HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ctcmjh

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by ctcmjh »

valerio wrote:Rikki waved to the cat. "Glad you could make it! Wow, you surely are a fast runner, gal! How ya doin?"
Eris waved back, "Thanks, I'm doing okay. What about you?" She asked, Rikki, panting a little bit, tired from the sprint.
xhunterko wrote:"Hey there she is! Those were your booms I heard I hope?" Mitch said to the cat, "Well, I dunno actually Rikki. Like I said, I don't know much about shopping."
"Yeah, those were mine. I thought I'd set them off instead of bringing them into the mall with me."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki started walking toward the bookstore. "I'm gonna buy a book for Val, then we're going to the hobby shop for another gift. Anything you would like me to buy for you, Eris? My treat."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

valerio wrote:Rikki started walking toward the bookstore. "I'm gonna buy a book for Val, then we're going to the hobby shop for another gift. Anything you would like me to buy for you, Eris? My treat."
"Oh, you don't have to buy me anything, Rikki!" Eris said as she followed, "Besides, I just got my allowance, so I have some money burning a hole in my collar!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki's eyes gleamed of a predatory light. "Oohh, playing the big girl, today? Had you in mind something for our warrior, here?" the ferret nudged the cat, winking at her
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch groaned at Rikki's talk. Still though, he had no idea what they meant. Money burns holes in collars? And spicy calendars? He wasn't aware thay one could eat that stuff.

"Heh, well, that's certainly a good idea," Mitch said to Eris, "I left some of my stuff at Rikki's cause she said it'd be too dangerous here too." He wanted to ask, but he almost didn't dare for looking a fool. But still.

"Uh, Rikki, when you said spicy calendar," he said, "What exactly did you mean? And, how does money burn a hole in your collar? I know some of it's paper but still." And now Mitch felt completely embarrased. He wasn't used to asking. He was more or less used to being told.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The bookstore was just there. Rikki, giggling, motioned Mitch to follow her.
Once they were in, the ferret asked the clerk to hand her that particular 2012 calendar...yes, that one, thank you.
Its cover showed a sturdy doberman boy posing wearing only a 2012 banner. The pose suggested it was a calendar meant for girls...
"Now, *this* is what I call 'spicy'. Val will go nuts for this collection of eye-candy."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch's mouth dropped. Now that was clearly indecent.

And certainly on the no-no list for the Orginization...

"Oh," Mitch said, "Um, gee. Er. I'm sure him and, the wolf will fight over that one. Uh. Eris, you getting anything here?" Mitch looked at her as closely without trying to be intrusive but keeping his eyes off that calendar at the same time. Not only would the orginization do something. He knew his mother would have his hide if she knew he had been looking at something like that!
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Leafolawl wrote:Specter stayed quiet on the walk there, only doing his paranoid-look-abouts that grew in frequency as the got farther from where he lived, as he'd come to not only expect, but demand of himself. He was looking around frantically a while before they'd reached the parking lot, but it was a different story when they got to the front of the mall. Specter stood almost as still as a statue looking at the automated doors to the mall, intimidated by the hordes of people could they held within.

"Are you sure we can be here?" Specter had the pad ask, holding it as far away from him as possible, as he was currently in paranoid overdrive. He pulled it back in and held it as close to himself as he could as to not drop it. He looked to Archy, since he was the most trusted among the group, and tried asking through his body language the same question he had written on the tablet not even moments ago.
"Yes," Archimedes said, "its a public place, anyone can go in." Though, someone so frightened could perhaps use a less occupied part of the mall. "We could go around to a less busy area?"

