Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Chat Thread 33

Post by Seth »

TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:
Seth wrote:
TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote: You... Decieved me....
It's kind of my thing
:lol:
Prepare to suffer my wrath! No longer will we see your treachery! HAVE AT THEE!!! *sword fights with Seth*
*flees in my helicopter laughing maniacally*
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Sleet wrote:No, but friendship is.
I meant to say Science, kinda rushed it
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
Rollofthedice

Post by Rollofthedice »

'My Little Social Psychologists - Friendship is SCIENCE'

"Admittedly, Spike, my insistence on treating you like a servant and veritable pack mule* may lead to a long term sense of social inadequacy and disability which could have a profound effect on your happiness and stress levels. That, in effect, could also lead to a higher risk of depression and suicide.
Oh well! Say, can you get me a book?"

*(from what I've seen in the first few episodes of the show, at the very least)

Moving on - since this doesn't happen to be the MLP thread anyways -

It's almost Christmas already, and the weather down here in southern Texas is ~70 degrees fahrenheit! :cry:
All I want is some snow, world! Why do you have to go all 'equator, sucka' on me?
Reminiscence: A Tale of Dreams - Complete
An Experiment - Ongoing: Story 2, 'The Babylon Incident', in progress!
Tired/Eternity/Broadsides: 'I did not have literary relations with those fanfics'

TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Rollofthedice wrote:'My Little Social Psychologists - Friendship is SCIENCE'

"Admittedly, Spike, my insistence on treating you like a servant and veritable pack mule* may lead to a long term sense of social inadequacy and disability which could have a profound effect on your happiness and stress levels. That, in effect, could also lead to a higher risk of depression and suicide.

It's almost Christmas already, and the weather down here in southern Texas is ~70 degrees fahrenheit! :cry:
All I want is some snow, world! Why do you have to go all 'equator, sucka' on me?
Yep, 10 more days til Christmas!
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Hype on excitement
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

TensaZangetsu wrote:
Rollofthedice wrote:'My Little Social Psychologists - Friendship is SCIENCE'

Yep, 10 more days til Christmas!
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Hype on excitement
it's not symmetrical
shadowhaz

Post by shadowhaz »

but its almost here X 3
it takes an idiot to do cool things that's why they're cool
soothing no?
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Christmas time rocks. I get to see all of my family, and it's really great. Until my older cousins start to fight, that is. *giggles* It's usually over something rather silly, and it's just so darn funny for the rest of the family to watch. The three of them (all sisters) just go off and argue over random stuff that they notice is so slightly wrong, and blame each other for it. Gotta love sisterly love! x3
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Xane wrote:Once you're already sick, vomiting will not help with food poisoning since it's already throughout your system and you (luckily) can't vomit the entire contents of your insides. By the time you're sick it's already way too late! So you'll only make yourself feel worse if you force yourself to vomit (you probably will without any help anyway). Vomiting is only useful if you've poisoned yourself and only for poisons that won't cause just as much damage coming back out (i.e. drain cleaner) which is why you should always call poison control before you do anything at all whether it's yourself, someone else, or your pet.
I currently am just getting over food poisoning, ironically enough. xP

And speaking of drinking 'poisons...' I'm gonna get a Windex bottle and clean it out SUPER good, and then fill it with blue Gatorade. Then I'm gonna walk around school drinking it on April Fool's day. *giggles*
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Mettlebird wrote:
Xane wrote:Once you're already sick, vomiting will not help with food poisoning since it's already throughout your system and you (luckily) can't vomit the entire contents of your insides. By the time you're sick it's already way too late! So you'll only make yourself feel worse if you force yourself to vomit (you probably will without any help anyway). Vomiting is only useful if you've poisoned yourself and only for poisons that won't cause just as much damage coming back out (i.e. drain cleaner) which is why you should always call poison control before you do anything at all whether it's yourself, someone else, or your pet.

And speaking of drinking 'poisons...' I'm gonna get a Windex bottle and clean it out SUPER good, and then fill it with blue Gatorade. Then I'm gonna walk around school drinking it on April Fool's day. *giggles*
you watch Scrubs, don't you? :lol:
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Mettlebird wrote:

you watch Scrubs, don't you? :lol:
When I'm not busy and I see it's on. But I came up with this a few years ago, and I've just never had the chance to do it. *giggles* I can be such a jerk, what, with scaring and pranking my friends like that. I once opened the door to my friend pretending to have a coughing fit, and I had a blood capsule in my mouth... *giggles* I scared him so badly that I nearly cried laughing. But then I felt really bad. And then he punched me. :lol:
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I can never really get myself interested in Christmas until a few days before. I think it might be a side effect of me complaining about advertisers bringing Christmas out early so much.

