Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
ChewyChewy

Re: current comic

Post by ChewyChewy »

machchunk wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:
Sinder wrote:The boy dresses up like a cat and dates a mouse. He has some issues.
Fido dates a cat. Peanut already has a crush on a cat.
yes because that's totally the same thing
The only difference I see is that Joey dresses up like a cat, and the species he's dating is different. And so what?
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

Joey has identity disassociation issues
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

bixlow wrote:Joey has identity disassociation issues
Not necessarily....
PF chars

--Phoenix

ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

ChewyChewy wrote:
machchunk wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:
Fido dates a cat. Peanut already has a crush on a cat.
yes because that's totally the same thing
The only difference I see is that Joey dresses up like a cat, and the species he's dating is different. And so what?
I think the difference between a cat and a dog is less massive than a dog and a mouse.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Cease and desist you guys

You know who I'm talking to
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Apologies. :oops:
PF chars

--Phoenix

ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

rickgriffin wrote:Cease and desist you guys

You know who I'm talking to
:? ummm... oops...what he said...

:?
no longer active, sorry
wolvie616

Post by wolvie616 »

making Rick seperate you two :lol:

you made my day. thank you :)
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Two_Twig wrote:"Picture"

Man, Peanut's been working out.

(P.S. Don't worry, I deliberately made it look unprofessional.)
+ 1 internet for you for enhancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk
Enhance.. enhance... enhance
Last edited by Kyderra on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Two_Twig wrote:Image

DDDDDAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

valerio wrote:

DDDDDAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I know right. Even though I don't enjoy sentamental things (I'm a big time hater of many things, but thats story for another time) this does put a smirk on my face. ^_^
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

The pic looks just about accurate. I think.
D.Z.

Post by D.Z. »

Killjoy that I am, I have to point something else out:

If continuity persists, this changes nothing.

Grape figured she was stating something they both already knew and took for granted. All that has changed is that Peanut has found out she knew (and, I guess, she has found out that Peanut didn't know she knew, and now I'm doing the mouseover thing).

Considering Grape has already known this forever, what has just happened isn't really going to change her approach towards it, is it? I just don't think she likes Peanut that way. (Only that last-panel mischievous grin throws a shadow of doubt in my mind.)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

D.Z. wrote:Killjoy that I am, I have to point something else out:

If continuity persists, this changes nothing.

Grape figured she was stating something they both already knew and took for granted. All that has changed is that Peanut has found out she knew (and, I guess, she has found out that Peanut didn't know she knew, and now I'm doing the mouseover thing).

Considering Grape has already known this forever, what has just happened isn't really going to change her approach towards it, is it? I just don't think she likes Peanut that way. (Only that last-panel mischievous grin throws a shadow of doubt in my mind.)
On the other hand, the fact that Rick is pulling that out of his bag of tricks now could mean otherwise. :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

he probably just wants to shut us up
ImageImage
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

sorry to barge in this one last time on the latest strip, but it just hit me and won't get away until I wrote it down. Bear with me, folks...

There is a final option for the finale of this arc and this season, one we (in)voluntarily grazed, maybe because it'd be too cruel, although logical in its own way.
Peanut, after Grape's revelations, just snaps. He starts accusing her she was making fun of him all along, mocking his feelings, and practically shoving it in his face when she invited Max over. This in turn trigger an angry reaction from Grape, who accuses Peanut of being just a big baby and that he hasn't the right to make her feel guilty of anything and all. Something on that line. Nothing physically violent, but a big fight between them all the same, which leaves Peanut alone (in his room, outdoor, pick one). And that is when Pete shows up, playing the all-sympathetic guy, in truth doing nothing to sway Peanut from the idea that he doesn't want to live under the same roof with Grape... And finally granting him his wish by turning into a human, thus teaching Peanut a lesson about how valuable can be a good friendship...but only now that Peanut can't be close to Grape anymore (or at least for the time it will take to fix things).
This would be a true revolution in the Housepets! setting, the base for a whole new series of plots to last throughout year 3.
*huff* all right, hope I am TOTALLY wrong on this, but as I said I had to write it down.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

valerio wrote: *huff* all right, hope I am TOTALLY wrong on this, but as I said I had to write it down.
My favorite part of this is when people come up with absolutely insane theories and convince themselves they must be true
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

valerio wrote:sorry to barge in this one last time on the latest strip, but it just hit me and won't get away until I wrote it down. Bear with me, folks...

There is a final option for the finale of this arc and this season, one we (in)voluntarily grazed, maybe because it'd be too cruel, although logical in its own way.
Peanut, after Grape's revelations, just snaps. He starts accusing her she was making fun of him all along, mocking his feelings, and practically shoving it in his face when she invited Max over. This in turn trigger an angry reaction from Grape, who accuses Peanut of being just a big baby and that he hasn't the right to make her feel guilty of anything and all. Something on that line. Nothing physically violent, but a big fight between them all the same, which leaves Peanut alone (in his room, outdoor, pick one). And that is when Pete shows up, playing the all-sympathetic guy, in truth doing nothing to sway Peanut from the idea that he doesn't want to live under the same roof with Grape... And finally granting him his wish by turning into a human, thus teaching Peanut a lesson about how valuable can be a good friendship...but only now that Peanut can't be close to Grape anymore (or at least for the time it will take to fix things).
This would be a true revolution in the Housepets! setting, the base for a whole new series of plots to last throughout year 3.
*huff* all right, hope I am TOTALLY wrong on this, but as I said I had to write it down.
I don't see that happening other than the fact that Peanut could snap (not likely) or just get mad. And besides Grape seem so darn clam about pointing out Peanut's crush to her.
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

Valerio, your theory is completely hairtractate. :lol:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:sorry to barge in this one last time on the latest strip, but it just hit me and won't get away until I wrote it down. Bear with me, folks...

Ummm.... I'm going to assume your not serious because that is the craziest thing I've ever heard.
valerio

Post by valerio »

My favorite part of this is when people come up with absolutely insane theories and convince themselves they must be true
as I said before. 'Dance my puppets, DANCE for me!'
Ummm.... I'm going to assume your not serious because that is the craziest thing I've ever heard.
Crazy, but original.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

rickgriffin wrote:
valerio wrote: *huff* all right, hope I am TOTALLY wrong on this, but as I said I had to write it down.
I'm so glad you commented o n this, because if that did happen, I would stop reading the comic, because that would be really crazy stuff comrade.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

rickgriffin wrote: My favorite part of this is when people come up with absolutely insane theories and convince themselves they must be true
But rick, people coming up with insane ideas and theories is fun, provided that you don't actually put it into practice...
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

valerio wrote:
as I said before. 'Dance my puppets, DANCE for me!'
Crazy, but original.
Maybe too original...
no longer active, sorry
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

the last crazy idea what came up in this topic was Spot being in the Pridelands.
now thats just to silly, as if that would happen.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Profesor Rod

Post by Profesor Rod »

ReCreate wrote:Maybe too original...

Pet Friendly Chars
Rody S1 P4 E4 C7 I9 A5 L7
Moon S4 P8 E3 C9 I8 A6 L4
[/size]
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Profesor Rod wrote:
Yes...
no longer active, sorry
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It must be really encouraging as a writer to see all this rampant speculation. Personally, I'm not expecting it to go anywhere besides Grape letting Peanut down as gently as she is capable of, and then they go into the whole "still friends" thing and all that jazz. It me go more robust than that, but I strongly doubt a relationship upgrade is in the cards. It would be instantly gratifying for me to see them together, but more rationally I think that would not be a good direction for the strip in the long run.

But whatever happens I'm sure it'll be great.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sleet wrote:It must be really encouraging as a writer to see all this rampant speculation. Personally, I'm not expecting it to go anywhere besides Grape letting Peanut down as gently as she is capable of, and then they go into the whole "still friends" thing and all that jazz. It me go more robust than that, but I strongly doubt a relationship upgrade is in the cards. It would be instantly gratifying for me to see them together, but more rationally I think that would not be a good direction for the strip in the long run.

But whatever happens I'm sure it'll be great.
WE'VE GOT ANOTHER TROPE LINKER IN THE FORUMS! SOMEONE GRAB THE TAZER
No, but really, welcome to the forums. :)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Barkeron wrote: provided that you don't actually put it into practice...
And that's where the paranoia comes in!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I actually think this a refined version of Sinder's "D" option two pages back, but it's still pretty original.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Profesor Rod wrote:
thatsthejoke.jpg

Also just putting this out here again: Grape's strabismus is the next big revelation
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

I don't think poor Valerio is gonna make it to 1 AM guys
ImageImage
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think the only paranoia you have to worry about Rick is from the fanbase that tries too hard to get you to ship stuff ;)
Grape and Maxwell kittens plx thx bai!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Zander

Post by Zander »

GameCobra wrote:I think the only paranoia you have to worry about Rick is from the fanbase that tries too hard to get you to ship stuff ;)
O_o lol, i didn't expect that when i enlarged the text XD

you just got owned
Last edited by Zander on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

that's suppose to be so small it's a secret! D:
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Zander wrote:
GameCobra wrote:I think the only paranoia you have to worry about Rick is from the fanbase that tries too hard to get you to ship stuff ;)
O_o lol, i didn't expect that when i enlarged the text XD
thatsthejoke2.jpg
Zander

Post by Zander »

machchunk wrote: thatsthejoke2.jpg
What?!
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Apparently J.K. Rowling got death threats because she sank their ships with the epilogue of book 7. So the moral of the story is: pair characters because the loud members of the fanbase tell you to.

Or ignore them. Either works.
Last edited by Sleet on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Zander wrote:
machchunk wrote: thatsthejoke2.jpg
What?!
I just think explaining the joke when there's no need to is dumb