"Yea, I doubt they'd throw anyone out" Nate said, "their goal is to make money and they can make a lot off pets. If we weren't allowed in, it'd do them more harm."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki bought the calendar, and also asked the clerk if they had the latest novel of the Hidden Tracks series, a crime series blockbuster featuring a human and his doberman, Otis. Once the clerk had gotten it, Rikki had both items gift-wrapped in a nice blue glossy paper. She paid and got the package in its bag.
"Done! Now for the hobby & work shop." She rubbed Mitch's headfur. "Now, now, feeling better now that the evil calendar is hidden from sight? And you, Eris, what did you have in mind to get?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Har har," Mitch responded, then he looked around, "There's a lot of neat stuff here. But I don't know what'd I'd get cause I don't know what I'd like to read. Heh."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Eris shrugged, "I didn't really have anything in mind. But I'm not really a big fan of reading, so I don't think I'll buy anything here." She told Rikki and Mitch, "But I think I could find something at the hobby store!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

The hobby store was a small paradise for modeling, from railroads to planes, from Crusade models to WWII. Only rule, no Sci-Fi or fantasy. The store had a pride for keeping up to history and technicalities, not to flights of mind.
Rikki was not a fan of these activities -she was a very active creatures, and if she had to stay sitting somewhere, she preferred to do that with a keyboard and a PC while programming or hacking a baddie's account.
The ferret asked to the clerk if they had a 'Hubble' solar system model of Gliese 581. Though extrasolar systems were widely unknown in details, that was science so speculations were allowed.
The clerk got the big package and wrapped it up as per Rikki's instructions. she told him her Dad would pass by to get it, and paid for it. Once she had gotten the receipt, she said to Eris, "Done! Now, i'm gonna dedicate all my shopping powers to help you and Mitch to fullfill your missions!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

She was taking this a little bit too far. Mitch thought to himself. Still, you couldn't help her enthusism.

"All right, all right," he said, waving his hands up and dropping them down, "Still though, I don't know what I'd li-*"

And then a racket a couple isles down caused Mitches head to swivel. He recognized that sound. But he couldn't quite place it. Someone had knocked the wind chimes around and caused a stir.

"What, what was that?" Mitch asked Rikki, surprisedat hearing something familiar.
Last edited by xhunterko on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

razgriz wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:Specter stayed quiet on the walk there, only doing his paranoid-look-abouts that grew in frequency as the got farther from where he lived, as he'd come to not only expect, but demand of himself. He was looking around frantically a while before they'd reached the parking lot, but it was a different story when they got to the front of the mall. Specter stood almost as still as a statue looking at the automated doors to the mall, intimidated by the hordes of people could they held within.

"Are you sure we can be here?" Specter had the pad ask, holding it as far away from him as possible, as he was currently in paranoid overdrive. He pulled it back in and held it as close to himself as he could as to not drop it. He looked to Archy, since he was the most trusted among the group, and tried asking through his body language the same question he had written on the tablet not even moments ago.
"Yes," Archimedes said, "its a public place, anyone can go in." Though, someone so frightened could perhaps use a less occupied part of the mall. "We could go around to a less busy area?"

"Yea, I doubt they'd throw anyone out" Nate said, "their goal is to make money and they can make a lot off pets. If we weren't allowed in, it'd do them more harm."
"Yeh it's fine, and even if something does happen, lots of witnesses and liable to sue them I think maybe." Ying exclaimed walking through the section of the automatic doors that always blow hot air at anybody under the doors.

"So where to first then? If we're here to have fun might as well stay as a group. That fine by you mate?" Nalo asked Specter which he thought he would say yes to but who knows really. Before Ying cut in saying "I believe there's an arcade here, why not go there." smiling as he says it.
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

theblackcateyes wrote:-You are doing it great-Said to Lance wavig his tail as a dog and holding a warm smile in his lips. He started to watch around the gym looking to the others a little embarrased for not being so strong or having so much muscles, after looking around he continued seeing Lance. -C´mon sweetie!-
Lance pumped up and down still counting away "20,21,22...23,24...25" he counted and looked up at Kurt "T-thanks for the... encouragement. G-gonna go to...40 then stop." He said getting a bit tired. He pumped up more the numbers getting higher and higher as he does so still calling out the numbers, his voice getting ragged a bit as he does so. "35...36...37...3...38...39...40." He gasped out and put the bar back on the rack. "ha...ha...ha Y-You want t-to try sweetie?" He asked getting off the bench breathing heavily.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

YingBlanc wrote:
razgriz wrote:"Yes," Archimedes said, "its a public place, anyone can go in." Though, someone so frightened could perhaps use a less occupied part of the mall. "We could go around to a less busy area?"

