Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

GameCobra

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by GameCobra »

my favourite game has always been the original Final Fantasy Tactics. Heck, i put it on auto-play everytime i'm home on the PS1 just to laugh at the idea of Ramza training mimes in his first act when there's not even suppose to b e anyone beyound a wizard/knight in that age =)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Actually used to not care for Steam at all when it first came out, but now it is love. Competitors are good to have, but knowing EA's history made it likely Origin would end up like it is.

Personally lost what feels like years off my life to Star Control II.
Recently loving the style and gameplay of Krater. How can you go wrong with post-apocalyptic Sweden!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Okay, so Valve decided to give me Counter Strike: Global Offensive beta access even though I've never played CS in my life, and they also gave me a giftable second copy which no one seems to want, so who wants it?

I have no idea why they gave it to me :I
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
exranio

Post by exranio »

I'm all for that! Though I question how well I'd run it.
Exranio (Rayne Varsanant) on steam! You'll have me when you find a a picture of Rarity with a sniperifle
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

exranio wrote:I'm all for that! Though I question how well I'd run it.
Exranio (Rayne Varsanant) on steam! You'll have me when you find a a picture of Rarity with a sniperifle
Well you should get online and accept my friend invite!
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
exranio

Post by exranio »

Accepted.

On a side note. I've been watching EVO all day, but I think I have absorbed a little too much fighting game for once. I took a nap at 7 and my sister slammed the door open to wake me up when my mom wanted me. My first thought was "Wow, ma really must want me if she called in brittany to use an EX 632H on my door."
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Anyone looking forward to the new Need for Speed coming out later this year? I is. :3 that and Forza Horizon.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Okay, I don't know how many of you watch Jesse Cox on Youtube (OMFGcata), but the last 6 minutes or so of this video is probably the most beautiful thing I think I've ever seen.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Can't...stop...laughing...

The music, soooooo perfect for what was happening.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Inali wrote:Anyone looking forward to the new Need for Speed coming out later this year? I is. :3
I for one, am not. I have the original most wanted and I like it a lot, but from what I can see so far on this one, the ability to personalize your cars doesn't seem to be there. All screen shots on the websight have been of regular cars, and I haven't had a New need for speed that I liked ever since Pro Street.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
exranio

Post by exranio »

I actually avoided others because of customization. Visual customization is fine, but handling all those engines and everything else is a pain. I didn't buy an RPG, I don't want to worry about complicated Equipment. Thats why I got Hot Pursuit. Non of that nonsense in the Hot Pursuit games. If there's no customization that's okay with me.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Looks like we are about to see the rise of a new console, the Ouya. The console runs entirely on Android. The best part? It is complete open-source. You want to make a game for the console and put it on there without licensing fees? No problem. You want to mod the hardware with upgrades to memory and graphics? Here's a screw driver to get you started!

The project is funded entirely through Kickstarter. Within less than 8 hours, they met their goal of $950,000. Now, just one day later, they have raised over $3,500,000.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouy ... me-console

They've already got the support of big Indy developers like Mojang.
It will be interesting to see if this manages to make a dent in the status-quo of today's game industry.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Liam

Post by Liam »

Involved in the project is Xbox co-creator Ed Fries, and designer Yves Béhar.
That piques my interest.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.

Post by 0404 »

Aanyone got SFM Beta key?
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

What is SFM?

Also, please play Cultris II with me :p
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Esquire Fox wrote:Looks like we are about to see the rise of a new console, the Ouya. The console runs entirely on Android. The best part? It is complete open-source. You want to make a game for the console and put it on there without licensing fees? No problem. You want to mod the hardware with upgrades to memory and graphics? Here's a screw driver to get you started!