Also, being sick is not fun. I can tell that I'm developing a cold at the moment, but I'm trying to hold it off until next week because I've got important stuff to do this weekend.
Image Image
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

I honestly don't care about Christmas at all
Am I a bad person?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

no, you just lack a soul. (kidding, of course)
(about the soul, not about the no)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

TensaZangetsu wrote:I honestly don't care about Christmas at all
Am I a bad person?
Nope. I can understand why some people wouldn't really care. I can sort of understand where people that actively dislike it are coming from, since the way we treat Christmas as a culture can get obnoxious at times, but I still find it odd.
Image Image
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:no, you just lack a soul. (kidding, of course)
Wait what!
And I'd be interested in Christmas if I had someone special to spend it with, but I don't, so Im not
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

TensaZangetsu wrote:
Wait what!
And I'd be interested in Christmas if I had someone special to spend it with, but I don't, so Im not
I meant that, no, you aren't a bad person, and I was kidding about you not having a soul.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
TensaZangetsu wrote:
Wait what!
I meant that, no, you aren't a bad person, and I was kidding about you not having a soul.
Please mak that more clear next time
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Saying that you were just kidding is never enough to communicate you were just kidding, brent. tsk tsk.

My favorite part about Christmas is all the people who celebrate it without being christian, and they're just like "lol we can do it 2." It's just neat how it's a giant snowball of traditions that turned into a cultural thing and is now pretty rootless but still awesome.

In other news: I'm thinking about throwing the randomizer back up there. Can I get a yay/nay?
bwah bwah
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Psykeout wrote:Saying that you were just kidding is never enough to communicate you were just kidding, brent. tsk tsk.
sorry, I'll try to remember the up tacks next time.

I used to use up tacks like you, but then I got lazy and didn't want to finish this lame joke.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Psykeout wrote:My favorite part about Christmas is all the people who celebrate it without being christian, and they're just like "lol we can do it 2." It's just neat how it's a giant snowball of traditions that turned into a cultural thing and is now pretty rootless but still awesome.
Well, considering it wasn't originally a Christian holiday... I think we non-Christians are just as entitled to celebrating it as anyone else. :p
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Psykeout wrote:In other news: I'm thinking about throwing the randomizer back up there. Can I get a yay/nay?
I've been so good about updating it
It's only been like seven million years, nothing major.
Image Image
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

CaptainPea wrote:
Psykeout wrote:In other news: I'm thinking about throwing the randomizer back up there. Can I get a yay/nay?
I've been so good about updating it
It's only been like seven million years, nothing major.
I meant my avatar.

but oh no.

We're like the not-finishing-the-silly-projects-we-start duo.
bwah bwah
The Swimmer

Post by The Swimmer »

Odd, I thought I saw an IRC for HousePets... why would there be a 'random chat' thread? The forums I visit avoid those :|
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

because some of us don't like the IRC and we're a fun forum. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

The Swimmer wrote:Odd, I thought I saw an IRC for HousePets... why would there be a 'random chat' thread? The forums I visit avoid those :|
because secretly the irc is an underground rebellion and we are the republic.
bwah bwah
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Conspiracy Theories? I always get here when something wierd is going on.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The chat thread doesn't require you to actively be there to participate like the IRC does. You can just pop in, read a few posts, respond, and leave if you want.
KJOokami wrote:
Psykeout wrote:My favorite part about Christmas is all the people who celebrate it without being christian, and they're just like "lol we can do it 2." It's just neat how it's a giant snowball of traditions that turned into a cultural thing and is now pretty rootless but still awesome.
Well, considering it wasn't originally a Christian holiday... I think we non-Christians are just as entitled to celebrating it as anyone else. :p
That'd be some of the traditions, like Christmas trees. Not the holiday itself.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Oh, I certainly wouldn't want to be part of the republic! Those are almost always the bad guys! *leaves*

