Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Dubiousity

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Dubiousity »

So I played League of Legends for the very first time with some friends last night, pretty fun.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
exranio

Post by exranio »

So Did anyone get King of Fighters XIII?
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

I reeeeaaalllyyy want the new Layton game. I miss that terrible british accent and the toothpaste guy mystery solving duo. *sigh* But we don't get the 100 hour rpg that comes with it, but America does.

AMERICABURG!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
shadowhaz

Post by shadowhaz »

exranio wrote:So Did anyone get King of Fighters XIII?
I want that game so badly but i cant buy but it really looks like a blast
it takes an idiot to do cool things that's why they're cool
soothing no?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Don't have it yet, but i'm getting Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 for christmas.

Firebrand/Rocket Raccoon/Amaterasu <3
She-Hulk/Nemesis/Deadpool :)
Iron Fist/Ryu/Haggar =D
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

I'm rather curious as to see it's differentiating features from it's predecessor.
Actually, I kinda want to play as Phoenix. x3
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Bought Skyrim recently... I'm behind everyone!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

But you have it, and thats the important bit.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

That's right. I don't even have it yet. ;-;
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Skyrim is so epic. I want it very, very much after having played it at a friend's house.

Too bad this piece of crap can't handle it, or I'd have already bought it off of Steam... >.>
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Urgh I hate this season. I go so long not giving a crap about most games coming out, then Nintendo wants me to buy Skyward Sword, Super Mario Land 3D and Mario Speedwagon 7. And FFXIII-2 is coming out too... *groans*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:Urgh I hate this season. I go so long not giving a crap about most games coming out, then Nintendo wants me to buy Skyward Sword, Super Mario Land 3D and Mario Speedwagon 7. And FFXIII-2 is coming out too... *groans*
Just get them when you can then, no need to get them all at once, they're not going anywhere.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Dubiousity wrote:So I played League of Legends for the very first time with some friends last night, pretty fun.
Quite! The jungle calls to me...
Sleet wrote:Urgh I hate this season. I go so long not giving a crap about most games coming out, then Nintendo wants me to buy Skyward Sword, Super Mario Land 3D and Mario Speedwagon 7. And FFXIII-2 is coming out too... *groans*
This November has been calling for me to buy many games when I have no money. Skyrim, Skyward Sword, Assassin's Creed, to say the least...so many good games! D:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dubiousity wrote:
Just get them when you can then, no need to get them all at once, they're not going anywhere.
Indeed they're not. But I worry for when more games come out.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:
Well think of it this way, Winter/Spring only really has about 1/4th of the amount of game releases as September-November, and Summer is always bone dry, so there, plenty of time.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

And umm. If more happen to come out, you will have more to look forward to and find more enjoyment than having them all at once.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:And umm. If more happen to come out, you will have more to look forward to and find more enjoyment than having them all at once.
But I won't have finished the ones I already have, so it's tricky.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

But giaz Christmas!

Got the new Layton game, not as good as the lost future (the 3rd game for you Americans) but then that made me cry so...
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Recently been playing Final Fantasy 7 for the PS1 (on my PS2), sadly, already beat it in like......a week >.>;;
ImageImageImage
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

no, i got our of Midgar in like 4 hours (7 as far as the game thinks, considering I had to pause it so many times) though I was extremely surprised with Knights of the Round summoning. See, when I played it years ago, I was only borrowing it, and could not take the extra time to do the chocobo breeding, so I beat the game without it. Though when I read that with Knights of the Round would make it easier, IT IS A SEVERE UNDERSTATEMENT, as it took only one turn to beat Safer Sephiroth
ImageImageImage
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Right now, they are, i found it funny back in high school, that the friend who let me borrow it, and another friend, both had the game for two years, yet never beat it, they both used Cloud, Cid, and Vincent, and here I am, using Cloud, Tifa and Nanaki (default name is Red XIII, though in Cosmo Canyon you find out his real name, thus I use it) and beat the game in two weeks xD
ImageImageImage
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Got my DotA 2 key a few days ago, soooo much happy.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

There's a game for Iphone called Real Racing 2. I've been playing that like crazy recently. I signed up for Game Center so I could post my lap times, etc., and right now I am ranked 1472 in the world overall. There's like 150,000 or so players, so that puts me somewhere in the top 5%.
Attachments
IMG_1235.PNG
IMG_1235.PNG (191.67 KiB) Viewed 7341 times
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sleet wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:
And you complain about having too much to play!
Xane wrote:Not sure if I should link to YouTube because of the extremely non-PG rating of the comments sections these days. I really wish they would filter their comments.
Best not to. People have gotten in trouble for linking to sites with non-PG subject manner.
Souji

Post by Souji »