The project is funded entirely through Kickstarter. Within less than 8 hours, they met their goal of $950,000. Now, just one day later, they have raised over $3,500,000.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouy ... me-console

They've already got the support of big Indy developers like Mojang.
It will be interesting to see if this manages to make a dent in the status-quo of today's game industry.
I saw this earlier, I say donate people! we can make our own games man!
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Okay, video game story you guys...
I probably had the most epic race on Forza 4 tonight. This guy was just unbelievable at how he controlled his car, and
after some races in a public lobby, I invited him to a one on one race on a Japanese Kaido which is a very difficult track. I practically begged him to race me because I wanted to experience his driving. He accepted and boy did we race! I managed to get in front of him pretty early, but he was close to me the entire time. I had to uber focus on the track and the car, and even though I messed up a couple of times, I actually managed to beat him. I don't know how, but me and him both have similar driving styles, plus we had similar cars, so I say that it was a pretty even battle. I was soooo nervous. He was a good sport about the race and stuff and now he's on my friends list so we can race later. ^^
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
The Grey Wolverine

The last time I played Forza 4, I was in a drifting war with my friend Rob, and I lost. By a lot.

So, I was playing some Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 with my friend Jason during a mission where we had to rescue hostages going pistols only, and it was cool, okay, so firstly, we bust into a large room, keep in mind I told my guys to go away while myself and Jason did cool things, but what was hilarious was how many times we killed the civilians by accident, I'm serious, we would bust in to a room with hostages and in our fire, would accidently hit someone or the time Jason threw C4 into the room, oh god as that so stupid, and another time, we get to this woman who we need alive, and Jason shoots her in the head for no reason, pretty much, we did what we had to do, screwed around and had fun in a good game.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
exranio

Post by exranio »

EVO was last weekend so here are all the finals in order

Soul Calibur V Grand Finals Shinign Decopon (Japan) vs Shen Chan (Singapore)

Mortal Kombat Grand Finals Perfect Legend vs CD JR (Both US)

King of Fighters XIII Grand Finals Bala (Mexico) vs Mad KoF (Korea)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Grand Finals Fillipinochamp vs Infirt (Both US)

Street Figher 4 Arcade Edtion Grand Finals GamerBee (Taiwan) vs Infiltration (Korea)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Phantasy Star Online 2 has been announced for the West; I'm excited! I loved last old game so much.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Sleet wrote:Phantasy Star Online 2 has been announced for the West; I'm excited! I loved last old game so much.
This...is both awesome and a bit sad to me. Love the game series...but, um...I'm kinda staring at the list of what it's coming out for (At least by Wikipedia's info) and it disappoints me a bit.
exranio

Post by exranio »

It comes out on PC. What more should you need?
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

PS3 and 360? I'm used to playing Phantasy Star on console systems, and honestly PSO is one of the only 'MMOs' I've seen that can actually work well for a console so it just would be nice to see it come out on them. That and at least with a console version I'd know it'll run...my computer tends to be weirdly picky about what it'll run correctly and what it won't.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Dudes, theres going to be a series of Street Fighter tournaments for the 25th anniversary.
Winner gets a car.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/bl ... atch_maker
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Oh, well that's awesome. Too bad my Street Fighter skills left me when I was fourteen. I miss what I used to be able to do.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I be maining dat Sakura yo.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Shirosune wrote:PS3 and 360? I'm used to playing Phantasy Star on console systems, and honestly PSO is one of the only 'MMOs' I've seen that can actually work well for a console so it just would be nice to see it come out on them. That and at least with a console version I'd know it'll run...my computer tends to be weirdly picky about what it'll run correctly and what it won't.
I played it on the Gamecube and it worked great as a console game. But I'm gonna like it on the PC simply because I can easily play online with my friends.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

On the topic of Phantasy Star, there is an online version of the original. And there are still quite a few people playing it still.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/bb/2.jpg
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Only one reason I want to have Phantasy Star................so I can get the Tails Chao on Sonic Adventure 2 battle
ImageImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:On the topic of Phantasy Star, there is an online version of the original. And there are still quite a few people playing it still.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/bb/2.jpg
The original Phantasy Star Online. Phantasy Star was an old RPG on the Sega Master System. It predated Final Fantasy, I believe! Though I found the first one pretty poorly-executed, despite its good intentions. Phantasy Star 2 was excellent though.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Those two games being an example of a company learning from their mistakes quickly.

