Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku nodded, "You got no idea, last I went in there one-a their cats smacked me in the face with somethin', broke my nose and Ah had to walk around with my muzzle tied shut for a week!" he cringed at the thought and rubbed the scarring on his nose...
"I am sorry to hear that."
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Somewhere nearby, someone let out a snicker, "Oh yeah, I remember reading that one: Frank and his Fryin' Pan!"

Taku blinked, "What...?" he looked around, "Hey, who said that? Hello?"
"You know, It is not wise to make light of the misfortune of others. Show yourself."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"Make light?" the voice chuckled a bit, which ended up being a bit screechy, "He's absolutely fine, despite a bit of long-term skull damage... Meh! In any case, I'm not hiding, I'm right up here!"
Sure enough, above them was a dog-like animal with wiry yellow fur and long ears. It wore what looked like some sort of military dog-tags, along with an odd looking jacket which was made of some sort of shiny blue and silver materials. The whole time, it had been casually reclining on a tree limb, from which it looked down over its shoulder...

Taku looked up at him, "Hey, Ah've never seen you before! Who are ya and how do ya know about mah nose?" he said in an accusational tone.

The canine chuckled again, "Oh do learn to keep your cool young man, I'm telling you, it's listed as a flaw on your sheet! Now, you ask who I am? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a tree." the canine held up a finger in pointedness, "Now, as for the question you SHOULD be asking, it is WHY. Why am I in this tree? Why am I talking to you? And why am I quoting graphic novels? Well, this is all quite interesting, is it not? I do believe it is merely a good function of the plot of this story that I m in this tree and that I currently act under the role of the mysterious stranger who knows much more than seems reasonable. NOW," the canine turned himself over in the tree, and now hung his head down towards them, "as for the whole point of this, it is not you, but Samuel who I am here to observe, for he is the center of this plot and you merely a side-character whose role in the storyline has exploded in importance! In fact, if it weren't for that singular event which we were previously referring to, you might not even be here right now, as there would be no purpose in dredging up the actions of such a minor character."

Taku blinked, completely lost in the mysterious stranger's logic. "Uhh... What now...?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Make light?" the voice chuckled a bit, which ended up being a bit screechy, "He's absolutely fine, despite a bit of long-term skull damage... Meh! In any case, I'm not hiding, I'm right up here!"
Sure enough, above them was a dog-like animal with wiry yellow fur and long ears. It wore what looked like some sort of military dog-tags, along with an odd looking jacket which was made of some sort of shiny blue and silver materials. The whole time, it had been casually reclining on a tree limb, from which it looked down over its shoulder...

Taku looked up at him, "Hey, Ah've never seen you before! Who are ya and how do ya know about mah nose?" he said in an accusational tone.

The canine chuckled again, "Oh do learn to keep your cool young man, I'm telling you, it's listed as a flaw on your sheet! Now, you ask who I am? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a tree." the canine held up a finger in pointedness, "Now, as for the question you SHOULD be asking, it is WHY. Why am I in this tree? Why am I talking to you? And why am I quoting graphic novels? Well, this is all quite interesting, is it not? I do believe it is merely a good function of the plot of this story that I m in this tree and that I currently act under the role of the mysterious stranger who knows much more than seems reasonable. NOW," the canine turned himself over in the tree, and now hung his head down towards them, "as for the whole point of this, it is not you, but Samuel who I am here to observe, for he is the center of this plot and you merely a side-character whose role in the storyline has exploded in importance! In fact, if it weren't for that singular event which we were previously referring to, you might not even be here right now, as there would be no purpose in dredging up the actions of such a minor character."

Taku blinked, completely lost in the mysterious stranger's logic. "Uhh... What now...?"
"Sir, I know not of these 'graphic novels' or this 'sheet' of which you speak, but I can assure you this is no story. we are not characters in fiction to be be observed by an audience. Taku is a raccoon that has been wronged by humans in the past, and I am a noble red fox who has been separated from his mate and future kits by unfortunate happenstance, nursed to health by a human female who was persecuted by her own kind, hunted by those very same humans, and further separated from his loved ones by means that are as yet a mystery to me. And you, good sir, are no man in a tree. you are but a beast like we." Samuel glared at the strange creature wearing unusual clothing.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The beast chuckled back down at them, "Divertente che si può parlare così bella. Tuttavia, Quando è in una lingua diversa, i moderatori non possono leggere, questo dà uno come me il potere, non solo parlare come un autore, ma anche di rompere le regole sui contenuti. l'inconveniente principale, naturalmente, è che non ho idea di come parlare italiano, quindi questo probabilmente è completamente sbagliato." He grinned and chuckled again, "¡Ah linguistica, sono affascinanti!"

