My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

angelusbr

Re: My Little Pony

Post by angelusbr »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I did not notice that. yes, it is a bit depressing.
I wonder if that's supposed to be from Sweet and Elite. Can someone confirm the episode that photo is from? It'll make sopme sense if it's from sweet and elite.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Honestly, I thought it was more uplifting than depressing. It reminds me of the picture at the end of Lilo and Stitch where Stitch has been taped into the picture of Lilo and Nani.

It seems like an emphasis of the statement "They're not just my friends; they're my family." that Spike made towards the end of the episode. Why did you guys think it was depressing?
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I said only a bit, and it's because of how many times all the mane 6 get together without inviting Spike, especially Twilight's birthday party.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

so all teenage dragons are frat boys
also, i really liked rarity's defensive for spike
fluttershy was great

omg crackle had me laughing so hard

edit: i can see dragons actually being natural predators of phoenixes, due to their fire immunity, also if they didn't have predators, they would just overpopulate, so i can except dragons doing that
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

mariomarc wrote:if they didn't have predators, they would just overpopulate, so i can except dragons doing that
moreso than most things considering they can't die of natural causes.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

oops typo
i meant accept
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I think the only real weakness of this episode was they didn't have Spike talk to an Adult Dragon. They should of had one come up and tell the teenage dragons off (maybe like one of their parents or something) and maybe have some kind of talk with Spike instead of just having Spike Twilight, Rarity and Dash run away. It would have also shown that Dragons other then Spike were not jerks.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

IceKitsune wrote:I think the only real weakness of this episode was they didn't have Spike talk to an Adult Dragon. They should of had one come up and tell the teenage dragons off (maybe like one of their parents or something) and maybe have some kind of talk with Spike instead of just having Spike Twilight, Rarity and Dash run away. It would have also shown that Dragons other then Spike were not jerks.
i would agree, but from what we have seen in the past, that may not be the case at all
dragons may naturally be entirely violent, aggressive creatures
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

mariomarc wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I think the only real weakness of this episode was they didn't have Spike talk to an Adult Dragon. They should of had one come up and tell the teenage dragons off (maybe like one of their parents or something) and maybe have some kind of talk with Spike instead of just having Spike Twilight, Rarity and Dash run away. It would have also shown that Dragons other then Spike were not jerks.
i would agree, but from what we have seen in the past, that may not be the case at all
dragons may naturally be entirely violent, aggressive creatures
True, but I just hate "This species is always Chaotic Evil." Unless the things are Demons from Hell or the equivalent I've always found that to be really kind of dumb.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

meanwhile

"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Or an Aunt depending on how you view their relationship to each other.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

On the subject of showing that some elder dragons may not be as jerk-ish as the rest, I actually kind of agree. They could have potentially taken this episode in an entirely different direction, which I would've been okay with. Instead of having TS, RD, and Rarity following Spike (or perhaps regardless of this fact), they could have had Spike simply deal with the nasty antics of the adolescents, and maybe a few of the adults as well. And instead of the ponies coming to his rescue in the end, a single adult of the dragon herd (Murder? Gaggle? Flock?) could chase them off, and explain some of the history behind dragons as a species, why they are the way they are, and various other intricacies that ponies are currently unaware of (due to the lack of documentation), and maybe finish it off by encouraging Spike to stick to his friends in Ponyville and avoid trying to "be like a dragon" because the species is in a pretty bad state currently.

I guess that'd be sort of cliche, and might detract a bit from Spike learning to value the friendships he's made over the origins of his birth and species on his own, but if done well I think it would've been a nice alternative.

As for Spike's relationship to Twilight, I can't really think of them as anything but independent researcher/research assistant. I think they've got a very strong friendship, bordering on an older sister/younger brother type relationship, but beyond that, they're just friends in the workplace.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

my vote goes for them being like brother and sister.

and from a quick google search returning a few possibilities, my vote is for a group of dragons to be called a "rage" of dragons.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:my vote goes for them being like brother and sister.

and from a quick google search returning a few possibilities, my vote is for a group of dragons to be called a "rage" of dragons.
that goes with my theory of natural attitude of dragons, so i'll go with it

this is a quote from the allspark forums
I don't get the complaints about a lack of worldbuilding. FiM isn't a history documentary. As has been mentioned by someone else before - we do learn that there's huge dragon migrations in (And around?) Equestria. We see them, too. We see a variety of different environments. We learn that dragons aren't exactly impressed by pony princesses. We learn that Phoenixes are natural wildlife. We learn that dragons amount of phoenix predators. There's oodles of world building right there, and in just the right amount, if you ask me. Not to mention provided sensibly - not as a documentary, but learned about almost as an aside to the going ons
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/co ... he_end_of/

I personally like this guys theory on Spike, so im gonna say brother and sister
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I vote for big sister/little brother dynamic. In the first episode where she mocks Spike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pHMAFSFHg4

That is such a thing siblings would do.

I agree that it would be good to have introduced a wise older dragon to put the adolescences in their place and impart some wisdom upon Spike.