"Yeh it's fine, and even if something does happen, lots of witnesses and liable to sue them I think maybe." Ying exclaimed walking through the section of the automatic doors that always blow hot air at anybody under the doors.

"So where to first then? If we're here to have fun might as well stay as a group. That fine by you mate?" Nalo asked Specter which he thought he would say yes to but who knows really. Before Ying cut in saying "I believe there's an arcade here, why not go there." smiling as he says it.
"Okay then." Specter quickly wrote on the tablet, still acting paranoid like something was gonna jump out and attack him. After a few moments more of otherwise stillness, he brought himself to step slowly through the doors. He really wanted to be home right now, where he was almost completely sure he was safe, but he knew he would still be told to find some friends. Mr. and Mrs. McHugh were rather strict when they felt the needed to be, regardless if it made him uncomfortable.

But he felt like it was their right to make him feel uncomfortable. After all, he did live under their roof. He'd much prefer occasionally feeling uncomfortable than to constantly feel threatened though. It was a huge improvement for him actually, since there were several times in which he had one or more parts of his body go completely numb for a "nice" long time. He quickly shook his head and jotted down "So where is this arcade?" Trying to get away from his brewing flashbacks.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:She was taking this a little bit too far. Mitch thought to himself. Still, you couldn't help her enthusism.
"All right, all right," he said, waving his hands up and dropping them down, "Still though, I don't know what I'd li-*"
And then a racket a couple isles down caused Mitches head to swivel. He recognized that sound. But he couldn't quite place it. Someone had knocked the wind chimes around and caused a stir.
"What, what was that?" Mitch asked Rikki, surprisedat hearing something familiar.
"Recognize anything?" Rikki asked
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

IceKitsune wrote:Lance pumped up and down still counting away "20,21,22...23,24...25" he counted and looked up at Kurt "T-thanks for the... encouragement. G-gonna go to...40 then stop." He said getting a bit tired. He pumped up more the numbers getting higher and higher as he does so still calling out the numbers, his voice getting ragged a bit as he does so. "35...36...37...3...38...39...40." He gasped out and put the bar back on the rack. "ha...ha...ha Y-You want t-to try sweetie?" He asked getting off the bench breathing heavily.
-Ammmmm... me?!!...I'm not so strong...or with little muscles....or...well...- Said stupidly with his face red thinking how about that question, he actually wasn't so good with exercise, he loves his thin body.

-Emmm.....*giggles*
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I think, but I don't know what to call what made that sound," Mitch said, "We were walking, I think, and I asked my mother what it was when I heard it. But, that was a while ago." He walked slowly in the direction of where the sound came from.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki's expression darkened as she nodded and followed the red panda.
---
"You don't need an intensive program, for a starter," Belisarius said from behind Kurt. He felt his biceps and thighs. "You need... See that chord? Do some jump. Develope your agility rather than your mucles." He went to take it and tossed to to Kurt. Then he winked at it. "I'm sure you'll also offer a nice view to your mate while doing that,"
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Leafolawl wrote: "Okay then." Specter quickly wrote on the tablet, still acting paranoid like something was gonna jump out and attack him. After a few moments more of otherwise stillness, he brought himself to step slowly through the doors. He really wanted to be home right now, where he was almost completely sure he was safe, but he knew he would still be told to find some friends. Mr. and Mrs. McHugh were rather strict when they felt the needed to be, regardless if it made him uncomfortable.

But he felt like it was their right to make him feel uncomfortable. After all, he did live under their roof. He'd much prefer occasionally feeling uncomfortable than to constantly feel threatened though. It was a huge improvement for him actually, since there were several times in which he had one or more parts of his body go completely numb for a "nice" long time. He quickly shook his head and jotted down "So where is this arcade?" Trying to get away from his brewing flashbacks.
"I don't know, we'll have to look at a map" Archimedes said, sticking close to Specter to try and keep him calm as he lead him up to a map kiosk. "And... its right over here on the second floor."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch finally got to the isle where the wind chimes where. They had already been put back up it seemed. He ran his finger through them, making the noise.

