

what could this mean?
Doesn't Tara Strong voice someone in the newest Spider-Man cartoon? Because Drake Bell voices Spider-Man.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

IceKitsune wrote:Prime Time
Oh, now that's just cheating. :P
mariomarc wrote:oh gosh this is cute
Suuuuuuuper cute. :3 I wish that they'd had Fluttershy walking like a normal pony though.

Also, the bird making that noise like those noise-makers you get at birthday parties reminded me of the title screens from Sheep Raider (anybody else remember that game?).

I saw this too. I believe he and Tara were just getting together because Drake played Timmy in the live-action Fairly Odd Parents movie that came out last year, and apparently a sequel of sorts came out back in March. And obviously Tara, being the ever-enthusiastic "Queen of the Bronies," brought up the fandom while they were together.

I dunno if Drake had heard of us before that, but either way he seems pretty neutral. I'm sure that there will be a lot of bronies jumping all over that and making memes and reaction images galore about another celebrity "being" a brony, even though he might not be.

~~~

Also, on a completely separate note, I finally managed to finish the first chapter of an MLP fanfiction I decided to write a little while back. I submitted it to FIMFiction, and I'm just waiting for it to be reviewed and approved. :) I'll let you guys know when it's up if you wanna read it.
Radio Blue Heart

KJOokami wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:If Micheal Bay gets a hold of it he can make anything blow up in pointless spectacle. Although PG-13, I wonder which characters get to curse.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash, probably. And Fluttershy will get a single scene where she uses just about every word in the book.

In whatever parallel universe MLP: FiM actually gets a Michael Bay directed, PG-13 rated film, that is. :p

Ponies cursing? How about this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITr90v7UaNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNoeEqIcQw

Unnecessarily censored ponies!
-Virgil
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Awwwwww yeah. Now this is something I've been waiting a good while for. A legit Fallout: Equestria animation. It's got some small blood stains on the walls of buildings, but nothing that would overstep forum boundaries.

I really wish there were more artists who had the interest in it to do stuff like this. :)