DismayWolf wrote:no, i got our of Midgar in like 4 hours (7 as far as the game thinks, considering I had to pause it so many times) though I was extremely surprised with Knights of the Round summoning. See, when I played it years ago, I was only borrowing it, and could not take the extra time to do the chocobo breeding, so I beat the game without it. Though when I read that with Knights of the Round would make it easier, IT IS A SEVERE UNDERSTATEMENT, as it took only one turn to beat Safer Sephiroth

Funny how you can destroy the final boss in two to three turns, but the Weapons still kick your butt in mere seconds. XP
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Anybody got Sola to Robo: Red the Hunter?
Don't have yet but it looks awesome!!
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Tattorack wrote:Anybody got Sola to Robo: Red the Hunter?
Solatorobo is just one word, yes I do have it. The storyline's brilliant but the gameplay is pathetically easy and for some reason that's never explained, they all talk french...
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Souji wrote:
DismayWolf wrote:no, i got our of Midgar in like 4 hours (7 as far as the game thinks, considering I had to pause it so many times) though I was extremely surprised with Knights of the Round summoning. See, when I played it years ago, I was only borrowing it, and could not take the extra time to do the chocobo breeding, so I beat the game without it. Though when I read that with Knights of the Round would make it easier, IT IS A SEVERE UNDERSTATEMENT, as it took only one turn to beat Safer Sephiroth

Funny how you can destroy the final boss in two to three turns, but the Weapons still kick your butt in mere seconds. XP
That is because Ruby and Emerald's attack strength is high, plus, Ruby's HP is 800,000 while Emerald as 1 million HP! Where as Bizzaro Sephiroth only has 40,000 HP and Safer Sephiroth only has 80,000 (then again, the stronger you are, the stronger he is) Ruby cannot be hurt until he put his hands into the ground (and that's only when you have one character left) where as Emerald, you have a 30 minute time limit to beat him
ImageImageImage
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

zeldakeeper wrote:Solatorobo is just one word, yes I do have it. The storyline's brilliant but the gameplay is pathetically easy and for some reason that's never explained, they all talk french...
French!?!...
I'm getting the European version, it says it should also be in English...
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Tattorack wrote:
zeldakeeper wrote:Solatorobo is just one word, yes I do have it. The storyline's brilliant but the gameplay is pathetically easy and for some reason that's never explained, they all talk french...
French!?!...
I'm getting the European version, it says it should also be in English...

All the text is in English, just the audio is French. It was like that in the Japanese version too.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

zeldakeeper wrote:
Tattorack wrote:Anybody got Sola to Robo: Red the Hunter?
Solatorobo is just one word, yes I do have it. The storyline's brilliant but the gameplay is pathetically easy and for some reason that's never explained, they all talk french...
None of the games in that series are really hard, plus it's better to have a easy game with a better chance of selling then teeth grinding hard and selling less. CyberConnect2's always had trouble with sales for that series.
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

I don't mind teeth grindingly hard, as long as it has a good
story, nice gameplay, and graphics that don't confuse.
But... French audio!?!
Is it a French developed game?
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

You know what game I love? Alan Wake. That game is fun, interesting, and different than anything I have played before.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Tattorack wrote:I don't mind teeth grindingly hard, as long as it has a good
story, nice gameplay, and graphics that don't confuse.
But... French audio!?!
Is it a French developed game?
It was made by the Japanese but I don't understand why you're so upset about the Frenchness, I think it gives off a lovely air plus I keep giggling to myself whenever the main character goes "SALUUUTTTT" XDD.
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Yeah, well, your not living in France.Image
Last edited by Tattorack on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Tattorack wrote:Yeah, well, your not living in France.http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/ ... 4g35n0.png
OH NO IT DOESN'T HAVE ENGLISH AUDIO! HOW DARE IT HAVE IT FRENCH! HOW SIMPLY DARE IT!
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

zeldakeeper wrote: OH NO IT DOESN'T HAVE ENGLISH AUDIO! HOW DARE IT HAVE IT FRENCH! HOW SIMPLY DARE IT!
No, more like:
French books, french comics, french games, french shows, french movies...
Gimme something English!!!
Oh hey! A Japanese game with amazing cut scenes, cool!
Wait! In French!?!
WILL I EVER ESCAPE IT!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

So, I'm kind of glad my mom dragged me to that chick flick over the weekend. Gamestop was having their holiday sale where you can buy two used games and get another one for free. I got PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Super Mario Galaxy 2. :D

My other choices were between The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, and Animal Crossing: City Folk. But I already have the DS version of Animal Crossing, my friend already owns Twilight Princess, and I haven't seen/heard enough of Okami to buy it just yet. (Yeah, it's been out for a few years now, but most of you know that I live under a rock half the time.)

After Christmas Day, I don't think I'm going to come out of my room until my birthday. X3
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Okami is amazing! Though Super Mario Galaxy 2 is one of the best games I've ever played, so eh. :P
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Super mario galaxy 1 was better than 2! :roll: