List of HP related channels:
#Housepets - The official HP chatroom.
#Pet_Friendly - The official chatroom for our silly roleplay called "Pet Friendly".
#BsM - Chatroom for Brookshire Meadows, a neighborhood in "Pet Friendly".
#RV - Chatroom for Richardson Valley, a neighborhood in "Pet Friendly".
#OT - Chatroom for Oasis Tower, a neighborhood in "Pet Friendly".
#YsF - Chatroom for Yorkshire Fields, a neighborhood in "Pet Friendly".
#Rad.Gardens - Chatroom for Radiant Gardens, a neighborhood in "Pet Friendy".
#Sun - Chatroom for Sunset Plateau, a neighborhood in "Pet Friendly".
In addition to the forums, We have our own chat room, the channel #Housepets on irc.gamesurge.net. For those unfamiliar with IRC, here's how you can join, using mIRC:
1. Download and install mIRC from http://www.mirc.com
2. Create an account on http://www.gamesurge.net (Optional)
3. Verify your email and take note of your password (Optional)
4. Run mIRC and type the following commands:
- /server irc.gamesurge.net
- Wait until you're connected to the server.
- /authserv auth username password (replacing "username" and "password" with your values if you registered above) You should get an automatic response indicating "-AuthServ- I recognize you."
- /join #Housepets
I was also informed that those of you using MIRC you can just open [url]irc://irc.gamesurge.net/housepets[/url] in your browser to join.
Connecting to the IRC using ChatZilla (The firefox plugin) [Thanks to Ilovehousepets for the instructions]
1. Open ChatZilla
2. Type the command: /attach irc.gamesurge.net
3. Once your in, type /join #Housepets
And that's it.
If you can't install mIRC or want to visit #Housepets without downloading additional software, visit http://www.gamesurge.net/chat.
And for those that want an even more simple way go here: http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23Housepets ... esurge.net
Enjoy, and we hope to see you all there!
- Come as you are. Outside of role playing, there's no reason for you to assume a false persona. Be honest about yourself. It should go without saying that this includes impersonation. This also includes sockpuppeting. Don't create multiple accounts to support a contrarian point of view.
- This includes your name, its alright to have more than one persona, but constantly switching between them, especially if the names are completely different, makes it very difficult to keep track of who you are. Using your forum name is preferred, but not necessary.
- No advertising other channels, or creating branches of the main channel to suit your own needs. Doing so is completely unnecessary as well as the fact that it draws away from the community itself.
- Do not evade de-voicing or bans. If we remove your ability to send messages to the channel, do not circumvent that. If you leave the room and come back to regain your voice, you will earn a ban. If you have been banned and try to come back before you're supposed to, your ban will become permanent.
- Do not flood the channel. Sending multiple messages without allowing others to reply is annoying and does nothing to further the conversation. You will be de-voiced if this occurs.
- Keep it clean! The profanity filter has lots of words in it. Trying to evade the filter counts against you. To be safe, if you're going to self-censor, completely obliterate the word with asterisks.
- Recently, some words have been removed from the bot to keep the channel at a more PG-13 level. While it is... ok to use these words, it is not ok to abuse them or use them in any kind of defamatory manner.
- No Flaming. Do not openly attack, insult, belittle, or abuse another user. You will be de-voiced if this occurs; you will be banned on grounds of harassment if this appears to be chronic.
- Harassment towards other members via PMs will also result in a devoice. Chronic action will result in a ban. If we find out you are still harassing Housepets members via PMs while banned, we will have no choice but to alert GameSurge operators, which may result in your hostmask being banned from GameSurge itself.
- No Mini-Modding. Attempting to call out a rule-breaker by citing the rules is annoying. You will be de-voiced if this occurs. If an op is in the channel, send them a PM in case they are away or have not noticed the issue.
- Do not gang up on someone if they are breaking a rule. You break one or more rules by doing so.
- No Trolling. Any topic or response purposely intended to incite flames WILL result in a ban. Even if you attempt to have a "serious" conversation, and bend or tiptoe around the rules as a result, this counts as trolling.
- Use common sense. If people are obviously discomforted by your topic of conversation, change it.
- Type coherently. Since we communicate entirely through the written word here, we have to be able to understand each other. This means, among other things, no chat speak.
The following items are not appropriate for the channel and will result in disciplinary action.
- Current politics, religion, and other potentially controversial issues outside of the context of the comic, especially as far as it pertains to creating an environment in which to flame others for their viewpoints.
- Drugs or criminal activity, including obtaining mp3s, movies, or computer programs illegally.
- Keep intimate displays of affection to a minimum! Most of the cuddling and licking and stuff makes us look really furry. It's awkward for the non-furries, and can make some groups of people look exclusive as well as scaring people away. Remember, #Housepets isn't exclusive to furries alone! Glomping, hugging, and mild things like those are okay. Intimate displays of affection should be avoided.
- No shipping! While many shipping discussions start out silly and fun, they can quickly degenerate into arguing and creepiness.
- No solicitation. Do not send messages requesting donations. The channel is not here for you to advertise your products or services and while we can sympathize with those who are down on their luck, you should seek assistance elsewhere.
- Respect the ops and their decisions. If you want to know why an action was taken, feel free to PM the op with any questions. If their answer doesn't satisfy you (or you think it's unfair), you may ask another op for a second opinion. However, you should not make a big scene in public and disrupt the flow of conversation. Doing so will result in being de-voiced.
- The rating of this channel is PG-13 at maximum. That means, while it is okay to mention sex, it is not okay to be explicit about it, nor to discuss it in context of specific characters, NOR is it okay to discuss explicit violence in the same manner. Talking about sites that deal with pornography is not allowed, and linking to them will result in a warning. Linking to images with explicit sexual or violent content WILL result in a ban.
- None of the above can be discussed in any capacity on the forum, comment box, or any other board or chat room endorsed and moderated by this forum or a representative of this forum (to the extent they are acting within their capacity as a representative of this site), nor can discussion or arrangement of said activities be advertised within these areas or directly connected with Housepets in any manner.
(These are still being updated and revised.)