Wait, I'm a mod. *giggles*
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Not everyone is willing to go on the IRC, and having a Chat Thread should allow you to write and discuss things in a more thoughtful manner. Though sometimes things are a bit quickly said or not all to thought out, the IRC for Housepets! is much worse on that regard, not that it is bad or anything.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sleet wrote:
KJOokami wrote:Well, considering it wasn't originally a Christian holiday... I think we non-Christians are just as entitled to celebrating it as anyone else. :p
That'd be some of the traditions, like Christmas trees. Not the holiday itself.
wasn't Christmas supposed to actually be in spring? but there was a pagan holiday on December 25th.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Sleet wrote:That'd be some of the traditions, like Christmas trees. Not the holiday itself.
No, this is false. The holiday is pagan. The only christian tradition involved is taking preexisting traditions and adding them to Christ's mas. It goes under the tag of the birth of Jesus, but that's a sort of "excuse."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:wasn't Christmas supposed to actually be in spring? but there was a pagan holiday on December 25th.
The Birth of Jesus was some time else. When there was this whole "hey let's convert Europe" thing going on, they absorbed pagan traditions associated with the winter solstice. December 25 was a good "all these things happen right around this date."
bwah bwah
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I don't really like Christmas, in terms of the actual holiday specifically named Christmas.

Hanukkah, Ramadan, Yuletide, whatever; regardless of what your particular festival is, the Christmas period in general is enjoyable. But I don't like the specific holiday Christmas.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Ebly wrote:I don't really like Christmas, in terms of the actual holiday specifically named Christmas.

Hanukkah, Ramadan, Yuletide, whatever; regardless of what your particular festival is, the Christmas period in general is enjoyable. But I don't like the specific holiday Christmas.
Someone that thinks like me! And it happens to be Ebly! I don't celebrate it like most people, but yes, it is enjoyable period!
Make Pasta not war.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Psykeout wrote:
Sleet wrote:That'd be some of the traditions, like Christmas trees. Not the holiday itself.
No, this is false. The holiday is pagan. The only christian tradition involved is taking preexisting traditions and adding them to Christ's mas. It goes under the tag of the birth of Jesus, but that's a sort of "excuse."
Semantics. It comes down to whether you consider "Christmas" to be the meaning of the holiday or the date and many of the traditions. I think most people understand what Christmas is about as well as the true origin of the date and the trees and such, so there's not really much to explain.

I love both the meaning and the superficial aspects of Christmas! Christmastime is so cozy. The decorations are awesome too!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Dylan wrote:
Ebly wrote:I don't really like Christmas, in terms of the actual holiday specifically named Christmas.

Someone that thinks like me! And it happens to be Ebly! I don't celebrate it like most people, but yes, it is enjoyable period!
Haha, well what can I say. Specific holidays always seem to be a bit of a perversion of what the actual intent of the holidays were meant to be, at least by my interpretation. Like Valentine's Day going crazy with chocolate and love messages and crap, while I much prefer the ~vibe~ (if you'll forgive such a vague, airy-fairy term) that's meant to be associated with it.
Sleet wrote:I think most people understand [...] the true origin of the date and the trees and such
How wrong you are!
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I just enjoy receiving gifts :lol:
All gift giving holidays are good.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I love christmas,
I have a close extended family on my mom's side so getting to see all the cousins/aunts/uncles/old people I don't know is pretty awesome.
And I get to eat way too much of my grandmas cooking!!!!
And getting free crap from your family is always cool!

I'm actually kinda excited that I get to shop for my family this year, it feels cool spending my own money on people.
And I'm 18 which means that I'm old enough, in my family's eyes, to have a glass of wine or two with the family at christmas parties/christmas dinner. (sorry if that's not forum appropriate)

Oh
and EGGNOG
I LOVE ME SOME EGGNOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

;_; Isolated from family
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Ebly wrote:
Dylan wrote:

Ebly wrote:Haha, well what can I say. Specific holidays always seem to be a bit of a perversion of what the actual intent of the holidays were meant to be, at least by my interpretation. Like Valentine's Day going crazy with chocolate and love messages and crap, while I much prefer the ~vibe~ (if you'll forgive such a vague, airy-fairy term) that's meant to be associated with it.
My family celebrates the true meaning, not this commercial thing nowadays. However, we still do gifts for the younger ones in our family. :P
Make Pasta not war.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Wanderer wrote:;_; Isolated from family
*hugs*
It's okay, you still get to watch christmas specials all day
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz