Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

PhoenixAsper

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Sorrow: You know, sometimes, I hate being obsessive. :( It doesn't give me a break.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Joy: I only have one class on Friday.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Anthroguy101 wrote:Joy: I only have one class on Friday.
same here, but it's increased by having no classes on Thursdays.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

WHY: My friend was annoying me during lunch. (No surprise there.) I was trying to hold a normal conversation with him, then he goes 'NO,' trying to steer it off onto the subject of the private RuneScape server he and I have set up. I know this song, from the video Ferrets, by heart and I can do the voice perfectly. It bothers him. I started to sing it to make him stop, and he started to babble really loudly. I gave up and sat there brooding over some severe harassment I had received the period before.

Sorrow: I yelled at my teacher today. I was being sexually harassed, pretty severely at that, and I told the kid to stop. He wouldn't, SO...I was speaking in a rather low voice to this student, telling him to leave me alone and threatening to go and report him, and apparently the teacher heard me. When the student didn't stop, I went to the teacher after class. She tried to put the blame on me. So, I yelled at her. She was very taken aback, but I got the message to her, and she said she'd do something about it.

Joy: I didn't get in trouble for yelling at my teacher.

Joy: It may have been unpleasant and left me feeling guilty, but I got the message across pretty strong to the teacher that I wasn't gonna sit there and be blamed for my having been harassed.

Joy: She's gonna take care of it.

Joy: It seems like she actually gained more respect for me after I told her what really happened, even if I was yelling. She learned that I'm not gonna take this stuff anymore, and she really didn't seem mad. Then she told my homeroom teacher about it, and she didn't even mention the yelling! She just said that I had made a slight disturbance during class (when I told the student to leave me alone) and told the teacher that I was being harassed.

Joy: I'm still pretty much the star student in her class. She smiled at me in the hallway after I had lunch. XD

Joy: My friend is awesome, even if he does annoy me on a daily basis. :3
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Joy: Snow
"Sorrow":

But, really, this winter, I'll take what I can get. It's enough to be pretty, certainly.
Image Image
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

Joy: ive spent my friday quite well(listening to music reading the fan fics, watching youtube videos, planning a drawing)
Sorrow: gotta go to school tommorrow for some extra chem help(im gonna need it.)

Also nice picture.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: Couldn't hang out with my mate because of sleet on the road (ironic for him/her).
Joy: Still got to go to a Magic tournament
Sorrow: Sucked horribly
Joy: Had fun anyway!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

JOY: Finally started on my first chapter! Man, I sure do procrastinate a lot. Then again, I'm typing this for a really non-specific purpose.

Sorrow: I just realized I'm a shut-in.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Joy: I'm writing a short story, and it's coming along great! I had one of my friends read it, and she loves what I have so far!

Sorrow: It's on my username in school.

Sorrow: I've been forgetting to bring in a flash drive to save it and take it home.

Sorrow: I know what I want to write, but I can't because I need the rest of the story for it to be worked in perfectly.

Joy: I know what I want to write!

Sorrow: I have to wait until Monday.

Joy: I have three study halls a day, so I'll have plenty of time to write. I just need to remember to bring in a flash drive!
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Sorrow: I just missed Mettlebird!!!
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

Joy: Found the first series in the wild cards books on ebay and for a low price at that.

Sorrow: Ebay is not working and I have been unable to bid on the books and they have a day and half remaining before the bid ends.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow:I don't have anyone to play magic with since moving into the dorms, maybe I'll get my roommate hooked on it........

Joy:Awesome friday night, my best friend came over and hung out with me and my roommate, and we even hung out with our suitemates, who we barely talked to last semester.

Sorrow:had to get up and go to work, the morning was not kind to me :P

Joy:only a 4 hour shift.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sorrow: I wish dogs didn't bark at me everytime I walk next to them. Seriously, I'm just trying to walk across!
Sorrow: I just hate people that lengthen conversations for what feels like hours. I don't even care about what they're saying half the time but I have to pretend like I'm listening and all that. Never give me a turn to talk either, just keep on rambling about your entire life and what color shoes you wore. ADSFJWKEJFJALDSKJ!#@$QIJEROJIOZSR
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Joy/sorrow: today's my birthday
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
McFly

Post by McFly »

Somewhat of a sorrow: Had to work at huge crab feed my school was hosting.
Joy: They served us (the volunteers) pizza afterwards. :)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy: Chinese New Year here, so lots of fireworks going off. Colourful and loud ones ^w^
Joy: Saw a husky in real life for the first time today. He's so big! Yet cute too X3 (Adding to my collection of seen pure-bred canines)

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Joy: Tuned my piano! Yah!
Joy: Laptop has faster internet speed! Yah!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

kurowolfe wrote:Joy: Chinese New Year here, so lots of fireworks going off. Colourful and loud ones ^w^
Joy: Saw a husky in real life for the first time today. He's so big! Yet cute too X3 (Adding to my collection of seen pure-bred canines)
Dogwatching. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:out of work in time to watch the Pats/Ravens game
sorrow:Pretty sure my Sunday shift is the previously undiscovered 10th circle of the inferno
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

JOY: I'm off work for a couple of days.
SORROW: Spent my paycheck on needless things....
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sleet wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:Joy: Chinese New Year here, so lots of fireworks going off. Colourful and loud ones ^w^
Dogwatching. :P
You'd be surprised on how rare it is to actually get the chance to see pure breeds, since they're so expensive (some of the puppies have the same price as a laptop or a basic motorbike) and are considered a luxury.