"Wow," Mitch said, "I'd never thought I'd hear that again. I think, I might've been carried, rather then walking though. Heh." He ran his finger through them again just to be sure.

So, windchimes. Pretty. He thought, looking at the sign.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki relaxed -really, that guy needed badly to try to invest more in positive thinking. The way he had reacted, she had feared there were thughs waiting to get him behind the corner...
"You want me to buy a set of them?" She asked, acting as friendly as possible, no taunting, no mischievous expressions.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch sighed. The only thing he didn't want was to be seen as taking advantage of somebody. But, they were so insistant. Except, Mitch detected no teasing of any kind from Rikki this time. Which, relieved him quite a bit.

"Well, I suppose," Mitch said, he picked up a small group that made a quiet sound, "How 'bout these then? Nice and quiet."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki nodded and patted the panda's shoulder. "Good. Thank you for allowing me to buy it." And she called to the clerk. She paid the price and had it wrapped in a nice green glossy paper. She handed the package to Mitch. "Here you go. Hope you and your fellas at the village enjoy it."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Eris followed Rikki and Mitch as Mitch explored the sound he had heard. When they found out it was just windchimes, Eris sighed in relief. She didn't want anything ELSE bad to happen today.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki waved to the cat. "Hey, Ris! You wanna a windchime, too? I thought I'd buy one for Mitch only, but there was this awesome one I think it will look great on our porch. You could use one."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Yeah, we should," Mitch said, , taking it gently and putting it in his satchel, "Whenever the tribe would stop by temples, my dad has said, we'd linger a little longer to hear the music. Huh, I wonder if they have any brushes?"

Mitch was rather enjoying himself. Too much, maybe, said a random thought. Mitch dismissed it instantly.

Besides, if the orginization were here, they'd jump out already. He mentally stuck his tongue out at them.
Last edited by xhunterko on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Eris shook her head, "You don't have to buy it for me, Rikki. Even if this one is really pretty." She said, laughing a little, pointing to a small purple wind chime. Eris listened to what Mitch had said, "Brushes? Like paint brushes? They should have a ton of them."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Nah, I mean like small ink brushes," Mitch said "Mine are getting a little thread bare. Heh."
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

razgriz wrote:
Leafolawl wrote: "Okay then." Specter quickly wrote on the tablet, still acting paranoid like something was gonna jump out and attack him. After a few moments more of otherwise stillness, he brought himself to step slowly through the doors. He really wanted to be home right now, where he was almost completely sure he was safe, but he knew he would still be told to find some friends. Mr. and Mrs. McHugh were rather strict when they felt the needed to be, regardless if it made him uncomfortable.

"I don't know, we'll have to look at a map" Archimedes said, sticking close to Specter to try and keep him calm as he lead him up to a map kiosk. "And... its right over here on the second floor."
"Okays so allon-sy" Ying exclaimed looking at the map to memorise where the arcade is on the second floor. "Hopefully mate..." he started turning to Specter "...Once you get into a good game you won't notice anything around you. That's what happens to me sometimes anyway"
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

xhunterko wrote:"Nah, I mean like small ink brushes," Mitch said "Mine are getting a little thread bare. Heh."
"Oh, ink brushes. So like, for caligraphy and stuff? If so, the art store should have some." She said, thinking about where the brushes would be.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

YingBlanc wrote:
razgriz wrote:"I don't know, we'll have to look at a map" Archimedes said, sticking close to Specter to try and keep him calm as he lead him up to a map kiosk. "And... its right over here on the second floor."
"Okays so allon-sy" Ying exclaimed looking at the map to memorise where the arcade is on the second floor. "Hopefully mate..." he started turning to Specter "...Once you get into a good game you won't notice anything around you. That's what happens to me sometimes anyway"
"I hope I don't, you never know what happens when you're absorbed in a game." Specter had wrote on the tablet, following a bit more quickly than he was outside, making sure he stayed in the middle of the group. "I mean, You could have stuff taken from you without even noticing, and that's never any fun, right?" he had it finish saying, again stopping it before it read his notes.