As to PSO2, if A.) My computer can actually run it, and B.) I happen to have the money to get it, I'll probably end up getting it on PC. Otherwise I'll have to sit back watching from a distance, whimpering.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I know of the original on the Master System, though never played it. I meant the Online Original game, as I am pretty sure there were other online versions on systems other than the Dreamcast.

Based on videos I have seen on Phantasy Star for the Master System, the stories may be tied, but the gameplay and everything else about it are quite different.
Never really kept up with the series beyond Blue Burst, so not sure what systems in specific contain the game and which ones will.

EDIT: Review where I learned about the game.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Hey gais. So, here's the deal. I just very recently got cast in a role for an upcoming Halo Reach machinima called Unknown Strife. :D

Anyway, the guy in charge of it is going to need bodies. Your bodies. Well, your fingers anyway. If you have Xbox Live and Halo Reach and are interested in controlling one or more of the characters in this machinima, please send him an email at [ [email protected] ]. Tell him that KJOokami sent you.

Do it so we can finish the project and I can (maybe) become internet famous!
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:I know of the original on the Master System, though never played it. I meant the Online Original game, as I am pretty sure there were other online versions on systems other than the Dreamcast.

Based on videos I have seen on Phantasy Star for the Master System, the stories may be tied, but the gameplay and everything else about it are quite different.
Never really kept up with the series beyond Blue Burst, so not sure what systems in specific contain the game and which ones will.

EDIT: Review where I learned about the game.
Phantasy Star I-IV took place long before PSO. PSO is just an early MMORPG/dungeon crawler in the Phantasy Star universe.

Then Phantasy Star Universe came out and sucked.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Hnn, I remember looking forward to PSU so much...there was even a little nostalgia to be had in the battles when I finally played it...but really, other than that small bit, I found it royally disappointing. I think what got to me most out of all the failings though, was some of the voice acting involved. *Shudders*

Back on the note of PSO2, spent a portion of yesterday checking out what pics and vids I could find of it and...eoifnseodnfosn *Dies form the awesome*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I was so excited for PSU. Then I was disappointed. :( PSO2 should be what PSU was supposed to have been!
The Grey Wolverine

So, I just got Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and its good. But I have issues with it, it takes forever to load a checkpoint, or even the guns in the gunsmithing menu firstly, secondly, the game is buggy, I've had squad mates fall through the ground for no reason, and the team AI can be downright stupid, standing in place preventing me from completing the level so I have to reload the last checkpoint. Also, I don't know if its what the AI is supposed to do but they don't move out of an area if there are enemies, even if I sneak past two of them and get to the LZ, they want me to kill the last two guys because, they exist? It just doesn't make sense because its a sneaking mission, I'm trying to leave as little of a trace as possible, not a huge body count. And lastly, it has a heavy stealth focus, and if you have played a stealth action game, like Hitman or Metal Gear Solid, if you kill someone, whats one of the first things you do? Move the body. Future Soldier, doesn't let you do that, AT ALL. And that's downright stupid when you consider that there are sections and even entire missions where you can't raise alarms, you will kill someone in a spot you think is safe, move on, and someone will discover it. It also makes less sense when you factor in that you have a stealth suit, so why not the ability to drag bodies?

Anyways, its a good game and I enjoy it, if anyone has it on Xbox 360 lets do some co-op
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Sleet wrote:I was so excited for PSU. Then I was disappointed. :( PSO2 should be what PSU was supposed to have been!
Here's hoping. ^_^
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I don't know why, but video games just don't appeal to me anymore.
They are pretty boring for me nowadays. This applies not only to a select few games, but all games.
Maybe I wasn't really a gamer in the first place.