I pity the husky though, he has to stay under a large electric fan just to keep cool in the sweltering tropical weather.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Inali wrote:JOY: I'm off work for a couple of days.
that's the best way to spend a paycheck
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Seth wrote:
Inali wrote:JOY: I'm off work for a couple of days.
that's the best way to spend a paycheck
haha! I guess!
------------------

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I would prefer saving your paycheck, with the exception of basic needs and a responsible amount of luxuries.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Miser here ;)
I don't like to spend money :I
Getting empty in my pockets

Sorrow: Have to read 60 more pages by tomorrow ugh
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sleet wrote:I would prefer saving your paycheck, with the exception of basic needs and a responsible amount of luxuries.
You sound like my parents! :lol: JK Actually, I save a little bit of it each time I get paid. It's a "just in case" fund.
------------------

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Joy: I'm 17, so I don't have to worry about spending money just yet! ^-^ I do have a college fund, though.
Sorrow: I keep accidentally typing 16 instead, even though my seventeenth birthday was back in August. >.>
Frustration/sorrow: Parents won't leave me alone about my college and major/minor choices. It's frustrating.
Joy: Free time is always nice. X3
More joy: I can listen to music all the time! <3 Youtube and its users who post videogame OSTs or extensions thereof. :3
Even more joy: It looks like I can be here more consistently for a while. My workload is... twenty times more manageable compared to the last two weeks and four days (yes, I kept track).
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet wrote:I would prefer saving your paycheck, with the exception of basic needs and a responsible amount of luxuries.
This is what I do, whenever possible.

Joy: My miserly nature could possibly lead to wealth someday. Alternately, at least I won't go broke buying stuff I don't need.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:As a college student living roughly 2 miles from home I don't have to worry about responsibility for another 4 or so years.
Huzzah for poor life decisions!
Joy:I can waste all my money because I dont have any bills to pay!

sorrow:My roommate gave about 6 dollars worth of cans and bottles to someone going door to door asking for cans for something. (He wasn't even able to tell me what it was for) thanks roomie it's not like I wanted the money or anything :x :x
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: Had to drop all of my college classes. :(
Joy: I moved in with a long time friend in South Carolina.
Joy/Sorrow: Lots of good and bad things about living down here.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh no! What happened to your classes?
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Couldn't afford where I was living and my only option was to move in with my friend and I couldn't transfer because they don't have my major down here. Balancing school work, bills and a job was also stressful.
I plan to go back as soon as I can figure out how.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

finnally got my internet renewed which was nice for a while until my computer screen decided it was going to die. Then we got that sorted out (eventually) and then just as a finisher we had a massive family argument about many things and it ended very badly. I will go cry now
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

So, joy-wise, I successfully applied for university way up in Toronto. Whether or not I'm going to get what I want is another story, however...

I need to get some kind of proof I am a Canadian citizen. Passport-wise, I first need explicit proof that I am a Canadian citizen (either a birth certificate or a citizenship certificate), which I do not actually have, before I can get a Canadian passport - even then, getting a Canadian passport has some pretty strange rules that the Australian passport does not, so I don't know if I even can get a Canadian passport even if I had the information they needed. But that's fine! I can certainly travel with an Australian passport! However, to merely get that ever-necessary proof that I am a Canadian citizen, I must make a terribly bureaucratic application for a citizenship certificate, which is irritating, because I had previously been told that I do not in fact need a citizenship certificate to be considered a Canadian citizen (that I was one "by birth" despite not being born or ever having lived in Canada). In order to lodge this application, I require some things that my mother needs to send over from Canada (which, of course, is expensive to do). Once she's sent them over, I can fill out the form and send it in with the information and the High Commission will work it's magic and---

oh wait

what's that

there's a twelve-month backlog!?

so much for my uni plans, i guess i'll have to apply next year instead. maybe. you know, since it could take more than a year, and all.

so yeah that's my sorrow for now, at least it's nothing major. you know your life is good when your biggest problem is that you might not get into that university you always wanted, hahaha
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

SORROW: MY FAMILY BROKE MY CHAIR. I AM SO SAD AND MAD AND I DON'T EVEN. WHY DID THIS HAPPEN.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow
I feel as if the driver's seat deserves a ceiling handle as well.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow:Tons of homework this week, looks like I'm not getting any sleep

Joy:I don't work this weekend so I'll catch up on my sleep by next week.

Joy:Got an invite to a frat party this friday and my best friend is gonna come too campus and go with me.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Joy: Had a GREAT day yesterday!

Sorrow: Not everyone else did.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Joy: Dominated the forum games muahahaha
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow:
Had one of the worst food poisoning episodes in my life last night. It was scary, especially when you're alone in the house.

Joy:
At least this morning I'm feeling a bit better, just a bit