Taku blinked more, "Well... Now you're not even speakin' real words..."

The beast laughed, "Ah the stereotyped illiterate with so little knowledge. What an endearing cliche!" He shook his head, "Anyway, that's not actually why I'm here. I've come simply to make some musings on the situation which has begun to unfold. The first goes right back to the point I made a moment ago about how single events can make all the difference, a concept which you will find to be VERY important for the next story arc. The second is a point of interest for you, Samuel: much more is at play here than you realize in your current role, and you probably won't have a clue what I'm talking about until the time comes that you learn my chosen name. Tell me, what do you think of this news?" he grinned down at the fox.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I think your words mean no more to me while you speak English then they do when you speak in a foreign tongue." These words were quite true, as his eyes had once again flashed green as the beast spoke Italian, causing him to hear not only what was said, but also the English thoughts flowing through the beast's head. Of course, the real meaning remained a mystery. "now I ask that you allow us to continue on our way and return to whatever madness with which you choose to occupy yourself."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku glanced back at his tail again, which for some reason had been mildly buzzing the entire time the canine had been there. When the creature had made those noises which Samuel had apparently recognized, it had suddenly flared up again. Tail, what are you trying to tell me?

"Occupying? My good man, I am occupying the plot!" the not-so-italian tree-canine put his fist into his hand in a gesture of importance, "The 99% of us who are not you have a right to equal representation within the prose! Otherwise, why bother being me at all?" The tree-canine chuckled once again, "In any case, you'll understand the meaning of my words soon enough, though I'll warn you to take them seriously: sudden world-paradigm shifts can lead to some nasty blood pressure conditions..." he waved his hand in an odd gesture...

Taku shook his head, "This guys head is full-a acorns!" he commented, "C'mon Samuel, let's go find my dad, he's always got some sort of sense..." he started walking away...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Samuel stared at the beast for a second before saying "You, sir, are a very strange beast. Good day."
he then followed Taku.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The beast waved as he watched Samuel go, "Good day to you too, my archaic friend. We'll be seeing each other again, just so you know..."

And with that, he was gone.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

What could that have meant? He looked back to see that the creature had vanished. curious.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

The Moon Howler wrote: "We were told that it'll be in some kind of theater." Jack answered
"Probably downtown." Johnny finished.
"Well, lets go find it," Max said, already heading for the door.... "Unless we've got something else to do...."
Rook

Post by Rook »

"I don't see why not. Was there something we needed to do Rook?"
Rook didn't respond.
"Rook?" Sergei asked again.

"Look at them Rook. A bunch of pathetic looking, lower order beings..." the voice said with distaste.
"That's not a very nice thing to say..." Rook replied to the voice angrily.

"Rook?" Sergei asked again, putting a paw on Rook's shoulder.

"This one disgusts me the most..." the voice conveyed to ROok.
"Who is this? Who are you?" Rook cried, frantically looking around for the source of the voice.
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

This was confusing. One of the other pets was losing his mind. Max slowly walked up to him and waved a hand in front of him. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked.
Rook

Post by Rook »

Sergei immediately pushed himself between the cat and the lumbering wolf.
"No no no! Stay back a bit please. He... he needs his medicine," Sergei whispered.
Quickly, Sergei reached into his collar, and felt around for the small capsule that Rook needed.

He felt an empty strap.

"Oh no..." Sergei gasped.

"We need to get him home to our father right away!" Sergei said frantically.

They annoy you too, don't they? The voice asked Rook.
"Shut up! Stop talking to me!" Rook said, his teeth clenched.
You'll see I'm right soon, won't you my pet...
"I said leave me ALONE!" Rook angrily cried.