I don't think that they came off as evil, they are just unsupervised teenage boys. They tend to be destructive when not taught any better. Interesting enough, in a comparison of human and elephant behavior. Young male elephants who lost their parents to poachers exhibited severe anti-social behavior. They wrecked stuff and killed other animals seemingly for fun. The park rangers then introduced a group of older male elephants into the park. The presence of these older, more mature bull elephants caused the young males to stop their destructive behavior simply because the grown-ups were not going to put up with that crap in their territory.

Adolescence is the time in life that a young man decides for better or for worse what kind of man he will become. It is good that they have the influence of a male role model to give wisdom or to check bad behavior. The young dragons in this episode were basically like the dragon equivalent of Beavis and Butthead. Unsupervised, ignorant, destructive, self-destructive and more than a little dumb. Raise your kids! Or they turnout like this!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:Did you guys notice this?
http://dash.ponychan.net/chan/files/src ... 500209.png
this felt kinda...depressing.
D:

That's...yeah, that's depressing. But hey, continuity!

Also, phoenixes in this show are officially FREAKING AWESOME.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:That is such a thing siblings would do.

My friend does that to me all the time. :p

Strangely enough though, neither of my sisters did that very often. I'm sure it happened at least once or twice, but I don't recall it being a common occurrence.
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I don't think that they came off as evil, they are just unsupervised teenage boys. They tend to be destructive when not taught any better. Interesting enough, in a comparison of human and elephant behavior. Young male elephants who lost their parents to poachers exhibited severe anti-social behavior. They wrecked stuff and killed other animals seemingly for fun. The park rangers then introduced a group of older male elephants into the park. The presence of these older, more mature bull elephants caused the young males to stop their destructive behavior simply because the grown-ups were not going to put up with that crap in their territory.

The only problem with that is that in the episode the older dragons were all around the crater that the adolescents were in. They were present, and even watching everything that happened; they just didn't seem to care. :/

All the more reason that I think the lone, wise dragon thing could have worked out. The dragons certainly aren't an "evil" species. They just appear to have devolved into a bit of an uncouth, uncaring lot. Which is unfortunate.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'll make a dragon out of you
also, if there's one thing you should remember, it's that Pony Should Pony Pony

and these guys are awesome. 70 videos, most if not all of them are pony parodies of Beatles songs.

awesome remix

now a comic

SO MANY LINKS!!!
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

The pacing of that Smile remix bothered me a bit; regardless, it took all of the willpower I currently possess to resist jumping up and down and dancing around my room like a loon to it. It also gave me some ideas for the cover I'd like to do of that song at some point (once I get a good recording mic; which I will hopefully get for my b-day next month).

Also, totally lol'd at that comic. So silly. :lol:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I lost it at the end of that comic :lol: The Smile Remix was just awesome and is now on my MLP music playlist.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
now a comic

SO MANY LINKS!!!
The armor reminds me of the lion gold saint's
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Just now getting to the comic. I thought the phoenixes were awesome! And Spike wasn't a jerk this time. I hope the phoenix chick becomes a "thing."
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Sleet wrote:Just now getting to the comic. I thought the phoenixes were awesome! And Spike wasn't a jerk this time. I hope the phoenix chick becomes a "thing."
There is now potential for a quadruple stack whenever Spike rides on Twilight's back! Twilight on the bottom, Spike riding her, Owlowiscious perched on him, and Peewee on top.

It'd be downright comical. :3
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I decided to do my own interpretation of this scenario. I'm sure you'll be quite impressed.
Attachments
Art.png
Art.png (34.16 KiB) Viewed 11911 times
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Wow, Sleet! I'm quite impressed.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

So, I was listening to a remix of the song fro Hearts and Hooves Day, and the CMC really didn't give a couple of those stallions a fair shot.
I mean, one was eliminated because he happened to trot through a puddle during their song. He may have been perfect for Cheerilee, and they just wrote him off. Not cool, CMC.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:So, I was listening to a remix of the song fro Hearts and Hooves Day, and the CMC really didn't give a couple of those stallions a fair shot.
I mean, one was eliminated because he happened to trot through a puddle during their song. He may have been perfect for Cheerilee, and they just wrote him off. Not cool, CMC.
*shipping mode activated* But Doctor Whooves belongs with Derpy! *Overheats*
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Discord Days: 20 minutes of pony/Gorrilaz remix.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i just realized
what if discord opened the gates of Tartarus when he was free'd, and took command of all the creatures
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Discord would never command wild creatures like that. they're already wild, so he's just let them go free and wreak their own havoc.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Ohhhh my goodness. My Little Investigations.

This game. Looks awesome.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

So I asked on a Brony chat room to give me two songs to mix, this is the result:

http://soundcloud.com/kyderra-poppe/swagpie
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

http://mazepony.deviantart.com/art/Supe ... -286393934

if you don't know what this is, search up Super Best Friends Forever on youtube and read the comments
then it will all make sense
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I never thought I would live to see a final fantasy unlimited reference
http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2 ... 5ffd47.jpg
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

KJOokami wrote:Ohhhh my goodness. My Little Investigations.

This game. Looks awesome.

Although, I think I'm looking more forward to Fighting is Magic. ^^;;
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh man I am so looking forward to Fighting is Magic. It's so professional!