He knew they were on to his fear of something, he just didn't want word getting out about a possible abuse. It had happened in a previous town, but he was still freaking out over the questioning from the animal psychiatrists they'd forced him to see. An experience he wished to never go back through. While thinking about that he got a cold chill that made his fur stand on end a little.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

theblackcateyes wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Lance pumped up and down still counting away "20,21,22...23,24...25" he counted and looked up at Kurt "T-thanks for the... encouragement. G-gonna go to...40 then stop." He said getting a bit tired. He pumped up more the numbers getting higher and higher as he does so still calling out the numbers, his voice getting ragged a bit as he does so. "35...36...37...3...38...39...40." He gasped out and put the bar back on the rack. "ha...ha...ha Y-You want t-to try sweetie?" He asked getting off the bench breathing heavily.
-Ammmmm... me?!!...I'm not so strong...or with little muscles....or...well...- Said stupidly with his face red thinking how about that question, he actually wasn't so good with exercise, he loves his thin body.

-Emmm.....*giggles*
Lance smiled and kissed Kurt lightly on the forehead. "Don't worry sweetie we can make it lighter for you and get you up to where I am." He said as he took off some of the weights leaving it at 50bls and placed the bar back on the rack. "There that should be good enough. Give it a shot, I'll be right her if you need help." Lance said smiling sweetly at Kurt his tail wagging a bit.
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

Eve was waking throught the streets, after being ignored by Destiny she went out and now was looking for something that could take her attention, someone to play with.

-I don't know this city is weird-

She continued walking looking down starting to remember.

-No! stop thinking in that- Thougt smacking her head hoping that doing it could keep away the thoughts.
IceKitsune wrote:Lance smiled and kissed Kurt lightly on the forehead. "Don't worry sweetie we can make it lighter for you and get you up to where I am." He said as he took off some of the weights leaving it at 50bls and placed the bar back on the rack. "There that should be good enough. Give it a shot, I'll be right her if you need help." Lance said smiling sweetly at Kurt his tail wagging a bit.
-O...ok-o-ok...I wil try-Said a little nervious looking to the Lance's smile...for some reason that was giving him more self-esteem.

So he walked slowly and taking a big ammount of air with one breath, layed down and took the bar looking to Lance from under it
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Leafolawl wrote:
YingBlanc wrote: "Okays so allon-sy" Ying exclaimed looking at the map to memorise where the arcade is on the second floor. "Hopefully mate..." he started turning to Specter "...Once you get into a good game you won't notice anything around you. That's what happens to me sometimes anyway"
"I hope I don't, you never know what happens when you're absorbed in a game." Specter had wrote on the tablet, following a bit more quickly than he was outside, making sure he stayed in the middle of the group. "I mean, You could have stuff taken from you without even noticing, and that's never any fun, right?" he had it finish saying, again stopping it before it read his notes.

He knew they were on to his fear of something, he just didn't want word getting out about a possible abuse. It had happened in a previous town, but he was still freaking out over the questioning from the animal psychiatrists they'd forced him to see. An experience he wished to never go back through. While thinking about that he got a cold chill that made his fur stand on end a little.
"Arcades?" Nate asked, "I thought those were gone. We spent months trying to find an old machine from one just to use as a set piece... And eventually faked it with our own."

"They're still around, too popular in some places," Archy said, leading the way, "they're mainly in places where people can't bring regular game things with them, such as hotels and the beach." He looked back at Specter, "Its alright, we'll keep an eye out for you so no one steals anything."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Really?" Mitch asked, "I couldn't draw to save my life. But if that's where they come from then. Say, you getting anything here?" He asked Eris. Then he smacked his head.

"Thanks Rikki," he said, giving her a light hug.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Heh, my pleasure boy. I'll do this everytime, just to see you relaxing a bit."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"It's hard, especially with, with, with, them, still squirming around," Mitch said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"So?" Rikki shrugged. "Valiant lost his career and an arm to the mafia. In the end, it didn't stop him from rebuilding his life. You should do the same, I've dealt with a lot of traumatized animals, remember where I come from. Just remember: you and your people are not alone now. Ok?"