The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Jack and Johnny looked at the wolf
"What's with him?" Johnny asked
then Jack continued "Can we help somehow?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Rook

Post by Rook »

Sergei frantically looked around at the other pets.
"Does anyone here have a very quick mode of transportation?" Sergei asked hurriedly, making sure to put himself between he and the rest of the other other pets.

razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"I can run, but that's it" Max said, "if he needs something, we could all try to carry him or one run to get what he needs."
Rook

Post by Rook »

"We don't have time to pick him up! We'd better just run! I need someone to stay here with him while I get what he needs!" Sergei explained.
Last edited by Rook on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Moon Howler

Jack and Johnny shared a look, then the green eyed brother spoke "We will stay with him. If he gets violent - we can put him down for a while"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Rook

Post by Rook »

"Oh but don't hurt him!" Sergei pleaded. "I..."

Clenching his paw, Sergei bit his tongue.

'No, not yet...' he thought.

"Just, tie him up or something. Or, get him to do what you need him to do while he's still... him." Sergei said. Quickly, he turned, and went for the door.

"Be back as soon as I can. Try and keep him occupied."

Look Rook. The small one leaves. This is your chance. Let me free...
Please! Go away! Rook screamed. I don't know what you're talking about!
Let me free Rook. Unleash the gift I gave you...
You didn't give me anything you creep! Where are you? Rook demanded of the body-less being, lifting up a nearby sofa.
Where are you!!

razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seeing Rook going crazy... Max decided it was best to stay at the house and try to guard things... He just didn't know how to do it without hurting Rook. "Okay, I've got duct tape, but, its gonna be tricky catching him," he said in a low voice. "I'm thinking perhaps we should get him to come towards us and trip him, then while he's down, tie him up nice and tight."

Nate said nothing... He couldn't quite comprehend the thought of fighting a cat, dog or wolf.... At least, not as a mouse.
Rook

Post by Rook »

Wait a second... Brother said something about you. I can't quite remember what he told me to do...
Your brother? Or maybe you mean...
No! He's my brother, and no one will tell me differently!
We'll see about that... see that cat behind you. He's got duct-tape. Probably going to kidnap you and do what those bad men in the white coats did to you and your "brother" a long time ago...
Max would never do something like that... Rook whispered unsure. He didn't know this cat, so the voice had a valid point.

The Moon Howler

Jack and Johnny shared a look.
"Now brother?" Johnny asked.
"Yes." Jack replied calmly, pilling out a mini-package with powder in it from his bag. "Whenever I'm half-way to him - you go."
"You sure this powder will be enough to put him to sleep?" Johnny quickly asked, preparing to do his part.
"It will be." Jack knelt down, took a deep breath and then jumped on the wolf's head.
While his brother was half-way to his goal, Johnny rushed to the wolf's legs, kicking him in the back-side of the knees as a distraction. That gave Jack enough time to land on the wolf's shoulders, kneeling and quickly opening the package and stuffing it in the wolf's nose, holding it long enough for the wolf to take a breath and then jumping away, landing sideways with a grunt. Johnny jumped sideways, made a small somersault and landed on his feet.

My RP Characters
Rook

Post by Rook »

Rook stumbled around, the kick knocking him off balance. The sudden surprise ambush of the two cats prevented him from defending himself. Both the other voice and his own mind grew quiet. The last thing he managed to hear was;
No one can protect you but me Rook. No one...
The lumbering wolf stumbled forward, and fell with a explosive crash, causing the house to shake.

No one...

"Got it!" Sergei whispered triumphantly.

Sergei wanted to grab the vial, and return to the others before Nicholas could catch him inside. It was odd though, the medication Nicholas had brewed usually prevented Rook from going crazy for a few weeks.

Rook had only taken the medicine two days ago.

Something wasn't right.

Sergei quietly snuck past his owner, quietly napping on the couch, a copy of "Medicine for the Mind," hanging loosely between his fingertips. Once he was outside the door, Sergei began to sprint madly down the street and in the direction he believed he had come from. He had to make sure his brother was okay. He just hoped that the other pets hadn't hurt him in the process of retaining him.

razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Or there's that" Max said after his plan had gone totally ignored. It worked though, and that's what mattered. Once the wolf was out, he ran up to him to make sure he was okay and then get him up onto a couch or something. "How long will he be out?"
The Moon Howler

"The dose was small." Jack explained "He should be up in less than an hour."
Johnny shook his head "Just in case - let's tie him up. Do you have a strong rope?"

My RP Characters
Rook

Post by Rook »

Sergei sped down the street, looking for the house he had managed to get a glimpse of. He remembered what it looked like from the inside, but the outside...

Uh oh... Sergei whispered.

He was totally lost. Why hadn't he paid more attention to his surroundings. That's what Nicholas had taught them to do, especially in a new neighborhood. Sergei scanned some of the nearby houses.

"Hello?" Sergei cried. Max? Nate? Jack and Johnny?

razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Max quickly got some string and gave it to the other cats, "I'm gonna go look for that other guy and see where he's gotten himself off too," he said, and then with Nate still on his head, he bolted out. Once past the door, he looked around, trying to find that dog.

The mouse, of course, still wanted to hide. That was his instinct even as a cat! If it wasn't smaller than him, RUN!
Rook

Post by Rook »

Sergei spotted the black cat, and waved.
"Sorry! Got a little lost!" Sergei called to the cat as he ran over to the house.
"You didn't murder him I hope..." the Husky asked with concern.

razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"He's fine," Max said, "those two twins used something to make him fall asleep... They should have him tied up by now so he can't wake up and have a panic attack/freak out again."
Rook

Post by Rook »

Sergei nodded.
"Great. Now, I need to give him this," Sergei said, holding up a small blue vial.
"He has to take it orally though. And, I can't force this down his throat. He's going to have to wake up and take it."

The Moon Howler

Jack and Johnny tied the sleeping canine securely and sat on a safe distance from the sleeping wolf just in case, awaiting for Max and Sergei to return.

(OOC: yes, I know it's a very short post, but they have nothing better to do until the other two come.)

My RP Characters
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Well, lets get it to him," Max said, quickly leading the way to his house. It didn't take long before they were at the wolf's side.
Rook

Post by Rook »

"Alright," Sergei whispered, uncapping the small vial. "Here goes..."
Sergei gave Rook a small tap on the face.
Nothing.
Sergei tapped a little harder.
Still no response.
"Geez, what did you guys do?" Sergei asked.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid, having finished whatever it was he'd been doing with Maximus Rex's character before he rudely left the neighborhood without saying anything, was once again riding around on his skateboard....

Asleep.

Yes, that's right, he was rolling around in his sleep, just napping as he stood on that old, beaten up skateboard he'd found in some rich kid's dumpster back when he was a stray. He kept on riding about and snoozing, his head tipped back and his mouth hanging open, though it was not clear how he was even standing, let alone turning around corners and avoiding obstacles and all that kitty-litter when he was clearly dreaming.

Oh well, looks like Sid's defying common sense and reason once again...
The Moon Howler

Rook wrote:"Alright," Sergei whispered, uncapping the small vial. "Here goes..."
Sergei gave Rook a small tap on the face.
Nothing.
Sergei tapped a little harder.
Still no response.
"Geez, what did you guys do?" Sergei asked.
Johnny grinned "We simply put him to sleep."
"He'll be awake in less than half-hour." Jack explained "I gave him just a small dose of the sleeping powder."
"Don't worry." Johnny continued "It was tested on me and perfectly safe."

My RP Characters
Rook

Post by Rook »

Sergei, not to assured, nodded reluctantly.
"Alright. You..." Rook sheepishly grimaced, "You don't mind if we keep him here until he wakes up, do you?"

razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Looking at the clock, Max then turned to the twins, "Aren't you going to miss your show? Its been a bit, we've gotta be close to an hour..." he said, "maybe we can bring sleepy there with us?"
Rook

Post by Rook »

Sergei reserved himself. He wanted to see the show just as much as anyone else wanted too. But, he had his brother to keep an eye on.

Stil...

"Sure. Let's do it. We're just going to need a way to get him to the show."

The Moon Howler

"We have a ride, remember?" Johnny grinned at Sergei.
Jack turned to Max "We still have a few minutes until the car comes. We sent Dad our coordinates, so we're on time."

My RP Characters
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Max reached up to his head and felt the mouse still cowering there, then went over to the wolf, "alright, lets keep him tied up and carry him out," he said, going for the sleeping canine's legs. "Then we can go see the show."